Type keyword(s) to search

S12 Where Are They Now?

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I know some people follow them on SM, but that surprises me, too.

I'm not sure why that is surprising - they were on SM before MAFS like most millennials, they just have a boatload of new followers now. The difference is that they are not shilling any products there (yet). Their SM appears to be just that - social.

My favorite part of snooping on Clara's instagram is seeing her as a brunette until recently. I think she looked way better that way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 6/10/2021 at 12:02 PM, Retired at last said:

As long as there are cameras there. Those two make me nervous.

I actually fell asleep and don't care. I was so annoyed at spending so much time on that horrible smug Paige - first with her friend snd then all that time on her"totally real date with a guy who just happens to agree to being filmed." I don't like her and never will. She is too much for me. 

Haley is still annoying and will be single forever. I bet she was waiting to be asked to be Clara's bridesmaid.  I am not sure if Suz-onnnnn and Jake will work, but, again, as long as the date is being filmed, it is not real. But, good luck to him.

That was a nice house that Vinnie and Bri were looking at and I hope it works for them. I didn't see if they made an offer.

Ryan and Clara are fine and will be fine. That is all.

ETA: Judging by the number of responses here, it looks like the producers have gone to the well once too often this season. I am guessing the numbers will even be lower for the next two weeks.

Even if the numbers are a little lower they'll make a fortune! This is a very successful franchise. Any doesn't cost a lot to produce compared to the money they make. Every episode has a lot of upside financially if the numbers a little smaller still a great upside.

On 6/11/2021 at 1:17 PM, Ilovepie said:

Holy Hell, this was boring. They have milked this cast dry. I got confused as to which show I was watching because two of these couples are also on Couples Cam right now. My fast forward button got a work out.

The only interesting tidbits to me are that 1. Ryan still talks to Chris (what! why????) and 2. makes more than Clara (what exactly does he do?) and 3. it's enough money that he didn't bat an eye at the $8,000 price tag for a NYE/wedding party venue. It's really too bad they aren't on Couples Cam because I find them the "best" couple this season. I saw on Instagram Stories a funny post from Ryan showing his pensive face labeled "Me realizing we still had one more episode to film". Ha! He is definitely not a fan of the cameras and I am sure he was happy to see the end of the Lifetime camera crew.

If they try this post-reunion nonsense next season I will not be watching.

That's OK they know that everyone will complain but watch. Complaining part of the fun. Sorry if you refuse to join in the fun.

• Love 1

A NYE vow renewal when he still hadn't even said he loved her?!!! ALL. THE. EYE. ROLLS!!! #ICANTEVEN with them!! The absurdity isn't even interesting. They brought NOTHING to the episode.

(edited)

BEST PART: NO HYPOCHRIS!!! He prolly refused to film. We know production loves his instability. I wish they would've cut people mentioning that fool!! I hope who he keeps in contact with doesn't initiate contact. I'd tell him I couldn't have someone so unstable in my life.😅

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2

LET IT GO JACOB!!! She said what she said!! She felt no effort! Just like he felt she didn't try. She can say & do whatever, whether it's true or bs. WHO CARES?!! We SAW what happened! Did he really expect better from her? 😂😂 Did he really think saying he disagreed would make her take it back or something? I really don't get his endgame. Does he even know his point? He could've said she quit on day 4 & was just committed to filming after that. He loves harping on one thing & making her uncomfortable. It's twisted.

Mold her into what he wants? Oh GTFOH with that!! That's RICH coming from the wife of the guy dictacting what a wife does! 😂😂  Jacob didn't try to mold Haley into anything!! He simply expected CONSISTENCY. He wanted her to be who she PRESENTED herself to be in the beginning! Of course he gave up getting to know her because what he was shown was a LIE!! He wanted a quality person! Someone warm, receptive, & considerate. Apparently, that was unreasonable. 😅

• Like 1
  • Love 1

WHO goes to a stranger's house for a FIRST date??? So WEIRD! Flowers were nice & weird. I really don't understand why dogs barking and jumping on visitors isn't embarrassing enough to correct. Like. Come on! FIX IT! It's ANNOYING!!! I can't stand bad dog owners. Cue Erik & Virginia FINALLY getting around to having a dog trainer try to help. Doesn't look like they learned anything. The peanut butter trick looked completely unnecessary, they acted fine in the tub.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sidepart’s and Clarabelle’s breakup was a matter of when not if…..

