Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: The Spicy 6 - The Competition Heats Up!

• Start Topic

Robin and Nicole were funny tonight. This show has done a lot to make me like them. Also, Chrissy Metz had fun guesses! She's obsessed with good music, so I had a feeling she'd come up with people no one guessed before.

We knew it wasn't Jamie Foxx. It's never Jamie Foxx.

Tyrese is in a movie called Identity Theft, so I hoped he'd use that as the reason he lied. But he lied just because the panel all know him. What was true? Chubby Checker. Lol.

Guesses for who's left: Piglet - Nick Lachey, Chameleon - Wiz Khalifa (he killed it tonight), Black Swan - JoJo (she needs to do 90s R&B asap!), Yeti - Omarion, Russian Dolls - Hanson (three part harmony).

Yeti could still be Marques Houston, but every other guess is my final answer.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

If the contestants can straight out lie, then what is even the point of trying to guess?

Pretty much negates the whole concept of the show for the home viewer, doesn’t it? This really surprised me. 

• Love 6

I didn't understand that either... he said he was a 60 year old from Costa Rica.  So now we have to figure out which clues are real and which are lies?  Defeats the whole purpose of trying to make it a guessing game.

• Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

Robin and Nicole were funny tonight. This show has done a lot to make me like them. Also, Chrissy Metz had fun guesses! She's obsessed with good music, so I had a feeling she'd come up with people no one guessed before.

We knew it wasn't Jamie Foxx. It's never Jamie Foxx.

Tyrese is in a movie called Identity Theft, so I hoped he'd use that as the reason he lied. But he lied just because the panel all know him. What was true? Chubby Checker. Lol.

Guesses for who's left: Piglet - Nick Lachey, Chameleon - Wiz Khalifa (he killed it tonight), Black Swan - JoJo (she needs to do 90s R&B asap!), Yeti - Omarion, Russian Dolls - Hanson (three part harmony).

Yeti could still be Marques Houston, but every other guess is my final answer.

I think your guesses are right including Yeti for Omarion. 

I don't know why the show would let contestants lie with the clues.  He might have just said 60 so it wasn't prepared just like Mark revealed more detail about his kids/grandkids while talking.  But wasn't Costa Rica a prepared clue?  I'm glad Nicole said that I don't believe the clues about 60 and Costa Rica. 

Edited by realdancemom
  • Love 2

Yeah I don't like that some clues can be lies, there is really no need for it and it feels like cheating. If all the panelists know the person, they can just make the clues really vague, the viewers don't know most of these people personally I have to assume and we want to play too!

Tyrese was really good, I forgot that he also sang. I still have Russian Dolls or Black Swan as the winner, who I am pretty sure are Hansen and Jojo respectively. The other ones I am less sure of, but I like Nick Lachey as Piglet. 

I liked Chrissy Metz as a guest judge. She isn't as joke a minute as Joel or some of the others, but she clearly knows a lot about music and she seems to vibe with the judges pretty well. Anyone who tells Ken why, specifically, his joke guesses are a waste of everyone's time is a hero in my book. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rickster said:

He mentioned growing up in Costa Rica a few weeks ago, too.

Yes, and something about how it was a family tradition to go diving for crabs, or something like that.  But apparently not.

Is there someplace official that breaks down all the clues?  Like the pop ups that show after the person is unmasked, but all of them?  

I wasn’t at all impressed with Swan’s performance.  I thought she should have gone home. 

I have no real guesses. I want to say Chameieon is Snoop Dog, but they were really pushing the weed references, so maybe those are red herrrings. I have no other guess though.  

I think Piglet is Nick Lachey.

Russian Dolls is Hanson.

I have no idea about the others. 

• Love 1

Robin and Nicole should know That Piglet is Nick Lachey by now. I'll give Nicole Props for guessing that Piglet is either Brian Littrel or Nick Lachey though. 

2 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I wasn’t at all impressed with Swan’s performance.  I thought she should have gone home. 

I have no real guesses. I want to say Chameieon is Snoop Dog, but they were really pushing the weed references, so maybe those are red herrrings. I have no other guess though.  

I think Piglet is Nick Lachey.

Russian Dolls is Hanson.

I have no idea about the others. 

