Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

I have no personal knowledge of Wendy Feldman and just looked into her today.  A defense attorney will be by your side through sentencing.  Period.  Andy Cohen asked Teresa about her conversation with her attorneys after sentencing and she told them she didn't have one.  They were done.    Unless you retain them (again) to appeal your case, they have nothing to do with your imprisonment.  Once a person is sentenced, they are the responsibility of the Board of Prisons (Federal) or the Department of Corrections (State).

This is not true. Defense attorneys are perfectly capable of handling matters beyond sentencing, and do so all the time. But for a fee, of course. You're also kinda twisting what Andy and Teresa talked about in regard to her lawyers. Teresa started by saying she didn't understand the plea agreement, and she was shocked at her sentence, and shocked to hear about the incomplete financial disclosure forms, and shocked that her lawyers didn't fight harder for probation. Basically blaming her lawyers for everything. So Andy naturally thought she'd be upset at her lawyers for dropping the ball, and asked her what that conversation was like. She said they didn't talk, as the hearing was over. Remember, her "I blame my lawyers" story was all bullshit, so she just said she didn't talk to them to avoid Andy's question. That's a far cry from "no longer having a lawyer."

• Love 1

I thought Teresa keeps talking about Joe's drinking in order to get a lighter sentence for herself.  Like Joe is such a mess, her girls need her at home. Sympathy card for the kids. I think Teresa is trying to save her own ass. 

I do get what you all said about the court not dealing with custody issues etc.  That belongs in family court and no one will do a thing until something bad happens. Unfortunately. 

It just feels so wrong because it seems like a potential train wreck with red flags waving all over. 

I hope Joe accepts help from his family and is not an angry belligerent drunk.  You know the type...we all know the type. 

I thought Teresa keeps talking about Joe's drinking in order to get a lighter sentence for herself.  Like Joe is such a mess, her girls need her at home. Sympathy card for the kids. I think Teresa is trying to save her own ass. 

Do you mean at the hearing, or in post-sentencing interviews? (Although that ship has sailed). Because at the hearing, Joe's lawyers only discussed his alcoholism in regard to his sentence, and Teresa's lawyers, when making a plea for leniency, never raised the topic. Separate lawyers, separate arguments.

• Love 1

A defense attorney will be by your side through sentencing. Period. Andy Cohen asked Teresa about her conversation with her attorneys after sentencing and she told them she didn't have one. They were done. Unless you retain them (again) to appeal your case, they have nothing to do with your imprisonment. Once a person is sentenced, they are the responsibility of the Board of Prisons (Federal) or the Department of Corrections (State) and not the Judge. I doubt there are any sitting judges who would change their rulings - that's what appeals are for. In Teresa's case, her plea agreement states that she cannot appeal. Alternative sentencing (like a half-way house or rehab) is usually something given to drug offenders after a period of time in prison to help them with re-entry into society so I have no idea why Teresa or her attorney thought she would qualify. Sometimes a first time drug offender will be sentenced to rehab instead of prison.

ETA: The letters written to Judge Salas on Teresa's behalf were written by her new attorney. She fired the previous attorney.

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/10/21/teresa-giudice-attempts-convince-judge-give-house-arrest-hires-new-attorney/

Theresa isn't writing the judge personally asking for a half way house. She has a lawyer somewhere doing it for her. An attorney typically doesn't just walk away from court never to be heard from again unless both sides are done with each other, which it sounds like was the case here. She was done with one and found another.

ETA: we must've been posting simultaneously

Edited by hottesthw

This is not true. Defense attorneys are perfectly capable of handling matters beyond sentencing, and do so all the time. But for a fee, of course. You're also kinda twisting what Andy and Teresa talked about in regard to her lawyers. Teresa started by saying she didn't understand the plea agreement, and she was shocked at her sentence, and shocked to hear about the incomplete financial disclosure forms, and shocked that her lawyers didn't fight harder for probation. Basically blaming her lawyers for everything. So Andy naturally thought she'd be upset at her lawyers for dropping the ball, and asked her what that conversation was like. She said they didn't talk, as the hearing was over. Remember, her "I blame my lawyers" story was all bullshit, so she just said she didn't talk to them to avoid Andy's question. That's a far cry from "no longer having a lawyer."

Perhaps I don't have a clear recollection of the Andy/Teresa conversation about the attorneys.  My memory isn't what it used to be.  In either case, her attorneys were fired and she hired a new one.  I have no idea how she'll pay them but she has a new attorney now.

However, I stand by my statement that writing to the Judge is a waste of time.

