Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Although self harm can be associated with OCD, there are some plenty of adolescents who self harm that don’t have OCD. Self harm is also a sign that an adolescent is trying to deal with loneliness, anger, or a sense of hopelessness. 

Victoria, what is your malfunction?  For someone who didn’t even want to come back to NE, you’re being mighty antagonistic about Adam remaining as CO-CEO.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

Sheesh, Lauren was certainly putting the girls out on display . . . for a lunch over uneaten salads with Nikki?  Or in a professional work setting?  Really?  Guess it's about as appropriate as her usual one-shoulder cave-lady things.

So did Nick borrow a boat-load of Kyle's hair goop & then smear some on Adam's head?

Ah, no subtlety for Vicky, eh?  Can't ya rein in the Adam hate just a tad, hun?  Being so obvi will get ya nowhere, Vicks.

Btw, Audra talking shit about Tucker ultimately reflects terribly on her.  Why, if she's such a "clever" business professional, doesn't she get this?  The side of the convo we heard made her seem petty, unprofessional & untrustworthy.  Ugh, she really is a snake.  Who'd wanna work with her -- other than Tuck?  I can totally see her eventually screwing over Sally somehow, cuz she and Tuck do that to just about anyone/everyone near them.

Tuck has a great smile -- except when he smiles, it squicks me out.  Creepy, creepy, creepy!

• Like 11
  • Love 2

I can't believe I am about to say this...BUT...the Paris storyline is heaps more interesting than the schlock we were served today. So boring.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Yeah, sniff, I really am starting to miss seeing Ashley in a colorful head scarf & cha-cha dress.  Maybe not the terrible  Southern accent so much, but at least it was interesting to look at.  What they offering now?  Lauren's boobs?

Ugh, show, is this a taste of what's to come for months & months?  Vic yelling UGOTTHAT when giving orders to "bring down" JackAbbott?  I'm gettin' sleepy at the thought.

And if show prolongs the Paris storyline . . . then how?  Sorry, but I'm still predicting Dead Martin is really Alive Alan.  And Ashley's "fabulous" joint she's heading to ain't gonna be so faboo.  Cue skeery music . . .

• Like 8
  • Wink 2
  • Love 2

The thing about the split personality storyline is that Eileen Davidson was at the top of her game.  With all the personalities and quirks. Traci was annoying but that was the what the story called for. Martin and twin were fine. Sadly, Tucker seemed to be an afterthought. 

With the business plots ... all the actors seem to be going through the motions. Voices drone; it's like even they are bored. Victor and Jack...see ya wouldn't want to be ya.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 6/10/2024 at 4:06 PM, Sake614 said:

Why the hell were Cole and Michael groveling for Grampire’s forgiveness???? And for such a smart attorney, Michael sure is stupid. How did he not reach the conclusion as soon as Victor told him to renew his friendship with Diane that Victor is going after Jack again?

ihad to laugh at both of them standing in the living room staring at the chair of virility/Victor’s throne, waiting for his royal vampireness to grace them with his appearance. 

Meanwhile back in gay Paree, Ashley is dressed like a nun. Is that yet another alter? And is is just me or was that a Chem test between Traci and Alan? Not sure what I think about them as a potential couple. 

I don’t get it either. Michael and Cole are the ones with power. But I think Michael did know what Victor was up. Is it too much to hope !ichael has some sort of plan to pretend to follow what Victor wants to just get some information on what he wants to do to Jack and use it against Victor later?

On 6/10/2024 at 7:11 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Overall, Ashley had a good upbringing with her siblings Jack and Traci. John Abbott was a doting dad to Ashley and he adoringly called her "my beauty." John was not Ashley's biological father but he never knew. (Ashley did know though.) He absolutely was not a man who would've done something horrific to either of his daughters. If Ashley's childhood trauma turms out to be the result of something John did to her, there will likely be a huge outcry from longtime Y&R fans.

Meanwhile, Ashley's mother Dina cheated on John Abbott because she was bored with being a high society wife. She eventually abandoned her marriage and children, and moved to Paris to be with one of her lovers. I think there's enough empty space in Dina's backstory to include a boyfriend who was secretly assaulting Ashley.

But there's no predicting what kind of garbage JG would come up with.

I was thinking either date rape or some adult she trusted NOT John did something to her, maybe a coach, mom’s boyfriend or a teacher.

On 6/10/2024 at 7:11 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Overall, Ashley had a good upbringing with her siblings Jack and Traci. John Abbott was a doting dad to Ashley and he adoringly called her "my beauty." John was not Ashley's biological father but he never knew. (Ashley did know though.) He absolutely was not a man who would've done something horrific to either of his daughters. If Ashley's childhood trauma turms out to be the result of something John did to her, there will likely be a huge outcry from longtime Y&R fans.

