Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: Most Wanted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Hey all,

While I realize some links do say details, some will not. So as to not have extraneous links with no context, please put a brief description with them in the future, please and thanks!  😎

Carry on!

• Love 1

That just stinks about Clinton. He was a calming presence amidst some of the more hyper and melodramatic characters. Plus, I really liked having a positive portrayal of a Native American character as a regular. I'm really going to miss him. 

• Love 2

We not only lost Clinton this season, we lost Tallie’s grandparents.  Are they coming back now the vaccinations are going well and the border is opening?   Because I’d much rather see them than Jess’s dad and his wife. 

• Love 4

I agree that it sucks to lose Clinton, I really liked him, he was a very calm, level headed character to contrast with the more emotional LaCroix and the others. And I wonder if LaCroix’s in laws/Clinton’s parents will be back? Since LaCroix is living on their property, it would seem like they would have to be shown, especially since they’ve had a wedding and a shooting take place at the house while they were on vacation.

I still like all of the team members and I like the addition of Ortiz a lot, but I’ll miss Clinton, and I wonder how he’ll be written out since he had such a close connection to LaCroix. 

• Love 1

I agree, I would soooooo much rather see the grandparents than LaCroix's dad and his girlfriend/wife. Not to mention LaCroix's new girlfriend and her psycho ex. Both those storylines were huge turn offs for me. The only thing I liked about LaCroix's personal stories was his wife's family LOL.

• Love 5
(edited)

New cast member (plus Fall premiere date): https://tvline.com/2021/07/12/fbi-most-wanted-season-3-alexa-davalos-series-regular-cbs/

NOTE: The season premiere of FBI: MW will be at a special time (9 Eastern/8 Central) on Sep 21. It's the middle part of a 3-series crossover (part 1 FBI, part 3 FBI: International). It will be at its regular time (10/9) on Sept 28 (with the new FBI: International at its regular time 9/8).

Edited by illdoc
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Why vaulted the old forum when the show is still active? Being listed in “Other Dramas” means that the new forum will not be organised in episode-by-episode manner.

Because it also depends upon traffic/posting. There was not enough activity to justify a full forum, hence the downgrade to a thread.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

So with the announcement that the FBI shows will start with a 3 hour crossover (first FBI, then MW, then International) I’m curious as to how this show will address the season ending cliffhanger. It will be hard to do that while right in the middle of a case. But I’m glad it will be that way, because I was sick of the soap opera surrounding LaCroix’s love life and I don’t care for it to be the focus of an entire episode. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’m curious as to how this show will address the season ending cliffhanger. It will be hard to do that while right in the middle of a case.

According to an article, the cliffhanger will "be resolved quickly, although the repercussions will linger throughout the season". There will also be a 6-month time jump.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Description of the season premiere, and the second of a 3-way crossover with FBI and FBI: International, airing tonight:

S03.E01: Exposed (2):

A local FBI case involving two murdered women and a sea of powerful men turns into a manhunt for the dangerous leader of a far-reaching criminal enterprise.

• Love 3

Good start to the season and a very intense episode.

I liked how they didn’t focus on the cliffhanger much at all, quickly revealing what happened and then going on with the case.

This is a very compelling case, and I liked how they deduced everything that was going on and explained it to Isobel at the table, it greatly helped the viewers keep track of a very complex case.

I liked seeing OA work with the team but I was hoping for more of a crossover with FBI - I was hoping for a scene with Jess and Jubal, I liked their dynamic when they interacted in the previous crossover.

The new agent made quite an intro, and jumped right in with ease. She should be a good addition.

Overall a good start to the season and the crossover has been a success, I’m looking forward to part 3 on International and seeing how it all wraps up.

• Love 3

I hate it when I'm smarter than the supposedly Top In the Field guys, OK Many swat types with guns and not just the heroes. Good start. Chopper sitting outside the mansion - Me: "somebody disable that chopper".

