Type keyword(s) to search

Andrew & Amira

• Start Topic

image.thumb.png.e8b4d1502885107c15fc98c5e53e7b30.png

With an intention of settling down and starting a family, Andrew (32) took a plunge into the world of online dating. His heart (and the algorithm) led him to France (after he finally decided to check out Amira’s (28) message). These two had an instant connection. A week in Las Vegas ended in a proposal. However, as the trailer shows, the French 90 Day Fiancé star finds herself in a sticky situation, better known as a detention center, after arriving late on her K-1 visa.

• Useful 2

From watching another show (House Hunters) apparently you can open a daycare anywhere in California, even if the HOA, or landlord say no.    You can be licensed and run a home day care too.   Actually, the number of kids, with two people (Andrew and Mom) probably isn't their real number of kids, but it was certainly more adults than I've seen at other day cares.   However, I bet a lot of parents don't want their kid on TV either.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

From watching another show (House Hunters) apparently you can open a daycare anywhere in California, even if the HOA, or landlord say no.    You can be licensed and run a home day care too.   Actually, the number of kids, with two people (Andrew and Mom) probably isn't their real number of kids, but it was certainly more adults than I've seen at other day cares.   However, I bet a lot of parents don't want their kid on TV either.  

The number of kids and the ratio depends on the ages, of course, and I think many of the kids were not filmed as their parents did not want them filmed.  Andrew works in him mom's daycare.  Fine.   Why does he get to take off so much time?  If I were the other worker (pretend there is one) I would be asking where are MY weeks and weeks off?  He already went to Vegas now two weeks in Mexico.

I am NOT chapping on daycare workers - it is hard and thankless work, I just get the feeling he could not land something someplace else.  At my school we run a daycare for kids of essential workers during these COVID times and some of the best ones working in there are the male EA's.

Is Amira Muslim?  If she id half Egyptian, perhaps so......and here comes the typical "I want kids to be MY religion" yet we never talked about it.  Andrew bugs me but I am not sure why.  Colt 2.0?  Perhaps.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Is Amira Muslim?  If she id half Egyptian, perhaps so......and here comes the typical "I want kids to be MY religion" yet we never talked about it.  Andrew bugs me but I am not sure why.  Colt 2.0?  Perhaps.

Wasn’t Andrew more concerned that Amira doesn’t want kids at all? She might actually be more compatible with Colt. Just kidding. Colt, if you’re reading this: thank you for not wanting to inflict baby Colts on us, but please leave that woman alone.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Wasn’t Andrew more concerned that Amira doesn’t want kids at all? She might actually be more compatible with Colt. Just kidding. Colt, if you’re reading this: thank you for not wanting to inflict baby Colts on us, but please leave that woman alone.

I am wondering why a woman wants to leave that beautiful piece of country for Andrew.  The minute he spoke with helium in his mouth or wore that stupid cat in the hat rainbow hat, I would be:  "Yeah, I gotta go."

When I stroll through the vineyards of France, I always do it in thigh high boots and a short dress.  I need to meet her mom.  Not sure why, maybe with all the parents popping up I don't want Mother Mira to feel left out.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Not sure why, maybe with all the parents popping up I don't want Mother Mira to feel left out.

I think Betty and maybe Andrew's mother as well are long time 90 day watchers.  Maybe they have even snarked with us or lurked on this forum.

When he said he "runs " a day care , I thought  maybe he was a franchise owner for something like Kiddie Academy or ran one they own.  And I thought he was into cosplay until he went to read to the children.  Like everyone else, I am sure they have more children, but it sounds like he works for mom. 

This sounds pretty unworkable.  He needs to listen to his sister about being on the same page with your partner/spouse about important things like whether or not you want children.   That is a pretty major life decision.  I think he/they planned to have him at the sister's baby shower, and the TLC would film it while everyone oohed over the beret.  Then COVID intervened.  There may well have been no shower.  Usually the guys show up as everyone is about to leave if they come at all.  The last showers I have gone to were so big and lavish that several male relatives had to show up in SUVs to cart away all the loot, I mean presents.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I think Betty and maybe Andrew's mother as well are long time 90 day watchers.  Maybe they have even snarked with us or lurked on this forum.

When he said he "runs " a day care , I thought  maybe he was a franchise owner for something like Kiddie Academy or ran one they own.  And I thought he was into cosplay until he went to read to the children.  Like everyone else, I am sure they have more children, but it sounds like he works for mom. 

