Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Abby, you silly rabbit, since when does your family include you in anything?  Even your mother didn’t think to include you. 

My kids my kids. Victoria is all about her kids but the lure of power and thwarting Adam is ultimately stronger than my kids my kids.  Victoria, Johnny and Katie were in boarding school and Claire/Eve was in GC so it’s quite logical you were paying more attention to her and not to them.  Am I surprised that Johnny and Katie didn’t accept Claire/Eve?  Not at all. They are both entitled brats just like their mommy. 

Audra is gloating now, but she won’t be when she finds out she is serving at the pleasure of Victor and he’s really calling the shots. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

So does Claire buy all her clothes at the Sister Wives R Us Outlet?  I'm with Katie on this first meet and greet.  Dressing Claire the way they've been doing, and especially today, made me think of one of those 60's schlock horror movies more than it did some heartwarming family reunions.  I have a feeling things might not go so well if Victoria ever leaves Claire to babysit young Katie.

giphy.gif

Claire has become an expert on child psychology, so what could go wrong?

Johnnie treated her fine but then he's an old hand at meeting previously unknown and unwanted siblings.

EEK!!  Heather!  Honestly, Show should have done one of those trigger warning things before the camera panned to her.  That was scary, even in the full light of day.  Hope you'll be very happy, Daniel.  Though I think a look at What Ever Happened to Baby Jane might do him a world of good, too.

I know I shouldn't but I really enjoy seeing MO as Abby when she's not being goofy or prickly or self-absorbed, which means I enjoy her about once a year.  But I do.  And today, talking to her Uncle Bucketface Billy Abbott, she not only held her own and spoke rationally, she resisted being sucked into those twin nostrils of destruction, not easy when the headwinds are against you.  I suspect that listening to him is a lot like having an inner ear infection, so I applaud her doing so without any visible damage.  

Think she'll run into Tucker in Paris?  I just hope she doesn't run into him in Paris with her car this time.

Edited by boes
  • Like 4
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Heather and her hair

Her hair is VB's most distinguishing feature, while, sadly, she might as well be a piece of furniture as far as her acting ability is concerned.

• Like 3

While the Y&R time slot in Massachusetts will be blacked out on Friday in favor of network affiliates showing that certain parade through Boston, I would be monumentally PO'd if Friday's show wasn't going to present flashbacks of the life of the most tiresome character on the show.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I look at Claire's clothes and wonder if show stylists have access to old wardrobe from Little House on the Prairie or The Waltons.  Seriously, her clothes are making her look like a crazy person.  But that'd make her fit right in, in GC, along with Lauren & her one-shoulder cave-lady outfits and Phyllis & her tighty-tight booby dresses.  They dress boring or crazy in

And that surprises you because...???

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
8 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Very nice & lovely that Daniel the Dickhead & Lily settled their diffs.  Eh, I really only care about that if it means show is giving Dickhead, along with Heather and her hair, the boot.  Please, show, please?  Two minutes of Heather and her hair (along with Dickhead) are 3 too many.  Say buh-bye to them, along with Tuck.  At least Tuck had his tush to offer -- those 2 got nothin'!

All this. Especially the tush part.

13 hours ago, boes said:

Johnnie treated her fine but then he's an old hand at meeting previously unknown and unwanted siblings.

Had to think about this for a minute. Deep cut. I can't remember, has Chelsea met Claire? The similarity of their impacts on Johnny should have smacked Chelsea in the face.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, surfgirl said:

WTAF is Audra doing back in GC when she is now allegedly the CEO of Glissade,

Well, Surfs, (may I call you Surfs?), from what I have learned from close observation of the existing CEOs, the function of any CEO is to:

• swan/lounge around the various (all three) watering holes/eateries of GC* and tell everyone you meet you are a CEO,
  • spend time (in any location) discussing the threat of your company being taken over and guessing who might be doing that,
  • plan to take over someone else's company by whatever nefarious means you can talk someone else into doing,
  • keep a suite at the GCAC for 'business' meetings,
  • and if you are a female CEO, show a lot of cleavage and/or shoulder.

*and only Genoa City, the known industrial/financial/business capital of the entire world (fuck Paris).

