Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: The Jolly Corner

• Start Topic

Finally a kiss that's not cockblocked by a dead straight dude, haha. I'm rooting for these crazy lesbians, although I doubt this'll end well.

What's going on with Flora? Is Rebecca possessing her when she gets "tucked away" in memories? Is Rebecca like Peter where she can be seen but has a hard time physically manipulating things in the environment? (Peter did manage to pick up Flora's doll after a couple tries of his hand going right through it, and the faceless boy can play with the dollhouse/the Lady in the Lake can obviously drag real people around/Hannah can interact with everything, so I'm still a little confused about the ghost mechanics.)

• Love 5

I dont think that Flora is possessed right now, but there is obviously something weird going on with her. 

So as nice of Flora and Miles's parents were and as much as everyone loved them, they certainly had their issues, most of all that their mom had an affair with Uncle Henry, and that he is Flora's bio dad. Awkward. So the reason he has pretty much passed the buck on raising the kids to his staff isnt because he is too busy with business stuff to care or just doesent like kids, its that he has been drowning his grief and guilt in whisky and paperwork and avoiding the kids because being around them hurts. Much like with Dani, I dont know if he is actually being haunted by a literal ghost so much as by guilt and regret, which seems to be a reoccurring theme this season.

• Love 5

It's interesting that Flora is able to see and talk to the ghosts, and in the case of Rebecca even order her to appear.  I'm just going to hope that it isn't because she is also one herself, but her getting "lost in memories" sure sounds like Hannah.  ALL those weird dolls are probably ghosts, huh?

Henry said he had an imaginary friend soldier in the house when he was young.  Have we seen a soldier doll in the doll house?

• Love 2

This episode had a total Twin Peaks vibe. Evil Henry was straight up terrifying in his first appearance, with that grinning.

I like Jamie but I wasn't that invested in her backstory. I do like the strength and sense of reality she brings to the house with all its time-flopping inhabitants and nervous Dani.

The poor kids (and the actors are so good). But no Flora, putting that creepy mask on the creepy faceless boy was NOT BETTER. Damn.

I did have to giggle a little when Hannah was talking to Dani and then kind of just meandered away into the hallway. So she knows she's dead now (I think) but able to talk to Dani and Owen? And now Peter and Rebecca can show themselves briefly?

Not my favorite episode so far, but I'm at a loss about the last scene. Quint and Rebecca are in some ghostly cahoots?

• Like 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

The poor kids (and the actors are so good). But no Flora, putting that creepy mask on the creepy faceless boy was NOT BETTER. Damn.

Seriously! Melty face kid, kind of unsettling and very sad. Doll mask face kid....the stuff of nightmares! Not to mention, now the poor kid has to see everything through those stupid eye holes? Hasn't he suffered enough?

I'm not interested in Henry and his guilt, and that accent is just painful to me, so this was not a great ep for me. Especially following the Hannah ep, which I thought was fascinating, confusing and heartbreaking. Hannah I felt horrible for. Henry made his own bed, then banged his sister in law in it, so this didn't have the same emotional weight of the last ep for me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

This season is different that S1, so lots of complaints “it’s kinda boring” by my co-watchers.  Parts have dragged a bit but enjoyed Hannah’s story.  I’m told to hang on it will all pay off , so not peeking ahead on this message board 😂

i think the child actors playing Miles & Flora are really great 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Anela said:
On 10/16/2020 at 8:37 PM, machinist said:

Is it just me that I find the little girl named Flora kinda ugly?

It's just you.

It's also unnecessarily unkind to the child actor. What is gained by calling her ugly?

• Like 1
  • Love 20
On 10/13/2020 at 7:44 AM, TexasGal said:

Henry said he had an imaginary friend soldier in the house when he was young.  Have we seen a soldier doll in the doll house?

Not a doll, but apparently there was a brief glimpse of a soldier ghost in the previous episode, which I missed.

My attention wandered during Jamie's looooong backstory monologue. I just didn't care. Her romance with Dani is not interesting to me. 

I did find the time-shifting dynamic interesting with Flora, and evil grinning Uncle Henry was pretty creepy. I kept thinking of those good Kermit the frog/evil hooded Kermit the frog memes during those scenes.

I would like the backstory on the spooks haunting the manor - who is the little no-face boy? Is he related to the lady in the lake? And no, the doll mask was NOT helping!

• Love 1
On 10/14/2020 at 2:13 AM, CrazyDog said:

This episode had a total Twin Peaks vibe. Evil Henry was straight up terrifying in his first appearance, with that grinning.

BANG ON, exactly what i thought - “that smile is straight Twin Peaks!”

• Love 1

Maybe it's all the pandemic life stress, but I cried during Jamie's moonflower speech. And I don't cry over things on tv/Netflix ever. It just got to me I guess. 

"I miss you mummy", oh God, there we go again 😪

I didn't find the faceless child that scary, I retain that all the ghosts featured here are fairly lackluster. I assume the Lady of the Lake doesn't feel like haunting more then one night a week. Why isn't she more omnipresent anyway? Isn't she the key ghost, the most malevolent? 

Thought Hannah was more ambling in this episode, and Dani talking about her appearing and disappearing makes it feel like maybe she's almost ready to (let) go. 

• LOL 1

I am very confused at this point. All of the time jumping with Henry is exhausting to follow. It looked like his office swings back and forth between fully functioning and closed up/covered by tarps and such. What is real in the current timeline? Dani met him in his office and it was in normal operation and fully furnished.

Is Rebecca possessing Flora or is Flora dead too and that is why she's trapped in her memories?

I agree with whoever said that having the ghosts occupying the same story as the guilty subconsciousness of Dani and Henry is muddling the story.

I also agree with everyone that thinks the gardener monologue went on waaaaay too long.

It's kind of a problem that I want to finish this not so much because I'm invested in the story but more because I want this nonsense explained. On to the next episode........

I guess we found out in this ep how Flora's dollhouse works. The doll-faced boy we've seen hiding and observing in the background has been quietly altering the positions of the dolls to mirror the reality of the house. That's why it's always accurate. Whether he does this deliberately to communicate with Flora, or simply to amuse himself, who can say? I suspect the latter, since he was doing it before Flora actually "befriended" him, but since she has such a strong connection with the ghosts of Bly, it could be a combination of both.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 10/26/2020 at 12:52 PM, Ilovepie said:

I am very confused at this point. All of the time jumping with Henry is exhausting to follow. It looked like his office swings back and forth between fully functioning and closed up/covered by tarps and such. What is real in the current timeline? Dani met him in his office and it was in normal operation and fully furnished.

Is Rebecca possessing Flora or is Flora dead too and that is why she's trapped in her memories?

I agree with whoever said that having the ghosts occupying the same story as the guilty subconsciousness of Dani and Henry is muddling the story.

I also agree with everyone that thinks the gardener monologue went on waaaaay too long.

It's kind of a problem that I want to finish this not so much because I'm invested in the story but more because I want this nonsense explained. On to the next episode........

I think there are two offices, Henry's and his brothers. Henry's is fully functioning, his brother's is the one that is all covered in sheets and filled with boxes.

• Useful 2
On 10/30/2020 at 9:26 AM, CailynA said:

I think there are two offices, Henry's and his brothers. Henry's is fully functioning, his brother's is the one that is all covered in sheets and filled with boxes.

Thank you! I totally didn't get that. I thought his brother was kicking him out of the company and had Henry's office packed up but it makes way more sense to think the brother packed his own shit and got the hell out of there. 

• Love 1