RyRy’s been looking for the exit since she’s been asking for him to pony up deposits for their NYEve renewal ceremony….

Season 12 was a crapfest.

Briana, wake up Buttercup! Join the rest of your gal pals and dump Champagne Big Baby.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Sidepart’s and Clarabelle’s breakup was a matter of when not if…..

RyRy’s been looking for the exit since she’s been asking for him to pony up deposits for their NYEve renewal ceremony….

I know, no shock or surprise there.  The renewal ceremony idea was so bizarre and expensive I just knew it was the beginning of the end for them.  His body language never showed me that he was in love with her.  Their "everything is perfect" act was just so incongruent with what I felt about their relationship that it drove me crazy all season.  They kept their real relationship private and put forward a fiction for the TV show.  But guys, you signed up for a TV show, you kind of owed the truth to the public!  Thanks a lot for lying to us!  I get it that going on TV with your relationship stuff is rough but come on, we would have appreciated a little transparency and honesty.  You really disrespected us by trying to make us think everything was perfect.  They were gaslighting us the whole time!

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

They were gaslighting us the whole time!

They were unsuccessfully gaslighting us the whole time. I’m no genius, but I remained unconvinced since the first episode I stumbled upon, when Ryan disdainfully and with utter disgust watched Clara scarf down that entire plate of donuts. Every moment she was on screen, she oozed sexual frustration and the discussion she had with the other women, about how she “services” him but he never repays the favor, was the only honest moment from either one of them. Now I just hope they’ll stay off my tv.

• Love 8
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

They were unsuccessfully gaslighting us the whole time. I’m no genius, but I remained unconvinced since the first episode I stumbled upon, when Ryan disdainfully and with utter disgust watched Clara scarf down that entire plate of donuts. Every moment she was on screen, she oozed sexual frustration and the discussion she had with the other women, about how she “services” him but he never repays the favor, was the only honest moment from either one of them. Now I just hope they’ll stay off my tv.

Yup you speak for me here.  I saw all this myself.  She was being hopeful and trying to keep a positive attitude that he might suddenly fall for her, but we all knew already that that was never going to happen.  That video clip of her talking to her friends was a big clue about what was really going on in that relationship and it bore no resemblance to what they were telling the cameras in their talking heads.  Poor Clara....

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Yeah - I think they both really wanted it to work - in that way that I think they both wanted to be happily married, but I didn't think they were a good match either.

This was really not a well-matched season. I don't know if the pool was slim because of COVID or what.

12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

His body language never showed me that he was in love with her. 

Me neither. Liked her, yes, but not loved her. I remember once they were sitting in his yard and Clara leaned her head on Ryan's shoulder and I thought "Put your arm around her, kiss the top of her head, do SOMETHING to show affection," and he didn't. And with their different approaches to religion, it's not a surprise that they didn't make it. It's a shame though, they seemed like nice people.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Me neither. Liked her, yes, but not loved her. I remember once they were sitting in his yard and Clara leaned her head on Ryan's shoulder and I thought "Put your arm around her, kiss the top of her head, do SOMETHING to show affection," and he didn't. And with their different approaches to religion, it's not a surprise that they didn't make it. It's a shame though, they seemed like nice people.

She also liked to throw her leg across his lap and he held it like it was a side of beef.  

• LOL 3
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

This was really not a well-matched season. I don't know if the pool was slim because of COVID or what.

