Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E03: Hell Caesar!

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Just watched it on YouTube. Looked like the one girl was tripped out on drugs or something during the pleasure trip, but nothing came of it. The losing team nominated the wrong 2 & GR overrode them. Rightly so. But, what's the point of having them put up names anyway? A funny bit w/ the men struggling to peel quail eggs. I now have a strong craving for a delicious crisp Caesar salad. Anchovies & egg yolks & parmesan--- yes!

Edited by NowVoyager

Fuck off, Lauren.

If Fabiola were really and truly sick I feel badly for her, but I do not feel badly for how I feel that she CHOSE to wear that outfit dune buggy riding.

Honestly GRR could have bounced Fabiola and Jordin both and the red team would have been just fine.

• Love 8

When the Red Team were talking, I seriously wondered if Jordan was wearing an invisibility cloak or something because she was fucking TERRIBLE. And her name never even came up? I could see them opting to give Fabi a pass because she was "sick", but Jordan? If they had walked in with Lauren and Jordan, I think he would have at least accepted it, especially if someone pointed out that LAuren spent the whole time asking what to do next.

Edited by CoyoteBlue
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Fabiola clearly had some kind of medical issue, if the guy's hand she was clutching to do her final confessional outside Hell's Kitchen was any indication.

48 minutes ago, CoyoteBlue said:

When the Red Team were talking, I seriously wondered if Jordan was wearing an invisibility cloak or something because she was fucking TERRIBLE.

She seemed to have a little clique protecting her. I was amazed Ramsay didn't even bring up the fact she brought the wrong meat to the pass (New York strip instead of Beef Wellington).

Josh on the blue team has a very punchable face. There's a lot of cannon fodder on the blue team, too, but I hope he goes soon. He looks like the high school quarterback who never grew up.

• Love 1

Lauren and her "I'm a pretty girl and they're picking on the pretty girl" ummm, no?  I personally don't find her that pretty so that was actually pretty funny to me.

I, too, could get them nominating Lauren as long as they also nominated Jordan or Fabiola.  But to nominate Nickie when she had a good week?  That's a big no.  Fabiola was a good choice to leave, but I would have been good with Jordan leaving as well.  I also think Fabiola took some drugs while on the day-trip.  I get that she could have been dehydrated, but the freak-out seemed way beyond that.  Whatever it was, she really is best off leaving as the pressure is just going to increase as contestants are sent home and the stronger ones move towards the finale.

As for Marc?  He totally over-inflates his worth as he took credit for the win and ignored his messed-up Caesar salad.  Declan needs to ignore him though-if he lets Marc get to him, he'll start making mistakes and find himself out.  

I think the smartest contestant there is the one guy who kept reading the recipe book/manual.  It looked like he really was studying the info while trying to stay out of the drama.

• Love 4

Marc (yep, finally learned his name) seemed to have been taught to go after the biggest motherfucker in the place to flex and show dominance. I'm am soooo here for it. Looking forward to watching him and Declan go at it. I love watching gnats get swatted.

Adam's beard still frightens me. It just doesn't look safe. That beard shouldn't be allowed to be around food. Or small children.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, eXiled said:

Adam's beard still frightens me. It just doesn't look safe. That beard shouldn't be allowed to be around food. Or small children.

In the past they've shown these guys smoking like crazy.  Can you imagine what Adam's beard SMELLS like, if he smokes????

• Love 1
On 1/22/2021 at 10:51 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Why does everyone look like they don't shower/bath/do the basics of hygiene? 

They all gross me out, so I can't even enjoy watching for snark's sake.

Probably because your observation is right. Some people are just slobs.

That beard guy needs to put a hairnet on that monstrosity. It really lowers the GR brand to know he is allowing someone that ignorant of basic sanitary hygiene to work in his kitchen.

The fat slob with the plumbers crack should have been tossed from the kitchen for the same reason. 

When Gordon picked the correct two for elimination, it was obvious Jordan, otherwise known as Robin  Version 2.0, was staying. No way a stock HK character gets booted this early in the season. 

Overall, there does seem to be some actual talent in this group, more so than some earlier seasons, although we still get a lot of the standard HK stereotypes mixed in. 

• Love 3
On 1/24/2021 at 7:53 PM, MajorWoody said:

The fat slob with the plumbers crack should have been tossed from the kitchen for the same reason

In all fairness, Drew was losing his pants because he was ill and losing weight rapidly. He dropped 22 pounds in a week, spent 10 days in the ICU with rhabdomyolysis, and has permanent kidney damage from his stint on Hell's Kitchen.

https://screenrant.com/hells-kitchen-drew-tingley-health-issues-scare-elimination/

1 hour ago, Lukeysboat said:

In all fairness, Drew was losing his pants because he was ill and losing weight rapidly. He dropped 22 pounds in a week, spent 10 days in the ICU with rhabdomyolysis, and has permanent kidney damage from his stint on Hell's Kitchen.

https://screenrant.com/hells-kitchen-drew-tingley-health-issues-scare-elimination/

In all fairness, Drew's illness doesn't seem to have been caused by "his stint on Hell's Kitchen."  During the filming is when it became obvious and he received medical treatment as soon as there was a realization that he was ill.  Given how most men are about going to the doctor, he may have received treatment SOONER because of being on the show. 

According to the article, "Rhabdomyolysis is a syndrome that occurs due to muscle injury. Muscle fibers die and subsequently release their contents into the bloodstream. Serious complications can occur, including kidney failure. Drew was very lucky to catch the problem early enough for it to be treated."

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

n all fairness, Drew's illness doesn't seem to have been caused by "his stint on Hell's Kitchen."  During

Yes, you’re right. I didn’t phrase my thoughts well; I was trying to say that his pants were likely falling down because of the rapid weight loss he experienced during that week. I was not trying to say that HK caused his illness. Thank you for the clarification.

Edited by Lukeysboat
Typo 🙄
  • Love 1