Perhaps I don't have a clear recollection of the Andy/Teresa conversation about the attorneys.  My memory isn't what it used to be.  In either case, her attorneys were fired and she hired a new one.  I have no idea how she'll pay them but she has a new attorney now.

I'm embarrassed to admit I watched the interview more than once (I found it fascinating), and I feel like, at this point, I can cut through Teresa's bullshit so easily. And yes, hiring this new attorney is a new development. Maybe she truly thought they failed her when the judge gave her prison time, or more likely, they dropped her when she disparaged them the way she did. Or maybe she stopped paying them. Always a possibility with the Giudices. But in any event, notice it's a lawyer writing a letter to the Court (or the BOP), not a legal "coach" consultant-for-hire.

Pretty sure the bus goes to the No-Tell Motel.   

But the bus probably doesn't go near the apartment where the goomar and "alleged" kid live. The bus also doesn't allow him the flexibility of sneaking out and in like a thief in the night. 

With 4 girls you are going to need to be able to drive in order to actually be taking care of them. Someone else can help out, but that is a huge burden to put on someone else. He is going to need a lot of help to keep things going. Dare I say he might even ask Melissa for help? That is something I would like to see Bravo film.

FIlomena (his mom) will move in and become primary care giver for those girls. Since she's on the verge of losing her house, it's like killing two birds with one stone. 

Resentment's a festering thing, though. If these two stay together, I don't how they can manage to avoid resenting each other for everything that's gone on. Esp. Joe for taking most of the blame. I bet his family must resent Teresa, too. I foresee a big implosion.

To be completely honest, I think that Joe started resenting Tre a while ago (remember the nasty way he referred to her while on the phone a season or two ago) and it has gotten progressively worse. I picked up on that a few seasons ago when he was always either sleeping, drinking or grunting under his breath. The weight of what was about to come down the pipes started weighing on him at least two seasons ago and, all the while, Tre was fluttering about, flossing and demanding more (ie. jewelry for her birthday). 

Something tells me that you can cut the tension in that house with a knife. Once Joe goes in, Tre will go back to showboating and her blase' attitude will cause Juicy's family to turn on her. 

• Love 4

I'm embarrassed to admit I watched the interview more than once (I found it fascinating), and I feel like, at this point, I can cut through Teresa's bullshit so easily. And yes, hiring this new attorney is a new development. Maybe she truly thought they failed her when the judge gave her prison time, or more likely, they dropped her when she disparaged them the way she did. Or maybe she stopped paying them. Always a possibility with the Giudices. But in any event, notice it's a lawyer writing a letter to the Court (or the BOP), not a legal "coach" consultant-for-hire.

I agree with you.  It was fascinating to watch.

Wendy Feldman gave an interview to The Wrap today.

From what I read a few days ago, this new attorney is a divorce attorney.  Then again, what we read in the tabloids and on entertainment websites is often misleading, inaccurate or just plain BS.  

I did just see a follow-up statement Wendy Feldman gave to The Wrap today in which she says the letter was filled with "inaccuracies and information that was blatantly false."  I can't speak for Ms. Feldman's credentials but apparently this is her specialty.  CBS did call her the "real Olivia Pope."  I have to question whether a divorce attorney (if that's true) would be as familiar with this system as she is.

http://www.thewrap.com/teresa-giudices-ex-crisis-manager-on-real-housewives-star-going-rogue-its-federal-prison-not-a-hotel/

“My statements Monday were based on the filing made yesterday. The full letter to U.S. District Court Judge Esther Salas was written by Teresa's new attorney, whom I have never spoken to or met.

The filing was filled with inaccuracies and information that was blatantly false.

Therefore, I had no choice to make the decision that I did. Today we find out the prosecution has responded in voluminous written form and they seem to agree exactly with what I was saying yesterday.

They have the luxury to respond to Judge Salas, I have no such luxury.

At the end of the day, my job and anybody who works for a defendant has a similar job to someone who works for the government in that we must respect our federal court systems. It is one of the most fair and most unique systems in the world, and therefore we treat it with respect. Clients who don't do not understand have to learn a different way of how this process works.

Unfortunately, I worked with Teresa for months and months and months, teaching her to respect the system and the judge and the process, but it went on deaf ears. So, when that letter was filed yesterday, to me that was the final straw in what had already been a shaky relationship. You can't expect people to do everything for you. From writing the speeches in court, to being upset because you didn't get the result you want although you made a plea agreement for 27 months — what were you expecting? Lets be real.

This is real life, the stakes are high and this isn't a television network where you can stomp your feet and get your way. This is federal prison, this is not a hotel.

