Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

sniglet, could you give the gist of what the twitter says?  I can't access twitter from work. (oopsie) 

Thanks!

Quoted below - from Zari Batista who was selected for Season 4 - Miami

"A little insight...

Some of you know the TV Married At First ‪#‎MAFS‬ ‪#‎MarriedAtFirstSight‬ and those that are close to me also know that I was contacted to be a part of the season in Miami. (Sharing with you all some insights).

After numerous castings, testings with over 380 questions, footage at my place with my family and friends, footage at work, every day messages, ring sizing, planning an entire wedding with less than 2 weeks, anxiety at its best I decided to opt out and not continue with this experiment but also promised I will share as to why.

The concept of this experiment, definitely is something that most people my age would appreciate, however the experiment was more based as a reality show. The Producers (a few in particular) were mostly concerned about ratings, they will message you at all sorts of crazy hours, call you with urgency as if your life depended on this "show". They will advise you what you needed to say oppose to what you really want to say. The questions they would ask was mainly to set you up for failure to revisit your past - of course because a good tv show consist of drama. However, because I value my life, admire my hustle and honestly understand what it's like to be single these days I decided I wouldn't get trapped in a contract and chose not to move forward after being selected one of the top candidates. (Not to mentioned top candidates.. Myself and a 22 year old girl who works in Hooters - I think this alone was what helped me understand what type of show this is)

The reason I share this today with you all is because life has a way of somehow allowing you to experience different things for a reason. Thankfully I met amazing souls who also experienced the horrible miscommunication with the "producers" and I promised to share to those that do watch, it's not an actual experiment - it's another reality show where you basically sell your soul to the devil. I know as it gets older it's harder to find your Match but seriously this "show" based on statistics most of the couples after the experiment end up truly getting a divorce. Just another BS reality show. - unless you want to get paid peanuts a week and don't have self respect - go for it."

• Love 6

sniglet, could you give the gist of what the twitter says?  I can't access twitter from work. (oopsie) 

Thanks!

The tweets are from a young lady from Miami who was chosen to be one one the brides for season 4. She went through everything until she realized the show was more "reality tv based" and opted out. She mentions something about producers calling at off hours, making her change some of her lines, and her realizing she didn't want any part of a contract. 

• Love 2

the bachelor and the bachelorette only have 5 successful couples in 20 something years so married at first sight is pretty solid with 2 maybe 3 successful couples i dont know what you want from this show they never guaranteed that their would be successful couple only thing they said is this is a social experiment and we want to see if its going to work chill out people dont care about weather ashley gave him a chance or not they care about how she treated him

• Love 2

The tweets are from a young lady from Miami who was chosen to be one one the brides for season 4. She went through everything until she realized the show was more "reality tv based" and opted out. She mentions something about producers calling at off hours, making her change some of her lines, and her realizing she didn't want any part of a contract. 

does anyone on here actually believe they are watching something real?? it's a reality show, scripted to some degree and edited for our entertainment. if it was truly real, or if the experts truly wanted matches, this show be a documentary and far more boring and precise. i am amazed people think they are watching or signing up to participate in 'real' stuff. i suppose these shows do well b/c so many people are gullible. good for her she walked away. thanks for sharing!

• Love 2

does anyone on here actually believe they are watching something real?? it's a reality show, scripted to some degree and edited for our entertainment. if it was truly real, or if the experts truly wanted matches, this show be a documentary and far more boring and precise. i am amazed people think they are watching or signing up to participate in 'real' stuff. i suppose these shows do well b/c so many people are gullible. good for her she walked away. thanks for sharing!

I looked at the tweets from this girl and what killed me was how at the end of it she is pushing she is opening her store. Which for me, rubbed me the wrong way doing that. We of course have no clue if she was someone picked or just putting that out there and then a little "hey i'm opening my store" or was picked and tossed that in as well to push it. Obviously if she thought she wasn't going to be getting into something filled with drama she either hasn't watched the show, wanted an easy 15 mins of fame, or has no clue how reality tv is. I would hope by now we all realize how badly reality tv wants it to be about the drama. If it wasn't no one would watch. I don't know why that girl would apply in the first place if she didn't think it would be about drama. I question the people that sign up for any kind of reality tv to begin with...even if they walk away not wanting to do it in the end. While I watch a handful of these kind of shows. Most I have no desire to ever turn on and don't get how they are even on at all or had spin off versions. I had started watching this one because it was different. As usual with reality tv as it goes on the kind that want to be cast and get the 15 mins of fame for anything they have to do becomes more apparent. With this show it will get worse because instead of casting for what it really is suppose to be they cast for the drama factor. Which really if you cast for what a show is suppose to be about can still bring drama to things or it can be boring. Heck even casting for drama doesn't always bring drama. Tres and Vanessa were kind of on the boring side for it if you look for the drama factor. So the editing and THs by the "experts" come off like she has such insecurity going on still and having to make certain things (him taking a phone call for work, etc) into bigger issues then it turned out to be. Its obvious when they try to create drama where there is none or get the couples in this show to have some issues come up or whatever else. Look at how Neil saying he wanted a divorce was edited? I'm sorry but there was no way he said it that way and there was stuff left out that wouldn't have created drama to how that ended though. Even Vanessa's was edited and it was badly done there.  

