Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Not really. Both of them have a history on screen. Not a good one, either. Both tipped the comments too far on the negative. In large amounts. Enough to say "I'm. Done." With watching

But this goes against your contention that only volume counts.

What happened with Brandi and Kim is exactly what I think happened with Teresa. She has a long history with the show, and had detractors (as well as fans) from the table flip in season one to the fraud charges in this past season, resulting in viewers tuning out and writing negatively on message boards and in article comments. In large amounts.

I think the Teresa issue is totally different from the Brandi/Kim issue. IMO, Brandi and Kim were starting to become potential liabilities due to their escalating alcohol and drug use. If one of them overdoses and can blame it on the stress of the show, or wrecks a car and kills someone, etc., Bravo could take a hit. 

Teresa hasn't done anything that could be directly tied back to Bravo. I know she blames keeping up appearances for the show as a reason for overspending, but that doesn't really injure anyone, and is hard to prove. 

• Love 1

I think Brandi and Kim are different from each other. Kim was a true liability, as well as a cast member with nothing going on in her life except for the secret she was trying to hide. Brandi probably has a drinking problem, but she's not an alcoholic or drug addict like Kim. Instead, she's an unpopular troublemaker who made enemies of everyone, so no one will film with her. But here's what they both have in common with Teresa - fans have turned against them. So it doesn't matter the reason, whether it's drugs or despicable behavior or convictions. Bravo fired Brandi and Kim, and in my opinion will not re-hire Teresa, for the same reason - their behavior made them unpopular. Or as Andy puts it, successful HW's are ones you either love, or love to hate. When you find yourself in the hate pile, you're toast.

• Love 3

But this goes against your contention that only volume counts.

What happened with Brandi and Kim is exactly what I think happened with Teresa. She has a long history with the show, and had detractors (as well as fans) from the table flip in season one to the fraud charges in this past season, resulting in viewers tuning out and writing negatively on message boards and in article comments. In large amounts.

Well, I guess I have to choose my words specifically? I'm not exactly good with that but, I'll try.

Brandi and Kim are using and abusing. Teresa is not. "Volume" still counts. Viewers will still tune in to see a character succeed or crash. Viewers don't exactly rush to see a person slowly demise.

• Love 1
(edited)

Brandi and Kim are using and abusing. Teresa is not. "Volume" still counts. Viewers will still tune in to see a character succeed or crash. Viewers don't exactly rush to see a person slowly demise.

I take it you mean Brandi and Kim are using and abusing drugs, which is true for only Kim. I'm one of Brandi's biggest detractors, but even I wouldn't call her an addict. I feel like maybe you group them together to explain Brandi's dismissal, when it had nothing to do with drugs or alcohol. Fans turned on her, in much the same way as Teresa, who, btw, also used and abused the federal tax code, as well as numerous laws. She created a fake persona, and lied all the way to the IRS. Viewers are disgusted, and don't want to see her rewarded with a fat TV contract. Drugs are not the only thing to lead a person to ruin. Just like the torture of watching Kim slur and stagger and berate her way through scenes, Teresa's fans will not rush to watch her humiliation in her new reality, ankle bracelet and jailed and deported husband included. Talk about a slow and humiliating demise.

Edited by LotusFlower

At the risk of a partial O/T post:

For some reason I just assumed that Brandi was fired partly because of her drunken escapades, be she an addict or not. A quick Google of "Brandi Granville drunk" shows years of drunken behaviors. I don't see much Brandi fan-support out there but until quite recently, I think, there have been Theresa fansites. I thought she was let go because Bravo and Andy had actually considered her crimes to be awful enough to not only distance themselves but to part ways completely.

I hate the idea of any Giuduci profiting from their crimes but I would have to give any video a peek just for the trainwreck factor. And, who knows, maybe the trainwreck would make a few farthings and the gov't. can take that and maybe pay some of their BK debts.

I want to see them living over a pizza restaurant, myself.

• Love 1

I think the Teresa issue is totally different from the Brandi/Kim issue. IMO, Brandi and Kim were starting to become potential liabilities due to their escalating alcohol and drug use. If one of them overdoses and can blame it on the stress of the show, or wrecks a car and kills someone, etc., Bravo could take a hit. 

