Type keyword(s) to search

Does Your Eyeball Unlock MTAC?

Ohmo
  • Start Topic

(edited)

My rather lame attempt at thread title humor notwithstanding, I thought it'd be nice to have spoilers in one central location.  That way we wouldn't have to use spoiler tags all the time.  i think stacey mods this forum, so if this is a no-go, stacey, please delete with my apologies.

Moving from Behind the Scenes thread

With Michael Weatherly having gotten in such good shape this summer for his triathlon, will this be addressed for NCIS‘ DiNozzo? –Joni
The actor’s lean, mean physique apparently will help Tony’s game. Show boss Gary Glasberg tells us he’s in the “formative stages” of crafting a new love interest for Tony, someone that NCIS’ most eligible agent (G Callen excepted) will meet through a case. “It’s time for Tony to continue to grow a little bit,” says Glasberg. “He went through a lot last year emotionally and tried to deal with Ziva’s departure as he could. And it’s time” for someone new. “We’ll be mature about it and handle it properly, and Michael’s excited about it.”

TVLine

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1

My rather lame attempt at thread title humor notwithstanding, I thought it'd be nice to have spoilers in one central location.  That way we wouldn't have to use spoiler tags all the time.  i think stacey mods this forum, so if this is a no-go, stacey, please delete with my apologies.

Moving from Behind the Scenes thread

TVLine

To the writers and directors: No thanks, I'll pass -_-.

Was hoping that Ziva would show up every so often. But now with this new news, that hope is no longer there. Will still watch the show, but I'm not involved with cheering for any of the couples, since who knows if the actors/actresses will even stay on the show. It's just too fluid.

(edited)

I was a big fan of Tony and Ziva but she's gone at least for the foreseeable future and I'd like to see Tony with someone else or in a few serious relationships. If they're bringing on someone for Tony to date or at least be interested in I want it to be someone who's mature.  Don't care the age but I'd like to see a woman who is strong, secure in herself.  I'd like to see them be equals.  I don't think we've seen Tony in a relationship like for a long time if ever.

I initially liked Tony with Jeanne but began to loathe the way Jeanne was written.  EJ was okay.  Paula Cassidy was great and someone with her kind of energy would be welcome.  I like the way they write Borin, too, so someone in the vein of Borin or Cassidy would be an interesting love interest for Tony.  I'd also like to see a more mature side of him, too.  As long as this potential relationship or whatever it turns into doesn't take over the show and is treated maturely so that both Tony and this other woman are acting like adults, I'll look forward to it.

Edited by Betweenthisandthat

I'd like Tony to be in a relationship simiilar to McGee and Delilah or Gibbs and Ryan.  I hated Ryan as a character, but I liked the concept of Gibbs dating someone in a related field but with whom he interacted with professionally only on a limited basis.  Gibbs/Ryan seemed like a failed test run of this concept, and Glasberg seems to have had more success with McGee/Delilah.  I like knowing that McGee and Delilah have a relationship life outside of NCIS.  Ducky had a similar type of relationship with Jordan at one time.

I like the idea of Tony in an adult relationship with someone who treats him like a decent human being instead of something unpleasant they've found underneath their shoe.  Just so long as it's kept in the background and we don't have to suffer great clunking anvils being dropped into episodes they have no business to be in (yes I loathed Tiva with a passion).

TV Fanatic has an interview with GG which has some interesting sounding spoilers:

TV Fanatic

Edited highlights include:

Multiple crossovers with NOLA

Season long Russian big bad

Gibbs & McGee in Russia in episode 1 

Ducky origin story which invloves Ducky and Bishop going to England

Love the idea of the Ducky episode, we haven't had a decent Ducky episode in forever.  The idea of a Russian big bad is certainly topical, and makes a welcome change from the seemingly endless stream of Middle Eastern types we've had in recent seasons.  I'm cautiously optimistic for season 12!

Looking forward to the Ducky story and why Bishop is going with him. Also the Russian storyline  since Gibbs and the Russian connections goes right back to the pilot eps in JAG.

