Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Perhaps Trevor's coming character will be the new D.A. or Police Chief, and he will unearth the big, sloppy cover-up of the big sloppy cover-up.

Nope. He’s one of Adam’s guys and stole Kevin’s laptop. Which conveniently will not be passcode protected, even though it contains official GCPD business. 🙄

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

They always do the first quoted stuff so that they can prop up Nick for the second quoted. Anytime Adam gains too much ground they have to yank him back so that Nick can shine as the "hero". And as I think they're trying to keep Nick in the young hero slot (finally shed of Phyllis and nope, not going to put him back with Sharon again) here's Sally. 

So clearly have to make Adam the bad guy in the Sally/Adam situation and free her up to be available for Nick.

Puke, puke, puke.

Well, for the 3rd, and last time I have to say that if Nick is going to be promoted by the show as anyone's love interest, they better get that situation with his bottom front teeth sorted out first with better veneers that he always wears. If not, yuck. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, TVForever said:

I'm so disappointed. Just when I was loving Adam's new groove and the great couple that he and Sally made ( those two had real supercouple potential), Show decided to pull the rug out from under me! I thought that Adam dropping Sally was just a ploy, but it has become increasingly clear that not only was that all real, they're also turning Adam back into an a**hole. What a waste of good story and character development.

Yeah, I was convinced the break-up was temporary, that Adam and Sally would have hate-sex and eventually reunite.  But they seem to be blowing up that bridge and not looking back.  I don't get it at all.  So now Sally will be the third woman that Nick and Adam have in common.  Yay.   I'm hoping to be wrong.

Just what I wanted to do today, sit in on somebody else's Zoom call.  Judging from Nikki's outfit, I guess Victoria is planning to acquire Baskin-Robbins and the Good & Plenty Candy Factory.

Maybe there's something in Rey's unsolved case files related to Victor's whole Marco conspiracy.  It's really bothered me that Victor had exactly zero consequences for that.  Well, the family (except Summer, who wasn't bothered by it at all) shunned him for about 72 hours, which he treated like a vacation.

Billy is a six-foot tall bucket of something, but I wouldn't call it charm.  Unless charm is something you shovel out of stables.

So Adam's friend is the new guy?  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Nope. He’s one of Adam’s guys and stole Kevin’s laptop. Which conveniently will not be passcode protected, even though it contains official GCPD business. 🙄

I bet Kevin's password is AdamkilledDelia and Chloe's is HesureashellDID!.  

• LOL 19
  • Love 1

What the hell is going on with Kevin's teef? They look all jankity and weird, like he has methhead teef. They look bluish, greenish, grayish, weirdish. Am I the only one seeing this? Does he maybe have clear braces on or something? It's hellishly distracting to me, as is his new haircut, which is highly unbecoming to him. You'd think being married to a fashion maven such as Chloe, she'd give her 'munk some fashion and teef advice...😒

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 9

So now Sally will be the third woman that Nick and Adam have in common.  Yay.

Poor Sally will be the fourth, if/when Nick seals the deal. Sharon, Chelsea, and Sage all got with both Adam and Nick.

So Adam's friend is the new guy?   

The guy who stole Kevin's laptop yesterday is not Trevor St. John, formerly of OLTL. Playing Adam's henchman is an actor named Aaron Schwartz, and he's only supposed to appear for a couple of episodes. It's still a big mystery when TSJ is showing up and what character he'll play.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Is there any current storyline or character that is not terrible or boring? I know this is not a popular opinion … but I cannot stand Kevin. The hypocrisy of him calling out Adam (or anyone, really) on their behavior is ridiculous. I hate to see him slither onscreen; but right now I feel the same about Victor.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Is there any current storyline or character that is not terrible or boring? I know this is not a popular opinion … but I cannot stand Kevin. The hypocrisy of him calling out Adam (or anyone, really) on their behavior is ridiculous. I hate to see him slither onscreen; but right now I feel the same about Victor.