Teresa hasn't done anything that could be directly tied back to Bravo. I know she blames keeping up appearances for the show as a reason for overspending, but that doesn't really injure anyone, and is hard to prove. 

Different opinion here. Teresa injured many people with her fraud. All of us pay for this in the long run. And we are paying for her to be in prison. 

She single handedly is the worst person Bravo has ever put on their network. 

Keep her off TV. She is going to have her hands full with the entitled brats she spawned. Although she's a horrible mother so it doesn't matter if she's around or not.

• Love 6

Different opinion here. Teresa injured many people with her fraud. All of us pay for this in the long run. And we are paying for her to be in prison. 

She single handedly is the worst person Bravo has ever put on their network. 

Keep her off TV. She is going to have her hands full with the entitled brats she spawned. Although she's a horrible mother so it doesn't matter if she's around or not.

She broke the law, she's serving time. My point is, I don't think Bravo production cares what any of them do morally, or legally hurting themselves, as long as Bravo is protected. Brandi and Kim's actions could put Bravo's $$$ at risk, and Teresa's actions don't, so Bravo is going to consider/care about Brandi and Kim's actions, and not Teresas.

• Love 1

Why is there a market for Teresa as far as being a RH?  She sunk the franchise last season the show was on.  What will she have that makes her relevant?  I got out of prison agreed to do a show so I could keep my mansion?  Great show Bravo

I want to start a poll on Teresa keeping the monstrosity. I'm betting no big. Thanks, I think to Zoeysmom for finding the intent to foreclose doc. $2-3M in third party liens? I'll bet $1,250. It's probably about the great deal I could get one of Teresa's more high-priced bags at auction (I'm thinking she has at least one Hermes). BTW - I own only one very fancy bag that I legally saved and searched several years for (see excited about possible bargain - and no guilt re profiting on Teresa's "misfortune").

Jesus Christ. I'll just shut up. Maybe that will work. I didn't think it was going to be this difficult to add to the discussion. My bad.

I think what MissMel is saying the old adage that there's no bad publicity. I agree with that. If they're ever on TV again (likely) - I fully admit it'll be hard not to watch. I'll try though. We'll see.

• Love 2

I think the Giudices are AWFUL, and I LOVE watching them. They are good TV, mostly because they have Greek tragedy levels of character flaws, no self awareness, and are unintentionally funny. Throw in the NJ guido new money stereotype gloss, and you've got a winner.

They'll be back. And I will watch.

• Love 2

As for the "no such thing as bad publicity" theory - I think that's true for celebrities, or at least reality TV-types, but not for networks or companies. I think TLC and Honey Boo Boo and the Duggars proves that. Or NBC dropping Donald Trump. Or companies dropping celebrity endorsers when they find themselves in a scandal. That's always been my feeling about Bravo and Teresa, and why I think they've distanced themselves from her. I don't want her rewarded with a post-prison contract, and I don't think they will. I think I'm in the majority opinion re: the former, but in the minority re: the latter. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

• Love 2

She broke the law, she's serving time. My point is, I don't think Bravo production cares what any of them do morally, or legally hurting themselves, as long as Bravo is protected. Brandi and Kim's actions could put Bravo's $$$ at risk, and Teresa's actions don't, so Bravo is going to consider/care about Brandi and Kim's actions, and not Teresas.

Except, the Feds have involved Bravo already. Teresa lied about her income, over and over again, to the point that Bravo was forced to be involved. The Feds will be in Bravo's business about her paychecks and any income from sales that are tied to the show, as well as any paid guest appearance affiliated with the show as well.

IMO, Teresa needs to stay off reality TV/Bravo and concentrate on giving her daughters a normal life, something the deserve and badly need. Teresa OWES her daughters that for what SHE did to them.

If there is a show with Teresa, on any network, I will not watch it. I will not reward thieves. JMO

• Love 6

Except, the Feds have involved Bravo already. Teresa lied about her income, over and over again, to the point that Bravo was forced to be involved. The Feds will be in Bravo's business about her paychecks and any income from sales that are tied to the show, as well as any paid guest appearance affiliated with the show as well.

IMO, Teresa needs to stay off reality TV/Bravo and concentrate on giving her daughters a normal life, something the deserve and badly need. Teresa OWES her daughters that for what SHE did to them.

