Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: Support System

jewel21
  • Start Topic

When Cain becomes aware of an emergency situation breaking out at the hospital, he recruits Ezra to help keep it under wraps. Nic works to come up with a support system for a patient in need of a lung transplant. Kit's son-in-law's condition continues to worsen.

Airdate: 03/24/2020

I think this recording will stay on my TV for a bit, just like last week's episode. I haven't had the energy to watch last week's yet because it's got the Red Rock goons in it - Cain & Kim. 

I sincererly cannot stand the Red Rock storyline. Maybe it's just me, but it was the same for me with the cancer doctor (can't remember her name - Lane?) And the faulty hospital equipment storyline. These storylines for me just became unenjoyable to watch, and I end of fast forwarding through.

Give me some old fashioned medicine stories, leave out the overbearing "bad guys/bad corporation/bad equipment/really bad doctor" storylines that continue along for a season. I prefer an episodic (or maybe a few episodes) hospital drama, highlighting specific cases and personnel. Please leave behind annoying family members (thankfully Nic's sis and dad are no longer on) that slow down the show.

But that's just my opinion! I am sure I'll watch the "Red Rock" episodes because I'm basically on lockdown in my house for now. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, hookedontv said:

I think this recording will stay on my TV for a bit, just like last week's episode. I haven't had the energy to watch last week's yet because it's got the Red Rock goons in it - Cain & Kim.

Looks like "the RED ROCK GOONS' are starting to butt heads. This should be interesting and enjoyable to see them take each other down.

• Love 5

Ezra was a disappointment - no integrity, backbone or ethics.   To wait until she died before he acted, e.g., saying anything to Conrad and Prevesh--does not assuage his guilt, imo..     He knew what Cain asked of him was morally wrong but went along with it.  He is NOT redeemed in my eyes regardless of Conrad's ":young, vulnerable intern" outcry..

Not surprised that Kit's son-in-law would have the contaminated ventilator.   

So, Cain has a backstory but will continue to let Kim/Red Rock control him.   A bit uncharacteristic for Cain to confide in Ezra--telling him about what happened when he was an intern--regardless that he was playing on his Ezra's feelings.   Glad Conrad called him out at the end but will it make a difference.   Based on previews for season finale in 2 weeks, doesn't even appear they address this travesty or Kit's son-in-law's dire condition.    I hope there's some type of closure to these dilemmas.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, cathmed said:

Not surprised that Kit's son-in-law would have the contaminated ventilator.   

I am not surprised either but I am disappointed. I like the son-in-law. 

I just kept thinking there had to be a better way to know if the ventilators have been disinfected or not. Like a sign put on them or something saying if they're ready to be used or not. 

• Love 8

Hawkeye on M*A*S*H said something like "The important thing is sincerity.  If you can fake that, you've got it made."  Cain took that lesson to heart.

I'm still hoping for poetic justice for Cain and Kim, since this is fiction.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Three episodes with no Mina.  I'm officially concerned. 

1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

I just kept thinking there had to be a better way to know if the ventilators have been disinfected or not. Like a sign put on them or something saying if they're ready to be used or not. 

This. 

• Love 6

Well, no surprise to me that Kit's son-in-law got the infected machine. I knew it would happen, just because it seemed very obvious that he probably isn't going to make it, judging from the Legacy Book. Of course, once they brought that aspect in, it spelled disaster for the poor guy. Molly needs to chill out, though. She's definitely freaking out a lot...which I guess is understandable, but it's starting to get a bit tiring.

Connor Paolo gets to reunite with Emily VanCamp! Cool! I totally thought that we were about to get him joining in a recurring role. Alas, they found family to take care of him instead. 

Cain's sudden sob story? Nah, show, you're about 19 episodes too late for me to give a shit if Logan knows his secrets and is using him to do his bidding, or whatever. Cain's not a good guy. You should have established Cain with a backstory at LEAST 14 episodes ago. 

Ezra.... *sighs* He's not a good intern if he waited that long to tell Conrad and Devon. He'll need to seriously make up for what he did, because intern or not, he screwed up royally. 

Also, I totally expected Devon to start showing symptoms when he shook the EMT's hand. But with Kit's son-in-law now probably infected...I guess the superbug story isn't quite over. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ezra.... *sighs* He's not a good intern if he waited that long to tell Conrad and Devon. He'll need to seriously make up for what he did, because intern or not, he screwed up royally. 

Screwed up royally = HE (Ezra) SHOULD BE FIRED & BANNED FROM PRACTICING MEDICINE & SUED BY THE PATIENT'S FAMILY!

ETA: Cain should also get the same since it was his coercion that actually caused this.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 7

Yeah, the only "making up for what he did" should be to get fired, have his license permanently revoked, and sued by that family.

