Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

I finally saw the video.  Heather looks horribly disappointed but she does seem to be trying harder than Ashley.  I don't see Kathy Bates, just someone whose hopes were sky high and came crashing down.  She looks completely defeated.   I hated Ashley - I thought she was a total faker and asshole but Heather is not Ashley.  I can see that Heather is just not getting over the initial deal breaker and how it makes her see Derek.  She probably sees him as a slacker, low life druggie, which is probably an unfair and exaggerated image of him based on high expectations that weren't met, and it seems to be a first impression that she can't get over.  In this video it looks like she is still being negative about Derek but is at least attempting to listen to the pastor's advice. 

I don't know, I think about how I would feel if Derek were the guy I was matched with and I can kind of understand it.  He's not my type, he smokes weed and/or cigarettes often, he has tattoos (none of which are my thing).  If I were faced with all that I might be disappointed too.  It's easy to judge people but I put myself in their shoes and it looks different.  I don't think Heather bargained for having to get over all that.  The pastor said they didn't try to find "the perfect match" for them.  That's a bullshit statement - Lillian certainly feels like they found her the perfect match in Tom.  Imagine if she had been disappointed in him right away - She'd be looking as deflated as Heather by now.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I finally saw the video.  Heather looks horribly disappointed but she does seem to be trying harder than Ashley.  I don't see Kathy Bates, just someone whose hopes were sky high and came crashing down.  She looks completely defeated.   I hated Ashley - I thought she was a total faker and asshole but Heather is not Ashley.  I can see that Heather is just not getting over the initial deal breaker and how it makes her see Derek.  She probably sees him as a slacker, low life druggie, which is probably an unfair and exaggerated image of him based on high expectations that weren't met, and it seems to be a first impression that she can't get over.  In this video it looks like she is still being negative about Derek but is at least attempting to listen to the pastor's advice. 

I agree that she seems hopeless and does not appear as fake as Ashley, but I'm not sure Heather is actually trying any harder.  If Derek were more accommodating like David (S3), maybe she would have a more positive attitude.  However, I think their interaction so far has made Derek defensive and very wary of her intentions.  He appears not to trust her and read ulterior motives in what she says. 

It's a shame.  Their relationship has been poisoned already and I don't think there is an antidote.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, HZAnita said:

I agree that she seems hopeless and does not appear as fake as Ashley, but I'm not sure Heather is actually trying any harder.  If Derek were more accommodating like David (S3), maybe she would have a more positive attitude.  However, I think their interaction so far has made Derek defensive and very wary of her intentions.  He appears not to trust her and read ulterior motives in what she says. 

It's a shame.  Their relationship has been poisoned already and I don't think there is an antidote.

That why I said she should have addressed their issue off camera. Blindsiding the spouse breeds hate. The trust is definitely broken. Very unfortunate. 

Dang, how long did they have to sit on that beach?  Anyway I f&$@king love Neal's response to the haters, and yes I am one of those cussing low class women, and not a young one either?

Edited by Waterlilly
Stoned. Just kidding
  • Love 10

So I don't think Heather liked Derek from the beginning. Maybe its just her nature but she didn't seem that into it and imo was looking for a reason to be out. However, the smoking issue is legit esp. if it is weed. Thats way different then cigarettes and his comment about being less harmful then alcohol def. makes me think that is exactly what it is.  For her job and just as a personal preference I can see how that would be a huge turn off even if she was willing to look over the fact that he wasn't her type.
 But just as person she is very cold and impersonal. I mean even when shopping for her dress she didn't seem that into it. I also didn't like the pastor comment about not finding the perfect match...Yes they are supposed to be finding the perfect match but not finding perfect people. I think that is what he meant because anyone married or in a relationship knows that the one they love is not perfect by any means but perfect for them. Perfectly matched.

