Type keyword(s) to search

Does Your Eyeball Unlock MTAC?

Ohmo
  • Start Topic

Got any scoop you can share about Abby’s boyfriend on NCIS? How long might this relationship last? –Robert

Showrunner Gary Glasberg told me that with the Sergei Michnev story heating back up as well as other fish to fry, “We step away from [Abby’s romance with Burt] for a little while” — though not for forever. “Everybody really likes having [Johann Urb] around, so I’m sure you’ll see him again,” Glasberg shares, adding: “It’s been nice to have everybody kind of in pleasant relationships!”

TVLine

Question: After the episode where Gibbs’ and Fornell’s ex-wife was shot, will NCIS address what happens to her child with Fornell? —Joy

Ausiello: As a matter of fact, the Feb. 17 episode, titled “Cabin Fever,” will deal with many of the reverberations of Diane’s tragic death — as felt by the men in her life as well as daughter Emily. “There are some really brilliant moments between Mark Harmon and Joe Spano, as they spend some time in Gibbs’ cabin and hash out some of the issues they’re both facing because of that loss,” showrunner Gary Glasberg previews. “And Emily makes an appearance too — it’s all part of what Fornell is carrying right now. He’s having trouble, and Gibbs is there as a friend.”

Sounds like more Fornell/Gibbs awesomeness is on the way!  Yippee!  (Although I still don't care that Diane is dead.)

TVLine

Some good stuff there, hopefully! Looking forward to seeing Jake again, along with Fornell and Emily. A flashback episode to a young Tony could be bad or good. I didn't hate the Abby flashback episode, but so far the Ducky flashback episode has been the best (followed by flashbacks to a young Gibbs, not the icky Paris stuff with Jenny).

• Love 1

Loved this quote from Glasberg:

"I'm really enjoying what that relationship is for Bishop. The fact that she is married, she is content in that relationship, and there is consistency in her world means a lot. And I know it means a lot in the real NCIS world because many of them are happily married."

Maybe that means that they'll leave her and her husband the hell alone! I am sooo tired of showrunners making solid relationships into volatile ones.

(edited)

Scoopage about Palmer

Isn’t it time for the birth of Palmer’s baby on NCIS? –Ann
Showrunner Gary Glasberg says you “absolutely” should prepare to meet Baby Palmer this season. But first, we gotta have a baby shower, to be held in this Tuesday’s episode… in the big orange room. At the festivities, Glasberg says, “Jimmy Palmer is a classic nervous dad, very conscientious about keeping his mother-to-be Breena healthy, so he’s making everybody a little crazy!

TVLine

Digging the baby shower.  I'm loving how the characters are still themselves, but everyone is (dare I say it) kinda average/normal.  It's very calming between the COTW and the Russian terrorist arc.  I like the mix/balance.

She was a shrewish, bitchy harpy.

You know I'm with you there, GHScorpiosRule, but I prefer to just focus on the fact that we get more Gibbs and Fornell.  Yeah, the Diane stuff isn't my thing, but I once wrote on TWOP that I'd watch an hour of Gibbs/Fornell talking while riding in the elevator.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1

Question: Are we going to see ATF Agent Zoe Keates again on NCIS? I really like her and actress Marisol Nichols! —Lori

Ausiello: As a matter of fact… yes, I can confirm that 24 alum Nichols will again reprise her role as DiNozzo’s former colleague, in an episode airing this spring.

Question: Any new scoop on NCIS? —Marsha

Ausiello: How about another casting tidbit — and this one’s near and dear to my heart. A Martinez, former star of Santa Barbara, TV’s greatest soap ever and one of my favorite shows ever, will guest-star in a late March episode titled “Patience.” Says EP Gary Glasberg of the ep: “It deals with the mystery surrounding a decades-old airport bombing. When new evidence surfaces, the NCIS team follows a cold clue trail that turns red hot. We were thrilled when A took the role of Orlando. His South American-based character is full of surprises and brings some real twists and turns to the investigation.” Eden and Cruz, forevah!

Ask Ausiello

Question: As we’re moving quickly toward May, do you have any scoop on where NCIS is headed for their Season 12 finale? Are we getting a cliffhanger this year?  –Joni

Ausiello: Sort of…? Coming off of last spring’s decidedly quiet finale, showrunner Gary Glasberg told Matt Mitovich that while Season 12 will end with “not your typical cliffhanger,” viewers can for certain expect “shocking surprises that will leave everyone speechless.”

