Type keyword(s) to search

I Love A Mama’s Boy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Stephanie get the basketball playing friends number; he complimented you and knows his friend is a dumb ass who does not deserve you!!

Yeah, what a jerk.  He's 27 and not ready to commit?  Wait two or three more years?  He wonders "what's wrong with that"?  Yeah, jerk. 

• Love 9

I wanted to punch Matt through the screen for calling Kim selfish, he is the epitome of selfish. I hope she goes off to Austin and finds a young man not still breastfeeding "sleepy time tea" from his mothers teet. I think Jayne is a master manipulator of Bryan. Stephanie also needs to take that offer in California and live her best life. ( I swear I think my mom lives in the same townhouse development as her parents) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I agree with everyone above-these gals have an escape route (even the newlywed one could get an annullment) and they should run, not walk, run away from these sissy boys ASAP. And what is up with the new couple whose mom had knee surgery and is using it as an excuse to having him joined to her at the hip? Did I hear he's 38 and momma is still showing him how to pay his bills? Shit, I was paying my own bills at 18. And that fugly wedding dress of Kelly's? I wouldn't wear that thing except maybe for a diaper. OY VEY what a mess.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

And that fugly wedding dress of Kelly's? I wouldn't wear that thing except maybe for a diaper. OY VEY what a mess.

And she has decayed into something akin to THAT dress.  Someone needs to tell her (maybe she'll read this) she needs her hair repaired and restyled, a week away from EVERYONE at a quiet resort, and maybe "a little work" done on her face.  There's a BIG difference between last season and this.

14 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I wanted to punch Matt through the screen for calling Kim selfish, he is the epitome of selfish.

Selfish?  Selfish? That was the WORST!  I bet Kim would have slapped him and walked away forever...but she has a contract with TLC, making more money than she ever thought possible.   Kelly is he Queen of Selfish...and she has trained her little clone.

• Love 9
On 9/14/2021 at 2:23 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I wanted to punch Matt through the screen for calling Kim selfish, he is the epitome of selfish. I hope she goes off to Austin and finds a young man not still breastfeeding "sleepy time tea" from his mothers teet. 

Totally agree. Also, I was actually shocked (though I shouldn't have been) when Matt said something about being forced to choose between Kim and his mom and of course, he could never leave mom.

That boy has issues. And I bet anything that, even after Kim asked him not to, he ran straight to mommy about Kim's "betrayal".

Kim has a chance to advance her career and pay her own way in life. Matt and Kelly would rather keep her unemployed and completely dependent on them. That way they get to make all the decisions and she has to be submissive and thankful. Run, Kim.

Liz has been married numerous times, and it’s something she uses to manipulate Mike. Telling him not to rush into anything with Steph because look how it turned out for her. Really gross behavior.

On the other hand did anyone notice that the guy Mike was hanging out with was totally gushing about Stephanie? That’s the kind of energy she deserves.

The new guy is older than hell to have his momma taking care of him like he’s 14.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Kim has a chance to advance her career and pay her own way in life. Matt and Kelly would rather keep her unemployed and completely dependent on them. That way they get to make all the decisions and she has to be submissive and thankful. Run, Kim.

THIS!  If there is a scintilla of truth to this story, it would be criminal for her to stay with that Undynamic Duo.  I'm with ya' ... RUN, KIM...RUN

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, GussieK said:

What does Matt do for a living?  So Kelly home schooled him!  No wonder, they’ve never been apart. 

I recall initially we were told he and Kelly work together, so they still aren’t apart during the day. Not sure what industry/business or whether they still work together.

Interesting to hear the home schooling was due to his learning disability. Another piece of this weird puzzle.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

Okay, Emily lost me tonight with the demand for the 3-carat $40K ring. 

Yes! That and her expectation to not work. It seemed like a bit of a personality shift - or maybe we just weren’t able to see the true Emily because mama took up all the drama.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Cancun said:

Yes! That and her expectation to not work. It seemed like a bit of a personality shift - or maybe we just weren’t able to see the true Emily because mama took up all the drama.