• Love 4

I looked at the tweets from this girl and what killed me was how at the end of it she is pushing she is opening her store. Which for me, rubbed me the wrong way doing that. We of course have no clue if she was someone picked or just putting that out there and then a little "hey i'm opening my store" or was picked and tossed that in as well to push it. Obviously if she thought she wasn't going to be getting into something filled with drama she either hasn't watched the show, wanted an easy 15 mins of fame, or has no clue how reality tv is. I would hope by now we all realize how badly reality tv wants it to be about the drama. If it wasn't no one would watch. I don't know why that girl would apply in the first place if she didn't think it would be about drama. I question the people that sign up for any kind of reality tv to begin with...even if they walk away not wanting to do it in the end. While I watch a handful of these kind of shows. Most I have no desire to ever turn on and don't get how they are even on at all or had spin off versions. I had started watching this one because it was different. As usual with reality tv as it goes on the kind that want to be cast and get the 15 mins of fame for anything they have to do becomes more apparent. With this show it will get worse because instead of casting for what it really is suppose to be they cast for the drama factor. Which really if you cast for what a show is suppose to be about can still bring drama to things or it can be boring. Heck even casting for drama doesn't always bring drama. Tres and Vanessa were kind of on the boring side for it if you look for the drama factor. So the editing and THs by the "experts" come off like she has such insecurity going on still and having to make certain things (him taking a phone call for work, etc) into bigger issues then it turned out to be. Its obvious when they try to create drama where there is none or get the couples in this show to have some issues come up or whatever else. Look at how Neil saying he wanted a divorce was edited? I'm sorry but there was no way he said it that way and there was stuff left out that wouldn't have created drama to how that ended though. Even Vanessa's was edited and it was badly done there.  

i really did think in the 1st season promos that this show would be different, and i was sad when i learned that out of XX,000 contestants in the first season they picked Jamie, who was a former bachelorette contestant. once i found out about that, i immediately realized i was watching a reality tv program ... total let-down. now i just watch for fun, knowing i'm being conned the whole time, lol

• Love 6
(edited)

JMO, but Zari Batista's tweet doesn't ring true to me. She says she made it all the way through the process up to the stage of planning a wedding in under two weeks, yet she hadn't signed a contract yet? That's not logical. If she was planning the wedding that means she was matched. No way would she still be without a contract.

And her derision of the "22-year-old girl who works at Hooters"? First, the minimum age for participation in this show has always been 25. Second, what's wrong with being a Hooters server/employee? Smacks of class-prejudice.

Zari sounds like a ringer to me, just putting stuff out there to cause convo and controversy and, maybe, to shine a light on the "sins" of Production. In fact, many of the people directly and peripherally involved with Season 3 are making careers trying to pretend "insider" b.s. and skullduggery all over the net, including SM and forums. Well, you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

On another topic, I don't believe Cilona and Levkoff left of their own volition or desire to disassociate from this show. More likely, they demanded more money and new contracts, and Kinetic balked. The docs probably felt a case could be made that all the travel to different cities necessitated more of a commitment on their parts. Levkoff and Cilona have shown their egos on SM and forums during the life of MAFS, imo, and they probably thought they could hold Kinetic hostage because Kinetic dare not cut them loose. I'm certain the two docs believed their participation was crucial to the series' success. Evidently, the company called their bluff.

JMO as always.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 11

JMO, but Zari Batista's tweet doesn't ring true to me. She says she made it all the way through the process up to the stage of planning a wedding in under two weeks, yet she hadn't signed a contract yet? That's not logical. If she was planning the wedding that means she was matched. No way would she still be without a contract.

i think she meant she was going to have to plan the wedding in under 2 weeks, not that she was planning it, but that she would have to do that... get just 2 weeks to put a wedding together if matched. i didn't read it that she was matched, but a finalist. maybe like with sam/neil.. they had a couple bail at the last minute this last season too... allegedly.

And her derision of the "22-year-old girl who works at Hooters"? First, the minimum age for participation in this show has always been 25. Second, what's wrong with being a Hooters server/employee? Smacks of class-prejudice.

Zari sounds like a ringer to me, just putting stuff out there to cause convo and controversy and, maybe, to shine a light on the "sins" of Production. In fact, many of the people directly and peripherally involved with Season 3 are making careers trying to pretend "insider" b.s. and skullduggery all over the net, including SM and forums. Well, you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

On another topic, I don't believe Cilona and Levkoff left of their own volition or desire to disassociate from this show. More likely, they demanded more money and new contracts, and Kinetic balked. The docs probably felt a case could be made that all the travel to different cities necessitated more of a commitment on their parts. Levkoff and Cilona have shown their egos on SM and forums during the life of MAFS, imo, and they probably thought they could hold Kinetic hostage because Kinetic dare not cut them loose. I'm certain the two docs believed their participation was crucial to the series' success. Evidently, the company called their bluff.