Sonia seems like sweet girl but she almost always seems scared. From the knot interview with Nick I think they do make it, I hope once they adjust to the cameras it comes off a bit better on the show,

Tom and Lilly. I am a sucker for the overly affectionate couples usually. Davina and Sean being the exception. I hope they make it. Not only are they attracted to one another they both seem to really be all in. That is really nice to see. I liked how they talked out the disagreement with his comment about materialistic. I thought she was being overly sensitive but it was good to see them discuss it like most married couples do. And by the looks of what they had to go through to film on his bus no way do they stay there.

Edited by Jassie99
add on
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Jassie99 said:

So I don't think Heather liked Derek from the beginning. Maybe its just her nature but she didn't seem that into it and imo was looking for a reason to be out. However, the smoking issue is legit esp. if it is weed. Thats way different then cigarettes and his comment about being less harmful then alcohol def. makes me think that is exactly what it is.  For her job and just as a personal preference I can see how that would be a huge turn off even if she was willing to look over the fact that he wasn't her type.
 But just as person she is very cold and impersonal. I mean even when shopping for her dress she didn't seem that into it. I also didn't like the pastor comment about not finding the perfect match...Yes they are supposed to be finding the perfect match but not finding perfect people. I think that is what he meant because anyone married or in a relationship knows that the one they love is not perfect by any means but perfect for them. Perfectly matched.

Sonia seems like sweet girl but she almost always seems scared. From the knot interview with Nick I think they do make it, I hope once they adjust to the cameras it comes off a bit better on the show,

Tom and Lilly. I am a sucker for the overly affectionate couples usually. Davina and Sean being the exception. I hope they make it. Not only are they attracted to one another they both seem to really be all in. That is really nice to see. I liked how they talked out the disagreement with his comment about materialistic. I thought she was being overly sensitive but it was good to see them discuss it like most married couples do. And by the looks of what they had to go through to film on his bus no way do they stay there.

A big "yes" to all of what Jassie99 said.   

As for Heather:  I think the tattoes might be all that she finds acceptable about Derek, unfortunately.  

About that dress she picked for her wedding to a stranger:  I found that perplexing as hell.  The ultra-low cleavage seemed inappropriate, especially in light of her icy demeanor once she met her "match."  In hindsight, it almost seems as though the dress was sadistic, considering her response to her new groom.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

The pastor said they didn't try to find "the perfect match" for them.  That's a bullshit statement - Lillian certainly feels like they found her the perfect match in Tom.  Imagine if she had been disappointed in him right away - She'd be looking as deflated as Heather by now.

The pastor was correct.  There is no such thing as a perfect match for someone.  What they found was someone comparable based on their evaluations; but then they have to do the work.  

The interesting thing about Heather is, Derek was not the first person they were going to match her with, it was another man.  The reason they didn't match them was because the experts were concerned that the other man was VERY concerned with how the woman they picked for him would look, and I think that man said he wanted someone who looked exotic (that man was a light skinned black man, or biracial...hard to tell these days).

Danggggg.... why didn't I think of this before? The BIG question is when Dr Pepper and the other experts asked Heather if ok with smoking, did they specify what her spouse would be occasionally smoking? I think they asked her abt smoking weed and she was fine with it being occasional. Watch Dr Pepper when she mentioned it, she never said cigarettes either.

I am thinking that was why she gave him permission to smoke, since she told the experts she was ok with it. Derek crossed the occasional line when he smoked 5days in a row. He crossed over from an occasional user to a substance abuser in her mind. She should have just addressed it with him in private. I don't think it would have been a big deal.

1 hour ago, Jassie99 said:

.....Maybe its just her nature but she didn't seem that into it and imo was looking for a reason to be out.

....But just as person she is very cold and impersonal. I mean even when shopping for her dress she didn't seem that into it.

I think you're right.  I was thinking back on the first show and I wonder if Heather checked out right after she got selected.  She really didn't seem very excited about it, even while dress shopping.  

Btw, I believe she picked her dress because she didn't think she could attract a guy with a normal wedding dress.  After all, once a guy sees boobs he is hypnotized and blinded to all else, lol!  As girls we'd remember the sparkly belt and full skirt and bad fit but guys will remember BOOBS!  I'm no Dr. Phil but girl seems to have self-esteem issues.

