Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

Things were just as bad as in the Shapiro era maybe even worse since it was never aired or reported on in the outside media. During BB4 Jee, Robert and Justin would constantly say misogynist things about women yet they portrayed Robert as a loving single father and aired Erika's racist comment about Jee. During All-Stars they made Jase look like a change man when on the live feeds he made a rap about raping Janelle.

I agree that the fact that the bad stuff was not even reported was worse, but I also don't think the actual statements were AS prevalent as it has been since Season 8. 

Can you just imagine the manipulation that goes on in Derrick's marriage??? He's by no means a looker as far as I'm concerned and from what little I've seen of Mrs. Svengali, she's pretty. He must have really used his magic to get her and is probably telling her every day how lucky she is to have him. If he's that manipulative with people he doesn't know and gets everything he wants, he must be a verrryyyyy happy man at home. If you get my meaning.  ;-)

ETA: I know. I have a dirty mind.  ;-)

Purely a limited window, I know - but judging from what I've heard from Jana on a few interviews, I don't think she has the least compunction in calling Derrick out on any of his shit.  And I think he knows that, too.  :)

• Love 8

Purely a limited window, I know - but judging from what I've heard from Jana on a few interviews, I don't think she has the least compunction in calling Derrick out on any of his shit.  And I think he knows that, too.  :)

Good, I'm glad to hear that. I guess love isn't blind after all!  :-)

I believe today (Monday) is the last day to vote, folks, so get out there & vote! I think I've voted for Donny 420 times. I hope they're all counting towards his being AFH!

ETA: we only have until 9:59 AM Pacific Time! 

Edited by burgerbitz
  • Love 1

Good points, all. Especially how Vic's whining has obviously worked in the past - with her parents.

Yup. She's in love with Derrick in the way that a young, immature high school girl is in love with the star of the football team; unattainable but admired. I *think*, anyway.

Edited by housecat
  • Love 1

Good, I'm glad to hear that. I guess love isn't blind after all!  :-)

Let's face it - you're not exactly in a good position to blind someone with your brilliance after they've seen the skidmarks you leave in your drawers.  :)

In a turn of events the Grande family are throwing their support behind Zach for AFP.

Ariana and Frankie's mom Tweeted stuff about it.

...guessing that means "someone" - note I specifically did NOT say "someone in Production" - gave them a heads-up their boy's numbers weren't doing well, and they're already working on the cover story why...?

• Love 4

Let's face it - you're not exactly in a good position to blind someone with your brilliance after they've seen the skidmarks you leave in your drawers. :)

...guessing that means "someone" - note I specifically did NOT say "someone in Production" - gave them a heads-up their boy's numbers weren't doing well, and they're already working on the cover story why...?

That's what I was thinking too. I think someone at CBS possibly told them that Zach is looking like the winner. So they are saving face by saying oh Vote for Zach so they don't look like fools and everyone stops giving them a hard time. Or so they can be like oh look we helped you win.

On a completely unrelated note I just turned on the feeds for a few mins and of course there is Victoria pulling at her face again. I've never seen anyone poke and prod and pluck at their face so much in my life. I really hope it's out of bordem. Lol.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1

they're already working on the cover story why...?

That's the Grande (puke!) way! Go on the offense and/or make excuses and NEVER admit defeat. "What? Dear li'l Frankie didn't win? We didn't want him to!!"

What disgusting family they are. Gross.

ETA: Joker's say Derrick knows one of the Survivor winners. Anyone know who?

Edited by housecat
  • Love 4

Mr. Callaphera and I were discussing this a few weeks back. We came to the conclusion that, one year, they should take the cast for Survivor and throw them in the BB house instead, and take the BB HGs and throw them on Survivor without telling either of them what was happening. You prepare for one game, end up having to play a completely different one. Jeff Probst would've loved Caleb.

That would be a hoot. Imagine all the self entitled, pampered prince and princesses thrown on an island with nothing. On the other hand imagine all the survivor physically fit beast mode [tm] competitors locked in a house with nothing to do. Even a BB "endurance " competition would be child's play for some of them

From HT:

Derrick talks about liking Tony's win on Survivor, and how Tony really crushed everything. Cody says he didn't like Tony at all, because he was a cop who was pretending to be something else. Heh.

Bwahahaha. Oh Cody

ETA

They imagine that there will be people in the audience at the end wearing "hit men" shirts,.

Yes and those two people will be their family members

Edited by brdwygurl
  • Love 4

From jokers:Derrick talks about liking Tony's win on Survivor, and how Tony really crushed everything. Cody says he didn't like Tony at all, because he was a cop who was pretending to be something else. Heh.

Bwahahaha. Oh Cody

Interesting. Part of me is wondering if Cody strongly suspects or downright knows that Derrick is a cop as he's been talking about cops quite a bit the past couple of nights. Let's not forget he was the only one that saw the mysterious picture that Derrick didn't want anyone else to see.

From Joker's:

Sun 3:30 AM BBT Cody is telling Derr about his friend who is a cop Says he knows a cop who lost a lot of weight.

