Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Alt1030 said:

I saw the same post and thought it could be water too but I'm not so sure. I don't know if it's just her style but she's been wearing a lot of long flowy dresses and loose tops! A lot of people comment and asks if she's pregnant and she has denied it and I do believe her. I feel like there could be so many possibilities with the "announcement" they make but from the looks of it they still look happily married in next weeks episode!! 

Well I would deny it on social media too. But I noticed about the flowy dresses as well. I'm undecided. I think she brought on all of the questions herself with all of her talk about it on the show. 

ETA: I was seriously the worst at hiding that I was pregnant. I teach seniors and I had a few the previous year and they called me out on it before I was ready to announce. I flipped out but it was totally obvious that I was pregnant. I would do a better job on social media though. 

Edited by JAndy
  • Love 1

I originally thought Ashley was preg on Unfiltered because of the weird way she would sit, sideways, & the only full shots were of her face. She does mostly wear loose around the waist clothing though, so it could just be the snails reproducing.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

I'm a sucker for a happy ending. I do hope Ashley is pregnant.

Maybe after their year anniversary. It was really nice to have the first year with my husband with just us and able to celebrate without being pregnant. Granted, we actually were TTC and I did get pregnant 2 months later, but looking back on it, it was nice to have the first year for just "us" and we were together for 4 years prior to that. 

I do hope she gets pregnant and that they are happy and have as many kids as they desire. I think they would be good parents seeing how they are with their nieces. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

I don't know...

Cody and Danielle seemed genuinely relieved post decision. 

Probably because they didn't have cameras in their faces after that until the 6 month reunion had to be filmed. I think anyone would be relieved at that point. LOL 

4 hours ago, Alt1030 said:

I saw the same post and thought it could be water too but I'm not so sure. I don't know if it's just her style but she's been wearing a lot of long flowy dresses and loose tops! A lot of people comment and asks if she's pregnant and she has denied it and I do believe her. I feel like there could be so many possibilities with the "announcement" they make but from the looks of it they still look happily married in next weeks episode!! 

She wore some things like that one the show as well so I think its just her style and what she is comfortable in. Of course it could be anything as the announcement. Hell they could be they bought a home to live in.....this show though is famous for making things look like a bigger deal though than it always is so I wouldn't be surprised if its not at all anything we could think of. Yet I will say that while my husband and I got married after 2 yrs of being together, I was pregnant a few months later and had our son a few weeks before our 1st anniversary. It wasn't planned but we weren't not planning. I will say it is fun to toss theories out on what it could be. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JAndy said:

Maybe after their year anniversary. It was really nice to have the first year with my husband with just us and able to celebrate without being pregnant. Granted, we actually were TTC and I did get pregnant 2 months later, but looking back on it, it was nice to have the first year for just "us" and we were together for 4 years prior to that. 

I do hope she gets pregnant and that they are happy and have as many kids as they desire. I think they would be good parents seeing how they are with their nieces. 

Yeah, I think they should take some time before getting pregnant, especially since they are still sorta strangers.  We got married and got pregnant all within a week, so our first anniversary was with a little one at home.   We thought it would take a while to get pregnant and I was 5-6 years older than Ashley.

2 hours ago, roseslg said:

Yeah, I think they should take some time before getting pregnant, especially since they are still sorta strangers.  We got married and got pregnant all within a week, so our first anniversary was with a little one at home.   We thought it would take a while to get pregnant and I was 5-6 years older than Ashley.

Well it was mentioned Anthony that when they really discussed the baby topic how Ashley had wanted to start trying after a year of being together. Which made more sense. I take it there was probably more to his comment as well then was shown on him saying he was looking forward to starting a family with her but if they tossed it all in it wouldn't fit with what the producer's want it to look like....especially when you toss in the preview for next week. 

• Love 1
On 7/28/2017 at 9:32 AM, qtpye said:

I am purely guessing that the show offerred all the couples somewhere betweem 10-25k per person to say yes on decision day.  This does not mean that they have to stay together forever...as we all know from previos seasons.

It is also apparant, barring a few exceptions, most participants on this show are not exactly flush with cash or have the most stable careers.

They have already signed away their dignity by getting married on a reality show..so why not stay on for a little longer and get paid.

Again, pure speculation on my part.

I don't think the show has the budget to pay them that much. 

• Love 2
On July 22, 2017 at 1:15 PM, Jellybeans said:

Now Sheila is on a Twitter rampage re: Nick, Sonia and Heather.  

Why does someone who is supposedly Christian attack an unmarried pregnant woman of twins?  I remember long ago in Sunday school I was taught Jesus had compassion for prostitutes so we were to never throw rocks at others.  I am not religious but I was taught the value of being spiritual towards others.  

