Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Slipping Through My Fingers

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I'm so glad for Chase that this was all fake and I hope he made a boat load of money after having to deal with her bullshit.

And I hope he used said money to bolster his new business and create a nice life for his real girlfriend and daughter - who will probably appreciate it and look at it as the gesture of love it is.  Fake vs. Reality . . . mind blowing!  Not to mention the indignities he endured to earn that money.  I’m not sure how he did it, or if he should have, but I hope he used that money to make a better life for his family.

• Love 10

I'm not much of a dog person (cats rule!) so I'm not an expert on canine behavior, but it looked to me as if Chase's dog Piper, didn't know Whitney at all. She claimed to have visited Chase five times between October and February and groused about having to let herself into "his house" and then wait around until he got off work. Wasn't Piper in the house?** Don't dog people make sure anyone they are interested in meets and gets along with the dog long before they propose marriage? (With my cats, I settled for benign indifference, which would eventually turn into into "you may scratch me at the base of my tail" acceptance if the guy stayed around for a while and occasionally doled out the dinner.)

**Rhetorical question.

• Love 12

Maybe the title of this episode should have been "Slipping OFF my finger."  

I, too, would be devastated if my $20 stainless steel and fake diamond ring slipped off of my finger and was swept out to sea.  

Poor Whitney.  Girlfriend just can't catch a break.  

😂😂😂

• LOL 12

It's possible, I guess, that a ring of some sort slipped off Whitney's finger into the surf.  Some fat people have surprisingly tiny fingers, and maybe Whitney does, too.  More likely, there was no ring on her finger at the time.  If Chase had really bought her an expensive ring and it came off in the surf, I think he'd have made a *little* more effort to save it. 

I think the "loss" of the "ring" was a cheap way to avoid the discomfort of "will she return his ring?  Will he ask for the ring back?" fake nonsense we'd otherwise have been subjected to.

Why did they go to the beach on a gray, miserable day to discuss their future living arrangements?  Where were they going to sit for this serious confab?  Is it possible, could it be, so that Whitney could "lose" her ring?  We'll never know.

About that dress.  I liked it--those buttons up the front would be flattering to Whitney.  I agree she needed a larger size, but more important, I think, is some kind of supportive underwear, not a girdle or anything, just maybe a full-body Spanx, to smooth everything out.  Even at a larger size, I think her flaps and folds would have been the most prominent features of this dress without something elastic holding it all together.

And does any woman look her best with her hair skinned up into a bun on the very top of her head?  Looks like an onion to me.

And while I'm at it.  Whitney needs cosmetic dentistry to trim down her rabbit teeth.  I've mentioned this before, but apparently she isn't listening.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Shauna said:

My first thought?  She's actually dressed instead of leggings, a sports bra, and no shoes.  Second thought?  Wow, that dress is at least two sizes too small for her. 

That weigh in she had last episode at the gym showing she had supposedly lost weight was such a farce.  Judging by the way she looked sitting on that couch with her mom, her weight is at an all time high.  Her leg alone looked the size of a small child.  She should seriously burn that blue dress.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Mothra said:

And does any woman look her best with her hair skinned up into a bun on the very top of her head?  Looks like an onion to me.

This made me laugh.  I don't think it's a good look either, it makes her head look small which kind of emphasizes the rest of her.

5 minutes ago, swankie said:

Judging by the way she looked sitting on that couch with her mom, her weight is at an all time high.

I was thinking she looks bigger too. I think she's been exercising a lot less.  I noticed it when she was in the car constantly playing with her hair, talk about annoying.

