Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Slipping Through My Fingers

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Nicmar said:

I recently went on her IG snooping someone recently asked what her weight was and  she said 325! She looks to be hitting 400+

I saw the previews for next week, with her lying on the couch all wrapped up in a huge blue blanket bemoaning about how Chase wasn't with her, they could have had a post-COVID baby, and  other assorted comments (all of which made me laugh).

So, Whitney would have viewers believe she managed to LOSE weight during the lockdown?  When there really wasn't a lot to do besides cook and eat?  

Her giving her weight as 325 pounds reminds me of Kirstie Alley trying to claim she weighed only 203 pounds (about 20 years ago), and even Rosie O'Donnell called her out on it.  

We all have eyes, Whitney.  I'm assuming that blue blanket in which she had cocooned herself was probably hiding an extra 40 or so pounds.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I recently went on her IG snooping someone recently asked what her weight was and  she said 325! She looks to be hitting 400+

Maybe she misunderstood the question and thought they were asking how much she'd GAINED over the pandemic? 😉

The person who comes up with the best "post pandemic pounder plan" is gonna make a fortune when this whole thing is over. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Finally went ahead and watched this episode and I have some thoughts:

• Is Big Whit's use of vernacular English new? I haven't been a regular watcher since Season 3 and I don't remember her saying things like, "He gonna put a ring on it then don't wanna move?" etc. Did she just pick that up or has it been creeping on? 
  • I snickered when she coyly asked Chase if it's okay if she dances with other guys and he's like, sure! Have fun! You could tell she wanted him to be jealous. 
  • If my boyfriend wanted to pretend to be someone's fiance on television for money, well, I think that'd be weird and I'd be kind of put off. But let's say for the sake of argument, we talked about it and he wanted to do it, and I supported him. If he let another woman call herself "Mommy" to my dog, and call that dog by a diminutive she made up, I would lose my shit. Absolutely NO. 
  • I never, ever, ever for a moment believed their romance was real, and so I was mildly interested in how they were going to spin the inevitable breakup. I guess this is what they decided to go with, the distance thing? That no one wants to move to the other's city? I love that the storyline is the most boring one they could have chosen, so real life decided to step in and shake things up. 
  • Oh, I almost believe that she really did lose her ring in the ocean--she really sold that scene. That don't mean that was her engagement ring, am I right Big Whit? 
  • Whit has a "Tell" when she's about to tell a lie in service of the storyline--she pauses or hiccups a little before she delivers the line. I noticed it first in the ep where they got engaged and now see it all the time. A good example is this ep, when she notes she can't ask Chase to buy her another ring. Make this a drinking game with me, won't you? 
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

Finally went ahead and watched this episode and I have some thoughts:

• Is Big Whit's use of vernacular English new? I haven't been a regular watcher since Season 3 and I don't remember her saying things like, "He gonna put a ring on it then don't wanna move?" etc. Did she just pick that up or has it been creeping on? 
  • I snickered when she coyly asked Chase if it's okay if she dances with other guys and he's like, sure! Have fun! You could tell she wanted him to be jealous. 
  • If my boyfriend wanted to pretend to be someone's fiance on television for money, well, I think that'd be weird and I'd be kind of put off. But let's say for the sake of argument, we talked about it and he wanted to do it, and I supported him. If he let another woman call herself "Mommy" to my dog, and call that dog by a diminutive she made up, I would lose my shit. Absolutely NO. 
  • I never, ever, ever for a moment believed their romance was real, and so I was mildly interested in how they were going to spin the inevitable breakup. I guess this is what they decided to go with, the distance thing? That no one wants to move to the other's city? I love that the storyline is the most boring one they could have chosen, so real life decided to step in and shake things up. 
  • Oh, I almost believe that she really did lose her ring in the ocean--she really sold that scene. That don't mean that was her engagement ring, am I right Big Whit? 
  • Whit has a "Tell" when she's about to tell a lie in service of the storyline--she pauses or hiccups a little before she delivers the line. I noticed it first in the ep where they got engaged and now see it all the time. A good example is this ep, when she notes she can't ask Chase to buy her another ring. Make this a drinking game with me, won't you? 