I said yesterday that a camp designation is a gift, it is not a guarantee. And it is not guaranteed.

Despite what a lot of people on Twitter and in the social media world say, a fact is a fact and when you work in the system — especially people who have worked with me — situations like this are very, very unfortunate. I know for me and most people in the system, they put their heart and soul in a case. When a client goes rogue, it's really really devastating. Because you pour so much energy and time into it, and nobody wants it to happen.

I don't take any glee in this, I don't take this lightly. It's very very sad.”

Edited by AnnA

Is she serious? That is so fucking unprofessional. Which is what I've been saying in every post about this nutcase. She's not a professional! She's a fraud who entices people to pay her for specialized "services" that she can provide based on her vast experience as a FELON!

And no, she is not the "real-life Olivia Pope." You took that from her own press release!

• Love 3

Is she serious? That is so fucking unprofessional. Which is what I've been saying in every post about this nutcase. She's not a professional! She's a fraud who entices people to pay her for specialized "services" that she can provide based on her vast experience as a FELON!

And no, she is not the "real-life Olivia Pope." You took that from her own press release!

Aren't they all totally unprofessional? And that includes her new attorney for releasing the context of the letter she wrote to the Judge.

Allegedly the "Olivia Pope" comparison was made on CBS's The Insider.......probably during a segment about Teresa.

Edited by AnnA

Professional or not, I agree with Feldman's assessment. Teresa the felon has YET to truly accept her sentence. Part of her plea bargain included a stipulation about no appeal or petition the court, yet here she is trying to wrangle her way out of serving time in federal prison. If *I* find it extremely infuriating as a casual viewer, I can only imagine how vexed Feldman must be at her client.

Teresa needs to grow the fuck up and accept her lumps in life. It's high time the piper was paid. 

• Love 6

Professional or not, I agree with Feldman's assessment. Teresa the felon has YET to truly accept her sentence. Part of her plea bargain included a stipulation about no appeal or petition the court, yet here she is trying to wrangle her way out of serving time in federal prison. If *I* find it extremely infuriating as a casual viewer, I can only imagine how vexed Feldman must be at her client.

Teresa needs to grow the fuck up and accept her lumps in life. It's high time the piper was paid.

For all I know, Feldman could be a snake in the grass but she's not wrong! I don't know what confidentiality arrangement was made between Teresa and Wendy but I do know that attorney- client privilege is a serious matter. Teresa's new attorney could NOT have released that letter without Teresa's permission or face disbarment. To me that means it's another Teresa ploy for sympathy.

• Love 3

For all I know, Feldman could be a snake in the grass but she's not wrong! I don't know what confidentiality arrangement was made between Teresa and Wendy but I do know that attorney- client privilege is a serious matter. Teresa's new attorney could NOT have released that letter without Teresa's permission or face disbarment. To me that means it's another Teresa ploy for sympathy.

Where is the letter published at? I saw an article that stated some website "obtained it" but where did it come from? Did her lawyer send it to the tabloids? The only thing I read sounded like Wendy was copied on it and released bits and pieces herself.

Do you mean at the hearing, or in post-sentencing interviews? (Although that ship has sailed). Because at the hearing, Joe's lawyers only discussed his alcoholism in regard to his sentence, and Teresa's lawyers, when making a plea for leniency, never raised the topic. Separate lawyers, separate arguments.

I thought it was discussed at Teresa's trial but I know that you know way more than me about the specifics so if you say it was just used for Joe, then I believe ya!

I figured she was trying to get sympathy....boohooing about her husband's addiction. 

Teresa has talked about his drinking in every interview and the promo for the reunion she says "joe is drinking more now".

Why does she keep saying this? Does it benefit her somehow to keep announcing Joe has alcohol problems? Is she hoping for something?  

Lotusflower, can Teresa file an appeal?  

Where is the letter published at? I saw an article that stated some website "obtained it" but where did it come from? Did her lawyer send it to the tabloids? The only thing I read sounded like Wendy was copied on it and released bits and pieces herself.

The full letter is on Radar Online. I'm on my iPad now with a sleeping kitten on my lap or I'd find and post the link for you.

hottesthw............The aforementioned kitten is no longer sleeping on my lap.

She's now ripping up a piece of paper that fell on the floor.

Here's the link to the attorney's letter:

https://amradaronline.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/teresa_giudice-signed.pdf

Wendy Feldman is not an attorney. She is a legal coach and crisis management "expert". Heh.

Whether we like it or not, they do provide a service.  An attorney can't advise you to say something that is not true (aka lie) about anything but a "crisis" expert can not only do that but teach you to do it well. 