As for Tony i do want a nice relationship for him but i also want it off screen most of the time, nothing to do with a case or anyone at NCIS. I think any woman they team him up with will be very independent , all of the women he has dated so far have been. When i think about Wendy or Paula or Jeanne or EJ, they are all strong independent women. I have left Ziva off the list cause they didn't actually date, feelings from Tony at the end and Ziva in the beginning but no actually dating.

I like the idea of Tony in an adult relationship with someone who treats him like a decent human being instead of something unpleasant they've found underneath their shoe.  Just so long as it's kept in the background and we don't have to suffer great clunking anvils being dropped into episodes they have no business to be in (yes I loathed Tiva with a passion).

TV Fanatic has an interview with GG which has some interesting sounding spoilers:

TV Fanatic

Edited highlights include:

Multiple crossovers with NOLA

Season long Russian big bad

Gibbs & McGee in Russia in episode 1 

Ducky origin story which invloves Ducky and Bishop going to England

Love the idea of the Ducky episode, we haven't had a decent Ducky episode in forever.  The idea of a Russian big bad is certainly topical, and makes a welcome change from the seemingly endless stream of Middle Eastern types we've had in recent seasons.  I'm cautiously optimistic for season 12!

I feel that way as well, only in a slightly different context. I was a fan of Tony/Ziva, and I'd hate for this new relationship to be shoved in our faces. That would just be wrong.

Are we going to get the backstory on how Abby and/or Ducky started with NCIS? Also, What is the title of Episode 1? –Barbara

I’ve got nada on Abs thus far, but showrunner Gary Glasberg says that Episode 3 is “a Ducky origin story, where people learn all kinds of things about his past and see a younger David McCallum, so we’re excited about that.” The Season 12 premiere, meanwhile, is titled, “20 Clicks.”

TVLine

Younger Ducky?!  Color me intrigued at the prospect.  I've already read some fan speculation about the possibility of CBS somehow using old footage from The Man from u.N.C.L.E.  It's not out of the realm of reality.  H50 has done it with footage from the original series.

• Love 2

I read earlier that Steve Binder will be writing that Ducky episode. I usually enjoy his writing, and Ducky's episodes have always been consistently fun for me to watch, ever since Meat Puzzle.  I consider even Detour to be one of my favorites from season 10.  I thought I also read in the TVFanatic article they were casting for a young Ducky, but I might have been wrong because I don't see that said anywhere.  It would be fun to see the real DM when he was younger, if they decide to use older footage. 

• Love 1
Question: Can you tell us anything about this new woman that Tony will meet this season on NCIS? —Mel

Ausiello: As previously reported, the woman due to enter DiNozzo’s life will do so via a case, and as such his dynamic with her will be “completely different” than what he shared with NCIS colleague Ziva David, show boss Gary Glasberg tells us. “The trick will be casting somebody where the chemistry [with Michael Weatherly] is there, but we’re excited about the opportunity,” Glasberg adds. “We’ll give it a shot and see what we can do.”

TVLine

As someone who liked Tony's vibe with the Baltimore Homicide detective in "Stakeout" I hope it is something like that.  Although she certainly gave as good as she got from Tony it seemed like a very equal dynamic.  Having this person be a LEO would also offer a way for them to cross paths professionally every once in a while without it taking over.  

Just curious, is the actress that played McGee’s girlfriend coming back to NCIS, or are they done? –Chris

Through production of Season 12 thus far, Big Bang alum Margo Harshman has yet to reprise her role as Delilah – though, as show boss Gary Glasberg promised, McGee’s complicated relationship has not been dropped. In fact, I’m hearing that Delilah has been referenced several times already.

In Season 10 on NCIS, we finally met McGee’s dad. Will we see him this season or at least get an update on his cancer? –Linda

“I don’t know if we’ll see McGee’s dad or not,” show boss Gary Glasberg said when I brought your question to him, “but we’ll certainly revisit that storyline.”