I'll give credit to the two of them compared to David and Ashley...Derek isn't delusional and stands up for himself and Heather at least interacts instead of giving blank stares.  Still, since this last show I don't think either of them are very likable.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

Danggggg.... why didn't I think of this before? The BIG question is when Dr Pepper and the other experts asked Heather if ok with smoking, did they specify what her spouse would be occasionally smoking? I think they asked her abt smoking weed and she was fine with it being occasional. Watch Dr Pepper when she mentioned it, she never said cigarettes either.

I am thinking that was why she gave him permission to smoke, since she told the experts she was ok with it. Derek crossed the occasional line when he smoked 5days in a row. He crossed over from an occasional user to a substance abuser in her mind. She should have just addressed it with him in private. I don't think it would have been a big deal.

I would be very surprised if they had knowingly put someone on the show who smokes weed in a state where it's illegal. My guess is that when they asked Heather if she was okay with occasional smoking, they meant cigarettes, and so did she when she gave her reply. I really doubt that Dr. Pepper was pissed off with Heather (which she seemed to be) because she turned out not to be okay with (more than occasional) weed smoking. When people talk about smoking, it's usually about cigarettes, so I don't think that Dr. Pepper needed to add the word 'cigarettes' when she talked about this.

If this is the case, I really wonder what Dr. Pepper's reaction was when she found out it was weed, not cigarettes, that Derek smoked on the honeymoon.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

The pastor was correct.  There is no such thing as a perfect match for someone.  What they found was someone comparable based on their evaluations; but then they have to do the work. 

Of course he's correct but that's no consolation to someone who probably could only wish to have been matched with someone as "perfect" for her as Lily is finding Tom.  To me what the pastor said was a cop out for a bad match.  When they don't match them well enough they blame the candidates like "the rest is up to you".  Well I don't buy that.  I think this was a bad match from the get go and the fault lies with the experts and the methods they use.   OK, so Heather said "occasionally" but is that her fault if the guy misrepresented himself or had a different idea of what "occasionally" meant?  No - I think it's the experts' fault for not being more specific in grilling these people about their preferences.  The question should have asked how many times a month is acceptable to them or something more specific.  Obviously the results they're getting from these inventories is not very specific nor does it weed (ha!) out misrepresentation very well.  If their questionnaires aren't very good that explains why the quality of their matches is so poor on average.  Someone with common sense has to be monitoring it or stuff like this will happen.  Even Heather knows that what one person thinks is "occasionally" is another person's "often".  Even I know that and I'm supposedly not an "expert".  Shows you how much THEY know.

• Love 5

If it is weed I am team Heather. In FL it is illegal...even medicinal not legal. Also it is not like states were it is decriminalized. Now...tons of people indulge...and really cops arent targeting users...but...people still have to drive to get it or have a dealer visit them and that is the problem.      Heather had a dui and she works in a job that can drug test her anytime. What if they are in a fender bender or traffic violation and Derek has weed on him? What if he forgets and leaves some in the car? A semi former friend of mine asked me a big favor drive her from Miami as her car stck there and when we got back she pulled out a bag weed...iwas pizzed. I drove on the turnpike with that?Yow. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

The interesting thing about Heather is, Derek was not the first person they were going to match her with, it was another man.  The reason they didn't match them was because the experts were concerned that the other man was VERY concerned with how the woman they picked for him would look, and I think that man said he wanted someone who looked exotic (that man was a light skinned black man, or biracial...hard to tell these days).

Agreed. I think it's very difficult to find the "perfect" match ala Lily and Tom (and whether they are 'perfect' for each other is yet to be seen) when you're trying to narrow it down to one person in basically one round of looking. There could be quite a few people out there who are compatible with these individuals but one little quirk or two could throw the whole match off. I honestly think these folks would have better luck with eHarmony. I know quite a few people who found their spouses on there and are happy in their marriages. It likely has a similar screening questionnaire. I've heard from friends that it's quite long. And at least you can date the people before going as far as marriage.

