Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Another issue - a lot of the wardrobe for Phyllis was designed for a younger woman. Many times her clothes do not fit properly. The long stringy hair and blinding chicklet teeth do her no favors. 

Yes, Phyllis' character in dress and personality makes me wonder if the actress is trying to get a Real Housewives' gig? The writers and stylists with the histrionic acting,  dressed age inappropriately, in an excessive cleavage exposing wardrobe, always drinking, screaming, arguing, and arm flapping...doesn't she now seem like she could make a seamless transition into that genre?

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Julyolo said:

Yes, Phyllis' character in dress and personality makes me wonder if the actress is trying to get a Real Housewives' gig? The writers and stylists with the histrionic acting,  dressed age inappropriately, in an excessive cleavage exposing wardrobe, always drinking, screaming, arguing, and arm flapping...doesn't she now seem like she could make a seamless transition into that genre?

This is almost an insult to the Real Housewives harpies. Almost. But really - I would watch this. 😎

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

Abby looked like she'd been bawling her eyes out today about being forced to wear that lavender cotton candy dress. Oh, Chance, the head wound Poppin' Fresh was sporting would have left some blood breadcrumbs on Victoria's floors, not to mention the fireplace. Do the MWT's not realize their audience might have become a little more savvy about crime scene forensics in the last 50 years? Victor did not have to do anything, but leave Ashland where Nick downed him. If he did his cover-up to make Nick and Victoria's lives "easier," it sure doesn't seem to be working out that way. "Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."--Oscar Wilde

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

Why does everyone treat Victoria like a fragile flower?  She is tough as nails; and is the one responsible for Ashland getting to where he "got to" in her family.  The entire debacle. She is also the perfect example of Being Born on First Base and Thinking She Hit a Triple.  But opening and closing folders to look busy is getting old; try putting a computer in front of her; she could at least pretend to be studying the screen while hunting and pecking the keys.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6

Abby’s dress was something for the breakfast crowd at Society. 
Chelsea is over the top happy to spend time with Billy. It’s sickening. 
Nate is rather defensive of Imani. He looks like foolish and stupid. 
I’m glad to see more of Chance and Kevin but is it necessary to care if Ashland died at Victorias or in the car? He wasn’t murdered. 

• Like 7
  • Love 10

I believe this is the third time that Amanda is going offscreen to be with sick Naya, (who's getting an awful lot of storytime for someone we haven't seen in months). It's time to wrap this up, one way or another. It feels like the grandfather's trial, which after all the buildup, took place 98% offscreen. Why is Show doing this?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TVForever said:

I believe this is the third time that Amanda is going offscreen to be with sick Naya, (who's getting an awful lot of storytime for someone we haven't seen in months). It's time to wrap this up, one way or another. It feels like the grandfather's trial, which after all the buildup, took place 98% offscreen. Why is Show doing this?

So Amanda and Imani can attend the off screen funeral. Show does those quite well.

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

Sharon closes her business simply because Nick needs to talk, right now, at her coffeehouse. Priorities: she haz dem. I liked her dress though.

Devon said Billy was one of the smartest guys he knows. He doesn't know a lot a guys, apparently. Wonder why he assumed Nate was trying to badmouth Billy?

Nate was being awfully accommodating toward Devon today. Was he sincere or shining Devon on? I don't know what would've happened overnight to make his attitude change so dramatically. Perhaps Imani is the Nate Whisperer.

Yikes, Abby's dress didn't look very comfortable to me. It was as if there were levers and pulleys underneath to hold the bodice up and push the puffy sleeves down.

After a snooty bad start, Victoria began spilling the Ashland inside story to Billy. Guess she forgot he fancies himself an investigative journalist. And now Billy gets to feel like a hero since he had given Nick a heads-up about Ashland's state of mind. He saved Victoria's life! Tongue bath time! 🙄

The good old conveniently erased security footage plot point. Yawn.

Elena and Nate in matching colors. Ehhh, I don't like that. But dang if Elena didn't zero right in on the sketchiness Imani's been up to with Nate. Bovine excrement is about to collide with the portable air cooling device.

Kevin was actually out running around doing detective stuff on location. Please, he's a law enforcement database analyst. Footwork isn't within his purview, Chance.

Poor Nick having to stand next to Billy in their double-breasted suits. Billy always has the Abbott mens' GQ-esque polish, but I think Nick looked like he was playing dress-up in clothes made for someone else.

