Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: Most Wanted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, preeya said:

Why is this show called "most wanted" when all they do is pursue the crook of the week? How was the BB player's (LeBron James lookalike) case under the jurisdiction of the FBI?

The locals asked the FBI to take it over since it was high profile.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

The only thing I didn’t get was the murder/suicide done by the victim’s stalker, why was he stalking the victim, and then he murders his roommate and then kills himself so he doesn’t go to prison? A lot of that just didn’t make much sense, and then it was quickly forgotten about. That seemed tacked on and the episode would’ve been better without it. Other than that the episode was good.

I think that he may not have been stalking her, but stalking the kids. He killed the roommate because the roommate was calling the FBI on him. You may have missed the "stalker was a pedophile near a school" part. That alone would probably send him to jail, so he got angry and killed the roommate in the process of trying to stop the call. He then committed suicide so he wouldn't go to prison (given the treatment pedophiles get in prison, he probably thought it was the better option).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, illdoc said:

I think that he may not have been stalking her, but stalking the kids. He killed the roommate because the roommate was calling the FBI on him. You may have missed the "stalker was a pedophile near a school" part. That alone would probably send him to jail, so he got angry and killed the roommate in the process of trying to stop the call. He then committed suicide so he wouldn't go to prison (given the treatment pedophiles get in prison, he probably thought it was the better option).

You are correct. When they ID'd him they found out he was on the sex offender registry. Kristin mentioned the murder/suicide was to avoid prison. He knew the video of him fleeing & knew he'd get busted back to prison for being within X distance of a school. It was just a misdirect.

The kids didn't look down, depressed their mother was dead. Now both parents are gone. Terrible.

Don't hear many stories connecting CTE and basketball.

Worst/sloppy Cleaner ever! Sad times when the person hired to prevent their clients from arrest on evidence, is the one to be caught by the cops.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Since season 1, I thought Sheryl is Jess’ number two. With Kristin on board, she has taken that spot, and Sheryl seems okay with it. Weird.

Yes, and there’s no reason for it to have been done either. We weren’t told that Kristin  outranked Cheryl somehow.  Cheryl seems to have almost disappeared   So it might be a behind the scenes issue with the cast or the actress wanted fewer hours. 

• Love 2
On 11/18/2021 at 5:30 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Since season 1, I thought Sheryl is Jess’ number two. With Kristin on board, she has taken that spot, and Sheryl seems okay with it. Weird.

I agree it is weird, Barnes was clearly the #2 behind Jess but now it seems like Kristin is #2. 

• Love 2

Ref. Episode  of basketball player….why couldn’t they look at the video from the hallway outside his room in the hotel?  There may have been a secret exit, but there’d still be cameras in the halls and a record of when the room key was used on his room door.  And, there’d video of him if he set off the fire alarm.  Just sloppy writing, imo.  I do like they  they showcased the dangers of brain injury in athletes.  I’m in the minority, but I shutter when I think about American football…..it’s very concerning. I suppose it can happen with any sport, but football and boxing seem to be particularly risky.    

Here is the synopsis for S03.E08: "Sport Of Kings", airing December 7, 2021:

After a prized Kentucky racehorse is stolen and its groomer is taken hostage, the team quickly learns they may be the only ones who consider the young woman’s safety a priority over the horse’s. Also, Byron returns to celebrate the holidays with Jess and his family.

• Love 1

This was a really good episode, lots of good twists, I never saw it coming that the girl who was kidnapped would take half of the money and escape. She was sympathetic and I guess there’s nothing they could arrest her for if she is caught since the owner of the horse won’t testify against her. The girl’s stepdad was an epic piece of shit. The killer was a pure psychopath and his accomplice was just pathetic. I enjoyed this episode from start to finish, very good case. The Lacroix family stuff didn’t really bother me and I liked that his dad was able to assist with his knowledge of horses. And maybe Tali will go away to boarding school and we will be free of her drama for a while!! And I guess Tali’s grandparents have moved to Canada and out of the house they were staying in with Jess, maybe that’s why we never see them. 

• Love 4

I actually cheered out loud when Tali said she wanted to go away to boarding school! She wasn't a brat in this episode which was nice. Maybe because Sarah was away? Haven't read anywhere that YaYa Gosselin (Tali) is leaving the series. 

Liked this episode but was surprised that Tessa took off with half the money. Thought she was setting up Willie to be caught with all the money. Looks like Tessa had a crappy childhood with her jerky stepfather so now she can start over somewhere. Although I would have liked to see her stepfather get in trouble for whatever he did to her.

