Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I' ve had a couple of thoughts regarding EB/Victor.  IRL he's battling cancer and maybe the writers are planing some kind of extended storyline to explain his absences from the show? 

Hope not as he makes it totally his own.  There will be no replacing him.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

surprised she made no profit!

Ever get the feeling, FL, that the writer(s) think we're too stupid to remember as much of the storylines as we do, hence viewers questioning how Phyllis can be so broke when she must have made millions off of selling the Grand Phoenix, even after paying Nick his loan back.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

he's battling cancer

I think he announced back in August that he was now cancer free, but I'm guessing that going through cancer treatment in your 80s takes a lot out of you.

• Like 15
  • Useful 1

Does Nikki realize that hiring an employee isn't the same as owning someone? I know she could be confused, considering who she's married to, but hopefully, she took Audra's low level "dont' fuck with me" responses enough to make her pause with the inappropriate comments and demands.

Considering she consorts with the Undead on a regular basis, you'd think she'd be more responsive to how close she is to having a long vacation in the bowels of Hell.  Luckily, she's married to the creature who inhabits those bowels.

Febreze, and STAT!

Looks to me like Show is intent on more money saving measures.  They bring Danny back, with his Kiwi Black shoe polish hair color, the exact same shade ButtBiscuit uses on his oily locks, not to mention his withered heart and soul.

"Phyllis needs a friend" reminds me more of a RAID commercial than it does a storyline.

She's never looked better.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Notably, renowned author, the late Toni Morrison, was still wearing her locs well into her 80s when she passed. Actress and comedian Whoopi Goldberg has been wearing dreadlocks for decades and she's pushing 70. I don't think it's an age thing but rather a styling issue, plus the prejudice mostly western societies seem to have against older women wearing long hairstyles.

Edited 14 hours ago by Joimiaroxeu

I agree that Toni Morrison looks great, regal even but it may be because her hair is pulled off her face. I really think that on most older women wearing their long hair not pulled back drags down their face. It also seems like a lot of them don't have it styled and it is badly damaged and just looks awful. That is not the case with Mamie...I just don't like it and thought it looked much better in the 50 anniversary episode.

I really like Traci's short cut. I really want them to do something different with Lauren, Sharon, Phyllis and Nikki's hair.  

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

I really like Traci's short cut. I really want them to do something different with Lauren, Sharon, Phyllis and Nikki's hair.  

Sadly, that will probably never happen. The styles are terrible on these actresses but I think Lauren’s is the absolute worst. Is that style Tracy B’s choice?

• Like 8

Wasn’t it exciting how Buttbiscuit and Jack figured out that Phyllis was the culprit almost immediately? And after she was so subtle about it too! Tucker’s dastardly first blow against Jabot might be over before it began, not unlike sex with Nick. Corporate intrigue without a modicum of suspense is a bold new narrative device, I must say.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I agree that Toni Morrison looks great, regal even but it may be because her hair is lulled off her face.

In the previews at the end of today's show, Mamie does have her "locks" pulled back from her face, but I still think the hairstyle she had back in March did her more justice than the "locks" do.

7 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I'm willing to be that MS has it written into her Y&R contract that her hair always has to long and hanging down around her face.

Speaking of that atrocious green dress, that's at least one full dress size too big for her, that Audra's been wearing; I'm pretty sure that I bought that same style dress in the same color and fabric about 25 years ago - - whatever happened to that dress?

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

While you could quibble with the stylng of Mamie's locs, I overall like the idea. I didn't really care for that wig they stuck on her head for the gala. 

A random observation, but I really like the Audra and Tucker scenes. He's great with everyone, but she really sparkles with him. I find their whole "friends with benefits" thing believable. They really get and understand each other. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Tucker’s dastardly first blow against Jabot might be over before it began

Later on in the show, Tucker explains to Audra that he expected Jack to figure out that he was behind the transfer of money, that it had been a feint in the game of chess he's playing with the Abbotts - Audra described it as Tucker playing a game of chess while making the Abbotts believe it's a game of checkers, and as we all know, His Pomposity is that dumb.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
16 minutes ago, tanyak said:

I didn't really care for that wig they stuck on her head for the gala. 

It's pretty obvious from the picture that VR's hair style is a weave that's been woven into her own hair, while the "locks" she's wearing now are extensions braided into her own hair - and while I still think the weave did VR more justice than do the "locks," MS has got her beat hands down in the "doesn't do a thing for you" hairstyle category.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

So… how miserable is Chance, the adrenaline junky who doesn’t like being behind a desk, going to be being chief of police?

At least that’s how it would work in reality, but this show wants to distract us from Paulie Pockets, so we shall see.