Edited by AnnA

I thought it was discussed at Teresa's trial but I know that you know way more than me about the specifics so if you say it was just used for Joe, then I believe ya!

I figured she was trying to get sympathy....boohooing about her husband's addiction. 

Teresa has talked about his drinking in every interview and the promo for the reunion she says "joe is drinking more now".

Why does she keep saying this? Does it benefit her somehow to keep announcing Joe has alcohol problems? Is she hoping for something?  

Lotusflower, can Teresa file an appeal?

No, she can't file an appeal. That was part of the plea agreement. The gov't. agreed to drop approx. 36 charges in exchange for Teresa and Joe pleading guilty to 4 charges, 5 for Joe, and accepting the judge's sentences.

Also, Teresa didn't have a trial - she and Joe pled guilty in March, and then had a joint hearing to address the Court and hear their sentences. At one point during the proceedings, Teresa's lawyer did do a whole dog-and-pony show about how pitiful Teresa's life was as a way to ask the judge for mercy (probation or house arrest vs. prison), but this didn't include Jie's drinking problem.

I think the only reason you've seen talk about the drinking is because it came out at the hearing, and Andy asked about it in his interview. But it's not like this is a revelation. The guy has a DUI on his record, not to mention other drinking incidences.

• Love 1

Whether we like it or not, they do provide a service.  An attorney can't advise you to say something that is not true (aka lie) about anything but a "crisis" expert can not only do that but teach you to do it well.

Just amused by this dog and pony show.

Aren't they all totally unprofessional? And that includes her new attorney for releasing the context of the letter she wrote to the Judge.

No, her lawyers were not only professional, but did an exceptional job in getting these two grifters the plea deal they got. And there's no way her new attorney released that letter to Radar Online. No proof, at least.

I agree. Knowing Teresa as we do, I'm sure she was a terrible and uncooperative client. But that's no excuse for this nutcase to "out" her the way she did. Good luck finding new clients, Wendy! Who would hire this loon after seeing what she does to clients who don't go along with her "expert" advice. And pls. know it takes A LOT for me to defend Teresa, but I'm actually angry on her behalf!

Yes. That's called PR.

• Love 2

No, her lawyers were not only professional, but did an exceptional job in getting these two grifters the plea deal they got. And there's no way her new attorney released that letter to Radar Online. No proof, at least.

I agree. Knowing Teresa as we do, I'm sure she was a terrible and uncooperative client. But that's no excuse for this nutcase to "out" her the way she did. Good luck finding new clients, Wendy! Who would hire this loon after seeing what she does to clients who don't go along with her "expert" advice. And pls. know it takes A LOT for me to defend Teresa, but I'm actually angry on her behalf!

As much as I agree with you that Feldman's statement was unprofessional, I think she is trying to get ahead of Teresa blaming her in the press. She has come to see the real Teresa Giudice and her conniving ways. She, Teresa, has already blamed the economy, the tenants, Joe, the banks/mortgage companies, Bravo, her Lawyers, the Judge, the Prosecutors and IMO, Feldman knew she was next. Had she kept quiet and Teresa blamed shoddy/poor advice from Feldman, anything she said in rebuttal would be viewed with a side-eyed look. That could impact her business greatly and for what, the likes of Teresa? I suspect that she knew Teresa was planning to say something about the advice given to her by Feldman and that it was not going to be nice. Teresa has a very bad habit of turning on anyone that does not do as she says, even if it is illegal. or immoral. Again, I think this is a preemptive strike by Feldman to protect herself from something Teresa was or has planned against her. It will be interesting to see if Teresa comes after her legally, like a personal lawsuit, charging Feldman with incompetence.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

Yes. That's called PR.

You're right.  The defense attorneys did a great job getting them that plea.  It's too bad Teresa doesn't think so.  She's still blaming her prison sentence on them.  I would like to know more about how that letter made it to the press too.  Unfortunately, I'm leaning towards it being leaked by Teresa or her new attorney and that's pathetic.

I'm not defending Wendy Feldman and already said that she could be a snake in the grass.  However, I think her reaction and statements were made to protect herself and her reputation by distancing herself from Teresa and that letter to the Judge.  She doesn't want anyone to think she had any part of it and from what I've read online she's right.  The Bureau of Prisons controls where Teresa is sent and the Judge who took her to task in court is not about to reverse herself.   

• Love 1

hottesthw............The aforementioned kitten is no longer sleeping on my lap.

She's now ripping up a piece of paper that fell on the floor.