• Love 3

Did anyone tear up when Whitney sobbed over her Claire's ring being washed away? Yeah, me neither. First off, it was a real ring, you betcha it would have been sized the minute I got home from the faux engagement trip, second, it would be insured. I am surprised that she didn't immediately call up Buddy & gang to hi-tail it down there with a metal detector. That club looked like an abandoned storage facility, I am not knocking it because back in the day I spent many of nights at some seedy hole in the wall places, and they were far more fun than the big clurbs with a cover charge. I totally got the vibe that Chase was over it. In fact, I think I heard him speak the most I ever heard last night. I also agree with everyone how snotty and entitled she was. She isn't an A list celebrity at all and I would hardly call her video's a successful career when she isn't doing anything but showing up and then complaining to Ryan. Her weight seems to be back up at least in the 350's - and she should definitely invest in shape-wear. I bet she went back to the B&B and cuddled with Babs all night.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Mothra said:

About that dress.  I liked it--those buttons up the front would be flattering to Whitney.  I agree she needed a larger size, but more important, I think, is some kind of supportive underwear, not a girdle or anything, just maybe a full-body Spanx, to smooth everything out.  Even at a larger size, I think her flaps and folds would have been the most prominent features of this dress without something elastic holding it all together.

The largest size Spanx comes in is a G, which goes up to 325 pounds (and a 3x for some lines which goes up to a size 28W). Not sure what  she weighs now, but Whitney might just be able to squeeze into the largest sizes. She'd end up looking like a beach ball since all the shapewear would be able to do is smooth down the lines a bit (and all that blubber has to go somewhere), Still, if she could find shapewear that fit her, it would make those form-fitting dresses look a bit better. I really wish that she'd invest in a wardrobe that actually fit her.

I don't know who the producers think that they're fooling with all this. Chase was so checked out and Whitney was acting like a sullen twat the whole time. She wants everything on her terms and if she has to be at all flexible... forget it. I'm glad that for Chase's sake that this was all scripted because a man would have to be an absolute idiot to get engaged to someone as selfish and self-involved as Whitney. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Did anyone tear up when Whitney sobbed over her Claire's ring being washed away? Yeah, me neither. First off, it was a real ring, you betcha it would have been sized the minute I got home from the faux engagement trip, second, it would be insured. I am surprised that she didn't immediately call up Buddy & gang to hi-tail it down there with a metal detector. That club looked like an abandoned storage facility, I am not knocking it because back in the day I spent many of nights at some seedy hole in the wall places, and they were far more fun than the big clurbs with a cover charge. I totally got the vibe that Chase was over it. In fact, I think I heard him speak the most I ever heard last night. I also agree with everyone how snotty and entitled she was. She isn't an A list celebrity at all and I would hardly call her video's a successful career when she isn't doing anything but showing up and then complaining to Ryan. Her weight seems to be back up at least in the 350's - and she should definitely invest in shape-wear. I bet she went back to the B&B and cuddled with Babs all night.

😂😂😂

And scuba suits!

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Shauna said:

My first thought?  She's actually dressed instead of leggings, a sports bra, and no shoes.  Second thought?  Wow, that dress is at least two sizes too small for her. 

I haven't watched this episode (and won’t) but here's what I know: the scenes at the klerb were filmed on March 13 after 10 PM. It was announced on Amplify's FB page, and there's a picture of Twit with the staff --- all men ---  of the club. What,  no women work there? BS! You can check out the  FB page AMPLIFY NC. 

That dress is dowdy.  Matronly. Ugly. And those  shoes, oy!

I don't think Whit knew about the pregnancy at that point, unless someone at the klerb let it slip. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Ok I just couldn’t stand it sooo...I was noticing the talking heads throughout the episode.  In the first part (before the loss of the ring) she’s got it on...even slipping it off and on as she talks.  As soon as we get to the part where she loses it in the ocean, she now no longer has it on and she’s gained a few rings on her other hand, yet everything else is the same; she’s dressed identically, has identical hair/make-up, earrings, necklace, watchband and bracelets.  Assuming the talking head portion was filmed after the shots at the beach and driving home from Wilmington, what’s the deal with the ring, again?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I only got to the part where Chase’s sister is at the restaurant and gave up.  Does Whitney lose the ring in the ocean FOREVER or do they eventually find it??  If this were a real engagement she would have demanded the Coast Guard be called out.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I haven’t watched this show in awhile but the promo clips of Whitney lighting things on fire sucked me back in. Can someone clarify what Glenn was referring to when he was saying Whitney has a business in Charlotte?