Odd interaction between Billy and Abby, particularly the way he tried to put her on the spot about Chance's investigation. Was he showing off for Chelsea? 😒

If only Victor had kept his scheming yap shut and not clued Nick in. Now Nick and Victoria are getting all this agita because he's made them unwitting accomplices in a crime cover-up. Plus Nick has told at least a couple of other people so the web is getting bigger.

Avocado toast. Is that still a thing? 🤢

Re the previews for next week: Adam at Jabot. With Phyllis and Diane. Aw yiss, give me all that guaranteed messiness. Shoot it right into my veins, baby!

He wasn’t murdered

No but what Nick did was definitely manslaughter. Murder is just quicker to type or say, lol. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Ouf that was a horrible dress on Abby, but chance looked very pretty and alive. I had to skip through everything but him and Kevin and Sharon and Nick (surprisingly) because too many of my “not interested in” characters were on.

I really like Amanda but not with any of her scene partners today.

This show feels quite dead when Diane and Sally are off. 

• Like 4
  • Love 11

Who decides what clothing Abby will wear? This morning she was wearing a barely fitting purple night club dress. How the hell is running this wardrobe department?!

I meant “Who” not “How”. Sorry for the mistake.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

The monkeys with a key board stage directions suck the big one. Sharon locks the front door but doesn’t flip the open side over to close or to be back in 15 minutes. Sharon isn’t there another door you didn’t lock line the patio door?  

Banana Breath, you fucking idiot. You just made Sharon an accessory after the fact. 

Holy crap, Nostrils is Natey Nate Nate’s mentor?  Isn’t that the blind leading the blind?  

WTF Olive!  It was Nostrils giving Banana Breath the heads up to save her life. Preposterous!!  It was Adam who alerted the Newmans that King Kong was up to something in the first place. But since it was Adam, Olive brushed off the warnings.  If Olive’s ego didn’t have to be fed, Olive would never had let King Kong in and saving her life would have been a mute point.  

Say what you want about Sharon and how she dresses but her dressed lot more business appropriate than Abby.  It was morning and Abby was dressed like she was going to a cocktail party instead of over seeing breakfast at Society. 

Come on Amanda, can you please produce tears when you cry. You would be a lot more sympathetic.  So your family sent Naya off to a fancy facility in Virginia and she had a stroke but if there was still a fantastic facility near home, she still would of had a stroke and you would be kicking yourself that she didn’t go to Virginia. Would of should of could of.  In the end, it’s all 20/20 hindsight. I know, I’ve been through it more than once. 

You would think that it would be very hard for Olive and Nostrils to give themselves a mutual tongue bath fully clothed but I’m not surprised that they could. 

Olive lives in a heavy wooded area which indicates a rural location. So once again I ask, why is there a gas station nearby where King Kong’s care could be seen parked?  Why not find a place to park in that heavy wooded area so the car would not be seen?  Duh!  

Natey Nate Nate is being a prick towards Elena.  I guess being a prick runs in the family. Natey Nate Nate is actually defending Imani over Elena.  Natey Nate Nate, Elena’s feelings are a hell of a lot more important than Imani unless you have more feelings for Imani than Elena. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Devon said Billy was one of the smartest guys he knows. He doesn't know a lot a guys, apparently. Wonder why he assumed Nate was trying to badmouth Billy?

Good Lord, Billy is a known screw up. I don't call that smart. Its not just what you know but how you use the knowledge and how you live your life that make you smart. He has royally screwed up every relationship and job he's ever had.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yikes, Abby's dress didn't look very comfortable to me. It was as if there were levers and pulleys underneath to hold the bodice up and push the puffy sleeves down.

Those dresses with rouching always remind me of coffin liners, especially when they are satin.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Detective Douchebag and PI Chipmunk were hilarious today! When they went to Katherine Park, the way Kevin kept looking left and right and left and right again, with his eyes buggin' out? Obvious much, Kevin? What a maroon!

• LOL 18
40 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Olive lives in a heavy wooded area which indicates a rural location. So once again I ask, why is there a gas station nearby where King Kong’s care could be seen parked?  Why not find a place to park in that heavy wooded area so the car would not be seen?  Duh!  