JMO as always.

I agreed with all of this. On the mobile site it doesn't have a like button so I can't "like" this post.

I definitely do not think the experts left by their own will. Also, is anyone that naive about this show to think it wasn't just another reality tv show?

• Love 1

All 3 ladies from Season 2 have retweeted this post...something sounds fishy to me.

I started to wonder how legit this was once I read the promo for the store opening...oh well, that's the reality tv world!

Does anyone know if Tres and Vanessa stayed together?

• Love 2

the only truth in that zari girl statement is yeah the production company is concerned about ratings because if the ratings suck the show gets cancelled and its common for producers to call on off hours that girl zari did what ashley should of done she went through the process and realized it wasnt for her but now since she runed her mouth she wont get many looks from reality tv shows

i really did think in the 1st season promos that this show would be different, and i was sad when i learned that out of XX,000 contestants in the first season they picked Jamie, who was a former bachelorette contestant. once i found out about that, i immediately realized i was watching a reality tv program ... total let-down. now i just watch for fun, knowing i'm being conned the whole time, lol

Yeah it would have come better if she wasn't cast. She is one of those that wanted to keep her 15 mins going longer than we all needed. Wasn't it said not to long ago how she was trying to get on Dr. Oz (who I find to be a joke anyway) because of being a nurse? Or something like that. She is one of those that you look at and could believe she would stay married for as long as needed to get some where in tv if it will give it to her. SMH I don't even watch those 10-15 min things after the show because I can't stand her. I tried with the first one and it was to much about her or what she sided with and such. Sorry but don't care. 

All 3 ladies from Season 2 have retweeted this post...something sounds fishy to me.

I started to wonder how legit this was once I read the promo for the store opening...oh well, that's the reality tv world!

All I have to say on this is hmmmmmm Something is fishy with this. 

the only truth in that zari girl statement is yeah the production company is concerned about ratings because if the ratings suck the show gets cancelled and its common for producers to call on off hours that girl zari did what ashley should of done she went through the process and realized it wasnt for her but now since she runed her mouth she wont get many looks from reality tv shows

Yeah with what sleekandchic mentioned from that, it does bring up a lot of questions on how legit this girl is about it really? To me it just came off as her pushing her store and by posting it as she did on MAFS and claiming to be picked but not wanting to then at the end "hey check my new store out", it came off as someone desperate for attention for her business. Agree that IF she had been one picked and backed out, that running her mouth on things wouldn't help her get on a reality tv show in the future. I would bet most would try to apply for some other one if they could get in on any of them at all so they wouldn't want to do a thing to mess that up. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The tweet to me does sound like she'd begun the wedding planning stage. That was done without contract? Doubt it. Did anyone else in the past know information about other people selected? Did Vanessa know a bank manager and nurse were also selected, for example? This girl knew a 22yr old Hooters Waitress is selected? As others have pointed out, the minimum age has been 25 and what does Hooters Waitress say about "the show"? Maybe she's a nice girl. Yeah the girls at Hooters wear those shirts but lets be real, its really just a chain restaurant... With really good wings. I think I'd rather know the 22 yr old Hooters Waitress than the maker of this post, she's probably not a Classist or seeking BS attention on the internet (if she exists.) Also, who doesn't know by now that all reality show producers care about ratings? Pimping out your own business at the end doesn't help with credibility at all.

Let me be clear, I'm not defending the show. I'm sure there's a shitton of shadyness that's gone on. I'm just skeptical about her.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 5

She had me up until the Hooter's comment - Why would she put herself down like that?  I think it might be someone close to a present or past contestant - Perhaps Season 2 which is why there were such fast retweets by the S2 women.

ITA and I've been busy or I was going to post that myself - Usually these are 3 year contracts and it would make sense that if the show wanted to cut them loose it would be now.  It could have been over money or they were not happy with how poor their matching ability was, plus their unprofessionalism on social media.  Or a combination of all of the above.