No one knows 😄 😄😄   But it's thriving!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, princelina said:

No one knows 😄 😄😄   But it's thriving!

When Glenn referenced her "thriving business in Charlotte" I lol'ed, thinking he was being facetious. And then I was like, "Oh, fuck! He's being serious!" The delusion is strong with this bunch. 

I think she knew about the pregnancy during this episode. Chase was working overtime at one point trying to talk to her and for the rest of the time he could hardly withstand his disdain. 

• Love 4

Did anyone notice the ash all over the coffee table and the ashtray with something in it? 

Also, Sweatney does a great impression of Babs - I cracked up. I mean, I know it's her mother and she's known her all of her life, but it was funny (well, to me anyway).

That bar looked like a juice bar during the day. They were definitely happy for the free advertising that the show gave them!
https://www.facebook.com/amplifynightclub/photos/rpp.107995903875212/200801331261335/?type=3&theater 

Also, it doesn't look like it's been open since March unless it's changed names and gotten a whole new social media profile. Love how Sweatney rolls up in those ugly-assed clodhoppers and a dress that shows her FUPA flopping all over.

I also don't get why Babs had to drive over 3 hours to Wilmington because she could not be home alone, but Sweatney left her alone in the Air BnB. 

I think Piper ate the ring. She knows what's up.

IMG_2917.jpg

1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

Did anyone notice the ash all over the coffee table and the ashtray with something in it? 

Also, Sweatney does a great impression of Babs - I cracked up. I mean, I know it's her mother and she's known her all of her life, but it was funny (well, to me anyway).

That bar looked like a juice bar during the day. They were definitely happy for the free advertising that the show gave them!
https://www.facebook.com/amplifynightclub/photos/rpp.107995903875212/200801331261335/?type=3&theater 

Also, it doesn't look like it's been open since March unless it's changed names and gotten a whole new social media profile. Love how Sweatney rolls up in those ugly-assed clodhoppers and a dress that shows her FUPA flopping all over.

I also don't get why Babs had to drive over 3 hours to Wilmington because she could not be home alone, but Sweatney left her alone in the Air BnB. 

IMG_2917.jpg

It's more of a club than a bar, and I think that's why the setup seemed weird. NC restrictions kept it and others closed throughout the summer. It was able to reopen in the fall. I think they, like many businesses, are struggling. It actually made me sad when Chase animatedly discussed the summer plans. Knowing what we know now...

I laughed at her Babs imitation, too. It was pretty good.

• Love 3

caronar

Having misplaced my Twit to English Language translating app could someone explain what this might be? I'm not going to pay to watch so I appreciate the screen grab of the blue dress to remind me how out of place she looked when she deigned to visit.

I would really appreciate seeing a clip of the the professional dancer at the clerb looking matronly and devoid of rhythm.

Thanks and, Happy Thanksgiving!

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Having misplaced my Twit to English Language translating app could someone explain what this might be? I'm not going to pay to watch so I appreciate the screen grab of the blue dress to remind me how out of place she looked when she deigned to visit.

I would really appreciate seeing a clip of the the professional dancer at the clerb looking matronly and devoid of rhythm.

Thanks and, Happy Thanksgiving!

Caronar is how Twit was saying corona as in coronavirus.

Edited by SevenCostanza
  • LOL 2

The next episode or two may actually be interesting.  Here's old Chase being set up as so in love with Whitney, wanting her to live with him, no notion of there being anything wrong with the engagement, and then--because we know he has a pregnant girlfriend just offstage--he's going to turn into a villain?  Either he will be a villain who has been stringing Whitney along all this time, or this pregnancy is the result of some casual, maybe drunken, one-night stand--and he's still a villain!  Will the charming Chase, who never misses an opportunity to kiss Whitney's forehead or look at her all calf-eyed, be able to shift into villain-mode without the entire dramatic structure of the show falling apart?