With regards to Derek, I think it's very possible that he was asked about his smoking but lied about how much. I recently watched the episode where they were searching for participants and when they asked him about his sex life, specifically one night stands his first answer was a little questionable then he changed it to something more politically correct. 

With regards to Heather, she WAS just excited about being matched as Lilly and Sonia. She even cried when she was told they'd found her a husband. I think she just wasn't attracted to Derek from jump and as a result has pulled back from building any type of relationship with him. She did admit to not feeling any chemistry towards him on their wedding night. 

Edited by Enero
39 minutes ago, Enero said:

Agreed. I think it's very difficult to find the "perfect" match ala Lily and Tom (and whether they are 'perfect' for each other is yet to be seen) when you're trying to narrow it down to one person in basically one round of looking. There could be quite a few people out there who are compatible with these individuals but one little quirk or two could throw the whole match off. I honestly think these folks would have better luck with eHarmony. I know quite a few people who found their spouses on there and are happy in their marriages. It likely has a similar screening questionnaire. I've heard from friends that it's quite long. And at least you can date the people before going as far as marriage.

With regards to Derek, I think it's very possible that he was asked about his smoking but lied about how much. I recently watched the episode where they were searching for participants and when they asked him about his sex life, specifically one night stands his first answer was a little questionable then he changed it to something more politically correct. 

With regards to Heather, she WAS just excited about being matched as Lilly and Sonia. She even cried when she was told they'd found her a husband. I think she just wasn't attracted to Derek from jump and as a result has pulled back from building any type of relationship with him. She did admit to not feeling any chemistry towards him on their wedding night. 

Yep, definitely, to that last paragraph!

I re-watched the experts discussing their choices and their reasons for each particular match.  When they were discussing Heather it was mentioned that she'd listed sex as something that was VERY important to her --  evidently, she had listed this (and sexual chemistry, of course, with her match) as something that was vitally necessary.   I didn't hear what the experts said about Derek, but I imagine he listed this as a top concern, as well.  It just goes to show you that sex can be number one on anyone's list, but true sexual satisfaction in marriage should be acquired via some sort of physical chemistry.  

I don't believe all people who get married have this idealized version of sex, but this is obviously what Heather was seeking.  She didn't get it with Derek.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

A big "yes" to all of what Jassie99 said.   

As for Heather:  I think the tattoes might be all that she finds acceptable about Derek, unfortunately.  

About that dress she picked for her wedding to a stranger:  I found that perplexing as hell.  The ultra-low cleavage seemed inappropriate, especially in light of her icy demeanor once she met her "match."  In hindsight, it almost seems as though the dress was sadistic, considering her response to her new groom.

I doubt she finds the tattoos acceptable. They are horrible IMO and hard to look past. As for the dress, I just saw something the other day about "in" wedding dress and them being sexy with skin showing. There was a dress with the ultra low v line as one of them. As well as some pretty sheer looking ones that to me were not appropriate for marrying in either. Since we don't know if they have time to alter these dresses or just find whatever can fit I am trying to give them a little pass on it. Yet I really didn't care for any of the dresses. It just makes me wonder how much time between finding out they are matched and the wedding day they have. Did they ever say? 

3 hours ago, ctbabe said:

The thing is I doubt weed is even asked about. When they ask about smoking its probably just like any dating site where they ask about smoking and drinking and what is ok to you and if you do it and how often. I can not see this show asking even in a state that it might be legal if that was ok or not. There is more problems with it than the show needs. It brings to question if they do more than just smoke weed into play as well. Since where they are from and it is illegal in every way it would be so irresponsible for them ask that and pick someone that is a pot smoker like that. I do not believe in anyway that Derek is just an "occasional" user at all. And we all know that there is no way things will ever be addressed in private. There is no private when you are doing any kind of reality show. It comes with the territory of doing them. Which btw, I still think he would have freaked out like he did no matter how she discussed it because he has a problem but doesn't think so. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Paddywagon said:

I'll give credit to the two of them compared to David and Ashley...Derek isn't delusional and stands up for himself and Heather at least interacts instead of giving blank stares.  Still, since this last show I don't think either of them are very likable.