Two things:

1. Brilliant assessment. Seriously good.

2. If you're going to recommend we all drink every time Whitney lies, I hope you can live with an awful lot of alcohol poisoning on your conscience.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 11/27/2020 at 10:32 PM, sara1025 said:

I said this during the Alaska episode but why does she think it's so cool/cute to say "er" instead of "uh" in words? It drives me absolutely crazy! It's one of those things that was probably funny a few years ago for a minute but she just keeps trying to make it a thing. Alaskerrr. Clurrrrb. Coronerrr virus. Makes me want to rip my hair out. Whitney, you are in your mid 30s STOP SAYING STUPID THINGS TO TRY TO LOOK COOL. Speak like a competent adult!

And she copped that ish from Tyler Perry's Madea.  HELLURRR!!!  🙄  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, swankie said:

If her parents are in their 70's, why is her dad still working?  I would think he would be retired by now. 

He might like to work or  had some bad investments; also, maybe he is funding some of his kids monetary needs.  I’m not sure how successful Hunter is, but he did co-sign for Whitney’s house, so maybe he wants extra money aside in case she needs help after the show ends.

• Love 5

If her parents are in their 70's, why is her dad still working?  I would think he would be retired by now. 

Maybe he just wants to get the frack out of the house...plus has to pay Twit's bills and probably some of son's (Hunter's?). Babs may not be all that fun to be around 100% of the time either...Maybe why she is with the Twit during quarantine...

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 5

My dad is turning 77 and works 2 jobs (one is his own firm; the second is one day a week consulting). My grandfather retired twice and was working until he was about 90 - my grandmother told him after he retired the first time, "You need to go back to work OR I AM GOING TO KILL YOU AND NO ONE WILL FIND THE BODY." 😂 Neither need/needed to work and my parents are just fine in property + retirement funds + social security.

Some people are just wired to enjoy work!

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

And she copped that ish from Tyler Perry's Madea.  HELLURRR!!!  🙄  

She's only too ready to appropriate  Black  culture.  "Bish" "Yass queen " etc. 

She needs bitch-slapped back to 1963. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Two things:

1. Brilliant assessment. Seriously good.

2. If you're going to recommend we all drink every time Whitney lies, I hope you can live with an awful lot of alcohol poisoning on your conscience.

1. Thank you! Big Whit’s my muse! 
2. Ha! That’s fair, that’s fair. I was being irresponsible, and I apologize. 

• LOL 4

I am genuinely confused about the timeline.  In NY things totally shut down around March 15th.  Around the country, people were talking about COVID, but weren't in quarantine for at least a few more weeks.  How did they go from going out to restaurants/bars with only the female bartender casually mentioning hand sanitizer to Whitney kidnapping her mom for a full blown lockdown in the period of two or three days? Hunter had already left NYC for Greensborough by that point, so they were obviously aware of how bad COVID was getting.  Why go gallivanting all around Wilmington, then?  Was there a film crew with them the entire lockdown or did they just leave cameras?  It just feels like the timeline is off, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

18 minutes ago, Meowy said:

I am genuinely confused about the timeline.  In NY things totally shut down around March 15th.  Around the country, people were talking about COVID, but weren't in quarantine for at least a few more weeks.  How did they go from going out to restaurants/bars with only the female bartender casually mentioning hand sanitizer to Whitney kidnapping her mom for a full blown lockdown in the period of two or three days? Hunter had already left NYC for Greensborough by that point, so they were obviously aware of how bad COVID was getting.  Why go gallivanting all around Wilmington, then?  Was there a film crew with them the entire lockdown or did they just leave cameras?  It just feels like the timeline is off, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

They filmed the bar visit on March 14. From what I can tell it was the last weekend before they were shut down. My daughter came home for spring break at the beginning of March. She went back to two weeks of classes before everything went online so that would have been one week after this. So it was just before things started getting shutdown. 

