Type keyword(s) to search

Overserved With Lisa Vanderpump - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thanks for starting this forum, dosodog!

Okay, I'm in!!  I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode.  In fact, I was hoping it was on for an hour.  I was disappointed when it ended at 30 minutes!

Can you believe how much the ponies have grown? 

LVP sure knows how to throw a party/dinner.   The food looked delicious too.  This was such a fun atmosphere, unlike how some of the HW's shows would end up - cat fights, etc.  This is the kind of TV I want to see these days!  

• Love 12

I've got another hour and half for it to air.  I am looking forward to this as I am also tired of the fighting.

Pretty tablescapes!  Glorious food!  Conversation that doesn't involve people "owning" stuff.......

• Love 8

I liked it!!!!  It was fun, silly and lighthearted!!  I think LVP really knows how to make people feel welcome in her house and she definitely knows how to stage a fun, elegant party.  (Why the hell did she ever need Kevin what's his face???)  

Did she cook all that food?  It looked amazing!!  

Lance Bass' husband cracking his nose on the horse house was hysterical!!  

And, I've always liked Vivica A. Fox - she looked stunning!!  

The only part that I didn't care for was Pandora - something about her just bugs me.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Did she cook all that food?  It looked amazing!!  

Ken said they'd been cooking all day.  I'm impressed!  

9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

The only part that I didn't care for was Pandora - something about her just bugs me.  

I think she's still kind of shy around the cameras.   I'm thinking that they wanted to even up the numbers at the table (3 guests; 3 hosts), and with social distancing still in play, Pandora (as family) would be the best way to go.   I think she's sweet.  Maybe she'll come out of her shell during the course of this show!  She's quiet like her Dad.   She and her Mom seemed to be enjoying themselves in the kitchen.  I enjoyed watching them.  🙂 

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Ken said they'd been cooking all day.  I'm impressed!  

I think she's still kind of shy around the cameras.   I'm thinking that they wanted to even up the numbers at the table (3 guests; 3 hosts), and with social distancing still in play, Pandora (as family) would be the best way to go.   I think she's sweet.  Maybe she'll come out of her shell during the course of this show!  She's quiet like her Dad.   She and her Mom seemed to be enjoying themselves in the kitchen.  I enjoyed watching them.  🙂 

You're probably right about Pandora - either way, I do like the show and will continue to watch.  I think it's nice to see LVP in her true element - hosting and entertaining people in a lighthearted, sometimes naughty, way!!  

• Love 8

I'm so embarrassed!  I started the thread and then fell asleep before it came on.  So I'm watching now.

Diamonds and Rose got soooooo big.  What a way to be greeted at a party!

I think they should provide the cocktail recipe on the show.  Better before the show, so we can enjoy the cocktails with them.

Vivica A. Fox's ass totally deserves it's own spotlight.  I still think that was one of the most amazing fight scenes in the history of cinema.  And I want her sparkly shoes. 

Souuuullllllll Train! I would have liked to see Ken's moves.  He was probably napping.  Oh wait.  There he is!

The food looks delicious. I want that fig thing!  And the potato/gruyere tower!  And the apple dessert!

I like that Lisa is serving her guests.  LMAO at Lance and his husband, BOTH taking a bite when they didn't want to answer the question.

Absinthe is evil.

Why is there a horse head in the horse house?

Oooo.  You could hear how hard he hit his nose.

I thoroughly enjoyed this.  The party banter, the decor, the food, Ken laughing, the guests, Lisa.

Next week the show theme is Tucsonay and I believe starts at 10 PM.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

The food looks delicious. I want that fig thing!  And the potato/gruyere tower!  And the apple dessert!

The entire atmosphere was fabulous!  Don't forget the sparkly chandeliers!  I believe that Lisa said they were dining under the olive trees.  We planted an olive tree in our yard a few months ago, and the leaves are so pretty.  I can't wait 'til our little tree gets as big as the ones she has.  

I don't mean to gush about LVP, but I really need this kind of show just to lift my spirits after a hard week of work, and everything else that's happening in the world.  It's the time-out that I need! 

Ken seemed rather quiet, but he usually is.  He can't match Lisa's bubbly personality!  The only thing missing was Giggy.  RIP sweet pup. 

