Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Sharon’s neon blouse with the bedazzles and fringe! Looks like Annie Oakley fell into a vat of badly-tinted paint. The kind you find at the paint store reject pile for 1/2 off. 

Nick - he is terrible acting-wise and then the scalped, jelled hair that makes his chipmunk cheeks blinding. With a permanent scowl.  I would rather watch Nate at this point. He is a better actor and is better styled.

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Yesterday was such a shit show and yet that doesn't even begin to.cover it, does it? The best bit for me was Kid Pomp trying to take his tiny hands and slap his tiny peepee on the bar and threaten Adam. That? Was comedy gold right there! I guffawed aloud! I thought the actor playing Adam was going to burst out laughing, I know I did. It was seriously like a Monty Python skit at this point...

"Noooobody likes Kid Pomp! Kid Pomp...and Grampire. Noooobody likes Kid Pomp and Grampire! Annnddd, Side Part. Noooobody likes Kid Pomp, Grampire, and Side Part! Annnndddd MoP. Nooooobody likes Kid Pomp, Grampire, Side Part, and Mop!..."

Edited by surfgirl
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MollyB said:

Yeah, why didn't he phone/text that he was back-especially since it was a day early? 

Doesn't phone because it's a huge ego boost for him when he bursts into her room and she squeals with excitement and jumps into his arms - imagine a scene, though, where Nick bursts unannounced into Sally's room, only to find her in bed with . . . The room service waiter? The plumber who came to fix the leak in the bathroom? The assistant manager?

• Applause 2
  • LOL 9

Nickduhlaus calls Adam selfish. WTAF, dude? He literally saved Faith's life - twice - from a tornado and one of his only two kidneys is in her body. Ungrateful asshole.

As are Drinkki and Pricktor. Drinkki will never ever admit that she hates Adam because he's Hope's child, a woman she couldn't live up to in a thousand ages.

ITA with PP who say Adam needs to go scorched earth and form his own empire to take down NE. I had to laugh (sarcastically, of course) when Adam rightly called Pricktor out for his shady shenanigans and dead ol Pop (I meant dear, but I'm leaving the typo because yup) snarled "We're not talking about my criminal acts now, which include caging a man and forcing him to eat rats, we're talking about you!" 

Pouf, ahem, PuppyDog, don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

F3q2OxJXcAY3Dgd?format=jpg&name=small

Audra, honey, help me understand why you aren't breaking off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar instead of consta-bedding Dummer's leftovers? I like you, but you in danger, girl.

Speaking of man-candy, let's take a moment to appreciate TSJ's well-put-together Tucker.

F3wcVheXoAA8o3Z?format=jpg&name=small

Sally and Nick - the less said about this worst pairing since Cockroach tongue-kissed her half-brother, Scott, the better. Although stop blaming Adam for everything. Next thing you know, she'll be blaming Adam for her faking dying in Los Angeles. This is what show does to me, character I used to love, I'm beginning to loathe. Those I loathe, I hate even more. 

Finally, what in Western Barbie hell is this? And in highlighter yellow, too. 

F3wOOEwagAAbhbl?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

TSJ's well-put-together Tucker

TSJ is 51-years-old, so I'm guessing that six-pack was the result of many hours spent in the gym getting ready for that scene.

"in highlighter yellow, too" It makes her face look very, very orange.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Did Victor tell Sally that she didn't have a job at NE because he'd decided that there was never, ever going to be a design division at NE because she showed up in person to accept the job wearing tight, black leather pants, because talk about an inappropriate outfit to have on when you go to tell your presumed future employer that you've accepted their job offer; and wondering what the fall-out will be from Sally not having a job NE after giving up the one she had with Chancellor-Winters, will Nick ride to her rescue?

• Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I've decided that if Adam is the sociopath that Queen Nikki paints him as being, that Nick would have died over a decade ago in an exquisitely designed "accident" while on vacation - - Nikki is so threatened by Adam's existence, that her implacatable animus towards him oozes from every pore and the mere mention of his name causes her face to turn a violent shade of red and steam to burst forth from her ears.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

But Victoria, sending your kids away so you could focus on your relationship is exactly what you did with Ashland. In fact, part of the time Lily was raising your kids. Billy has you dead to rights on your personal priorities faults so hush.