Derr: Dude. You know a lot of cops, huh?

Derrick talks about local cops in his area not making much money, but troopers make more.

Sounds like Cody may know a cop that lives close to Derr and....FISH

Wouldn't it be amazing if Cody knew and kept bringing it up to see if Derrick would finally confess thereby assuring Cody that he can indeed trust him and they are as close as Derrick claims they are. And if Derrick doesn't 'fess up then Cody knows that he is just another person that Derrick is playing so he decides to play the player and choose Veronica for F2. Ok, ok I know there's no chance in hell of that happening but a girl can dream can't she?

• Love 4

Can you just imagine the manipulation that goes on in Derrick's marriage??? He's by no means a looker as far as I'm concerned and from what little I've seen of Mrs. Svengali, she's pretty. He must have really used his magic to get her and is probably telling her every day how lucky she is to have him. If he's that manipulative with people he doesn't know and gets everything he wants, he must be a verrryyyyy happy man at home. If you get my meaning.  ;-)

ETA: I know. I have a dirty mind.  ;-)

Meh, he's playing a game.  I don't assume that Derrick manipulates everyone in his life all the time because he happens to be good at the game that is Big Brother.  It's apples and oranges to me.  I think Derrick happens to be better than the average bear at this game because his job has prepared him to be, not that he's a manipulative fuck at home with his family and loved ones.  He's also been really good in this game because he's been kind, supportive and nice to everyone...one of the main reasons he's never been on the block.  

• Love 10

I can't find this mentioned.  When Derrick and Cody were discussing the winning of AT LEAST $50,000, Derrick said, "That's more than I make in a year."  Am I the only one who heard that on BBAD?

Nope, I heard it too. If you scroll up to near the top of p.237 you can see the post I made about it and then the posts where we discuss how much he most likely makes in reality. Hint: It's probably not six figures, but it's sure as hell more than 50k. Freakin' Derrick.

Thanks for the voting reminder, burgerbitz. Entered my last set of 20 and can now relax. Hard to believe the Finale is the day after tomorrow!

Sweet!  That's right - it does cut off pretty early today.  Got my 40 in for D-man.

The feeds are horrific:  Lying around hammies or Victoria whining.  Take your pic.

And I agree with the posters who have said sympathy for Victoria's plight is non-existent.  She's had three months to come up with a plan and do stuff, and waiting until the last nano-second is not 'warrior princess' by any definition.

Although I have to admit taking a small bit of pleasure in Derrick having to put up with it.  Derrick, you created the beast...and now, you must feed it!  BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

• Love 3

I did a drive by at Jokers this morning and it seems the feeds are on a loop and the poor transcribers are so bleary they don't know.  Vic: Bwaaaaaa. Der: friendship is more important.  Cody: throw the Frisbee again! pant pant pant.    

Nashville wrote

RE Victoria/Derrick: I think Victoria is definitely stuck on Derrick - in a fashion.  I think she is in love with what Derrick represents - a kind, calm, funny, strong man who is devoted to his family.  This is the kind of man Victoria wants in her life - so in that sense yes, she is definitely attracted to Derrick.  He represents a romantic ideal.

Her constant references to being a princess lead me to the logical speculation that she will end up with an older man, who protects and treats her in a similar way to her perceived version of Derrick.  That being, one who puts up with her (whining), gets a kick out of her quirks (read spoiled) and takes care of her. She requires a handler. No independent woman looking for an equal partnership in marriage for this one!  We are seeing her communication and conflict resolution skills at play here.  And so are the eligible bachelors in Miami.  Poor girl. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

Gosh wings, your comments and responses are equal to a professional Dr. Such intelligent convo's going on here and so right on the mark! I'm almost embarrassed to say anything, but I will say you describe everything I have in my mind but can't put down in text.

Edited by kathybgd
  • Love 5

Her constant references to being a princess lead me to the logical speculation that she will end up with an older man, who protects and treats her in a similar way to her perceived version of Derrick.  That being, one who puts up with her (whining), gets a kick out of her quirks (read spoiled) and takes care of her. She requires a handler. No independent woman looking for an equal partnership in marriage for this one!  We are seeing her communication and conflict resolution skills at play here.  And so are the eligible bachelors in Miami.  Poor girl.

Actually, I think you just uncovered the true genius in Victoria's game play.

Genius, you say? Aye,aye say I.

Because Victoria isn't here to win BB. $500K? Chump change.

This is her audition tape to be a Miami trophy wife for a suitably aged sugar daddy.

That's where the REAL bucks be.

;>

• Love 7

I took a look at the Joker's feeds and some things were hilarious. 

Victoria asked Derrick where New Hampshire was....it's a state Victoria.  Jeepers, that can't be real.  No one is that stupid.

And then there was a convo between Cody and Der discussing why neither would take Victoria because the jury would vote for her because they'd be bitter be brought them along and she is a huge floater.  Derrick sold it hard and so now I am convinced more than ever that Cody would 1000% pick Derrick to go to the F2 with him.  Well done Der.  