This was really a big shift tonight. I could almost sympathize with Laila. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Cancun said:
4 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Possibilities:

• Emily might be testing Shakeb.
  • Emily could use a $40K ring for her "escape."  She probably can't get $15k if she needs to sell it and run away from some sort of abuse.
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Does she work at all right now? It seems like such a drastic shift that I feel this may be producer driven. There may be some truth to her wanting to stay home. Is she Korean? A few of my Korean friends told me it’s an older school cultural thing. You can be educated but your role is to have babies and take care of the home while hubby handles the financial aspects. They were also together for years and this never came up? I call BS and regardless his mom is a witch and he is a gaslighting pig.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Does she work at all right now? It seems like such a drastic shift that I feel this may be producer driven. There may be some truth to her wanting to stay home. Is she Korean? A few of my Korean friends told me it’s an older school cultural thing. You can be educated but your role is to have babies and take care of the home while hubby handles the financial aspects. They were also together for years and this never came up? I call BS and regardless his mom is a witch and he is a gaslighting pig.

That is really old school.  I have many Korean friends, and all the women are doctors!  Or if not, they are lawyers. They are married with children.  They were all pushed to succeed.

I don't know what to make of these people.  First Laila was against Emily because of cultural reasons, so it sounded racist.  Now she's calling her a golddigger.  It was bizarre that those people who worked with Emily had never met Shekeb.  Also, they said she was the nicest person in the world.  Have they seen her on TV? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, GussieK said:

That is really old school.  I have many Korean friends, and all the women are doctors!  Or if not, they are lawyers. They are married with children.  They were all pushed to succeed.

I don't know what to make of these people.  First Laila was against Emily because of cultural reasons, so it sounded racist.  Now she's calling her a golddigger.  It was bizarre that those people who worked with Emily had never met Shekeb.  Also, they said she was the nicest person in the world.  Have they seen her on TV? 

Yea my friends sister became a doctor. I heard their mom tell my friend “ you are the pretty one, get a basic degree stay pure and marry well.” It was awkward.  Might be a regional thing. I wasn’t allowed to be friends with her if I wasn’t pure too….we were 19 by the way….awkward.

I think Laila is looking for any reason to hate Emily. Perhaps these “ good friends” only see her once a year, or they are being paid by TLC. Laila gets a lot of hate and maybe they are trying to rehab her image to make it not so one sided…who knows.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

And weird that this episode included the scene at dinner where Shakeb and Emily were celebrating her new job and mentioned how hard it was to find a job during the pandemic.  It’s at a mortgage or title company or something. They even said maybe Laila would be happy to hear the news.  I agree, the stay at home comments may have been geared toward when they start a family. But yeah, surely not the first time they have discussed this!? Shenanigans!

• Love 6
20 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I just started watching and had to come and comment on this. The size of the diamond equates to how much he loves you? No girl, no. 
Demanding a 3 carat $40K ring makes you look like a gold digger.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Cancun said:

I agree, the stay at home comments may have been geared toward when they start a family. But yeah, surely not the first time they have discussed this!? Shenanigans!

Complete shenanigans!  Perhaps there hasn't been enough interest in this couple...or EMILY herself.   They're not making her "interesting," they're making her embarrassing.  Shekeb's mother has been an "assistant principal" for twenty five years?  She had to teach for some years before that.  What's Emily's background?  Yeah...this storyline is ready to flush.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

They're not making her "interesting," they're making her embarrassing.  Shekeb's mother has been an "assistant principal" for twenty five years?  

I thought she said assistant teacher but assistant principal makes more sense. Vice Principals are always scary - even more so than principals. And she's got that scary-ass thing down pat!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Matt has a father? Kelly has a husband? Do they live together? From all the earlier episodes, I would never have guessed that the dad was still in the picture!  Kelly seems to have no life outside of Matt.

Kelly and husband must be separated, otherwise where is she hiding him during sleepy time tea?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I thought she said assistant teacher but assistant principal makes more sense. Vice Principals are always scary - even more so than principals. And she's got that scary-ass thing down pat!!!

I heard assistant teacher also.  