I stay fascinated at how people just drop by the ranch like they assume Victor is keeping open visitation hours. His body might be practically fused to the black chair but he's not necessarily receiving guests.

Wait, what? Is Victor about to put Nate in charge of Adustus? I can't see that sitting well with Sharon or Nick, not to mention Adam.

Nicholas. Sally isn't being put into an awkward position with Adam; she's willfully letting him slowly inch closer to her. I think your relationship with her will always be on borrowed time as long as your baby bro is around.

Nate was being so doe-eyed earnest with Victoria. He even expressed detailed interest in her kids' lives. It has to be a ploy, right? 🤔

SNA Media. Lol, if Adam quits (or Victor 86es him) will Sharon and Nick have to cut off the "A" and only call it SN Media?

And now you know, Sally. Victor shivved you on the design job, just like Chloe warned you he would. You flew too close to the sun Death Star.

Wow, Nate dropped the L word and Victoria still brushed him off. He might not be able to dig himself out of this hole. Oh darn, Part. 🥳🥳🥳

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

TSJ is 51-years-old, so I'm guessing that six-pack was the result of many hours spent in the gym getting ready for that scene.

50 is the new 30. 😏

TSJ has always looked to me like he keeps his body tight. The only thing I found surprising in the above photo is his arms. The size of them isn't very apparent in the shirts he wears on the show.

what in Western Barbie hell is this? And in highlighter yellow, too. 

I sure hope Worn on TV posts Sharon's top from today because I gotta know who would design such a monstrosity and how much they're charging for it.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

Instead of Banana Breath being a bull in the china shop we have a gorilla raging in the coffee shop.  Yes Banana Breath, you self righteous ass hole, it’s your success not the companies success but of course Sharon says nothing.  With Banana Breath it’s always what have you done for me lately. It’s been a while since Adam saved your life or gave Faith a kidney.  Banana Breath is most upset about now is not business, it’s personal.  Banana Breath is upset that he knows that Adam loves Sally more than he ever could.  He constantly has to mark his territory by spreading “love juice” on Sally.  

I’m getting sick and tired of the monkeys with a keyboard having Adam sitting at the bottom of an outhouse having 💩 💩💩 dropped on him constantly like Adam is saying “Please sir I want some more”.  I’m also tired of all the ne’er-do-wells, of GC, rise to the top. 

All the time Smugly Smug Smug was talking to Victor, I was wondering when Victor was going to offer him a breath mint from all that 🐂💩 he was spewing or at least break out a can of Febreze.  So Victor gives Smugly Smug Smug the projections for A/L. Is this a test?  He is a doctor not business school educated like Adam. Victor expects Smugly Smug Smug to know more about business than Adam. Adam even knows more about business than Cruella, the art major.  Cruella and Smugly Smug Smug may see numbers, but with a true business school education, the number actually will talk to you.  

Sharon and Banana Breath do think the merger is a good idea but Sharon thinks that he’s against the idea because he wants to keep Adam down. You’re only 25% correct. It’s mostly because he wants to keep Cruella happy.  In looking at Sharon today, I found that wisp of highlight, in her hair, just above the ear kept me from being distracted from her face not moving when she is talking to Banana Breath. Only her recently fill lips are moving. Sharon please do me two favors. Grow old gracefully and do not wear your hair pulled back.  

Tell me Cruella, how different is Smugly Smug Smug from Adam. When you describe Smugly Smug Smug to Nostrils, you could have given the same attributes to Adam. The difference is you absolutely hate Adam, the interloper.  Cruella admit it, Smugly Smug Smug’s best attribute is his “one eyed snake”.  

Of course Victor’s offer, to Sally, was a test just like the one to give up the baby and leave town. Why should Sally be any different?  Victor gets off on testing people. We’ll accept for Cruella. 

Now that Sally is out of a job, she should become a psychologist. Sally would be much better than Sharon. In one conversation, she got Adam to see the light. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
On 8/16/2023 at 8:16 PM, Jaded said:

I thought Johnny and Katie got sent to boarding school or something?

It's kind of sad that Victoria/ Amelia seems to have more chemistry with the guys who play her siblings, instead of the men they've actually paired her up with since Billy Miller left.