Meanwhile, Ashley's mother Dina cheated on John Abbott because she was bored with being a high society wife. She eventually abandoned her marriage and children, and moved to Paris to be with one of her lovers. I think there's enough empty space in Dina's backstory to include a boyfriend who was secretly assaulting Ashley.

But there's no predicting what kind of garbage JG would come up with.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. 

• Like 5
On 6/10/2024 at 9:58 PM, boes said:

Very well said.

The Jack Abbott/Count Chocula feud reboot is groan-inducing.  The only thing worse is Show trying to convince anyone that Victor is owed the kind of fealty he demands. With the nonsense he's trying to pull with Michael and Cole he should be standing in the cafeteria line with Ashley at that clinic, not dicating their "redemption" from his potty chair in living room at the Ranch .  Michael should join him there if he gives in to him.  Cole seems less inclined to go along and it would be wildly out of character for him to do anything that would harm Kyle or anyone to further Victor's vengeance game.

Who the hell does that old fart think he is, telling Cole he can't see 50ish Victoria or his own daughter?  I'm hoping that Lauren finally puts her foot down with Michael about working for Victor.  Bad enough we've seen her put her own job aside to help Nikki - they were never that close that I remember, anyway.

In any case, I'd rather watch Billy Abbott trimming his nose hair than watch another Victor get's revenge storyline.

Eileen Davidson was really good today, I think.  The way she played the "real"Ashley made the difference between her and the alters very clear.

I generally love Traci but lately, not so much.  Maybe she'll get an actual storyline with Alan, and maybe, just maybe, it'll be rootable and about Traci getting to be a real person again, with real needs instead of everyone's cheerleading mother substitute.  What am I thinking??  The likelihood of such a storyline with JG writing the show is minimal to non-existent.

Another reason I resent Show killing off Colleen.  I think Traci's character would be more well-rounded than what she's been reduced to.

I agree on a lot of your thoughts. I don’t get why they are groveling to Victor and are scared of him. They have more power over him than he has over them. Agreed about Eileen and about Traci.

15 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Well it appears Victors latest plan to reshuffle the deck chairs at NE is going swimmingly well…NOT! even his wife is against him on this. I did have to laugh at Nick’s ‘who me? I know nothing. Nothing to see here, you’re on her own’ look until he finally decided to just agree with mom. Maybe he isn’t that dumb after all? 

but seriously, Victoria, how do you really feel? You’re 50 years old or damn close to it. Isn’t it time to stop acting like a petulant child when it comes to Adam? No one’s asking you to like him. But if your father insists that you all work together, just do it! And that doesn’t mean making Adam’s life a living hell so he’ll leave. Some example she’s setting for her children who she claims ALWAYS come first. 🙄

Glad Michael came at least partially clean to Lauren. He’s gonna need an ally other than Cole.

Nick needs to demand that Adam and Victoria need to sit down and talk and hash it out. They need to realize they are stronger together and they will need each other know after all of Victor’s latest antics. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Dead Martin is really Alive Alan

In my sleep haze, I read that as Dean Martin and wondered how I missed his resurrection and why he’d choose to do it on Y&R 🤣

51 minutes ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

Nick needs to demand that Adam and Victoria need to sit down and talk and hash it out. They need to realize they are stronger together and they will need each other know after all of Victor’s latest antics

Ain’t gonna happen. Victoria is stuck up bitch who will NEVER give in to Adam no matter the reason. If he said ‘it’s a beautiful morning,’ she’d counter with ‘what do you know about beautiful mornings? What are you after? You shouldn’t even be here!’ I really do loathe that woman more every damn day. And then when Nikki came in and sneered at Victor’s plan, I realized Victoria really is her mothers daughter more than her father’s….

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Sake614 said:

but seriously, Victoria, how do you really feel? You’re 50 years old or damn close to it. Isn’t it time to stop acting like a petulant child when it comes to Adam? No one’s asking you to like him. But if your father insists that you all work together, just do it! And that doesn’t mean making Adam’s life a living hell so he’ll leave. Some example she’s setting for her children who she claims ALWAYS come first. 🙄

I haven't been watching lately just checking in here, but is she really back on that bullshit? I thought Claire was supposed to be softening the ice princess up? One of the main explanations as to why the character was necessary and she failed at it? Nice one show. Real nice....

Not that I don't doubt that Victoria will get away with being hypocrite per usual, but I'm curious as to how far the show will go to justify her and Nikki's continued animosity towards Adam now that her boon has been (insta)accepted by pretty much everyone. She got what she wanted and now it's back to regularly scheduled programming. She really is just like her father, and she makes me sick. Quite the achievement given that Nick, and Billy are still on the canvas. 

