Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E4: Trash Talk

snarts
  • Start Topic

With the weekend finally upon them, the crew decides to let loose in an all-out mullet extravaganza. The debauchery continues when hit the beach for the first time this summer. Much to the chagrin of Paige and Amanda, Hannah and Luke reconcile. However, the real war begins when Kyle innocently calls a house meeting to discuss chores.

Air Date: 02/25/2021

• Love 1

Nevermind.

But I still think Amanda is weak.

Edited: Okay, I'm ready to take a stab. I was grossed out by this episode so after a short period of time I only had one eye on it. Amanda's house games were as sophomoric and stupid as Danielle's roller skating party. Actually even moreso. I'm over the wigs and the frat house antics, and I was IN a sorority and lived for Greek life. When I was 19-22 years old. 

Kyle has additional irritation towards Hannah and he should be clear about that. If Hannah, Page and Ciara aren't pulling their weight with the house chores because they sleep late, then Kyle should be addressing all three of them, not ganging up on Hannah. Now I get his frustration - I am a total neatnik and I like my spaces to be clean and orderly. But I didn't think it was fair that he only seemed to be addressing Hannah, and Amanda sat there and parroted what he was saying but wouldn't make eye contact. Lame. Again, I only had one eye on it so maybe I missed something. But at one point it was Kyle/Amanda and Lindsay/Stradivarius against Hannah and I didn't think that was fair. Regardless of the validity of the argument, I almost never think it is fair for couples to gang up on a singleton, especially because Lindsay has her own issues with Hannah and is more than ready to pile on. I don't really like that Hannah immediately goes below the belt but...is she right?

And I am no fan of Hannah. I almost vomited when she asked about what was showing on her backside and how that's kind of her brand. It's so beyond crass that I can't even repeat what she said. 

Ciara gets a pass because she only seems to be untidy about her own space, and I think it's a physical barrier to keep Luke out of her room and out of her bed 😄 Plus she's just come off the front lines of the pandemic which is more than we can say for anyone else in the house. I love how she described her upbringing with a mom who had boundaries as a parent. That's probably why she's so chill. She's respectful of boundaries and is a mature adult.

I get that they can't do much because of the pandemic but come on. I liked the beach outing, but why did we have to see Lindsay's pale posterior as much as we did? She has a trim figure but that bikini did nothing for her. I liked Paige's bikini. I noticed when Hannah was running around, she has no jiggle. A better fitting bikini would do wonders for her, as would a cut and some highlights, a smudged eye and a pale lip. Right now she's about as appealing as a jock strap.

I feel awful for Carl. That was a raw moment. I hope Lindsay was able to give him the emotional support he needed. I like how their friendship has developed. It seems real with no funny business (Whitney and Buddy on MBFFL come to mind, ew). 

Tragedy aside, skinnies on guys should be illegal. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, TeeMo said:

Ciara is the only likable person in this crew. Maybe Danielle but I forget she is there most of the time.

i like ciara also BUT  she watched this show  and knows what happened.  i don't believe for a nano second that as soon as she heard that luke was on it and that she would be too that she didn't binge watching it.  

i don't like either hannah or luke....i feel he did lead her on by his actions....heavy petting etc 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, christmaslights said:

ciara. enjoy your vacation then get the hell out of there and find a man worthy of you. luke is an idiot and you are a freaking queen.  he is but a rest stop in your life, keep driving. 

I really hope she realized how Luke really is and doesn't get sucked back in like Hannah apparently did yet again. She seemed to be giving him the cold shoulder this whole episode but that could always change. She really is so out of place with this group and it's a bit refreshing to see someone more mature because this group sure is lacking in that area! 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I feel so badly for Carl losing his brother. I hope they allow him to go home and see his family. Especially when the rest of the house is fighting and might not be supportive. 

My heart sank for him when this part came up. I follow him on IG but I completely forgot about it. I remember saying "Nooooooo" outloud last night while watching. Not only for his loss but also that it might affect his sobriety and he was doing so well! Hopefully he was able to stay strong and not start drinking again. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Is Lindsey lying about her age? I could have sworn she should be turning 36 this year, but I don’t remember why I thought that.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was lying, she definitely looks more older. I thought she was closer in age to Kyle. I also thought Kyle was maybe a year or two older too but now he's supposedly only 38. I'll have to rewatch the earlier seasons this weekend if I get bored to see if they mention their ages.

• Love 2

Oh man, watching Carl broke my heart. Shit, there’s nothing good to say. It sounds like he had a complicated relationship with his brother and a lot of issues that were still unresolved and that’s always rough. You never get to say the things and heal the wounds and you just have to live with things being in a bad place without anymore time to fix them. I will admit I don’t really keep up with Beavolebrities off of the show so I don’t know but I wouldn’t be shocked if he left the show to be in Pittsburg with his mom and niece for a while. Even I, OG Anti-Carl, can’t find anything but compassion for him right now.

I’m sort of on Kyle’s side about the fight. Hannah went immediately to this “I always clean up my own mess because I never make much mess anyway” argument that made me super suspicious that she doesn’t do shit and that she leaves lots of messes for everyone else. Kyle is always a condescending prick about these talks but he’s not wrong. This group probably does need a very structured cleaning schedule or the house will be unlivable in a week. Even Paige seemed to realize that just because she doesn’t care doesn’t mean she can expect everyone else not to care and that everyone has cabin fever and are starting to pick at each other. they need to get out more. Go to the beach or for a walk or something.

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she was lying, she definitely looks more older. I thought she was closer in age to Kyle. I also thought Kyle was maybe a year or two older too but now he's supposedly only 38. I'll have to rewatch the earlier seasons this weekend if I get bored to see if they mention their ages.