Here's the link to the attorney's letter:

https://amradaronline.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/teresa_giudice-signed.pdf

Whether we like it or not, they do provide a service. An attorney can't advise you to say something that is not true (aka lie) about anything but a "crisis" expert can not only do that but teach you to do it well.

Much thanks to you and the kitten.

After reading the letter though, first I don't believe her lawyer released that to the tabloids. What purpose would it serve? I do believe that it's possible the Wendy girl did if she was copied on it as it serves as a way of clearing her name of this mess so to speak.

Secondly. IMO,that letter was not a plea for leniency. Anyone can write a letter to the judge or BOP asking for provisions for a prisoner. While the judge has no say in where she ultimately goes, the BOP does heavily weigh the judges advice. It sounds like the first attorney asked for her to be placed close to home which could end her up in a min security prison in NY. The new lawyer wants it cleared up that first and foremost it should be a camp, then the proximity to her home (CT vs WV) come in to play. If it were me as the prisoner I'd want that clarified too. And as far as the half way house, she didn't ask for Theresa to bypass jail for that. She wants it to be recommended that she could eventually go to a hwh. This is common for most first time prisoners at the end of their sentence. A judge recommending it could only help with the possibility of that happening. She's not getting off early in any way. And it's not like she'll spend most of her sentence there. They can certainly ask for it but any lawyer worth their salt knows it's unlikely. A few months at most.

Reading this letter now makes me wonder how stupid Theresa's first lawyer was. This is common sense and should have been made clear in the initial plea.

• Love 3

Say what you like, this Wendy has had an incarceration experience. No attorney, no matter how competent, can speak to that. Attorneys have no experience of an actual incarceration. She is uniquely positioned to provide that advice and her advice seemed clear and accurate to me.

Teresa can live in Cloud Cuckoo Land and people wiill take her money to retail her brand of BS to the court or the prison authorities, but it won't change a thing.

She has several weeks to find her way to reality and I, for one, pray that she does.

• Love 2

As much as I agree with you that Feldman's statement was unprofessional, I think she is trying to get ahead of Teresa blaming her in the press. She has come to see the real Teresa Giudice and her conniving ways. She, Teresa, has already blamed the economy, the tenants, Joe, the banks/mortgage companies, Bravo, her Lawyers, the Judge, the Prosecutors and IMO, Feldman knew she was next. Had she kept quiet and Teresa blamed shoddy/poor advice from Feldman, anything she said in rebuttal would be viewed with a side-eyed look. That could impact her business greatly and for what, the likes of Teresa? I suspect that she knew Teresa was planning to say something about the advice given to her by Feldman and that it was not going to be nice. Teresa has a very bad habit of turning on anyone that does not do as she says, even if it is illegal. or immoral. Again, I think this is a preemptive strike by Feldman to protect herself from something Teresa was or has planned against her. It will be interesting to see if Teresa comes after her legally, like a personal lawsuit, charging Feldman with incompetence.

First of all, why do we know that Teresa even had a PR flack? Because she - Wendy Feldman - told us so. Meaning she only took on this case for her own self-serving purposes. If she feels it backfired, that's her problem, and the risk she took in going public. Secondly, I don't see how she can be blamed for anything. Teresa hasn't even acknowledged her existence. But even still - blamed for what? The entire legal case rested on the job of her lawyers. The plea deal, the arguments at the hearing, everything. Maybe one day in the future, way way way way off in the future, Teresa will write a book and admit all her crimes, and say "I wanted to come clean, but it was my coach Wendy Feldman who advised me to blame Joe." Right. And on that same day, Andy Cohen comes out as straight.

• Love 2

felon teresa's new lawyer specializes in all the things the giudice's were indicted for.

http://www.biancamanolaw.com/practice.html

tax fraud, bank fraud, wire fraud

I love that you posted that link.  Thank you.

She sure covered all her bases on her website.  She also specializes in speeding tickets, DWI, shoplifting, drug offenses, assaults, slip and fall personal injury and my personal favorite...................money laundering.

• Love 1

First of all, why do we know that Teresa even had a PR flack? Because she - Wendy Feldman - told us so. 

I read it three times and didn't see anything in WireWrap's post about a PR flack so I'm assuming you're acknowledging the fact Teresa has/had/is having one.  Wendy Feldman didn't tell us about Teresa's PR problems and we didn't need her to know they exist, it's all over the internet, supermarket tabloids, newspapers and the entertainment TV shows.

Edited by AnnA

I read it three times and didn't see anything in WireWrap's post about a PR flack so I'm assuming you're acknowledging the fact Teresa has/had/is having one.  Wendy Feldman didn't tell us about Teresa's PR problems and we didn't need her to know they exist, it's all over the internet.