They could take the easy way out and have him die of covid.  That would be my suggestion.

And speaking of covid:  my god, you'd think Buddy's mother was on a ventilator in the hospital being rolled into the morgue!  She's waiting for the results of the test, for pity's sake!  I certainly hope she does not have covid, but I know a lot of people, including me, who have been tested, and there was no panic until/unless a positive result came about.  Covid is no joke, but the end-of-the-world-worthy hysteria of Whit and Babs on hearing that a friend's mother was being tested seemed forced.

Finally, does Whit ever let her mother answer her own phone and have a conversation with the person who called wanting to speak to Babs, not leering, inappropriate Whitney?

• Love 7

The ‘clurb’ looked like a converted warehouse rental unit . it looked rough, and uninviting. I’m sorry but i want a drink in a glass and not in a cheap disposable cup. 

Twit was very rude toward her Mom.  She treated her like an unwelcome guest... “oh time to haul ole Bab’s to the B&B”..She took over the phone conversation with her Dad even though the phone call was for Babs.  There is a very weird competition go on there with her Mom. unhealthy to the max. 

The engagement  ring is replaceable. it looked like costume jewelry you’d find at Claires.  Buy 3 for $25.

Wilmington looked beautiful and Chase has done well for himself if that is his actual home.  

I nearly choked on my tea when Daddy enabler said she should not  leave her successful business to go live with Chase. As if.  Mr. 1950’s life would be complete if Twit was a ‘kept woman’ stay at home, eat bon bons, take the ‘happy pills,’ and have the gin and  tonic ready when the husband comes home kind of woman. Please wear pearls and keep the red lipstick fresh...

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 4
On 11/25/2020 at 11:06 PM, lightninggirl said:

IMG_2917.jpg

I think they're concerned about Babs being alone for extended periods.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

The ‘clurb’ looked like a converted warehouse rental unit . it looked rough, and uninviting. I’m sorry but i want a drink in a glass and not in a cheap disposable cup. 

Twit was very rude toward her Mom.  She treated her like an unwelcome guest... “oh time to haul ole Bab’s to the B&B”..She took over the phone conversation with her Dad even though the phone call was for Babs.  There is a very weird competition go on there with her Mom. unhealthy to the max. 

The engagement  ring is replaceable. it looked like costume jewelry you’d find at Claires.  Buy 3 for $25.

Wilmington looked beautiful and Chase has done well for himself if that is his actual home.  

I nearly choked on my tea when Daddy enabler said she should not  leave her successful business to go live with Chase. As if.  Mr. 1950’s life would be complete if Twit was a ‘kept woman’ stay at home, eat bon bons, take the ‘happy pills,’ and have the gin and  tonic ready when the husband comes home kind of woman. Please wear pearls and keep the red lipstick fresh...

I think the place looked on point for a college bar in a college town.  I agree the ring looked extremely fake, you’re better than I am.  I was going to say  2 for $10.  This whole idea of Whitney always being the one to compromise is preposterous.  The only thing this woman comprises is her self respect and dignity.  So Chase has a job as Director of Accounting, Bar investor/manager, and  a Finance manager with a natural disaster logistics company, and Whitney makes 2 hours of videos a week where Ryan seemingly did the majority of the work.  So, of course, I can understand why Chase would automatically be chosen to uproot his life.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, readheaded said:

I think they're concerned about Babs being alone for extended periods.

I do, too.  I think Babs may have some cognitive effects lingering from her stroke.  I wouldn't want her living alone.