• Love 4
On 12/8/2021 at 3:49 PM, illdoc said:

Was anyone else, after LaCroix said "I'd never see you", expected Tali to say "You never see me now!"?

Hahaha that’s exactly what I thought to myself, AND expected Tali to say. She probably wanted to too.

It’s Strange how the whole family was oh so happy w/o Sarah present. Does Tali hate her b/c she’s trying to take the Mom role but can’t since her real mom is deceased?

The past two episodes have been very interesting. Totally different but very entertaining. Great season so far. 

We at least got a mention of the grandparents,  but no mention of Clayton.   Would have been a perfect time to say Clayton was in Canada too.   Pretty sloppy writing.   

I’m  going to say this again.  The actress playing Talli is 12 years old.  Dressing her up like she is 15 doesn’t make her 15. Nor is the character 15.  Even though her grandfather refers to her as a young woman.    Allowing her to ride to school with a boy old enough to drive is not something a father who is an FBI agent would do. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Allowing her to ride to school with a boy old enough to drive is not something a father who is an FBI agent would do.

Especially since he's (at least) suspected of vaping/smoking marijuana!

Tali was a different character in this episode (with the exception of driving to school with her boyfriend). She could not stand Sarah in prior episodes so I found it highly unlikely that she would allow Sarah to help her with the application to the Canadian school.

I hope that TPTB realize that the focus on Jess's home life is a mistake and send Tali off to school. They have unfortunately exiled her other grandparents with not even a mention of their names - which was apparent and annoying. Perhaps they plan to shift the "home" focus to Kristen's or Barnes' families? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, illdoc said:

"I want more Tali/Sarah/LaCroix family scenes"--said no one, ever. But, should there actually be one or two of you out there, here comes the "Winter Finale" (with added Barnes family drama): https://tvline.com/2021/12/13/fbi-most-wanted-julian-mcmahon-preview-mall-shooting-episode/

The literal only good possibility from this is that it sounds like Tali will maybe stop copping so much attitude with Sarah. Yes, it's probably normal for a girl her age who lost her mother to resent her father's new serious girlfriend. I just don't care and want it to permanently stop. 

Otherwise...I love Terry O'Quinn? I got nothing. 

I didn’t expect to like this episode, but I did. It was compelling to watch everyone work together to get out of the mall and end the shooting. Each character got a role and the family stuff was actually pretty minimal, I actually like Byron, Jess’ dad, and I liked how he was able to help out, and how the characters on the outside helped out. It was a compelling hour.

I also liked the ex cop who helped them and I was glad to see him reunited with his son at the end, I wasn’t sure if he would make it through the episode.

This show has had a pretty good string of episodes lately. 

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I didn’t expect to like this episode, but I did. It was compelling to watch everyone work together to get out of the mall and end the shooting. Each character got a role and the family stuff was actually pretty minimal, I actually like Byron, Jess’ dad, and I liked how he was able to help out, and how the characters on the outside helped out. It was a compelling hour.

I also liked the ex cop who helped them and I was glad to see him reunited with his son at the end, I wasn’t sure if he would make it through the episode.

This show has had a pretty good string of episodes lately. 

This ↑. Very good fall season finale. 

One small observation: Did Jess's girlfriend miss her appointment with wardrobe & makeup? She looked like she was coming off a three day bender.

• Love 1

Question: How were the shooters planning on getting out of the mall? All the doors were bombed. Were they planning on calling the "outside guy" and say "we're ready to leave. unbomb the door"? Or was that the reason the roof door was conveniently unbombed? Was the plan just to shoot up the mall???? If so, maybe they should have held off until it was closer to Xmas---that mall seemed rather empty to me. And, for that matter, how did they plant the bomb in "The Tomb"? Presumably, they didn't know they were about to get fired, so (a) would not have a bomb ready to plant and (b) their security keys would have been taken away immediately and possibly (c) the security code would have been changed, so how did they get into the security office after they were fired????? The impression I had was that all 4 had been fired (not, "3 fired, 1 friend still working who planted stuff).

30 minutes ago, Raja said:

It seemed like a whole lot of excuses to keep the NYPD out of the mall. Those excuses especially fell apart at the search for the last bomb.

I haven't been watching this iteration of the FBI franchise, so I don't know how the narrative typically goes between police and FBI on the show, but in all the many, many cop shows I've ever watched, there is always this weird (to me) animosity between the cops and the fibbies——so it was refreshing to see them working together rather than competing and/or even misdirecting one another. 

So I easily handwaved the cops not entering the mall.

