Type keyword(s) to search

Evil Twins: Days Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

On 2/26/2022 at 3:41 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I'm 80 percent sure this is Galen in a Love's Baby Soft ad from about the mid-90's.

FB_IMG_1645864617426.jpg

Yes, this is Galen...I attended some of the "Passions" FanFests & he talked about the different ads he did when he was young & he talked about this one...

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't know if this has already been mentioned (and maybe even by me), but Isabel Durant (Claire) was in the Australian show Dance Academy.  It's a teen show, but it's a decent guilty pleasure.

• Love 1

There isn't really a media thread so I'm assuming this type of stuff goes here. The Aussie, the Scott, and the Masshole discuss accents:

I still think it's hilarious to watch Rob trying to conceal his Bawston accent on the show and failing miserably. It was especially bad during the Romeo and Juliet storyline. LOL

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4
On 4/25/2022 at 3:44 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Kristian Alfonso also had a Boston accent when she started, but she managed to lose hers. Funny how some can lose accents and others can't.

RSW tries really hard but it slips out all the time. LOL

• Love 1
On 4/25/2022 at 3:44 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Kristian Alfonso also had a Boston accent when she started, but she managed to lose hers. Funny how some can lose accents and others can't.

On 4/26/2022 at 11:57 PM, methodwriter85 said:

RSW tries really hard but it slips out all the time. LOL

What kind of accent does Brandon Barash have then, and does he do it on purpose or is that his natural accent? LOL

• Love 1
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

What kind of accent does Brandon Barash have then, and does he do it on purpose or is that his natural accent? LOL

BB is from St. Louis not sure what that accent is.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

BB is trying to do a Philadelphia accent, which he seems to think means he's supposed to talk the way people in bad mobster movies talk.

He's trying to do Rocky Balboa, which was never accurate to begin with. LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

What is everyone's non "Days" favorite role/character for Deidre Hall?  Mine is either "Our House" or her bio movie "Never Say Never: The Deidre Hall Story"

The episode of Murder She Wrote where she played widow of a mob boss(there are a lot of twists with this one so I won't spoil the rest of her role).

3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The episode of Murder She Wrote where she played widow of a mob boss(there are a lot of twists with this one so I won't spoil the rest of her role).

Did y'all know Deidre Hall also had a guest role on Wiseguy (God, Ken Wahl was GREAT eye candy!) with Tim Curry? Here is a clip I found!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

What is everyone's non "Days" favorite role/character for Deidre Hall?  Mine is either "Our House" or her bio movie "Never Say Never: The Deidre Hall Story"

I loved watching "Our House" with my daughters...

• Love 2

@WendyCR72 it sucks that Ken had so many issues off camera that pretty much tanked his career. He's nice eye candy during his Wiseguy years though. I've watched quite a few episodes of the show thanks to reruns over the years but I don't think I saw Deidre's guest appearance though.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Jaded said:

@WendyCR72 it sucks that Ken had so many issues off camera that pretty much tanked his career. He's nice eye candy during his Wiseguy years though. I've watched quite a few episodes of the show thanks to reruns over the years but I don't think I saw Deidre's guest appearance though.

Well, the video I posted above is actually a complete episode. She has scenes with Tim Curry and I know her character is in the mix with some big names in music in the episode, too. (Deborah Harry, Glenn Frey, etc., although they are not playing themselves!).

It is a shame about Ken Wahl's acting career and issues, but I thought I read he is now involved in veterans causes, so good for him if so. (Ray Sharkey, whom Wahl acted opposite in the Sonny Steelgrave arc, THERE is a guy who really is a tragic story...)

• Love 2
(edited)

For those that care today is the 40th Anniversary of Eileen Davidson as Ashley Abbott on Y&R. Hope they give her a special episode like they did with Eric and Melody.

Young and Restless on Twitter: "It’s officially been 40 years since @eileen_davidson first stepped on the #YR set! ❤️ Join us in congratulating this Young and Restless icon on her huge milestone. https://t.co/ZaXIytwJLK" / Twitter

Forgot to add her tribute episode is on June 16th

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2

This has probably been mentioned, but I just discovered All American on Netflix. Lamon Archey has a recurring role as a high school principal and he's really good. Way less wooden and stiff when he has good writing. 