Edited by lgprimes
Wrong word
  • Like 9
  • Love 4

Ugh, when will the pointless flashbacks stop? AFAIC, this show has become The Young and the Restless Enter the Twilight Zone. 🤬

Esther, coffeehouse manager and lead barista, has now been nasty to both Adam and Tucker. How does she get away with treating customers like she doesn't want their business when she isn't the owner of said enterprise? I'm thinking Tucker should leave bad reviews about her on the googles and yelps.

Meanwhile, what was Esther wearing? From a distance I thought she looked like a human-bat hybrid. 😼

Danny dropped in from parts unknown and right off the bat started reading Phyllis like the liner notes from the entire Frank Zappa album discography, written backwards in Valyrian. Hard. Whee!

Hmm, I don't know how working as a grunt for peanuts at OmegaSphere will prove Phyllis has changed. Sounded to me like Danny and Daniel see it as an alternative punishment for her.

But Tucker, your so-called "Jabot Express" doesn't exist yet. Not sure Audra would be wise to leave a sure thing at NM to leap into the abyss of your vague revenge scheme against the Abbotts.

Dang, Phyllis lied right to her son's face about finding the money Jeremy Stark absconded with and using it to pay back the insurance company. She better pray Daniel never finds out the truth.

Why do I suspect Billy will again try to work a side deal with Tucker to help take over Jabot? The way he keeps questioning Jack's trust in him seems shady to me.

How did Jack know where to find Phyllis? Whatever, he assured Daniel that "Phyllis is in no imminent danger." Lol, a regular person would've said not to worry because they left their wooden stake and silver bullets out in the car.

Real talk from Audra to Tucker regarding his broken heart vs. his desire for revenge. She really cares about him and I too like their FWB relationship.

FFS, is Phyllis going to play double agent super spy between Tucker and the Abbotts? Good luck with that plan, Jack. You can't trust Red as far as you can throw drop kick her.

Re the previews: yep, Jill vs Mamie redux. Yay or yawn? 😐

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 9/28/2023 at 2:37 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

That's one opinion.

And those are two more.

It took me less than five minutes to google photos of elderly Black women fabulously rocking locs.  Here are some on Pinterest. 

Notably, renowned author, the late Toni Morrison, was still wearing her locs well into her 80s when she passed. Actress and comedian Whoopi Goldberg has been wearing dreadlocks for decades and she's pushing 70. I don't think it's an age thing but rather a styling issue, plus the prejudice mostly western societies seem to have against older women wearing long hairstyles.

This exactly, thank you for articulating this more succinctly than I did. More importantly, the hair style the actress wore to the reunion show was, IIRC, a blow out straight hair style, aka a white lady's hair/not her natural hair style. The locks she is wearing currently are very much in vogue with women of color. This is not my opinion, it's just what it is, and I think it looks beautiful! 

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

While we're on the topic of bad hair, don't forget they have Nose Up Nikki channeling the "Peek-A-Boo Girl" Veronica Lake's 1940's hairstyle. One eye covered, it looks almost as ridiculous as Nate's former side part. She sports that look again, I'm going to start calling her "Left Eye." Oh, note to JG, we're not forgetting Phyllis has violated her plea deal probation agreement, and we are all expecting to see her working her community service gig, like real soon.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Real talk from Audra to Tucker regarding his broken heart vs. his desire for revenge.

In which he admits that Assley was teasing and playing him.  Well, duh, Schmucker. Pay attention.  She never told you she loved you or that she even trusted you during all that time you were wooing her and when she finally goes ahead with the wedding (not going to call it a marriage-three second rule) it is obviously not because she loves you but because she was upstaged by Diane/Jack nuptials and wanted to get back at them any way she could.  If you're going to punish someone, how about the (albeit fucked up) grown-ass woman?  Her family didn't talk her into not loving/trusting you.  And you played along with her hissy fit.  Boo hoo, poor you.

And just a note about the b/w flashbacks.  They make the unshaven look really grizzly and old/near death.  Keep Tucker in living color, please.

18 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Oh, note to JG, we're not forgetting Phyllis has violated her plea deal probation agreement, and we are all expecting to see her working her community service gig, like real soon.

Amen.  Of course, she will explain to her probation officer that she's on important (criminal) business for her family and friends and just can't be bothered to pick up trash in front of Rexx Rugs.  

Edited by MollyB
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2023 at 11:17 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't know if anyone's suggested Victor has dementia but he does seem to have some kind of diminishing mental capacity which is often evidenced by angry outbursts and erratic decision-making. That last punching bag scene we saw with Victor sitting teary-eyed was perhaps an indication he realized it was happening. Maybe now he's overcompensating to prove he's still he same guy he was 40 years ago. Father Time is undefeated though.

