Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Life-altering News

• Start Topic

Tammy looks like she gained the weight Amy lost.  It's ridiculous that she's blaming the pandemic for her weight gain since all she did before the pandemic was stay home and eat.   Amy is looking better, but I noticed at that family bbq that she wasn't holding back.  She made the remark "I'm eating for two now".  If she keeps that up she'll have her stomach stretched back out in no time. 

I can't believe the brother thought he weighed 200 pounds, I could tell  he weighed much more than that.  At least he was able to find a scale big enough for Tammy.  She needs to do something, just walking to the dam mailbox she looked like she was going to have a heart attack.  Hopefully her "boyfriend" isn't a feeder.

• Love 9

I am so glad at least one other person besides me wants to post on this train wreak of a show.

Apparently Tammy has alienated herself from the rest of her siblings.......shocker!  She is such a pleasant person to be around.  I think the bother is stepping in for Amy for filming as I can imagine coddling Tammy 24/7 is exhausting and she is now in a high risk pregnancy. 

Tammy takes ZERO responsibility for her weight.  ZERO! Its either Amy's fault or the pandemic blah blah blah.  She is worse then most on my 600LB life.  I too did not believe for a minute she only gained 40LBs back.  I thought for sure it would show 100LB plus.  

So SevenConstanza it might be just you and me posting on this show.  See you next week for the next installment of My Miserable Life as a 1000LB sister.  HA!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

On this show and My 600 lb. Life, I play a little game with myself: When anyone is about to step on a scale, I make a guess and see how close I can get. I'm usually pretty good, and last night I nailed with the brother. I said 420 and he was exactly that.  I was off on Tammy, though. 

That scene of the family having a cookout was just depressing. .And listening to 420-lb. brother lecture his sister was just crazy. He could barely wheeze out the criticism

• Love 6
5 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Tammy looks like she gained the weight Amy lost.  It's ridiculous that she's blaming the pandemic for her weight gain since all she did before the pandemic was stay home and eat.   Amy is looking better, but I noticed at that family bbq that she wasn't holding back.  She made the remark "I'm eating for two now".  If she keeps that up she'll have her stomach stretched back out in no time. 

I have a theory about this. They always have to weigh 1000 pounds between the two of them, so if Amy loses weight, Tammy has to gain weight. 🙂

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

You know I gained a little weight during the pandemic; but I am adult enough to know it's my doing. They need to grow up and realize if they want it to change they have to put in the effort.

Also I gained 10 pounds and weigh 132, I hope to heavens I never get in such a state.

• Love 7

Amy had that same stupid smirk talking about her pregnancy as she did when admitting she ate solid food too soon after her surgery.  I couldn’t believe how much she was eating at the cookout, people who were successful after WLS tend to have really small meals.  

Tammy seems like a lost cause.  She just wants someone to do all the work for her.  I gained a good bit of weight but I know it’s not the pandemic’s fault.  I am entirely responsible for what I eat.

I think the brother said he “should” weigh 200 at his height, he did know he was overweight but was surprised at how much. 

Edited by Caoimhe
  • Love 15

I don't understand it, but I find that out of all the reality shows I watch (and there's a passel of them), these two women are the only ones I really care about.  Their cackling, their obscenely fat bellies hanging there, Tammy's forehead lipoma and her missing tooth--I just want to hug her.  I care about Amy, too, but I think she's going to be OK.

But I genuinely like both of them, much as they make me shudder and avert my eyes.  One of life's great mysteries.

• Love 7

I liked the part where Tammy was telling her brother "the only thing Amy does for me..." and then lists, cooking, laundry, taking out trash.
So unless I blinked, they don't see Dr. Proctor until next week.  I thought that was the preview they kept showing.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Caoimhe said:

Tammy seems like a lost cause.  She just wants someone to do all the work for her.  I gained a good bit of weight but I know it’s not the pandemic’s fault.  I am entirely responsible for what I eat.

Seems like most of the poundicipants on these shows want someone to do the work for them...which is physically impossible. How can someone else eat or exercise or attend therapy FOR YOU?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, auntjess said:

I liked the part where Tammy was telling her brother "the only thing Amy does for me..." and then lists, cooking, laundry, taking out trash.
So unless I blinked, they don't see Dr. Proctor until next week.  I thought that was the preview they kept showing.

And grocery shopping. 

• Love 2

The brother is obviously very overweight but at least he takes responsibility for it. He's not blaming his poundage on his upbringing, spouse, siblings or covid. This alone puts him light years ahead of Tammy in my view. I also like that he stuck up for Amy and set Tammy straight on who's to blame for her crappy life situation, herself. 

For these reasons I'm willing to give him a chance.

• Love 15

Also, I don't know if Amy drives or not, but her husband has been driving both of them to and from Atlanta, and I imagine for all of their shopping and medical trips at home too.    Braving Atlanta traffic is no small task, especially when the husband is used to driving where there isn't much traffic. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Mothra said:

Somebody please tell Tammy to stop doing that with her eyebrows.

I told my stepdaughter that it looks like my 7 year old granddaughter (who does her own eyebrows when playing) did them.  LOL

• LOL 3

Somebody please tell Tammy to stop doing that with her eyebrows.

I am so distracted by so many other things I don't think I have noticed her eyebrows.  I most certainly will check it out next time.  What is up with woman plucking their brows so much they need to draw them back on anyway?  I haven't plucked my eyebrows in over a decade.  They look fine.  but I am not hairy either so there's that.

• Love 1