Also Victor going at Jack again? Not that he's ever had a real reason to torture Jack that I can recall, but the bone Grampire chooses to pick this time is due to his wife's alcoholism? Hey asshole, had you put your wife into rehab immediately after you came back from Oregon instead of letting her run your son's company, Jack wouldn't have been able to make the stupid choice to help Nikki to begin with. I really wish daytime television(this isn’t just a Y&R problem) still had enough dignity and sense to have shitty, evil characters lose with lasting consequences. Victor Newman maybe an iconic daytime character but he is not a long suffering hero. He's a villain period. And if they aren't going to retire his character, then they could at least have the narrative and characters treat him like the piece of shit he clearly wants to act like. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Skarzero said:

he is not a long suffering hero. He's a villain period. And if they aren't going to retire his character, then they could at least have the narrative and characters treat him like the piece of shit he clearly wants to act like. 

But but but but he loves him family!  Uh huh.  Loves his family.  Loves them so much that he abuses them pretty much all the time, at least while he's awake and his AARP adjacent children accept it and praise him and always, ALWAYS say, "But he loves his family".

3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

And then when Nikki came in and sneered at Victor’s plan, I realized Victoria really is her mothers daughter more than her father’s….

Such a lovely bunch, aren't they?  And, they're the premier family of Genoa City.  The Abbotts aren't even on equal footing, since they don't reproduce at the rate of third rate rabbits the way the Newmans do, and their main purpose in existing is to supply the Newmans with body parts when they need one.

Show keeps showcasing these people and celebrating their worst traits and at the same time, expect us to root for them.

Ain't gonna happen, to quote Count Chocula.

Edited by boes
  • Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

In my sleep haze, I read that as Dean Martin and wondered how I missed his resurrection and why he’d choose to do it on Y&R 🤣

Ain’t gonna happen. Victoria is stuck up bitch who will NEVER give in to Adam no matter the reason. If he said ‘it’s a beautiful morning,’ she’d counter with ‘what do you know about beautiful mornings? What are you after? You shouldn’t even be here!’ I really do loathe that woman more every damn day. And then when Nikki came in and sneered at Victor’s plan, I realized Victoria really is her mothers daughter more than her father’s….

It’s probably wishful thinking that Victoria could see another way, but here’s hoping . I’m guessing the writers either we like to see the drama when Adam, Victoria and Nikki fight or they think they are too happy it would be boring. My guess is that they don’t know how to find the happy medium between the two, which I think is possible.

It seems Nick got the good qualities of both his parents, with one of two bad ones thrown in. Adam got the good qualities of his mom but the bad qualities of Victor and Victoria got all the bad qualities from both parents. 

I just think Victoria and Nikki are threatened by Adam. Victoria is worried Adam will show her up and she’ll no longer be the golden child , so she has to put him in his place so that doesn’t happen. Nikki is worried if Victor gives Adam her position at NM , which was just TEMPORARY, she’ll never get it back. That’s rightly so , because it was never hers to begin with. It was always Adam’s. And Nikki feels Adam will knock her children out of their top spaces at NE and their role as the favorite children of Victor. 

One thing I appreciate from Nick is that he doesn’t have the same insecurities (for the most part) that Victoria and Adam have  about their roles in NE and the family. He’s a whole lot happier because of it .

1 hour ago, Skarzero said:

I haven't been watching lately just checking in here, but is she really back on that bullshit? I thought Claire was supposed to be softening the ice princess up? One of the main explanations as to why the character was necessary and she failed at it? Nice one show. Real nice....

Not that I don't doubt that Victoria will get away with being hypocrite per usual, but I'm curious as to how far the show will go to justify her and Nikki's continued animosity towards Adam now that her boon has been (insta)accepted by pretty much everyone. She got what she wanted and now it's back to regularly scheduled programming. She really is just like her father, and she makes me sick. Quite the achievement given that Nick, and Billy are still on the canvas. 

Also Victor going at Jack again? Not that he's ever had a real reason to torture Jack that I can recall, but the bone Grampire chooses to pick this time is due to his wife's alcoholism? Hey asshole, had you put your wife into rehab immediately after you came back from Oregon instead of letting her run your son's company, Jack wouldn't have been able to make the stupid choice to help Nikki to begin with. I really wish daytime television(this isn’t just a Y&R problem) still had enough dignity and sense to have shitty, evil characters lose with lasting consequences. Victor Newman maybe an iconic daytime character but he is not a long suffering hero. He's a villain period. And if they aren't going to retire his character, then they could at least have the narrative and characters treat him like the piece of shit he clearly wants to act like. 

No one ever calls Victoria (and  Nick in the past )on their behavior and both parents encourage it. No wonder why she hasn’t changed. I just thought if she could really get to know Adam like Nick did, maybe just maybe she could change her mind. But I don’t know if that could happen . 

23 minutes ago, boes said:

But but but but he loves him family!  Uh huh.  Loves his family.  Loves them so much that he abuses them pretty much all the time, at least while he's awake and his AARP adjacent children accept it and praise him and always, ALWAYS say, "But he loves his family".

Such a lovely bunch, aren't they?  And, they're the premier family of Genoa City.  The Abbotts aren't even on equal footing, since they don't reproduce at the rate of third rate rabbits the way the Newmans do, and their main purpose in existing is to supply the Newmans with body parts when they need one.