I think you misunderstood my post. Wendy Feldman is the PR flack.

You're welcome.

And now because I'm tired and have to work in the morning, I'm going to bed without cleaning up the shredded paper the kitten bestowed upon me.  :)

• Love 1

After reading the letter though, first I don't believe her lawyer released that to the tabloids. What purpose would it serve? I do believe that it's possible the Wendy girl did if she was copied on it as it serves as a way of clearing her name of this mess so to speak.

Secondly. IMO,that letter was not a plea for leniency. Anyone can write a letter to the judge or BOP asking for provisions for a prisoner. While the judge has no say in where she ultimately goes, the BOP does heavily weigh the judges advice. It sounds like the first attorney asked for her to be placed close to home which could end her up in a min security prison in NY. The new lawyer wants it cleared up that first and foremost it should be a camp, then the proximity to her home (CT vs WV) come in to play. If it were me as the prisoner I'd want that clarified too. And as far as the half way house, she didn't ask for Theresa to bypass jail for that. She wants it to be recommended that she could eventually go to a hwh. This is common for most first time prisoners at the end of their sentence. A judge recommending it could only help with the possibility of that happening. She's not getting off early in any way. And it's not like she'll spend most of her sentence there. They can certainly ask for it but any lawyer worth their salt knows it's unlikely. A few months at most.

Reading this letter now makes me wonder how stupid Theresa's first lawyer was. This is common sense and should have been made clear in the initial plea.

I know I read an article, I thought the link was here but I can not find it, that showed the letter written by her new Attorney but also showed the signature of her old Attorney removing himself as Teresa's legal rep. Both were dated the same day. Is it possible that the letter became public because it was filed due to her releasing 1 lawyer and getting a new one? Those things need to be filed as a matter of record don't they, which would make all of this available to the public/press. Just a thought, if that is not the case I suspect Teresa did it to embarrass everyone involved with her plea deal including Feldmen.  

I think Tre's defense lawyers did a great job getting her the deal she got.  I also think that her defense lawyers dropped her, not the other way around, after the case was finalized because they knew they weren't going to get paid all the money due them.  The new lawyer probably took the case for the publicity it would generate for her.  I doubt Tre has any money to pay her.

The crisis manager took the case for the publicity.  I doubt she's been paid.  I think she probably thought this would be great exposure for her but she found out that the 'real' Tre is not a sympathetic mother of four beautiful daughters but rather a criminal who blames everyone else for her crimes.  This case did nothing for her supposed reputation great reputation.  That's she's the real life Olivia Pope is comical.

• Love 4

First of all, why do we know that Teresa even had a PR flack? Because she - Wendy Feldman - told us so. Meaning she only took on this case for her own self-serving purposes. If she feels it backfired, that's her problem, and the risk she took in going public. Secondly, I don't see how she can be blamed for anything. Teresa hasn't even acknowledged her existence. But even still - blamed for what? The entire legal case rested on the job of her lawyers. The plea deal, the arguments at the hearing, everything. Maybe one day in the future, way way way way off in the future, Teresa will write a book and admit all her crimes, and say "I wanted to come clean, but it was my coach Wendy Feldman who advised me to blame Joe." Right. And on that same day, Andy Cohen comes out as straight.

Teresa has already said that her lawyers did not do right by her, she said they did not fight for her....which means they did a really bad job, according to her. They are bound by confidentiality laws but Feldman is not. I do not think Teresa would or will wait to blame Feldman for not giving her correct advice. I understand why you feel the way you do, I just think knowing Teresa the way we do, that there may be reasons she, Feldman, did that we do not know quit yet but will soon. After all, this is Teresa, my way or the highway /I will destroy/burn you Giudice.

• Love 2

I think Tre's defense lawyers did a great job getting her the deal she got.  I also think that her defense lawyers dropped her, not the other way around, after the case was finalized because they knew they weren't going to get paid all the money due them.  The new lawyer probably took the case for the publicity it would generate for her.  I doubt Tre has any money to pay her.

The crisis manager took the case for the publicity.  I doubt she's been paid.  I think she probably thought this would be great exposure for her but she found out that the 'real' Tre is not a sympathetic mother of four beautiful daughters but rather a criminal who blames everyone else for her crimes.  This case did nothing for her supposed reputation great reputation.  That's she's the real life Olivia Pope is comical.

I agree with every word of this!

I do not think Teresa would or will wait to blame Feldman for not giving her correct advice.