This sounds pretty unworkable.  He needs to listen to his sister about being on the same page with your partner/spouse about important things like whether or not you want children.   That is a pretty major life decision.  I think he/they planned to have him at the sister's baby shower, and the TLC would film it while everyone oohed over the beret.  Then COVID intervened.  There may well have been no shower.  Usually the guys show up as everyone is about to leave if they come at all.  The last showers I have gone to were so big and lavish that several male relatives had to show up in SUVs to cart away all the loot, I mean presents.

The one thing that pinged out at me per Andrew was he said after a long day he wants to decompress alone.  Fine, but after a day with kids one would think he would crave ADULT conversation.  One can only discuss Thomas the Tank Engine, Paw Patrol and Hot Wheels for so long. Maybe is a an introvert, who knows?

Per the bolding:  I am not a "This is all about ME!" kinda girl but I would have not been pleased to have a guy show up, yammering about his foreign fiance and monopolizing the shower.  Most guys are not at baby showers anyway.

• Love 3

Andrew posted about his first episode on his Instagram, and I'm cutting and pasting it becomes the screencap won't load. On his IG account, there are several video clips of him with the kids and they really seem to love him. Someone has to....

kinddragondrew

I’ve got my best clothes on for our big premier tonight 😜! It seems as if they’re going to try very hard to make me look pretty dorky. That’s alright! Bring on the Memes!!!! Just know I hate that interview shirt, the kids at my school are angels, and my tennis skills are way better than shown lol 😝(I’ll make a video to show everyone, it appears they had to carefully edit it to get it to look like that, I can do shots behind the back and under my legs and I performed many tricks but they wanted to go a different direction, and with that goofy music, geez 🙄, I can see the box they want to put me in.), Not everyone fits so easily into archetypal boxes, we are not all stereotypes, the cast is not merely clones of eachother and I certainly do not easily fit into a pre-contrived personality construct, but the world will try hard to squeeze me into one anyway, so f*** it let’s have some fun with people’s incongruent perceptions🤪. If you want to know the real me- the fun loving, funny, generous, adventurous, active, way more attractive Andrew (haha) follow me here on Instagram, we are going to have a blast with this content!! #90dayfiance #tlc #realitytv #stereotypes #archetypes #premier #hairbraid

In that thread, he says that he didn't want to be part of the show and has the receipts to prove it, doesn't live with his mom, and never gave Amira an ultimatum.

Amira's IG only has photos of her "modeling" unless she put something in her stories. I didn't really review it any.

BTS notes from Production:

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

This CAN'T be a real relationship, right? This is a dude supporting his good friend who wants to be an influencer/reality star/Insta model, right?

I have friends into LARPing. It's interesting. That's what I thought he was doing until I saw the kids. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Spoilers from someone on Reddit about what Amira posted on a immigration forum. Full post can be read here, which includes a theory on why Natalie only had twenty days to arrive, and the cut and paste about Amira in the following quote box.

Andrew and Amira:

Much more straightforward problem, much more convoluted "solution". Problem is that her visa was approved sometime not too much before the Covid shutdowns. So her validity time is ticking away (she said 5 months, so her medical was probably 3 or 4 weeks before her interview) and there is no end in sight ("spoiler alert": those same restrictions are STILL in place 6 months after filming).

Their choice is to hope the travel ban is lifted before the visa expires (which it won't be) or to allow it to expire and wait to apply to revalidate until the Embassy opens up for visa processing again (which is only just beginning at some US Embassies-- unclear about France but I'd kind of doubt it).

Or, they can find a country which is accepting French nationals that is also not on the list of countries that the US has banned. And about that ban? It's only about where you've been in the past 14 days, not what your nationality is. So, find a place she can get into that isn't on the US ban list, stay 14 days, fly to the US. At that particular time, it seems that Mexico was really the only possibility.

I spent some time reading "the website" Andrew referred to and this was a pretty common course of action for a lot of folks and most were successful. I personally would have chosen this route myself as long as my fiance was onboard for it.

The biggest risk that people could see was being in your 14 days in Mexico and then the US adds Mexico to the travel ban list. Then you're in the same position you were in the EU, except now in Mexico. Or possibly that you won't be allowed onto the flight to Mexico because of some misunderstanding of the rules, or that you won't be allowed into Mexico for some reason but there really aren't many reasons that EU citizens would be denied entry into Mexico, particularly not when Mexico was open and ready for tourism from the EU. So that risk seemed minimal.