I certainly am not implying anyone is a prostitute!

Sheila is vicious.  I can't read her tweets anymore.  

Maybe Sheila exonerates her attacks by praying.  I know a person who was not a nice and giving person and who treated her elderly parents horribly.  But, EVERY Sunday, wherever she was, she was in that church praying, as she was soooo religious.  A real phoney.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Maybe Sheila exonerates her attacks by praying.  I know a person who was not a nice and giving person and who treated her elderly parents horribly.  But, EVERY Sunday, wherever she was, she was in that church praying, as she was soooo religious.  A real phoney.

Well, they raised her. Maybe the Karma apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

On July 22, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Oh, wow. Thanks for the answer. 

Nick is having twins?  Do we know the girl and are they married?  How do you find these things out.. On SM or Twitter, etc.. ?   All of which I don't have.

On July 12, 2017 at 4:43 PM, JAndy said:

I saw that. he wasn't even "yelling". Or at least my definition of yelling. He seemingly was clearly frustrated. If this isn't produced influenced drama, than Ashley is overreacting 

That was explosive?  Ha ha , what a joke .. They made something out of nothing.  He was only stating which would she prefer .. Filling out the form or looking at the menus.  My husband does that all the time.  I don't even answer him. Lol.  Only then will he get the message.

• Love 2
On 7/27/2017 at 9:29 PM, gonecrackers said:

Decision day with Cody & Danielle staying together - on twitter Cody had some heat on him a few epi's back & said that MAFS was a huge mistake for him to have done - I can't believe he would have said that if their marriage had worked out, so the follow up show will be the important one.

I completely agree. Call me a cynic...but their body language from Unfiltered when watching  their clips just screams not together.  I will be totally baffled if they are together at present day. 

I will say...the producers of this show sure are loving the "history making" season of ALL 3/3 couples staring married. Just makes me wonder.... ?

• Love 5
On July 13, 2017 at 5:54 AM, Braveshoppr said:

Sheila and Nate have (another) blow-up fight, where his apology for what he said earlier isn’t quite enough for his wife. (He was supposed to prostrate himself-'and-and he didn't'.)

“It was inappropriate, it was disrespectful, it was cruel and callous and I didn’t sign up for that,” Sheila tells her hubby over a game of basketball.

“He said a hurtful and damaging thing to his wife,” she adds to the cameras." 

Run Nate. Sheila why do you spend even a breath putting down your, ahem, 'husband' to the world. Why do you treat Nate like a competitor rather than your friend and husband? Men (even women) will say the darndest things, but for an infraction not involving bodily harm, a "hurtful and damaging thing to his wife', rarely warrants the dissolvement of a marriage or using that marriage as a wedge to get an apology.  He was born and raised in Flint Michigan, he's not Clark Gable, he's a 'man' 'from Mars', not fashioned to be anymore than he is, and a diamond in the rough is still worth salvaging. Jmo.

You're not the only one with' feelings', Sheila. 

Happy to know I'm not the only one who thinks Sheila treats Nate like shit.  Maybe Nates Mother saw something in her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Nick is having twins?  Do we know the girl and are they married?  How do you find these things out.. On SM or Twitter, etc.. ?   All of which I don't have.

Check out the season four social media thread for the tea on that: 

6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

That was explosive?  Ha ha , what a joke .. They made something out of nothing.  He was only stating which would she prefer .. Filling out the form or looking at the menus.  My husband does that all the time.  I don't even answer him. Lol.  Only then will he get the message.

He was frustrated because she wanted him to multitask... her bad.

23 hours ago, StormyClouds said:

I completely agree. Call me a cynic...but their body language from Unfiltered when watching  their clips just screams not together.  I will be totally baffled if they are together at present day. 

I will say...the producers of this show sure are loving the "history making" season of ALL 3/3 couples staring married. Just makes me wonder.... ?

They are 100% not together. He recently posted that taking part in MAFS was the worst decision in his life. He would have never said that if they were still together. They are cordial, but that's it.

• Love 5

http://www.christianpost.com/news/married-at-first-sight-2017-finale-news-decision-night-unleashes-revelations-which-one-was-surprising-193615/

This season will not end...or does it seem it is an endless loop...of the same...Danielle avoids sex with Cody, Cody mournfully complains... Sheila's insecurity flairs, N8 walks into a firewall of her rage...Ash/Ant live a normal life causing the producers create drama when the fans are okay with watching them snuggle under that awesome couch throw...Sell the Ant/Ash throw on the Lifetime Network online store...please

• Love 4

I will not be surprised if all three couples are still together.  I won't be surprised if one or more splits up.  The producers really got into the editing game this season and we have no idea what the real story is.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I will not be surprised if all three couples are still together.  I won't be surprised if one or more splits up.  The producers really got into the editing game this season and we have no idea what the real story is.

