Type keyword(s) to search

At Home: Cory & Taylor’s Baby Special

druzy
  • Start Topic

Cory & Taylor self-shoot their journey to become parents during Taylor's last few weeks of pregnancy, the delivery of their daughter, and bringing an infant home while California is under a shelter in place order due to COVID-19.

Airs June 9, 2020

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chris Knight said:

My DVR says this nonsense is on now. But there's an episode of Catfish on instead. 

Really? You don't think mtv pulled it at the last minute bc of Taylor's historical racist tweets do you? Corey stupidly and accidentally shed light onto them today on twitter...I mean I doubt it because I would guess that they would have put up some sort of PSA about it ,but maybe not....

Edited to add: it's confirmed that the special was pulled in the US but it ran in Canada. 

Edited by Treehugger9
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Apparently it played in Canada. I came here to see what happened. Even though I had no intention of watching it, I read that it was pulled at the last minute for the reasons @Treehugger9 posted. 

There is someone who was fired from The Challenge, too, but they said they are still airing the episodes because the others didn't deserve to have the season shelved. I thought that may have been Taylor but I guess it's someone different, and it looks like this special was pulled because of the old tweets, which everyone already knew about so why wait until now? It seems like there must have been something new and additional.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Christina said:

@Treehugger9 

There is someone who was fired from The Challenge, too, but they said they are still airing the episodes because the others didn't deserve to have the season shelved. I thought that may have been Taylor but I guess it's someone different, and it looks like this special was pulled because of the old tweets, which everyone already knew about so why wait until now? It seems like there must have been something new and additional.

Yes, Dee was fired from The Challenge for some very ignorant, stupid, racist tweets that, when she was called out on them, she defended many times. 

It doesn't seem that mtv has made an official statement about why they pulled the special but after Dee got fired,  Corey posted something along the lines of, wait until you all see what else comes out and who else gets fired...which was incredibly stupid bc it's known that Taylor has very old very racist tweets out there, as does his other baby momma Cheyenne, who is his teen mom meal ticket. Next thing we know, his special is pulled. I'm especially surprised bc my understanding is that Taylor has acknowledged how terrible her tweets were, apologized for them and her cast mates, including Kam (who, in my opinion, doesn't suffer fools) are friends with her and accept her and her explanation/apology. She was also around 16 or so when she posted those tweets (not that being so young makes it ok of course, but I sure am glad social media wasn't a thing when I was young. I would never say anything racist but man was I dumb back then haha)

• Love 7

It was on in Canada last night and I didn't watch it.  Sorry, team!  I barely follow Cheyenne on Teen Mom OG.  There was no way I was going to watch a special about her baby daddy.

• Love 5

So I read on Twitter MTV is ending their relationship with Taylor in light of past racist statements. Then I read something from Taylor saying she is leaving because she wants her daughter off reality tv. Here's where I'm torn. Her tweets weren't a secret and they were brought up and addressed on the show and she apologized. Cheyenne seems to have forgiven her. If it was a problem, she should have been fired then. Why film the special only to yank it at the last minute? Dee's firing from the Challenge made sense because her tweets were from the last week. Also, MTV needs to stop picking and choosing who it stands behind. Amber the abuser who wielded a machete is still on.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

So I read on Twitter MTV is ending their relationship with Taylor in light of past racist statements. Then I read something from Taylor saying she is leaving because she wants her daughter off reality tv. Here's where I'm torn. Her tweets weren't a secret and they were brought up and addressed on the show and she apologized. Cheyenne seems to have forgiven her. If it was a problem, she should have been fired then. Why film the special only to yank it at the last minute? Dee's firing from the Challenge made sense because her tweets were from the last week. Also, MTV needs to stop picking and choosing who it stands behind. Amber the abuser who wielded a machete is still on.

I'm guessing MTV is just treading lightly b/c of the protests, etc. related to the murder of George Floyd. It's a very volatile time in the US re: anything regarding race, so....I'd say it's an overreach not to show the special, but then again, it's embarrassing that I even knew or cared that the special was supposed to air last night, so....

• Love 3

Cory also made some controversial comments last week re: BLM.  I don't have quotes, but he said he was bi-racial,  not black (along with more details).  Cheyenne & others spoke to him,  and he issued an apology on twitter. 

• Love 5

As far as I'm concerned, MTV did us all a favor by pulling this stupid special. Also...I agree that MTV needs to be consistent in firing people. Amber should have been fired for her abusive behavior and arrest...enough. Hopefully, Corey will get fired or just leave. They might have to sell their Jaguar and get a Toyota now that their reality TV careers appear to be finished. 

• Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, MaggieG said:

It's a bunch of inconsistent half measures. It's weird that they wouldn't have figured out a way to handle this when the franchise is based on people making poor decisions. Hello, those people are going to continue to make poor decisions and attract people who also make poor decisions!

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Treehugger9 said:

It doesn't seem that mtv has made an official statement about why they pulled the special but after Dee got fired,  Corey posted something along the lines of, wait until you all see what else comes out and who else gets fired..

I typically enjoy laughing at idiots when stuff like this comes back to bite them on the ass, but I have no idea who this guy is so I can't be bothered to give a damn. I quit watching before Cheyenne was added, got a bit excited when I saw a Being Cory special because I thought it was Corey Simms and hoped he'd run out of patience and decide to dish the dirt on Leah, only to see it was this nobody who thought he was a huge star. I think I made it ten minutes before I realized his name was Cory and it wasn't about Corey Simms. Then got happy when I saw it bombed in the ratings because those ten minutes made me dislike his arrogant ass.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

I have always thought that MTV thinks Cory is their golden boy for some reason. I don't understand why either when he hasn't won shit on The Challenge and sucks at it. I think that's the only reason Cheyenne was added is because they are so in love with Cory. There are a ton more other stories that MTV could have told by adding a real teen mom and not some mom of a MTV Challenge person's kid.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I just saw a bunch of tweets from Maci’s Taylor that we’re just as bad, so hopefully they’re next.

Not a chance. MTV really does plan on making this show into a 20 year soap opera.

I would hope Cheyenne would speak up for Taylor in this circumstance .  Whether the show asks her to come back or not ( which they won’t because they’re hypocrites ), Cheyenne and Taylor already spoke in depth about what Taylor wrote in 2012! Someone mentioned she was 16 At the time that she wrote it ? And they moved past it .. And Taylor is now dating a black man and their kids are sisters . Also , from what I’ve heard from various people , Cheyenne wrote many racist things about white people as well . The fact that that is allowed ... well , the hypocrisy speaks for itself . 

and then there’s MTV keeping amber on the show after abusing 2 guys (that we know of ) , and one that we actually witnessed on tv . Rules only apply to some and it’s sickening . 

• Love 11

So they fire Taylor for old racist tweets that she's already apologized for but hey let's keep glorifying an abuser! Pretty sure Lurch and trash bag Janelle have said racist shit and defended it and they didn't get fired for that. They didn't get fired until very recently. Screw you MTV for acting like you actually give a damn anyways. 

Amber should have been fired long ago 

*I am in no way defending racism but I do believe that people can change and deserve a second chance. If they show that by their actions. 

• Love 7

Honestly, I'm just laughing at them because they're such famewhores and they filmed footage of themselves in hopes of getting it picked up by MTV; then MTV did pick it up (which I'm sure led to them dreaming/hoping it would be wildly successful and result in them getting their own show, future Challenge appearances, whatever); then right before it was going to air, BOOM!, "Fuck you both! Rug yanked!" I'm sure they're crushed.

I don't even particularly hate or dislike them any more than I generally disdain everyone involved with this train wreck, but... I just don't care and I think it's kind of funny. Cory, in particular, seems like such an immense famewhore and I like seeing his famewhoring dreams crushed (after he invested to the level of having a second baby with someone who's now a famewhoring liability). Taylor seems less objectionable, but... I still don't care.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Honestly, I'm just laughing at them because they're such famewhores and they filmed footage of themselves in hopes of getting it picked up by MTV; then MTV did pick it up (which I'm sure led to them dreaming/hoping it would be wildly successful and result in them getting their own show, future Challenge appearances, whatever); then right before it was going to air, BOOM!, "Fuck you both! Rug yanked!" I'm sure they're crushed.

I don't even particularly hate or dislike them any more than I generally disdain everyone involved with this train wreck, but... I just don't care and I think it's kind of funny. Cory, in particular, seems like such an immense famewhore and I like seeing his famewhoring dreams crushed (after he invested to the level of having a second baby with someone who's now a famewhoring liability). Taylor seems less objectionable, but... I still don't care.

I can guarantee with Corys level of fame whore, he’s gonna dump Taylor since she isn’t allowed on mtv any longer . He’ll probably try to get back with Cheyenne just to ensure he keeps a spot on teen mom . 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8