• Love 1

zari is wrong i talked to one of my friends that is casting the show she was close to being on the show but when she found out how much money she was going to be making she opted out the show

On the subject of this show and editing/producer manipulation, while obviously we've seen promo's that look like there could be drama, because that attracts viewers, like with the Tres/Vanessa work fight, that was just a promo mislead and it didn't pan out, because I guess it didn't really happen. The goal of this show is ultimately positive. Even though Bachelor shows say they want to make a match, they don't push the idea the women were picked by professionals. Now, I'm not so sure just how much the "Experts" really pick these people or its production. but the show itself pimps out the idea that there expert methods and standards being used. So, the more they'd edit someone to look bad, the more that would really just reflect on the shows bad skills of picking people. With Ryan D it seems like they'd probably have a really hard time editing out him being a douche or if they pulled it off that would really be faking the show. I believe they stupidly thought he would be able to control himself better, and I really don't think they wanted the "publicity" of the court case. With Ashley it does seem they used voiceovers over and over but if she didn't give them much to work with, they have to work with what they have. She even did a video diary that said "she won't talk to the experts if she has nothing to say" (I saw it air weeks ago when they were new in the house on the airing that has Cortney and Monet going over the diary cam stuff) and that was looking right into the camera, and they seemed to meet with the "experts" the least. If they didn't include Sam's comments to Neil about manliness his distance and attitude towards her wouldn't make too much sense to the audience. Again, drama does get viewers so there has to be some, but I tend to think this show is less intent on displaying train wreck TV because of the aspect of at least wanting the couples to last long enough to count as successful match. Now, it's clear they're not that good at making matches and may not try as much as they may claim, but that's being inept and/or lazy I don't think they really go out of their way to set them up to fail, since, again, ultimately that reflects back on the show/"Experts". Since the show is filmed all at once before it airs, even if they were trying to get revenge or whatever on someone who doesn't stick it out, the worse they go back and make them look is them making the show look worse for picking them. So I do over all think this may be edited less than a lot of other shows because of the endgame goal and supposed reputations of "experts".

• Love 1

I wasn't sure where to put it, but I wanted to share this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andyneuenschwander/all-the-married-at-first-sight-couples-ranked#.kqKYJQb5p

Agree with most rankings.

Thanks for the link, the Stashley charade lives on!  Hey, it's edited to fit the promotion. 

They cut out the part where she said "The moment I saw him at the wedding my heart soared.  I was fortunate to share my innermost beauty with him for six lusty and wonderful weeks!  I was devastated when he said he wanted a divorce".

• Love 3

I "know"  - have met - some people who worked on reality show/s here in south florida - low budget ones LOL, one season ones

they don't give up everything BUT I did glean that the production people can turn on a "character" who holds out and gives them little to work with

Sam is a "gift" to them....but Ashley is poison - extroverts get the love...."normal people" fall by the wayside (Vanessa and Tres) ...drama rules

One thought I did have - unlike most of the cast members on this show Ashley actually has more to lose...yes Jamie was/is a nurse but established and obviously looking for a tv career....Jessica was a pretty unsuccessful wannabe lingerie model/receptionist...Monet works in fashion I think but not the sort of job where a tv show would hurt her.....Courtney had some sort of office job and danced with a burlequse arty troop at night.....Jaque was a Vodka rep - hello...any exposure would help her and she tried to show off her vodka as much as possible....Davina was a "pharm rep"....yawn...a favorite job of all Bach and Bachette cast members.....Vanessa is the oft seen "event planner"........now...Sam and Ashley had more to lose..

did Sam already lose her job - was she kicked upstairs or hidden from public? Ashley had more to lose since she is NOT yet an RN...and I personally think her meltdown started at the bachelorette party - with the male strippers...did production pay for them? I don't blame her - I have actually enjoyed a few girls nights out with the guy dancers haha...but I would not want it shown on tv. The strip club shots - lap dances, crotch in face LOL - have become a reality show favorite

I think she really fell into  lose lose position....didn't like David...producers did not iike her..contract...and so forth

I must say tho...the hatred for a woman who didn't like a guy and put out for him is over the top

Now when they were "working" their old j-o-b I can imagine Snoop Dog or Heidi Fleiss (sis of the Bach producer) getting all mad and pissy if a girl refused to put out for her "date">>> but come on. Then again there have been reality tv shows - I recall one on HBO - about working girls

Yeah - Ashley was stupid to go on the show. BUT they chose her...was it for the drama?  And while she admittedly did not know of his past, how ridiculous that the producers did not get his "background check" back from the agency before the wedding

My real guess is that they were down to slim pickings as the marriage days came up and people were dropping out LOL

Funny that the women from season 2 are trying to get back their short lived fame - they thought they would have a show but no go....Monet played it cool and

has a show and has worked with the producers...I think the producers have it "in" for the season 2 women and for Ashley

I think all of them should move along and get on with their real lives...this is a pretty cheap show on cheap networks and it is not going to lead to the sort of fame

that Elizabeth Hasselbeck got from Survivor JMO

• Love 3

perhaps we'll get some better instruments now

We can all only hope so. 

zari is wrong i talked to one of my friends that is casting the show she was close to being on the show but when she found out how much money she was going to be making she opted out the show

Would be great if someone from the show as able to put out that she wasn't doing it because of the money and nothing more. LOL The way she posted came off like she was just wanting to push her store in the end and if you look at her SM she comes off like most in SM..very shallow. Glad she wasn't one going on because I for one wouldn't want to hear her hawking her crap on the show and her store. I am sure its a big factor for wanting to go on it and get 15 mins...among other things. BTW, if you scroll down it shows Davina is following or whatever it is you do on Twitter with this person (sorry not a SM person) and so was David. LOL So now we know with this one it would have been about the money if the price was right....but was anything else she said true or made up for her to get attention? Which either way Davina and the other season 2 girls retweeting that out wasn't the smartest thing on their parts without fact checking.