But Noooo - there was an airstrip Connected to the house. An airstrip!! That no-one spotted with a satellite. That no one took the simple precaution of parking a car in the middle of it. Not our heroes. I know they needed to go to Europe but did they have to be so bone-headed.

• Love 4

I didn't care for this episode at all.  Three crossovers is overkill.  I typically really like Most Wanted but I wasn't happy with the storyline.  It's been used on just about every TV show.  I watched FBI and Most Wanted.  I tried to watch International but just couldn''t get into it.  I fell asleep before it was over and I don't even care enough to find out how it ended.  I don't know if there's a thread for International yet but I was not impressed with the cast.  There was no one in it I wanted to see.

• Love 2

It’s too bad Crosby is leaving - while I disliked him at the start, once he dialed back his temper I warmed up to him and now like him. 2 original characters now gone in Clinton and Kenny. I’m still curious as to how they write out Clinton for good.

• Love 4

Am not a fan of Kenny and the actor himself, so am OK with him leaving MW. Also not a fan of Hana and the actress. I still miss Clinton Skye though.

Am glad Jess’ personal drama/cliffhanger was quickly wrapped up, thank you! Hope the show will tone down on his love life and personal drama this season. Less Tali is good!

No opinion yet re the new agent Kristin Gaines.

The “Epstein” case was lame and predictable. Watching the entire crossover is tiring. Looking forward to the usual weekly, stand-alone case.

• Love 2
On 9/23/2021 at 1:52 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Am glad Jess’ personal drama/cliffhanger was quickly wrapped up, thank you! Hope the show will tone down on his love life and personal drama this season. Less Tali is good!

What happened to the cliffhanger?  I think I missed the beginning of Most Wanted of this crossover.  Who got shot or died? 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Sarah’s abusive ex died in the finale shootout. Both Jess and Kenny have been cleared.

And that was all that was said in the episode.  I was not interested in Sarah’s personal life, but it was really anticlimactic to handle it that way.  Also we did not hear Sarah, Clinton  or Talli’s name mentioned in the entire three hours 

• Love 3

It was ok.  I do kinda like the intertwining of the three shows, though I’m a little confused on a couple of characters.  

To me, it appears that LaCroix is having some health issues.  His body movement seems limited. Almost like he’s in pain.  He had back surgery a while ago. I wonder if that’s it. He’s only in his early 50’s.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe

I don't know the show barely watching the mothership but the crossover and  being early out on the TV season drew me in. 

LaCroix seemed like a good boss showing extra concern that the two outsiders with his team were linked up and taken care of. The odd part was watching the hitman on the train, he is trying to hide and escape but here only him and the chasing agents were unmasked while the NPC's on the train were.

The ex Mossad who killed what 5 police in America and a couple more in Europe and little girls on orders was just a foul concept.  Sure there are hired killers and mercenaries out there but teams of sociopaths never rings true with me. 

• Love 1

S03.E02: Patriots

Airing tonight, September 28, 2021:

New Fugitive Task Force member Kristin Gaines joins Jess and the team, as they head to DC to find a fugitive from the Jan. 6th Capitol 'riot'.

Considering the topic, please be sure to stick to what occurs on the episode only. Thanks!

I had never seen the new actress before. I thought she did a good job in the first episode and look forward to her joining the team. I do hope that Hana returns ASAP. Moreover, it would be nice to get even a throwaway line about Clinton. 

• Love 1

Pretty good episode, I liked how the team got involved and I liked how the identity of the perp wasn’t known from the start, it had a good investigation and it was intense, while I do think they’ve gone to the well of white supremacist extremist terrorism quite a few times, it is a relevant threat and this was a timely episode.

I did wonder about a few things - first, why didn’t they look into the family of the woman who’s transit pass or whatever was used? If they had, they would’ve known her brother was the killer sooner. Also, when they realized there was someone on the inside leaking information, how did they immediately know who it was? I couldn’t figure that out.

