Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: It Never Hurts to Mask: Group C Playoffs

• Start Topic

Congrats to those that guessed Bella Thorn for Swan. I thought she sounded better than T-Rex, but it’s apparent that performance counts more on this show. 

After this week’s clue packages my guesses for the remainder of Group C are

Night Angel : Kandi from Real Housewives of Atlanta. She was in a girl group, lives in Atlanta, and has a successful marital aids business 

T-Rex: Jo Jo Siwa. 

Astronaut: Billy Gilman who was a young singer who later came out as gay. His career halted when he hit puberty and his voice changed. 

Rhino: Henry Thomas He was in E.T as a child. He’s from TX and was in a band called The Blueheelers. He was in a movie called Tennis,Anyone?

• Love 1

I don't know who Bella Thorn is.  Unless the performer is some sort of legend, I probably won't be able to guess any of the women.

Robin Thicke keeps throwing out these women's names that I have never heard of. 

There was a blue french horn in 'How I Met Your Mother' - although Ted stole it, not Barney.  Nichole Sherzinger did an episode of 'How I Met Your Mother'.  She co-starred in a show with Robin Sparkles.  Robin's father Allan Thicke was also in that same episode.  

I have no guesses on anyone else.  Ryan Lochte is too short to be the Rhino.  When she mentioned Olympic swimmer, I thought she was going to go for Michael Phelps.  At least he has the height for it. 

I was hoping T-Rex would go.  She's not very good. Plus she is very annoying. 

• Love 4

At first I thought I didn’t know who Bella Thorne is because I am old. Then I looked ar her acting credits and realized I haven’t heard of her because she has been in a lot of bad movies and TV shows that I would never watch.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Well that was awful. 

Last week I guessed Swan was Bella Thorne and by this week I had completely forgotten because they all bore me. T-Rex makes me want to throw thing at my tv. JoJo Siwa is even more obnoxious than normal. Night Angel’s costume freaks me out and the praise is way over the top. 

I’m still certain that Astronaut is Hunter Hayes. It sounds just like him plus Robert Duvall gave him his first guitar. Also he is friends with Stevie Wonder.

16 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Congrats to those that guessed Bella Thorn for Swan. I thought she sounded better than T-Rex, but it’s apparent that performance counts more on this show. 

After this week’s clue packages my guesses for the remainder of Group C are

Night Angel : Kandi from Real Housewives of Atlanta. She was in a girl group, lives in Atlanta, and has a successful marital aids business 

T-Rex: Jo Jo Siwa. 

Astronaut: Billy Gilman who was a young singer who later came out as gay. His career halted when he hit puberty and his voice changed. 

Rhino: Henry Thomas He was in E.T as a child. He’s from TX and was in a band called The Blueheelers. He was in a movie called Tennis,Anyone?

Kandi Burriss has a pod cast called Kandi coated nights.   

This show cracks me up when judges guess someone so famous as a Kardashian would ever do this show. Kind of like Brad Pitt is waiting for his turn to be on. Not.

Meanwhile, I've heard the name Bella Thorne but don't have a clue who she is or what's she's done. Same with the other guesses here, very few I've even heard of.

Nick Cannon continues to annoy me with his pronunciation of "sing-ger."

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

This show cracks me up when judges guess someone so famous as a Kardashian would ever do this show. Kind of like Brad Pitt is waiting for his turn to be on. Not.

Meanwhile, I've heard the name Bella Thorne but don't have a clue who she is or what's she's done. Same with the other guesses here, very few I've even heard of.

Please, the Kartrashians are famewhores and arent above this show. The fact that any of them are famous is gross to me 

Edited by Josh371982
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

My co-worker pronounces all of the hard g "...nger" words the same way.  Maybe it's a regional thing.

I wish there had been a double elimination of Swan and T-Rex.  Both are pitiful.  Rhino and Astronaut are not that great either.  

2 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

Please, the Kartrashians are famewhores and arent above this show. The fact that any of them are famous is gross to me 

I agree with you totally, except that IMO they think they ARE above this show. I guess we'll see, if one or more show up eventually.

Is Rhino the first contestant to have a deep voice when talking, and not a voice all squeaked up? I was thinking all singers had the same distorted voices during interviews.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Is Rhino the first contestant to have a deep voice when talking, and not a voice all squeaked up? I was thinking all singers had the same distorted voices during interviews.

White Tiger's voice was super deep. I think there have been others, too? I've definitely noticed differences in the octaves of the "fake" voices. so I don't think they use the same distortion/ filter/ whatever you call it for everyone.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Dancing with the Stars is my barometer for whether or not someone will do this show. The Kardashians have done that show so I think there is a good chance one will show up here eventually. 

3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I agree with you totally, except that IMO they think they ARE above this show. I guess we'll see, if one or more show up eventually.

There's been one singer in each group this year with a deep synthesized voice.

My guesses

The Rhino is  ????

The Night Angel is Candi Burris

The T Rex is Jojo Siwa

The Astronaut is Hunter Hayes

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Dani said:

Dancing with the Stars is my barometer for whether or not someone will do this show. The Kardashians have done that show so I think there is a good chance one will show up here eventually. 

I think Rob was the only one who did DWTS. I could see him doing Masked Singer just so people won't forget he exists.

2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I think Rob was the only one who did DWTS. I could see him doing Masked Singer just so people won't forget he exists.

Kim was on one of the earlier seasons of DWTS.

Edited by Guest

I was starting to buy into the theory that the Swan was Sarah Michelle Gellar, even though she’s extremely private and reality shows are definitely not her style. 

On 3/18/2020 at 11:17 PM, Athena5217 said:

At first I thought I didn’t know who Bella Thorne is because I am old. Then I looked ar her acting credits and realized I haven’t heard of her because she has been in a lot of bad movies and TV shows that I would never watch.

I originally knew her as the youngest daughter of Barb and Bill on Big Love. She’s also had supporting roles in movies with Jennifer Gardner, Steve Carroll, Drew Barrymore, etc. 

On 3/19/2020 at 12:56 PM, saber5055 said:

Haha, this has become my favorite part of the show. I pronounce it like this now because so many of the commenter hated it in season 1. 

• LOL 2

I enjoyed the singing, and...fast forwarded through most of the judging, but I do that for most shows where I can judge for myself.*

I like Joseph Gordon-Levitt for the astronaut:  he was in 500 Days of Summer (so the 500 Days reference fits), he was on 3rd Rock from the Sun (so the astronaut fits), and he's done some singing before. 

I liked Bella Thorne/the Swan's performance. 

* Judge For Yourself would be a great reality game show--though I think they tried that with 30 Seconds To Fame.

• Love 1
On 3/18/2020 at 11:17 PM, Athena5217 said:

Same 🤣🤣🤣. I have no clue who she is.