• Applause 2
  • LOL 12

Have we ever seen The Mustache out in the daylight? Honest to God, I can't remember. When the camera panned to him I was afraid he would turn to a pile of ashes-which would really bum me out because no matter how badly he's written, I will always love me some Victor Newman!

• Like 5
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, MollyB said:

Well, Surfs, (may I call you Surfs?), from what I have learned from close observation of the existing CEOs, the function of any CEO is to:

• swan/lounge around the various (all three) watering holes/eateries of GC* and tell everyone you meet you are a CEO,
  • spend time (in any location) discussing the threat of your company being taken over and guessing who might be doing that,
  • plan to take over someone else's company by whatever nefarious means you can talk someone else into doing,
  • keep a suite at the GCAC for 'business' meetings,
  • and if you are a female CEO, show a lot of cleavage and/or shoulder.

*and only Genoa City, the known industrial/financial/business capital of the entire world (fuck Paris).

Hey Molls, you may indeed, thank you so very much for inquiring beforehand!

And you are also correctamundo, all these GC bidness folks do is wander from office to watering hole and back again, opining over who will take over their bidness. We never actually see them DOING said bidness do we? No we do not. Even Tessa, who was an alleged super star singer performer is not doing her bidness, she is merely hotessing a local watering hole. WTAF writers?!?

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, surfgirl said:

And that surprises you because...???

Ah, no, not surprised, but at least they are being consistent with the looniness of Claire's clothes.  Now, it did make me wonder what if some goofy show stylist switched some characters' clothes for the day.  Oh, Idk, like put Lauren in one of Claire's Prairie lace things, & squeeze Claire into a one-shoulder leopard Lauren dress?  Oh, the possibilities for fun for us are endless . . . 

Still trying to process if Kyle could be so stupid to accept a gig with Vic -- and take orders from someone who loathes his father so intensely.  Could he be that much of a dunce?  And work closely with Audra, who he knows is an untrustworthy snake?  Well, if his hair is any indication (as well as his past history of endless dumb shit), I'd say so.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

OMG, I thought Audra had such a punchable face today. Nate is no stranger to smug behavior but I don't know how he could stand her.

Victor being a POS, making sure to undermine Tucker with Devon. As if that was even necessary since Devon serves steaming piles of crap to Tucker all on his own.

Katie's no dummy. She knows Claire's teary-eyed story of finding her Newman mommy--after 20+ years of Jordan's emotional and physical abuse--is hella sus.  Hang tough, Katie!

Heh, Nate was not trying to be Audra's rebound. And he seemed to have a clear read on her arrogance. I can't figure out why he cared who her mystery Glissade investor is though.

Go ahead, William, walk into Lily's trap. She was playing you like a piano virtuoso sitting at a classic Steinway baby grand.

Wah, wah, Kyle, you poor little nepo baby. It's a wonder Claire didn't laugh in your face at your pathetic tale of unappreciated Jabot COO woe.

Audra, clout-chasing via Victor Newman ain't ever going to happen, and certainly not when you're obvious about it. You are so in over your head. Idiot.

Gossiping about your little sister to your mommy. Not cool, Johnny. But Claire's interest seemed to be piqued when she heard Katie was having some tween drama. Hmm.

Jill apparently wasn't up on whatever scheme Billy's running wrt C-W. Bet she's not going to appreciate the fix Billy has gotten her into when the whole de-merger thing plays out. She already knows she can't leave the Chancellor legacy in his hands alone.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Gee, Idk, smuggy smug smug Audra, ya may not be smiling so broadly for long . . . cuz you clearly have NO CLUE what shit you've plopped yourself into, but I suspect Vic will clue you in quick.  Oh yeah, good luck being under Vic's beck and call, hun.  Yeesh!

Very nice & lovely that Daniel the Dickhead & Lily settled their diffs.  Eh, I really only care about that if it means show is giving Dickhead, along with Heather and her hair, the boot.  Please, show, please?  Two minutes of Heather and her hair (along with Dickhead) are 3 too many.  Say buh-bye to them, along with Tuck.  At least Tuck had his tush to offer -- those 2 got nothin'!

I look at Claire's clothes and wonder if show stylists have access to old wardrobe from Little House on the Prairie or The Waltons.  Seriously, her clothes are making her look like a crazy person.  But that'd make her fit right in, in GC, along with Lauren & her one-shoulder cave-lady outfits and Phyllis & her tighty-tight booby dresses.  They dress boring or crazy in GC . . .