• Love 3

Glenn probably knew the relationship wasn’t going anywhere and was trying to help give Whitney an out. I think Glenn enjoys working and also knows he needs to save as much as possible because he supplements his kids’ incomes. Isn’t the son an “actor”? Plus Glenn co-signed the house for Whitney. He probably knows he is on the hook for life helping pay their bills. 

I actually think Whitney was really freaking out when the ring fell into the ocean. Not because it was an engagement ring but because it was a ring she paid bought herself. It may not have been really expensive but she didn’t want to lose it since she paid for it. 

I never understood why Whitney didn’t get some type of endorsement deal for plus sized clothes. She would just have to put her name on it like real celebrities, while others did the actual designing, and then promote them while wearing the clothes herself. She would likely be much better dressed and have a little extra cash. I know a couple of women Whitney’s size and they are always beautifully dressed. There is no reason she cannot wear clothes that are attractive and the correct size. 

• Love 4
On 11/24/2020 at 2:26 AM, mamadrama said:

They do this in their other shows, too. They most recently did it on 90 Day Fiance when they had Coltee, Debbie, and Jess all staying in the same room. Same old TLC trope. They need new writers. I know where they could find 2 or 3 hundred with high levels of snark...

Off topic a bit but the best was when Ari and Bini were in bed talking and the camera panned out to a third bed with Momma Ari laying in it staring at them ...I almost fell over. The Paris storyline was weird. Ryan and Todd looked like they were about the burst out laughing when Whit announced her 'engagement'.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

ARG just a personal pet peeve but I hate people with fake rings pretending they are real as though it is some bizarre status symbol to have a giant diamond on your finger.  Many of my friends have beautiful non-diamond engagement rings.  Either they preferred different stones or they went simple due to the fact they could not afford a huge diamond.  What is wrong with that?  I would rather have a lovely sapphire or simple small stone than a huge fake blinged out mess on my finger. If you want and can afford a huge diamond then more power to you but it really shouldn't matter. *end rant*  NOTE: Fake ring for a fake show I get...just referring to real life.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

I never understood why Whitney didn’t get some type of endorsement deal for plus sized clothes. She would just have to put her name on it like real celebrities, while others did the actual designing, and then promote them while wearing the clothes herself. She would likely be much better dressed and have a little extra cash. I know a couple of women Whitney’s size and they are always beautifully dressed. There is no reason she cannot wear clothes that are attractive and the correct size. 

Why didn't she work on getting fit as the season one premise of this show?Why didn't she market and franchise BGDC (ala Jazzercise)?  Why didn't she work har to build her business with Ryan?  Why can't she bother to get dressed in regular clothes to go out?  She's just too lazy to do anything.  If she had not marketed herself as a lazy slob who pees in hot tubs someone may have wanted her to advertise their clothing.  It seems like sometimes she is trying (like when she was talking about clothes from Torrid) but no one wants her as a spokesperson 😄 

3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

ARG just a personal pet peeve but I hate people with fake rings pretending they are real as though it is some bizarre status symbol to have a giant diamond on your finger.  Many of my friends have beautiful non-diamond engagement rings.  Either they preferred different stones or they went simple due to the fact they could not afford a huge diamond.  What is wrong with that?  I would rather have a lovely sapphire or simple small stone than a huge fake blinged out mess on my finger. If you want and can afford a huge diamond then more power to you but it really shouldn't matter. *end rant* 

In real life I agree.  But when you're faking an engagement you need a big fake ring!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, princelina said:

Why didn't she work on getting fit as the season one premise of this show?Why didn't she market and franchise BGDC (ala Jazzercise)?  Why didn't she work har to build her business with Ryan?  Why can't she bother to get dressed in regular clothes to go out?  She's just too lazy to do anything.  If she had not marketed herself as a lazy slob who pees in hot tubs someone may have wanted her to advertise their clothing.  It seems like sometimes she is trying (like when she was talking about clothes from Torrid) but no one wants her as a spokesperson 😄 

In real life I agree.  But when you're faking an engagement you need a big fake ring!