Advice on what? Can you just give me one or more examples? Cuz that's my point - I do think she served as a PR agent, probably gave Teresa a lot of advice, and Teresa ignored it. But what LEGAL advice did Teresa ignore? The only thing I can think of is this latest move to request a camp facility, which apparently Wendy objects to. Big fucking deal. (That's not directed at you, pal!)

Feldmans advice is just that, advice. She's got no legal leg to stand on with anything. I'm sure Theresa isn't the first client to listen to her lawyer over Feldman, and I'm sure she won't be the last. This woman needs to get over it already.

Advice on what? Can you just give me one or more examples? Cuz that's my point - I do think she served as a PR agent, probably gave Teresa a lot of advice, and Teresa ignored it. But what LEGAL advice did Teresa ignore? The only thing I can think of is this latest move to request a camp facility, which apparently Wendy objects to. Big fucking deal. (That's not directed at you, pal!)

From what I gathered, from Feldman's statement, she advised Teresa on how the legal system works, in plain simple language. What to expect once she accepted the plea deal, helped her write her "statement to the Judge", explained how the Prison facility is chosen, where she could end up going, what she can take with her, how and what to do to prepare herself and her children for the prison sentence, visitation....the things Lawyers have no real life experience in because they have never been on that side of the law. I wonder if Teresa blames Feldman more than her lawyers for not getting the facility or type of facility, min. security Camp, nailed down in court in writing and Feldman was worried Teresa would say that to the press?

I don't recall Feldman ever say that she gave Teresa "legal" advice, just advice, unless I missed that. Some of the advice may have been more along the line of shut your mouth and control yourself out on public and/or on camera, stop tweeting, no more cash only book signings, ...things along that nature as well as those above. I doubt that Teresa was an easy client for anyone on her team. I can see her screaming at everyone involved to "just do as I say, that's what I am fucking paying you to do"! She has to be a nightmare client for all involved!

Oh, and no offense taken, it's all good! LOL

I wanted to add, whether Feldman was right or wrong to make a public statement, I am glad she did just because now we know the screaming harpy we saw on the show, is like that in her real private life! LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

I think you misunderstood my post. Wendy Feldman is the PR flack.

LOL See? I told you I was tired. I confused flack with flak.

I am not a Teresa fan and I have no allegiance to Wendy "flack" Feldman. I dislike Teresa for many reasons but I don't have any reason to dislike Wendy. Someone (perhaps her defense team) recommended that Teresa hire her. That had to be done for the simple reason that Teresa is not the sharpest tool in the shed and has trouble putting a coherent sentence together.

ETA: Wouldn't it be a hoot if the prosecution leaked that letter?

Edited by AnnA

They need to leave the mansion, and all their wealthy material goods. I'd rather the house stay empty or the bank offer it at a low price to an honest family. Or maybe some rich person can buy it and burn it to the ground.

The mansion is worthless as an asset to the IRS because they owe more on it than it's worth. The bank can't foreclose as long as they are paying the mortgage nor would they want to as this would leave the bank stuck with a house worth less money than the mortgage balance owed. Banks are greedy scum and would never do as you suggest and sell at a low price to an honest family. They'd rather sell it to another criminal if that got them more money out of the deal. If Tre and Joe had any sense (which they obviously don't) they would walk away from the mansion and the huge mortgage payment, stiff the bank and tell them to get in line with the rest of the creditors and use that huge mortgage payment to pay off their IRS debt and the debts they owe to contractors or small businesses who feel the sting of unpaid obligations much more harshly than a big bank does. I don't think Tre will ever voluntarily leave that ugly house - except for the 15 months she will be in prison. It's seems like she feels she "wins" in the end if she can keep that house, a symbol of all the fakery that is Tre.

• Love 4

From what I gathered, from Feldman's statement, she advised Teresa on how the legal system works, in plain simple language. What to expect once she accepted the plea deal, helped her write her "statement to the Judge", explained how the Prison facility is chosen, where she could end up going, what she can take with her, how and what to do to prepare herself and her children for the prison sentence, visitation....the things Lawyers have no real life experience in because they have never been on that side of the law. I wonder if Teresa blames Feldman more than her lawyers for not getting the facility or type of facility, min. security Camp, nailed down in court in writing and Feldman was worried Teresa would say that to the press?

The first things you mentioned all fall under the purview of her lawyers, including information on the prison facilities. The only specialized advice she could have offered was in regard to prison life, preparing for prison, family issues, etc... And I have no problem with that. Hey, if you can make a living offering this service, go for it. But Wendy's advice had nothing to do with the judicial process that Teresa is now in, so there's nothing she can be blamed for. If Teresa's lawyers did err in neglecting to request the camp grounds over the other facilities, that's on them. Again, a PR consultant, even if she calls herself a legal crisis coach, plays no role in the judicial system.