TV Line

Having ended what he calls a "tumultuous" Season 11 on a quiet, cliffhanger-free note, show boss Gary Glasberg says Season 12 "absolutely" opens "with a bang." The premiere, titled' "20 Clicks," sends Gibbs and McGee to Russia "for a really significant crisis" that introduces a mercenary/new adversary (played by Alex Veadov) "who will pop up throughout the season." Also: DiNozzo will be partnered with a pretty FBI agent (Melrose Place's Stephanie Jacobsen), there will be flashbacks to Ducky's younger days, the McGee/Delilah storyline will continue and we'll meet Bishop's husband.

BONUS SPOILER | Diane Neal will return in an early episode as CGIS Agent Borin. "She is a favorite of the cast and crew," raves Glasberg. "If we could clone her, we would and have her back again and again."

RETURN DATE | Tuesday, Sept. 23 at 8/7c (CBS)

TV Line

• Love 1

My thoughts on this: He could partner with a door handle and I wouldn't care tbh -_-.

They had him and Ziva go back and forth for around 8 years (iirc), so anyone else is just background noise.

I'm not really going to bother to cheer for him to get with anyone else. It's just not worth it. You just don't know how long someone will stay around, cast wise. So it's not really worth investing the time caring.

They had him and Ziva go back and forth for around 8 years (iirc), so anyone else is just background noise.

Not exactly true. Ziva/Cote was on the show for 8 years, but they had Tony/Ziva going around and around for about 3 years. Her first season was her just joining the team and being a fish out of water...but Season 4 was when Tony matured...fell in love with the person he was investigating, and didn't give two shits about Ziva, who just butted her nose in where it didn't belong, acting all jealous and getting in Tony's bidnez. Ugh. I have to stop right there, before I go off on my rant about Ziva.

• Love 3

Not exactly true. Ziva/Cote was on the show for 8 years, but they had Tony/Ziva going around and around for about 3 years. Her first season was her just joining the team and being a fish out of water...but Season 4 was when Tony matured...fell in love with the person he was investigating, and didn't give two shits about Ziva, who just butted her nose in where it didn't belong, acting all jealous and getting in Tony's bidnez. Ugh. I have to stop right there, before I go off on my rant about Ziva.

Forgot about that.

I remember that relationship. Wish it would have worked out for him.

Forgot about that.

I remember that relationship. Wish it would have worked out for him.

I was on the fence about Jenny until that arc. The only way I can retcon the way she behaved was that the cancer had started to affect her brain.

• Love 1

Whatever love interests he could have would be in the background if they are recurring characters who we might not see in every episode and they might not last. With the exception of Jeanne everyone else was background noise as long as Ziva was in the picture and in the foreground.  But she's not there to be in his business and he can't be in hers.  He has no UST with any other coworker so he's basically a free agent right now.

I'm not too jazzed about this new special "love interest" for Tony.  Why does it have to be just another duck lipped, sexy babe?  I mean, does the FBI really hire sexy babes?  Why  not find a really good actress who isn't playboy model hot?  Or is it that the producers can't imagine Tony with anything other than some hot chick?  

• Love 3

Can't say I care how hot this woman may be though I'm glad that they didn't go with what I was expecting, like a busty blond or something along that line.  My only hope is that this character isn't annoying.  I love Delilah, so I'll be good if this love interest is as likable as she has turned out to be so far.

Question: In what episode of NCIS Season 12 will Jim Beaver be guest-starring? —JP

Ausiello: Though we don’t have the episode number, we do have a title — “The San Dominick.” And Matt Mitovich has learned that it’s the same episode that brings back fan fave Diane Neal as CGIS Agent Borin. The plot: During a joint NCIS/Coast Guard training exercise, Gibbs and Borin find a body floating in the water. Once it’s determined that the deceased was a crew member aboard a ship run by a Captain Tom O’Rourke (Supernatural alum Beaver’s role), the two decide to pay a visit to the vessel some 60 nautical miles away, to further investigate the “man overboard” situation.

TVLine

She was also on NCIS:LA as well-- is she playing the same character? Off to IMDB...

Edit: she's not, it seems.

Ever since that lawsuit that DPB filed years ago, LA has operated in pretty much its own universe from NCIS.  Vance is the only character that continues to crossover.  I don't know how NOLA and the mothership are able to operate in the same universe now, but they do.  LA is separate, so I bet that's why the actress's character is different.