So, that's my best read of the situations! Got some extra info/spoilers hidden below for those who want to watch this play out in real time.

Actual spoilers below:

But as we can see, she gets detained.

Also from my reading "the website", she was detained IN MEXICO and sent back to Europe but she doesn't say why. Further, she only a few weeks later is talking about doing the same thing from Serbia (which had just gotten on the US approved list or maybe they always had been approved but there wasn't a flight to the US that didn't transit a banned country-- either way, by mid-July, Serbia became the top choice for this and there was a direct flight to JFK) ....but asking about an entirely different visa type. Which makes me seriously wonder if they're actually doing a K1 or if she got a different visa either on her own or through TLC. No indication if she made it to the US, but I would assume so. As long as that visa was still valid and she was 14 days in an approved country, there's no reason for the US to deny her entry.

If a different visa type, that could explain the detention in Mexico-- they didn't believe that she'd be allowed in the US and so her proof of onward travel was void to them. Or because she bought a one-way ticket to Mexico (she says as much online) and didn't yet have a flight or proof of onward travel to the US (rookie mistake and that'll get you turned around most places in the world-- she was "detained" because during Covid there wasn't exactly a flight back to Europe a few hours later. When you're denied entry to a country, they hold you until the next flight back to where you came from). Or maybe....who knows? I know nothing about Mexican policies. Everyone else got through to the US in this way with no problems. ONE guy was denied boarding in his airport of origin--somewhere in UK trying to go to Amsterdam to get a flight to CDMX because the ticket agent was insisting that he's not allowed to go to Mexico for tourism, which is dead wrong, he totally was, and that guy got screwed by some budget airline's ticket agent.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
On 12/21/2020 at 7:49 AM, MrBuhBye said:

Talk about the grass is greener.  I’m sure many Americans would love to live in French wine country.

I barely parlez vous francais and I'd be all over this

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 12/21/2020 at 10:18 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

The number of kids and the ratio depends on the ages, of course, and I think many of the kids were not filmed as their parents did not want them filmed.  Andrew works in him mom's daycare.  Fine.   Why does he get to take off so much time?  If I were the other worker (pretend there is one) I would be asking where are MY weeks and weeks off?  He already went to Vegas now two weeks in Mexico.

I am NOT chapping on daycare workers - it is hard and thankless work, I just get the feeling he could not land something someplace else.  At my school we run a daycare for kids of essential workers during these COVID times and some of the best ones working in there are the male EA's.

I guessed that Andrew is working in his *mother's* daycare. However he seems to be a true, true natural with children and is not just showing up for the job but goes above and beyond.

Still, I would prefer a female.

Perhaps also a lot of the kids opted out of the daycare during the pandemic if their parents began working remotely, thus allowing Andrew to take off. 

If Amira is technically Muslim, I don't think it will come up as an issue. She is marrying a non Muslim (as it appears) man, which would be a major no no for a Muslim woman who practices the religion at all. 

• Love 2
On 12/22/2020 at 10:11 PM, Lily247 said:

If Amira is technically Muslim, I don't think it will come up as an issue. She is marrying a non Muslim (as it appears) man, which would be a major no no for a Muslim woman who practices the religion at all. 

Amira may be a Copt - so TLC can amplify its full-frontal attack on Orthodox Christianity through her this season.  After all, Natalie's storyline is her desperation to marry Mike, even though he's destined to an eternity in Hell for believing in aliens, and her own brand of bunny-killer, Uncle Beau-exiling crazy, so they need back-up in this cast.

However, "Amira" is a Muslim Arabic name.  Also, Amira noted in her introduction that she felt like an outsider in France, which she attributed to her Egyptian family, but which hinted at her Muslim background. 

I agree - I don't think religion is Andrew and Amira's conflict or storyline.  It's either the drama of her detention and how their love survived it, or the disagreement about having children.  Andrew seems to be the one pegged to be weird or possibly inflexible in their relationship.

Edited by Grifter Lives
clarity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

Amira may be a Copt - so TLC can amplify its full-frontal attack on Orthodox Christianity through her this season.  After all, Natalie's storyline is her desperation to marry Mike, even though he's destined to an eternity in Hell for believing in aliens and her own brand of bunny-killer, Uncle Beau-exiling crazy, so they need back-up in this cast.

However, "Amira" is a Muslim Arabic name.  Also, Amira noted in her introduction that she felt like an outsider in France, which she attributed to her Egyptian family, but which hinted at her Muslim background. 

