Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

• Start Topic

Everyone's favorite Challengers are back like they never left. The grizzled All-Stars exceeded everyone's expectations and summited the Challenge mountaintop. Now they're reuniting to break down the intensity of today's challenges and battling hangovers after 40. Plus, they'll dish on their favorite behind-the-scenes moments and address every burning question the Challenge superfans need answered. 

Airs June 3rd.

(edited)
9 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

Ugh...  Jisela is exhausting.

5 minutes in and I've yelled "STFU Jisela" twice. Please don't invite her back. 

Also, she was the first person cast? Seriously, why?

Edited by snarts
  • Love 4
(edited)

Alton is totally in a relationship with his baby momma. I loved how Kelly Anne blew up his spot while Jisela tried to act unbothered. And Darrell's laugh said it all.

"Player Alton" lives on. 

Edited by noluvnoluck
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

Ugh...  Jisela is exhausting.

Yes! I had to ff some of her long winded explanations. She just seems like a mean spirited person.  And she seemed proud of that knee brace. 😆

Kind of a boring reunion, would have liked to hear more from Mark or Beth. Less Jisela and Jenmmye.

Also, what was Maria wearing? Yuck. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

..and this reunion was lacking a large part of the cast.

Yes, that was odd...  and never addressed.  Did Paramount/MTV not want to pay the whole cast to attend the reunion?  It can't have been COVID, because they could have had people on Zoom -- they've done that for some of the reunions for the regular Challenge seasons.  

I would have like to have heard from Trishelle and Katie... they were talked about after all.  And Kendal.  And Aneesa and Ruthie -- heck, they were in the Final Challenge, but don't merit the reunion...?  I would have liked to have seen Alton on the hot seat.  And, what was that about him not being in a position to "court" Jisela (her words).  It seems ridiculous talk about courting like you're the Duggars or Bates when you've already hooked up on a Challenge.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

Yes, that was odd...  and never addressed.  Did Paramount/MTV not want to pay the whole cast to attend the reunion?  It can't have been COVID, because they could have had people on Zoom -- they've done that for some of the reunions for the regular Challenge seasons.  

I would have like to have heard from Trishelle and Katie... they were talked about after all.  And Kendal.  And Aneesa and Ruthie -- heck, they were in the Final Challenge, but don't merit the reunion...?  I would have liked to have seen Alton on the hot seat.  And, what was that about him not being in a position to "court" Jisela (her words).  It seems ridiculous talk about courting like you're the Duggars or Bates when you've already hooked up on a Challenge.  

Her saying court did take me to the Duggars in my mind, and I was surprised she said it! I don't think I have ever heard anyone in real life say that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Decent postscript to a good season. I know some people there grated, but we didn't have dick-measuring fights and chest thumping. Good vibes for the most part. I don't think that'll happen if there's a second edition. Even if the players there are chill, MTV would sneak in and feed them PCP without them being aware.

Anyone else think Arissa was done dirty? From what I understand, a big part of her departure stemmed from the others using her stuff to cook food with gluten, which she's allergic to. I don't think she'd have the same reaction that I had the last time I ended up going to the E/R for that, but I understand why she'd be pissed off. Watching others joke about her being a witch was a bit harsh for me.

Jisela tore her ACL in that last Arena? Damn. What would've happened if she and Derrick advanced, and she wound up dropping out immediately? Would her partner in that leg immediately get boned? Knowing BMP, that probably would have been the case.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

I would have like to have heard from Trishelle and Katie... they were talked about after all.  And Kendal.  And Aneesa and Ruthie -- heck, they were in the Final Challenge, but don't merit the reunion...?  I would have liked to have seen Alton on the hot seat.  

I would say Trishelle definitely declined participation. Probably the same for Kendal and Katie. I was stunned Aneesa wasn't there since she's always everywhere lol but maybe she had another commitment. Same perhaps for Ruthie.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was stunned Aneesa wasn't there since she's always everywhere lol but maybe she had another commitment.

Aneesa's likely filming another Challenge.