I feel the same about Kevin.  He tried to burn Colleen to death and that's far from all.  Neither he nor Michael should give anyone shade.

As to storylines, I'm on board with anything Sally, and right now anyway, Diane.  The Abbotts generally are enjoyable for me, the Newmans are not.

And then there's ButtBiscuit......😠

• Like 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

To answer your first question: NO, there is not one thing about Show right now that that isn't terrible or boring. Even Sally managed to get on my nerves today, and I actually like her.

To the other: Hypocrisy rules the day on this show. It's why I suffer major sideye whenever yet another character spits (with as much disdain as they can muster) how Ashland was the scum of the earth because HE FAKED CANCER!! And usually the person saying it has done much, much worse in their time.

Edited by TVForever
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9

It was nice to see Diane in white and I love that she covers her shoulders but I’m nervous for Fridays episode. I hope there’s not a chocolate fountain or Bloody Mary bar in store.

I was hoping that Jack called Adam to ask if he could adopt him. That could solve some of the day in and day out nonsense plus it would infuriate Kyle. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6

I like Victoria more than the vast majority of you, but who in the entire hell thought I wanted to sit through a Zoom meeting while watching a Soap?

I promise that making me hear, "collaborate" during my off hours is not a good thing.

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

Can't decide whether to put this episode in the file labelled "Impulsive" or "Repulsive." Was that scene of Phyllis lying to her "Dottir" supposed to be overacted so Summer would be suspicious, or just a refexive go-to choice of the actress? Either way, it was superfluous. She impulsively or repulsively put a few nails in the coffin of her relationship with her daughter. Adam and Chelsea both derailing their lives, alienating people, culminating with Chelsea's rabid attempt to swap spit with Billy. Okay, I sorted it out and started a new file, "Impulsive & Repulsive." Actually, that could be the new name for this show in it's present state.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Does Chelsea have a special barometer attached to her cooch that points in the direction of any man who’s already involved with another woman?

Hated Diane’s dress.  It was too tight and ruching just looks like coffin lining.  So when she first came to GC, she wore black, like some new age Elvira.  Now, she’s Jane the Virgin in purity white?  Just say no. 

• LOL 14

Diane going directly to Jack on work stuff undermines her immediate boss, Mariah. Jack needs to stop letting her do that.

It's a bright, sunshiny day when Sally gets to paste on a sweet smile and shiv Chelsea right in the proverbial gut. Hope she's wearing Kevlar under her jacket though.

Whaaat, this guy Lucas who Adam hired works for the GCPD? They'll put him under the jail if he gets caught having stolen Kevin's laptop and used it to access internal information. And what was up with his fake-ity, fake, fake fake wise guy accent?

Kevin's remarks to Adam didn't make any sense to me. There would be no reason for Kevin to have copies of police reports on his laptop, firewalled or not. He's a database analyst, essentially an IT guy. The MWTs seem to think he's also a records clerk who takes his work home with him. Do better research, you guys.

Wow, she actually sold the Grumpy Pinochle to C-W. Phyllis now moves on to the next phase of her life as an independently wealthy woman. Wonder if she's going to keep living at the hotel?

Kyle, you know what you saw happen in Jack's office between him and Diane. Don't let her make you question your ability to interpret simple things. And also don't let Diane undermine your authority over her the same way she's doing Mariah.

Billy just told Lily he was letting the podcasts go. Yet there he is on some "one last time" nonsense. Now would be a good time for Lily to come home early and catch his lying a$$ in the act. (His podcast studio is still in their condo, right?)

Listen to Jack, Adam. Nobody's paying you to pull another pointless revenge plot on your daddy. You could learn a lot from an older man who respects you and isn't trying to be a crime lord.

Kyle and Summer have decided to let go of the drama their parents are engaged in with each other. Riiiiight. I give it a week, tops.

