Type keyword(s) to search

Thrive Without Janelle: The Accountability Group

• Start Topic

4,619 steps yesterday. Knee is sore again today, think it may have something to do with the very cold temperature. It is 12:15 and only 18°F outside. I don't go out much but I have to to feed my feral cats at least twice a day.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Ok after reading about your -10 degrees I am bundling up and taking my pup out in our sunny and 33 degrees for a walk.  Thanks for being such an inspiration and getting me moving everyday!  

I do most of my walking inside my house and as much as my injured knee permits. It has warmed up to a balmy 5° at 11:45AM. Still too cold for me to go grocery shopping. Tomorrow is supposed to get to 20° that is doable, if my knee is OK.

• Love 7

Several seasons ago, Janelle made a comment to Kody that she couldn't wait for the day when she was looking up at her sons. Kody told her that she may never be able to look up at Gabriel. I was reminded of that conversation when I saw the photo of Janelle with all four of her sons and Savannah, which was taken on Christmas day. Her sons were towering over her. I would bet, that much to Kody's dismay, they are towering over him too.

• Love 10

4,929 steps yesterday. Not going out until Monday. Am feeling better today but don't want to push too hard. It is 8° outside right now may get to 30°. Tomorrow's forecast is 36° so almost bearable. :)

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

4,929 steps yesterday. Not going out until Monday. Am feeling better today but don't want to push too hard. It is 8° outside right now may get to 30°. Tomorrow's forecast is 36° so almost bearable. :)

@Gramto6, You are an inspiration.

For the past 6 months I have ridden my bike for 5-6 miles a day.  I lost a few pounds in the beginning, but the biggest benefit is that it helps my mental health.

Prepandemic I used to go into an office building and interact with a lot of people everyday. Now I only get zoom calls for work and I don't get to socialize as I am high risk and I don't feel comfortable even though I was boostered in October.

I think the daily exercise matters a lot and I check here every day to see how many steps you have taken.

Thanks for the inspiration!

• Love 7

Thanks! Before my last fall and knee injury I got in a lot more steps. I'm hoping to get back there, but know better than to push to do it. I just do what I can and stop when it starts to hurt and rest for a bit. It is taking me a long time to come back from this last fall.

• Love 7

Ugh.  I hate this cold arctic chill.  It's 15° here 🙁

It's time to peddle my stationary bike.  I miss walking outside, but I can't handle this super cold weather.  

Good to hear you're feeling better.  Here's to warmer weather!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

That drives me nuts!

Me too! A couple years ago the larger store in town did a complete remodel. Every time I went things were in a different place. That's when I started shopping more regularly at the smaller store, now they are doing it too!!

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Me too! A couple years ago the larger store in town did a complete remodel. Every time I went things were in a different place. That's when I started shopping more regularly at the smaller store, now they are doing it too!!

I think there is a method to the madness.  When you know what you want, you go directly to those aisles.  When they switch things up, there would be more tendency to impulse buy items that you may not have seen otherwise.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I think there is a method to the madness.  When you know what you want, you go directly to those aisles.  When they switch things up, there would be more tendency to impulse buy items that you may not have seen otherwise.

That’s exactly what it is, and it sucks.

• Love 6
On 1/4/2022 at 1:26 PM, ginger90 said:

That drives me nuts!

Same! As someone with autism and PTSD, when they change a grocery store around I can have a full-on meltdown, especially if I’m already on-edge before I go in (and just want to get my stuff and GTFO). 

• Love 4

Moving from New York to Pennsylvania was interesting. Get in, get out was New York. Let’s chat with every person no matter how many are on line, grocery store, bank, etc.. Welcome to Pennsylvania!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Moving from New York to Pennsylvania was interesting. Get in, get out was New York. Let’s chat with every person no matter how many are on line, grocery store, bank, etc.. Welcome to Pennsylvania!

With ALL the carts parked to block aisles and through ways...

• Love 7

3,731 steps yesterday. Knee was really sore after shovelling snow. It kept buckling so took it very easy as I didn't want another fall. Knee better, but going to take it easy again today.

• Love 7

I was out shoveling snow yesterday, just so we could get our truck out of the driveway.  A kind new neighbor had a gizmo on his lawn tractor that cleared snow, and he graciously offered to help me with that chore.  We're expecting to have more snow next week.  I felt like I got a good workout, though.

I'm not a winter person, that's for sure.  I can see why old people like me move south.

• Love 6

My next door neighbor did come over and plow my drive which was very nice. I don't have to go anywhere until Monday and we have no more snow in the forecast for the next 9 days so most of the snow will be gone. My dirt road will be a mud suck though. I was doing the front deck when I twisted my knee again.

• Love 7

My next door neighbor did come over and plow my drive which was very nice. I don't have to go anywhere until Monday and we have no more snow in the forecast for the next 9 days so most of the snow will be gone. My dirt road will be a mud suck though. I was doing the front deck when I twisted my knee again.

Oh my goodness! I’d like to come and wrap you in bubble wrap. 😔 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

🤣 I wasn’t thinking clumsy, more like protection!

That is sweet of you! Somewhere in the depths of the things I have are some ace bandages, I just wish I could find them. When I go out to shop next week I will go to the pharmacy and buy one if I can't find the ones I have...somewhere...

• Love 4

6,333 steps yesterday. I wasn't even trying to push myself so was surprised at the count. I don't look at the number during the day because sometimes it makes me want to push for more. Right now I am on take it easy mode.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

6,920 steps yesterday. I have to go out today even if I really don't want to. The kitties need food.

I've been ordering online from Chewy since before covid.  Auto ship saves 5%, I think.

You are doing great, Gram.  😊

• Love 6
8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I've been ordering online from Chewy since before covid.  Auto ship saves 5%, I think.

You are doing great, Gram.  😊

I've been ordering kitty food from Amazon, unfortunately their delivery sux. I will look into Chewy. Thanks!

• Love 3