AGREE, I added a note to clarify this 🙂

• LOL 1

Random observations:

• I couldn't believe Babs said in one of her THs that it's so obvious to see that Chase and Whitney really love each other...highly delusional, must have been her inner hopefully prospective Grandma talking!
  • Whitney's inappropriateness knows no bounds...slyly saying "you're telling me that your equipment works pretty good", to her father
  • Yeah, sure, they are a happily engaged couple....that's why they weren't holding hands on the pier or, even more significantly, while Whitney was doing what would have been her star stroll through Chase's bar if she really were the proud fiancee of the owner.  And when Chase arrived at his house and first saw Whitney (after supposed months apart), all he did was come over and put his hand on her shoulder (and of course she was angry about his envelope/key proposal, so she didn't even stand up to greet him.)  And they couldn't even fake it enough to kiss goodbye or say "I love you" when she left the bar to take Babs to the B&B or when she left the bar later that night to go back to his house.  (And by the way, she was depicted as drinking multiple drinks at the bar, and stating that she was planning to do that, yet she appeared to drive herself to his house.)
  • I think that was her first visit to Wilmington, because when she complained about the drive, Chase said, "Now you see what I go through".
  • When she was dancing with Cadan and facing him, it really looked like she was trying to get all up on him.
  • Whit actually said, while discussing Chase's involvement with the bar, "What is it that's at this bar?"  Well, uh, honey, let's see...it's gainful employment (for him and others), something that he wants to build up, something that he puts effort into and is looking forward to the results, an outlet for creativity, something that is rewarding to him in many different ways...all of which are things that she should have been able to relate to from her own life, if she had an ounce of empathy for anyone else
  • When the ring was lost, and she was driving back with Babs discussing that she can't ask him to get her another one, she was saying something like "What can we do?"  Well, how about file an insurance claim (if it had been a real ring)?
  • When Whitney and Babs were at the bar, and he was talking about it and said, "I'm very excited", all she could do was kind of lift her eyebrows in a feigned enthusiasm, and couldn't even say "And I'm excited for you!"  It wasn't until time had passed, and she did her THs, that she realized she should be expressing supporting words about her (supposed) fiance.
  • Do grown adult women really climb into bed with their mothers, and hold hands????
  • Could anyone tell what the drink was on the drink menu that Chase was referring to when he said "We should do this one but not that one?"  The only one I saw was Sex on the Beach.
On 11/25/2020 at 11:06 PM, lightninggirl said:

It's been said that Whitney smokes, but not on camera...not sure if that's what you are referring to.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

When she was dancing with Cadan and facing him, it really looked like she was trying to get all up on him.

Wouldn't that have been a good breakup story - Whit leaves her fiance after his better-looking roommate fell for her and wooed her away 😄 

• LOL 4
On 11/25/2020 at 6:35 PM, kicotan said:

Ok I just couldn’t stand it sooo...I was noticing the talking heads throughout the episode.  In the first part (before the loss of the ring) she’s got it on...even slipping it off and on as she talks.  As soon as we get to the part where she loses it in the ocean, she now no longer has it on and she’s gained a few rings on her other hand, yet everything else is the same; she’s dressed identically, has identical hair/make-up, earrings, necklace, watchband and bracelets.  Assuming the talking head portion was filmed after the shots at the beach and driving home from Wilmington, what’s the deal with the ring, again?

Funny how the ring showed up for the first few talking heads. I know those are filmed after filming and typically out of sequence (I've noticed diff nail polish colors and jewelry in the past ) 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

ARG just a personal pet peeve but I hate people with fake rings pretending they are real as though it is some bizarre status symbol to have a giant diamond on your finger.  Many of my friends have beautiful non-diamond engagement rings.  Either they preferred different stones or they went simple due to the fact they could not afford a huge diamond.  What is wrong with that?  I would rather have a lovely sapphire or simple small stone than a huge fake blinged out mess on my finger. If you want and can afford a huge diamond then more power to you but it really shouldn't matter. *end rant*  NOTE: Fake ring for a fake show I get...just referring to real life.