I'm not sure why several people said she lives in a heavily wooded area. I remember when she and Billy got married, the house was in a regular suburban neighborhood. In fact it was from a show - I believe Father. Knows Best or something similar. Regardless, I live in a neighborhood and the lawns are large. If you only saw the back of the house you might think I live in a heavily wooded area. The backyards have a large wooded area which one of the neighbors cut a huge amount of trees out last year, forcing a lot of wildlife into the open. Anyway, I'm getting off track. Just minutes down the road in all directions are shopping centers, restaurants etc which I'm sure have cameras. There are no parking areas in the backs of the houses , only in the front.  I guess if you were walking around in the back like Nick and Victoria were you might think its heavily wooded. I am pretty sure her neighborhood and neighbors would have cameras too

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5

I remember when she and Billy got married, the house was in a regular suburban neighborhood. In fact it was from a show - I believe Father. Knows Best or something similar.

Yep, there are video clips of BM Billy and Victoria's wedding on YouTube, and you can see brief shots of the houses across the street. The neighborhood looked like the ones in Desperate Housewives.

Also, I can recall at least one reference to Johnny and Katie going trick-or-treating on their street. It didn't sound like they were out in the sticks.

I think the only residences which are supposed to be outside of town are the Newman Ranch and Sharon's house.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

I'd always thought the Chancellor mausoleum was on the edge of town on Foothill Road and that Chancellor Park was in the center of downtown, but then one day someone walked out the back door and out the back gate beyond where Philip's grave was and ended up in Chancellor Park. I'd love to see a map of where all the key buildings are supposed to be, relative to each other. With a scale bar.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

That was rich today when Nikki was telling Victor to put his "happy family" dreams on hold...in light of the fact of all the antipathy she has for Adam. Such a hypocrite. As for the Diane/Phyllis co-worker scheme, if I was Diane I would have said, "Great idea," left lunch, and gone out and got another job. Let Phyllis, Jack, Kyle, and Summer all get in their seats to watch the grudge match, only to find my letter of resignation!

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

What is wrong with Kyle? Why would he entertain the idea of Phyllis working with Diane? 
Speaking of Odor why can’t they put her in a 2 sleeved dress? Is it in her contract to always have at least one shoulder exposed? 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Don't you just love the pissed off and insulted expressions of Nick and Vic when Chance was questioning them?  As if their hands are totally clean and "nothing to see here, how dare you question us".

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Why are the monkeys with a keyboard even mentioning how Katie and Johnny are feeling about King Kong. It’s like they only know him a short time, he actually never really lived with them, and most likely spent very little time if any with them in family outings.  

Wouldn’t the monkeys with a keyboard even contemplate Summer, Kyle, and Diana watching Harrison playing soccer in the park. Was it that important for Diane workout and spar with Rodan in stead of watching. Summer and Kyle took a lunch break instead of watching Harrison.  Harrison will get over not seeing King Kong anymore just like he got over not seeing his mom.  

Chance 2.0 just proved my point that Olive lives in a rural area. Chance said that the gas station was across the street from the SOUTH END of Olive’s property. Than Chance 2.0 tells Olive and Banana Breath that he walked from the back door of Olive’s house to the gas station which was a HALF MILE through THICK WOODS. Now I’m confused. How does Olive have a half mile of heavy wooded property behind her home if she’s not in a rural area because that would be approximately 300 acres.  That doesn’t sound like a tract home to me.  

Marchetti Home???  Consumer Products???  Isn’t Marchetti is a fashion house?  What in the world do they have to do with consumer products???  It looks like Marchetti home was just a plot point to give Rodan a job.  

Nikki Nikki Nikki, you, Olive, and Banana Breath never accepted Adam as family and you have done all you could to push Adam away.  Nikki you have all sorts of problem with accepting Adam as a step mother but Victor didn’t have a problem in accepting Det Deadwood as a step father. 

Disingenuous strikes again this time looking her daughter in the eye and making bold face lies. Rodan tells Summer she won’t let her down and that she is doing it for her and that she has her back. Rodan wants Diane out of her life and that she thinks it’s best for Diane to be out of Summer’s and Kyle’s life also. That’s why Rodan said they she has their back. 

Here’s another thing that doesn’t make sense. Diane only has an entry level position with PR at Marchetti. Isn’t their a head of the PR department?  Why would Rodan have direct contact with Diane?  Wouldn’t Rodan have direct contact with the head of the department who delegates work to Diane?  

Rodan is looking forward in getting a fancy executive office suit which I bet will be bigger than her “suite” at the Grand Albatross. Speaking of the Grand Albatross, I was never crazy about it’s décor.  To me the lobby is cold and uninviting. What hotel has the checkin desk on the same counter than the bar?  The “suites” are not luxurious at all nothing like the GCAC.  If that’s an example of Rodan’s furnishing ability, she might be better off a sales person at IKEA. I have nothing against IKEA, for office furniture. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Ashland was Katie and Johnny's stepfather but it seems to me they barely knew him. Haven't they been away at boarding school or camp most of the time Victoria was married to him? They're probably acting subdued because this is yet another relationship their mommy has had go bad. Surely they're seeing a pattern and wondering why it keeps happening.

