Type keyword(s) to search

True Blood in the Media

(edited)

Okay so, the final season is half over, but Comic Con and there isn't a topic about it yet.

So SPOILERS -> True-Blood.net <- SPOILERS is live updating their Facebook page the comic panel right now:

OH BOY! MORE FLASHBACKS! Bill Flashbacks, to be specific. I misread that! Yay!

If you would excuse me, I'll be fighting with my liver again over in the corner.

This is cool: Stephen remembering the scene where Lala says, "Even Big John afraid of the pussy." That extra (Big John) has been in every episode since then.

Now I want to go back and see if I can find him since they don't always have Merlott's Kitchen.

Edited by Insomnia

I just saw an interview with Rutger Hauer on a Swiss Newspaper/Site (Link in German, he's there because of a Film Festival) and I had to laugh at the last two questions as transcribed by me:

You're part of the TV-Series True Blood. How was it with HBO?

"I've never seen such a well organised, professional, fast and talented shop. That was like a factory. I had fun with my Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Son and I had hoped to find a relationship with Sookie, but that women is completely and hopelessly mad."

You mean the Actress, Anna Paquin?

"No, Sookie the character, a poor poor girl"

Hmm, that might've belonged better with the character thread of sookie, but it's still media, no? :)

• Love 1

I'm just in shock. I thought he was one of the best things about this series, and was looking forward to his future going forward.  His stint in Elementary wasn't the greatest, but he still did good with what he was given.  But I can't believe he's already gone.  It's just so sad.

• Love 3

Unfortunately, heart failure at 39 makes me think drugs. Hopefully that wasn't the case, but when celebs die so young it's hard not to jump to conclusions.

(I'm also just coming off reading some interviews with Natasha Lyonne, an OITNB actress who had heart complications requiring surgery due to her drug addiction. So I may be seeing things that aren't there.)

I also feel badly about how unpopular his character on Elementary was, but people (at least on this site) seemed to recognize that he was just acting the role that had been written for him. 

Last but not least, I had just started rewatching True Blood for the first time since the series ended. I was only a few episodes in, but far enough to be reminded how delightful Lafayette's character was, and how happy I was that the showrunners hadn't killed the character off in the first season.

• Love 3
(edited)

We have lost a talented actor. Nelsan's performances as Lafayette kept me watching True Blood long after my interest had waned. My sympathy to Nelsan's family and friends. Rest in peace, Nelsan.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

A real shock. Nelsan Ellis was brilliant in so many roles, but he was iconic in True Blood. His Lafayette was consistently great, even when the show wasn't.

RIP, Nelsan.

• Love 2

This is so sad, I feel for his family and friends! Lafayette will always be one of the best characters in True Blood and it would not have been so without Nelsan's amazing portrayal. Sad that we won't be able to see more from him :( It's always such a tragedy when people die so young.

• Love 2
On 7/8/2017 at 4:51 PM, kieyra said:

Unfortunately, heart failure at 39 makes me think drugs. Hopefully that wasn't the case, but when celebs die so young it's hard not to jump to conclusions.

(I'm also just coming off reading some interviews with Natasha Lyonne, an OITNB actress who had heart complications requiring surgery due to her drug addiction. So I may be seeing things that aren't there.)

I also feel badly about how unpopular his character on Elementary was, but people (at least on this site) seemed to recognize that he was just acting the role that had been written for him. 

Last but not least, I had just started rewatching True Blood for the first time since the series ended. I was only a few episodes in, but far enough to be reminded how delightful Lafayette's character was, and how happy I was that the showrunners hadn't killed the character off in the first season.

Unfortunately you are correct in his death being related to his drug and alcohol use.  His family confirmed the cause of his heart failure.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/nelsan-ellis-family-shares-circumstances-of-true-blood-actors-death/ar-BBE9ptI?li=BBnb7Kz

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Unfortunately you are correct in his death being related to his drug and alcohol use.  His family confirmed the cause of his heart failure.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/nelsan-ellis-family-shares-circumstances-of-true-blood-actors-death/ar-BBE9ptI?li=BBnb7Kz

Sorry not to be wrong on this one. :(  Awful way to go. 

Here's a gif I used earlier this year in the Elementary forums, when trying to explain to viewers who hadn't seen TB how charismatic Nelsan could be:

4.gif?w=600&h=304

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 2

Aww, that's so sad!  Regardless of his substance abuse problems, I absolutely loved and admired his character on True Blood.  He's the only reason why I stuck it out 'til the end.

R.I.P. Nelsan Ellis (aka Lafayette)

• Love 1