Could be he has a UTI. Get that man some cranberry juice, STAT!

On 9/28/2023 at 6:09 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nick going back to work at NE won't fix whatever Victor's problem is, especially since no one really knows what it is.

And we still don't know what unspeakable crime Daniel committed either.

On 9/29/2023 at 12:11 AM, Js Nana said:

Ever get the feeling, FL, that the writer(s) think we're too stupid to remember as much of the storylines as we do, 

No. I think they're the one(s) that are too stupid.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

I was taking a little trip down soaps-that-are-no-longer-with-us memory lane, and came across this picture of Trevor St. John as Victor Lord, Jr., on One Life To Live:

Todd_Manning_2.jpg.5a16ee480616ac1a36332ac25391d94b.jpg

Something about Phyllis' reaction to being accused of working for Tucker to undermine the Abbotts made me guess that she's got some surprises up her sleeve when it comes to actually proving that.

• Like 7

My lord! Every time these people come at Tucker about the singer and the young girls. Who the heck would care? The email was from Audra AFTER the guy had been arrested, telling him hey your PR team covered for this criminal. His response to fire them all and keep it quiet was good business and not all that unethical even! What was he supposed to do, march the team to the cops? I’m sure they knew all about it from the investigation where they arrested the perv. 
such a nothing threat/ stupid story.

Meanwhile is Audra going to encourage a reconciliation with Ashley only to then discover she has a bun in the oven? Another “scandal” that would be worth a shrug..

It's a real struggle to find a storyline of interest on this show these days

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

My lord! Every time these people come at Tucker about the singer and the young girls. Who the heck would care? The email was from Audra AFTER the guy had been arrested, telling him hey your PR team covered for this criminal. His response to fire them all and keep it quiet was good business and not all that unethical even! What was he supposed to do, march the team to the cops? I’m sure they knew all about it from the investigation where they arrested the perv. 
such a nothing threat/ stupid story.

Meanwhile is Audra going to encourage a reconciliation with Ashley only to then discover she has a bun in the oven? Another “scandal” that would be worth a shrug..

It's a real struggle to find a storyline of interest on this show these days

I liked Ashley and Tucker's storyline. Snarky but loving. Now we have couples I can't stand.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I had to laugh at Audra looking at the menu contemplating what she is going to order like she hasn’t been at CL before. I use to work at an Italian Ice Bar with the ice flavors on a sign right behind my head. People will still ask what flavors I had. I decided to misspell all the flavors available and from that point on nobody asked what flavors I had. Also, nobody told me that the flavors were misspelled 😜

Yes Taz🌪️ you were coerced and threatened by Stark. Yes Taz🌪️ that’s my story and I sticking to it. Taz🌪️ has told that lie so many times, she actually thinks it’s the truth. How convenient Taz🌪️, Michael found Stark’s offshore account. 

Nostrils keeps proving that when he was in heaven god said brains but Nostrils thought he said trains and he took the first one out. Nostrils never takes the win and leave his insecurities alone.  Nostrils is not paranoid but he cannot figure out why everyone thinks he’s a fuck up. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Meanwhile is Audra going to encourage a reconciliation with Ashley only to then discover she has a bun in the oven?

OK i'm gonna be a bitch to say this but isn't Ashley ....a little too old... to be pregnant?

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Diane: I want names. No, I want blood. Has accounting traced the bastard who did this?

Billy: My name is going to be on that shell company. Tucker sent that money to Black Hole Nasal Therapeutics for a reason. And he had an assist from your biggest mistake, Jack.

Jack: I have two cement trucks on standby that will back up to and fill your sinus gullies. I swear to god I’m this close. It’s baffling that Tucker would focus his vengeance on you when you’re completely incapable of putting up a good fight.

Billy: It makes perfect sense, Jack. You might be the heart and soul and brain of Jabot, but I’m its swagger. Its big swinging dick. First he emasculates the family by taking me out, then it’s easy pickings.

Jack: Accounts have been frozen and all of our vendors have been notified. Tucker accomplished basically nothing with this attack, but we should punch him in the kidneys before he pulls some shit.

Billy: Speaking of dicks, did Adam ever spill the tea?

@@@@@@@@

Tucker: Esther! What a lovely day in every way. How are you, my dear lady?

Esther: The fuck you want?

Audra: Double espresso.

Tucker: That’s Italian for ‘twice the espresso’.

Esther: Two double espressos, no biscotti.

Audra: That went well.

Tucker: I thought so.

Audra: You know, Nikki warned me not to associate with you.

Tucker: Am I getting the Kyle Abbot treatment? I don’t know if I can tease my hair that high.

Audra: Of course not. She said it was for my own good. Nikki wants to mentor me.