I agree - I don't think religion is Andrew and Amira's conflict or storyline.  It's either the drama of her detention and how their love survived it, or the disagreement about having children.  Andrew seems to be the one pegged to be weird or possibly inflexible in their relationship.

I also think it's quite eye opening that a young French woman wants to get out of France, and thinks that life will, somehow, be more exciting in the US, when many people here dream of the opportunity to see Europe. Also, she did mention that she felt out of place due to her being mixed with Egyptian, however, my take is that France has a very, very large Muslim/Arabic presence, so I'm not sure why she would feel out of place. She was very vague in her self introduction, we don't know what her occupation (besides "reading makeup news") is in life, if it was so boring in Saimur, why she couldn't try to get to Paris or another busy city in her own country. I have a feeling Roseville, CA, Walmarts, and strip malls will get very boring to Amira. 

• Love 8

I don't think it's that weird she wants to leave France. There's nothing wrong with the place (apart from the people, lol) but she just wants to experience new things. I get it! I've moved countries a few times even though I recognise my own country is one of the best in the world in many things. But it's just great life experience imho to live in different countries and a great adventure at that.

I laughed out loud at Andrew saying he's hotter in "real life" than what they portrayed on tv. Umm no, anyone can look their best when they take a photo from their best angle, but video is a lot less forgiving!

• Love 9

I'm going to try and get this to embed, but here is additional information on Amira's detention in Mexico from Reddit That link is to the post on Reddit and I'm cutting and pasting it under the spoiler thread because it's so long that it gets cut off when embedding.

The TL:DR is that Amira learned about the Mexico shortcut from VisaJourney and they decided to do it. Her type of visa was NOT extended, and what was extended was paperwork that didn't apply to her and that didn't take place until August. She didn't have a round trip ticket, like it was said to purchase on the site,and was denied entry to Mexico, landing her in detention until an return flight to France was available. According to her posts on VJ, she later tried again through Serbia. I'm not sure why the OP didn't post if that was successful or not.

Spoiler

u/CatherineAm

Visas, Covid, Travel and Detention: Update

Here we go again, fam! Still a lot of confusion bouncing around about Andrew/Amira's plans and apparent failure. I gotchu.

TL;DR: They were right to be concerned about the visa validity, and these types of visas were not extended, if you're seeing that, you're seeing something that's not the visa. Mexico should have worked and would have in terms of her admissibility to the US. You'll note she was detained in Mexico.....probably denied entry into Mexico for some reason... possibly her own mistake, maybe something else. Either way, her admission to the US hasn't even been an issue at this point. Detailed it below.

As always, disclaimer: these are educated guesses, TLC's editing works very hard to make you think one thing, my understanding of reality is another. I HAVE been wrong at least once before in my life so actual reality may be something else entirely. But... I do have lots of experience with this stuff and I can read between the lines pretty easily and TLC's fruding *especially* when it serves to make would-be immigrants even more nervous about this whole situation really, really irks me.

So first, to remind us about their situation from my post last week, they are in a bit of a sticky situation with the visa and its expiration date, and it all comes down to the medical appointment (the visas are issued with a validity period-- need to use it/ enter the US by a certain date-- that is 6 months after the medical appointment, this is confirmed in some links below).

They filmed this in June, she says her visa was issued for 5 months, expiring in August. So it looks like she had her medical in late Feb/early March, had the visa interview and approval probably right before Covid shutdowns. All of what they've said about this tracks with the real life timeline and how this all works. This plus reading the website in question, I honestly think that none of this is made up by them or TLC or anyone.

I know a few folks here done some Googling and found something that they've interpreted to be "automatic extensions for K1 visas". I'm guessing it's this. First, note that this was in August so they wouldn't have known this was coming.

And second, and most importantly, this does not apply to their situation. Why? Read again and note that they are talking about revalidating the I-129f. The I-129f is the form that the US citizen submits to USCIS who does a basic check to make sure you're baseline eligible for the visa (not already married, old enough to be married, and no red flags for human trafficking and certain violent crimes in the American). USCIS sends that to State (the embassies abroad) and you've got 4 months to do the forms and medical exams for State and have an interview. That's the 4 month thing they're referring to. That's what they extended.

What they did NOT extend was the validity period of the K1 visas themselves. Quotes and links to back that up below. I'm going to link to the US embassy in the UK on this because I'm already familiar with it and it seems US Embassy France has moved some pages and I just don't want to dig. But France and the UK were and are under the same exact restrictions, even post-Brexit.