If there is a show with Teresa, on any network, I will not watch it. I will not reward thieves. JMO

Exactly. And don't forget Teresa said - in open court - that the show is scripted, and she doesn't care about it. I'm sure Bravo didn't appreciate that. They're going to sign her up for more, and pay her, after that?

• Love 3

I don't think that is all that difficult for Bravo. If the IRS wants to garnish her Bravo earnings, they will take the required steps and Bravo will receive the garnishment demand and apply the formulas as directed. 

• Love 3

Exactly. And don't forget Teresa said - in open court - that the show is scripted, and she doesn't care about it. I'm sure Bravo didn't appreciate that. They're going to sign her up for more, and pay her, after that?

They've all made that claim at some time or the other on twitter. Where I bet more people were reading than were reading court transcripts.

Someone is going to give these fools a show. That we know. And I'm sure Bravo knows. Who's going to get them first is the mystery. I don't see Bravo giving up on the cash cow just yet. They'll at least get a "welcome home" special on air.

• Love 1

Someone is going to give these fools a show. That we know. And I'm sure Bravo knows. Who's going to get them first is the mystery. I don't see Bravo giving up on the cash cow just yet. They'll at least get a "welcome home" special on air.

That's what it's all about: $$$$$.  If Bravo can make a buck off Teresa, they will be happy to give her a special, a limited reality show...whatever. And it's a win for her because she needs the money.

And people will watch.  There are fans, for sure, but watchers will also include people that love to hate her and people that want to watch just to be able to snark, and people that have heard of her and are curious.. Even anti-Guidice posters in this forum have said they may watch, and Bravo will promote it very heavily.

And that's all Bravo cares about - if she can bring some ratings, they'll be very, very happy.

As for RHONJ - I think it's dead. 

• Love 1

And that's all Bravo cares about - if she can bring some ratings, they'll be very, very happy.

Then why did TLC cancel Honey Boo Boo and the Duggars, two of their most popular shows, the latter being the network's highest rated?

• Love 1
(edited)

There is a difference between financial crimes and child molestation. Not saying that what the Guidices did wasn't wrong and I would not watch their show if it aired but I wouldn't compare them to the other situations and a lot of the viewing public don't either.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

Let's let this go, please...Bravo will do what they want to do, and bringing the Duggars into it now just invites endless circling discussions - we've done that in the 19K forum already :) 

Can we keep the discussion going if everybody leaves out the Duggar/Honey Boo Boo comparison? It's interesting to speculate whether Teresa/Joe gets back on TV and who would watch and who wouldn't. I'm totally watching at least the first episode. If it's as boring as last season, I'll take the moral high ground (see hypocrite) and stop watching.

It's also fun to see activity back on this board again. Despite our differences, we're actually pretty polite to each other (compared to other forums - TWoP rules that thankfully stuck).

• Love 3

They can get any show they want.  But I think Andy should have a poll on what to name it.  

Kind of interested in a "what to do with prison food" show.  "See, you take your Rawmen, I like to mix it with cupofnoodles seasoning...take this orange, use tweezer to grate the peel over the cupofnoodles, gives it more color, adds zest.  Sometimes I'd mix jello with a cookie, I know it sounds gross, but it's so good.  Jello needs texture.  When I got in line for commissionary, I would come up with new recipes right there!  Tuna...tuna comes in a plastic container.  What I missed most was my angry shrimp."  

So, she missed all these holidays and is leaving Juicy to buy school clothes, school supplies, back packs and cool insulated lunch bags.  

I will be busy writing I.R.S. on a check.  Not watching anything with Teresa, Joe, or her 4 beautiful dooordors.,  I'll just come here and read your posts.  

• Love 5

So what's this TMZ is reporting about a two part Bravo special on Joe raising the kids while Teresa's in the slammer? Oy, I was really enjoying not hearing much about them. All this attention (and pay) is just positive reinforcement of their horrible behavior, and it makes me incensed.

• Love 4

They can get any show they want.  But I think Andy should have a poll on what to name it.  

Kind of interested in a "what to do with prison food" show.  "See, you take your Rawmen, I like to mix it with cupofnoodles seasoning...take this orange, use tweezer to grate the peel over the cupofnoodles, gives it more color, adds zest.  Sometimes I'd mix jello with a cookie, I know it sounds gross, but it's so good.  Jello needs texture.  When I got in line for commissionary, I would come up with new recipes right there!  Tuna...tuna comes in a plastic container.  What I missed most was my angry shrimp."  