Tucker: What does she know about business that you don’t? Wait a minute. Are you going to be moonlighting at the Spearmint Gyno, Genoa City’s premiere strip club? Live your truth, girlfriend.

Audra: Don’t be an ass. I actually think Nikki is sincere.

Tucker: Sincere or not, don’t stick your hand in that jar of scorpions.

@@@@@@@@@

Danny: I mean it. You look like shit. Like a woman whose been caught and curb stomped by her own terrible decisions.

Phyllis: What are you doing in Genoa City? Does Daniel know you’re here?

Danny: Duh. I had a couple of years off my tour of abandoned shopping malls and had some business to take care of in town. Daniel’s meeting me here.

Phyllis: I sense hostility.

Danny: Oh it’s beyond hostility. Somehow you’ve become an even worse person since dropping your narcissistic napalm on my life decades ago. But, hey, at least you’re alive. Last time I saw you, you were faking death by poison.

Phyllis: You know, you know Jeremy Stark coerced me into that. He threatened me and my family.

Danny: First of all, you cut down a beautiful piece of gray velour in the prime of its life. Second, Stark coercing you into doing anything is about as likely as him teaching a bull shark to crochet.

Phyllis: You don’t believe me? You don’t believe me.

Danny: Pull the other one. It’s got bells on.

Phyllis: Woe is me! Why is life so cruel? Everywhere I go, people gaze hatefully upon my poor self, judging and whispering, pointing and shunning. They might as well brand my chest with a scarlet P for Pariah.

Danny: Beats the tube socks with lemons you’ve got there now.

@@@@@@@@@

Jack: I was so busy this afternoon trying to untangle Kyle’s pompadour strays from the ceiling fan that I forgot to check my emails.

Billy: Fuckin’ Kyle.

Jack: Got something from Adam right here. Well, well, well, this is quite the email.

Billy: Did he, uh, say anything about me?

Jack: He sure did. Huh, I never considered what would happen if scientists put the Hadron Collider inside a nasal gravitational anomaly.

Billy: I’m not surprised he’s thinking about me and colliding hard ons. Did he have any dirt on Tucker?

Jack: He sent me a fucking landfill.

Billy: What concessions did you have to make? I hope you realize I’ll only give handies to protect our father’s legacy.

Jack: It was free. I think he gave it to me for the lulz.

Billy: Nothing is free when it comes to Adam Newman. Just tell me what sick, depraved acts you signed me up for so I can prepare myself.

Jack: Having no friends, you may be unaware that people do favors for those they like and respect. One day, Adam may need a favor from me.

Billy: That’s when you show me your pimp hand and force me to work off your debt to Adam. I get it. So give me the deets on the dirt.

Jack: Tucker and Audra covered up a cover up of a singer’s sex scandal. The singer preyed on underage girls and was eventually arrested for it. Gross.

Billy: I’ll drop a smug bomb on Tucker and leave the hackasaurus to you. I do have one question though.

Jack: You’re not dropping into Tucker’s room Mission Impossible style, so stop asking. His ceiling doesn’t even have an opening.

Billy: I’m planning on crawling through the ventilation system anyway. What I wanted to know is if there was a moment you believed I embezzled that money.

Jack: Duh?

Billy: whistles the Mission Impossible theme song.

@@@@@@@@

Daniel: What’s going on here? From the demonic glow in your eyes, Mom, I’d say Dad is roasting you so hard that you regret not putting on your asbestos underwear this morning.

Danny: I hadn’t even got to the part where I wrote a suck ass song for her memorial as an everlasting middle finger to her memory.

Daniel: Fatality! Noice.

Phyllis: I get it. I really get it. You guys are skeptical. You haven’t seen any changes yet.

Danny: You should have seen her playing the victim, son. She could jump down off that cross and use the wood to build a bridge for getting over herself. We all know she won’t.

Phyllis: You guys know I’m still recovering from the horrific trauma of Stark ruining my lucky scissors. You also know the judge showed me grace and compassion and thought I deserved a second chance. In your face.

Daniel: Have you thought any more about the job I offered you at Omegasphere? You must need the money.

Phyllis: Actually I found the account Jeremy hid my money in. Isn’t that convenient?

Daniel: Reeeeally. Last week, you said you were, and I quote, “cooked like a batch of meth.”

Phyllis: That’s before Michael put a team of investigators on it. He’s very modest about it, to the point of pretending he doesn’t know what you’re talking about if you ask him about it.

Daniel: I’m happy the burden has been lifted. Now you can focus on being a burden to others.

Phyllis: Tell you what. If Nick can’t wheedle Sharon into hiring me, I’ll join your company and be on my best behavior. My very best behavior.

