Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: My Everything

• Start Topic

Airs December 29, 2020:

Ethan and Olivia continue their California adventure and veer into an unexpected tantric experience. Kim, Barry, Micah, Moriah and the younger children unite for a tender remembrance of their late son and brother, Joshua.

Seriously. I can’t wait for the Father Plath smackdown.

I like Olivia. I like that she’s got some form of confidence, she’s well spoken and she seems to be good with her camera. I am excited for Ethan to stand up to his weird ass condescending freak show parents and defend his wife. Ethan and Olivia and all of the children deserve to be happy.

Moriah practically had to peel one of the younger ones off of her. The younger ones miss the older ones so much. My heart broke for Lydia, again. They really do seem like sweet kids and they all love each other. Barry and Kim are terrible, horrible people for the way they are manipulating and restricting their children and using the younger ones as pawns against the older ones. It can’t be said enough. They need mental health resources, badly. 

Oh and Barry we caught your little dig towards Moriah at the cemetery about making “time” to show up. GFY.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Oh and Barry we caught your little dig towards Moriah at the cemetery about making “time” to show up. GFY.

These parents have SO MANY ISSUES.  They've needed grief therapy, parenting classes, and spankings (and I'm AGAINST spanking!).

13 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I feel like this tantric thing is too intimate and it should be a private experience for Olivia and Ethan.

Let's hope they DID get into the "private experience."

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I mentioned this on the last episode thread, that it feels like now that I know Olivia better this season, she's more fucked up, emotionally, than Ethan is. And her reaction when he said she was his everything? I get that you should be your own person before you're a partner but these two are so far behind that curve that the horse is not only out of the barn, it's in another state at this point so why not just appreciate how damn much your husband loves you?!? I'm glad that shaman lady was able to guide them through that, and it really showed how damaged Olivia is. It actually made me feel like Ethan has the potential for emotional intelligence, but Olivia, not so much. I did like that he got her a new wedding set and I get the reasoning she had for not wanting the one his mother helped choose BUT...I know a lot about diamonds and jewelry and that engagement ring he got her cannot possibly be real diamonds unless they're getting a shitload of money from TLC and their living expenses are close to nil. That ring looked quite pricey, hard to tell without a closer look, but at least in the $7-10k range if it's decent graded diamonds...

When the family went to the cemetery to 'visit' their dead child/brother? On camera? How much more fame whorish can these parents be?! To agree to that scene was just disgusting and horrifying to me. And the way the father 'broke down' and apologized for it, and the way he spoke about immediately deciding to never blame Kim for running over their child...I mean she IS responsible, she DID do that, and while laying blame isn't going to bring that child back, at least work that shit out in family therapy FFS! These two need CPS visits to ensure the safety of the younger girls. I pity the children so much, but like the Sister Wives shitshow, as soon as the kids reach a certain age they high tail it out of dodge and start living their real lives. I only hope Lydia will wake up and see the light one day soon. She's a lovely person and deserves so much more than being the nanny to her parents brood.

I missed the previews for next weeks finale, what did I miss? Maybe Ethan will finally defend his wife.

• Love 5

I think Olivia is a nice person but it would be exhausting to be around her. She seems to need constant validation and to know she is always right. The phrase “you are my everything “ is not meant to be literal. I don’t know if she has any friends herself, but she needs to appreciate her husband and maybe like look for friends to talk to about her feelings.

My mother in law has  insulted me the whole 25 years I’ve been married so I get why it upsets her, but she needs to understand that the important thing is having her husband love her.

In regard to baby Joshua’s accident, I still don’t understand why Kim would have all the older kids in the car but leave a one year by himself while she drove away. I know she wasn’t going far but babies can’t be left alone. I did see real grief from Barry, but Kim is just so stoic. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 1

Olivia is always diminishing Ethan in whatever he does. There is a lecture about why he should do what she wants, even when he agrees with her. She has control issues. When he affirmed to her I was waiting for her to say "bless your heart" at the end of her acknowledgement. On the other hand I don't think Ethan is a naive as he plays. He drops subtle little ditties sometimes.

• Love 4

Girlfren has got a body on her though, I’m a bit jealous. Ethan and Olivia’s wedding website is still accessible and she has lost a bunch of weight since 2-3 years ago. 

I thought the ring thing was a little weird as well but I would not be particularly jazzed about a wedding set where Kim controlled the selection and purchase, especially considering how much she hates Olivia. I’ve been on the receiving end of nobody is good enough for my precious son and it’s a load of bullshit and no way to live, ugh. Her new set is gorgeous.

....does anyone know what this evil brand of toothpaste is that Kim didn’t approve of Olivia using? The heck. What a hill to die on Kim. 

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, gingerella said:

That ring looked quite pricey, hard to tell without a closer look, but at least in the $7-10k range if it's decent graded diamonds...

Could it be "heirloom" jewelry...aka vintage...aka used?

8 hours ago, gingerella said:

I missed the previews for next weeks finale, what did I miss? Maybe Ethan will finally defend his wife.

That's what you missed...and how!  Just a tiny snippet though.

Kim is just...Kim like. I can't find a good adjective right now sorry. She's sinking her own battleship. And those ballet lessons....bring someone in since you have so much coin to teach them properly. She's alienated her kids by herself and Barry is not helping. He's fueling that fire.

1 hour ago, kylies-lips said:

I was so freaked out that Micah, Moriah, Max and the other random girl saw gators swimming in that river and still kept swimming in it. 

I couldn't believe that either!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 2
On 12/30/2020 at 7:12 PM, Back Atcha said:

Could it be "heirloom" jewelry...aka vintage...aka used?