Heck, if the authorities find out, he'll probably go to prison. 

Edited by Ohwell
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

So Cain’s big secret from his interning days is that he didn’t say anything when he suspected instruments weren’t disinfected causing 4 people to die. And he didn’t say anything about the instruments...because of fear? Why?? Why would he be afraid to say, “Hey, we should disinfect those one more time just in case”? Was he supposed to disinfect them and thought he did a crappy job, but was too scared to say? Or too scared to call someone out on their crappy job? I know I’m overthinking this, but I’m just so confused!

The Ezra character has got to go!

I don’t want to see Kit’s son-in-law die. :,(

• Like 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Chanandler Bong said:

So Cain’s big secret from his interning days is that he didn’t say anything when he suspected instruments weren’t disinfected causing 4 people to die. And he didn’t say anything about the instruments...because of fear? Why?? Why would he be afraid to say, “Hey, we should disinfect those one more time just in case”? Was he supposed to disinfect them and thought he did a crappy job, but was too scared to say? Or too scared to call someone out on their crappy job? I know I’m overthinking this, but I’m just so confused!

The Ezra character has got to go!

I don’t want to see Kit’s son-in-law die. :,(

The manner in which Cain's character has been built, you can't know or even attempt to read into what he said to Ezra. First off I think it's all bullshit and he just said it as an "admittance" to keep Ezra from turning him in. If there is something, I'll bet it is much more serious that just some instruments that weren't cleaned properly. I wouldn't trust/believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, preeya said:

The manner in which Cain's character has been built, you can't know or even attempt to read into what he said to Ezra. First off I think it's all bullshit and he just said it as an "admittance" to keep Ezra from turning him in. If there is something, I'll bet it is much more serious that just some instruments that weren't cleaned properly. I wouldn't trust/believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

Yes, I believe he was just playing big, dumb Ezra.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 3/24/2020 at 7:40 PM, jewel21 said:

I am not surprised either but I am disappointed. I like the son-in-law. 

YES! It's much less critical in a life-and-death sense to know if a business is open or closed, but we've managed to crack the sign technology to solve that issue! Let's get on this, medical community of The Resident!

23 hours ago, hula-la said:

Emily and Declan. It was like a mini Revenge reunion! 

LOVED THAT! ❤️

23 hours ago, Driad said:

Hawkeye on M*A*S*H said something like "The important thing is sincerity.  If you can fake that, you've got it made."  Cain took that lesson to heart.

I'm still hoping for poetic justice for Cain and Kim, since this is fiction.

That quote has been attributed to a lot of public figures, but I will legitimately love you forever for choosing Hawkeye on M*A*S*H!!!! 😄

• Love 4

I am glad that others thought the frame rate was weird - I thought it was just me being tired from chemo pills today.

Also, I was thinking they were going to end up giving infected vent to EMT and she'd die and make a super superbug or something 😛

I hope they don't kill son in law - maybe just have him acquire a disability or something

• Love 1
On 3/24/2020 at 10:48 PM, Bulldog said:

I've read elsewhere that she may be out filming a movie.

1 hour ago, Zoe said:
On 3/24/2020 at 11:48 PM, Bulldog said:

I've read elsewhere that she may be out filming a movie.

Thank you.  But they could have had someone mention that Mina is away at a conference or something.

• Love 4

In the well-populated history of Single Man Tears that so many male characters have eked out on so many shows - I have never cared about one less than Barrett "But My Stats!" Cain's.

I also really doubt that the only loose end about the true origin of candida auris was the anti fungal bag that was administered to Sophia.  Unless there was no paper trail for the services/payment of disinfecting Dawn Long's room (behind the oh-so-concealing plastic sheets) AND Cain/Kim murdered all of those people who cleaned the room.  Sure, maybe Kim doctored paperwork/payment trails to make it look like it was for AI retrofitting, but the people performing the services know what they were actually doing and that that isn't standard procedure - it was prompted by something.

The Health Dept is totally going to investigate all patient deaths around the time Sophia was admitted to determine if she brought in the superbug or picked it up at Chastain.  Red Rock can't manipulate that timeline.

After the antagonistic showdown between Kim and Cain, very explicit in how easily they would turn on each other - I hope they are each other's downfall (whenever this storyline gets resolved) and it is glorious.

• Love 1

While I get that we needed that unicorn sticker in order to have a quick visual clue as to which ventilator was the contaminated one...would Cain seriously not have told the little girl not to stick it on? They showed us in the flashback that he was right there in the room when the little girl did it. You'd think he would have said, hey, that's such a nice sticker, maybe we can put it on your mom's things, or whatever. Because you don't want kids sticking random crap onto hospital equipment that other people are also going to have to use...

• Love 2