So, she missed all these holidays and is leaving Juicy to buy school clothes, school supplies, back packs and cool insulated lunch bags.  

I will be busy writing I.R.S. on a check.  Not watching anything with Teresa, Joe, or her 4 beautiful dooordors.,  I'll just come here and read your posts.  

Writing that check too LAB. Cuz WE pay our bills! 

• Love 2
(edited)

Wasn't the auction of the Giudice's beach house supposed to happen yesterday?

I think I remember it being pushed back to July 21st.

ETA:  Nevermind!  LOL

According to NJ.com the auction has been rescheduled for August 18th.

"The foreclosure auction of Teresa Giudice'scanal-front Stafford Township home, previously scheduled for Tuesday, has been adjourned until Aug. 18, according to the Ocean County Sheriff's Office."

NJCOM

Edited by AnnA

So what's this TMZ is reporting about a two part Bravo special on Joe raising the kids while Teresa's in the slammer? Oy, I was really enjoying not hearing much about them. All this attention (and pay) is just positive reinforcement of their horrible behavior, and it makes me incensed.

I saw this article on TMZ and it pisses me off to no end.  Why, why, why does anyone at Bravo think Teresa and Joe's law breaking should be rewarded with more money is beyond me.  What kind of earth shattering blackmail do they have on Andy?  What exactly would this special show other than Teresa blathering on about how she "love, love, loves" prison and her bunkmates?  I mean, really, I have a case of Fabellini and a CD of Melissa Gorga's greatest hits to sell to anyone who sincerely believes that Joe is doing the heavy lifting in raising those girls while Teresa is in jail.  We all know the grandparents and/or Juicy Joe's family is doing all of the work with the girls.  Hell, Gia is probably doing a lot with her sisters, too.  What a fucking joke.

• Love 2

I saw this article on TMZ and it pisses me off to no end.  Why, why, why does anyone at Bravo think Teresa and Joe's law breaking should be rewarded with more money is beyond me.  What kind of earth shattering blackmail do they have on Andy?  What exactly would this special show other than Teresa blathering on about how she "love, love, loves" prison and her bunkmates?  I mean, really, I have a case of Fabellini and a CD of Melissa Gorga's greatest hits to sell to anyone who sincerely believes that Joe is doing the heavy lifting in raising those girls while Teresa is in jail.  We all know the grandparents and/or Juicy Joe's family is doing all of the work with the girls.  Hell, Gia is probably doing a lot with her sisters, too.  What a fucking joke.

It's still just a rumor. And FYI - Andy isn't an exec. at Bravo anymore, and even said IF the show is happening (a big if), he has nothing to do with it.

It's still just a rumor. And FYI - Andy isn't an exec. at Bravo anymore, and even said IF the show is happening (a big if), he has nothing to do with it.

I am fully aware that Andy is no longer with Bravo.  However, when he left Bravo to create his own production company, he remained a major exec of the Housewives franchise.  That was part of his "parting deal", if you will.  I read his announcement about this when he left, and I've also heard him speak about this in person.  As such, it is very plausible that anything having to do with Teresa, who is part of the NJ installation of the franchise (and who wouldn't even be a blip on our radar had he not put her on RHoNJ), would include Andy's input and possibly production as well.  I'm not saying he definitely is behind any possible Teresa special, but it is not unfathomable to believe that he would be a part of deciding it'll happen and putting it together.

That said, I was obviously being sarcastic when I asked what kind of blackmail Teresa has on Andy.  But then again, even if he has absolutely nothing to do with any possible Teresa special, he's still a major part of the Bravo family and they would probably still try to protect him at all costs by signing more paychecks for her.  ;)

I am fully aware that Andy is no longer with Bravo.  However, when he left Bravo to create his own production company, he remained a major exec of the Housewives franchise.  That was part of his "parting deal", if you will.  I read his announcement about this when he left, and I've also heard him speak about this in person.  As such, it is very plausible that anything having to do with Teresa, who is part of the NJ installation of the franchise (and who wouldn't even be a blip on our radar had he not put her on RHoNJ), would include Andy's input and possibly production as well.  I'm not saying he definitely is behind any possible Teresa special, but it is not unfathomable to believe that he would be a part of deciding it'll happen and putting it together.