Jack: Scram, kids. Shit’s about to get real here.

Phyllis: I thought I was dead to you.

Jack: I’m zombie hunting now.

@@@@@@@@

Tucker: I was serious about you working at Jabot after I punk Jack Abbot. The plan is already in motion.

Audra: This again? Amuse me. Tell me your grand plan.

Tucker: I’ve made it look like Billy is embezzling from Jabot. Ha ha!

Audra: That’s totally mid. Jack’s not stupid. Billy’s a clown shoe, but even he could figure out it was you.

Tucker: Yeah, it’s great. I want them to know it was me. See, it’s a feint, a distraction. When they zig, I zag.

Audra: What are you distracting them from?

Tucker: Oh, nothing special. Just the atomic wedgie they’ll never see coming. I’ll pull Billy’s thong so far up over his head, he’ll be able to gargle his balls.

Audra: Do you even want Jabot? What are you going to do with a cosmetics company?

Tucker: Do I want Jabot is not the right question. Do Jack and Billy want Jabot is the proper question. They wants it, so I must takes it.

Audra: So we’re back on the revenge bullshit?

Tucker: You have no idea.

@@@@@@@@@@

Diane: May I sit down and watch you drink?

Billy: If you must. I’m imbibing some liquid courage before I go one on one with my nemesis.

Diane: How is a ginger ale going to help you get the drop on a box of Kleenex?

Billy: I’m talking Tucker McCall, the biggest piece of shit to ever be plopped down in dairy country. I’ve tangled with some real deviants in my time. I’ve seen things, man. He’s the worst of them all.

Diane: Did you and Jack come up with a plan?

Billy: Maybe your husband will tell you. If I told you, I’d have to kill you.

Diane: I’ve been in jail, Billy. You don’t want any of this smoke. I’m guessing you still don’t trust me because Tucker filled your head with garbage.

Billy: I have magnanimously given you the benefit of the doubt. Would that you could do the same for me.

Diane: It’s just that you’re a delusional dick who hilariously thinks he’s the most rational, levelheaded person in the family.

Billy: Look, we need to get past all this petty nonsense and be prepared to attack McCall as a well-oiled machine. I’m in the driver’s seat, okay? You and Jack can ride shotgun or eat exhaust fumes.

Diane: You listen to me, asshole.  If you’re good, we might let you ride in the trunk.

@@@@@@@@@

Jack: Do you ever get tired of fucking with me?

Phyllis: Eh, I can take it or leave it.

Jack: I know what you did. You hacked into Jabot’s accounts and transferred money to make it look like Billy was embezzling again.

Phyllis: Did not. Did not.

Jack: You did it for Tucker McCall. Why else would you be caught hanging out with that slime mold?

Phyllis: Sex?

Jack: I think very little of Tucker, but even I wouldn’t put that evil on him. What I don’t get is why you’d do this to the one fool dumb enough to show you a lick of kindness.

Phyllis: I do what I want to who I want, but I didn’t do what you think I did.

Jack: I just don’t understand you. If you’d played it straight, asked for help… admittedly I would have laughed in your face and presented my buttocks for you to kiss.

Phyllis: Fuck you and your accusations, Jack Abbott! This is all your fault. You got the ball rolling the day you treated me like a respectable member of society and put a ring on it. You unleashed me on Genoa City! Every act of violence, skankery and manipulation is on your head, asshole. Now I’m paying the price for your bullshit. A felony is committed, someone’s husband gets humped, an ambulance explodes and all the pitches and torchforks come out. Torches and pitchforks. You and the rest of the judgmental hypocrites can go poop pineapples!

Jack: …

@@@@@@@@@

Daniel: I can only imagine what that’s about.

Danny: Jack? Whatever his beef is, I’m sure it’s legit. He and I are members of a very special, very exclusive club. The dues we paid is valuable years of our life being touched by an asshole.

Daniel: Is Nick in the club?

Danny: He crashed a meeting once, shirtless, nips bouncing like they were on trampolines. Crop dusted the clubhouse and took off in a huff.

Daniel: Do you believe Mom?

Danny: Nope. Do you?

Daniel: You didn’t raise an idiot.

@@@@@@@@

Tucker: See, the Abbott family shattered any chance I had to build a life with Ashley.

Audra: Do you want my opinion?

Tucker: Depends. Does it match mine?

Audra: You’re not going to like it. 

Tucker: You can’t pierce my armor of self regard. Come at me.

Audra: You’re acting like a whiny emo bitch because your marriage fell apart. Jabot means nothing to you. You’re lashing out in pain and anger.

Tucker: I can get better analysis from Sharon.