I thought Nikki looked great in that bright red top.

Lol, Chance basically told Vikki and Nick, "I'll keep questioning you lying Newmans until one of you liars decides to stop lying." At this point they should refuse to talk to him without an attorney present.

Jack in his "hip grandpa" sunglasses. Rowr!

Sigh, I have to admit I liked the bright blue on Phyllis. Look at these busybodies out working the bold primary colors. Now all we need is for Ashley to show up in a sunny yellow outfit.

Huh? Why would Ashland get a pauper's burial? He wasn't a pauper. I don't get why the writers are trying to sell this notion that he handed everything he owned over to NE in the merger. That makes no sense. His entire fortune wasn't in his media company. He had real estate all over the world, he had a private jet, he had his own money. This is some b.s. to make it look like the Newmans completely ruined him. No, all they did was snatch back the remainder of the $500M payoff and then kill him.

Phyllis has exquisite taste, Summer? In what universe? In this one I think your mommy's taste looks like it hopped out of a dumpster coated in rancid butter, stale beer, and leftover fried eggs from three days ago.

The decor for a hotel is generally different from home decor. Just sayin'. When has Phyllis ever decorated a house?

Chance, if you think Nick and Victoria will rat out Victor, you better guess again. And you might want to stop showing the Newmans your cards until you're sure you have an unbeatable hand.

Whoa, Summer's dress was a lot--for work, anyway. Seemed to me more like something you'd wear to a garden party or a wedding. The wardrobe people aren't getting a good fix on what Summer's style is, IMO.

Well I'll give Chance points for having the guts to confront Victor alone and on his own turf.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Chance 2.0 just proved my point that Olive lives in a rural area. Chance said that the gas station was across the street from the SOUTH END of Olive’s property. Than Chance 2.0 tells Olive and Banana Breath that he walked from the back door of Olive’s house to the gas station which was a HALF MILE through THICK WOODS. Now I’m confused. How does Olive have a half mile of heavy wooded property behind her home if she’s not in a rural area because that would be approximately 300 acres.  That doesn’t sound like a tract home to me.  

Lol, I think its changing things to fit their agenda. This weekend I looked up the wedding in Youtube. I don't know why but the scene of Victoria and Billy was ingrained in my brain. I remembered the dress, the house etc. It was a rather small house and it did show houses across the street. It was a rather humble house for these people with so much money but I also remember they both wanted a normal family life. The house even had a white picket fence!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Marchetti Home???  Consumer Products???  Isn’t Marchetti is a fashion house?  What in the world do they have to do with consumer products???  It looks like Marchetti home was just a plot point to give Rodan a job.  

Maybe they sell rugs. The kind of rug that you use to roll up a body in. That is her forte.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Lol, I think its changing things to fit their agenda. This weekend I looked up the wedding in Youtube. I don't know why but the scene of Victoria and Billy was ingrained in my brain. I remembered the dress, the house etc. It was a rather small house and it did show houses across the street. It was a rather humble house for these people with so much money but I also remember they both wanted a normal family life. The house even had a white picket fence!

I remember that, too.  Show did everything but say it was the Leave It to Beaver house and the exterior shots looked a lot like it.

I do think it's entirely possible, though, that after years of living near Victoria and ButtBiscuit, that all the neighbors moved away and voluntarily demolished their homes, letting the area revert to nature so no more people would be subjected to living near those two nudniks.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2

Did summer really say that Phyllis has ‘exquisite taste?’ Um, yeah okay. And now Phyllis is going to ‘clandestinely’ undermine Diane. I’m sure it’s way too much to ask, but I really hope Summer and Kyle catch her in the act and kidk her sorry ass to the curb.

the less said about the latest Newman debacle, the better. Although what a surprise that Nikki clearly told Victor there can be no family unity if Adam is included. Because of course not. He isn’t her child, so therefore he doesn’t count. Heaven forbid the ‘real’ Newman children should give him the time of day. Has he done awful things? Absolutely. But so have they. And yet they continue to get a free pass.

And I really REALLY want Chance to take down Victor. I also want a unicorn.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13

As an architect, Diane has actual design experience and is in theory probably far more qualified for this position than Phyllis. 