Show keeps exhibiting these people and celebrating their worst traits and at the same time, expect us to root for them.

Ain't gonna happen, to quote Count Chocula.

100% re: Victor and the Newmans. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

you ask your baby mama to go on a date and she looks at you like she just swallowed her tongue.

When he said just the two of them I was half expecting her to say "I don't think I can get a sitter on such short notice." 

1 hour ago, Skarzero said:

had you put your wife into rehab immediately after you came back from Oregon instead of letting her run your son's company, Jack wouldn't have been able to make the stupid choice to help Nikki to begin with.

Don't forget the bar set with the family size bottle of Wodka and his sippin' Tequila.  Plus, saying how much you love your baby and how she is strong and will fight this thing is not a cure nor does it make up for ignoring her,  although I would have loved to see Viktor attend a 'meeting' with her.

I'm still in a quandry about why Cole and Michael are so concerned about staying in Grampire's good graces.  I mean, that's the only leverage the old goat has?  He hasn't threatened them with loss of body parts or bankruptcy? WTF?  And Cole and Michael are actually discussing it!  Instead of having a good laugh, tossing back a coupla scotches and going on with their own life, sans Viktor's vitriol.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

And if show prolongs the Paris storyline . . . then how?  Sorry, but I'm still predicting Dead Martin is really Alive Alan.

I thought that might be a storyline to drive Ashley crazy.

btw--hasn't Abby checked in with her mother?  does she even know she's out of the country I'm' an epi behind so maybe that's been addressed}

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

I read somewhere that Eric B has recently criticized the writing.  So maybe by having him now calling ALL the shots with his family is the writer's way of making up for any disrespect? Victor needs bitch-slapped by both Michael and Cole.  With a "snap out of it" for good measure.

3 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I thought that might be a storyline to drive Ashley crazy.

btw--hasn't Abby checked in with her mother?  does she even know she's out of the country I'm' an epi behind so maybe that's been addressed}

Abby is a rarely seen or spoken of character these days.  She joins 2/3 of the rest of the cast. 

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

so Victor wants Adam at NM to destroy Jack. Never mind that Jack and Adam have been friends for years or that Jack was more like a father to Adam than Victor could ever dream of being. And what happens when this mission is accomplished? Will Adam still be victors ‘ally’ or will he once again be thrown out with yesterday’s trash? I guess it’s too much to hope that when he learns the target, Adam says ‘count me out.’

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I read somewhere that Eric B has recently criticized the writing.  So maybe by having him now calling ALL the shots with his family is the writer's way of making up for any disrespect? Victor needs bitch-slapped by both Michael and Cole.  With a "snap out of it" for good measure.

Abby is a rarely seen or spoken of character these days.  She joins 2/3 of the rest of the cast. 

Thanks for sharing, at least someone is addressing the writers.

16 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

so Victor wants Adam at NM to destroy Jack. Never mind that Jack and Adam have been friends for years or that Jack was more like a father to Adam than Victor could ever dream of being. And what happens when this mission is accomplished? Will Adam still be victors ‘ally’ or will he once again be thrown out with yesterday’s trash? I guess it’s too much to hope that when he learns the target, Adam says ‘count me out.’

I hope Adam says no . Knowing these writers he’ll probably say yes perpetuating the hate Adam narrative and storylines . If he goes through with this he’d probably be Victor’s only ally as everyone including Nick and Jack hate him. He might not even have his job after that. I’d love to see the three Newman Siblings work together for once against their father. But for these writers it’s probably too much to ask because they think we love tortured Adam. Ugh!!

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

I'm so productive lately with these idiot storylines due to the fact that I'm FFing through 95% of the boring Newman Family scenes. I'm actually folding laundry after it comes out of the dryer this week! The Newman Family scenes are only slightly more boring than the Mamie-Jill-Beely-Derwin-[literally blanking on the other characters' names, wow] "business takeover" scenes.

I'm not sure how many times we can have the same Grampire/Banana Breath/Olive Oyl/Adam rehash, but apparently there are no summer blockbuster storylines going to happen so we're stuck with this crap. Also, I was really excited about the Claire character becoming more permanent, but they've just demoted her to The Bouffant's love interest. 🙄 OK, off to fold more clothes.

I’d still rather see the Newman storyline than the CW storyline . I actually enjoy Nick and Adam get along but I hope these writers don’t destroy it . The CW storyline frustrates me to no end and actually makes me like Billy and it’s too mind blowing for me to deal with. 

2 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

This Dummer. I'm afraid Daisy Duck was a better Stuporgirl. Sally ran her own fashion house in LA and has so much more experience than Chelsea. Why is she so demoted here? I couldn't take my eyes off of Nikki's dress. I think it was because it was a print and she usually wears solids. This current Harrison is quite a pip. But he can't save this story line. I don't care what happens to any of these fools. 