• Love 12

She's going to be on WWHL, by herself, next week--Thursday I think.  So, maybe they are good.  Like real fucking good......Hee!

E! and Bravo are both under NBC Universal, I think!  So sibling rivalry between the networks?

Episode 1 was a winner for me.  Curious to know how it did in the ratings.  Because if the other episodes are like last night's, I'd like the show to stick around.  And eventually get the Strawbridge's over, with Dick and Lisa in the kitchen.

She really can cook.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Was LVP going to E! Entertainment a snub to BravoTV?  I wonder if she and Andy are still on good terms.  I haven't kept up with what's been going on behind the scenes with the HWs. 

No it’s just corporate centralization, they are owned by the same company and now reality at NBCUniverdsal is all under the same exec regardless if it ends up on Bravo, Peacock, E!, etc. You know who else has a new show on E!? Andy Cohen and he most certainly isn’t leaving Bravo. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

And eventually get the Strawbridge's over, with Dick and Lisa in the kitchen.

Can you imagine how much fun that would be?  I think that Angel would simply adore the ponies and all the other animals at Lisa's house. 

• Love 6

Many thanks to Dosodog for reminding me about this show. I added E! to my channels just for it. 

I loved it! How fun it would be to be a guest at Lisa’s. I like to entertain too, so I really appreciate a show like this. I used to watch Martha Stewart, but she had a different style— she almost made you feel guilty for not making your own bread. This was more fun focused.

How did I not know about apple roses!? I am making them this week. 

Looking forward to next week!

• Love 6

If they bring item back for a season 2, I would like an hour show.

First half hour dedicated to showing us how to make the food and cocktails!  Second half hour dedicated to dinner party.

And if you like this, I highly recommend Escape to the Chateau, Saturdays, on HGTV, at 8 pm.

It's Candid Reality, but no stupid fights.  Just french chateau renovations, weddings, trips to Artisans, arts and crafts, cooking,  a lovely family with lovely children.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, dosodog said:

If they bring item back for a season 2, I would like an hour show.

First half hour dedicated to showing us how to make the food and cocktails!  Second half hour dedicated to dinner party.

And if you like this, I highly recommend Escape to the Chateau, Saturdays, on HGTV, at 8 pm.

It's Candid Reality, but no stupid fights.  Just french chateau renovations, weddings, trips to Artisans, arts and crafts, cooking,  a lovely family with lovely children.

There should be an accompanying cookbook for each season, or preferably, after each show post/display the next episode's menu with ingredients and a shopping list, so we can enjoy the same (well, similar) food and cocktails as if we're there, or to impress our friends. 

Thank you @dosodog for the reminder that this show exists, and for starting a thread for it. I am watching a rerun now, and will set the DVR at the commercial break.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 7

I would even be okay with a bit of fighting, if it was genuine. But that manufactured, evil Doggiegate type stuff was too much for me.  But, no matter because, Lisa wins in the end!  How's your new show, Evil Kyle?

I agree the show should be an hour, and thanks for the tip about the châteaux* show. I will look for that one, sounds very promising!

(*remedial former French student ...first put the circumflex on the e...wrong...then put it on the second a...also wrong. Now debating whether I should have made it plural, but trying to show off that I know it's supposed to be an x.  Now second guessing myself, and have to look it up. Then realized I think I spelled "circumflex" wrong, so had to correct that).  ;)

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Tonight's episode:

Lisa creates an al fresco Tuscan feast for Italian-born Joel McHale and actress Cheryl Hines; the day includes a mystery blindfold game, flaming cheese pasta and Lisa playfully confronting Joel about things he's said about her in the past.

I'm a little giddy with anticipation!  I hope tonight is as fun as last week.

• Love 4

I think we are getting the giant wheel of cheese for dinner.  So far?  Still not jaded by the sight of a giant wheel of cheese being heated up!

16 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

@veryvanderpump on instagram has the recipe for the purple drink (Butterfly French 75) as does Veryvanderpump.com, and she promises to share more recipes from the show! 🎉

OMG!  Okay, I admit that I'm easily impressed (see giant wheel of cheese comments), but that recipe section!  And the cocktails!  I need to get more "fancy" in my life.