[Ack, I was editing for a typo and accidentally deleted stuff, rewriting now. Sorry if I've changed what you commented on]

So... Embassy can't help?

Nope.

FAQ 3.14 Can My Immigrant or Fiance(e) Visa Be Extended? Can My Medical Be Extended?

Immigrant visas cannot be extended. However, if you are unable to travel within the validity period of your visa due to circumstances beyond your control, you can request visa reissuance once services have resumed for your visa category.

If appointments are not currently taking place for your visa category, it is also not possible for visas of that type to be reissued at this time. Please keep checking our website for further updates.

Please be aware that the extension of a medical report is only possible in certain limited circumstances, and that it can only be considered in the context of visa issuance or reissuance.

So basically, they can't extend the visas without an appointment and those weren't happening then (and only just started happening now). She had a valid visa. The choice was to figure out how to use it or face an unknown period of time before she'd be able to get another one.....and it was clear that it was going to be a long time for that.

So what's up with Mexico?

I cannot possibly say this enough. K1 visas were never banned. French people were not banned. Only people who had been in certain countries in the previous 14 days were "banned". If she'd been living in New Zealand with her French passport (say...I don't know, temporary work visa there) when all this went down, she'd have been allowed in. If a person from New Zealand was living in France and had a K1 visa in THEIR passport, they wouldn't have been. Covid doesn't care what your passport is, only where you've been for the past 14 days.

So the solution was to find a country that was accepting your nationality or travel history (some countries DID do it by what your passport was....sigh) that was also not on the US travel ban list and stay there for 14 days. (And if you really want to get in the weeds, which ALSO had available flights that didn't transit a country on the ban list. Serbia was never banned but it took many months before there was a flight to the US that didn't transit Germany so that was out. This may become an important point later.)

State Department has this to say:

FAQ 1.3Can I travel through a country not covered by PP 6669?

Travel to the United States from a country that is not covered by the Presidential Proclamation may be possible, but we advise you to verify whether the country to which you intend to travel has implemented travel or other restrictions before you make travel arrangements.  One possible source of such information is travel.state.gov which contains links to the websites of other countries’ immigration authorities.

We are not able to suggest countries through which you may travel, comment on your proposed travel itinerary, or provide information about travel regulations that apply to other countries.

Please bear in mind:

The proclamation suspends travel to the U.S. for any individual who has been physically present in the United Kingdom or another listed country within 14 days prior to their arrival in the United States. Unless you plan to stay in a country that is not impacted by any of these proclamations for 14 days before traveling onward to the United States, the proclamation will continue to apply.

So basically... yes, you can do this. The "may be" is referring to the fact that you need to be let into that third country for this to work and also to cover themselves in case things change. But this really is a pretty straightforward thing to do and which many people, not just a few other K1s on Visajourney, did.

For what it's worth: this still was a risky move. If the US added Mexico to the travel ban list during her 14 days, they'd be in the same position except now in Mexico.

So, what went wrong?

Unclear but we do know that she was detained in Mexico, not the US so this is a problem with Mexico, not the US. Best guess without any other information is that she didn't comply with Mexico's entry requirements and was denied entry. From reading the thread on the website (spoilers), she bought a one-way ticket. If she didn't have any evidence of onward travel from Mexico, that'll be enough to be denied entry. When you're denied entry to a country, they hold you until the next flight back to where you came from. What else would they do, really? Let you in after they deny entry? Her bad luck that flights were much less frequent during that time and so it was more than just a few hours.

So... DID they just blindly follow advice on an internet forum?

Maybe but also kind of no. All of this information is available online from US government sources and I'd be surprised if they ONLY read a forum but, people are weird. The forum folks had already done it. There was no reason to worry about admissibility to the US. And as we can see... so far, she didn't have an issue with that. Entry to Mexico got messed up. Her fault? Maybe. The funny thing is that the people on the forum were talking about the round trip ticket issue and Amira asked about a one-way and then said she bought one.....so they'd have been better off if they DID blindly follow the forum because the forum had it right! And just for those who would still really, really, really want to hear it from a lawyer instead of the US government and internet forum folks. Here. That'll save you $800/hr.