At least Summer was actually nice today. Harrison is a cutie though and a good little actor. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Hey now! Maybe Cole and Victoria will retire to a room upstairs in the GCAC after their dinner date. <snicker >

Goody two-shoes Claire. So is it typically a nanny's job to be teaching stuff to their young charges, without the parents' prior approval of the curriculum?

Guess Summer got confused and thought it was autumn already. That was a lot of fabric she had on today given how warm it must be even in WI. I didn't care for the color but I liked the style.

Interesting how much propping Sally is getting now. Audra and Chloe are her besties and even Summer is being sorta nice to her.

Coffee almond fudge. Well, at least Claire has excellent taste in ice cream. Yum.

Cole smoothly schmoozed Kyle, just like Victor ordered him to. Hmm. I don't think this is the way you want to go, Cole.

Claire seemed lowkey thrilled at how her daddy wants to size up her boss and prospective boyfriend Kyle over some beers. I was surprised how chill Kyle was about it given that he's a grown-up and not some pimply-faced middle school kid.

Has Harrison been replaced by a droid? To me he behaved today like he'd been programmed by AI using "Perfect Kid" criteria. Tara better come get her son before he's turned into a Stepford child, lol.

Yo. Harrison. Summer still isn't your mommy. Hush.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Why wouldn’t Summer❄️x5 be impressed with Sally’s work. Sally is a 1,000% better designer than Chelsea.  In addition, Sally doesn’t always have an excellent fashion sense when it comes to the way she dresses but it’s still better than Summer❄️X5 fashion sense.  

Why would Victoria and Nikki think her would never leave?  Adam has left before.  Now we know why Victor wants Adam to lead NM.  Nikki or Victoria will not go along with Victor’s plan to destroy Jack. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

I read somewhere that Eric B has recently criticized the writing. 

Whatever, EB. Someone should inform him of all the complaints about the show now being less about "the young and the restless" and more about "the old and the fossilized."

3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

ICAM. It seems like Victor wants Adam to choose between him and Jack. At the very least, I hope Adam gives Jack a heads-up on what Victor's planning.

Is this really what EB wants to be reduced to as Victor, rehashing old beefs probably most viewers are tired of? Instead, maybe Victor should work on remembering his wife's name.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Hey now! Maybe Cole and Victoria will retire to a room upstairs in the GCAC after their dinner date. <snicker >

As long as we don't have to see it!  BTW, Joi, did you change your profile pic recently?  I love big cats and don't think you've always had that one.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Is this really what EB wants to be reduced to as Victor, rehashing old beefs probably most viewers are tired of?

You clearly aren’t reading Twitter. They’re blowing major smoke up his ass every day. Go Victor! Eric Braeden is the best! Victor knows what’s best for his family! 

wash, rinse, repeat. 

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 2
1 hour ago, Kimboweena said:

As long as we don't have to see it!  BTW, Joi, did you change your profile pic recently?  I love big cats and don't think you've always had that one.

Yes, I change it once or twice a year.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
On 6/9/2024 at 12:12 PM, Waldo13 said:

MTS should have won the Daytime Emmy for best actress over MS. 

Well, she did get a lifetime achievement award, so she didn't completely go home empty handed.

• Like 5
On 6/11/2024 at 11:18 AM, pvandal said:

It’s not like they were having an affair

An affair?!?!: Nikki is a sexagenarian, Jack is a septuagenarian and Victor is an octogenarian - get the picture?

4 hours ago, boes said:

and who didn't love him brushing off his former step-mother so he could hug Claire.

His future stepmother.

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Go Victor! Eric Braeden is the best! Victor knows what’s best for his family! 

Hhhhmmmm, why do I think EB's PR team has something to do with that?

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
6 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Hhhhmmmm, why do I think EB's PR team has something to do with that?

I dunno. There are an awful lot of people who seem to genuinely like him and his character. Possibly it’s the memory of him as young and virile that leaves them nostalgic, but man, when I asked him about Victor calling Nikki ‘baby’ 50,000 times in one scene, I got an earful from not only him but ALL his fans as well lol!

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

This is front and center on CBS.com's Y&R page:

spacer.png

It would appear TPTB running Y&R are leaning into having a septuagenarian and two sexagenarians (😉) as the symbols of their primary daytime soap.

Not that there's anything wrong with actors' ages, but nostalgia can only go so far. Father Time remains undefeated and he will come for the portion of the audience who still see Jack, Victor, and Nikki as they were 30 years ago. Oops, there go the ratings!

Then what? IMO the show hasn't established much of a back bench of characters to step up into the top banana roles. I mean, Billy? Victoria, Adam, and Nick? Sharon and Phyllis? Meh. AFAIC most of them are already tired.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Guess Summer got confused and thought it was autumn already. That was a lot of fabric she had on today given how warm it must be even in WI.