Ah, so we finally got the scene we've been waiting months for.  Abby finally found out what's going on with her mother.  And she has it out with Billy?  Er, huh???  He's almost as much of a non-entity in the Abbott gang as she is.  Well, maybe not as much as Abby, but he seems like an after-thought (even if deservedly so) to Traci, Jack & probably Ashley too. 

Anyway, this scene was misdirected & a waste of time.  Abby shoulda been having it out with Jack & Traci for not telling her about her mother.  But then again, to me, any scene with Billy is a waste of time.

Some of Claire’s outfits lately have been pretty bad. You’d think she’d dress better now that she’s a Newman .

I loved Audra’s expression in her face when she learned she has to be Co-CEO with Kyle.

I wouldn’t be sad if Daniel and Heather left. They are so boring. 

I guess it had to be Billy because he’s the only family member other than Kyle who is in GC. I imagine she will confront her aunt and uncle in Paris but we will probably be cheated that scene. I’d rather seen that than Billy.  At least they finally addressed the issue. 

1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Ah, no, not surprised, but at least they are being consistent with the looniness of Claire's clothes.  Now, it did make me wonder what if some goofy show stylist switched some characters' clothes for the day.  Oh, Idk, like put Lauren in one of Claire's Prairie lace things, & squeeze Claire into a one-shoulder leopard Lauren dress?  Oh, the possibilities for fun for us are endless . . . 

Still trying to process if Kyle could be so stupid to accept a gig with Vic -- and take orders from someone who loathes his father so intensely.  Could he be that much of a dunce?  And work closely with Audra, who he knows is an untrustworthy snake?  Well, if his hair is any indication (as well as his past history of endless dumb shit), I'd say so.

His ego is his downfall (Kyle) , so I’d say no . He’ll relish the opportunity.

• Like 8
(edited)

Hmmm, Claire sure does bring out the hate in female relatives, eh?  First, Summer & now Katie.  Bring it, Katie -- l'm hoping you'll tear apart Claire's bullshit sweetie-pie act and finally bring out the Jordie in her.  Show has to give us some taste of Jordie until her next predictable prison break-out.

So seeing Vic sitting in the park made me wonder  . . .  er, when was the last time we saw him standing up (without being hunched over) or walking?  The great and powerful Oz -- oh, I mean Victor Newman, is maybe not so much of an imposing physical presence anymore & hasn't been for years?  Show is trying so hard to hide that teeny-weeny fact, but not doing a convincing job of it.

Yeah, no romantic vibe AT ALL between Nate & Audra.  Given he's as underhanded as she is, he looked to me like he had his own self-serving motives in mind, gathering info from her for his own use, rather than if he cared anything about her or for her.  He's as cold-blooded & self-interested as she is.  Nah, no future for those 2.  Still think she's headed for marriage to Vic.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Hmmm, Claire sure does bring out the hate in female relatives, eh?  First, Summer & now Katie.  Bring it, Katie -- l'm hoping you'll tear apart Claire's bullshit sweetie-pie act and finally bring out the Jordie in her.  Show has to give us some taste of Jordie until her next predictable prison break-out.

So seeing Vic sitting in the park made me wonder  . . .  er, when was the last time we saw him standing up (without being hunched over) or walking?  The great and powerful Oz -- oh, I mean Victor Newman, is maybe not so much of an imposing physical presence anymore & hasn't been for years?  Show is trying so hard to hide that teeny-weeny fact, but not doing a convincing job of it.

Yeah, no romantic vibe AT ALL between Nate & Audra.  Given he's as underhanded as she is, he looked to me like he had his own self-serving motives in mind, gathering info from her for his own use, rather than if he cared anything about her or for her.  He's as cold-blooded & self-interested as she is.  Nah, no future for those 2.  Still think she's headed for marriage to Vic.

I don’t want Claire to go full out psycho, but I like that this storyline can do two things:

1. Show Claire as not a goodie two shoes but NOT a PSYCHO please , we’d had enough of those on the show. But show she’s human, and maybe plot some revenge on Summer and Katie , on not a psycho way but to make them look foolish for the way they treated her .