I agree the stone was probably fake, but Big Whit wasn’t pretending it was a diamond—she said it was a yellow sapphire, and that it was ‘exactly what I wanted.’ 

I’m basically a raccoon and love big giant, shiny ETHICALLY SOURCED diamonds, but yellow and white sapphires are a good substitute if you can’t afford or don’t want diamonds. 

• Useful 1

As to Whit's business in wherever, does BGDC still exist?  

4 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I think she looks sloppy too often, and her clothes are too tight.

• Love 1

Whit certainly knew about the baby by this time, wish there was a camera on her when she got the news LOL.  All scripted but then Chase the Actor got a little "ahead of himself" and they had to up the breakup timeline. I'll bet even the filming schedule, brief as it is,  was just getting too much for him.  How awful must it be to be around her and pretend to having a hot romance?  Maybe she was going to leave him at the altar, or perhaps Buddy was going to jump up when the minister asked if anyone had an objection to the marriage!  This explains how absolutely pissy and out of sorts she was this episode.  And I'll bet she selfishly took Babs home to her apartment (for her safety LOL) in Charlotte rather than to the comfort of her own spacious comfortable home with her husband, who was only gone for a few days on his business trip after all).  She needed her mommy to comfort her when she cried about how Chase couldn't fulfill his contractual requirements, how he went and did this awful thing, and of course, why can't she find a guy just like Chase for a REAL relationship?  Boo hoo.  Watching the 2 of them walking on the beach was hysterical.  He, the absolutely hippest hipster with the most perfect man bun ever, dressed in his beachiest beachwear, and Whitney, older, morbidly obese, fake hair, sinking in the surf and sobbing while she pretends to lose her "engagement" ring.  Oh I forgot, it was too big, it needed to be resized.  And Chase the Actor couldn't even muster up any sympathy or pretend to give a crap.  

• Love 5

I said this during the Alaska episode but why does she think it's so cool/cute to say "er" instead of "uh" in words? It drives me absolutely crazy! It's one of those things that was probably funny a few years ago for a minute but she just keeps trying to make it a thing. Alaskerrr. Clurrrrb. Coronerrr virus. Makes me want to rip my hair out. Whitney, you are in your mid 30s STOP SAYING STUPID THINGS TO TRY TO LOOK COOL. Speak like a competent adult!

I'm sure this has been said as well (sorry, still going through all the replies) but isn't it interesting how she has the ring in the THs but then after she "loses" it, it suddenly disappeared even though these are probably all filmed in one day?

She has proven this episode that it's all about her, no compromise whatsoever. If she hopes to ever have a *real* relationship, she needs to learn it can't be her way 100% of the time.

Edited by sara1025
  • Love 7

I swear TLC thinks we are morons. I know it’s been mentioned already, but I was so amused at Mt. Whitney’s talking heads. I came here to see if others had noticed too. Before the beach, she had the ring on and after the beach, no ring, BUT the same damn clothes, lol!

• Love 5
On 11/25/2020 at 8:06 PM, lightninggirl said:

IMG_2917.jpg

Maybe Whitney is still smoking.  Will outed her a few seasons back about her nicotine use.  

(The picture is a little blurry for me, so I'm just assuming cigarette ash is a possibility).

13 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Maybe Whitney is still smoking.  Will outed her a few seasons back about her nicotine use.  

(The picture is a little blurry for me, so I'm just assuming cigarette ash is a possibility).

I can’t tell what the picture is, but I have always assumed Whitney still smokes. It takes a lot of effort and willpower to quit smoking and we’ve all seen how well she does with something that requires effort. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Mommygetz said:

I swear TLC thinks we are morons. I know it’s been mentioned already, but I was so amused at Mt. Whitney’s talking heads. I came here to see if others had noticed too. Before the beach, she had the ring on and after the beach, no ring, BUT the same damn clothes, lol!