Agree the editing game this season was over the top and so didn't give us most of the story with them all. Its why I got to the point of not reading to much into things since we were only shown bs the producers wanted to make it look like things were only this way and not the other way around or issues that went on from both sides and so on. Nate and Sheila's fights and the ragging on Sheila for the cause was a big issue. They had faces the caught of Nate's that didn't make it look like he was very innocent in things but yet only showed her freaking out. We never were ever given the whole stories on any of their fights. Danielle and Cody end up staying together in the end but yet all season it has looked like they were just awkward and floundering. When really if we saw the rest of the time together we might have thought different. We have no clue though. Ashley got made to look like she was baby hungry and issues with security and such. Which I think it might have been Unfiltered it was brought up by Anthony on how they talked about the baby thing and she didn't want them right then and there but had said after a years time to start trying but that wouldn't fit with the producers' "vision" to have that included in any of their talks. As for the issues with feeling secure in the relationship, who wouldn't in that kind of setting?

4 hours ago, stuckin60s said:

Question.  When did this season actually begin? Wedding dates etc   And if this is the 6 months show is that from the weddings or from the end of the episodes?

I think it might be after the decision day is filmed. I only say that because of the time frame when its looked at. If they filmed it recently, if its to be assumed by the pic sent out by Anthony and Sheila not there because of the school issue then that was last month. They were filming it during the time of last seasons airing. Which I will take it they were still filming as that season ended. Of course they could tell us its a 6 month reunion and be off on the months as well. If it was done by the start if things and their weddings then it should have been held sooner.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

https://twitter.com/Anthony_MAFS?lang=en

Scroll down to July 12th on Anthony's twitter to see the pix of the gang with the blurb of last day of filming....which we are lead to believe is the reunion show.

Danielle's hair is 2 toned unlike the almost one color at the Decision show so time has passed...how much can't be determined.

This was the second reunion show that may or may not be on August 10.  The first reunion was filmed approx Nov/Dec. 

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Buildings flooding in her school district so she had to deal with the emergency and didn't make it to the reunion.

Previously discussed on page 11 here.

Yep she didn't make it to the second reunion in July. 

Sheila was obviously at the first reunion based on the preview we have been shown. 

On July 26, 2017 at 6:18 PM, Evil Queen said:

Remember we are getting the edits that the producers want to make these people look a certain way. Yes she gave them enough to make her look a certain way but they also didn't give us the whys on her acting in such a way in those moments. So its not 100% that she is this way or that way. IMO I see Nate as a smooth talker. Which he might be in moments and might not in others. He could be a major asshole but we didn't see that because they wanted her to look like the one with issues. In the end we have no clue what was the cause of the moments. The edits were all over the place during them too. Its not just them but the other couples and how they have tried to make them all look as well to "fit" what production wants in the end. 

You are correct, it's like when people say shit like, "black women are so angry..." but nobody asks why.  They just see the behavior and think, they're angry so that's that.  No one bothers to ask, "what has she gone through" (if you want to see, watch 'Queen Sugar')

But saying that, if Sheila is really that angry all the time, she should consider therapy.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, StormyClouds said:

This was the second reunion show that may or may not be on August 10.  The first reunion was filmed approx Nov/Dec. 

I am not sure where this is coming from but there is only one reunion show. There isn't a 2nd one  on the schedule at all. Nothing on Lifetime's site schedule and I see nothing on my dvr set to go. This week is listed at an hour....which really it will probably run over knowing how it is. Does anyone even have dates for when the couples got married? And where its said that the reunion was filmed at that time? 

There was a second reunion/recap show at one point. Ashley mentioned on SM plus see screenshot from TV Guide:

okndhe.png

Weddings were around August 5/6.

The first reunion was filmed in Chicago 

Edited by StormyClouds
Wrong link
5 hours ago, StormyClouds said:

There was a second reunion/recap show at one point. Ashley mentioned on SM plus see screenshot from TV Guide:

okndhe.png

Weddings were around August 5/6.

The first reunion was filmed in Chicago 

I wonder why they pulled this. Maybe it'll be on the website as a "special" clip?

Edited by JAndy

What producing genius thought it was a good idea to extend this season by bringing in Pastor Calvin and his wife to play couple's therapy games with this cast?

Stop the madness...