Yeah, that was pretty much my thought as well. I thought it might be kind of interesting if Nichols was playing the same character, but whatever. I like Marisol Nichols in any case, so I look forward to her appearance.

Ever since that lawsuit that DPB filed years ago, LA has operated in pretty much its own universe from NCIS. Vance is the only character that continues to crossover. I don't know how NOLA and the mothership are able to operate in the same universe now, but they do. LA is separate, so I bet that's why the actress's character is different.

I thought LA was its own universe because it was Brennan's baby and DPB was no longer part of NCIS (even though he's still executive producer-just not show runner/still is creator) and that NOLA is part of the NCIS universe because Harmon is executive producer and Glasberg is show runner of both this show and NOLA.

It's probably a bit of both, honestly. LA is basically its own show now-- aside from Vance's random cameos, you could replace "NCIS:LA" with another action appropriate name and you would have the same show for all they are related to the Navy these days.

I would love to see more cross-over with NCIS-LA, especially some interaction between Tony and Kensi.  McGee and "Lil Bit" from LA would be interesting as they are both Computer driven.  And, of course, seeing Gibbs working with Hetty would be marvelous.  Granger can go fly a kite. 

Emily Wickersham Talks NCIS Holiday Drama, Gibbs' Big Reveal to Bishop

Quotes from the article:

TVLINE | How was Mr. Bamber as a husband? Did you join his fangirls in lamenting him not using his native accent?
I know! Jamie has a lot of great, great fans out there, and he has a wonderful accent. I’m sure many were disappointed that it wouldn’t be in the NCIS episode.

Unabashed fangirl reporting for duty!

TVLINE | But would you still call them a “happy “couple?
Yeah! Definitely. I think everyone is going to absolutely love Jake.

GHScorpiosRule, I'm hoping this is a good sign!

• Love 1

Not really that spoilerish, but better to be safe than sorry.

Question: Any new intel on NCIS? —Marsha
Ausiello: As you might imagine, finally meeting Gibbs’ second ex-wife (played by Jeri Ryan) will be quite a thing, for those on both ends of the television tubes. “The fans are in store for some goodies,” Emily Wickersham, who plays Bishop, told Matt Mitovich. “We just finished shooting that episode, and it’s a big deal for the team. And it’ll be the same for the fans, a huge deal. It’ll be an exciting one, for sure.” (Titled “Check,” the episode is tentatively scheduled to air Jan. 6.)

TVLine

ETA: More from TVLine.  We're getting an episode about the Rules.  I wonder if there will be a test afterwards? :)

NCIS

Airdate: Tuesday, Dec. 16 (CBS, 8/7c)

Why You Need to Watch: Because it's an "entire episode about Gibbs' Rules," previews showrunner Gary Glasberg. "The rules have become a big part of the show's moral and professional compass, and who better than Tim McGee to guide us through the list."

TVLine Fall Finale Preview

Edited by Ohmo

An entire episode about Gibbs' rules.   That does not sound particularly entertaining to me.  Especially since I do not agree with many of his rules.  At least the ones we've heard about so far.  We'll see, it could be fun, but I'm not holding my breath.  So far this year has been spot on, so they could surprise me.

Is NCIS‘ Tony going to be in a stable relationship this season? –sshenoy

You mean with, perhaps, ATF Agent Zoe Keates? I can confirm that Marisol Nichols has been booked for an early 2015 encore, while Emily Wickersham recently acknowledged to me that Tony and Zoe had “really great chemistry.” She added, “Tony’s love life definitely unfolds. I can say that.”

Are NCIS and NCIS: New Orleans on hiatus at the moment? If so, when do they recommence? –Sharon

Au contraire, Share! NCIS, NCIS: NOLA and NCIS: LA all have Christmas episodes to put under your tree (or menorah, where applicable) this coming week. Then they go on break, returning the week of Jan. 4, 2015.

One's a spoiler.  The other's simply scheduling info, but they came one after the other in Matt Mitovich's TVLine column.  I admit it---I'm lazy.  I just c&p'ed the whole shabang.

TVLine

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1