• Love 10

I think Emily is delusional. 40 thousand dollars on a ring? What kind of work does Shakeb do? And she wants a nice house and not have to work? And they have been together for how long? All of those things should have been discussed a long time ago. Nice to see that  Matt has a dad-wonder where he hides all day lol. Obviously Matt can't make any kind of decision without mommy to tell him what to do-and that house is nowhere near finished. Maybe if Kim does go away to Texas alone, Kelly will decorate the new place and move right in. Run, Kim, run-you deserve better. I see from the previews the mother-in-law does go on the honeymoon-but seems to be hanging out at the bar instead of watching the kids. Figures. And knee surgery mom is supposed to rest, not be going up and down the stairs all the time. No way would I marry that guy-he has his balls in mommys pocket.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Maisiesmom said:

I think Emily is delusional. 40 thousand dollars on a ring? What kind of work does Shakeb do? And she wants a nice house and not have to work? And they have been together for how long? All of those things should have been discussed a long time ago.

Their cranky/angry mother storyline has outworn its welcome and the producers are trying to create a new villain: Emily!  STUPID.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Couldn't we PLEASE have Kim move to Austin--if only for year?  The crew would be happy.  The viewers could see something new.  The writers (heh heh) could create a new and INTERESTING storyline.  C'mon, guys, let's BEG FOR AUSTIN !!!   Mama's boy could follow her if he wants to (I don't care).  

And...speaking of his homeschooling (all A's I assume)...do you think Kelly "taught" him all the way through college ... or did she simply attend every class with him?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I don't understand why there is such a personality shift for the women in Shekeb's story. This really does feel like some TLC fuckery. Awkward delivery from Emily and really out of character with the super stupid shit she is saying. And Laila has suddenly become mature and reasonable and not blowing up? What the fuck is this? LOL. Did TLC not like the response online and then switched them?

Matt isn’t worried about leaving because of the house. It’s solely because he doesn’t want to leave mommy.

Please break up and go to Texas Kim. You can find yourself a better man there.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Please break up and go to Texas Kim. You can find yourself a better man there.

Sorry, I can't resist.  Texas, Austin, Country Music.  There was a great son by Clint Black, "A Better Man."   (Why would Kim put herself in a position to live house-adjacent to Kelly for the rest of her life?)    

• Love 7

Late to the party. Total Shenanigans on Emily suddenly becoming a greedy, lazy selfish SAHdogM. And Laila works kindly with children? Double shenanigans. TLC, do you think we are foolish and missed all of last season? Ridiculous. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

Not just house-adjacent-Kelly would probably have her own room in their house and for sure a key to get in!

Definitely a key ... and even MATT'S name is probably nowhere on any deed.  Perhaps she'll find a way to set up a small bed in Matt/Kim's room.  She creeps me out ... but I bet she thinks she's a TV star!

• Love 7

Saw a preview for the next show where Kim is telling Kelly about her offer in Texas-holy crap Kelly looks rough! She needs to get her hair done and maybe a spa day if she wants to keep pretending she's a star! Or maybe its on purpose to show how stressed she is so people will feel sorry for her.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GussieK said:

So this year we're not going to get an update on the couple where the groom was going to wear a red paisley suit and dance with his mother? 

Maybe they'll do a compilation and we'll also see Matt wearing his mother's wedding gown, but marrying NOT-KIM.

8 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

She needs to get her hair done and maybe a spa day if she wants to keep pretending she's a star! Or maybe its on purpose to show how stressed she is so people will feel sorry for her.

Now THAT's not going to work.  We already don't like her and look for anything to nitpick.  

• Love 6
On 9/20/2021 at 11:19 PM, RoxiP said:

I heard assistant teacher also.  

I think that's probably it, because she says she's on her feet all day.

Babysitter Honeymooning mom was even more revolting than expected. First disappears to the bar, leaving the real honeymooners with the kids. Then busts in on their hot tub romance, not deterred by their unwelcoming stares. Deplorable.

Kelly already has Matt promising to give her a key, and the only thing troubling Matt is "I'll never move away from my mom again."

These man babies make me want to puke.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 7

After last night’s episode, I am sure Shakeb, Laila (and her ever present visor!), and Emily are actors reading a script.

I also had been convinced Matt and Kelly were the real dysfunctional mother/son duo, and had hired Kim to play the role of divisive girlfriend…until I saw the below spoiler on Instagram. In fact, Kim’s entire Insty is an interesting scroll. Huh, who knew they are one big happy family!

Spoiler

D647EFDB-77FC-4AFC-ABE8-6FD29A2B6E0B.jpeg.7ac017300dcf5f398957eae595bb9880.jpeg

Edited by Cancun
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

So, we’re just not going to talk about honeymoon mom getting her honeymoon with the newlyweds? 