Audra: I would bet cash money that if Ashley came crawling back, apologized and jumped back into your new business venture, you’d call off this cheap revenge ploy.

Tucker: You couldn’t be more wrong, my little chickadee. I sold McCall in order to fund this exciting new life with Ashley. It was like selling a piece of my soul. Basically the Abbotts stole my soul.

Audra: You sold McCall because it tanked during your journey of self-discovery.

Tucker: Don’t interrupt my flow. Ashley played me like I was her own personal diddle fiddle. It was a masterpiece of manipulation, the push and pull, the teasing me with her lady favors. I actually believed she fell in love with me again. Then, in Paris, she showed me her true colors.

Audra: You mean you showed your true colors by throwing a shit fit because your new bride wouldn’t tell her family to piss off.

Tucker: Whose side are you on?

Audra: Believe it or not, yours. Ashley is in love with you. But you’ll never get her back if you keep up this vendetta.

Tucker: You ever been in love?

Audra: Nah. I kinda thought I was with Noah, but it turns out I was just blissfully half asleep.

@@@@@@@@

Diane leaves Billy at the bar with an “I do freaky nose stuff” sign taped stealthily to his back. She spots Jack sitting at a table with Phyllis. She hovers at a discreet distance.

Jack: Do you see a motherfucking flute in my hands? Do your hear music? Then why are you undulating and spitting venom like a cobra?

Phyllis: I resent your accusations, Jack. Your accusations. She looks up to see Diane watching them converse in a bright red dress. I’m a changed woman. I’m making amends for the horrible THINGS DIANE MADE ME DO THAT’S RIGHT IT IS 50% HER FAULT!

Jack: Oh yeah? Stop writing checks your bony maroney ass can’t cash. Make a gesture of good faith. Hack Tucker McCall.

@@@@@@@@@@

Danny: Despite your mother being a hissing succubus and your sister being an asshole, you seem pretty chill. I’m happy to see it.

Daniel: It’s true. Mom’s like an asshole tree and her little cheek fruit didn’t fall too far away. But I’ve got a good job and I don’t mind when the boss rides me.

Danny: I’m so proud of you.

Daniel: What the hell are you going to do with two years off your tour? You gonna hang out and do drive by roasts of Mom? That would be epic.

Danny: I was hoping to see Christine. We had a really good talk when I was here to sing in memory of numbnuts.

Daniel: She’s in Lisbon with Paul. I guess they’re trying to work things out? He called and asked her to come over, so she hopped on a plane to Portugal.

Danny: Oh. I thought they were getting a divorce. Irreconcilable differences and irremovable jeans.

Daniel: Pretty weird to be cock blocked by another man’s tight pants, huh?

@@@@@@@@@@

Tucker: Come into my parlor, said the spider to the fly.

Billy: Yeah, well, talk to this fly. Billy aggressively grabs his own junk.

Tucker: I hope that never shows up in one of those artsy fartsy flashbacks.

Billy: It’s time to throw down, Tucker. I’m putting all my cards on the table, except for the ones I’m going to shove sideways up your ass. You’re going to step off Jabot, bro.

Tucker: You’re dressed like a burglar yet you knocked on my door. I don’t buy your commitment to the bit. Sorry.

Billy: I’m not here to suck my own dick, Tucker. I mean business. Jack and I know about you and Audra and the perv you had signed to your record label. What was that sound? Was it your sphincter slamming shut in defeat?

Tucker: You dropped your phone. Dumbass.

Edited by NinjaPenguins
  • Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

OK i'm gonna be a bitch to say this but isn't Ashley ....a little too old... to be pregnant?

lol for sure!

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I meant AUDRA would be pregnant.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Danny: I hadn’t even got to the part where I wrote a suck ass song for her memorial as an everlasting middle finger to her memory.

So true. 🖤 And such a brilliant idea! Love, love, love this.

16 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Tucker: I can get better analysis from Sharon.

Oh, snap! The blows don't get any lower than that.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Danny was much too kind to Phyllis. She put her kids through hell, there should be no forgiveness. To top it off she doesn’t appreciate Daniel offering her a job. Jack should have told Danny and Daniel what she did so they both know she is up to her old tricks. 
Poor Danny looked downright sad that Christine is with Paul. I think he should court Traci Abbott. 
Esther needs to be fired immediately! Who is she to be so shitty to Sharon’s customers? What a salty bitter old maid. 
What exactly is Tucker going to do to take down the Abbott’s? Snark them out of their company? This stuff is stupid!

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

What exactly is Tucker going to do to take down the Abbott’s? Snark them out of their company?

If anyone can do it, it’s Tucker McCall. I just wish he’d direct his ire toward Billy and away from Jack. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I just wish he’d direct his ire toward Billy and away from Jack. 