That said, I was obviously being sarcastic when I asked what kind of blackmail Teresa has on Andy.  But then again, even if he has absolutely nothing to do with any possible Teresa special, he's still a major part of the Bravo family and they would probably still try to protect him at all costs by signing more paychecks for her.  ;)

Maybe that's the difference - I don't see this show, which might happen but is still just a rumor, as a "Teresa" special, but rather as a show on Joe and the girls. Yes, Andy's an executive producer of Housewives, but I don't think his role on Bravo goes beyond the Housewives and WWHL. It's possible that any appearance by a HW on another Bravo show has to be cleared by Andy first (and/or the other producers), but as for his statement that he has nothing to do with this rumored show, I tend to believe him. It's possible that he doesn't like this show idea so he's distancing himself from it, or it's just a show that Joe is trying to pitch to Bravo, or he's lying, and it is indeed happening, maybe even with his input. We shall see.

• Love 2

Apparently it is happening.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/real-housewives-joe-giudice-filming-bravo-tv-special-1.1377944

Has Joe Giudice really been filming a two-part spinoff special for Bravo? And could wife Teresa — who’s midway through a 15-month sentence at the Danbury Federal Correctional Institution in Connecticut — actually be participating in it?

Yes, Joe’s attorney, Miles Feinstein, said Tuesday.

And, in Teresa’s case, perhaps after a fashion.

Although Bravo has yet to confirm this persistent rumor, neither is the network denying it. And while Bravo has not even said if there will be a seventh season of “The Real Housewives of New Jersey,” some insiders speculate that this potential special would be a way of testing whether “RHONJ” fans would accept convicted-felon Teresa, once the show’s breakout star, back in their lives.

"I can confirm that he has signed up for the show where he is taking care of the children,” said Feinstein, the Clifton lawyer who represents Joe Giudice. "He is abiding by all conditions that were imposed for his release."

In addition to his lawyer, the article quotes an "insider" named  Tom Murro.  That must be this guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Murro

but I don't know anything else about him or why he would be an "insider".

I'll watch. I love a good trainwreck.

And maybe some of their "earnings" will go to pay off some of their debts. I would guess the gov't., or someone, must have a lien on future earnings.

• Love 4
(edited)

Apparently it is happening.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/real-housewives-joe-giudice-filming-bravo-tv-special-1.1377944

Has Joe Giudice really been filming a two-part spinoff special for Bravo? And could wife Teresa — who’s midway through a 15-month sentence at the Danbury Federal Correctional Institution in Connecticut — actually be participating in it?

Yes, Joe’s attorney, Miles Feinstein, said Tuesday.

And, in Teresa’s case, perhaps after a fashion.

Although Bravo has yet to confirm this persistent rumor, neither is the network denying it. And while Bravo has not even said if there will be a seventh season of “The Real Housewives of New Jersey,” some insiders speculate that this potential special would be a way of testing whether “RHONJ” fans would accept convicted-felon Teresa, once the show’s breakout star, back in their lives.

"I can confirm that he has signed up for the show where he is taking care of the children,” said Feinstein, the Clifton lawyer who represents Joe Giudice. "He is abiding by all conditions that were imposed for his release."

In addition to his lawyer, the article quotes an "insider" named Tom Murro. That must be this guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Murro

but I don't know anything else about him or why he would be an "insider".

Tom Murro is buddies with Kim Granny-do-tell and was on Melissa's side in the Guidici-Gorga season 3/4 feud and sided with Jacqueline. Speculation is that Jac was the one who fed/revealed Theresa & Joes financial details to a "journalist" and if I recall correctly Tom would embellish stories just using the Jac scoop. IMO he's another fame whore, just like the entire cast. These people are all certifiable and have skeletons in their closets. I would occasionally side with Tre only because they were all dirty and I felt Jac was trying to set her up...for example, the back deck conversation at Caroline's. Theres a reason why Dina didn't side with Jac and Caroline besides any petty family squabbling.

I agree with those who said the first season was the best. It was fun, lighter and for the most part (exception of Danielle) they all were going along to get along.

I think that if they continue RHONJ they need to start from scratch, using no one related or friends with any of the former/current cast members. Last season was just a version of Jersey Shore, the "who are they now edition."

