Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Moving In

• Start Topic

I think we can all agree that the star of this episode was the white cat that Kat was holding, who was clearly hugging her back and even did an adorable head boop to her shoulder. I honestly don't even remember what else was happening in that scene because I was too busy cooing over that sweetie pie.

• Love 9

I thought this was one of the best episodes yet despite some annoying things, like Kat keeping the wedding photo of Randi's boyfriend, and her showing it to Phil when she should KNOW he can't keep his mouth shut.  I was against that meanwhile I wasn't even against her absconding with the cat food, LOL.   Also funny was the unintended photo mix-up.  A typical sitcom-ish trope but at least funny!

Also, the president's speech wrecked up my DVR recording on Comcast.  Fortunately I was able to watch it on "On Demand".  It also wrecked up my recording of "Hell's Kitchen".

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

I think we can all agree that the star of this episode was the white cat that Kat was holding, who was clearly hugging her back and even did an adorable head boop to her shoulder. I honestly don't even remember what else was happening in that scene because I was too busy cooing over that sweetie pie.

Only if we can agree that the close second was the cat on the lap of the Mr. Buttinsky customer. The way it was bopping its head back and forth between what the guy was holding in each hand, I swear they must have been marinated in catnip. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

If I want to watch cute cats, there are 1000 places on the internet where I could watch 24 hours of kitty content a day without Kat as an annoying side plot. 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

That white kitty cat Kat was holding is a superstar. She was so cute hugging into Kat and bopping her head onto her shoulder, what a sweet cuddly kitty. All of the cats on the show are such adorable cuddle bugs, all the applause for the shows cat wranglers. 

The episode itself was alright, but I am still riding my kitty cat high. Look, my apartment doesn't allow pets, let me have this...

• Love 7

The episode was okay.  I noticed Kat's asides to the camera were greatly reduced.

One thing that didn't work for me was her repeatedly sending her "sexy" pic to Max.  It's not that she sent it to the wrong person, although one would think for something like that she'd be extra super careful, but that he got the first pic on his camera right as she was coming through the door.

It's hard to believe his cell service is that slow.  They're in a city; not in the middle of nowhere. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Aulty said:

If I want to watch cute cats, there are 1000 places on the internet where I could watch 24 hours of kitty content a day without Kat as an annoying side plot. 😄

Oh, I know, for sure.  I'm just sort of rooting for this show to settle in and find its place.  Especially after watching Miranda - I didn't love everything about that, but I definitely found it worth watching.

I'd like to give props to Mayim where the white kitty is concerned because if you don't know how to hold a cat and appreciate the fact that they are deigning to allow you, a lowly human to hold them, they are not going to cooperate, much less adore you. I can't remember seeing an actor ever have such chemistry with more than one cat; usually the cat is drugged up or is stiff and nervous next to a stranger.

I'm just saying, I think Mayim might be a cat whisperer. That rare individual that cats just adore. My mother is like that.

The episode itself was alright, but I am still riding my kitty cat high. Look, my apartment doesn't allow pets, let me have this...

Good news @tennisgurl, you are exactly the customer cat cafes are meant for!

Edited by PinkRibbons
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

I think we can all agree that the star of this episode was the white cat that Kat was holding, who was clearly hugging her back and even did an adorable head boop to her shoulder.

And I believe it's the same kitty that did the same thing a couple of episodes ago. I had posted about the white cat giving her a hug after that episode. So sweet 🙂 

Kat why take the bag of cat food back aren't you going to need it? Just go back and pay for it.

I agree Kat should've told/showed Randi the picture as soon as she found it. And why did she take the picture if she wasn't going to tell her?

12 hours ago, Harvey said:

I have to say the actor's hobbit accent was really good, which surprised me.

I thought the opposite, actually 😅

As for Daniel's shotgun wedding story: I know someone who did exactly that. Highschool sweethearts, had a big family wedding in their early 20s and got it anulled 2 weeks later. 10 years on he is now married with 4 kids and happy as a peach. They can all laugh about it and his now wife thinks the story is hilarious.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Also, the president's speech wrecked up my DVR recording on Comcast.  Fortunately I was able to watch it on "On Demand".

Screwed mine up too, and while I admire this show and am rooting for it to find its own voice, there is no way it's worth watching commercials.

• Love 1

Remember the old days when you had the 'straight person'.... the one who reacted and set up the punchline (i.e. bob newhart, Mary Tyler Moore, etc).

I'm wondering if perhaps Kat, eccentric as she is, would be best written as the person who reacts to the crazy, etc?

The scenes that work best for me is when Mayim reacts to the crazy around her.  She may be viewed by society as weird...but ironically society is it's own crazy set of weird.

Her scenes with her mom, co workers, etc work best when they're out there with her reaction to them.