Please tell me Adam isn't going to try to blackmail Chance now that he's seen the report on Ashland's death. Knowing Chance he'd turn around and arrest Adam. 🙄

Of course, Billy. Chelsea agrees it's a "unique connection" you two have, especially when she's diving down your throat and licking your tonsils. You are so dumb.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I don’t blame Adam for being pissed off at Victor for pulling the CEO bait and switch routine on him, but shouldn’t he expect it by now? Victor has done it more than once with him before. With his education and experience, Adam should be able to get a great job elsewhere. Jack just offered him the co CEO position at Jabot and he turned it down. Why? To seek revenge on Victor? How dumb. It would drive Victor bananas if Adam worked and was successful at Jabot.

Ashland’s death was an accident. Victor moving the body was a crime, but it didn’t have anything to do with the death.  Adam seems to have forgotten Victor did the same thing for himself when he killed the guy who was threatening Hope when he was a child.  Victor made it look like the guy fell from the barn hayloft and hit his head. Adam himself tried to cover up the fact he accidentally hit and killed Delia, so am not sure what he thinks he’s going to accomplish with the laptop shenanigans.  Take the job at Jabot, work hard, be successful and ignore the Newman family.  That’s what will annoy Victor.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Diane looks good in white. Does the white dress mean that Diane has come into the light? Chancellor’s 

Wow I’m impressed with Summer 2.0. She now has half a brain to be able to call Rodan out. 

Chelsea needs to get that stick out of her ass and replace it with …….. Chelsea, it’s Chancellor Park not Lawson Park. Technically Chelsea, your just a pimple on Sally’s ass. 

Lier lier wings on fire. Rodan is the epitome  of a pathological lier and she’s really not as good a lier as she thinks.  

Why does Kyle have a bug up his ass. What’s wrong with Diane “flirting” with Jack?  Is it because he’s a big fan of Jack and Rodan?  Oh I forgot, Summer 2.0 wouldn’t be happy with Jack and Diane because of Rodan so Kyle can’t be happy. 

Now it seems that today is the day for people to have a bug up their ass. Now it’s Chloe transferring her anger towards Adam because she’s upset with Chelsea. 

Mr and Mrs Chipmunk only surmise on what we know is true but Adam’s henchmen log in as Kevin Fisher and carrying Mr Chipmunk’s leather case in plain sight, Mr and Mrs Chipmunk’s suspicions could be proven true.  

Did Chelsea really kiss Nostrils or like Jack kissing Diane, only a daydream?  

• Like 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Did Chelsea really kiss Nostrils or like Jack kissing Diane, only a daydream?  

More like a nightmare.

I gotta be careful for what I wish for, because I was REALLY hoping for a day without the Newmans, but at this point it's basically a guarantee of seeing Phyllis.  Who ever increasingly has a cracked Southern granny vibe about her.  

Jack was great today though.  Everything he said to Adam was true and of course will be ignored.  He's definitely a bit naive about Diane- and I like Diane.  I think it's that he's becoming attracted to her again, plus being a decent person who wants to give her another chance when she seems to be doing the right things.

I could probably wind up liking Adam again, but I'm sick of the manbaby Get Daddy's Attention storyline.  And unfortunately, I suspect the end result of this one is Grampire being so impressed by Adam's "ruthlessness" like his hottie old man, that he welcomes him back into the fold where we can start it all over again.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Well, Phyllis, you are no longer The Phoenix Who Rose From The Ashes.  You are once again the cockroach that survived a nuclear blast.  She really should be a much better liar than she is, considering all the practice she's had.  Both Kyle and Summer suspect their respective mothers are violating their agreement to peacefully coexist.  But Diane low-key flirting with Jack doesn't harm Phyllis (or anyone, really) at all, so a bit of false equivalency there.

I don't understand what they're doing with Adam.  Note to writers :  character growth = interesting, character regression = not so much.

12 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Poor Sally will be the fourth, if/when Nick seals the deal. Sharon, Chelsea, and Sage all got with both Adam and Nick.