Last weekend's drink:

http://www.veryvanderpump.com/drink#/butterfly-french-75

And a recipe for the infamous Goat Cheese Balls:

http://www.veryvanderpump.com/eat#/the-famous-goat-cheese-balls

Ciao!  See you tonight!

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Weak second episode, I wonder if it has to do with the guests or it being a lunch.  Dinner is always better.  Looking forward to next week's Trixie Mattell episode.

Agreed. Joel was cute holding the dog at the table. Best line was Joel saying Oliver Stone was casting Kevin Costner as Ken.

Next week looks fun! I wonder what's in those giant martini glasses.

• Love 4

I've missed both episodes (how did I not know this was happening? HOW,  I ASK YOU??)

21 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Weak second episode, I wonder if it has to do with the guests or it being a lunch.  Dinner is always better.  Looking forward to next week's Trixie Mattell episode.

Lisa V and Trixie sharing a repast?

Jesus.  It's like a fever dream come true for me. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I liked this episode! The show does need to be an hour though. 

Looked up and found a recipe for the apple roses from last week. They look so easy to make, especially if you use frozen puff pastry.

So nice to see a HW-related show  that doesn’t make you feel dirty and depressed. A little bittersweet without Giggy. 

• Love 11
On 3/27/2021 at 5:10 AM, film noire said:

I've missed both episodes (how did I not know this was happening? HOW,  I ASK YOU??)

Welcome aboard, film noire

This is LVP in her element!  I was out of town, so I've still got to watch the second episode.  The first one was fun though.  Vivica was a hoot!  I hope that the show will do well.  I know there are a lot of people who don't like her, but I guess we'll see just how many fans LVP really has!   I like LVP, but I'm in it for the animals too.  There can never be too much screen time devoted to the ponies, swans, and the whole kit and caboodle of other animals! 

• Love 9

I thought LVP needed to leave RHOBH, it was time.

This show is just so fun, enjoyable and lighthearted. This is the LVP that was on RH until the last couple of seasons, so good that she got out of that environment.

I wish the RH franchises had more of this silly fun, like they used to.

• Love 14

I didn't like this episode as much as I liked the first one, but it was still fun.  I like Joel McHale, but he seemed extra snarky or something.  Maybe he was worried since he used to make fun of Vanderpump Rules.  Lisa was quite a good sport about the whole thing.   He seemed like the odd man out with Cheryl and Lisa.   It wasn't bad, just not the same vibe as the first episode.   

The food looked tasty.  She sure knows how to set a table and make everything look fabulous!  

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

didn't like this episode as much as I liked the first one, but it was still fun.  I like Joel McHale, but he seemed extra snarky or something.  Maybe he was worried since he used to make fun of Vanderpump Rules.  Lisa was quite a good sport about the whole thing.   He seemed like the odd man out with Cheryl and Lisa.   It wasn't bad, just not the same vibe as the first episode.   

I agree, the second show was definitely missing something that the first episode had.

• Love 1

I was never a fan of LVP, or of shows like "The Tonight Show" where celebrities chat, but I do like her house, and I like throwing parties myself so I checked it out and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.  I liked hearing the natural conversations; of course trashy Lisa has to get in her sex questions and pranks, which I could have done without.  I think a half hour is great - better to end wanting more than looking at the clock as they drag out the extra time.  (See Married at First sight 😄 )

• Love 7

I have to agree with @ChitChat.  I really enjoyed the first episode but the second left me meh.  I took it off my DVR.  I will continue to watch this thread for the odd good episode, but it won’t be a must-see.  I like Lisa and this is a show she should do well on but, as with any dinner party, the guests are as important as the food.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, b2H said:

I like Lisa and this is a show she should do well on but, as with any dinner party, the guests are as important as the food.

I'm hoping that episode 2 was just a fluke and the rest will be as good as the first one.   As I said, Joel just seemed a little snarky, and Cheryl seemed unusually quiet.  Maybe she was a little in awe of her surroundings, because even with her fame and wealth, Lisa & Ken's house and property makes one step back and say "damn!"  I think Joel was quite impressed too.  

• Love 4

Finally watching Tuscan.  I think it feels off due to Joel.  He has a dry, insulting humor that isn't working with the flow.  I watched the Jeff Lewis/Tori Spelling episode.  Which also felt off--mainly due to some depressing topics.