I thought Burgi lit her fire too

23 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Nicks face when he saw Sally at Adam’s place. He remembered to pee outside Sally’s door but didn’t think about her going to Adam. 
Bun isn’t as sharp as usual. She’s letting Part blow smoke up her pencil skirts. All she could do was bash Adam instead of being angered that Nate was team Audra until it was almost too late. 
 Kyle looks stupid trying to stand up to Tucker and Adam. 
Audra! Put a new shirt on. She’s been all over town, meeting with everyone. Had nook nook with Kyle and put the same blouse back on? This show has gone too far.

I do like Sally's hair color. It seems more natural.  Nikki is looking good almost like she got reduction surgery to help her bad back. Adam is looking good. 

Nick looks ... thick

Victoria looks like a purse dog in a wig,

• LOL 11
29 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

I thought Burgi lit her fire too.

I forgot about Burgi. He did bring her to the land of the living. Too bad that whole mess around his firing happened.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

I know many mysterious and wunnerful things happened today in our own little slice of a Wisconsin cheddar version of Oz, but I can't quite get past Sharon, all gussied up in her Dale Evans drag, giving advice to her little horsie Buttermilk a-settin' right thar at the table with her in the olde Crimson Lights bunkhouse.

Yep, there she was, trying to talk sense to that horses ass of an ex-husband while all he could do was snort and stomp his hooves in a desperate effort to count to 10.  Then, in walks Black Bart, the baddest and orneriest in the entire old west dairy country - and it all ended with a song in their hearts.

Nobody but nobody is going to tell me that peace in valley wasn't brought about by Sharon's old west rodeo wear.  Nobody.

Forget Nadia's theme.  The new Genoa City anthem is

Meanwhile, at the actual ranch, Victor broke our little gal's heart when he told her he wasn't having none of her danged fripperies and do-dads and antimacassars decorating business in HIS dang company.  Whatever will she do now?  Will Victor tie her to the railroad track next?

ButtBiscuit and little Nell were at the chuck wagon, discussing the fate of their own two little buckaroos until ButtBiscuit decided to go all in on her going to the hoedown with that shady Side Part.  Victoria admitted that Mr. Part did drive her buggy right well and ButtBiscuit said he understands cuz it takes a varmit to know a varmit.  Also, they had both ordered the chuck wagon special, which happened to be Varmit on the half shell.

Will there be a shoot out?  Will someone rescue Sharon before Black Bart carries her away from her faithful horse, Buttermilk?  Will Victor ever get out of that chair or is he doomed to ride the prairies of Genoa City constantly seated?  Will Sharon be wearing that Texas Hold em top all of next week?

Tune in tomorrow for more horseshit.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 12

I’ve never quite developed a taste for westerns in my four decades of reading and watching television. Now I see the problem. Boes wasn’t writing them.

P.S. Because I need new specs, I kept reading Nell as Neil and wondered how Victoria earned that nickname. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

That nasty old man taking away Sally’s job so he can babysit his 50 year old kids. Hopefully, SNA hires her. Hey if they add Phyllis to the title they could be SNAP. The shows been so dumb lately, why not go a step further.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I’ve never quite developed a taste for westerns in my four decades of reading and watching television. Now I see the problem. Boes wasn’t writing them.

P.S. Because I need new specs, I kept reading Nell as Neil and wondered how Victoria earned that nickname. 

I love Boes take on equating the Roy Rodger’s Show into yesterdays episode. I would surmise that Boes called Cruella, Little Nell to depict her as a frail little girl of Dickens fame, as a contradiction of her personality. The Roy Rodgers character was Nellybelle, the Jeep, which Smugly Smug Smug loves to drive.  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11

Sigh, I just did a deep dive on the googles to find the source of Sharon's disco rodeo blouse. It is nowhere to be found. I'm now guessing it was custom made/bespoke and the person who designed it doesn't want the credit. Or the embarrassment. 😏

That nasty old man taking away Sally’s job so he can babysit his 50 year old kids. Hopefully, SNA hires her. Hey if they add Phyllis to the title they could be SNAP. The shows been so dumb lately, why not go a step further.

Tee, SNAP. I like it.