Ask Ausiello

Summary has been released for the season finale:

“Neverland” – NCIS feverishly investigates a global terrorist group that is recruiting teens via the Internet, following a deadly bombing overseas that results in an emotional and surprising loss for the team. Mimi Rogers guest stars as a CIA officer.

http://www.csifiles.com/content/2015/04/cbs-announces-season-finale-storylines/

$5 says

they stick to tradition and Ziva dies.

• Love 1

This show REALLY needs to stop killing off characters. There are other ways to write people out of the series or to develop stories and drama. Maybe it's time to get some new creative blood in there. The current team seems to have run out of ideas.

• Love 1

This show REALLY needs to stop killing off characters. There are other ways to write people out of the series or to develop stories and drama. Maybe it's time to get some new creative blood in there. The current team seems to have run out of ideas.

I totally agree, I know this is a show about a dangerous profession, but it's still a show, and the constant killing off is not only awful to watch, it reduces the number of characters and upcoming story lines as we've been discussing here lately.  Maybe new writing/producing staff is the way to go, I agree.  It's also hard to watch a show when there is so much violence.

USA is running a Palmer-centric marathon today. When has that ever happened? To me, that points toward Jimmy being the one who dies. :(

I wouldn't read too much into that, as USA is owned by NBC Universal, not CBS, and therefore they wouldn't know what is going to happen on the last few NCIS episodes. =)

Has anyone actually seen a spoiler where the showrunners use the word death?  Everything I've seen is a euphemism like "significant loss".  That could mean they are doing another season where the team is partially disbanded over the summer and then have to reunite, like DiNozzo is assigned to some covert op overseas.

I don't think DiNozzo is dead, but I think this has something to do with him because its extremely bizarre that they filmed a crossover with NCIS LA for next season already.  Maybe whatever happens over the summer requires a physical transformation and they decided it would be easier to film the crossover now.

Question: What intel can you give us on the upcoming season of NCIS? —Marsha

Ausiello: This much you probably know: With Gibbs having been shot, “The premiere picks up right at that moment, and [guest star] Jon Cryer is coming in to do his darnedest to save Gibbs’ life,” Brian Dietzen shared with Matt Mitovich. But this next bit is probably news to the NCIS faithful: “Jimmy Palmer is some of the glue that keeps the characters together — meaning he’s the confidant, he’s the friend,” Dietzen reminds. “But by the end of the year, his friendships versus his professional obligations are really going to be tested, specifically with DiNozzo. That friendship will be super-tested.”

Ask Ausiello

(edited)
Question: I can’t wait for Season 13 of NCIS, please give me some scoop on our lovable Abbys (Sciuto or/and Borin). –Ann

Ausiello: There are no plans (yet) for another visit from Diane Neal as Abigail Borin, but we have better news regarding the other Abby: Episode 5 of the new season features what show boss Gary Glasberg touts as “an Abby/Die Hard story,” where the forensics whiz, all alone in a lab, “must use her wits” to save the day. One out of two ain’t bad!

Ask Ausiello

ETA: I'm not smart enough to figure out how to embed a video, so you'll have to scroll down in the article once you click on the link.

First promo video for Season 13

Edited by Ohmo

From Matt's Inside Line at TVLine:

Got any scoop on Michael Weatherly’s NCIS: LA appearance you feel like sharing? –Michelle

NCIS: LA boss Shane Brennan says that Weatherly’s crossover visit fuels one of the spinoff’s “Top 5” episodes ever, triggered by “a classic DiNozzo moment in which he’s in Los Angeles to pick someone up from an airplane and, goodness me, they’re not there. He’s about to be in serious trouble with his superiors, so he needs the help of our team in L.A. to find the person he was supposed to pick up.” Sharing moments with Hetty, Deeks, Sam et al, Weatherly’s scenes are “amazing,” Eric Christian Olsen raves. “He’s such a gifted actor, so good with comedy and drama,” perhaps no more so than when paired with Deeks. “I am his spirit animal. He is my spirit animal,” Olsen declares. “One of us is one of us’ spirit animal.”