There were a few odd things about the episode - new agent Kristin starts acting like she’s the boss and giving orders and Jess doesn’t even say anything. And did anyone notice how Kristin called Barnes by her first name? No one ever uses Barnes’ first name, not even LaCroix.

And more Jess family drama, blah. I don’t give a shit about Tali getting in trouble at school, or about Jess’ girlfriend. Just soapy dreck. And where have LaCroix’s in laws vanished too? They haven’t been seen or mentioned in ages!! It’s their house and apparently they are never there!! And of course no mention of Clinton, will they ever explain where he’s at?

So while I thought the case was pretty good I was annoyed by the LaCroix family drama.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, LisaM said:

I had never seen the new actress before. I thought she did a good job in the first episode and look forward to her joining the team. I do hope that Hana returns ASAP. Moreover, it would be nice to get even a throwaway line about Clinton. 

Alexa Davalos. She was amazing in the main cast of "The Man in the High Castle" SciFi series.

7 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

There were a few odd things about the episode - new agent Kristin starts acting like she’s the boss and giving orders and Jess doesn’t even say anything.

But they clearly noticed and looked at each other and even commented on it, so I expect it will be elaborated/explained in future episodes.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Why do I feel like LaCroix’s girlfriend is going to get killed or abducted?  He seems to have zero attraction or affection for her.  

Yes, that was a weird scene. And what's up with the attitude of the young daughter. I can foresee that becoming a big pain in the ass story arc.

• Love 4
On 9/28/2021 at 5:02 AM, WendyCR72 said:

S03.E02: Patriots Airing tonight, September 28, 2021:

New Fugitive Task Force member Kristin Gaines joins Jess and the team, as they head to DC to find a fugitive from the Jan. 6th Capitol 'riot'.

Considering the topic, please be sure to stick to what occurs on the episode only. Thanks!

I've never watched this show before, but turned on the TV and saw the plot and thought: Okay. I'll watch.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I've never watched this show before, but turned on the TV and saw the plot and thought: Okay. I'll watch.

Nice, did you like what you saw? It’s a good 10:00pm show. The writers like to focus on actual recent events, especially involving far-right fugitives.

Something is telling me Sarah is not going to be around much longer. I think last season’s finale still haunts Tali, with her being all bitchy & rebellious. Idk, we’ll see. Overall good episode. Ortiz is the shit

• Useful 1

Where are Nelson & Marilou? Are they taking extended vacation etc? Sarah should pack her bags and leave. There’s no love there for her. She should not waste her time cooking/cleaning/babysitting that rude kid for Jess. Let Jess worry about all that without the usual help from his in-laws.

What’s with the attitude, Kristin? I miss Clinton more than ever now, I really do! 😩

• Love 3
11 hours ago, preeya said:

Yes, that was a weird scene. And what's up with the attitude of the young daughter. I can foresee that becoming a big pain in the ass story arc.

Besides which, Talli is not old enough to be in high school. She was said to be 8 when the series started.  The actress may have had a growth spurt, but she  didn’t jump ages.  
Where are Talli’s  grandparents?  Why are they allowing Jess to live there and order rugs for the living room?  They would never be gone if Talli was in crisis.  No mention of Clinton either. 

I don’t like the new team member, I barely like the two existing  members.  Hope Hana comes back soon. 

I wasn’t ready  for this episode 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

I agree with everyone about how bizarre it is that Nelson and Marilou (LaCroix’s in laws/Tali’s grandparents) haven’t been seen or heard from since early last season. Towards the end of last season it was said that they were on vacation, but it’s been months, a shooting has taken place at their house and still no word about them. Really strange. And will they ever mention Clinton again? I miss him. I hope Hana returns next episode, I miss Clinton and Kenny, I do like Ortiz but Kristin was annoying me in this one acting like she was the boss.

• Love 2
On 9/29/2021 at 6:11 AM, meira.hand said:

Alexa Davalos. She was amazing in the main cast of "The Man in the High Castle" SciFi series.