Maybe if PB would play "Jack" with a little bit less of a pompous air about him, I would wish the same thing; but, as it is, I would love to see "Jack" brought down in flames.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

What exactly is Tucker going to do to take down the Abbott’s? Snark them out of their company?

I'm guessing that Tucker is going to play the Abbotts against their own weaknesses, and because they are just that dense, they'll never see it coming - - wanting to see Jack reduced to selling the beauty products he whips up in his kitchen on street corners is one of my guilty pleasures.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/29/2023 at 9:27 AM, Kemper said:

The styles are terrible on these actresses

These are actresses in their 50s and 60s, and there's a theory that some women as they age can't let go of the hair style of their youth.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Wana bet that at some point Dummer and Chance fall into the sack and then she gets back with TLOHL (The love of her life) Vile.  The there will be a WTD and Dummer will figure since Giraffe announced to the whole town that Chance's fishes don't swim, she will just ass-ume it's Vile Jr.

like Kreskin "I predict"

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1

I predict (also) that there will be a disaster at Jack and Diane's party/reception.

Maybe another one of Diane's criminal cronies shows up. 

I vote for Smelly Horse (who I still think turned Delia into roadkill)

Mrs. Martinez shows up with Jack's handsome 20 something son... dumdumdum.

Tucker shows up with the deed? to Jabot and Diane laughs and leaves with him?

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Am I nuts (well, yes), or does Nikki's interviwee's voice have the exact cadence and timbre as Audra's? If I close my eyes it's like ventriloquism! And costume department needs to stop dressing Audra in that awful charmeuse material-she always looks like she's wearing a robe. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Bunnyto4 said:

stop dressing Audra in that awful charmeuse material-she always looks like she's wearing a robe. 

At least it wasn't that green dress that looked like it came from her grandmother's closet.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

Calling it now. Claire Grace is Grace Turner and Cameron Kirsten’s daughter and is going to fight Sharon & Nick for the company. That might be fun. 
Just not another Nick kid please! Though I’m certain she is related to Grace Turner somehow…

• Like 3
  • Useful 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, pvandal said:

Calling it now. Claire Grace is Grace Turner and Cameron Kirsten’s daughter and is going to fight Sharon & Nick for the company.

From the amount of dialogue she got, I was wondering who this Claire person could be, and my guess was that she was going to be causing drama in someone's life, but I thought it was going to be either Nikki or Audra, but your call, pvandal, seems the most likely - wow, wow, wow a new character's in town!!!!

. . . but I echo your hope that she doesn't turn out to have been fathered by Nick from one of the times he hopped in the sack with Grace.

. . . or Grace did have that little fling with Michael Baldwin, so could he be Claire's daddy?

• Like 3
  • Useful 7

So is Nick going to punch Adam for kissing Sally?

Will it dawn on Nick that after failing to get Sally to say she is in love with him that maybe, just maybe she is in love with Adam? I mean, she just finished having sex with Nick and blurts out that Adam kissed her. How pathetic is that!

And again, where is poor Christian? Father of the Year was out of town for the week and jumps straight into bed with Sally and spends the night.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

Does Victor have nothing in his closet but black suits and shirts? His constant Johnny Cash look is lazy and boring to me.

New girl Claire is bad at sucking up--so far, anyway. She said Society is "so hip"? Pshht, not to anyone under the age of 71.

Claire has an MBA from Wharton. Okay, academically she is no slouch. But she's hella overeducated for those Newman rubes. Except Harvard alum Adam, of course. 💞

I think Audra's going to be feeling a way about Claire because Claire might become a threat on the job front at NM. Interesting how she slid Tucker's name into the convo and alluded to Audra's former employment by him. Audra knows Nikki doesn't want to be reminded of that.

Nick's timing sucks. Now he wants Sally to say she's in love with him? Hah, he'll be lucky if she doesn't accidentally call him "Adam" while they're locking lips.

Was Victoria humoring Victor by saying she accepts his return to the CEO chair? Ehh, I'm not sure blaming all the NE/NM problems on Adam is the way she wants to go. Still makes her look petty and spoiled IMO.

Shut up, Nate. You're threatened by Adam, as well you should be. He'll easily be tap-dancing right over your overconfident hide and you know it.

Yikes, Sally looked like she wanted to vomit while laying there in Nick's arms. Nick might want to switch up his deodorant, or get dewormed.

Claire is an orphan. Hmm, how convenient. (I'm liking the idea that she's the offspring of Grace Turner and Cameron Kirsten. Then she'd only be half an orphan. 😏)

Oof, Vikki's morning wasn't going great. Daddy CEO just told her to FAFO. Meanwhile, wait until Victor learns Nick canceled their lunch date because of that SallySpectra woman.