Is Gibbs’ recovery going to make a difference in the future of NCIS, if he takes a back seat for the whole season? –Anita

Oh, I don’t recall anyone saying that Boss will ride shotgun for the whole season…? But yes, count on some differences in the big orange room. “We’re going to see some changes in Gibbs that are going to throw people a bit,” showrunner Gary Glasberg says. “[Mark] Harmon is doing some fantastic work right now in just subtle nuances. So, physically, you’re going to see changes. Emotionally, you’re going to see changes. At the end of the day, things that you wouldn’t normally associate with Leroy Jethro Gibbs are going to happen.”

• Love 1
Question: Will Ziva ever come back to NCIS? —Janet

Ausiello: Isn’t that forever the million-dollar question? And while we (obviously) have no news on that particular front, Michael Weatherly — he plays Ziva’s former colleague, Tony — did tease some very special guests to come. “I have come to understand that there will be, later in the year, some guest stars that will melt the avid NCIS viewer’s brain,” he shared. (Presented with and amused by Weatherly’s provocative sell, show boss Gary Glasberg would only confirm, “We’ve got some really fine guest spots that aren’t locked in yet.”)

Ask Ausiello

I'm not going to try to tell you that Gibbs isn't coming back," show- runner Gary Glasberg starts. Rather, the question is how the shooting will change Boss. "You have this very old-school view of what being a federal agent is about, and when you get shot and seriously injured by a 12-year-old…. That in our mind changes everything." Chief among the recuperating Gibbs' concerns: "Is his team ready for this kind of fight?" against a brutal terrorist network. "And how many lives does Leroy Jethro Gibbs have left?" DiNozzo will step up in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, traveling to Shanghai with Dorneget's CIA honcho mom, though that will ultimately lead to "tension" between him and Gibbs, says Glasberg. "Tony turned down the opportunity to have his own team years ago. Now he can't help but look at things and wonder, 'Is this what I want?'"

BONUS SPOILER!: Bishop and McGee will go undercover… as a Marine and her civilian husband. Says Emily Wickersham, "That should be pretty fun!"

RETURN DATE: Tuesday, Sept. 22 at 8/7c (CBS)

TV Line Fall TV Spoilers

Question: Any information on NCIS‘s upcoming season will be appreciated. —Marsha

Ausiello: Tuesday’s Season 13 premiere features not only fine performances by Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly and guest star Jon Cryer, but also an unexpected amount of (archival) Darby Stanchfield (aka Scandal‘s Abby), when Gibbs’ daughter, Kelly, revisits happier days with the in-limbo surgery patient.

Ask Ausiello

ETA:

Abby to Ducky in NCIS premiere: "So, Gibbs has his very own Ducky performing his surgery."

Matt Mitovich

Edited by Ohmo

Kelly can't grow up, she died a kid and I think I saw a kid in the preview.

Sorry, I meant in his subconscious. Since he's clearly hallucinating either Shannon or Kelly, I meant maybe he was dreaming about what Kelly had become as a grown up.

Anyway, I think it's moot because in re-reading the response, I think it's just two separate thoughts. We see more of Shannon (1) as Kelly shows up in his dreams (2). I just read it as connected. 

• Love 1

Sorry, I meant in his subconscious. Since he's clearly hallucinating either Shannon or Kelly, I meant maybe he was dreaming about what Kelly had become as a grown up.

Anyway, I think it's moot because in re-reading the response, I think it's just two separate thoughts. We see more of Shannon (1) as Kelly shows up in his dreams (2). I just read it as connected. 

Yes, I didn't read it as Darby plays Kelly.  I read it as Kelly revisits happier times with Gibbs.  Those happier times contain Shannon, which we will see through archival footage since Darby currently plays Abby on Scandal.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1

If Michael Weatherly's twitter feed is to be believed there will be a Jeanne Benoit sighting in a future episode.  He posted pictures of Scottie Thompson on set.  One of a selfie with her and one with her wearing a NCIS visitor badge with McGee.  She is wearing a wedding ring in the on-set picture.  Is she going to be a side story or the main focus?

• Love 1

I never realized that I have been waiting almost ten years for Tony and Jeanne to finally meet again. But, it turns out, I have.

The La Grenouille storyline was dreadful in many ways (not least the name of it and how everyone called Jeanne 'Shayaaaaaaan', which is so wrong), but I really liked the moral complexity of their relationship.

• Love 1