I didn’t realize how fired up I get with this show until I started watching it while I get my Fitbit steps in. Somewhere around 3500 during the segment.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

So, we’re just not going to talk about honeymoon mom getting her honeymoon with the newlyweds? 

I didn’t realize how fired up I get with this show until I started watching it while I get my Fitbit steps in. Somewhere around 3500 during the segment.

She is ridiculous! When she showed up at the hot tub, I couldn’t get past thoughts of the kids’ safety. Did she leave them in the room alone? I wasn’t watching closely, so hopefully this was addressed and she isn’t that stupid.

Updated: thanks to Readheaded’s post, I’ve learned they were with the hotel babysitter. Whew.

Edited by Cancun
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Cancun said:

She is ridiculous! When she showed up at the hot tub, I couldn’t get past thoughts of the kids’ safety. Did she leave them in the room alone? I wasn’t watching closely, so hopefully this was addressed and she isn’t that stupid.

She said she left them with hotel babysitters. Later, the newlywed wife (whose name I can't remember) said that if she wanted to leave her kids with random babysitters, she wouldn't have brought the MIL.

• Love 5

CANCUN!  After reading your SPOILER, I checked the website of the event planner.  I don't know how to post a spoiler, so here's something.

www.stephanieteagueevents.com    _____ and _____are "featured" in photos and videos.  Probably the old "quid pro quo."

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

CANCUN!  After reading your SPOILER, I checked the website of the event planner.  I don't know how to post a spoiler, so here's something.

www.stephanieteagueevents.com    _____ and _____are "featured" in photos and videos.  Probably the old "quid pro quo."

And the venue’s website (Bear Flag Farm) has at least one photo of the couple on their site. It does look like a lovely place for a wedding.

• Love 3
On 9/23/2021 at 3:16 AM, Back Atcha said:

Sorry, I can't resist.  Texas, Austin, Country Music.  There was a great son by Clint Black, "A Better Man."   (Why would Kim put herself in a position to live house-adjacent to Kelly for the rest of her life?)    

If I were Kim, I’d want to move to Austin, Texas for good.

• Love 7

Honeymoon mom was pissing me off-she was acting like it was HER honeymoon. Supposed to be watching the kids-meanwhile she's at the bar chatting it up. Popping into the hot tub room while the newlyweds were supposed to be having "alone" time. I would have told her off right then and there. They should have left the kids at home. Now, Kim and sissy boy and his mom-I'm over it. Kelly looks like shit "Am I devious?" Fuck yeah, lady-you are an evil witch! Not so interested in Stephanie and her sissy boy-just pack your shit and leave, girl. You don't need him to be happy. And the "spa" day that ninny Shakeb thought of? I have had many massages-when you are finished, you get dressed and leave-not wander out to the lobby in your robe. Does his mom have to wear a visor and sunglasses at all times? Speaking of Shakeb, did anyone else get squicked out by the fact his mother cuts his nails? And his attachment to that bird. Where do they find these people(rhetorical question, I know)

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Maisiesmom said:

Speaking of Shakeb, did anyone else get squicked out by the fact his mother cuts his nails? And his attachment to that bird. Where do they find these people(rhetorical question, I know)

I like to butt in on rhetorical questions.  I think all of them ... ALL. OF. THEM. think they're talented enough to be movie/TV stars.  When they finally get agents...they learn the reality.  The best they can hope for is "celebrity" status via reality TV.  I think they're all wannabes who will do ANYTHING to be on television, even act as badly as Demon Kelly, her son's bedtime tea buddy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

Honeymoon mom was pissing me off-she was acting like it was HER honeymoon. Supposed to be watching the kids-meanwhile she's at the bar chatting it up.

She actually said this--"I'm having the honeymoon I never got to have.  Yech.  Going in the hot tub.  Double Yech.

• Love 6

I have to call Producer shenanigans on Honeymoon Mom popping into the hot tub while her son & wife were there. The looks on their faces just looked too fake to me. Don’t get me wrong, I think she is ridiculous for forcing herself on this trip, but I think the producers also take these situations to the extreme.

If I were one of the fiancées or wives, life would be hard enough with a crazy ass MIL, I wouldn’t need the show to make it even worse! (In reality, no way I’d put up with any of these man babies) 

Edited by CSunshine76
  • Love 7