I would have LOVED to watch David stand up to Trashley like that.

4 hours ago, Paddywagon said:

Btw, I believe she picked her dress because she didn't think she could attract a guy with a normal wedding dress.  After all, once a guy sees boobs he is hypnotized and blinded to all else, lol!  As girls we'd remember the sparkly belt and full skirt and bad fit but guys will remember BOOBS!  I'm no Dr. Phil but girl seems to have self-esteem issues.

I'm a boob man even, and it just came off as classless to me.  Like something you'd see in a reality show about a Florida trailer park.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BunnySlippers said:

I would be very surprised if they had knowingly put someone on the show who smokes weed in a state where it's illegal. My guess is that when they asked Heather if she was okay with occasional smoking, they meant cigarettes, and so did she when she gave her reply. I really doubt that Dr. Pepper was pissed off with Heather (which she seemed to be) because she turned out not to be okay with (more than occasional) weed smoking. When people talk about smoking, it's usually about cigarettes, so I don't think that Dr. Pepper needed to add the word 'cigarettes' when she talked about this.

If this is the case, I really wonder what Dr. Pepper's reaction was when she found out it was weed, not cigarettes, that Derek smoked on the honeymoon.

Agree. I think everyone's reaction was "O sh*t". I don't understand how they didn't screen Derek out though. All it did was make way more work for production, editing, etc.  Making sure there were no legal issues. They were the last couple to get married, right? Maybe there was another couple set up or Heather's initial match fell through. I know production matches people that will make for good ratings (ie. girly girl with a lexus with a bus-dweller, girl who lives in JERSEY matched with a guy who won't leave his mom and long island, etc.), but I thought even this was a little too far. 

Also, I have to bring up Nick. Nick is an interesting dude. Compare him on the show with his tone on social media and they don't quite add up. He's super sassy on SM, not afraid to speak his mind. It makes you rethink a lot about the cast's character - what do we see that actually describes them, and what is just what production wants you to see. I have this theory that he is bi and has maybe had a few boyfriends over the last few years. Total speculation. So many people commented on twitter how they thought it was wrong that Sonia labeled him 'girly' or 'metro' with the ironing or pink shirts, and she kept saying 'stay tuned' or 'they don't show you everything'. I thought I read an AirBnB review on his page that said he and another man were great hosts. Maybe I'm way off my rocker here.. but I feel like at least at some point, he was batting for the other team and has now either had a change of feelings, or wants to force himself to settle down with a woman? 

Edited by red.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, red. said:

Also, I have to bring up Nick. Nick is an interesting dude. Compare him on the show with his tone on social media and they don't quite add up. He's super sassy on SM, not afraid to speak his mind. It makes you rethink a lot about the cast's character - what do we see that actually describes them, and what is just what production wants you to see. I have this theory that he is bi and has maybe had a few boyfriends over the last few years. Total speculation. So many people commented on twitter how they thought it was wrong that Sonia labeled him 'girly' or 'metro' with the ironing or pink shirts, and she kept saying 'stay tuned' or 'they don't show you everything'. I thought I read an AirBnB review on his page that said he and another man were great hosts. Maybe I'm way off my rocker here.. but I feel like at least at some point, he was batting for the other team and has now either had a change of feelings, or wants to force himself to settle down with a woman? 

I said it early on that I felt like he was gay but that maybe he was bi or who knows what but to me he doesn't seem into Sonia at all. I just don't see it. I will say that the review you say and mention of another man could just be business partner in it but who knows really. 