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 3
(edited)

Tom Murro is buddies with Kim Granny-do-tell and was on Melissa's side in the Guidici-Gorga season 3/4 feud and sided with Jacqueline. Speculation is that Jac was the one who fed/revealed Theresa & Joes financial details to a "journalist" and if I recall correctly Tom would embellish stories just using the Jac scoop. IMO he's another fame whore, just like the entire cast. These people are all certifiable and have skeletons in their closets. I would occasionally side with Tre only because they were all dirty and I felt Jac was trying to set her up...for example, the back deck conversation at Caroline's. Theres a reason why Dina didn't side with Jac and Caroline besides any petty family squabbling.

I agree with those who said the first season was the best. It was fun, lighter and for the most part (exception of Danielle) they all were going along to get along.

I think that if they continue RHONJ they need to start from scratch, using no one related or friends with any of the former/current cast members. Last season was just a version of Jersey Shore, the "who are they now edition."

Joe and Teresa's financial details weren't leaked to any journalist.  From the moment their BK petition was made public and the Feds started questioning things the journalists ran with it.  It seems like they should have been smarter but they just weren't.  By the time the BK was made public most of the perjured testimony had occurred.  The feds filed their original "Objection to  Discharge" in September of 2010.  It was based on Teresa and Joe multiple filings and perjured testimony.  The big question was more along the lines of what took them almost four years post petition to indict. http://www.realitytvscandals.com/court-and-legal-documents/court-documents-giudice-bankruptcy-fraud/giudice-doc-109-september-09-2010-objection-discharge-mastropole-honerable-morris-stern/

I think if they try and revive the franchise is should be with a new cast.  Teresa's fandom and fame won't carry the series.  She needs Joe and her greed and desire won't carry the show. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5
(edited)

Joe and Teresa's financial details weren't leaked to any journalist. From the moment their BK petition was made public and the Feds started questioning things the journalists ran with it. It seems like they should have been smarter but they just weren't. By the time the BK was made public most of the perjured testimony had occurred. The feds filed their original "Objection to Discharge" in September of 2010. It was based on Teresa and Joe multiple filings and perjured testimony. The big question was more along the lines of what took them almost four years post petition to indict. http://www.realitytvscandals.com/court-and-legal-documents/court-documents-giudice-bankruptcy-fraud/giudice-doc-109-september-09-2010-objection-discharge-mastropole-honerable-morris-stern/

I think if they try and revive the franchise is should be with a new cast. Teresa's fandom and fame won't carry the series. She needs Joe and her greed and desire won't carry the show.

Regardless, I believe Jac was trying to set Theresa up and gave inside information to Murro. It's clear he got inside information from all these harpies. I'm not saying Jac is the one responsible, I just believe she was no friend to Theresa. I don't think Jac is a criminal at that level, but her closets are far from empty of skeletons. I think because Jac seemed sweet and does at times display a sweet side, doesn't change my mind that she's an awful, jealous, narcissistic idiot. She tried to get information from Danielle, Melissa and anyone else to have something on Tree, but Jac is no innocent. We don't know at this time if she has any direct culpability in the wrongdoings in Chris' business, I doubt it, but just because she may not have been involved (which we don't know yet) doesn't mean her fingerprints are clean.

I've really come to dislike ever single adult that was on RHONJ. Season 1 was fun but it was all far from real.

I say trash this entire crew and start over, IF, NJ is renewed. No one in any shape or form attached to the past crew.

The only positive last season was that we weren't subjected to Melissa Gorgas repulsive sisters. I preferred the patched up (faked?) relationship between the Gorgas and Guidicis strictly from the selfish perspective as a viewer who didn't want to see that bloodbath on my screen anymore. I actually like Theresa and Melissa on the same team.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 1

I think if they try and revive the franchise is should be with a new cast. Teresa's fandom and fame won't carry the series. She needs Joe and her greed and desire won't carry the show.

Even putting aside my anger at the prospect of Bravo re-hiring Teresa b/c of the criminal aspect, I don't understand why people think Teresa would be a good subject for RHONJ or any other show. Her whole persona was based on a lie, and now that it's been exposed, what would she now present? Especially since she refuses to atone and acknowledge her past. And Joe's going to prison. And she just got out of prison, but will be too humiliated to acknowledge or talk about it. And lastly, she's not that smart, and only wants to talk about "love, love, and love." What would her "character" be?