But, now that you mention the  "whole lot of excuses to keep the NYPD out of the mall," @Raja, it brings to mind the plot point of the only cop in the mall helping the the FBI being a retired POC, which is, now that I think about it, a way to add just one more character with significant dialog who also checked boxes of age, color, and professional background (specifically police), with a bonus of family drama. Did I leave anything out? I wonder if they considered making the character differently abled in some way, but instead decided to have the slightly overweight retired guy be a sprinter——which was a more subtle spin on demonstrating unexpected capability from a character of seeming limitations?  

But about the FBI discouraging the NYPD from from entering the mall: Did any FBI enter the mall who weren't already there when the attack started? I don't recall.

9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yes, the former cop was definitely a possible red shirt.
The final scene of the outside of the mall, with the camera pulling back on a very Christmassy scene was actually a relief and comforting in these hard times of real life, even if it was a little OTT tropey with the Birth of a Special Child and Peace Among All etc. etc.

I also liked that there was minimal time devoted to explaining the all-but-one faceless bad guy shooters.

And the people getting gunned down in the stalls was chilling, but not gratuitously so, as we did not see it up close, but the choreography was, nevertheless, IMO, very effective.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, illdoc said:

Question: How were the shooters planning on getting out of the mall? All the doors were bombed. Were they planning on calling the "outside guy" and say "we're ready to leave. unbomb the door"? Or was that the reason the roof door was conveniently unbombed? Was the plan just to shoot up the mall???? If so, maybe they should have held off until it was closer to Xmas---that mall seemed rather empty to me. And, for that matter, how did they plant the bomb in "The Tomb"? Presumably, they didn't know they were about to get fired, so (a) would not have a bomb ready to plant and (b) their security keys would have been taken away immediately and possibly (c) the security code would have been changed, so how did they get into the security office after they were fired????? The impression I had was that all 4 had been fired (not, "3 fired, 1 friend still working who planted stuff).

There are lots of ways to spin "How were the shooters planning on getting out of the mall," IMO, since they had worked there long enough to know their way around Security systems. But there was a definite decision to not tell their story, to focus on "the good guys," and that included not even revealing details of how, why, when, etc. the disgruntled employees did what they did. 

• Useful 1

I thought this was a good episode. I was so sure that someone - Sarah, Byron, Tali, the retired cop - was not going to make it out alive and I'm happy I was wrong. I think it's realistic for Tali to both be antagonistic to Sarah and also love her, as I'm sure she has conflicting emotions about her dad dating and possibly replacing her mother but also be happy to have someone like Sarah in her life. After all, Tali was the one who pushed her dad to call and pursue Sarah. Teenage girls can be a bundle of contradictions. 

I do not like the idea of Ortiz moving in with Hana as her roommate. Do these people not get tired of seeing each other all day and every day? I wouldn't want to be roommates with a co-worker, especially one that I worked closely with every day. If it was just someone who happened to work in the same building, that could be ok and might be helpful as we could carpool if needed. But someone you actually spend time with all day at work? No thank you. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, illdoc said:

And, for that matter, how did they plant the bomb in "The Tomb"?

I rather suspected the IT guy stuck in the security center as part of the group.  Didn't he say that he had been in there all day long?  Wouldn't he notice the entire harness of wires that had been cut? He got a pass after he helped set up the old Windows 75 security system so the cops could get back on top.

I was also surprised to see them pick up the automatic weapons and extra ammo from the dead terrorists.  Usually the cops act like John McLain with his two bullets left and try and take down the remaining bad guys.

It was definitely a tense episode all the way through, and they left possibilities open almost all the way.

• Love 4

Other than the shooting up a mall before Christmas in an episode that aired less than two weeks before Christmas, the episode was a good one. 

Tali looked and acted her age, Jess’s dad wasn’t annoying and was actually helpful.  

One thing I finally noticed was that Jen Landon is a better actress than I gave her credit for.  She is playing two completely different characters on two shows, and she is believable in both. Even if I don’t like Sarah.  

All the characters got screen time and Barnes got her rightful position back. Kristin was minimized ( yay).  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The only thing I found a little jarring was how happy everyone getting out of the mall was. Not just relieved but joyful and you only saw people who found their loved ones. There were a LOT of people killed inside and they had family members also. The atmosphere outside sites like this is of shock and sorrow, not jovial.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, meira.hand said:

The only thing I found a little jarring was how happy everyone getting out of the mall was. Not just relieved but joyful and you only saw people who found their loved ones. There were a LOT of people killed inside and they had family members also. The atmosphere outside sites like this is of shock and sorrow, not jovial.

Must have been a small mall not to have more security around the holidays.