That's what you missed...and how!  Just a tiny snippet though.

No, antique jewelry isn't cheaper and in many cases is pricier.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  the things I learn from reality tv!

Apparently, despite my sneers, there *is* some kind of legit modeling to be done online.  Unless there isn't.

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, Mothra said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  the things I learn from reality tv!

Apparently, despite my sneers, there *is* some kind of legit modeling to be done online.  Unless there isn't.

A friend of mine moved to LA to become a model and she said that having a strong social media presence is apparently a big deal nowadays when it comes to finding talent. Back in the day scouts were finding unknowns at the mall but now scouts are pouring through instagram to find "influencers" and potential models there. She talked alot about how various modeling agencies and scouts would hit her and her model friends up on IG.

Micah has a very interesting "All American" look and I'm curious how they will market him.  Is Abercrombie and Fitch modeling still a thing, LOL? He would have made a killing 10-15 years ago when that look was big!

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, kylies-lips said:

A friend of mine moved to LA to become a model and she said that having a strong social media presence is apparently a big deal nowadays when it comes to finding talent. Back in the day scouts were finding unknowns at the mall but now scouts are pouring through instagram to find "influencers" and potential models there. She talked alot about how various modeling agencies and scouts would hit her and her model friends up on IG.

Micah has a very interesting "All American" look and I'm curious how they will market him.  Is Abercrombie and Fitch modeling still a thing, LOL? He would have made a killing 10-15 years ago when that look was big!

Suntan lotion, beach wear and beach towels!  He's beautiful and radiates sunshine!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, kylies-lips said:

He's short, though, for a model--or does that matter anymore?  I guess I'm looking at the wrong stuff, but I don't see over-muscled (as I think he is), short or short-ish male models anywhere.  I don't look a lot online for places where you'd expect to see a lot of modeling, though, so maybe I'm just unaware.  It wouldn't be the first time.  I look at ads for men's clothing and perfumes in magazines like Vanity Fair, where there are lots of ads featuring male models, and Micah couldn't fit in any of those ads.  Could somebody post a link or an example of an ad using a body like his, an ad where it's clear the model would be paid for his work and not just a gallery of his photos?

• Love 1

So terrible to see this fakery & bad acting try to script out the "talks" about deceased baby Joshua. Rest In Peace, Joshua. I hope this show is cancelled beyond this season. Exploiting a tragedy for tv. 

I'll miss Ethan, though. That kid is sweet.  

On 1/1/2021 at 1:53 AM, gingerella said:

No, antique jewelry isn't cheaper and in many cases is pricier.

That's why I used quotation marks with "heirloom," rather than used.  Pawn shops carry some nice stuff and some good prices.  So does eBay ... and local jewelry stores.

• Love 1

Back in the day, someone with Michah's looks would have been grabbed, put under contract, and wound up in movies.  Not quite as far back, he would have been grabbed by the soaps, where he would have shirtless scenes at least twice a week.  Hey, it could still happen.  

• Love 2
On 1/2/2021 at 1:40 PM, Mothra said:

He's short, though, for a model--or does that matter anymore?  

Male models don't have to be unusually tall. That requirement is largely for women who do runway work. Basically, all runway models of both sexes are ideally in the 5'10" - 6'1" range. They'll tolerate a 5'7" woman, but only if she's Kate Moss. Height is a little less urgent in print, although there still isn't much room for outliers.

Micah's look could probably work with Ralph Lauren or Calvin Klein, depending on the campaign. He would've been perfect for Hilfiger up until the past few years; they seem to have pivoted rather consciously away from Northern European looking models. The other classic American houses still keep a few in the mix. (A close relative is the head of talent for one of those, and it's fun/horrifying to hear him talk about the proportions of random people he'll see, and how he can look at the shoulder-to-head ratio of someone most of us would consider gorgeous and be like "nope.")

• Useful 2

It was nice that Micah’s friend talked to Moriah about college. I wish that she could spread that knowledge to Moriah’s younger sisters as well instead of the dangerous, party narrative that Kim pushes. Poor Lydia is so woefully unprepared for life and reminds me of Jan Brady in the Brady Bunch movie. A young girl trapped in 1969, completely unaware that it’s 2021. I wonder who her crush, George Glass is dating.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

It was nice that Micah’s friend talked to Moriah about college. I wish that she could spread that knowledge to Moriah’s younger sisters as well instead of the dangerous, party narrative that Kim pushes. Poor Lydia is so woefully unprepared for life and reminds me of Jan Brady in the Brady Bunch movie. A young girl trapped in 1969, completely unaware that it’s 2021. I wonder who her crush, George Glass is dating.

Lydia reminds me of Laura Wingfield from the Glass Managerie, timid, fragile, eager to please her mother.  Or maybe she is praying all the time to have the stregnth to keep her from murdering the parents in their sleep.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 12/30/2020 at 10:07 PM, Back Atcha said:

Perhaps ANY/EVERY kind...just because it's Olivia?

Yes, Olivia is certainly Kim’s Bitch Eating Crackers, isn’t she? 

On 1/2/2021 at 1:53 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Suntan lotion, beach wear and beach towels!  He's beautiful and radiates sunshine!

Micah is just adorable to me, mainly because of his sweet personality. 

On 1/15/2021 at 11:25 AM, charmed1 said:

Poor Lydia is so woefully unprepared for life and reminds me of Jan Brady in the Brady Bunch movie. A young girl trapped in 1969, completely unaware that it’s 2021. I wonder who her crush, George Glass is dating.

I just snorted. 

• Love 1