Here's  one possibility: Chase or someone else told her about the baby, so she called off the fake engagement.  In order to explain why she wasn't wearing the ring, TLC made up the  "lost it in the ocean" story. I mean  really... does anyone believe that  5 months after the proposal, the ring hadn't been resized? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Pachengala said:

I agree the stone was probably fake, but Big Whit wasn’t pretending it was a diamond—she said it was a yellow sapphire, and that it was ‘exactly what I wanted.’ 

I’m basically a raccoon and love big giant, shiny ETHICALLY SOURCED diamonds, but yellow and white sapphires are a good substitute if you can’t afford or don’t want diamonds. 

Thanks for clarifying...I thought it was some sort of canary diamond, I know nothing about stones 😂 Nothing wrong with loving diamonds though, if that's what you want and you can afford it that is great! It just drives me nuts when someone shoves glass in my face and blathers on about how much their fiance must have spent....girl no. I find gals with the real thing don't brag about it nearly as often.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Here's  one possibility: Chase or someone else told her about the baby, so she called off the fake engagement.  In order to explain why she wasn't wearing the ring, TLC made up the  "lost it in the ocean" story. I mean  really... does anyone believe that  5 months after the proposal, the ring hadn't been resized? 

Sometimes when my fingers get cold they prune up a little and my rings get loose. I agree with you, though, and think this is likely what happened. It could also explain her bursting into tears; the tears may have been real, the reason for them different.

• Love 1
On 11/25/2020 at 11:53 AM, swankie said:

That weigh in she had last episode at the gym showing she had supposedly lost weight was such a farce.  Judging by the way she looked sitting on that couch with her mom, her weight is at an all time high.  Her leg alone looked the size of a small child.  She should seriously burn that blue dress.  

I rewound a few times and did a triple take on that scene.  It was shocking, but not shocking. 

• Love 2

I'm not much of a dog person (cats rule!) so I'm not an expert on canine behavior, but it looked to me as if Chase's dog Piper, didn't know Whitney at all. She claimed to have visited Chase five times between October and February and groused about having to let herself into "his house" and then wait around until he got off work. Wasn't Piper in the house?** Don't dog people make sure anyone they are interested in meets and gets along with the dog long before they propose marriage? (With my cats, I settled for benign indifference, which would eventually turn into into "you may scratch me at the base of my tail" acceptance if the guy stayed around for a while and occasionally doled out the dinner.)

I'm not an expert in canine behavior but I have had many dogs and done rescue work so I have some insight. It really depends on the dog. Some dogs love everyone they ever meet and will greet a stranger with the same zeal and enthusiasm they would show their family members. Other dogs are timid with strangers but affectionate and loving with their people - and it can take different lengths of time and varied exposures for the dog to get comfortable with new people. Still others are partial to people of one gender (my first Labrador was friendly to everyone but she was a man's dog - she would flirt outrageously and lay all over any man who came into the house, stranger or not). 

I would think that most dogs would eventually get sufficiently comfortable with anyone new coming into a house. It would be unusual for a dog to never warm up to someone living in a house unless the dog has some pretty serious issues. You need a dog to at least be able to be around the vet, the groomer and any other strangers that might come into contact with it. So to (finally) answer your question, unless my dog was pretty reactive to people, I don't know that I'd worry too much about the dog and a prospective partner spending tons of time together. I would be more concerned about my prospective partner's perspective on dogs (for me, getting a dog is a lifetime commitment so I'm not open to the idea of rehoming a dog; I use positive reinforcement and not punitive discipline, etc.). 

• Love 1
On 11/25/2020 at 2:05 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I recently went on her IG snooping someone recently asked what her weight was and  she said 325! She looks to be hitting 400+

• LOL 2