Also, Andrew posted on his IG about a fundraiser for a girl. Again, I cannot see it so I think it may be private, Here is the text cut and paste.

kinddragondrew

I don’t need your money, I don’t want this fame. If you saw what I saw you would see it’s all a game, but one thing that’s not is Brianna’s dream, you see, she’s a queen, tougher than any I’ve ever seen. This little one should be famous, not me, so please, let’s reach this goal, and help out this beautiful little soul. I’ll be here every week because some things are bigger than reality tv. Please follow her hashtag #bravebri1820

Thanks to @brodinicholas & @campaignoaat for the wonderful work that you do making dreams come true

Special thanks to: @90day_stephanie who generously donated

Please visit link below to donate:

https://campaignoaat.org/portfolio-item/current-campaign-bravebri1820/

Mission : #Model For A Day
Brianna is an 8 year old from Miami, Florida. She’s a positive kid and a fighter. Brianna’s journey started when she came home from swimming class and had the urge to use the bathroom. After using the bathroom, she called her uncle to show him that she was bleeding.

They ended up taking her to the hospital and the doctors noticed a large mass on her left kidney. She was then diagnosed with Stage 4 Wilms Tumor. The tumor was so big it also damaged her kidney. She went through surgery to remove the Tumor along with her left kidney.

Brianna went into remission in 2019, but unfortunately had a relapse this past March of 2020. She is currently fighting lung cancer, a tumor near her heart, and another tumor that grew in the same area her left kidney was once.

Our mission is to raise $5,000 in the month of December to cover the costs of Brianna's chemotherapy for a YEAR and to fulfill Brianna's dream of ``becoming a model for a day.``

#cancer #cancersurvivor #beautifulsoul #cancerawareness #childhoodcancerawareness #donate #wilmstumor #bravebri1820 21h

• Useful 2

I think this is the final part from Reddit about Amira's detainment in Mexico. This time, the poster included the screencaps from VisaJourney where Amira was discussing her plan to go through Mexico and only had a one-way ticket even though Mexico required a round-trip ticket for visitors. It had nothing to do with her K-1 process; she just didn't follow the immigration rules as was denied entry.

Again it's too long to embed and the photos won't load, so you'll have to click the links above to see them, but I'm cutting and pasting the post below:

Spoiler

Posted by u/CatherineAm

Covid, Travel, and Detention: Calling BS ....with Receipts

Edit, I am igmur illiterate so link to full set of screenshots here. http://imgur.com/gallery/D0sn7Nv

Hi all, been a shit week for me (my husband was exposed to Covid at work by an entitled asshole and so we've had to split the house into two so we can avoid exposing me, too. So I'm camped out in the living/dining/kitchen area for the next 10 days. Oh, and, there's a good chance you saw my office on TV this week, no worries, been on telework but fucking still am I over 2021 already).

So, I have almost zero patience remaining for anything or anyone and certainly not patience for Andrew/Amira/TLC spinning this into them being some sort of victim of the Mexican authorities because of their "risky" plan to travel to the US via Mexico because of quarantine logistics. 

But I've got just enough patience left to call out their nonsense because this sort of thing, making immigration seem scarier than it already is, is bullshit. And while I'm not going to pretend that 90DF has real life far reaching consequences, generally this kind of deflection of personal blame only serves to scare others. And not everyone who gets scared by a liar's twist of reality has the resources available to get the record set straight. It's straight nonsense, particularly coming from someone with the privilege of having one of the strongest passports on the planet (stronger than the US passport), and who was aware of the very thing that led to her situation.

As I've outlined here and then here, the risk in this situation was that the US would add Mexico to the travel ban list during the 14 days in Mexico. Outside of that risk (well, and Covid en route but they haven't mentioned being concerned about this), this was as normal of a trip to Mexico as you could get. Yes, it was during Covid. But French people and people traveling from France (and through the Netherlands, as she did) were never excluded from Mexico. She's on a possibly ill advised (Covid-wise) two week vacation as far as Mexico is concerned.  

All she had to do was comply with Mexico's entry requirements for French citizens,  which are basically "have a round trip ticket". Which, apparently, she knew. That's a link to screenshots of a popular immigration forum and is either Amira or someone pretending to be her. I've screenshot her posts about her Mexico trip.

The thread is full of people doing this exact thing and having no issues (well, one guy got denied boarding in Europe because the ticket agent didn't believe he was allowed entry into Mexico, ticket agent was wrong), with the key difference of having, you know, complied with Mexico's entry requirements. The ones they'd discussed on the forum and to which Amira was referring when she specifically asked about the one way ticket she'd bought. 