SALLY, NOOOOOO!!!!! You don't blurt something like that out, especially to a hothead like Nick. She better admit she didn't exactly pull away when Adam kissed her.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nick's timing sucks. Now he wants Sally to say she's in love with him? Hah, he'll be lucky if she doesn't accidentally call him "Adam" while they're locking lips.

Hell, I'm surprised she hasn't called out Adam's name when they're locking...other things. 😉

• LOL 13

Why does Smugly Smug Smug have to be a prick to Adam in talking down to Adam?  Rhetorical question because the answer is that Smugly Smug Smug is a condescending prick. Beside, who the fuck is Smugly Smug Smug to chastise Adam for far worse things he’s done himself. Protect NM my ass, he’s only protecting his ass and the scheme he has cooked up with Audra.  Hey Smugly Smug Smug, why don’t you ask Devon and Lily if they think you are a good and decent man. The only reason you were redeemed is because Groucho🥸🥸🥸 has an infinity for men who are not a good and decent man.  To boot Smugly Smug Smug you are a lier. You told Victor you were cautiously optimistic when we all know that’s you’re not optimistic at all. 

Doesn’t Banana Breath have a child and a home to go too?  Oh I forgot, in Sally’s eyes he’s a fantastic father and can take care of Christian even if he’s not there. 

I find it quite appropriate for Nikki and Audra interviewing for an assistants job that has more education than either of them. We know that Nikki didn’t go to college but we don’t know or if it was mentioned that Audra even has a college degree.  It’s like Adam, with a MBA, is Smugly Smug Smug and Claire, with a MBA, is interviewing for an assistants position. 

Sally told Banana Breath that Adam kissed me but is she going to tell him how much she enjoyed it?  

At first glance, when I first saw Claire, I immediately thought that she has a resemblance to Abby. Then I read that the actress actually played a young Abby years ago. 

I wouldn’t mind, at all, if Claire is a trouble maker but I would mind if she becomes a love interest for Kyle. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I wouldn’t mind, at all, if Claire is a trouble maker

pvandal thinks that Claire Grace is the daughter of Grace Turner and Cameron Kirsten who is in town to take back Kirsten, LTD from Sharon, while Terrell Smith of "whattowatch" is guessing that she's one of the underage girls victimized by the predatory singer with McCall Music and that she may be in town to exact revenge from Tucker and Audra for having covered up that singer's crimes - I think that whatever the case, Claire Grace being in town spells trouble for someone, and I can't wait to see how that works out.

• Like 11
  • Useful 3

Waldo 13 said - We know that Nikki didn’t go to college but we don’t know or if it was mentioned that Audra even has a college degree.

I remember, back when Audra first came to town, her and Noah talking and her pursuing a degree in business came up, in reference to her abandoning her art career.  At least that's what I think I remember.....

I cry Foul on Nick for most everything, and think everyone who gets anywhere near him should preventively spray him with Lysol if he approaches within six feet, but I call Foulest of the Foul on his new insistence that he's in love with Sally.

It's not all that long ago, even when she was pregnant and she wasn't sure who the father was, that Nick made it clear that while he was standing by her, he wasn't at all sure he wanted to do more than that.  He also told the same to pretty much anyone who would listen.  So if he pretends to be all butt hurt now if Sally doesn't declare her everlasting lub, he can stick his head back up his ever-increasing butt and see if he can find Carmen Sandiego in there.

If only ButtBiscuit would vacumn him up in his nostrils, never to be seen again.  Or smelled.

Edited by boes
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

I'm surprised she hasn't called out Adam's name when they're locking...other things. 😉

Right? The thing with Nick though is Sally's likely too busy wondering if it's even in yet. 😼

Nick made it clear that while he was standing by her, he wasn't at all sure he wanted to do more than that.  He also told the same to pretty much anyone who would listen. 

Yeah, I got confused when he said he had told her months ago that he was in love with her because it seemed to me he did the exact opposite, short of telling her he hated her. So either JG is retconning, or he's gaslighting us again.

I wouldn't even care but if this development is leading to them breaking up, it better not mean this new chick Claire Grace is for Nick. I want her to be with Adam, for a while anyway. Let Sally see what Adam has felt like, and let Nick cool his jets. (Plus, there are spumors Claire is Nick's daughter. Holy incest, Batman!)

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, boes said:

I remember, back when Audra first came to town, her and Noah talking and her pursuing a degree in business came up, in reference to her abandoning her art career.  At least that's what I think I remember.....

It’s quite possible that Audra never perused that degree in GC unless she received a degree from the same place Sharon received her degree, the magical Cracker Jack Box.  

• Wink 1
  • LOL 6