I "know"  - have met - some people who worked on reality show/s here in south florida - low budget ones LOL, one season ones

they don't give up everything BUT I did glean that the production people can turn on a "character" who holds out and gives them little to work with

Sam is a "gift" to them....but Ashley is poison - extroverts get the love...."normal people" fall by the wayside (Vanessa and Tres) ...drama rules

One thought I did have - unlike most of the cast members on this show Ashley actually has more to lose...yes Jamie was/is a nurse but established and obviously looking for a tv career....Jessica was a pretty unsuccessful wannabe lingerie model/receptionist...Monet works in fashion I think but not the sort of job where a tv show would hurt her.....Courtney had some sort of office job and danced with a burlequse arty troop at night.....Jaque was a Vodka rep - hello...any exposure would help her and she tried to show off her vodka as much as possible....Davina was a "pharm rep"....yawn...a favorite job of all Bach and Bachette cast members.....Vanessa is the oft seen "event planner"........now...Sam and Ashley had more to lose..

did Sam already lose her job - was she kicked upstairs or hidden from public? Ashley had more to lose since she is NOT yet an RN...and I personally think her meltdown started at the bachelorette party - with the male strippers...did production pay for them? I don't blame her - I have actually enjoyed a few girls nights out with the guy dancers haha...but I would not want it shown on tv. The strip club shots - lap dances, crotch in face LOL - have become a reality show favorite

I think she really fell into  lose lose position....didn't like David...producers did not iike her..contract...and so forth

I must say tho...the hatred for a woman who didn't like a guy and put out for him is over the top

Now when they were "working" their old j-o-b I can imagine Snoop Dog or Heidi Fleiss (sis of the Bach producer) getting all mad and pissy if a girl refused to put out for her "date">>> but come on. Then again there have been reality tv shows - I recall one on HBO - about working girls

Yeah - Ashley was stupid to go on the show. BUT they chose her...was it for the drama?  And while she admittedly did not know of his past, how ridiculous that the producers did not get his "background check" back from the agency before the wedding

My real guess is that they were down to slim pickings as the marriage days came up and people were dropping out LOL

Funny that the women from season 2 are trying to get back their short lived fame - they thought they would have a show but no go....Monet played it cool and

has a show and has worked with the producers...I think the producers have it "in" for the season 2 women and for Ashley

I think all of them should move along and get on with their real lives...this is a pretty cheap show on cheap networks and it is not going to lead to the sort of fame

that Elizabeth Hasselbeck got from Survivor JMO

Agree with a lot of what you said. I don't get why the season 2 girls don't move on already. Sorry but get over it because to me they come off in very bad light.

• Love 1

I have no idea what is being said in other forums or SM, but I'm pretty sure I have not read a single post here that hates on Ashley because she didn't give it up for a guy she finds unattractive. We find her despicable because she acted like a mute bitch 99.99% of her time on camera. That's it.

• Love 19

I have no idea what is being said in other forums or SM, but I'm pretty sure I have not read a single post here that hates on Ashley because she didn't give it up for a guy she finds unattractive. We find her despicable because she acted like a mute bitch 99.99% of her time on camera. That's it.

THIS! How many times fires out have to be said that it was simply about effort.

• Love 9

Exactly. The corpse routine was unfortunate when last season's Jaclyn's early weeks showed how to be unattracted yet classy, pleasant and friendly at the same time. The corpse couldn't manage any of it. I imagine that's going to follow her for a while, no matter how much mommy defends her or how much make up she piles on her face.

• Love 11

If she gave David an inch, he'd take a mile.  If she was so mute and unpleasant and he was still "falling in love with her" and "committed to his marriage" and trying to kiss her when she had given him no indication that it was wanted or okay, I'd hate to see what he'd try if she was overly friendly with him.  Sometimes civility is the best route. 

• Love 2

If she gave David an inch, he'd take a mile. If she was so mute and unpleasant and he was still "falling in love with her" and "committed to his marriage" and trying to kiss her when she had given him no indication that it was wanted or okay, I'd hate to see what he'd try if she was overly friendly with him. Sometimes civility is the best route.

Like its been said before in sure he played along for production. I mean if he didn't say that they literally wouldn't have anything to show. She wasn't civil. But no one will change their opinion.

Off topic, How has Sam been on Twitter since the last episode? I'm curious if she is still holding up the facade of her and Neil being close.