Andrew even backs this up in a roundabout way when he says that he thought if she was denied entry into Mexico, she'd be on an airplane,  not in detention.  What airplane, Andrew? When was the next flight to Amsterdam or Paris? Do you think they charter a trans-Atlantic flight to deport one single person? Or do you think they put them on the next available flight? Were there multiple flights daily between CDMX and Amsterdam/Paris during the summer Covid lockdowns? Where do you think they keep people who are not admitted to a country? The hotel down the street (.... in the country they've been denied entry to)? In the terminal Tom Hanks style?

So, spare me the victim act, guys. Own your mistake or at a minimum, stop trying to scare others off. Mexico didn't do this to you, this travel plan wasn't "dangerous", you messed up when you figured you were an exception to a foreign country's immigration laws (or didn't think they were serious) for reasons known only to yourself. 

For those curious about where this may go (Spoilers):

She does the same thing a few weeks later from Serbia. Link. Makes an airport buddy from Paris to Belgrade, spends 2 weeks in Serbia and departs for JFK and doesn't update again. She did change her profile pic in late September, but her account has since been closed (which doesn't delete posts).

I'm not ruling out that this could all be some massive lie, particularly because the new photo looks professionally done, she at some point asks about an entirely different visa type Link... even though she also asks about what happens if things don't work out with her fiance so who knows what that's about, really.

So that's it. I have watched this show from Day 1 and have been on this sub since before we hit 1,000 users and I have never linked to that website before (was an active user when I was going through the process myself) because I sort of feel it's a bit of a line to cross, mostly because 99.9% of people on there are just normal folks who don't need to get swept up into all this (so do me a solid and leave the bystanders out of it, thanks). But this is SOME BS.

Link to Imgur Serbia posts

Link to Imgur about the Q1 visa 

Those two links were linked in the Reddit thread but didn't stay when I cut and pasted. She was planning on entering the US on a Q1 visa, which she says is a Cultural Representative Visa. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

Amira retweeted several negative comments about Andrew tonight. Including

Also, if she was coming on a Q-1 visa, we are being frauded again. From Visa Help:

What is Q-1 Visa?

The Q-1 visa is known as the Visa for Participants in an International Cultural Exchange program. Holders of a Q-1 visa are typically part of a registered organization seeking to establish a cultural exchange with the United States.

Under a Q-1 visa, a foreign national can visit the United States for a unique cultural or educational opportunity. The participant benefits from gaining exposure to U.S. culture, while the United States benefits from gaining exposure to the participant’s culture.

A Q-1 visa holder often participates in a unique practical training program while in the United States. The participant can improve his or her skills, gain exposure to U.S. culture, and share their culture’s history and customs with U.S. residents.

Ultimately, the Q-1 visa facilitates the two-way exchange of ideas and cultures between the United States and foreign nationals.

@mamadrama is more versed in immigration and Visa Journey, so maybe she'll know if this visa can be used to get her here to be married, because it looks like she was expected to be working with a registered organization.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Stephanie is wiring money to Belize, that does not sound shady at all.   Why is she in love that kid? What is their relationship built on, they seem to not like each other? 

Why do these couples say they will bring someone over on a K1 visa to see if they can make the relationship work, they will spend $10,000 to see if it can work?  Shouldn't they already know each other and know they are in love and use that time to plan a wedding and not use the 90 days to get to know somone?  

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Wrong thread, sorry...trying to move it to the correct page.
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Honestly, we could call them by what ever names, the story is all the same...stupid people living stupidly doing stupid things, lol.

I will now learn how to move my post to the correct stupid couple's page.

Does this make me stupid? LOL.

Ok, I give up, how do I move my post to another thread?

Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

Ok, I give up, how do I move my post to another thread?

I'm not sure if there's a better way . . . but I'd just copy/paste from the other thread to this one, and then I'd go back to the other thread and edit the post to say, "Moved post to Andrew/Amira thread."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Honestly, we could call them by what ever names, the story is all the same...stupid people living stupidly doing stupid things, lol.

Of course not!!  There are so many shows, so many threads,  so many couples doing odd and strange things and repeating the same mistakes, all for some "fame."    I am scaling back on my 90 Day love fest as I know some spoilers and it is just not that fun for me anymore!!  I will still read and post all the snark here though!