Ugh, Victor can take a flying leap with his mind games. I don't think he ever intended to create a new NE division for Sally to run, especially since he never discussed it with Victoria. This was a lesson Sally needed to learn: the guy who goes to the effort to compile a dossier of dirt on you probably isn't ever going to do you any favors.

If they do hire Sally things could get interesting between her and Phyllis. Phyllis and Summer still blame Sally for putting Summer in a position to help Jabot acquire Marchetti. And Summer and Phyllis aren't thrilled to see Nick in a relationship with Sally.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

I think it’s time to change Cruella’s nickname. I’m going to call her Groucho because she resembles Groucho Marx. Not only because of her personality but because of her eyebrows. Now all she needs is a mustache and a cigar.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

I think it’s time to change Cruella’s nickname. I’m going to call her Groucho because she resembles Groucho Marx. Not only because of her personality but because of her eyebrows. Now all she needs is a mustache and a cigar.

I was thinking Joan Crawford but Groucho works. Plus as soon as someone mentions Adam she gets grouchy. 

Did she decide to send the kids away? Butt Biscuit needs to fight her on that. Quit worrying about Ashley, Jack  and con artist canoodles.

I hope Nate is fired and broken up with at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

Well, I tuned in today for the privilege of watching Ashley alternate between being an insecure harpy, or a neverending nag. Her ego defenses crashing on the honeymoon morn, because of her nightstalking of Tucker, didn't say strong feminist to me. Which would be one more reason for her to re-engage with a bra. Her team sagging into her waist looks horrible. The runaway Connor focus today made me think that it was a show device that will be sending him away soon to live in the "Land of Unseen GC Spawn." Is that post nuptial only addressing divorce? Somehow I got a creepy feeling Diane and Tucker are in cahoots, and Auntie Jack had just been sent to Death Row. Also, from the look of things, the number of commercials CBS sells and runs during this show, don't seem to correlate with revenues coming BACK to the show's production budget.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

If it's Friday Sally must be blaming Adam for something else gone wrong in her life.  🙄

Speaking of prenups, bet Ashley didn't get Tucker to sign one either. Hmm.

Okay, I have to take back some of the trash I talked about JG. Today he showed us that Tucker going alone to the GCAC bar on his wedding night wasn't a continuity error. Lah-de-dah.

Poor Connor, having to bare his soul to the last person he should be taking advice from. Next thing he knows, he'll have a gambling addiction and will be shopping for a yacht.

Aw, Jack. Now you have to wonder whether Diane will arrange to become your widow. I know you love her but you better make sure your will is up to date. Just sayin'.

Ew on the peach fuzz on Tucker's chest. But otherwise, hey Tucker, how you doin'? And why have you been hiding all you've got going on? I'm thinking you and Chance should have a "flex the pecs" contest. 🤪😍🥴

I can't imagine what Connor's schoolmates would know about Adam. Some of their parents must work at NE and repeat the office gossip at home.

Anita!?!!??! If Connor wants to move in with Grandma Grifter he really must be upset about his GC life. Yikes.

Good on Sally for picking up on Connor's unhappy, running-away-from-home vibe and alerting Adam. She might've made a great stepmother for the boy. Meanwhile, I doubt Sally's even met Christian.

Re the previews: Heather vs Lily for the hand of fair Daniel? Catfights and messiness! Let's go!

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

the number of commercials CBS sells and runs during this show, don't seem to correlate with revenues coming BACK to the show's production budget.

They indeed do not. It's my understanding Sony takes a big chunk of the ad revenue off the top. Then several entities including the Bell family and the CBS/Paramount network get their cuts. Finally a relatively small amount lands on Y&R's budget for things like salaries, wardrobe, and sets, Additionally, I think the expenses related to the Y&R 50th anniversary are still having an effect.

Maybe TPTB should follow Victor's example and go get European investors. 😉

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

My 2 thoughts after watching Monday Fridays show: 

1. So is the whole Phyllis fiasco now abruptly swept under the rug?  All those months of build up and nobody is blinking an eye? Sure we will hear comments here and there but the writers owe it to the viewers to have some fallout and show people livid with what she got away with for 2 or 3 days immediately following her court hearing.