2. Karma for Victoria for how she treated Adam and still does. She probably doesn’t even see that Katie is acting just like she did to Adam when he first came to town. I hope Katie calls her a hypocrite for it.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

A Brief Recap - Blah Blah Blah

Lily tells Billy she negotiated a deal with Daniel. CW keeps his shitty game and Daniel keeps the charisma vacuum he’s so in wuv with. Lily will take over Chancellor with Billy, but the Winters has to stay with Devon and Nate. Billy is gleeful, but it turns out that Lily is just reeling him like a pale, disgusting blob fish. Billy gloats to his mother, who looks like she wishes she’d dropped her son in the zoo’s aardvark enclosure shortly after he was born.

Audra treats Nate to an exposition dump at dinner, retelling the Tucker Tales we all just sat through. Nate’s clearly wondering if he should rev up his sexy side part of seduction again. Audra is summoned by her ‘mystery investor’.

Victor manspreads in the park, boldly exposing his ancient vampire hide to the sun. Victor rubs Tucker’s recent misfortune in Devon’s face, because classy is Victor’s middle name.

Katie inexplicably doesn’t instantly bond with her new big sister. She’s probably too old to fangirl Prairie Dawn from Sesame Street. Johnny, a veteran of surprise sibling reveals, seems alright with it.

Thankfully, we’re treated to more bullshit conversation between Claire and Kyle. He sucks his pacifier about not getting a job handed to him, a job he happened to decline. Kyle is summoned to the eldritch castle of Nosferatu, departing from Claire’s sugary aura just in time to avoid diabetes.

Victor, as most ultra-rich tycoons do, meets with Audra in his suburban ass living room to chat about Glissade. Audra’s high on life until Victor brings her down a notch by demanding high-on-hair Kyle rule at her side. It’s the 9,567th inning in his game of revenge against Jack. Victor’s incredible wealth is clearly a result of his fresh, innovative ideas.

• Like 3
  • Fire 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Maybe Tucker lost Glissade, he’s now flush with cash. So why is that a bad thing?  Nate hit the nail on the head without even knowing who the secret investor is. Yes Nate, the secret investor, Victor, will definitely have ideas of his own. Audra is in for a very rude awakening.  If Audra thought it was a disaster working for Tucker now she’s working for Victor who is the master of disaster. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

Nothing I could type here would be even worthy of being downwind of ^that materpiece^ Ninj! So rather, I shall exposite the minutae of my viewing experience today.

Overshadowing today's episodic grandeur, Grampire arises from his coffin, leaving his crypt in broad daylight to haunt Chancellor Park with his draconian visage. Devon should have brought a wooden stake with him, just in case. In fact, there ought to be a PSA this very evening across all GC media comms channels that heretoforth, all citizens of the great bidness metropolis of GC should carry with them a wooden stake in case they should cross paths with oldest living dead citizen in GC, one Grampire Newman. I thought he would cry out, "I'm melting! I'm melting!" and shrivel into a pool of his black suit of virility puddled upon the ground. Katherine must be rolling in her actual grave, watching this tool patoodle around her namesake park making shitty noises out of his pie hole.

Let it be said that I have not liked Devon in many years, but I loved how he basically shaded Gramp's doom and gloom Tucker news.

Katie knows what's up! She needs to move in with Summer for a while, those two are the only sane ones in that family, and that says a lot because I am also a long time loather of Dummer.

Last but not least, watching Audra embarrass herself in front of Natey Nate Nate, peacocking her rapier-like captain of industry acumen was like popping an otherwise good looking amuse bouche into one's very hungry face hole only to want to spit it out because it is sadly rotten. Audra has  way overplayed her hand. She is at best a good secretary who will put out if she thinks it will get her ahead (make of that last bit what you will dear friends), but CEO of an international corporation  she aint. Then again, neither is anyone in bidness in GC so in that she's in good company I guess!

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 6/19/2024 at 1:25 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Could Audra be the next Mrs. Victor Newman?

It was bad enough when he got with Victoria's friend Sabrina, got her pregnant and married her. Luckily that mess didn't last long which was due to Sabrina getting into a car accident, having a miscarriage and died because she needed a liver. That was in the late 2000's. Victor being with someone like Audra now would probably look like Anna Nicole Smith and the old guy she married. I kid. I kid. Well kind of.....