I think you're right - Kyle's 35th birthday was the one where they dressed up like redcoats and Lindsay/Everett allegedly did it in the bushes and were reported by a neighbor. That was filmed in 2017 and aired in 2018.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, christmaslights said:

take the trash outside Hannah. it's not like there is anything else going on. you podcast for a living, and I'm not sure how anyone would pay you for that. 

Right? There were so many solutions to her “too many stairs” problem. Take the trash out a couple of times a day. Pile it someplace out of sight and take it out once a day. Order a large trash can and large liners like the type you might see in a school cafeteria so it doesn’t fill up so quickly. It felt like when she volunteered she was thinking she’d be taking the trash out once a week as you do when you live alone. Not several times a day as you do when you live with 10 people making messes all day. She just doesn’t actually want to clean and is being pissy about it. I’m not a neat-nick by any stretch of the imagination but I hate it when people pull that shit. Cleaning is a pain in the ass. Few of us want to do it. Just grow up and pitch in already.

Although I do think that house is designed poorly and looks like a nightmare to actually live in.

• Love 11

Hannah's exhausting. Not a Kyle fan but he did not call her out, she did that herself by getting all defensive in a group discussion and then made personal attacks. She tries to be some badass chick but then quickly becomes the victim when things don't go her way.  Shitting all over Amanda for no reason other than she's too lazy to clean just shows what a true asshole she really is. Of all the cast, she's really feeling herself and I can't wait to see her wilt in the face of any backlash. 

That was heartbreaking watching Carl receive the news.  I don't remember, does he have other siblings?

2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think you're right - Kyle's 35th birthday was the one where they dressed up like redcoats and Lindsay/Everett allegedly did it in the bushes and were reported by a neighbor. That was filmed in 2017 and aired in 2018.

Far from a mathematician, but if Kyle turned 35 in 2017, he'd be 38 in 2020 🙂

Edited by snarts
Kyle/Carl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, snarts said:

Far from a mathematician, but if Kyle turned 35 in 2017, he'd be 38 in 2020 🙂

That is correct. This season was filmed in 2020. He turns 39 this forthcoming summer. Hannah yelled something about him being 39 but she’s off. I also thought he was on the cusp of 40 but he’s only 38.

• Love 2

speaking of age...

according to google, hanna is 29....way too old to be acting like such an idiot. most of us had real jobs and responsibilities, families, mortgages by 29...and she lays around doing a podcast and brags about things that are embarrassing to hear about.  

take out the trash, nobody wants to hear about how your tennis coach yelled at you.  people survive legitimate trauma and still take out the trash.

• Love 12
On 2/26/2021 at 9:35 AM, jaybird2 said:

i don't like either hannah or luke....i feel he did lead her on by his actions....heavy petting etc 

They're both awful. And, yes, he did play games with her. But she also hung around for seven freakin' months somehow hoping things would change - all the while judging Amanda for putting up with Kyle's "bad" treatment (he actually seems like a very devoted fiancee these days). Um, Hannah, you don't really have a leg to stand on when you let yourself be dragged along by Luke and his "sexy" motorcycle. Kyle was right when he said that Hannah needs to go find a real relationship - then maybe she can talk.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Luke and his "sexy" motorcycle.

LMAO 😂.  Nailed it.  Between that and his lame AF work table that is like a 6th grade shop project, this dude is a joke.  He was so proud bragging to his parents about his 2x4 nailed together.  

Hannah continues to be gross. Can’t take the trash out because you are lazy and unhygienic.  And then to blame it on men yelling at her?  Sorry you hate your dad  tennis coach.   

Dang Carl.  My heart breaks for you and your mom.  Dang dang dang.

If anyone cares, I picked up some Members Mark Rose and cut into it today.  I promise you, it tastes like Whispering Angel.  At half the price!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 2/26/2021 at 8:11 PM, christmaslights said:

speaking of age...

according to google, hanna is 29....way too old to be acting like such an idiot. most of us had real jobs and responsibilities, families, mortgages by 29...and she lays around doing a podcast and brags about things that are embarrassing to hear about.  

take out the trash, nobody wants to hear about how your tennis coach yelled at you.  people survive legitimate trauma and still take out the trash.

I'm kind of prepared to give Hannah a little bit of a pass for her being unable to interact reasonably.  She led a different kind of childhood than the others, being tied into Tennis as much as she was.  She didn't get to develop her social skills the way she should have (and the others have done).  She even reminded us in her TH as to how she's been spoken to by the men in her life her entire life, including the flashback with her dad admitting there were things he never should have said to her.  There are many female athletes out there (most notably, Michelle Wie and Serena and Venus) that have had that same kind of upbringing (and been far more successful financially) as Hannah.  I don't see any of them behaving what we would call normally.

It's no way to raise a useful human being..  Seriously.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Thumper said:

What??? This show is on again?   I’m way behind.  Is it worth watching the previous episodes?  

Maybe I’ll just read comments ... 

Comments will be enough. You won't miss anything by not watching.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, MV713 said:

Especially now that Hannah is engaged to Des.  Like the whole season of Luke will not matter one bit now.

I applaud you for giving credit that it ever did matter.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 3/3/2021 at 1:21 PM, MV713 said:

Especially now that Hannah is engaged to Des.  Like the whole season of Luke will not matter one bit now.

but how does she  out live all the 'he ejaculated in my mouth 3 times'?  not something i would want my future husband and inlaws seeing.  also, what does this guy see in her?  he's a lot older and  she's immature....bet lindsey is eaten up with jealousy 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6