• Love 3

i wonder how many of you guys would have a very different opinion of Ashley is you knew she was like this with all men and not just David. we have no proof that this was done just b/c David was ugly to her. this could be her actual way of interacting w/all men in general and could indicate why she's single and having issues. if you're mute you can't really talk to a man easily.

• Love 1

Like its been said before in sure he played along for production. I mean if he didn't say that they literally wouldn't have anything to show. She wasn't civil. But no one will change their opinion.

Off topic, How has Sam been on Twitter since the last episode? I'm curious if she is still holding up the facade of her and Neil being close.

Sam took time off twitter and wrote this yesterday. So this decision happened 6months back, why does she need to gather herself now? #theseladiesaredramaqueens

@Sam_MAF

My amazing Twitter friends, I have been away so I could gather myself and my thoughts. I missed you guys. Thank you for the support and love

• Love 2
(edited)

Not sure where to put this. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I thought this was interesting insight from someone who was selected for the Miami season.

https://twitter.com/ZariBatista/status/706863350374928384 and https://twitter.com/ZariBatista/status/706863771348832256

How the heck did you come across Zari and those tweets? Just doing a search on Twitter for #MAFS doesn't turn up the AVENUE SIX Boutique/Zari Batista tweets. Now I'm wondering what I've been missing over there! LOL. Teach me something new today, please! :)

ETA: I just discovered that Ashley's mom, Mary Harnois, also found Zari's tweet yesterday and tweeted a thank you.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rabnud2/status/706989669867757569

@ZariBatista thank you you are a smart brave woman 3:47 PM - 7 March 2016

WichitaStateShock, Sam has mainly been thanking (individually) anyone who tweets support. She usually (but not always) tags Neil on her "thank-you" tweets.

Sam was starting to give me stalker vibes on SM. Especially when she revealed Neil's private account info. Let's hope she doesn't start showing up at his door on a whim. I really don't believe Neil will agree to give the marriage another try, but I also believe in never say never. God help Neil if he tries again. Jmo.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 1

Yes. And to me, pretty much went on this show under false pretenses - as in, still hung up on someone else, if not actively in a relationship with him. Jamie was just as bad except she was able to fake it for the camera just like she can fake everything else. Terrible thing to do to the men involved, assuming they took the marriage seriously and it looks like they did.

• Love 7

Sam was starting to give me stalker vibes on SM. Especially when she revealed Neil's private account info. Let's hope she doesn't start showing up at his door on a whim. I really don't believe Neil will agree to give the marriage another try, but I also believe in never say never. God help Neil if he tries again. Jmo.

I feel the same about Neil staying with Sam, but those two are going to be under huge pressure from the show to stay together - especially if Tres and Vanessa split, which I think is likely. The show would LOVE to see Sam's redemption (barf) play out to the loving accolades from clueless fans on Facebook, and see the experts proven right yet again! (double barf.) The show desperately needs people to stay together and they'll probably offer Neil & Sam the moon and stars if they'll not get divorced and do MAFS: First Year instead. JMHO.

• Love 3

I was in no way expecting Ashley to have sex with David, and that has nothing to do with why I can't stand her.

I started to see who she is when she would not answer any "getting to know you" questions on their honeymoon. 

D - What is your favorite color?

A - Ummmmmmmmmmmmm....I can't answer that.  Why are you asking me so many personal questions?! 

• Love 13
(edited)

Time will tell if FYI will be re-airing this season at all. But as far as Season 2 goes I have never seen an episode on since the season finished, they'd rather try to make freaking Neph happen than show us any of them in any way. The girls would be much better off moving on since the network is making it easy for them. Okay, Jessica the court stuff is going on and will come up in a Google search. But think about Davina and Jaqu, say they're looking for a job, or even in a new relationship, is has to be easier to explain you did a show a year ago, made a mistake, and that's that, rather than it also showing up too they're currently 'still involved' with their reality show past by sitting on SM about it (does Twitter posts and stuff come up in a Google search? Would a potential employee be able to see it? I know it comes up I'm on FB but everything is private, even though its mostly dedicated to my dog, food, and TV discussions.) Once the 6 months airs tonight, Ashley and rest of this crew would be best to not learn from the previous girls and truly move on, if they are genuine about wanting to do so.

Sam's choice of job perplexes me but maybe rules are different in GA and/or different banks? My brother is in banking (several steps higher up than Branch Manager) and isn't on SM at all, granted a part of that is because he's seen stupid drama come of it but also he's always putting resumes out to move up be it in his bank or to move to another and that sort of thing matters. He's also told me how at least in banks he's worked in image matters, tattoo's have to be covered up, unless you're a woman with ears pierced, all other piercings must come out in the branch etc. Sam is so "I am who I am, I'm real and unPC", and she has tats and a nose ring, I wonder if she does go out of her way to cover that up? She isn't going out of her way to not be vulgar on SM even though she must be drawing the attention of her bosses that she's putting herself out there in such a public way. Maybe Ashley is worried about her image a little too much to the point she tried to put across someone she's not, and I'm all for "better safe than sorry"... but then she loses credibility there having her mom/friends act out on SM so she doesn't have too. But that's an issue of not being strong enough to own your mistakes. Sam's level of comfort being so openly immature and vulgar is awful and kind of not normal. Being distant as Ashley may be isn't a great trait, but, Sam seems like she'll get on anyone's nerves quickly. All of these people need to work on SM rehab ASAP.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 9