• Love 2
On 12/1/2020 at 6:09 PM, Pachengala said:

She loves using accents, making up or mis-pronouncing words, etc.  I think she's always been this way.  At least I feel like I've always been annoyed by it 😄 

7 hours ago, Meowy said:

7 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

They filmed the bar visit on March 14. From what I can tell it was the last weekend before they were shut down. My daughter came home for spring break at the beginning of March. She went back to two weeks of classes before everything went online so that would have been one week after this. So it was just before things started getting shutdown. 

Where I live everything shut down the week of March 23.  My last day of work was March 19 and I left not realizing that everything would be shut down that weekend.  So I can believe they were in the bar March 14 with a smaller crowd and then shut down when she got home.  It's one of the few things I can believe on this show 😄 

• Love 8
On 12/1/2020 at 6:09 PM, Pachengala said:

Is Big Whit's use of vernacular English new? I haven't been a regular watcher since Season 3 and I don't remember her saying things like, "He gonna put a ring on it then don't wanna move?" etc. Did she just pick that up or has it been creeping on? 

I think Whitney has been into her idea of hip hop slang, along with her own weird "cool" vocabulary since the beginning  of the show. My favorite was the time when she was pissed off at Roy after he took her to lunch and kindly but firmly let her know he didn't like her "that way." She waved her cell phone at the camera, showing an unreadable text message from him, as proof that he had been pursuing her, saying "When he's tryna play ya but you got the receipts!" 

Ryan started out as her "homie" before he morphed into her "bro."  I'm waiting to hear her refer to Chase's girlfriend as his ""baby momma."

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Fakery aside I felt bad seeing the bar half empty. I think his business is real and he legitimately seemed proud of his business, the covid crisis sucks and it hit him hard. Two of my favourite spots are gone due to COVID (independent owned, younger couples in their 30s with kids) so I do feel bad for Chase in that respect. Also Chase seemed way too calm about the ring....because it is fake and he gave no fucks. I worked in marketing and I had a job interview today where they asked "how quick did you have to change your event strategy." Ummmm we thought everything would be fine then suddenly the world shut down in March so pretty fucking quick lol.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Fakery aside I felt bad seeing the bar half empty. I think his business is real and he legitimately seemed proud of his business, the covid crisis sucks and it hit him hard. Two of my favourite spots are gone due to COVID (independent owned, younger couples in their 30s with kids) so I do feel bad for Chase in that respect. Also Chase seemed way too calm about the ring....because it is fake and he gave no fucks. I worked in marketing and I had a job interview today where they asked "how quick did you have to change your event strategy." Ummmm we thought everything would be fine then suddenly the world shut down in March so pretty fucking quick lol.

It is a real place and seemed to be doing well, all the more reason that Whitney minimizing it makes her look like an asshole.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It is a real place and seemed to be doing well, all the more reason that Whitney minimizing it makes her look like an asshole.

Oh I know! Her attitude toward the bar and complaining about having to go visit made me angry. It looked like a fun and clean college bar that I would probably go to if I were 21.  Could you imagine if he spoke about her 'business' that way? I did laugh when Chase made up a fake drink for her. There seemed to be no affection from him and he looked like he was barely tolerating her. I hope his business bounces back and he enjoys his baby.

• Love 4
On 11/25/2020 at 2:53 PM, swankie said:

That weigh in she had last episode at the gym showing she had supposedly lost weight was such a farce.  Judging by the way she looked sitting on that couch with her mom, her weight is at an all time high.  Her leg alone looked the size of a small child.  She should seriously burn that blue dress.  

Her legs looked huge and maybe it was me but they also looked a bit blue. She is likely starting to have circulation issues. Fabulous 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1