Chess has really warped Victor's world-view.  He might want to try another game, like Yahtzee or Candy Land.  Too bad the only game his kids know how to play is Hungry Hungry Hippos.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Although what a surprise that Nikki clearly told Victor there can be no family unity if Adam is included. Because of course not. He isn’t her child, so therefore he doesn’t count. Heaven forbid the ‘real’ Newman children should give him the time of day. Has he done awful things? Absolutely. But so have they. And yet they continue to get a free pass.

Exactly.  Even before Adam did his first awful thing, Nikki (and Victoria and Nick) never had any regard for him.  Perhaps that's the reason he started doing awful things?

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I am curious to see what effect this has on Abby and Chances marriage.  Will she side with Chance or the Newmans?

I don't think that anyone in GC cares who Abby sides with. She's so alone, even owning the restaurant and having lots of people around her.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Chance…those curls, those eyes. Yowza - keeping in mind that I have cookie sheets older than he is.  (thank you Erma Bombeck)

And matching wits with Victor! Yes, I know -   not a high bar. Noah is a “looker” also,  but for some reason has no zing. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

Chance 2.0 are you that thick headed confronting Victor in trying to get him to confess?  Victor, the iconic chess player, is being confronted right in front of his chess board which is one of the symbols of his power.  Here the monkeys with a keyboard actually got the staging correct. Chance 2.0 with all due respect for your detective  skills, you are playing checkers while Victor is playing chess. but still failed with Sharon not locking the patio door. 

Sally has toned it down and is dressing like a true CEO. Even Chloe has the appropriate COO attire. 

Could Jack really be Adam’s father?  Jack gives Adam more fatherly advice than Victor beside being more caring about his well-being.  Jack put forth a very interesting concept with Adam not looking for forgiveness but Adam is looking to forgive.  Jack realizes Adam’s business acumen to offer him a job and Nostrils 🤯 because Nostrils knows that Adam is worthy and he’s just a fucked up useless pretender who failed over and over again at Jabot.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Wait, so Nick and Victoria knew what Victor did wrt Ashland but Nikki was still in the dark? The Newmans are so weird. Either they have no boundaries or too many.

Chloe is on target. Development and integration of their entertainment properties across multiple types of media is the way to go--if you can make it work. For example, I think MCU is a clear success story but DCU is still struggling despite the power of Warner Bros.

I like how Jack still provides positive, non-judgmental support to Adam, even though Adam can make it hard to do so sometimes.

Chloe is aces at pep talks but there one thing she can't give Sally: Adam's D. Poor Sally is still daydreaming about it, lol. Plus her office has all those unfortunate reminders like the couch, the desk, the door, the floor...

And again Sharon closed shop so Nick could get her free dime store therapy. I can't. Plus, I thought he was worried about making Sharon an ersatz co-conspirator?

Countdown to when Victor is calling Jill to tell her to come get her grandson. Or Abby to come collect her husband. He ain't scared of Det. Chance. His eyes were practically rolling out of his head while he was being lowkey interrogated.

Jack neglected to mention to Adam that Phyllis would also be at Marchetti. Hmm. She would not be the kind of surprise to get on your first day at a new job, even if she and Adam are sorta friends.

Really, Chance? The old "oops, I left my phone here" ploy? I was amazed Victoria didn't laugh in your gorgeous face. (Please tell those two aren't being chem-tested. No. 🤨)

Chloe told Sally she and Chance were engaged a long time ago. It must have been while he was still in utero, ha ha. This version of Chance hardly looks old enough to have been dating Chloe back in the day. I'm stunned the writers even went there.

Jack, Jack, Jack. Maybe you shouldn't be trying to defend Adam to Billy. The twain shall never meet between those two and you know why. Billy's just gonna go complain about it on his whinecast regardless.

Oy, now Adam's going to wonder why the coffeehouse was closed in the middle of the day, and what Sharon and Nick were doing in there with their little heads together. Ruh roh.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Is Victor's Baath Party-esque chess board supposed to be intimidating or something? Because it screams insecure new money blowhard who....wait, ok.  Now that I think about, it fits perfectly.  

Meanwhile, I thought Jack was on point today.  Handled Adam basically the exact way that works, with legit praise mixed in with some barbs- those two have a great rapport.  And was surprised/relieved to see how he told Billy to F off.  Jack comes off so much better when he just doesn't care IMO.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Is Victor's Baath Party-esque chess board supposed to be intimidating or something? Because it screams insecure new money blowhard who....wait, ok.  Now that I think about, it fits perfectly.  