Same for Victoria who has been sporting a sweater all week and Viktor who has a zip-up sweater on. (I thought he had donned priest-wear because of the way the zipper pull hung in front.)

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Possibly it’s the memory of him as young and virile

I just threw up in my mouth, excuse me. He has always sleeved me out. Something about his attitude.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Goody two-shoes Claire. So is it typically a nanny's job to be teaching stuff to their young charges, without the parents' prior approval of the curriculum?

Guess Summer got confused and thought it was autumn already. That was a lot of fabric she had on today given how warm it must be even in WI. I didn't care for the color but I liked the style.

Interesting how much propping Sally is getting now. Audra and Chloe are her besties and even Summer is being sorta nice to her.

Coffee almond fudge. Well, at least Claire has excellent taste in ice cream. Yum.

Cole smoothly schmoozed Kyle, just like Victor ordered him to. Hmm. I don't think this is the way you want to go, Cole.

Claire seemed lowkey thrilled at how her daddy wants to size up her boss and prospective boyfriend Kyle over some beers. I was surprised how chill Kyle was about it given that he's a grown-up and not some pimply-faced middle school kid.

Has Harrison been replaced by a droid? To me he behaved today like he'd been programmed by AI using "Perfect Kid" criteria. Tara better come get her son before he's turned into a Stepford child, lol.

Yo. Harrison. Summer still isn't your mommy. Hush.

I’m happy Sally is being propped up . She deserves it .

17 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Why wouldn’t Summer❄️x5 be impressed with Sally’s work. Sally is a 1,000% better designer than Chelsea.  In addition, Sally doesn’t always have an excellent fashion sense when it comes to the way she dresses but it’s still better than Summer❄️X5 fashion sense.  

Why would Victoria and Nikki think her would never leave?  Adam has left before.  Now we know why Victor wants Adam to lead NM.  Nikki or Victoria will not go along with Victor’s plan to destroy Jack. 

I don’t think Adam would go against Jack . I hope that’s the case. TIICs (the idiots in charge), can I say that here? I can’t in the FB group I post in, so that’s why I’m here probably think we want to see that kind of drama with Adam going back to the dark side. Heck no! I may not watch it anymore. 

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Sake614 said:

You clearly aren’t reading Twitter. They’re blowing major smoke up his ass every day. Go Victor! Eric Braeden is the best! Victor knows what’s best for his family! 

wash, rinse, repeat. 

I love EB as an actor and he seems great in real life but they need to stop with the Grampire stuff, (I love when you guys call him that and Count Chocula). It’s getting old and tired, pun intended!!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Ya gave me a giggle with this . . . at first.  But ya know, Dino was one of those characters who seemed like a light-hearted nice guy, but was he?  Eh, not so much.  Apparently, he cheated on his wives endlessly & generally treated women like sex objects or was cruelly dismissive.  Sound familiar?  Hello, Vic -- blech, blech & blech!

Ah, so as Sally was begging Dummer for a gig for stinker Chloe, it made me wonder, can anyone think of a worse possible employee to consider hiring?  Other than Audra, of course -- cuz she's already demonstrated that she'll screw anyone over in a sec without a moment's hesitation.

So let's see, Chloe -- you're constantly argumentative, disrespectful, and totally self-directed & self-absorbed.  Sure, the perfect candidate to hire, right?  Hardly.  But she's a perfect fit to be a friend of Sally's.  Yup, that Sally seems to take up with ALL the rejects that everyone else in GC won't have anything to do with.  Chloe?  Adam?  Audra?  Yep, yep & double yep!

I've said before Nick is the type who thinks he's a nice guy, but is he?  No way -- in his personal life.  And we know doormat Sharon can vouch for that.  BUT in business?  He does try to do the right thing.  And that's why Vic knew he couldn't ask him to do anything that would smear Jack.  Sure, he likes Jack, but regardless of that, it's just not something Nick would do.  Adam, OTOH is always trying to prove himself to Vic, so he might.

There might be hope for Nick on the relationship front but yes he has good business ethics and would never do that. I hope the writers keep up with the Adam wanting to change narrative and he turns Victor down. 

It’s no surprise even Summer doesn’t like Chloe which makes sense because she saw how Chloe treated her so called best friend Chelsea when they all worked together with Summer. Chloe contributed in part to Chelsea’s breakdown last year. That’s bad energy for sure. And she’s selfish and never been a good friend to either Chelsea or Sally. I wouldn’t hire her either. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Claire and Kyle have no chemistry and are both extra creepy together. I am so rooting for this couple.

There really are no couples to root for here. I don't care about any of them. I don't even care enough to be against any couple or anyone. I was hoping to get something out of Tucker and Audra, but I couldn't muster up a care one way of the other. Too bad. I do agree that Mop and Cole need a get to know you date. Last time he was here he was with the real Victoria. Now he's opposite Cruella DeVille's bitter twin. That's gotta be hard on the actor. His speech pattern and way of speaking is so old school Y&R. What a nice reminiscence. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

This is front and center on CBS.com's Y&R page:

spacer.png

It would appear TPTB running Y&R are leaning into having a septuagenarian and two sexagenarians (😉) as the symbols of their primary daytime soap.