I think some of the audience was believing that Ryan just didn't like PDA and that there was more affection going on behind the scenes than we saw.  But I think that was one of the fictions they were trying to promote to make us believe everything was fine.  But like a lot of people, I wasn't buying it.

I understand that Clara had a lot riding on this so her over-optimism about this relationship is somewhat understandable, but someone needs to make her read "He's Just Not That Into You".

16 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Has anyone ever confronted the "expert" matchmakers about their process? Relationships are already a crapshoot, but they're failing to set these couples up for success. Clara and Ryan should have never even contemplated being anything more than friends.

If anybody has confronted them, they'll never let us know about it.  They're too busy patting themselves on the back for all their "successes".  I wonder how they're going to act now that so many of the recent couples to stay married after DD are falling apart.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 2

I may be a bit surprised as I thought they would last 1-2 years.  But, all of you are right-they should NOT have been matched.  There are some deal-breakers that just can't seem to be unbroken even though couples may try for a while.  For them, I think it was religion AND healthy life-style (Ryan seemed frustrated with her lack of exercise and enjoyment of the same foods that I love...).  For Eric and Virginia, it was having children (cat allergies may also have played into it).  Over the seasons we have seen the "experts" ignore very significant deal-breakers usually justifying it with some sort of "opposites" theory.

• Love 7
(edited)
49 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

For Eric and Virginia, it was having children (cat allergies may also have played into it). 

They were also incompatible politically, and Eric at least was on the "I know what I believe and that's it" tip (IIRC that's a direct quote from him) so he wasn't interested in her views. They really were just not compatible at all.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

If anybody has confronted them, they'll never let us know about it.  They're too busy patting themselves on the back for all their "successes".  

Any one of us could find random singles in a bar, match them up, and have a higher success rate than the team of know nothings experts has. “Opposites attract” makes for interesting plot devices but rarely makes for long, successful marriages.

Upon further reflection, throwing colored darts at their pictures to choose who gets married to whom would be a step up from the Not Very Expert matchmaking prowess.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Eight grand for the use of a venue with not caterer seemed stupid, well actually it is stupid.

That actually seemed pretty normal to me in a major city. We paid more than that for our venue (granted, we live in a pretty expensive city) and it wasn't huge (100 people).

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Has anyone ever confronted the "expert" matchmakers about their process? Relationships are already a crapshoot, but they're failing to set these couples up for success. Clara and Ryan should have never even contemplated being anything more than friends.

I'd pay to watch that show!!!

Instead, I watched matchmaking in Houston where those morons boasted about what a good job they did for this season, hired not one but two guys who said if they weren't immediately attracted to their wife it would be a dealbreaker (IMO they are the ones breaking the deal of the show with that attitude and should not be chosen for that reason alone) and then fixed up a girl who dumps guys to go out with her friends if they don't want to go with a guy who's a homebody and doesn't like party girls. Idiots.

• Love 3
On 7/13/2021 at 8:59 AM, Yeah No said:

If anybody has confronted them, they'll never let us know about it.  They're too busy patting themselves on the back for all their "successes".  I wonder how they're going to act now that so many of the recent couples to stay married after DD are falling apart.

The same way they acted when ZERO couples stayed together after seasons two, three and four. Ignore, ignore, ignore.......

• Love 3
On 6/15/2021 at 7:28 PM, Kira53 said:

Even if the numbers are a little lower they'll make a fortune! This is a very successful franchise. Any doesn't cost a lot to produce compared to the money they make. Every episode has a lot of upside financially if the numbers a little smaller still a great upside.

That's OK they know that everyone will complain but watch. Complaining part of the fun. Sorry if you refuse to join in the fun.

In this case, one person's "fun" is another person's "Please, God, make it stop!"

J/S. 

Well, just watched the Decision Day Dish and it looks like Anthony and Ashley, Greg and Deonna, and Vincent and Brianna are all doing well.

Anything on anybody else, or do these contestants participants just disappear after their seasons?