• Love 2

Jensen Ackles is in the most recent season of The Boys on Amazon.  That's not a show for everyone, but if you can stomach gratuitous... well, everything - graphic violence, nudity, sex, foul language (you name it, it's in there) - you might like it.  It's a satire on superhero movies/shows, but also on today's modern America, politics, and society. I definitely said "ew!!" a few times out loud and watched through my fingers a couple times, but I thought it was overall a good show.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Molly Burnett joins L&O SVU for next season. Guess she won't be on Days FT

TVLine.com on Twitter: "#LawAndOrderSVU Adds Days of Our Lives Alum Molly Burnett (@mollydollyy) Ahead of Season 24 https://t.co/cQH56Eh0cm" / Twitter

Just coming to post this. So I guess Melanie is just back for a visit. Which is fine with me...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

Just coming to post this. So I guess Melanie is just back for a visit. Which is fine with me...

I suspected that to be the case to begin with. While Melanie is fortunate enough to not be related to most of Salem I was never under the impression Ron would be interested in writing for her long term.

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Molly Burnett joins L&O SVU for next season. Guess she won't be on Days FT

TVLine.com on Twitter: "#LawAndOrderSVU Adds Days of Our Lives Alum Molly Burnett (@mollydollyy) Ahead of Season 24 https://t.co/cQH56Eh0cm" / Twitter

Wow has she changed her look! I can't see her playing a detective. Don't watch L&O but will watch an episode to see how she does.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 1

I also can't see her as a detective either then again I don't know if I can bring myself to watch L&O SVU again either. I think as I get older I'm just too sensitive to certain topics as far as my viewing experience. I have enjoyed OG L&O as well as Criminal Intent though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I also can't see her as a detective either then again I don't know if I can bring myself to watch L&O SVU again either. I think as I get older I'm just too sensitive to certain topics as far as my viewing experience. I have enjoyed OG L&O as well as Criminal Intent though.

Sensitive to topics is why I don't watch too. But to watch her in a few scenes I will.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah, the Mothership and Criminal Intent were my favorites in the franchise, too. I liked early SVU, but I think it is running on fumes now.

• Love 2

There was recent talk about Eric Winter's run as the original Rex and it made me remember that he was the guy in the Britney Spears "Curious" commercial:

Such a good-looking guy. Still is today.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

SN and KE as Stefan and Katherine on General Hospital...god, I wish the writers had given them more of a chance then they did. To me, Patch and Kayla are actually Stefan and Katherine in disguise. LOL

download.jpg.a47ccb71e259c613f6ce34f15e055d9f.jpgdownload.jpg.f26597c2993037af8b89db94185d8fda.jpgdownload.jpg.cb759b4849db827e69bba878462e9d4b.jpg

It's weird watching the clips now and thinking about how sexy I think Stephan Nichols is in that part. LOL Tortured Brooding Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre type? Yes, please!

Edited by methodwriter85

I didn't care for Katherine but I did think her rivalry with Lucy was her best relationship on the show.

I did however enjoy Stefan though.

I do wonder if Days cuts the cast for the move to Peacock if SN/MBE would return to GH? 

I used to watch this show but I don't remember RSW being on it. I did prefer Taylor Spreitler(Mia) on here than on Days

Shakita on Twitter: "Binging Melissa & Joey. Is this RSW because it sure looks like him 🧐 #Days https://t.co/oHxmzOHqkX" / Twitter

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I didn't care for Katherine but I did think her rivalry with Lucy was her best relationship on the show.

I did however enjoy Stefan though.

I do wonder if Days cuts the cast for the move to Peacock if SN/MBE would return to GH? 

I used to watch this show but I don't remember RSW being on it. I did prefer Taylor Spreitler(Mia) on here than on Days

Shakita on Twitter: "Binging Melissa & Joey. Is this RSW because it sure looks like him 🧐 #Days https://t.co/oHxmzOHqkX" / Twitter

That's him. Same eyebrows. Lol

• Love 1
On 8/14/2022 at 4:53 PM, rcc said:

That's him. Same eyebrows. Lol

I've joked about him having drag queen metrosexual eyebrows and I'm starting to wonder if they might actually be natural and not the result of overplucking.

On 8/14/2022 at 4:53 PM, rcc said:

"You know, Katherine, I have to say I don't mind the looks of a college wrestler...but who knew that you were actually waiting to peek into the high school showers!"

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 2
17 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I've joked about him having drag queen metrosexual eyebrows and I'm starting to wonder if they might actually be natural and not the result of overplucking.

"You know, Katherine, I have to say I don't mind the looks of a college wrestler...but who knew that you were actually waiting to peek into the high school showers!"

I still remember that episode it was one of the better GH episodes that year.

On 6/11/2022 at 9:56 PM, RedElf said:

Zach Tinker is in a new horror video game called The Quarry.

I'm playing this right now.  I knew his voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't match the face.  It could have been because motion capture still looks wonky in video games or he's clean shaven in The Quarry.

• Love 1