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Why did Anonymous reveal himself to Kyle?  Doesn't that defeat the purpose?  Or is the point to twist the knife in Jack's back by having Kyle knowingly eff-over his dad?  Didn't we already do this when Tucker was working Kyle to be a double-agent?

Lily said that Jill opposed the IPO.  ??? Wasn't it Jill's idea in the first place?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Claire’s outfits look like she’s joining the revival of Little House on the Prairie.  

I’m getting tired of the kids having all these mental health issues. I just want to scream at Katie, telling her to grow up and pull up her big girl panties. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Devon should have brought a wooden stake with him, just in case

It’s weird because he has a stick up his ass 24/7, but he never thought to break off a stake to settle Victor’s hash with. Thanks for letting humanity down, Devon.

I don’t understand Victor’s revenge scheme. I get that he ‘s the immortal undead, but buying a cosmetics company and expecting it to crush Jabot is playing a long game he might not win. Victor certainly isn’t operating from a position of strength by putting empty suit Kyle in charge. If Victor only wants to hurt Jack’s feelings, that’s pretty sad and would be better accomplished by persuading Kyle to continue at Jabot. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

So we really haven't gotten a clear picture of just what kind of company Glissade is, have we?  Just a bit of babble now & then from Tuck & Audra, but they never seemed to do anything for it or with it. 

In fact, maybe the best description of Glissade came from Jackie, when Tuck stupidly accused him of being the takeover investor.  Jackie dismissed it as a second-rate competitor that he was totally unconcerned with & uninterested in.  Funny, I've been dismissing it as something to do with air fresheners.

OK, so what kind of experience does Audra have that makes her so super, super, super confident that she'd be great as CEO of some mid-level (if even that) cosmetics company?  Wasn't she just Nikki's assistant at Newman Media (whatever that is), and before that, some other assistant jobs which didn't last long?  Not exactly an impressive resume.  Oh, and she was Tuck's side-piece for a few months, but was that a job?  Er, what would that position be called on her resume?  

So wait, did we get cheated out of a final scene with Tuck?  Really, show?  No more seeing him whining, whimpering & begging Audra to come back to him?  And no last look at his tush?  Oh show, how could you?

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I’m getting tired of the kids having all these mental health issues. I just want to scream at Katie, telling her to grow up and pull up her big girl panties. 

Katie can't.  Claire's got all the big girl panties up in her room.  She's making macrame plant hangers out of them, one for each of her new family members.  Except for attempting to poison her family and force vodka down Nikki's throat, she's really sweet.

And great with kids.  Just wait till we get to see her cook with them.

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

I get the impression that Audra is pretty sharp when it comes to business, and she and Tucker had that friends with benefits thing going on from the beginning. This show’s problem is that it just assumes anyone working at a company can easily step into the CEO position. Few things are more ridiculous than expecting the audience to believe Nick can function as a co-CEO when he was just thawed out by anthropologists exploring ancient caves in France. And let us also give a sly side eye to Billy, Lord of the Buttbiscuits, being handed leadership positions by his family after an epic string of failures, self made disasters and fuck ups that would prevent most corporations from hiring him to even work in the mailroom. This show clearly thinks anyone can do it, despite the totally different skill set required.

I hate that these dumbass writers have shifted Claire’s background story to make it seem like she was held prisoner in a dark basement since birth and was never exposed to the wonders of the real world. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Few things are more ridiculous than expecting the audience to believe Nick can function as a co-CEO when he was just thawed out by anthropologists exploring ancient caves in France.

Oh joy, and today is Nick's day on Y&R.

1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

writers have shifted Claire’s background story to make it seem like she was held prisoner in a dark basement since birth and was never exposed to the wonders of the real world. 

Many a child has been ruined by growing up in horrendously dysfunctional families, even with the wonders of the world all around them.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, MollyB said:

WTAF is Audra doing back in GC when she is now allegedly the CEO of Glissade

She had to check in with Victor the Great, Ruler of the Entire Universe, including Uranus, who quickly pulled the rug out from under her by letting her know that his orders were not to be confused with mere suggestions and that her opinions mattered as much to him as a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of his shoe - when he says jump, she better well jump.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Audra has  way overplayed her hand. She is at best a good secretary who will put out if she thinks it will get her ahead (make of that last bit what you will dear friends), but CEO of an international corporation  she aint. Then again, neither is anyone in bidness in GC so in that she's in good company I guess!