They shot this ill conceived show and in post production the editors couldn't slice and dice it it into a watchable show

Bet Lifetime used this show to test if Calvin and Wendy are the next Dr. Phil and his wife, what's her name... and if they could host a touchy feely show.

Guessing the result was a hot mess, so no show and it was yanked from the schedule.

Makes me want to see the train wreck and every cringe worthy moment.

• Love 3

Ok, Wendy is the Pastor's wife.  I could not make the connection.  

Since they are going to change the ending a bit, I am going to say all three couples are still together and that's why the goofy games and highlight reels...

On August 1, 2017 at 8:57 AM, humbleopinion said:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/married-at-first-sight-2017-finale-news-decision-night-unleashes-revelations-which-one-was-surprising-193615/

This season will not end...or does it seem it is an endless loop...of the same...Danielle avoids sex with Cody, Cody mournfully complains... Sheila's insecurity flairs, N8 walks into a firewall of her rage...Ash/Ant live a normal life causing the producers create drama when the fans are okay with watching them snuggle under that awesome couch throw...Sell the Ant/Ash throw on the Lifetime Network online store...please

I've asked about that couch throw before and if anyone knew where it could be bought.  I LOVE throws and LOVE that one.   Maybe a "Grandma" made it?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I've asked about that couch throw before and if anyone knew where it could be bought.  I LOVE throws and LOVE that one.   Maybe a "Grandma" made it?

Ashley said that her sister sells the pattern on Etsy.  Sooo... you will have to make it or have it made.  It is gorgeous.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntDebbieDesigns?ref=search_shop_redirect

Found the shop.

Edited by Jellybeans
added etsy shop
10 hours ago, JAndy said:

I wonder why they pulled this. Maybe it'll be on the website as a "special" clip?

Probably because it was stupid. Even the sound of what it would have been is pushing things. I can't stand him or the other "experts" so I really don't want to see more of them and their bs. This "2nd reunion" wasn't even on any schedule that I saw from the get go either. So it was probably just some thrown together junk and ended up not editing well. If Sheila wasn't at that then it makes no sense to have done it as well. Which could be another reason why its not happening. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Thanks for the info.  I can crochet, but not knit.  Going to look it up.  Maybe give me something to do this winter, lol.

Good luck!  I think it is beautiful.  I wish I could make it as I love the pattern.

• Love 1
On 07/25/2017 at 0:30 AM, gonecrackers said:

Derek needs to find something else to do besides stoned Twittering.

http://thederekandjoshshow.libsyn.com/website/the-derek-and-josh-show-episode-1

Why did you post this, I blame you for this mess. Since each episode is over an hour I am assuming he has now branched out into stoned podcasting.

I think I am going to have to adjust my listening habits when crap like this pops up in my recommended list.

Something hanky is going on...

Tonight's(8/3)Reunion show on Lifetime is 62 minutes long

8/8+ 8/9 Reunion Show airings on FYI are 59 minutes long

But 8/13 on FYI the Reunion Show is 92 minutes long...gonna  DVR this episode on the outside chance it has segments of the Calvin/Wendy show added

Maybe another schedule snafu but who knows...

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Something hanky is going on...

Tonight's(8/3)Reunion show on Lifetime is 62 minutes long

8/8+ 8/9 Reunion Show airings on FYI are 59 minutes long

But 8/13 on FYI the Reunion Show is 92 minutes long...gonna  DVR this episode on the outside chance it has segments of the Calvin/Wendy show added

Maybe another schedule snafu but who knows...

Those dates don't make sense unless they are showing reruns.  The show airs on Thursdays, so tonight (8/3) is the six-month reunion show (I'm guessing) and then next week, 8/10, there is another show set to run.  8/8, 8/9, and 8/13 are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Sunday, so I would think those episodes are repeats?

Edited to add:  I looked at the Lifetime site and they definitely do not have MAFS on the schedule past Aug. 3.  Weird.

Edited by cardigirl

Yes, it appears the 8/3 Reunion is new content on Lifetime but all the other airings are listed as repeats on FYI.

Lifetime is airing tonight's show as a repeat only once at midnight(8/4) for Lifetime...then M@FS falls off the Lifetime schedule...no 92 minute version scheduled

Just wanted to give a heads up for the 8/13  1030am  92 minute version of the Reunion Show shown ONLY of FYI, not on Lifetime.

1030am airing is unusual if there is new content but it could just be 2 Jamie Odious segments slapped on the Reunion Show and you have 92 minutes of content...

DVR if you need closure for this choppy season....

• Love 1

What's going on?  I'm confused.  Here on Long Island, tonite 8-9 pm on Lifetime "Season 5 Reunion Special".  Is this 6 months after the Decision?  Will there be any more of anything after tonight?