Okay so from Neil's interview with The Knot that just came out, I'm like 99% sure him & Sam aren't together and Tres & Vanessa are the couple that makes it. He specifically said to this day, they are "strictly friends." And the way Tres & Vanessa's family interacts on SM right now speaks volumes. Vanessa's sister and Tres's Dad damn near gave the ending away last week

• Love 5

Ugh Sam is back responding to anyone and their dog who tweets at her. She really eats any attention up. I also can't stand her perfunctory responses to everyone "thanks for your opinion; hope you have a good day!" Or "I can understand why you feel that way; have a good week" (insert smiley face and/or thumbs up emojis). She sounds like someone at the customer service desk at a store or like she is responding to an online retail complaint using flippant and scripted responses to settle down a slightly irate customer. It's so insincere. It's just funny to me how she professes to loathe people being fake. She is the biggest faker who ever faked IMHO! It's Funny to me as well how she has referred to "my fans". I think all this experience has done has inflated her already big narcissistic ego!

• Love 9

I do tend to agree with the notion that if Ashley gave David an inch, he'd take a mile. And I also agree that some of his delusional behavior was producer driven to just have something to film. I think I've said before that I'm no fan of David, but Ashley ... ... ... I can't get my head around. Maybe she does treat all men that way (hence looking for InstaSpouse), but you'd think that an intelligent being would, at the very least for posterity, behave CIVILLY to another person ON CAMERA. We never heard her talk about her family or even initiate a single conversation except, of course, the SM date accusation. Maybe bitchiness is a symptom of something much greater in her case. Again, I didn't see the early episodes so maybe I'm missing something obvious.

• Love 3

Okay so from Neil's interview with The Knot that just came out, I'm like 99% sure him & Sam aren't together and Tres & Vanessa are the couple that makes it. He specifically said to this day, they are "strictly friends." And the way Tres & Vanessa's family interacts on SM right now speaks volumes. Vanessa's sister and Tres's Dad damn near gave the ending away last week

I would be ok with what you posted! Although I feel Vanessa and Tres have a lot of growing up to do, I do believe they can make it. 

Neil is surely smart enough to know that Sam is toxic...even 6 months later. 

• Love 3

I feel the same about Neil staying with Sam, but those two are going to be under huge pressure from the show to stay together - especially if Tres and Vanessa split, which I think is likely. The show would LOVE to see Sam's redemption (barf) play out to the loving accolades from clueless fans on Facebook, and see the experts proven right yet again! (double barf.) The show desperately needs people to stay together and they'll probably offer Neil & Sam the moon and stars if they'll not get divorced and do MAFS: First Year instead. JMHO.

Sadly I can see Pepper trying her best to push them back together so they could have a couple together or back together for any reason at all to make it look like the show did it. UGH Yet I would hope after watching the season and I mean really watching it and the underhanded stuff pulled and hands on face that she would call Sam out on her crap and everything being about her...even when she talks. I am not holding out hope on all that happening though. From the one preview I saw Pepper was all smiles and asking why Sam still had the ring on. Sam to me came off all stalker like in that with scene. I hope there is no way in hell that they are not back together at all and if its anything they are just friends or friendly. Even that is a scary spot to be in with a person like her (poor Sammie).

Ugh Sam is back responding to anyone and their dog who tweets at her. She really eats any attention up. I also can't stand her perfunctory responses to everyone "thanks for your opinion; hope you have a good day!" Or "I can understand why you feel that way; have a good week" (insert smiley face and/or thumbs up emojis). She sounds like someone at the customer service desk at a store or like she is responding to an online retail complaint using flippant and scripted responses to settle down a slightly irate customer. It's so insincere. It's just funny to me how she professes to loathe people being fake. She is the biggest faker who ever faked IMHO! It's Funny to me as well how she has referred to "my fans". I think all this experience has done has inflated her already big narcissistic ego!