2. There were a few times in certain lights that I thought Nick looked like Hitler between his God awful hair and his moustache. Why did a guy his age agree to a haircut like that?

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

2. There were a few times in certain lights that I thought Nick looked like Hitler between his God awful hair and his moustache. Why did a guy his age agree to a haircut like that?

few mwnr ...maybe Mark Harmon ... can pull off the old Marine look.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ok Sally, you blame Adam for Victor changing his mind but you know it has to do with Banana Breath also. So are you also going to blame Banana Breath?  Of course, Banana Breath will redirect total blame to Adam. 

Nostrils gods gift to Chelsea and Connor. So Chelsea allows Nostrils to try to find out what’s wrong with Connor but doesn’t think to call his father?  Nostrils asks Connor how’s school?  Doesn’t he mean Sports Camp. It’s summertime Nostrils, school is out.  Conner doesn’t want to go to back to Walnut Grove, but he can ask to go to the boarding school where Johnny is going. It’s not like Conner has never gone to boarding school.  Did anyone else see the difference between Nostrils talking to Connor and Sally talking to Connor.  Nostrils talked at Connor and Sally talked to Connor. 

Ashley Ashley Ashley you are getting even more intolerable than Taz🌪️.  Pretty soon your teeth will turn blue and you will start flapping your arms. No Caw Caw for you but there is Squawk  Squawk. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

shley Ashley Ashley you are getting even more intolerable than Taz🌪️.  Pretty soon your teeth will turn blue and you will start flapping your arms. No Caw Caw for you but there is Squawk  Squawk

OK, I think with this post we can officially shut down the internet for the evening.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 1
  • LOL 9
50 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Nostrils gods gift to Chelsea and Connor. So Chelsea allows Nostrils to try to find out what’s wrong with Connor but doesn’t think to call his father?  Nostrils asks Connor how’s school?  Doesn’t he mean Sports Camp. It’s summertime Nostrils, school is out.  Conner doesn’t want to go to back to Walnut Grove, but he can ask to go to the boarding school where Johnny is going. It’s not like Conner has never gone to boarding school.  Did anyone else see the difference between Nostrils talking to Connor and Sally talking to Connor.  Nostrils talked at Connor and Sally talked to Connor. 

you were on the exact wavelength as me. Chelsea said she called everyone...yeah, everyone except Adam!  

And yeah, how is school going??? You are about 3 months late to be asking that, you idiot.

And I doubt that Sally would know Christian if she tripped over him. What was Father of the Years first move when he got back from his trip? Daddys, then Sally's then Adams.

Why don't they just have Connor play the video game to get over his depression and build self esteem?

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Somehow I got a creepy feeling Diane and Tucker are in cahoots, and Auntie Jack had just been sent to Death Row.

I've been thinking the same thing for a while.

Should I start watching again? Maybe Bluetooth's story is over for a while and we all can take a well deserved break from her.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Regarding yesterday's show.......

the kid playing Connor did an excellent job, I thought.  Of course, I think anyone who can sit through a scene with ButtBiscuit without punching him in the schnozz is to be commended.

Being counseled by Der ButtBiscuit must be a very unsettling experience.  I would think that poor kid, having to stare into those cavernous nostril pits must have felt like he was having his soul sucked into the Hell Mouth.

Speaking of the Hell Mouth, Tucker sure got a blast from Ashley's.  If he intends to do any more nocturnal wanderings, he'd better put a bell on her.

If I was Jack and somebody promised me breakfast on the terrace and instead gave me nothing but a lousy paper to sign, I'd be both pissed and hungry.  I wish he'd buttered and ate it.  Also, who the hell has champagne at breakfast before going to work, anyway?

For the record, I don't think Diane was doing anything nefarious with the post-nup, or that she and Tucker are partners in crime.  That would be too interesting and too intricate of a storyline for Josh Griffin to come up with.  But, I'm usually wrong about predicting anything, so maybe?

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, boes said:

If I was Jack and somebody promised me breakfast on the terrace and instead gave me nothing but a lousy paper to sign, I'd be both pissed and hungry.  I wish he'd buttered and ate it.  Also, who the hell has champagne at breakfast before going to work, anyway?

