Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: The Wellstone Agency

paigow
  • Start Topic

AIRING FEB 12, 2021

Red and Dembe go to great lengths to fulfill the final wishes of a dear friend; Aram goes under cover as an interpreter to a company that provides services to criminals; Park helps a friend in trouble.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, paigow said:

Huey Lewis guest star!!! Number 1 on the Glenlist

Is it wrong that I hope that Red and Keen end up in a room together and they start playing 'Stuck with You' in the background ? 

Or even better -- Reddington breaks out into song mid-episode, singing the way more appropriate 'Doing it all for my Baby' ?

The ultimate -- the episode ends as Agnes strolls off into the distance with the dogs and Robert Vesco's cat to 'If This Is It'.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • LOL 2
On 2/10/2021 at 6:26 PM, paigow said:

Red and Dembe go to great lengths to fulfill the final wishes of a dear friend;

Hoping those "final wishes" are from Keen before Red shoots her to death, making this The Best Episode EVAH.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Nice tribute for Clark/Glen!!!!

It's true: Glen wasn't afraid. He wanted to steal Red's money when Red was in jail last season. Dembe/Bill shot that idea down quickly.

Poor Glen! The last person he probably spoke to was Liz when she tried to recruit him. Shouldn't go out after hearing her voice.

Huey Lewis pulling out the "We are the World "card on Red. Bold move!

I was waiting for the moment Red pulled a gun on Huey in his home or kidnap one of the News and ordered him to be at the DMV tonight.......or else! 

No Liz again (except for a photo when she was in her 20s)! Someone pinch me through the computer screen! I'm dreaming!
What language is Liz speaking for the Wellstone Agency to translate? Douche? A-Hole?

Does Red have a spy in the Post office that requires Cooper to always tell Aram to "make sure Red doesn't know!"?

Aram put the pill in his mouth that was lying on that dirty table. Where is his FBI training to kiss it to the sky to remove the cooties!

Were the two people the Wellstone Agency HR lady walked in with to catch Aram on the computer supposed to be "muscle"? Even Aram could have handled those 3 easily in a fist fight.

Shows how much Cooper respects/values Aram. He is sent undercover and there is no back up to follow him. 

They couldn't find a more stereotypical looking Loan Shark?  

Mr. Loan Shark! That's what you get when you can't help Park finish her crossword puzzle. All she wanted was a five letter word.

Can Park save a little of that aggression and ash tray for the next time she sees Liz?

We see a Red pill! Mention of the "Matrix"! Why didn't Red instruct Mr. Frayne to crawl around the cubicles for a while to dodge the cops and then have him go outside on the ledge?

Cooper actually believe he and Red are on the same team. The man is delusional and should resign immediately.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

@mxc90, your post was better than this episode. I was looking forward to tonight, but this had to be one of the dumbest episodes of this series ever, and that's a pretty low bar to go under. Yes to the tribute to Glen, but everything else? Holy carp. Only MXC90's recap saved it and made me glad I came here to read it.

Also wondering what Huey Lewis has on Spader.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

@mxc90, your post was better than this episode. I was looking forward to tonight, but this had to be one of the dumbest episodes of this series ever, and that's a pretty low bar to go under. Yes to the tribute to Glen, but everything else? Holy carp. Only MXC90's recap saved it and made me glad I came here to read it.

Also wondering what Huey Lewis has on Spader.

Thanks! All the credit goes to the show's useless writers. They provide the crap material that's a joy to rip! 

The Wellstone plot was so dumb. I was helping Aram translate showing my middle finger!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I think that's the first time we've ever seen Dembe crack a joke.

This is at least the second example where we have seen a celebrity in awe of Raymond Reddington, which I find strange. Being on the FBI's Most Wanted list does not make one a conventional celebrity. Did Whitey Bulger hang around with musicians and media people?

While Aram's plot was silly, it's good to see him get the spotlight for a change. Also, he was way cooler undercover than he would have been in the past. The bad guys catch him snooping and he starts giving them shit! Wonder where he learned that trick...

Agent Park now owes Red a favor. Let's hope he asks her to shoot Liz because she's the only one who will do it.

Touching tribute to Glen. I thought the twist would be that Huey actually did know Glen but it turns out he's just really good at improvising.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

Agent Park now owes Red a favor. Let's hope he asks her to shoot Liz because she's the only one who will do it.

ATTENTION WRITERS TAKE NOTE OF THIS ↑

Very likely and she wouldn't even flinch.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

This is at least the second example where we have seen a celebrity in awe of Raymond Reddington, which I find strange. Being on the FBI's Most Wanted list does not make one a conventional celebrity. Did Whitey Bulger hang around with musicians and media people?

Touching tribute to Glen. I thought the twist would be that Huey actually did know Glen but it turns out he's just really good at improvising.

I was hoping it was reveled to be Dembe that came up with some scheme to get Huey to arrive. Just having the manager drop Red's name was weak.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

Do I need to show you "THIS" picture again????

Seriously, looking at that picture, you would guess that the OTHER guy is the celebrity,

and the OTHER guy is the druglord.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, preeya said:

And Dembe snuck in the "Power Of Love" remark.

And of course the obvious "Huey Lewis and the Muse" remark.

I rather enjoyed seeing Reddington rant about Glen's irresponsibility in dying without permission.  He was worked up.