The guy who stole Kevin's laptop yesterday is not Trevor St. John, formerly of OLTL. Playing Adam's henchman is an actor named Aaron Schwartz, and he's only supposed to appear for a couple of episodes. It's still a big mystery when TSJ is showing up and what character he'll play.

Thank you!  That was driving me nuts.  I thought there were more than two women, but could only come up with Sharon and Chelsea.  I had eternally sunshined Sage from my memory!

• Like 4
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, JNavarro said:

More like a nightmare.

I gotta be careful for what I wish for, because I was REALLY hoping for a day without the Newmans, but at this point it's basically a guarantee of seeing Phyllis.  Who ever increasingly has a cracked Southern granny vibe about her.  

This is me. I wanted a break from Victor, Nikki, Vic, Nick but I knew the bare shouldered bill would be due. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Kemper said:

Is there any current storyline or character that is not terrible or boring? 

Nope. Whenever this happens I start recording the French version on TVA in Canada. It is now nearly 6 years behind the current shows in English (to do the pretty high quality dubbing in France w/words chosen carefully to keep the meaning but match the lip movements).  Today Gina Tognoni's Phyllis, back from a coma, crashed Nick & Sharon's wedding. Of course back then I also would get bored (Victoria was obsessively caressing her fake pregnancy belly w/pathetic acting) and record the French shows from 5 yrs prior. The show has been spiraling downward with lamer and more boring SLs for the past ~28 years; very noticeable with 5-6 years difference watched side-by-side.

Edited by deirdra
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, JNavarro said:

More like a nightmare.

JNavarro, "Cracked Southern granny" as a descriptor for Phyllis will live forever!

giphy.gif

Why Jack passed on another chance at that I'll never know.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Well, Phyllis, you are no longer The Phoenix Who Rose From The Ashes.  You are once again the cockroach that survived a nuclear blast.

This almost made me crack a rib laughing. She really will be the last vermin crawling when the earth is reduced to ashes..

I wanted a break from Victor, Nikki, Vic, Nick but I knew the bare shouldered bill would be due. 

Speaking of her bare shoulders:

cHyArDl.jpgg9PJCAF.jpg

she could sew these two dresses together and have both of her shoulders covered. Ta-da!

• LOL 21
  • Love 1

No veneer on Nick during his 1st scenes today, one of his bottom teeth is actually dark brown, rotten or does JM do chaw? Lily with her dress top unbuttoned down to her navel. The Nate and Devon feud just highlights again how sanctimonious and conceited Devon can be. Adam protecting a job for Sally with the relatives he finds reprehensible? Sally not choosing to walk away with Adam from NE to start something separate? Neither of these storylines have logic.  Chelsea has now quit her 2nd career in about as many weeks. Lily is right to be concerned about Chelsea. Rey got poisoned as collateral damage during one of her romantic obsessions gone wrong. Loved how Victor had his wagging index finger going already, before Adam even finished what he was saying!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Well, well, well:

i must say, I have to admire how Billy handled Chelsea’s kiss. He didn’t freak out, he gently, but very clearly let her that this was NOT happening, and just as important, he told Lily right away.

i know there’s plenty to fault him over, but at least today, he showed some maturity. I’ll take it.

• Like 8
  • Love 6

I’m so disappointed at the monkeys with a keyboard by bring Adam back to the dark side while elevating Chelsea and allowing her to run around GC like a cat in heat.  

And I say to Nostrils, goodbye and good riddance.  

Devon, playing it save and the world passes you by. There is so many platforms willing to take a chance to make a name for themselves. Even NM, via Sally, is looking to expand their media reach with new and innovative ideas. In the world of business, Devon, if you snooze you loose. 

As I said before, Olive’s ego overshadows her entire existence. Why does Olive even have a Co-CEO or a COO when she’s not going to listen to them. They tell Olive to pump the breaks on her aggressive acquisitions but she’s not listening.  Even Victor thinks it might be too aggressive but he will take a wait and see attitude because in the long run, NE is too big to fail. 