Me, too.  Maybe he should have eaten the bed of kale it came on.  (Why kale?)  Healthier than the champagnewithnobubbles that the were sipping.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2023 at 9:00 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sigh, I just did a deep dive on the googles to find the source of Sharon's disco rodeo blouse. It is nowhere to be found. I'm now guessing it was custom made/bespoke and the person who designed it doesn't want the credit. Or the embarrassment. 😏

Quoting myself to update: it turns out to be an off-the-rack blouse from a well-established British designer named Karen Millen. Even Kate Middleton wears her stuff. The top is sold out but apparently it originally went for about $185. (100% polyester though so I guess the cost is mostly for the fringe. 😏)

Worn on TV still wasn't doing SC any favors with this photo they posted:

sharon-yellow-fringe-shirt-white-ruched-

That image is giving Real Sloppy Housewives of Some Podunk Upper Midwest Town to me. But Sharon would probably fit right in at Noah's nightclub in London. 😉

Anyhoo, I had a look around the designer's website and I did see some things on sale I would wear. The price range is generally what you'd find at one of the better department stores.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

See, that's why the whole thing looked shady to me. Why the unnecessary bait and switch? And then Diane plied Jack with alcohol so he'd be less inclined to have second thoughts--at least not right away.

I wondered about the champagne though and sorta convinced myself it was only sparkling water. Unless Jack has a chauffeur, I think it'd be irresponsible for him to drive to work or wherever after knocking back booze on an empty stomach.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 8/17/2023 at 8:08 PM, Waldo13 said:

do not wear your hair pulled back. 

Pulling back your hair, and SC's hair is so tightly pulled back that you can see the strain on the roots, gives you an instant face-lift - but unfortunately for SC, it does nothing to hide her double chin.

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

it turns out to be an off-the-rack blouse from a well-established British designer named Karen Millen. Even Kate Middleton wears her stuff.

I don't care who buys it, or who wears it, although I doubt that Kate Middleton would be caught dead in it, it's still a hideous design in a revolting color.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2023 at 12:06 PM, Waldo13 said:

Not only because of her personality but because of her eyebrows

Groucho Marx is what every terminal fashionista wearing those exaggeratedly thick eyebrows reminds me of, and they don't realize how ridiculous they look because it's all the fashion rage - these are the kind that if having a second nose in the middle of your forehead became a fashion trend, they'd be running out to the nearest plastic surgeon to get one.

On 8/18/2023 at 5:42 PM, MsMalin said:

2. There were a few times in certain lights that I thought Nick looked like Hitler between his God awful hair and his moustache.

All Nick needs is the side bang and the brush-like moustache to complete the picture.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ashley reads Diane and Jack's pre-nup agreement and says that it pretty much states that in the event of a divorce, Diane leaves the marriage with what she brought into it, and I wonder what territory "pretty much" covers, and what it doesn't cover that can be used to negate it in a court-of-law - does it leave an interpretation of the contents that an attorney cleverer than Michael Baldwin can exploit, and since when does what is a legal contract between two people fit onto one page - doesn't such a contract have to include documented proof of what Diane actually did bring into the marriage, doesn't there have to be a financial statement detailing Diane's financial standing at the time of the marriage, a statement, which would certainly have to be more than one page long - and did Jack actually, fully read the contract before signing it, or did he rely on Diane's saying that Michael Baldwin drew it up, and could that, in the course of time, turn out to have been a lie - and what business man of Jack's financial standing would sign a contract without having his own attorney look it over?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I don't care who buys it, or who wears it, although I doubt that Kate Middleton would be caught dead in it, it's still a hideous design in a revolting color.

As my previous though apparently too subtle comments indicated, I'm not a fan of the blouse either. My point was that it was created by a reputable designer perhaps better known to British buyers than those across the pond. She has bona fides I can respect. (BTW, the top also came in white with black fringe, which IMO was slightly less awful-looking.)

Whatever, even the most glorified and successful fashion designers produce mistakes occasionally. I think sometimes after they've been in the business a long time they get bored or temporarily burnt out.

Re Kate Middleton, she let herself be seen in public in this. Sharon's neon mustard yee haw dance party top might've been an improvement:

PmyIQdy.jpg

This looks like the sort of pinup gurl you'd find pasted inside an Oompa-Loompa's work locker. 