• Love 2

Besides the adorable white pampered puss and the Mr. Buttinsky support cat, I was not impressed with the show.  If I was moving in with a boyfriend, I would expect said boyfriend to be present and do the heaving moving.  I wouldn't let some guy get away with getting away with not helping me move regardless of his lame ass excuse.  So the plot had me irritated from the get go.  Of course, everyone else is conveniently unavailable to help except Kat.  Why is Randi mad at her that her boyfriend is a liar or misrepresentater?  Oddly enough, Swoosie as Mom didn't bother me in this episode.  Again, I enjoyed the waving.  And "Bad To The Bone"!

22 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I find it kind of interesting that Daniel's last episode doesn't even have him in it. 

Yeah, it's weird that so much of their relationship happened offscreen. We saw him meet Randi and I thought that was it, but later Randi mentioned that they were dating. He came back briefly, but we mostly heard about their relationship through Randi, including the breakup. Likewise, we haven't met Kat's mom's boyfriend Preston, and only briefly met one of Phil's dates and the new guy dating his ex. I don't know if this is a Covid-related decision to limit the number of actors on set, or a storytelling decision, but compared to other sitcoms about people with active dating lives, it's strange to me that we barely see any of their dates.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:18 AM, icemiser69 said:

So if Randi had been "involved" with Carter in the past, Carter would have been willing to help her move?  Again I hope I am totally misreading that.  I already dislike the guy from the episode that aired last week, I do not need anymore reasons to not like the guy, even if the comment he made to Randi in this episode was a joke.

The way I understood it was that he was still holding out hope they would have their time and her moving in with another man meant they would never be able to have their time in the future. 

• Love 2

It still makes him a dick that he was using his desire for her as an excuse not to help her. That alone is enough to disqualify him from a future relationship, since he's obviously in it only for his own gratification and not because he actually cares about her. Gross.

• Love 4

This was another bad episode. The only thing I liked was the tiny bit of Max character development. 

The thing I hate about these hybrid workplace comedies is how overinvolved everyone is with their coworkers' lives. 

Kat was way out of line with Randi. And what a stupid relationship Randi and Daniel had. He was an asshole the first time they met, he was controlling and overbearing, and then they're moving in together, only to break up offscreen? Also, I'm so tired of the stereotype of sassy Black woman. 

Kat needs to learn how retail promotions work. Businesses can change or stop special offers at any time, even "permanent" ones. And why would she be buying cat food from a small mom-and-pop store instead of looking for better deals?

Did she do any research before opening her own business? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SmithW6079 said:

I thought about that, and it's laudable, but there must be other pet stores where the owner isn't an asshole. 

Cat shelters buy their food and supplies from the most inexpensive vendor -- who delivers.  I guess Kat doesn't like cost effectiveness to impact her profit margin.

6 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Cat shelters buy their food and supplies from the most inexpensive vendor -- who delivers.  I guess Kat doesn't like cost effectiveness to impact her profit margin.

Which leads me back to my original question: did Kat do any research before opening her cafe? All signs point to no.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

Maybe she wants to support local businesses?

Yeah, I just figured she lives in this magical part of town that has its own business council, every store is across the street from every other store, and they all only shop at each others’ businesses. 

1 hour ago, SmithW6079 said:

I thought about that, and it's laudable, but there must be other pet stores where the owner isn't an asshole. 

To be fair, he apparently didn’t display his assholeness until now. 

• Love 1

What I found distracting is that if a cat cafe couldn't buy enough cat food to reach the reward threshold before the program expired, then probably no one else did, either.

We all think this stuff through way more than the writers of the show do, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Or maybe Kat did the research and getting the tenth huge bag free was more cost effective than other stores.  And maybe you can stop a promotion any time you want, but the customer is also allowed to be irate about it.  Not to the point of stealing, but frankly, the guy didn't seem all that worked up about it.  Even if she was on camera, most shop owners would have tried to stop the theft before having to deal with police or lawsuits. The comment above about if Kat couldn't rack up enough points before the promotion ended, who could? was even more telling about how soon the guy ended the promotion.  It looks like he had no intention of allowing anyone to collect...added up that Kat could collect next trip and ended the promotion.

Man, I just watch and enjoy the show and then you all make me think too hard about it...about a sitcom!  

• LOL 4
On 3/15/2021 at 10:23 AM, possibilities said:

It still makes him a dick that he was using his desire for her as an excuse not to help her. That alone is enough to disqualify him from a future relationship, since he's obviously in it only for his own gratification and not because he actually cares about her. Gross.

Her response to him was something along the lines of "that's never going to happen," so I think he's disqualified (for now, since I'm sure the show runners will pair the two Black sidekicks up at some point in the future). 

On 3/16/2021 at 1:39 PM, sugarbaker design said:

Seriously, I watch sitcoms for the occasional chuckle, not a critique of a fictional character's business acumen.

You must be new here. I would recommend not reading the "Bob's Burgers" threads then, because over there, we're all overly involved in wanting Bob's restaurant to be far more successful than it is.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

You must be new here. 

Nope.

10 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I would recommend not reading the "Bob's Burgers" threads then, because over there, we're all overly involved in wanting Bob's restaurant to be far more successful than it is.

I wouldn't dream of going to that thread.