• LOL 2

I didn't like Jisela back in the day, but I couldn't remember why, and I tried to mostly start fresh with this group since they've all hopefully done a lot of growing up since I last saw them.  I didn't like Jisela during the season, but I LOATHED her during this reunion.  She definitely thought she was the belle of the ball, and I'm not even buying her leg injury.  Sorry/not sorry.  She just seemed WAY too pleased to show off the brace, and I'll fully admit I don't know about these types of injuries, but it seemed like she went from hurt in the arena, to completely fine for the remainder of the season.

I also despised the way she was all too thrilled to let Jemmye cosign why she was upset with Aneesa, but then when Derrick tried to say something Jisela flipped her fucking shit that he had no right to comment on her relationship.  Hypocrite.

Was she really the first call for this season??  Serious talk: WHY?  Even though I really don't like her at this point, I just don't see where her resume makes her the number one call.  

And finally, her smugness that she didn't "coast" to the finals.  OK, first, the idea that people have to go into the arena in order for their place in the "count"?  Hard pass.  I'm not going to risk going home just to get your stupid approval.  Jemmye is not wrong about that.  Yes's win counts every bit as much and his money spends just as well as if he had gone into every elimination.  And A) Jisela didn't exactly volunteer to go in so she could "prove" herself, and B) she DIDN'T prove herself.  She did nothing.  Eric did all the work while she...coasted.  That's right, I said it.

In other news, Jonna is just lovely.  I've had a soft spot for her since Zach did her so dirty, not only by ghosting out of a serious, live-in relationship, but then to be forced to watch the beginning of him with Jenna.  It just squeezed my heart for her, and I'm really glad to see who she has become.  It's easy to see she is a far better person than her ex.

What the actual fuck was the host wearing?  A one puffy sleeved demin business length shorts pants suit?  I...no.  Just, no.

• Love 8

Kendall said on Twitter she was not invited to the reunion.  It seemed like they only invited the people who made the final.

Jisela's ego is off the charts.  I mean all of these people are narcissists to some degree or they wouldn't be there but she definitely stood out.  She has no grounds to talk about coasting.  I still haven't forgotten she quit in her elimination and got called out by TJ.  She can shut up about people playing smart and avoiding eliminations. You are supposed to do that.  If you don't it is because you failed.

Derrick annoyed me too with his ranting at the end. We get it, you are competitive.  However he is never winning an individual final or a pairs final unless he is paired with an elite partner who can do math and puzzles.  

• Love 5

I didn't like Jemmye all season but I do agree with her saying she won't apologize for working smarter, not harder. Darrell (a fan favorite and one of my favorites too) also said earlier on that this game is way more mental than it is physical. Jisela can keep her mouth shut about who coasted and who didn't. She can't try to passive-aggressively call out people for not going into an elimination (why does she seem like she is one of the only people who dislikes/resents Yes?) and then being smiling and agreeing with how Jemmye worked smartly to not go in. Ugh!

I agree with everyone that there was too much Jisela. Which makes me so bummed because she does have some really funny one-liners, but damn, she needs to let someone else speak sometimes too! And I was happy that when everyone kinda started running with the "Arissa is a witch" jokes she did try to reel someone in by saying not to make fun of her religion in the situation. I was like "Yeah, okay, you're still a decent person!" And then a minute later when the flickered the studio lights Jisela was right back with everyone making fun. And then the middle school drama of who's her friend and who betrayed her. Exhausting. She needs to chill out a lot.

The throws to commercial breaks were so awkward in a streaming show that doesn't have commercial breaks, lol.

I would have liked to hear more from Mark about getting this show going and from everyone about their decision to come back. That goes for the show overall - they barely touched on all this history in this show and I would have loved to see some of how it came together, how people prepared to compete again, reminders of the history everyone has with each other, etc. Still really enjoyed it overall!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, lasu said:

I'm not even buying her leg injury.  Sorry/not sorry.  She just seemed WAY too pleased to show off the brace, and I'll fully admit I don't know about these types of injuries, but it seemed like she went from hurt in the arena, to completely fine for the remainder of the season.

THANK YOU!

2 hours ago, shantown said:

The throws to commercial breaks were so awkward in a streaming show that doesn't have commercial breaks, lol.

I find it annoying as well but there is a tier of Paramount+ that has ads so it makes sense.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I find it annoying as well but there is a tier of Paramount+ that has ads so it makes sense.

Ahh, thank you! I was wondering about why they would do that!