Agree. All it has done was inflate her ego more and more. She goes away in hopes many will wonder where she is and miss her. The whole "my fans" thing just kills me. LOL 

I have to say that I agree with Gigi43 about these people needing to learn how to either get off SM or handle themselves better. In this day and age with it jobs will look at your SM. I can imagine many will look it over as you work with them to make sure you aren't talking crap about the company or employees or doing something that is inappropriate. I don't want to be a part of SM at all. I honestly hate it myself and thing its a huge reason there are so many issues with people in the world today and their behaviors in things being about them and nothing more. I know that isn't everyone on it but its a BIG part of it. I say to Gigi43 as well that good for your brother knowing how this can effect his career and doing what he knows is best in that line of work and how SM can be with it. Obviously people like Sam should take a cue from that. Calling people a name I won't repeat and acting insane between acting nice is not the way to go in life and it can make a job wonder if she is acting that way to customers or other employees. Then saying on tv that you undid screws on a chair of a fellow employee....yeah that wouldn't go over well I'm sure. And it doesn't help Ashley's cause either with family or friends saying things. Or how she carried herself if she is really trying to be a nurse. People want a caring and kind nurse not someone that comes off cold and piles on makeup like she has been lately. For me, there is no way I would want her being my nurse. I would ask for another one if she came in the room. These are things people should really think about before doing any reality show as well as how they will handle things thrown at them once they are on one. 

BTW, the social media thing and family/friends and how they behave when talking about you...seeing as I don't do SM and have no clue how it can work with this but just had me wondering. If someone does a search for your name are they able to see it in comments on things like Twitter or FB if your name is mentioned or is that not possible unless linked to you directly or your name is on those things from signing up? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think when you do Google searches if you register your full name on SM it can come up, but depending on your privacy settings once it's clicked on what you say on the SM may be blocked to outsiders. I don't Twitter but it seems like if you search hashtags like #MAFS and if the people past and current are trying to reach out to people that watch the show, I'm assuming the accounts aren't private because they're seeking an audience.

SM can be a good thing if you use it right. I'm on FB in two pages because personally it helps me stay in contact with people I wouldn't otherwise (such as friends of my brother etc people I went to school with but wouldn't remain friends with without FB) which is beneficial because I work from home in a job that's mostly making certain kinds of party/gift items (legally!) and so I've gotten a lot of jobs from said people whether its them personally or them recommending me to someone they know after they see me post from a separate FB I have dedicated to my work, that's a business page that isn't private but I link it to private posts on my personal page. I've been trying to branch out into Instagram but then people end up 'tagging' me in pics of me with them out and about and I only want it to be about what I do so I don't use it very much, since I really don't want two Instas. It can be a bit of a project 'managing' how I want to use the SM I do, but, it can be done. In this day and age I don't understand how people still don't understand the damage overdoing SM can do to your life, SM isn't new anymore. There are stories on the news all the time of people getting fired, kids getting in trouble in school, etc, from SM.

I would bet that coworkers and/or bosses of the MAFS people aren't checking out what the internet is saying about them, and what they are doing on the internet. People are nosy and bosses want to protect company image and they're putting themselves out there in a big, known, way.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2

Thanks for all that. I wasn't sure if it worked a certain way or not. I knew that with Twitter a lot that can be hashtag type stuff. As well as if anyone has things set to private or not I figured came into play. I am sure its good for those that use it right as you do and its great for helping with promote home business or any business really. For me its not something I want a part of. I have a former stalker (which I'm sure there are still ways one can find you if they really wanted online) but also I just don't care to be "friends" of any kind with those I use to go to school with many years ago or more. As well as want little to do with my parents and sister...which its creepy enough they are "friends" with people I barely talked to back in school. Its bad enough that if you do a search on my name its out there in Google because I worked a short time in a school and everyone that works for schools is listed in that stuff even if its years old. Which means my husband's is there for all to see too even though he isn't a teacher or admin. Its crazy how that is with just that. I will just never understand why people don't how they are with SM but then again most those people are showing their true self in that form as well so might be a good thing for some companies in the long run. LOL I just know I have always told my kids if they want to use it fine but we will know about it and what is going on. As well as you need to watch what you post on these things. I don't think young people realize it can also hurt their chances with certain colleges too. Its not something put out there a lot but some of these schools are looking and only want certain kids of students. 

Back to MAFS I do wonder if they have anything in the contracts on SM. Obviously they aren't suppose to give the ending away. Which Ashley's camp should have had that memo given to them. But aside from that is there more? Such as how to portray one's self since not all seem to be able to. And the rest of the people that have a hand in making the show should really be reading what is out there. They should know what the viewers are saying because if we decide not to watch they have nothing. 

• Love 1

Paria from FYI just posted a picture with Vanessa and Sam when people started asking why Vanessa didn't have her wedding ring on she quickly deleted the pic. So this season is shaping up just like last season 0/3.

• Love 1

Oh, Ashley is really hard to watch, she blamed everything on others, she never admitted anything she did wrong. She is so overly defensive, like everybody is attacking her, that just makes me want to attack her. What a nasty bitch!! Made me sick!! She deserves die alone!!

• Love 6

Here is the tweet for non SM folks

greg210.jpg

So it is now just Pepper, hopefully with the new experts and new super secretive CIA test they also add in some common sense so I can go back to rooting for the couples and enjoying the show.

It also has not taken long for the season 2 girls to align themselves with Ashley while dissing the other girls, classy as always.

davina10.jpg

jessic10.jpg

• Love 1