Meanwhile, I thought Jack was on point today.  Handled Adam basically the exact way that works, with legit praise mixed in with some barbs- those two have a great rapport.  And was surprised/relieved to see how he told Billy to F off.  Jack comes off so much better when he just doesn't care IMO.  

Doesn't it just?  Everytime Show decides to pull out that chess nonsense I'm only grateful they dropped his pipe smoking and the lounge wear they had him in during the early 90's.  I know Show was going for a "Bond, James Bond" look with Victor but he came off as more a villain in a Muppets movie.

giphy.gif

Today he was both Waldorf AND Statler.  How Chance kept a straight face I'll never know.

Jack and Adam were terrific together.  And then, in stalked the town undertaker in his "Can I interest you in this coffin" ensemble, ButtBiscuit the UnDead.  He looked like someone had woken him up from a century of needed sleep, and at the wrong time of the day.  Imagine running into him in the dark.  Lucky Lily!!

I'm sure Josh Morrow is a nice guy, no reason to think otherwise.  But Show really needs to rethink making him the centerpiece of any dramatic storyline.  The whole time he was struggling in those scenes with Sharon, trying his hardest to bring some gravitas to the story, I kept waiting for him to break dialogue and ask Sharon to "Pull my finger".

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 5

Butt Biscuit needs to have a seat. Does anyone remember JaBoat? He has the nerve to get on Jack about Adam. Although I’ll take Billy to the bare shouldered, low talking, trash box that is Phyllis.

This whole Summer and Kyle being the bosses of Phyllis and Diane is so dumb. Just idiotic. I can’t believe what I’m watching at times.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13

Imani, your so emotional you can’t remember when is your flight?  Put a reminder on your phone dummy. Oh I forgot, you have to remember to put a reminder on your phone.  Imani and Natey Nate Nate, it’s not a very good idea to discuss Devon, your boss, when he holds your future in your hands. Imani, especially you in encouraging Natey Nate Nate to, in a way, even go up against Devon more by putting stupid ideas in Natey Nate Nate’s head.  Imani you are not doing Natey Nate Nate any favors.  All you want is to jump Natey Nate Nate’s bones. Where have we seen this before?  I remember, when Natey Nate Nate and Elena where bitching about Devon.  

Tessa looked fantastic today. I’m not crazy about her dress but I really liked her hair style.  In addition, I think that Tessa has an excellent pout.  I can see Tessa as a model. She’s not a stick but even though Tessa is tall and has a good figure. 

Come on Summer in trying to be non conspicuous as Diane walked into CL. 

Nostrils needs a large mug of STFU. In my eyes Nostrils is more of a trouble maker than Adam. Nostrils is not even worthy of smelling Adam’s farts when it comes to business.  Just when you think that Nostrils is nothing more than an arrogant fuck up, he fools you by being very intuitive in reading Rodan like an open book.  Summer knows about everything that Nostrils was saying to Rodan but Summer is basically choosing  to turn a blind eye because she’s her mother.  

It was quite obvious that the look on Rodan’s face, as she was cupping her hands, Rodan was thinking welcome to my “Marchetti” said the spider to the fly.  Rodan doesn’t understand the concept of “What a web we weave/When first we practice to deceive”.  Rodan Rodan Rodan, of course Summer will be in the line of fire with what could be pinning Summer in making her choose between her and Kyle. Summer doesn’t own Marchetti so she could easily be fired. Jack will always side with Kyle. Rodan doesn’t have to worry about Adam, as Nostrils thinks. Rodan has to be more worried about Kyle if push comes to shove. As I said many times before, Rodan didn’t give 💩💩 about anything or anyone when it comes to what she wants. 

Wow!  Stop the presses, extra extra, shout it from the house tops, let Nostrils do a podcast  about it; Nikki does trust Rodan 😳

Now we have another mystery concerning Abby. How does Abby’s dress stay up?  Did she have to pull it up a few times during the day?  

• Love 11

Momentarily mute Tessa's facial expressions are a riot. Cait Fairbanks must've been a mime in another life. She's fantastic.

Heh, Summer looking up at Diane like, "Darn, where's a good sinkhole when you need one?"