Thank God Black Swan didn't go home. I dont wanna hear all guys and shes overall one of the best singers. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Josh371982 said:

Robin and Nicole should know That Piglet is Nick Lachey by now. I'll give Nicole Props for guessing that Piglet is either Brian Littrel or Nick Lachey though. 

Thank God Black Swan didn't go home. I dont wanna hear all guys and shes overall one of the best singers. 

I think Nicole knows that Piglet is Nick.  When Nick Cannon asked her why, she just said the voice.

I'm also glad that Black Swan didn't go home. 

• Love 1

All the panelists who didn't Final Guess Tyrese were either not actually trying or told not to all be correct. They didn't even pick people who could plausibly be in an amusement park ride! Unless they assumed they should disregard that because of the Costa Rica thing.

I think JoJo is gonna kill it next week and do something soulful. An all male finale will be the worst. Omarion and Wiz Khalifa shouldn't outlast her. Sorry.

This is like with LeAnn Rhimes, she was so good, some weeks she held back to keep us guessing.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BoogieBurns said:

I think JoJo is gonna kill it next week and do something soulful. An all male finale will be the worst. Omarion and Wiz Khalifa shouldn't outlast her. Sorry.

This is like with LeAnn Rhimes, she was so good, some weeks she held back to keep us guessing.

Agreed but after Bow Wow and Barry Zito lasting over Jackie Evancho I don't trust this show that much. Hell Tori Kelly shouldve been F3 or F2 Last season JMO. I like Nick Carter and Aloe Blacc but she's a superior singer 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

I don’t look at competitions that way.  if the women don’t perform well enough to stay, then they should go home.  If it ends up an all male competition, that’s the way the ball bounces.  

I think a woman won in a previous year because “It was time for a woman to win”.  Not because she was the best performer.

I didn’t think this was a good song choice for Swan.  She sounded weak.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

Nicole knows full well that Piglet is not Brian Littrell.  In a prior season when someone guessed him, she immediately said “that’s not Brian, that’s not his tone”.  Brian and Nick do have similar voices, and they are both in stark contrast to, say, AJ McLean.  But Brian’s voice is a bit softer and gentler than Nick’s and Nicole should know that.

The cynic in me says that Nick goes home next week.  Since I fully believe the outcome of this show is predetermined... I look at past winners.  Season 1: black male.  Season 2: black male.  Season 3: black female.  Season 4: white female.

If the show is trying to spread things around, then the winner would be a white male, so Nick or Hansen.  But I don’t see it happening.  I think the final three are Yeti, Chameleon, and Black Swan and that Yeti wins.

12 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I don’t look at competitions that way.  if the women don’t perform well enough to stay, then they should go home.  If it ends up an all male competition, that’s the way the ball bounces.  

I think a woman won in a previous year because “It was time for a woman to win”.  Not because she was the best performer.

This assumes that this is in fact an actual competition.  This show has never explained exactly how votes are tallied or weighted.  If the audience votes actually count, are they given equal weight as the panelists?  1 vote = 1 vote?  Or does the collective audience vote count the same as 1 panelist?  I don't think they've ever said.  I vaguely recall that only the panelists voted in certain instances (I think maybe for those Showcase Showdowns).

I still fully believe that the producers choose who goes home not necessarily based on the votes but on what makes the best overall season storyline.  Chameleon should have gone home weeks ago, Robopine was much better than him, and Seashell should have outlasted both of them.

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure Tori Kelly went out last season in time for her to promote her xmas album. I may not be remembering exactly correctly but I think they featured her heavily in the sing-along episode the week after she was unmasked. I think some (most) contestants are on to promote something or for fun and don't want to "win" and have to stay till the end.

• Love 4

Yeah, I think the contestants commit to a certain length of time and they are "voted out" when they are no longer available.  As a contest, this is a joke but I still find it amusing overall.  I'm just not concerned with the outcome.

• Love 4

Did I miss it, or did they NOT actually introduce Chrissy Metz as the guest judge at all?  I watched On Demand, so maybe it wasn't shown, but they didn't even mention her by name until like 10 minutes in. 

I watched live and they did the thing they always do where the guest holds a mask in front of their face and Nick introduces them vaguely and then they reveal who it is after a pointless 4 second pause.

• Love 2