I followed a FB 90 Day group  - I just left and unfollowed it as I made a harmless comment about Dean and his GF being pregnant and not being married and someone came after me, HARD and was, to be blunt, kinda scary.  (For full disclosure, my comment was "Does no one get married first anymore?")  I never called out a poster by his/her name - I never do, fyi.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

@Baltimore Betty, I think you posted on this thread by mistake 

no, not stupid at all and I'm sorry if I made you feel any less than the awesome poster you are. You're absolutely right, the names and storylines are all interchangeable with very little originality. Lather, rinse, repeat. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

no, not stupid at all and I'm sorry if I made you feel any less than the awesome poster you are. You're absolutely right, the names and storylines are all interchangeable with very little originality. Lather, rinse, repeat. 

100% this - another reason why I am taking a break from this season (for the most part.)

• Love 1

Isn't it a big no-no to come to the U.S. on another type of visa (R-1), instead of a K-1, and marry?    I thought (I certainly could be wrong), that if you weren't on a K-1 and married in the U.S., that the other person has to return to their home country until a spousal visa is approved.   I'm hoping someone who knows a lot more about visas than I do will comment on that. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

Oh no, MAGEMAUD I didn't think you made me feel stupid, not for a moment. It is the tech that can make me feel less than, lol. 

No worries, keep on snarking!

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

13 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

(For full disclosure, my comment was "Does no one get married first anymore?")  

How horribly controversial. I’m shocked! 🙄 How dare you voice an opinion.

I have the same thought every time I watch an episode of “Say Yes to the Dress” 

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

How horribly controversial. I’m shocked! 🙄 How dare you voice an opinion.

Yes - thank you - and it was weird because she looked at my FB account - fine, it is FB and public but I am VERY limited in what I share plus I post like, once a year.  She was asking "Well I see YOU got married in 2017, and considering your age how dare you think you can judge.  Have YOU been married before??" and on and on.....it was weird.

(PS - I don't think I look THAT old, lol!!!!)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

.  She was asking "Well I see YOU got married in 2017, and considering your age how dare you think you can judge.  Have YOU been married before??" and on and on.....it was weird.

Silly me. I didn’t realize there are age restrictions for having an opinion. Actually, I’m so old that I never really understood the point of FB in the first place and didn’t sign up. You want to be my friend? Well, maybe I don’t want to be yours! 

I never thought I’d see the day when getting married before having a baby was controversial. Sad.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Silly me. I didn’t realize there are age restrictions for having an opinion. Actually, I’m so old that I never really understood the point of FB in the first place and didn’t sign up. You want to be my friend? Well, maybe I don’t want to be yours! 

I never thought I’d see the day when getting married before having a baby was controversial. Sad.

Yes, it was weird as it seemed she wanted me to defend my......opinion and want to fight over the internet.  Pass.  Gotta go!

Back to topic:  I never thought his plan was going to work, and now he is reaping all the rewards.  Acting indignant while your GF is in detention.  I guess getting advice off Reddit was not such a great idea, huh?

• Love 4

It's really hard to read on the screencap, but after blowing up the immigration paperwork originally posted by Frauded and added above, Amira was detained for arriving without a passport. So, she somehow managed to make it all the way to disembarking without a passport?

It looks like Amira is responding to people that she DID have a passport, so I'm thinking she was getting a shakedown by the immigration officers and didn't realize she needed to offer up some money. Not sorry and it wouldn't be the first time a tourist was shaken down at a Mexico airport. Of course, I'm pulled aside for extra questioning every time I fly anywhere and may just be super cynical. In any case, it doesn't sound like anything Andrew or Amira did wrong, just a shitty situation from a shitty immigration officer.

• Love 3

She also apparently showed up with a one way ticket, and Mexico requires a round trip ticket, unless you have been approved to stay in Mexico.   However, that might have been a storyline for the show also.     I'm guessing that whatever storyline is decided on, that's what the participants in the show do.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

More and more I'm believing Andrew's version of the story. Between the Visa Journey posts from Amira, including that she was on a Q-1 visa not a K-1, to the fact that everything that comes out of their mouths comes across as acting, I think Amira wanted to use the show to give her a start on a fashion blog, YouTube Channel, and social media influencer career and this show was that entry. Andrew will probably start some YouTube Channel of skits or naptime stories for children or something, too. I just believe him that this was HER idea, she lead the charge, and she made the decision to go through Mexico without a round trip ticket and possibly lost her passport on the plane. I doubt they are still a couple since they are taking pot shots at each other online.

fq7vs4w1i5b61.png

I don't like either one of them and will probably just skip their segments from now on.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1