• Love 2

^ Well that might explain Sonia's comment in the preview that "everything he's said up to this point is a crock of sh*t" and her taking off her wedding ring and throwing it down. Or she learns he just came on the show to promote his business and not become an actress like her, I mean find love. :)

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

I'm a boob man even, and it just came off as classless to me.  Like something you'd see in a reality show about a Florida trailer park.

Yes, classless for sure.  The kind of guy who would find it attractive is probably the kind she's used to dating. Every other guy would just remember boobs.  I can't understand why the family/friends shopping with her didn't say "you look like a friggin' ho in that dress."  I may not remember correctly but I think her mom said, "oh it's beautiful."  Really?  I wonder if it's a case of tip-toeing around the brat to not set her off, like Sam last season.

• Love 4

Rule of thumb about if you need a bra:

If you place a pencil under the boob and it stays then you need support, if the pencil drops to the floor you are good to go sans bra.

Heather could put a whole color pencil set under each boob, run a 5k and not lose a single color.

• Love 8

I don't want to judge too fast, but Nick reminds me of my ex and did "at first sight".  He will control everything in the end, emotion, finances, self worth, social circle, career, time, you will never see it coming or realize when it happened. He will never give his whole self and let you completely in, always secrets. That little pillow talk scene was too real to me, it was all about control, first he makes you second guess yourself, then he makes you feel dumb, then you apologize, last, you never do it again. They always seem to go after the bubbly personality and cap it, smother it and silence it. Whew, I feel better now. Hope I'm wrong!

oh, I was a great beard too.

Edited by Waterlilly
To add beard comment
  • Love 2

I caught up on the the minisodes, it was interesting hearing the behind the scenes comments from some of the participants friends and family.

Tom's friend is hilarious. He said what many have already said that 24, referring to Lily, was a little young to be marrying someone you just met. He actually said at 24 you should be waking up with someone you just met ala one night stand. Lol. He was funny. 

Interesting that Sonia thought the preacher was going to be her new husband. I think that would explain why she was so relieved to learn that Nick was who they'd matched her with. Also interesting that historically she's dated tall, dark, handsome and extroverted men, but she get's matched with Nick who is the complete opposite of that. Hmm. I do have to agree with those who thinks Nick is gay. If he's not he's either bi or just VERY metro. Some of his mannerisms in these minisodes made me think more gay than metro though.

Even though Derek's friends were interviewed, there wasn't much insight on him and Heather. His friends did seemed really cool though. 

It was also interesting to learn that the producers extensively interviews the participants families before casting them on the show. Lily's sisters said they were relentlessly questioned before she was selected for the show.  

Unpopular opinion, I think the host, Jaime, does a pretty good job hosting the show.

Edited by Enero
On 8/21/2016 at 2:07 AM, Evil Queen said:

I said it early on that I felt like he was gay but that maybe he was bi or who knows what but to me he doesn't seem into Sonia at all. I just don't see it. I will say that the review you say and mention of another man could just be business partner in it but who knows really. 

I agree with you and red., I've had mild gaydar going off with him myself all along, especially after reading his Linkedin page!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Paddywagon said:

Yes, classless for sure.  The kind of guy who would find it attractive is probably the kind she's used to dating. Every other guy would just remember boobs.  I can't understand why the family/friends shopping with her didn't say "you look like a friggin' ho in that dress."  I may not remember correctly but I think her mom said, "oh it's beautiful."  Really?  I wonder if it's a case of tip-toeing around the brat to not set her off, like Sam last season.

Knowing Heather was once arrested for flashing her boobs in public it seems she has a thing with using her boobs to attract men.  I kind of think both she and Derek are neck and neck in the "classless" department, though - Those tattoos of his are awful!

• Love 5
16 hours ago, gumbo said:

Could I get a link to the airbnb page please.

Here you go - In the reviews a woman mentions that Nick and some other guy were great hosts.  Another woman says Nick decorated the place very well.  If he did that he definitely has designer tendencies.  He also mentions on that page a "clothing line coming soon" - Not that any of this makes him gay or anything but as my mother always used to say with regard to that, "Where there's smoke, there's fire".