I might have to watch again and try to figure out the actual order things happened in based on when Derrick’s footprints appear and disappear in the sand logo at the front of the stage!

• LOL 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, shantown said:

Well, Paramount+ offers a lower priced plan that includes ads. I assume the app inserts ads they throw it to commercials.

ETA Didn't realize this had been addressed already. Never mind, back to regularly scheduled programming lol 😁

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, shantown said:

Derrick’s footprints appear and disappear in the sand logo at the front of the stage!

Seeing the footprints in the sand oddly annoyed me. My eyes kept going back to the footprints.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I never even noticed these footprints lol.

Me either. I just watched this last night and I don’t even remember the sand logo. My observation skills suck.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 11:50 AM, lasu said:

I didn't like Jisela back in the day, but I couldn't remember why, and I tried to mostly start fresh with this group since they've all hopefully done a lot of growing up since I last saw them.  I didn't like Jisela during the season, but I LOATHED her during this reunion.  She definitely thought she was the belle of the ball, and I'm not even buying her leg injury.  Sorry/not sorry.  She just seemed WAY too pleased to show off the brace, and I'll fully admit I don't know about these types of injuries, but it seemed like she went from hurt in the arena, to completely fine for the remainder of the season.

I keep coming back to Timmy's quote from years ago about Jisela..."was she getting paid per syllable??" Seriously, did she have the floor 90% of the time in this reunion or what? Her storyline was just not that interesting.

And agreed about her injury. She was spouting off her list of injuries in the most dramatic way possible, but it's possible to walk around on a torn ACL and meniscus and if she fractured her patella just dropping to the ground like that, she needs to do some work on her leg muscles before attempting a challenge like this.

Also, she was shown jumping up and down in celebration just after they won that elimination round plus she participated in the beginning of the final challenge, so something doesn't add up.

I also despised the way she was all too thrilled to let Jemmye cosign why she was upset with Aneesa, but then when Derrick tried to say something Jisela flipped her fucking shit that he had no right to comment on her relationship.  Hypocrite.

Was she really the first call for this season??  Serious talk: WHY?  Even though I really don't like her at this point, I just don't see where her resume makes her the number one call.  

And finally, her smugness that she didn't "coast" to the finals.  OK, first, the idea that people have to go into the arena in order for their place in the "count"?  Hard pass.  I'm not going to risk going home just to get your stupid approval.  Jemmye is not wrong about that.  Yes's win counts every bit as much and his money spends just as well as if he had gone into every elimination.  And A) Jisela didn't exactly volunteer to go in so she could "prove" herself, and B) she DIDN'T prove herself.  She did nothing.  Eric did all the work while she...coasted.  That's right, I said it.

In other words, her poor performance in a challenge landing her in last place, forcing her into the elimination is a badge of honor...somehow. Jisela can twist anything around to make it sound like her way is the "right" way. Had she not been forced in, would she have felt it her duty to call herself in just to make sure she didn't "coast"? Hell no. She'd have been right there with Jemmye on the "work smarter, not harder" train.

Also, in this particular season, where half the final group hadn't gone into elimination, it's an especially weak attempt to shame those who hadn't had to go in.

And yeah, of all the eliminations of the season, Jisela's was not one to celebrate as a hard-fought victory. She and Kendal wound up not even participating in half the elimination, it was such a poorly constructed challenge for 2 people to be participating in.

Kendall said on Twitter she was not invited to the reunion.  It seemed like they only invited the people who made the final.

That doesn't explain why Beth was there though, she didn't make the finals.

Jemmye is annoying to me as well. 

Can someone please sit this girl down in front of a makeup tutorial and teach her how to properly apply whatever contouring shit she's trying to wear? Cause it looks like she's making herself up to the play the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz or something with the gold paint look. It's not cute.

Overall, it was kind of a disappointing reunion. WAY too much Jisela and way too little of anything truly revealing or interesting.

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 5
(edited)

Beth will be invited to everything as she has that status. She is one of the original OGs and one of the most important cast members in challenge history whether she is liked or not. Kendal does not the same status despite being a fan favorite.   

Alton wasn't invited either.  Production is not a fan of his apparently. He is a diva going back to his original seasons according to insiders on spoiler sites.

Oh and Jisela is apparently friends with some higher up in production or at MTV which maybe why her sense of entitlement is sky high and why she is featured so much.  