I absolutely LOVED the expression on her face when she realized that she had been played by Grampire  Good acting on her part.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Js Nana said:

What does the "A" in "WATF" stand for, Miss Surfs?

Actual

Is it too much to hope we get one final scene of Tucker finding out about Victor and laughing in Audra’s face? Telling her she could have had the whole company free and clear if she’d accepted his offer, and now she is merely Victor’s pawn and has absolutely no power at ‘her’ company?

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Tuck's side-piece for a few months, but was that a job?  Er, w She worker 

She worked on  job with great benefits1?

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Actual

Is it too much to hope we get one final scene of Tucker finding out about Victor and laughing in Audra’s face? Telling her she could have had the whole company free and clear if she’d accepted his offer, and now she is merely Victor’s pawn and has absolutely no power at ‘her’ company?

It would be great and fitting and all that, but you know we aren't allowed to have nice things in Show.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

1 hour ago, MollyB said:

13 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Er, what would that position be called on her resume?  

Missionary.

That particular image gives a whole new meaning to Victor's catchprases of "You got that!" and "Haveanicedaynow".

Audra, 

giphy.gif

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • LOL 11

Dear Billy Abbott;

Ugh. Today I learned things about my parents, especially my dad. College encourages curiosity, but maybe it really shouldn’t. My dad is the kind of guy I’ve learned to avoid - a player, a dudebro, basically… a pig. He had sex with a pterodactyl who laid a rotten egg that’s still stinking up the nest. He cheated on my mom after my big sister died before I was born. That’s straight up gross, man. It’s one thing to be embarrassed by your dad streaking naked through the neighbors’ backyards to start up a Sasquatch sightings craze; it’s a whole other thing to learn he’s the town Vespa. Can’t I just go back to when my dad’s worst crime was obliterating military grade toilet bowls three times a year? Suddenly, adjusting to a new model Tactical Deucinator 2500X with Category 6 Hurricane Force Waste Disposal Whirlwind doesn’t seem so bad.

(Keeping the) Faith

Dear Faith;

Whoa, whoa, whoa. It’s tough being a dad, young lady. My daughter wants to come live with me because some psycho moved in to her mother’s place and turns out to be her sister. WTF? Normally that might be cool, but I got a chance to balance two babes and can’t have a kid cramping my style. I’m thinking about sending her to the Abbott mansion to give Traci someone to fuss over. So, you see, fathers have their own side of thr story too. Like, real talk, sometimes a man just has to stick his dick in crazy at least once. You may be in college, but here you’re getting serious street knowledge that your stuffed shirt professors won’t tell you. You’re welcome. BTW, you got any contact information for the supplier of those tactical toilets? A mystery pooper at the office keeps accidentally downloading dookieware while writing his advice column on his phone. Thanks in advance!

• Fire 1
  • LOL 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, Js Nana said:

OK, so then I've got to ask what the "W" "T" and "F" stand for.

WTF - What the f*ck. WTAF is slightly more emphatic (and newer) than the original.

Eta: even though I've been online since forever (beginning with a 300 baud modem and a BBS account) I still sometimes have to search to find the current meaning of things. Try Googling "urban dictionary slang <whatever>" and that will usually clear things up.

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Try Googling "urban dictionary <whatever>" and that will usually clear things up.

I dunno, I'd exercise caution going to Urban Dictionary if you're at all sensitive or easily offended. A lot of historical words, phrases, and acronyms on that site have been updated with definitions which seem to be straight from XXX porn. I found out an expression I commonly used now has an extremely lurid meaning listed on Urban Dictionary. Usually just asking Google for a definition is sufficient, IMO.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2

My biggest issue with retrospective shows like today’s Nickfest flashback is, it just reminds the viewers how much better this show used to be. 
It was fun seeing the intro of Larry Warton as Nick’s cell mate. Who one day was to become Jill’s boyfriend. LOL

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

I usually feel loathing or indifference when it comes to Nick, but seeing little Cassie was sweet. Everybody looked so good even Nick who is not my type. They were really young and restless. 

• Like 8
  • Love 4

So what’s the age difference between faith and summer? Convenient that neither Nick nor Sharon mentioned that little ‘hiccup’ on their relationship.

watching the Nick/Nikki flashbacks made them seem more like siblings than mother/son. Not in their interactions but in appearance. she just looked soooo young!

all in all, not a horrible show for a retrospective.