I wanted to add, whether Feldman was right or wrong to make a public statement, I am glad she did just because now we know the screaming harpy we saw on the show, is like that in her real private life! LOL

Guess what I think? Feldman was 100% wrong to make a public statement. But it's 100% juicy! (Woops - pun intended.)

LOL See? I told you I was tired. I confused flack with flak.

That's hysterical!

The first things you mentioned all fall under the purview of her lawyers, including information on the prison facilities. The only specialized advice she could have offered was in regard to prison life, preparing for prison, family issues, etc... And I have no problem with that. Hey, if you can make a living offering this service, go for it. But Wendy's advice had nothing to do with the judicial process that Teresa is now in, so there's nothing she can be blamed for. If Teresa's lawyers did err in neglecting to request the camp grounds over the other facilities, that's on them. Again, a PR consultant, even if she calls herself a legal crisis coach, plays no role in the judicial system.

Guess what I think? Feldman was 100% wrong to make a public statement. But it's 100% juicy! (Woops - pun intended.)

That's hysterical!

Who knows why she did it! At this point I could careless of someone outs Teresa's bad behavior. If Feldman gets negative press over it, that's what you get when you try to work with the likes of Teresa. Teresa had excellent legal council, they got her a sweetheart plea deal, 1 most average people would never get even for a first time white collar offense. I admit, I am curious about what went wrong between Feldman and Teresa.

I also noted that in the SH article/blog, Klingman was still her Attorney of record until yesterday! I also think that this is how the letter from the new suit became public. It happened during the changing of the harpy keepers when they filed the required notice of the change in court. JMO

• Love 1

I think Feldman was 100% right to make a public statement. Today she pointed out that the petition Teresa filed (with new attornies) has "inaccuracies and outright falsehoods" (i.e. many LIES, which Teresa knows are lies and yet still keeps trying to sell to the court, even now).

This woman is a professional and she has her own integrity to worry about. She can't be used as a front for a client who still is telling lies to the COURT!!!  Teresa thinks she can say what she wants, use whom she wants, lie when she wants, steal when she wants and somehow manipulate people into letting her get away with it!!!

I hope the judge is tough and doesn't send her to a "halfway house" and then the "Orange is the New Black" prison. She doesn't need to be in CONNECTICUT to be close to her daughters in New Jersey.

She really really believes the rules don't apply to her. I want her to see that she's no better than any other criminal and the laws ABSOLUTELY apply to her TOO>

I think Feldman was 100% right to make a public statement. Today she pointed out that the petition Teresa filed (with new attornies) has "inaccuracies and outright falsehoods" (i.e. many LIES, which Teresa knows are lies and yet still keeps trying to sell to the court, even now).

There were no lies in Teresa's letter to the Court. The new lawyer first asked for clarification on the prison facility, as Teresa's original lawyer apparently didn't request the camps (Danbury or WV). The prosecutors not only didn't oppose this clarification, but don't oppose this assignment. The second request was to ask for a halfway house assignment after a few months. This the prosecutors opposed. Again, how is this a lie? It isn't, but rather a ballsy move. Don't worry - the judge will deny the motion, and Teresa will likely end up at Camp Cupcake.

I'm not sure that Teresa did get a sweetheart deal. Remember back when she and Joe requested separate cases (I'm not sure of the proper term), and they were denied? Someone on this board or maybe TWOP explained that separate trials would allow Teresa to not testify against Joe.

Anyway, I understand that most here feel like Joe fell on his sword for her but maybe he did because it was true...don't get me wrong, Joe had help but maybe it wasn't Teresa who helped him.

I can't blame her for seeking out a new attorney on her own. (I'd lay money that she didn't choose her previous one.) We all have that right after all...no matter our IQ.

Does anyone know anything about the new attorney, other than what's on her website?

I'm not sure that Teresa did get a sweetheart deal. Remember back when she and Joe requested separate cases (I'm not sure of the proper term), and they were denied? Someone on this board or maybe TWOP explained that separate trials would allow Teresa to not testify against Joe.

Anyway, I understand that most here feel like Joe fell on his sword for her but maybe he did because it was true...don't get me wrong, Joe had help but maybe it wasn't Teresa who helped him.

I can't blame her for seeking out a new attorney on her own. (I'd lay money that she didn't choose her previous one.) We all have that right after all...no matter our IQ.

Does anyone know anything about the new attorney, other than what's on her website?

They had separate Attorneys AND they both Pled Guilty, there was NO trial.

• Love 1