I guess this is their cheap version of Die Hard at the mall except with the black helpful cop inside helping instead of outside.

It was a decent episode.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I rather suspected the IT guy stuck in the security center as part of the group.  Didn't he say that he had been in there all day long?  Wouldn't he notice the entire harness of wires that had been cut? He got a pass after he helped set up the old Windows 75 security system so the cops could get back on top.

I was also surprised to see them pick up the automatic weapons and extra ammo from the dead terrorists.  Usually the cops act like John McLain with his two bullets left and try and take down the remaining bad guys.

It was definitely a tense episode all the way through, and they left possibilities open almost all the way.

The security guy ready  to go down fighting with his pepper spray was my guy. I was surprised that the retired cop was from Texas. I didn't think New York would allow him to carry weapons. 

Give John McLain a break he always had reinforcements heading his way as he looked for shoes as well as the radio and weapons.

Edited by Raja
1 hour ago, Raja said:

I was surprised that the retired cop was from Texas. I didn't think New York would allow him to carry weapons. 

Who says he even asked? Better to get forgiveness than permission.

It was a good episode that kept interest, set up future storyline, healed some errant (on the writer’s part) wounds and, hopefully, made viewers want to come back.

Is Ortiz schooled in negotiation techniques? I cringed when he picked up the radio and identified himself-how many shooters left standing at that point? He could have triggered them toward more destruction. 

One last point: the NYPD captain “in charge” looked familiar to me. At first, I decided to ignore it, but then I couldn’t (voices get me every time). He played the pilot in Manifest.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I rather suspected the IT guy stuck in the security center as part of the group.

I did too, until he unlocked the “tomb” and started hauling out all the old equipment. 

• Love 2

I agree with most of what everyone has already posted. 

That said, I felt it a little tone deaf that an episode about a mass shooting aired on the Sandy Hook anniversary. It was actually quite hard for me to watch this without feeling completely anxious. 

4 hours ago, hookedontv said:

I agree with most of what everyone has already posted. 

That said, I felt it a little tone deaf that an episode about a mass shooting aired on the Sandy Hook anniversary. It was actually quite hard for me to watch this without feeling completely anxious. 

That had to be on purpose, right? As a kind of acknowledgement and to show respect for the victims who were denied respect by trolls on SM? But then they should have had a memorial text at the end, right?

I remember when episodes depicting mass shootings would be pulled at the last minute because one had happened in the last month or so, or at least there would be a trigger warning at the beginning. Sadly, now it's commonplace. 😞

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I thought this was an excellent episode - with the exception of the Tali/Sarah relationship. The turnaround in Tali over the last two episodes was too quick for me. A few episodes ago, TPTB made her look older - vaping, driving around with her boyfriend, school issues, etc.... Last episode, we heard about Tali wanting to go to equestrian boarding school, which reminded me of the Tali from the early episodes. I think that there was an abrupt change to Tali the Troubled Teen and an abrupt change back which started in the last episode. Did not ring true for me. 

OTOH, I thought they did a very good job showing the horror of the mall shooting, I also liked that Jess's dad was able to help out in a heroic way - and did not die - which I feared throughout. I also feared for the safety of Barnes's wife - glad that did not turn into a tragedy. 

Hopefully Tali goes off to boarding school and is only seen on holidays. 

• Love 6

In today's TVLine Matt's Inside Line: 

On FBI: Most Wanted, was there ever an explanation for where Tali’s grandparents went? I feel like they never explained what happened to them? –Karen
It was recently mentioned in passing that Clinton’s folks, Nelson and Marilou Skye (played by Lorne Cardinal and Irene Bedard), now live in Canada. “I loved that storyline,” Julian McMahon, who plays Jess, said when I delivered your Q “but once we lost the Clinton character (played by former cast member Nathaniel Arcand), it didn’t play into the sensibility of the whole thing. We only have brief moments where we can express that kind of stuff, a minute or so on either end [of an episode], so I think it was decided that we needed to move away from that, because that door had kind of shut.”

3 hours ago, illdoc said:

In today's TVLine Matt's Inside Line: 

On FBI: Most Wanted, was there ever an explanation for where Tali’s grandparents went? I feel like they never explained what happened to them? –Karen
It was recently mentioned in passing that Clinton’s folks, Nelson and Marilou Skye (played by Lorne Cardinal and Irene Bedard), now live in Canada. “I loved that storyline,” Julian McMahon, who plays Jess, said when I delivered your Q “but once we lost the Clinton character (played by former cast member Nathaniel Arcand), it didn’t play into the sensibility of the whole thing. We only have brief moments where we can express that kind of stuff, a minute or so on either end [of an episode], so I think it was decided that we needed to move away from that, because that door had kind of shut.”