Billy: Jack, did you run this by Ashley, your plan to hire that poisonous snake Adam at Jabot?
Jack: no but she'll be fine with it, eventually.
Billy: eventually. Would that be before she turns you into a gelding or afterward?
Jack: <trademarked grimace>

Summer, you told Diane a business is not a place to hash out your personal grievances. So what did you call yourself doing when you flew to LA on the Jabot jet to get dirt on Sally when she was your co-worker? "Rules for thee, not for me," must be your motto.

Elena does not learn from her mistakes. All she'd have needed is for Nate to walk back into the office and find her discussing his job situation with his boss. Boom goes the dynamite!

Damb, that icy look Diane gave Summer was pure "challenge accepted." Push comes to shove, she knows Kyle would likely side with his mommy vs. his wife if there's trouble at work between Diane and Phyllis.

I don't get Phyllis' reaction to the news Adam might become co-CEO of Jabot. Do she and Adam have beef? I thought they had worked things out.

Abby, while you're out here being so concerned about your big sister's recent troubles, rest assured Victoria isn't giving you or your baby a second thought. She might be getting close to cussing out your husband though, lol.

Quite the little instigator Imani is. And dumba$$ Nate seems to be into it. But if he listens to her he might make things worse with Devon. AFAIC Imani is not the job mentor anybody needs, especially Nate.

Triumvirate. That word didn't quite roll off Phyllis' tongue when she was talking to Nikki. More like it tripped and face-planted. Yikes.

Apparently the plan is to have most of the main characters working at Jabot/Marchetti, C-W, or NE/NM. Bill Bell's corpse must be spinning like a rotisserie chicken hooked up to a V-8 engine to see what they've done to his show. Y&R was once the master of corporate intrigue storylines but this current stuff feels largely forced to me. However, Kyle should hire Chance to model for Marchetti too. I think Chance & Tessa in an ad campaign would be fire.🔥🔥🔥

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5

Did I miss when Jack actually offered Adam the co-CEO job? He offered Adam a job at Jabot, but I don’t recall a mention of the specific job. Billy just zoomed in on it in his talk with Phyllis, like it was a done deal. I hope Adam accepts, if for no other reason than to see Victor’s head explode. 🤣

Nate, if you choose to listen to Imani’s ‘advice,’ you do so at your own risk. Because the minute you even try something like that, you’ll find yourself out on your well-toned ass. There isn’t a chance in hell that Devon will keep you around and your personal relationship, such as it is, will also cease to exist. 

Diane would do well to just go with the flow and not be quite so obvious about her displeasure at Phyllis joining the company. Of course Phyllis has ulterior motives. But better to just sit back and let it explode in her face rather than show how you feel.

I actually enjoyed Billy and Phyllis. Or at least his advice to her. He was spot on and for a split second she seemed to at least have an inkling that he could be right. Of course it didn’t last, but the realization was there that her plan could blow up and cost her Summer.

Love how Abby immediately picked up on Nikki’s not so veiled suggestion that Chance should drop the investigation ‘for everyone’s good.’ And didn’t immediately cower or agree to tell Chance to drop it.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

Did I miss when Jack actually offered Adam the co-CEO job? He offered Adam a job at Jabot, but I don’t recall a mention of the specific job.

Jack said since Kyle is moving over to Marchetti, the job of Jabot co-CEO is vacant. Jack wants to be able to spend time with Harrison during the day so he wants another co-CEO in place to pick up the slack. That is the job he offered to Adam.

Chance was a virgin when Chloe started chasing him. He was saving himself for marriage, but after they slept together he proposed.

Yes, and the actor who played that version of Chance is over 40 now. EH (Chloe) is also in her early 40s. The actor currently playing Chance is somewhere between 25 and 29 according to the googles. Unless he's supposed to be playing much older than he actually is, his version of Chance would not have been above the age of consent when he was with Chloe.

I really don't understand why the show had Chloe bring up that she was engaged to Chance, knowing that their ages don't line up well. Seems to me a lot of Chance's history is iffy now because the actor playing him is so much younger.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Momentarily mute Tessa's facial expressions are a riot. Cait Fairbanks must've been a mime in another life. She's fantastic.

If you're going to have a mute character..well, it should be Phyllis.  BUT, otherwise, Cait Fairbanks is the perfect fit.  I've always loved her background reactions and they're clearly serving well here.

Today was a lot of smoke being blown.  Victoria, the toughest person anyone knows?  Phyllis, savvy?  Victoria keeps getting herself victimized and can't manage independence from her own father, and Phyllis is a 4 year old going on 60.  

Because Phyllis just made her VERY first mistake with mean old Jack, and deserves a second chance.   Never mind she's bantering it up with his brother who she cheated with.  Who also humiliated her daughter, but for some reason she's not a FIERCE hardass mother over that one?