Not that there's anything wrong with actors' ages, but nostalgia can only go so far. Father Time remains undefeated and he will come for the portion of the audience who still see Jack, Victor, and Nikki as they were 30 years ago. Oops, there go the ratings!

Then what? IMO the show hasn't established much of a back bench of characters to step up into the top banana roles. I mean, Billy? Victoria, Adam, and Nick? Sharon and Phyllis? Meh. AFAIC most of them are already tired.

But this show’s title is The Young & The Restless. These three aren’t anymore. Actually no one is. There are no teen/young adult stories anymore. Excluding the one regular child on the show, Harrison, the youngest person on here is I guess Claire who no matter how they want her portray is at least 30. And the scenes between her, Cole and Victoria creep me out for some reason. They are so fake cheery.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 6/12/2024 at 11:14 AM, realitytvfan1017 said:

One thing I appreciate from Nick is that he doesn’t have the same insecurities (for the most part) that Victoria and Adam have  about their roles in NE and the family. He’s a whole lot happier because of it .

Nick has seemed to have mellowed recently, and I like his interaction with Adam.  

APB for Lauren Fenimore-- Girl, lose chartreuse.  The color on you was horrendous.  And for heaven sake, minis at your age? yesh.

And for heaven sake, get a style that is worthy of the owner of a fashion house. Get a wardrobe consultant who has their eyes open when choosing the schemata's. You are a beautiful woman, but fire the producer who choses your clothes with their eyes shut.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
On 6/11/2024 at 11:57 AM, MollyB said:

nd...in a time (it's the 21st century, ya know) when everyone has a cell phone with a camera, why, oh, why didn't Cole or Michael or both take pictures of the dungeon, Jordan and/or record her and the wall building?  At least Michael should know enough about leverage to do that

Well---I have my cell [hone on my nightstand. It's been there since I had the flu at Christmas, I don't know how to work it or even take a picture.......

I'm disabled and can't go out alone, so it's usually with Mr. Cookie who always carries his phone. {I also bought an expensive designer bag right before I got sick and can' carry that either.  I think it's been out of the house twice.

Sorry to digress............

• Hugs 11
  • Love 1

A Brief Recap - Bedhead and Bouffants

Victoria and Cole go on a date. Claire makes them promise not to talk about her. They spend most of the evening thinking they’re cute as hell by talking about NOT talking about Claire.

Summer unveils her greatest superpower - transforming a stone fox into an unappealing drip I no longer want to see buck ass naked. She worries Harrison will forget her like he’s forgotten his bio-mom. Summer is too dense to realize she’s too fucking annoying to forget.

Claire is chilling at home with a book until Kyle drops by to return her wallet. Harrison “found” it while playing Robbers & Robbers (there are no cops in GC). Kyle is peacocking hard with his fuckboi smirk and mile high hair. Claire shares a charming anecdote about how her Aunt Jordan forced her to analyze real life crimes. Mariah drops by to bond over terrible childhoods. 

Tucker has a severe case of bedhead and has reverted to mopey emo dipshit status. He gives Audra a quick summary of the Ashley crisis and tries to woo her by giving her Glissade. Audra tells him to eat shit and die.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Hey, it's Chance, just returned from lending some heat to the surface of the sun. <swoon>

Victoria had to have been kidding with her date outfit. Good thing Audra was out of town. I bet she'd have been pointing and laughing at Vikki's audacity to step on Audra's white bodycon dress style.

Meanwhile, dang if Tucker wasn't working his t-shirt and sweat pants, hard. Whew chile.

Wait, Summer was not suggesting changing her custody agreement with Kyle to keep Claire from spending so much time with Harrison, was she? Yikes, DEFCON 4!

Claire was acting like giddy little kid today. Except for the part where kids usually don't have the number to restaurant/bars in their cells. Seriously, she has to be able to call Society at any moment?

WHAT?!!??? TARA IS STILL IN PRISON!!!!???? What the actual fcuk, JG? She was charged with a relatively minor white collar crime. There's no reason for her still to be locked up. And you can miss me with the nonsense about Harrison not remembering her. Are you insane!!!??? Summer will never be Harrison's mother as long as Tara is alive and hasn't ceded her parental rights. FOH with that crap.

Oh sure, Claire. You "accidentally" left your wallet at Kyle's place. Women have been pulling that trick since the days when people lived in caves and rode on dinosaurs.

Both Kyle and Mariah showed up at the Tack House unannounced and uninvited. Rude much? But wow, Claire is quite the popular lady. She has new friends practically tripping over each other to spend time with her.

Gimme a break, Vikki. When have you ever had a relationship that ended well? Not since Neil, I'd wager. But you were way different back then, ha ha. Way.