Must be all those fumes from burning chocolate. It's damaged their eyesight as well as their taste.

• Hugs 1
  • LOL 8
12 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Which one is "Bluetooth?"

Phyllis

++++++++++

Not only did I dislike that blouse and especially the color, but pairing it with a white skirt was a terrible idea. Black would have been better

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Well, I finally watched Friday’s crackling, romantic cliffhanger of an episode. How does one recap the hairpin twists and turns the plotmobile takes through Genoa City? Are there even words in the English language that can adequately capture the raw intensity? I couldn’t find them.

Connor expressed the most complex and relatable emotions, easily becoming the highlight of the episode. It’s a shame he wasn’t able to reveal the whole truth. The kids at Walnut Grove tease him because his grandpa is undead and loving it, but Connor’s afraid to admit it lest those students get invited to Victor’s and Nikki’s guest cottage made of gingerbread.

Fortunately, Billy was there to offer his wise counsel. Buttbiscuit rappin’ with the yutes is a special treat, my friends. Poor Connor probably keeps wondering why his mother dispatches the local funeral director to advise him. Certainly it’s economical for Billy to get his makeup done where he moonlights, but that doesn’t make him emotionally savvy.

Mad respect for Diane and Jack making important financial decisions based on appeasing Ashley’s bottomless well of spite. Dunking on a sibling with a picture of a legal document is exactly the content I want from veteran soap characters. I’m sad Tucker is moving out of the manse; his interactions with the Abbots made my day. Was it just me, or was Ashley comparatively chill about Tucker’s scandalous tidbit once she realized he wasn’t cheating on her?

Adam would probably get more satisfaction and less pain giving himself a vasectomy with a can opener than he would talking to Sally. It’s Adam’s fault that Victor rescinded the job offer. Huh. I’m sure a man who tried to buy your baby was operating in good faith from the very beginning. But then Adam Adamed and ruined everything. Shut the fuck up, lady. Go keep an eye on Nick; from the looks of his hair, he’s about to start stockpiling weapons and survivalist foodstuffs in the bunker he built to hide from the black helicopters.

On the other hand, Sally’s scenes with Connor were very nicely done. It was sweet that he acknowledged the baby, and Sally made him feel comfortable enough to confess he was running away. She was straightforward about calling Adam while Connor fetched her water instead of tricking him or being a condescending scold. I did chuckle when Sally said she missed Connor. Maybe if he lived up Nick’s azz, she’d see the kid more.

Everyone will be flocking to the town swizzle stick now for ineffective advice and dream interpretation. Dear Buttbiscuit…

• Like 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Go keep an eye on Nick; from the looks of his hair, he’s about to start stockpiling weapons and survivalist foodstuffs in the bunker he built to hide from the black helicopters.

Thank you, NinjaPenguins, that is hilarious because it's such an apt description of his new look.

6 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Sally’s scenes with Connor were very nicely done.

That was such a sweet scene - the poor kid deserved to have at least one understanding adult take him in hand, after mommy and mommy's boyfriend's tone-deaf attempts.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

If TPTB are trying to get us to take Sharon seriously as a big time business mogul, why are they dressing her like a rodeo hooker? Her clothes lately have been so tacky and unflattering. We won’t even talk about that hair!

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Sharon has worn some ugly ill-fitting things in her day, but this was probably the worst ever.  However, pairing it with that white shmatta/diaper made it ten times worse...why couldn't they pair it with a longer black pencil skirt or some nice black trousers ? I know, I know, why do I ask silly questions ? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

Well that was a wonderful week of Adam dumping by 2 arrogant, mediocre chucklefucks with more plot armor than they deserve even if they are cracking Dummer's face. Also by his dogshit family who glosses over the law breaking patriarch & bitchy, short-sighted daughter to clutch their pearls over the shady outsider that got blackmailed. And by Sally who returns the favor of Adam sticking by her while the whole braincell lacking town had a stick up their ass about her past by blaming him for Victor(who historically has undermined her) once again telling her to get bent. 

Yeah last week was so great, I can't wait for this week!! 🙃

Oh! And I would've loved to make fun of Jack & Diane too, but that would involve watching them without falling asleep or Fast forwarding. That's not always possible with this boring show. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2