Over the years I have learned quite a bit about human behavior. I find Adam’s and Banana Breath’s quilt over taking a persons life quite credible. I have to give the monkeys with a keyboard kudos for the dialog they wrote for Adam and Banana Breath. I also have to give credit to the monkeys with a keyboard in writing dialog for Sally’s condemnation of Adam. I have to give CH kudos for her acting ability in making that condemnation believable.  CH didn’t phone her performance in like so money others. I could tell by Sally’s eyes because they actually changed color as she got more and more angry at Adam.  To do that, Sally had to feel the anger and not fake it. 

I’m wondering why Olive might want to publish the obstruct story.  Would it be to entrap Adam 🤔

• Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Seeing those two photos up there remind me that as tired as I am with those one shouldered dresses, I’m even more tired of that ugly hair don’t she always, always wears. Get a new do, woman!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 8/20/2022 at 5:37 PM, Waldo13 said:

Chance 2.0 didn’t say anything about more than one security guard.

I'm guessing that it took more than one person to carry AL's dead weight out of the house

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I can remember Eric Braeden easily making it through a lot more screen time and a lot more dialogue per episode just 3 or 4 years ago, but watching him fumble through today's episode made me wonder if the producers aren't going to gradually reduce his screen time until it amounts to walk ons every few episodes - I mean, if today's episode proved anything, it's that EB is having increased difficulty remembering his cues.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Love 8

Victor warning Victoria about acquiring a bunch of new companies too quickly was interesting. Foreshadowing a problem? Whatever, Victoria sure is acting happy-go-lucky now. It's creeping me out.

Adam: you used to be a straight arrow guy who believed in truth, Chance. What happened?
Chance: the truth? You can't handle the truth!
Adam: no, you must have me mistaken for my brother. Or my father.
Chance: whatever. I gotta go work on my hair. C'ya.
Adam: dafuq?

So Lily knew Billy was meeting with Chelsea for a final podcast. Okay, he's been more above board than I would've expected. Hmm.

Nate and Devon go to a meeting with Lily without anything to take notes on, or research data to reference. I guess it doesn't matter since Lily treats them like they're merely joining her for a coffee klatch.

Wait, how did things get left between Chance and Adam? Their scene ended mid-conversation and the next thing we see with Adam is him at Sally's office. Was a scene dropped?

You're nuts, Adam. Why would Sally kneecap herself by using her job to publish an incriminating story about the owner of the company she works for? Seems to me you could put the Ashland death cover-up facts out there your own unemployed self, via social media.

AFAIC Chloe is a way better friend to her bestie than Chelz deserves. It's almost sad how much of Chelsea's self-centered crap Chloe is willing to tolerate for the sake of maintaining their relationship.

Sally's mad because Adam didn't appreciate how much of a ride or die chick she was, and he's mad because she didn't appreciate the way he was trying to protect her. Sigh, these two crazy kids love each other. Why can't they work it out, goshdarnit? 😕

Meh, Nate, like the Stones sang, you can't always get what you want. Perhaps an executive role at C-W isn't in the cards for you. At least not while Devon is there too and Lily's being wishy-washy.

Snitches get stitches, Sally. Just wait, the Newmans will turn on you eventually and you'll be like chum in their treacherous waters.

Whoa, Adam threw his d!ck on the table with Nick and Victor, and the mighty Victor failed to knock it off. What's he gonna do now, have Adam kidnapped and disappeared? 🙄

Re the previews for next week: dejected Adam and Chelsea may be putting their  heads together again. Might there be a true crime podcast in the offing?

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Js Nana said:

I can remember Eric Braeden easily making it through a lot more screen time and a lot more dialogue per episode just 3 or 4 years ago, but watching him fumble through today's episode made me wonder if the producers aren't going to gradually reduce his screen time until it amounts to walk ons every few episodes - I mean, if today's episode proved anything, it's that EB is having increased difficulty remembering his cues.