A non answer.  He’s saying that the grandparents had to go because Clinton left.  Um no- they are still Tali’s grandparents and they helped raise Tali after her moms death.  Clinton leaving the team didn’t force his parents to move to Canada.  Clinton was only shown in scenes with his parents once or twice anyway. 
 Either the actors weren’t available or you chose to tweminate their employment.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4

I am not a fan of that answer. Because he's saying they didn't have time for them anymore, but they have time for the ridiculous melodrama of his dad, step mother, girlfriend, girlfriend's ex and his teenage-now-bratty-daughter stuff? I'd much rather have the low key, pleasant inlaws then the crap storylines we get with his home life now :-/

• Love 2
On 12/15/2021 at 1:08 PM, Dowel Jones said:

I thought the cop was going to be mistaken for one of the shooters after he picked the shooter’s gun.  I’m glad he lived after the bomb too because he was really giving off the “I don’t have long to live” vibe with his back story and taking chances. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 3

Description for S03.E10: "Incendiary", airing January 4, 2022:

The team hunts for a young man who is using napalm-style bombs to attack his targets. Also, with Tali away, Jess and Sarah begin to adjust to their empty nest.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/18/2021 at 3:59 PM, mythoughtis said:

Yes, and there’s no reason for it to have been done either. We weren’t told that Kristin  outranked Cheryl somehow.  Cheryl seems to have almost disappeared   So it might be a behind the scenes issue with the cast or the actress wanted fewer hours. 

This is from a while ago, so sorry for the late reply! I don't know WHY Kristen is there, but I do know that Jess introduces her as "SSA" -- "supervisory special agent" -- while the others are "Special Agent." She outranks everyone else there but Jess. I don't know why they wanted an additional SSA on the team, but her rank would be a huge part of why she's now his #1

• Love 1

This was a decent episode, not very memorable but certainly not bad, just a routine chasing down a fugitive case. It was interesting enough watching them track the guy down and get to the bottom of it, but I don’t have a lot to say about this one. Solid episode.

The episode was alright, and I do agree that the “accidental” death of Bihn’s former bunk mate was the trigger to his homicidal behavior. However, even as far back as the seventies there were agencies available to help the mother acquire the English skills needed to begin to transfer her PhD in chemical engineering to something marketable in the US. Vietnamese refugees were assisted by all kinds of government and private agencies. The writers threw in the “born in North Vietnam” ploy to explain why a government job was prohibited, but she could have worked for a private company or practically anywhere else not requiring a high level clearance. Her expertise would have been valuable enough to hire a translator and provide courses to improve her language skills. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Daff said:

The writers threw in the “born in North Vietnam” ploy to explain why a government job was prohibited, but she could have worked for a private company or practically anywhere else not requiring a high level clearance. Her expertise would have been valuable enough to hire a translator and provide courses to improve her language skills. 

Not only that, but even if she couldn't get a job when she first arrived, she probably could have a few years down the road! She married the husband about 4 years after arriving in the country. Couldn't he provide for the family and let the mother stop cleaning houses while she worked on her English/skills?

• Useful 1

Regarding the episode description…. Tali hasn’t been gone 24 hours, and Jess and Sarah’s  big adjustment is to watch a surprise movie just like Jess and Tali used to?  That’s not an adjustment.

I liked Tali ( the nice Tali). Sarah can go anytime.    

On top of that…Jess is sending his daughter out of the country to boarding school and he doesn’t take the flight with her and get her set up in her room? 

Edited by mythoughtis

That was a really good episode but man, so heavy. So freaking sad. And wow, I usually find Julian McMahon to be mediocre at best, but he really did a good job when he was showing his empathetic upset for what Thuy had gone through and how it reminded him of what his wife had gone through as a Native American woman. That was a really good scene. And the microracism with that one guy and his mom and how he acted like they were such good people because they weren't "overtly" racist, was well written. Reminds me of my mom's stories of her in laws saying racist things in front of her and then going "oh but we don't mean you" like that makes what they are saying ok. My heart broke for Thuy. All she wanted was her boy to be happy and healthy and she never saw how angry and wounded he was and him being pushed more and more over the edge. Just a sad story. 

Edited by Maren

Here is the description for S03.E11, "Hunter", airing January 11, 2022:

The Fugitive Task Force chases a killer who plays a twisted game of cat and mouse with his victims. Also, Hana shares something personal about herself with her new roommate.