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13978278

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3
On August 12, 2016 at 11:31 AM, cardigirl said:

Um, what article, please?  I've not seen anything about a ring being given back.  Thanks in advance for any link you might have.

There was a shot in a trailer hype where one of the girls takes off her ring and tosses it into a tray in the console of the car they're in.  When I saw that clip, I didn't know enough about the couples (or anything about them, really) to identify who it was.  Maybe that's where the idea came from.

and I want to add this about Heather and Derrick - Heather is an established woman.  Strong, set, healthy and complete.  She's going to enter any relationship as large and in charge.  She's going to offer no flexibility about any issues, not ever.  She is clearly the superior.  She's going to believe her living arrangements are superior, her lifestyle is superior, her choices and opinions are superior.  There's never going to be any give/take.  Heather is going to explain "You hang your clothes on this side.  Put your shoes in that (and do not allow them to touch mine).  You must chew your food 6 times minimum per side..."  Nobody ever will walk into the sunset with her for a "mate".  It would be a matter of someone learning to adapt to her idea of life, always.  I don't think Derrick is that guy.  He seems to be fairly opinionated and in touch with himself.  When they had that scene on the patio after being apart for awhile, HE tried to move them off dead center.  I didn't feel he was planning to brush the incident under the rug, I thought maybe he wanted to approach it differently.  To me, in a hard but reasonable way, he was actually trying to navigate muddy water fairly.  She wanted no part of that.  Because: she's superior.

yeah, they're doomed.  But trying to find a man for Heather would be a challenge, no matter what.  I really kind of think she only wants a man because everybody around her has one. she truly believes she's already got the perfect life, and trying to make anyone else fit her perfect world... really, not so much.  It's really too bad Derrick isn't the one who lives in a bus.  Imagine Heather coming to terms with THAT.  Hehe!

observation:. Her wedding dress was a disaster

• Love 8

It just makes me wonder how much time between finding out they are matched and the wedding day they have. Did they ever say? 

I think I remember them saying 2 weeks in the first episode?

3 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I agree with you and red., I've had mild gaydar going off with him myself all along, especially after reading his Linkedin page!

is it possible he is just not physically attracted to her? he seems extremely fit, and she is a very big girl--not trying to be mean, but she is not in shape and it just may be a turn off for him. Then again, maybe not. hopefully as they get to know each other, they get past the initial physical attraction.

18 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

is it possible he is just not physically attracted to her? he seems extremely fit, and she is a very big girl--not trying to be mean, but she is not in shape and it just may be a turn off for him. Then again, maybe not. hopefully as they get to know each other, they get past the initial physical attraction.

I think their will be a successful couple just don't m ow between nick and tom which one will stick arounearound

Did anyone see Nick's post/gif on Instagram/Twitter about rumors?  Think he posted it today or yesterday.  Maybe he saw the comments about him being gay here.  

Fort Lauderdale has a pretty large gay community (I've got two gay friends who moved there from the midwest) and I would think it would be pretty okay for him to be out and proud but who knows.  He doesn't ping my gaydar nor did the friends at his bachelor party. 

I think he has a bunch of Air BnB properties and probably has a business partner or maybe an employee who helps when he's out of town.  From all of his interviews and his warm relationship with Sonia on social media, I do think they are still together.  

• Love 4

I have to say that he sure is dropping that he was part of this show on the AirBnB too (has he linked it to his Twitter account too?). Not only now is it that I think he is either gay or bi but he is also pushing his businesses with the show as well IMO. Which for me comes off in bad light and the show should really push away from allowing that stuff to happen. I have to say that even if the area he is in is gay friendly and would never be an issue for whoever to come out, the fact is what IF he is gay/bi but deep down his family would never expect it and so he hides it. We know it happens. He could have had his mom pushing him to find a nice girl to settle down with and so on. We have no clue what really brought him to this show at this point. Yet it was mentioned his friends as well above but it came off that a few of his friends were gay too. 

• Love 2