Victor can mumble, bumble, and stumble but I still would rather watch him than Rodan, Chelsea, or Nostrils. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Wait, I'm confused....I thought The Grinning Soul was an anonymous podcaster with a voice-disguising microphone, but Chelsea just outed Billy Abbott by name.  I can't say I'm sorry we won't be hearing any more of that crap.  But will we be getting a Chadam reunion?  Did anyone ask for that?

Maybe Victoria buried Ashland at the Newman Oaks Par 3 Miniature Golf Course, between the giant Pinocchio on the 5th hole and the giant Humpty Dumpty on the 6th hole, and she's using the tax savings to finance all of her acquisitions.   

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Why does Olive even have a Co-CEO or a COO when she’s not going to listen to them. They tell Olive to pump the breaks on her aggressive acquisitions but she’s not listening.  Even Victor thinks it might be too aggressive but he will take a wait and see attitude because in the long run, NE is too big to fail. 

What ever happened to those non-Newman 3-4 suits who were on the Board that occasionally came to meetings to weigh in on big ideas before huge descisions were made?  Or do they meet on Zoom now?

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Wait, I'm confused....I thought The Grinning Soul was an anonymous podcaster with a voice-disguising microphone, but Chelsea just outed Billy Abbott by name.

Victoria pointed out a few weeks ago that even though Billy was masking his voice, his speech patterns and usual vocabulary could be recognized by people who know him well. That's why Chelsea knew it was him. A few other people also figured out was Billy, plus he had another podcast he was doing as himself. The whole thing was pointless.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next bandwagon Y&R jumps on is their version of Tik Tok.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the next bandwagon Y&R jumps on is their version of Tik Tok.

God, please no.  My mind immediately went to what that might mean and it shut down in self defense.

Some of the usual suspects aside, I was impressed with some of the script and more especially the acting today.  

It does seem like they're hinting at something about Victoria getting out of control.  Personally she always seems unhinged, though, not someone anyone serious would want in a leadership position.

As mediocre as the Chancellor Winters story is, I'm now actually looking forward to the days when it's on.  Despite not being much of the fan of the characters involved, they're not repulsive level creeps like the Newmans, and any time taking away from that is good.

When Adam dumped Sally, all the indication was that he (foolishly) trying to get her to keep the job.  It was arrogant and dumb, but I don't remember him prioritizing any revenge scheme over her.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

You're nuts, Adam. Why would Sally kneecap herself by using her job to publish an incriminating story about the owner of the company she works for? Seems to me you could put the Ashland death cover-up facts out there your own unemployed self, via social media.

Wasn't that ridiculous?. If you want the hidden story about Victor Newman to come out, take it  to any media outlet other than the one named Newman!!

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Wait, I'm confused....I thought The Grinning Soul was an anonymous podcaster with a voice-disguising microphone, but Chelsea just outed Billy Abbott by name.  I can't say I'm sorry we won't be hearing any more of that crap.  But will we be getting a Chadam reunion?  Did anyone ask for that?

Maybe Victoria buried Ashland at the Newman Oaks Par 3 Miniature Golf Course, between the giant Pinocchio on the 5th hole and the giant Humpty Dumpty on the 6th hole, and she's using the tax savings to finance all of her acquisitions.   

And, with any luck, that's where she'll meet her next father-figure boyfriend, I mean, love-of-her-life.  

Miniature golf seems like the perfect dating pool for Victoria to dunk herself in.

I'm at a loss to see any difference between an unstable Victoria and her usual "Death Becomes Her" affect.

12 hours ago, deirdra said:

What ever happened to those non-Newman 3-4 suits who were on the Board that occasionally came to meetings to weigh in on big ideas before huge descisions were made?  Or do they meet on Zoom now?

They're probably doing double duty as Victor's crack security team while working the counter at Sam Drucker's General Store on the weekend when they're valeting at the Shady Rest.

I can't watch another scene of Nick being tortured by being forced to wear a suit.  WHY won't somebody, anybody, tell him he needs to tuck in BEFORE he zips up??