If Abby were smart (ahem..yes, I know), she'd just keep a polite distance from the rest of the Newmans.  She's done far better than the others in part because of it, and they frankly do not care about her as actual family. 

Lol, everyone is going to be working at Marchetti.  Except actual Italians, apparently.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Imani is playing a very dangerous game.  If she's not very careful, she just might end up ousting Elena from Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate's life and then she'll be stuck with him.  Wanting what someone else has might be her favorite game, but if Nate is the prize she going to find out in excruciating detail what boredom is, up close and personal.  

It's always such fun to hear ButtBiscuit describe other people so accurately that you'd think he was talking about himself.  That applies to what he's had to say about Adam and to Phyllis about herself.  Yeah, he's right about her, but the man with the Jaboat captain's hat, who sunk Brash and Sassy, cost Jabot half a billion bucks, cheated with his brother's wife, slept with his almost stepdaughter and walked around town MORE THAN ONCE in flood pants and blinding white tennies is so totally blind to his own shortcomings I'm surprised he hasn't walked right into traffic or off a ledge on into Society's brick pizza oven at least once daily.

All of which I'd love to see.

While ButtBiscuit's opinion is worth even less than his fashion sense, Adam working at Jabot should be problematic, considering what he put Ashley through, as well as his role in Delia's death.  I'm liking Adam more than I ever thought possible these days, but those scars are too deep to be papered over, IMO.  Jack should get blowback from Ashley on that job offer.  He can still do it, but he better be prepared to suffer through her anger.

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, JNavarro said:

If you're going to have a mute character..well, it should be Phyllis.  BUT, otherwise, Cait Fairbanks is the perfect fit.  I've always loved her background reactions and they're clearly serving well here.

The weirdest part of the SL was that Tessa looked like she was dressed to pop out to a store to buy a cute new pair of sunglasses to match her sundress, but left and returned from "vocal chord surgery" and the only difference was that she was mute.  Wouldn't such surgery require at least twilight sedation (usually with instructions to wear something comfy & warm & return home to rest afterwards)? 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2

Olive is actually making sense today in talking to Chance 2.0. In other words, Chance 2.0 shit or get off the pot. 

Adam and Abby are really the two outsiders and Nikki, Banana Breath, and Olive like to keep it that way.  They are considered family in name only. 

I have a question:  Is Chloe’s interactions with Sally and Chelsea before her really out of concern for them or concern for her job.  To me Chloe is alway a Robin to Batman because she could never be Batman.  

Even at odds, Sally’s and Adam’s interactions are 🔥🔥🔥.  

I’m pro Adam teaming up with Chance 2.0 when it comes to Banana Breath and Olive but to take down Victor in the process, I’m not all that happy about. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

"Brazenly defiant." Yeah, Chance, stick it to 'em. Nick and Victoria couldn't be more defiant and brazen. It's the Newman way!

I like how Sally handles Victor. She is utterly chill and doesn't fawn over him the way most people do. Maybe she learned something from dealing with the Forresters and Spencers when she lived in LA. Nouveau riche <> royalty.

Huh? Why would Adam expect Abby to be in cahoots with him on uncovering the Ashland secrets? They're both varying degrees of outsiders in the Newman family but Abby's always had the Abbotts to support her. Adam is without any mooring at all and that's not Abby's problem.

Right, Abby. The place to ask your hubby to share confidential information about an ongoing murder investigation is in a public park where anyone could overhear you. Do these people think Chancellor park has a cone of silence you can switch on so your conversations remain private?

Are you for real, Adam? Sally owes you nothing, the least of which would be access to whatever inside info she might have about Ashland's death. I loved when she called his bluff.

Adam told Sally he would be in touch. Go on, threaten her with some "skin to skin" contact, Adam. You know you want it. 😘

Well Victor, maybe you should've kept your mouth shut about what you did wrt Ashland's corpse instead of telling Nick. That's the only reason Nick, Victoria, and Nikki are now accessories to your crime. Shut up and own your sh!t.

Ehh, not sure I'm here for Chloe always putting herself in between Sally and Adam. Sally needs a galpal but how about one who's more objective? At least Sally knows to filter Chloe's advice.

Now Adam wants to go undercover in Chance's investigation?!?! Pssht, he just wants to get himself into a position where he can be the one to save daddy from getting arrested. Don't fall for it, Chance!

• Like 2
  • Love 10