An emu?  When you could have mini horses.

The food again.  So.  Amazing.   Prosciutto Roses. The Wheel of Cheese.  Poor Ken.  I think Joel woke him up when he put the wheel down. 

Kevin Costner as Ken!

I'm going to pretend that Lady and the Tramp reenactment didn't happen......

Sacrilege!  Okay.  Nevermind.  The toilet paper was NOT injured.  We all know how important TP was during filming.

Poor Channing Tatum.

I'm going to pretend Lady and the Tramp, the sequel reenactment, didn't happen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I'm not sure what happened, but tonight's episode is on early for me on Hulu.

Diva Tea.  Trixie Mattel and Iggy Azalea.  I'm slightly familiar with Iggy and know nothing about Trixie. 

From previews.  Really looking forward to seeing the chandelier in the pool eventually.

Ducks!  The shade on the swans!  RHOBH did not show us enough of Lisa's place. 

Diva Croquet looks fun!  High heels with spikes on the grass! What! Cocktail glasses wider then my head!  What!

Awwww.  Giggy.  RIP.  The First Dog of Bravo.

A Vanderpump tea set.  Sugar that looks like a q-tip. WHY didn't we see more of this on that other show?  Flowers in cookies.  I LOVE cucumber sandwiches.

I?  Enjoy Pandora and Jason.  For me, they fit in very well.  I know lots of people don't like her, but I appreciate her.  

I feel the laughter is real and unforced at the party.  Like they really are enjoying themselves and the company they are keeping. 

The Housewives taglines were good. 

I enjoyed it!

Next week: Jeff Lewis, Tori Spelling and LOTS of tequila.  

Spoiler

They get pretty tipsy on the tequila....

• Love 9
9 hours ago, dosodog said:

I'm not sure what happened, but tonight's episode is on early for me on Hulu.

Diva Tea.  Trixie Mattel and Iggy Azalea.  I'm slightly familiar with Iggy and know nothing about Trixie.

From previews.  Really looking forward to seeing the chandelier in the pool eventually.

Ducks!  The shade on the swans!  RHOBH did not show us enough of Lisa's place. 

Diva Croquet looks fun!  High heels with spikes on the grass! What! Cocktail glasses wider then my head!  What!

Awwww.  Giggy.  RIP.  The First Dog of Bravo.

A Vanderpump tea set.  Sugar that looks like a q-tip. WHY didn't we see more of this on that other show?  Flowers in cookies.  I LOVE cucumber sandwiches.

I?  Enjoy Pandora and Jason.  For me, they fit in very well.  I know lots of people don't like her, but I appreciate her.  

I feel the laughter is real and unforced at the party.  Like they really are enjoying themselves and the company they are keeping. 

The Housewives taglines were good. 

I enjoyed it!

Next week: Jeff Lewis, Tori Spelling and LOTS of tequila.  

Reveal spoiler

They get pretty tipsy on the tequila....

Agreed! Especially with the bolded. it was a great episode! This is why I love LVP

I would love to know what Kyle and Rinna think. Why can't they ever have fun dinner parties like that? oh yeah,... because they're Kyle and Rinna (and they hang out with Erika and Teddi-the fun police).

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, dosodog said:

Trixie Mattel and Iggy Azalea.  I'm slightly familiar with Iggy and know nothing about Trixie. 

And I'm the opposite, never heard of Iggy and I worship at the altar of Trixie.

10 hours ago, dosodog said:

Right, such an easy going natural kind of energy.  It definitely helped that Ig and Trix already knew each other.  As far as I'm concerned, this show is 22 minutes of heaven.  I watch it with a cup of tea at 5:45 am, great way to start the day.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, dosodog said:

WHY didn't we see more of this on that other show? 

It's a shame that the HW's shows have become so over-the-top with the drama.  It's not necessary.  Most of us have been screaming at the TV for years for them to dial it back a notch!!  THIS is what a lot of us want to see!  In a world that seems to get meaner by the day, I just want this kind of fun show to look forward to after a long day of work and putting up with a doofus for a boss!   This and Escape to the Chateau are my guilty pleasures!  😉 

• Love 15