Not sure how I feel about Claire getting the Mariah Copeland Seal of Approval.

Sigh, Tucker. What's it going to take for you to give up on Audra? No matter what nice things you do for her, she'll throw them back in your face. My guy, you need to want better for yourself.

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 6

Why do we have to hear about Summer❄️x5 and her trials and tribulations over being Harrison’s mommy. How many times do we have to hear about Summer❄️X5 and some kind of custody boundaries for Harrison. Summer❄️x5 you do not have a legal leg to stand on. Even when you were married to Kyle, you have no legal rights to Harrison unless you adopted him. Please bring back Tara and bring more misery to this dolt snowflake.  Hasn’t Tara been in jail long enough?  3 year for a a first offender in a white color crime?  Besides, taking money from a private company you own, is not embezzlement.  Billy got away with taking $500,000 from Jabot. 

One kiss from Chance and it’s like Harrison who?  I guess most woman wouldn’t blame her  

It’s nice to see two Daytime Emmy Winners, Mariah and Claire/Eve, bonding over their traumatic childhoods.  In addition to Mariah’s love for her friend Kyle and her distrust of Summer❄️X5.  I’m a little surprised that Claire/Eve poured herself a margarita.  I hope that Mariah only had a few sips so she could drive to Society.  Oh by the way, unknowingly, Mariah was a “cock blocker”. 

Did I hear correctly?  Audra has an anonymous investor to buy out the company from Tucker?  Who did Audra sleep with now?  Audra could have got the company for free but I guess it was worth millions of dollars to stick it to Tucker. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

A Brief Recap - Bedhead and Bouffants

Summer unveils her greatest superpower - transforming a stone fox into an unappealing drip I no longer want to see buck ass naked.

Kyle is peacocking hard with his fuckboi smirk and mile high hair.

Audra tells him to eat shit and die.

^This^

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Hey, it's Chance, just returned from lending some heat to the surface of the sun. <swoon>

Oh sure, Claire. You "accidentally" left your wallet at Kyle's place. Women have been pulling that trick since the days when people lived in caves and rode on dinosaurs.

Sigh, Tucker. What's it going to take for you to give up on Audra? No matter what nice things you do for her, she'll throw them back in your face. My guy, you need to want better for yourself.

And ^This^ make watching this dreck worthwhile. Thank you friends, for bringing it every damn day with the shit show we've been dealt. You all are doing the lord's work! xo

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Today I got my favorite Tucker moment ever. Here he is with bedhead and when he scratches the top of his head the toupe takes a little sideways jump. I like to tell myself that he did it on purpose. I love that guy. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 5
12 hours ago, Sake614 said:

but man, when I asked him about Victor calling Nikki ‘baby’ 50,000 times in one scene, I got an earful from not only him but ALL his fans as well lol!

. . . and you were very brave to do that, Sake614.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, bayviewbubba said:

when he scratches the top of his head the toupe takes a little sideways jump.

Are you sure that T StJ wears a toupee, because his hair looked like he'd switched hair stylists to a 5-year-old who uses those pretend scissors that kids have to use, and I can only imagine a toupee looking like that because someone with a dull pair of scissors restyled it - come to think of it, all the men on today's show had hair that looked a little rough and ragged, but Tucker's stood out like a sore thumb, like there had been some kind of major snafu in the show's hair styling department

• Like 3

I think he wears one. Sometimes they don't blend it in well. 

Why does the show insist on treating Claire like she is an 8 year old wanting her parents to get back together? It is weird. Particularly because she does not know them that well. Stop infantilizing her. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
On 6/12/2024 at 8:55 AM, boes said:

Amelia Heinle is 51 and Joshua Morrow is 50 - both have probably received invitations to join AARP already!

1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Why does the show insist on treating Claire like she is an 8 year old wanting her parents to get back together? It is weird. Particularly because she does not know them that well. Stop infantilizing her. 

If she really went to Wharton School of Business, why would she want to play nanny?

• Like 9
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Denize said:

If she really went to Wharton School of Business, why would she want to play nanny?

Because she's living out her wittle  gool dweams wif her mommy and daddy. 

Excise me whilst I go hurl *blerg*

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Denize said:

If a grown ass woman was fixated on my kid like that, I would see that as a red flag. 

Soaps almost never do kids right. Little Cassie was done well, I thought, and who could forget Abby's "I own Jabot?!" But Harrison has been a bust since he came on the scene. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Instead of blowing smoke up Summers ass about Harrison, Chance should point out that she is nothing to him now that she’s not married to Kyle.  Just like he’s a visitor Dominic’s life.  The girl needs a dose of reality. 
If they are going to shove Claire down our throat as the nanny, they need to add something sinister to the mix. Even if it’s just seducing Kyle or maybe stealing. 
Must Mariah be such an asshole all the time? Gossiping about Summer again. Grow up already!

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1