Say what you will, but Nate is such an adult when he disagrees with Devon.

giphy.gif

As is Devon.

giphy.gif

One silly question, though.......Why the HELL would Chancellor Industries sponsor a music festival?  Are they going to give away souvenir plungers to the first thousand attendees?  What does music have to do with that company, at all, unless they've commissioned a particular swan song to commemorate Lily sending the company straight to the toilet?

Neil and Katherine would NOT be so pleased.

Edited by boes
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, boes said:

Say what you will, but Nate is such an adult when he disagrees with Devon.

giphy.gif

As is Devon.

giphy.gif

Perfect! I am so over those man-babies and their idiocy. They make Banana Breath look like a mature adult.

Edited by SweePea59
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 8/26/2022 at 7:03 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

🤣🤣🤣 What witty name would they call it, Chit Chat or Tick Talk?!? 😂😂😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

🤣🤣🤣 What witty name would they call it, Chit Chat or Tick Talk?!? 😂😂😂

Right?!!!??

For me it really comes down to who the show would have doing the dances. I mean, who would do a better job at this

Victor and Nikki, Billy and Lily, Jack and Diane, or Adam and Sally? Lol, Happy Sunday, Preverts!

(Sorry, I couldn't find the original TikTok video of this but YouTube still had it.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Please someone explain to me why an investigative reporter from LA would think anyone has any interest in a story involving some low level  employee of company in Genoa City (Jabot) like Diane? Even Kyle and Summer are not that high profile enough, that a scandal relating to someone adjacent to them, would garner reader interest on a world-wide level. Why is this reporter from LA even listening to Phyllis? This storyline is baffling unless the reporter does a hatchet job on how Diane was able to fake her death due to the actions of the wife of the great Victor Newman, Nikki. But I don't get that an article about some business titan's wife, even like Jamie Dimon or his ilk, would attract the WORLDWIDE interest Phyllis was cawing about.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Please someone explain to me why an investigative reporter from LA would think anyone has any interest in a story involving some low level  employee of company in Genoa City (Jabot) like Diane? Even Kyle and Summer are not that high profile enough, that a scandal relating to someone adjacent to them, would garner reader interest on a world-wide level. Why is this reporter from LA even listening to Phyllis? This storyline is baffling unless the reporter does a hatchet job on how Diane was able to fake her death due to the actions of the wife of the great Victor Newman, Nikki. But I don't get that an article about some business titan's wife, even like Jamie Dimon or his ilk, would attract the WORLDWIDE interest Phyllis was cawing about.

Exactly.  This is similar to Hillary's gossip show that went from Public Access late night tv to a WORLD WIDE PHENOMENON, where everyone across the globe couldn't get enough of scandalous cheeses and cured meats and the people who loved them.  

It was the Farm Report in heels.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

The week is off to a dumb start. 
If I see someone I can’t stand in a restaurant or anywhere else, I avoid them. These exchanges between Diane and Nikki and Diane and Phyllis are tedious and annoying. Nasally Nikki and Phyllis the Whispering Whack Job. And this reporter! I’m a little offended that they are shoving this nonsense at us.

All I want for November sweeps is Christine Blair plowing Phyllis down in her car while laughing an evil laugh and making fun of her whispering at the same time. 

Eww Chelsea and Adam.

I almost missed that Noah was getting lucky. Seriously, the sale of the Grand Phoenix isn’t finalized yet but Lily said (off camera) “yes yes, a nightclub I love it!”

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Here is who I can't stand right now.  Victor, flat-haired Nicki, Victoria - who has her father's business sense (I kid!) but none of his younger-sometimes-charm.  And.  Chelsea, Adam (sadly), Chloe, Kevin, Phyllis, Imani, Ashley, Nate, Devon, Abby (at least right now).  I know I have left some out.  Right now I will give a pass to Chance, Diane, Billy (!), Sally, Nick (!) and Lily (!). 