• Love 3

Wow !! That's 2 Lizzie free episodes in a row.  Too bad we couldn't have the rest of the season this wey.
Heck, even Ressler was barely in the episode.

I really liked the Glen memorial/tribute plot.  Lots of Huey Lewis song references scattered throughout, but Spader must owe Huey money or something.

The Wellstone plot and the Park nonsense was just beyond stupid.  Even for this show.

Still no sign of the dogs or Robert Vesco's cat.

• Love 2

Dembe stole ashes from a pet crematorium... maybe the MIA animals are there...

Huey Lewis is now an accomplice to several federal crimes... maybe HE will inherit the Reddington empire....

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I guess I maybe maybe would have liked this episode if I were a Huey Lewis fangurl, but I'm not. Yeah, I know the name and whatnot, but I couldn't name any of his songs and wouldn't recognize him if he were sitting in front of me, even if he had on a name tag.

Glen, yeah, I'm all for memorializing Glen and giving an episode in his honor. But the HL part was just so ... out there and whack. Made this episode mega stupid for me instead of a tribute to one of my fav characters/actors. I still say HL should have really known Glen on the side, which would have fit with Glen's ability to make things happen and people appear. THEN this would have been stellar ep instead of a stupid ep.

Although yeah, no AGENT Keen was a plus. Maybe the only plus.

Good point about the pet crematorium @paigow. Explains where the dogs and cat (maybe) are, or aren't ...

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

Not that I miss the character, but two eps in a row with no Liz is rather strange to say the least. 

Nice to see Reddington get not only decent screen time, but show his funny side for a change - this season he's been far more serious. I miss the wisecracking Reddington. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Msample said:

Not that I miss the character, but two eps in a row with no Liz is rather strange to say the least. 

Nice to see Reddington get not only decent screen time, but show his funny side for a change - this season he's been far more serious. I miss the wisecracking Reddington. 

This is likely what the series was supposed to be.... Spader talking... A lot

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Wasn't Reddington really ill a couple of episodes ago ?  Getting ready to sign over all his worldly possessions after he dies to Lizzie.  I mean he was coughing up blood right before Lizzie tried to blow him up.. 

That seems to have completely disappeared.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Wasn't Reddington really ill a couple of episodes ago ?  Getting ready to sign over all his worldly possessions after he dies to Lizzie.  I mean he was coughing up blood right before Lizzie tried to blow him up.. 

That seems to have completely disappeared.

Red only coughs up blood when Liz is in the episode...

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Thouroughly enjoyed this episode even though it had it's ridiculous moments. As far as I'm concerned, this show would be so much better if they wrote Megan Boone out and just had Spader and his Blacklist as the main plot lines. His off the grid associates and assorted freaks and weirdos that work for him plus the Blacklist bad guys provide enough entertainment for a full hour and then some. She's just not essential to the the show anymore and her being this badass rogue FBI agent is comical. Just let Spader be the star and move on. RIP Clarke Middleton.

• Love 6

Ok, must’ve dozed off.  Was the bearded deaf colonel really the leader or someone else?

Aramlooking at the computer for ten seconds and finding the right person was too much though.  
That the ratings for this dreck are high says a lot about the populace.

58 minutes ago, CaptainE said:

Ok, must’ve dozed off.  Was the bearded deaf colonel really the leader or someone else?

I was surprised when they referred to him as 'The Colonel', that he wasn't wearing a bowtie and had a bucket of chicken on his desk when he met with Red and Aram.  He had white hair and beard after all.   :)

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I was surprised when they referred to him as 'The Colonel'

How has it been so many days and nobody mentioned that Red likes Colonel Angus????

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 1

Also a big thanks to mcx90 for the recap because once again while I remembered this was coming on, I was flipping back and forth and missed pieces.  Did pay attention long enough to notice no Liz which is turning out to be a good thing.

As soon as Agent Park uttered that sentence to Red I knew what was coming next.  Way to telegraph Blacklist writers.  It's like they don't have an original thought in their heads or figure we don't notice/care about these things.

Someone in another blog mentioned the Colonel and the red pill reminding them of The Matrix.  It was nice seeing Aram in the field not being a total dunce.

I liked the tribute to Glen and I liked seeing Huey Lewis but agree it would have been better if he had actually known Glen.

As for that thumb drive, how many episodes until Red knows the task force has it?  Will it be Aram slipping or whoever this person is who he decides to ask for help with said drive?  In either case, it'll still be Aram's fault that Red finds out.

And yes, the less of Ressler the better.  Really you can say that for the whole task force.  They really have been made out to be almost completely inept and bordering on buffoonery.

• Love 1
On 2/15/2021 at 11:30 AM, CaptainE said:

Aramlooking at the computer for ten seconds and finding the right person was too much though.  
That the ratings for this dreck are high says a lot about the populace.

Nah, to me it just says that there are a lot of people still here for Red and Dembe. I think about quitting but I always continue watching because Spader and Tisham Tawfiq bring it.

My wish for the series finale is for Red and Dembe to be left standing after the smoke clears, but with Red's condition thats not likely.

And yes, the Colonel was the leader.

I loved the Glenn tribute!

Don't miss Liz at all. Still have a soft spot for Aram, but he does bug sometimes. Ressler's character is as dull as dishwater now but at least he's still pretty to look at.