• Like 10

I passed on watching today's episode because I'm not much of a Nick or Shick fan.  Across the various soap forums I've checked the reactions seemed to be mixed. I'm glad most of the posters here were mostly okay with it.

So apparently Faith had no idea Nick had cheated on Sharon with Phyllis? I don't know how that's possible unless everyone has been lying about Summer's age or when she was conceived.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I’m getting tired of the kids having all these mental health issues. I just want to scream at Katie, telling her to grow up

Huh, I didn't get the impression Katie was having mental health issues. Seemed to me her reaction to Claire was a rejection of Victoria's expectation that Katie and Johnny immediately accept their "new" sibling. Katie probably sensed that Claire's whole story is a lot to take in, and Claire's Pollyanna behavior didn't help.

8 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

She worked on  job with great benefits1?

For reals. The show made it clear early on that Tucker was both a supportive boss and a generous lover. And Audra appreciated it until she went bonkers with jealousy over Ashley.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Very interesting that Faith comes home because Moses broke up with her but it actually was he prelude for the greatest love story ever told. I found the Nick Newman saga somewhat interesting because of the flashbacks to the younger characters. By the way, Nick became much better when he began sporting facial hair.  Today Nick’s salt and pepper beard, as makes him look more distinguished. As for Sharon, her body hasn’t change all that much over the years. 

What was really nice to see a very young very cure Camryn as Cassie.  It was also nice to see a younger Sharon. She seemed to be a much better actress back then.  She could show a lot more emotion with facial expressions. 

Did Faith know that her parents weren’t married at the time she was conceived?  

Am I wrong or does a younger Nikki and a younger Sharon look like they could be sisters?  

• Like 9
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Am I wrong or does a younger Nikki and a younger Sharon look like they could be sisters?  

I always thought they looked similar. 

• Like 9
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I dunno, I'd exercise caution going to Urban Dictionary if you're at all sensitive or easily offended. A lot of historical words, phrases, and acronyms on that site have been updated with definitions which seem to be straight from XXX porn. I found out an expression I commonly used now has an extremely lurid meaning listed on Urban Dictionary. Usually just asking Google for a definition is sufficient, IMO.

Oops. It's been awhile since I used it. Thanks for weighing in. 

• Like 7
23 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I always thought they looked similar. 

Good Lord.  Now THAT would be a story. Somehow long-lost related.  If only Sharon hadn't been married to Nicki's son and had kids with him.   

• LOL 9
51 minutes ago, boes said:

e got to see Sharon before she was kidnapped by a roving band of plastic surgeon terrorists

Seriously.  I never post at nite because i  am usually watching one of my bazillion episodes of Law and Order, but I was so horrified after watching today's episode that I just couldn't wait.  whomever is SC's dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon should lose their licenses and never get them back.  SC WAS beautiful and could talk like a normal person.  She has disfigured her face to the point where she can't speak normally and her face looks like it will burst. Shame on doctors who prey on women's insecurity that discourages graceful aging.

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
On 6/21/2024 at 11:09 PM, surfgirl said:

After alllllll the shit PeePaw has thrown at Nick, he simps that Daddy Cryptkeeper made him the man he is today? Someone pass me the barf bags because 🤢🤮🤯

Nick, Victor, and Nikki didn't realize it was backhanded compliment. I think it's largely Victor's example of how to treat women that has made Nick unable to sustain a successful relationship. Heck, Nick's dear old daddy even married two of Nick's exes. The only things of value Nick has gotten from Victor was a $500M trust fund and a lifetime guarantee of a job at NE.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 6/22/2024 at 12:09 AM, surfgirl said:

What I got from today's saccharine fest

I'm with Nikki, wondering where is all this saccharine Nick-fest coming from?  Is Josh Morrow leaving the show for the bright lights of primetime? movies? Broadway? If so, we'll see him back in a month or two.

Seeing current & young Sharon in the same episode makes me wonder if previous fillers have migrated down her nose & face so her nose-tip hangs down and new filler in her forehead & between her eyes make those areas bulge out to smooth out wrinkles but also make her look like she just got smacked in the head by a two-by-four, giving her a stunned-by-everything look. Only her eyelids move now.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2