Edited by Unclejosh
On 6/7/2021 at 1:37 PM, Unclejosh said:

Alton wasn't invited either.  Production is not a fan of his apparently. He is a diva going back to his original seasons according to insiders on spoiler sites.

I distinctly remember that he and Irulan were very disliked by the Road Rules team during the first Gauntlet. I will never forget Theo screaming,”GO HOME!!” after Sarah beat Irulan. Some Road Rulers said Alton and Irulan were incredibly rude to the crew and had diva behavior. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, LadyNebula said:

I distinctly remember that he and Irulan were very disliked by the Road Rules team during the first Gauntlet. I will never forget Theo screaming,”GO HOME!!” after Sarah beat Irulan. Some Road Rulers said Alton and Irulan were incredibly rude to the crew and had diva behavior. 

I don’t know with certainty but that seems to have softened now.

I was shocked to hear Jisella say that she's still no longer friends with Aneesa. When the hosts asked that question, I said out loud to myself, "Of course, they've resolved it!" But obviously I didn't realize what a self-righteous wench Jisella actually is. And it's clear she's enjoying her re-entry into the spotlight a bit too much. Who wants to place bets on how long it will take her to lose some weight and get herself cast on an actual Challenge season as an OG? I'd say in 2 seasons from now.

I get that they may not have wanted to have everyone on stage during the reunion, but they could have at least offered folks to pop in via zoom or something. I really wanted to hear from Katie about her experience.

50 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I was shocked to hear Jisella say that she's still no longer friends with Aneesa

On the Challenge podcast, Aneesa says her and Jisela talk regularly and are really good friends… and by the time that podcast episode was released, they had already filmed the season.

I think Jisela might just be acting a “little” over-dramatic on camera.

Big Easy has way too much swagger for someone who not only let down his whole team during that infamous near-death scene but also FLAT OUT QUIT one season, leaving Camila high and dry and out for blood in the middle of an elimination.  Camila was sent home, robbed of her chance at winning, because Big Easy QUIT.

Eric "Big Easy" Banks has the dubious distinction of being one of the only Challenge contestants to prematurely leave the show twice, and the only to withdraw during an elimination. The first time came when he was medically disqualified after collapsing from dehydration in Fresh Meat (2006). The second came when he flat-out quit the show during Battle of the Seasons (2012), leaving his partner Camila irate.

After refusing to participate in the grueling challenges any longer, Camila lashed out with a memorable onslaught of verbal obscenities that all but ended their friendship.

https://screenrant.com/challenge-contestants-quit-middle-season/

Big Eric's greatest effort in The Challenge is the way he's constantly trying to steer his narrative, i.e., his exploitation of Aneesa in this final, which is probably why he keeps referring back to his famous fish-out-of-water impersonation, like it was something that happened beyond his control.   Notice he never hearkens back to his famous quitting scene.

21 hours ago, millennium said:

Big Easy has way too much swagger for someone who not only let down his whole team during that infamous near-death scene but also FLAT OUT QUIT one season, leaving Camila high and dry and out for blood in the middle of an elimination.  Camila was sent home, robbed of her chance at winning, because Big Easy QUIT.

Big Eric's greatest effort in The Challenge is the way he's constantly trying to steer his narrative, i.e., his exploitation of Aneesa in this final, which is probably why he keeps referring back to his famous fish-out-of-water impersonation, like it was something that happened beyond his control.   Notice he never hearkens back to his famous quitting scene.

I think at least some of this has to do with the show wanting us to forget that Camilla ever existed, and flashing back to the quitting scene would have gone against that narrative. 

3 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

I think at least some of this has to do with the show wanting us to forget that Camilla ever existed, and flashing back to the quitting scene would have gone against that narrative. 

I would say it’s more so to paint him in a redeeming light. His last season and episode of show that he was ever on, he quit on his partner (being Camila). The goal is to focus on Big E and put the spotlight on him, regardless of Camila’s status in MTV land and the Challenge universe.

3 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

I know Camila had an offscreen incident leading to her suspension from The Challenge but I never thought she did anything so horrible on air that she deserves to be disappeared by the network.   If I recall, Camila's name was the answer in a recent trivia challenge.   I doubt they would have done that if BMP were out to erase her.