• Love 6

And she just got out of prison, but will be too humiliated to acknowledge or talk about it.

I assume she has to give permission for the girls to film with Joe.  This show is about Joe 'raising' the girls while Tre is in the pen. That makes me think that she'll have to talk about her incarceration if she's hired to do either a continuance of this show, or even if she goes back to RHONY.  If she's willing to let Joe talk about it, I think she'll come around to talking about it, too.

But mostly, I'll think she talk about whatever Bravo or whoever hires her wants her to talk about if the price is right.  What other employment prospects does she have?

• Love 2

I agree if the "Juicy Show" is actually happening (and enough out there from reliable sources so I tend to think it's probably true), it's a trial balloon to see if bringing back Teresa to RHNJ would be worth it.

I also don't think Jaq was "setting" Teresa up with the deck conversation either, though probably instigated at the producer's request. Teresa was publicly up to her eyeballs in financial shenanigans at that point, but was still prancing around (and spending) like she hadn't a care in the world. Refused to say anything on camera (or privately to her supposed "best friend"), but was willing to do paid tabloid bullshit articles about it.

• Love 3

The producers can certainly ask Joe and/or Teresa to talk about their crimes and imprisonment, but I don't see either of them venturing away from how they have always talked about these matters, ie. Joe: What are you gonna do? And Teresa: Joe's "away," or "away in college." Teresa also went into the pokey still proclaiming her only "mistake" was not reading stuff, so unless she's ready to admit her guilt, I'm not sure what she's supposed to say. That's why I'm baffled by the prospect of the Juicy show, or Teresa's return to RHONJ. What's there to portray?

• Love 1

I'm not sure what's left.  They could pull another released female felon with kids out of their pocket and together with Teresa form a Brady Bunch.  I really don't know.  But I think they'll try something.  People watch shows like 'Teen Mom' and 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' and 'The Kardashians' (and my hubs would add Real Housewives to that list.)  There's a market for everything.  Doesn't mean they'll have a hit on their hands but I can see them milking it for a season or two.

• Love 3

Yea, I get it. Teen Mom is a good example. Those girls have been reality TV stars since they were 16 & pregnant(!), and now their life that MTV is "documenting" consists of sitting around and doing nothing, all subsidized by years of MTV checks. But the show's a hit, so they keep filming.

I still think this is different, though. First of all, the show's not that much of a hit anymore. Secondly, the network has to weigh whatever ratings success they might have against the public's anger at rewarding criminals. It also doesn't seem to fit in with the direction Bravo seems to be going in, ie. with the firing of Brandi and Kim R., and even with saying sayonora to Nene. I feel like Teresa had her time in the sun, but it's now over.

• Love 1

Even putting aside my anger at the prospect of Bravo re-hiring Teresa b/c of the criminal aspect, I don't understand why people think Teresa would be a good subject for RHONJ or any other show. Her whole persona was based on a lie, and now that it's been exposed, what would she now present? Especially since she refuses to atone and acknowledge her past. And Joe's going to prison. And she just got out of prison, but will be too humiliated to acknowledge or talk about it. And lastly, she's not that smart, and only wants to talk about "love, love, and love." What would her "character" be?

I would be very interested to watch an honest portrayal of a family that lived beyond their means for years, and how much they change their lifestyle to recover and repay their debts. I used to live to watch a show on A&E about a finance guy that revamps peoples lifestyles to payoff debt and evaluate how they did after a few months.

The chances of this happening to the G's are about zero. They still seem to have almost no consequences, didn't repay the IRS or their fines, still live in the mansion, still have a beachhouse they can use all summer because the auction keeps getting delayed, and on and on.

I assume she has to give permission for the girls to film with Joe. This show is about Joe 'raising' the girls while Tre is in the pen. That makes me think that she'll have to talk about her incarceration if she's hired to do either a continuance of this show, or even if she goes back to RHONY. If she's willing to let Joe talk about it, I think she'll come around to talking about it, too.

But mostly, I'll think she talk about whatever Bravo or whoever hires her wants her to talk about if the price is right. What other employment prospects does she have?

Serious question, does she have to give permission? I assumed you lose custody temporarily while you are away, because how can she make legal decisions on behalf of the girls?

• Love 1