Yes, loved her in that show.  I think she's a great addition to the show and I like that she's not necessarily sliding into her new role without a few bumps along the way.  When you start a job in new place it takes awhile to get the lay of the land, so to speak.  Plus, it never hurts to have a another smart, savvy woman around.  

I can't say I have any interest in LaCroix's in-laws.  I've never been much interested in his home life, period.  I will miss Clinton and Kenny though.  I'm not sure what went down with Nathaniel Arcand's exit from the show but I know that Kellan Lutz chose to leave for family reasons and. well, the show (and the team) have to go on.  

• Love 5
On 9/29/2021 at 9:14 AM, preeya said:

She seems to have had a personality transplant. I hope it's handled as trauma from the shooting or ship her back to the grans 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, crowsworks said:
On 9/29/2021 at 8:14 AM, preeya said:

She seems to have had a personality transplant. I hope it's handled as trauma from the shooting or ship her back to the grans 

Any day now, Tali is going to get kidnapped.  Ugh.

LaCroix's girlfriend bores me to tears -- go away.

• Love 3

LaCroix couldn't be that clueless to miss the insult to Sarah, could he?  He stood there dumbfounded that she was upset about the vaping suspension, and didn't even react to the 'Nobody asked you' remark.  Time for a long run.  Down to the motel.

• LOL 1

This season is disappointing. They have lost half their cast in two years. What is up with Gaines? She is rude and sounds like she has permanent laryngitis.  Tali is so obnoxious, I can’t even watch her anymore.  I used to love her.  The girlfriend is pushy, although that isn’t her fault. She was dumped into an impossible situation.  Right wing crazies have been overdone.  I’m so bored with this show. All they need is a ransomeware story and they will have hit every possible cliche. I can’t help wondering why so many cast members have quit. Leads don’t usually walk out on a show until  their contracts expire.

• Love 1
On 9/29/2021 at 8:44 PM, mythoughtis said:

Besides which, Talli is not old enough to be in high school. She was said to be 8 when the series started.  The actress may have had a growth spurt, but she  didn’t jump ages.  

Having an Autumn birthday, I entered the 9th grade at age 12. In a rural district, and today’s youth being as “sophisticated” as they are (rolling eyes here), it’s entirely plausible that 8th graders could be included in a high school building. 

On 9/30/2021 at 5:53 PM, MerBearHou said:

LaCroix's girlfriend bores me to tears -- go away.

LaCroix’s character was introduced to us as a “thoughtful” person (I don’t mean considerate). Supposedly, he thinks deeply about the consequences of his decisions. The whole, impulsive choice to jump into that relationship feet-first seemed “off”.  Now, he’s apparently having doubts? Don’t like it at all. Why bother? They should have just left the wise and influential grandparents in place.  I really liked the fact that even though mom was gone, they continued to provide Tali with the valuable cultural influence she couldn’t. I might have even tolerated ONE episode devoted to his disruptive dad. Then, bye-bye, we see you (later, much later). This, combined with the endlessly repetitive plots and loss of interesting characters might just make me bail out. Maybe, just maybe, the Native American actors didn’t like the way they were portrayed in these plots. I wouldn’t blame them. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Daff said:

Having an Autumn birthday, I entered the 9th grade at age 12. In a rural district, and today’s youth being as “sophisticated” as they are (rolling eyes here), it’s entirely plausible that 8th graders could be included in a high school building. 

Not now.  Most districts require age 5 by September 1st for kindergarten.  So she would be in junior high, 7th grade. Yes, it could be attached to a high school building/ but no commingling of classes etc.  Nor would Jess be treating her as if she was a freshman. 

I think we have not seen Tali’s grandparents because the actors are in Canada and the Covid restrictions are causing travel issues.  I also think  Native Americans/ First Nations people are having more medical issues if they get Covid … so they may not be available. But the dialogue could address this rather than they just disappear from their own home. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3