Ashland's death could have become a "caper" with clues, unlikely alliances, red herrings, etc.  But it limped quietly away like all of the other storylines.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
58 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

These exchanges between Diane and Nikki and Diane and Phyllis are tedious and annoying.

What I've noticed is that it's the character of Diane who's written as the prime instigator of these exchanges.

An on a different note, did Michelle Stafford have work done on her eyes between shows, because when she made her entrance on today's show, I almost thought a different actress was playing Phyllis.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

I wanted to bust up my tv today when Nick said "I thought Adam had turned a corner when he donated his kidney".  What an ungrateful asshole.  What? Because he doesn't want to cover up a death he is dirt under Nicks feet?! This is Nick who killed a guy(yes, accidentally) bashing someone because they don't want to kiss his ass?

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 9

Once again I have to point out that Sally and Chloe want to expand NM while Devon is content to sit in the dark like a mushroom, and through 💩 at Natey Nate Nate because he wants to bring the mushroom into the light. 

I just realized that Rodan is even more egotistical than Olive. Rodan just couldn’t help to tell the “journalists”, who she knows about a hot second, about her Diane sabotage plan.  A seasoned “journalist” would have no problem putting 2 and 2 together.  I’m just wondering if the “journalist” has also done a deep dive on Rodan.  For that matter, Nikki has a nefarious past also. A good “journalist” should know who they are getting in bed with.  WTF?  The story of the century?  Rodan Rodan Rodan your Diane Derangement Syndrome is making you more and more delusional. 

Noah pitched the idea to Lily but wouldn’t Devon have to be onboard. After all isnt anything that has to do with entertainment be under his purview?  I guess interns don’t have to work either when an afternoon delight is calling. 

Adam Adam Adam why in the world would you tell Chelsea about what really happened to King King?  I don’t think he got what he expected. You could have knocked me over with a feather with Chelsea actually making sense in trying to talk Adam down. Connor seemed to be the trigger because as hard as Adam would try to keep Connor out of this, he would be stuck in the middle. 

Today has been another very heavy dose of chemistry between Banana Breath and Sally. I, for one, do not see any at all. 

Sally was telling Banana Breath that she was done with getting revenge; but the look on Sally’s face when she saw Adam and Chelsea hugging, tells me she not.   

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

The MWTs keep using the term "laissez-faire" in reference to interpersonal relationships. Ehhh, I don't think that works. It's more of a description of a type of government or management style. /pendantry

Whee, Diane saying what everyone already thinks: the NE CEO seat is handled like a game of musical chairs. The dig didn't seem to faze Nikki though.

I think reporter Talia is humoring Phyllis. She can tell Phyllis is nucking futz on the topic of Diane.

Hey, it's Allie and Noah! Holding hands like a couple of teenagers, tee hee.

Noah's nightclub in the Graham Piazza does make a lot of sense now that it's owned by C-W. The C-W musical can acts perform there, and if fans want to come in from out of town they can stay right at the hotel and hit the club. All the money stays in-house. Perfect! 😏

Chelsea trying to talk Adam out of his latest revenge scheme is troublesome to me. Is she going to be the one he goes to for comfort when things blow up in his face again? Bleh.

Whatever, Nick. All your exes are probably better off not being a relationship with you anymore as well. Did it ever occur to you that Sally is mainly backstabbing Adam because you and Victoria eat it up and she wants to keep her job? FOH.

Oy, Phyllis should've worn a bra with that dress. I was close enough to the TV today to see her nipples and they appeared to be as cold as her exposed shoulder. 🙀

Oh Jack. Boy did you stick your neck out where it wasn't needed. Diane is hardly a delicate flower requiring your protection. Poor Traci's tongue almost fell out of her mouth she was so aghast.

Sally, surely you're not trying to build your public redemption on Adam's back. You can't actually measure your sins against his. Newmans are all next-level on that score. You'll learn.

ALLIE! You are not about to have secksay times in your Grandpa Jack's house! Hope there's a back stairwell to a back door because Noah's kinda old to be doing the walk of shame past his girlfriend's family.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7