Then Cody said what he'd say to Frankie in his F2 and it is bloody brilliant:

I respect that you think Derrick deserves it more than me, but quite frankly, I did one thing that I'm more than happy about which you can never say you did...I smoked you and got you out of the house single handedly. You can't EVER go back and get me out. I'm so sorry that I beat you. Thank you. I hope you give it to my boy, because this is literally my best friend. Have fun living in your sister's shadow.

Read more: http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=bbusaupdates&Number=23069450#ixzz3E3Rn1TLP

Edited by shelley1005
  • Love 2

Actually, I think you just uncovered the true genius in Victoria's game play.

Genius, you say? Aye,aye say I.

Because Victoria isn't here to win BB. $500K? Chump change.

This is her audition tape to be a Miami trophy wife for a suitably aged sugar daddy.

That's where the REAL bucks be.

;>

Yes, I do believe that is her agenda in life.  BB is a curious venue to begin that journey though! 

• Love 1

I can't find this mentioned.  When Derrick and Cody were discussing the winning of AT LEAST $50,000, Derrick said, "That's more than I make in a year."  Am I the only one who heard that on BBAD?

Remember, he told them he's a Park and Rec guy.

• Love 2

I respect that you think Derrick deserves it more than me, but quite frankly, I did one thing that I'm more than happy about which you can never say you did...I smoked you and got you out of the house single handedly. You can't EVER go back and get me out. I'm so sorry that I beat you. Thank you. I hope you give it to my boy, because this is literally my best friend. Have fun living in your sister's shadow.

Read more: http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=bbusaupdates&Number=23069450#ixzz3E3Rn1TLP

I thought you were doing satire!  Then I clicked the link.  

Well, he is a master at catching that Frisbee.  

I sit here speechless, a condition that elludes me most of the time.  Jesus. 

Controlling ladies take note, this is your guy! 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

Interesting. Part of me is wondering if Cody strongly suspects or downright knows that Derrick is a cop as he's been talking about cops quite a bit the past couple of nights. Let's not forget he was the only one that saw the mysterious picture that Derrick didn't want anyone else to see.

From Joker's:

Sun 3:30 AM BBT Cody is telling Derr about his friend who is a cop Says he knows a cop who lost a lot of weight.

Derr: Dude. You know a lot of cops, huh?

Derrick talks about local cops in his area not making much money, but troopers make more.

Sounds like Cody may know a cop that lives close to Derr and....FISH

Wouldn't it be amazing if Cody knew and kept bringing it up to see if Derrick would finally confess thereby assuring Cody that he can indeed trust him and they are as close as Derrick claims they are. And if Derrick doesn't 'fess up then Cody knows that he is just another person that Derrick is playing so he decides to play the player and choose Veronica for F2. Ok, ok I know there's no chance in hell of that happening but a girl can dream can't she?

As funny as that would be, let me bring you back to reality THIS IS CODY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!! Lol. He doesn't have a freak ing clue. Lol.

• Love 6

I took a look at the Joker's feeds and some things were hilarious. 

Victoria asked Derrick where New Hampshire was....it's a state Victoria.  Jeepers, that can't be real.  No one is that stupid.

And then there was a convo between Cody and Der discussing why neither would take Victoria because the jury would vote for her because they'd be bitter be brought them along and she is a huge floater.  Derrick sold it hard and so now I am convinced more than ever that Cody would 1000% pick Derrick to go to the F2 with him.  Well done Der.  

Then Cody said what he'd say to Frankie in his F2 and it is bloody brilliant:

Yes, Cody, it's totally badass to tell the jurors to vote for your opponent. That'll show 'em! I just can't with this kid. His game is literally on par with Victoria's except for winning more comps. That is literally the only difference between the two.

• Love 8

As far as wedding-ring-gate goes, I don't see it as a big deal. My friends and I play with each other's rings when we are admiring them.  I'm a fidgeter, so I am highly likely to put on a ring if I'm holding one.  I had my mom's ring just the other day, and I put it on and took it off about 15 times before I gave it back to her. I'd have done the same with ANY ring I happened to be holding onto.  I'd try it on every damn finger to see how it fit, and then spin it around on a table, and probably even clean it.  I don't ascribe any meaning to that at all.

I do think young Vicki has a huge crush, but I don't think her antics with his ring meant anything at all.

• Love 9

This was the same strategy Dan used with Danielle. Derrick and Dan both used emotionally vulnerable women who were easy to manipulate.

I was just thinking that the other day. But I think the main difference is that Danielle herself was doing a lot of manipulating as well.

And by the way, it was Russell Hantz's strategy as well in Survivor when he took Natalie to the end. But, his plan backfired and Natalie won.

Russell may have believed that was his strategy, but Natalie was neither an emotionally vulnerable woman nor being manipulated by Russell. She was the one manipulating him.

I guess the HGs aren't the only sexists this season.

Production has been overtly sexist on the whole for a long time. It's so gross and the main reason why I'm ashamed I watch this show every year.

Have I mentioned I just don't like Derrick?

I personally try to mention it as often as possible!

This show has been a misogynist's paradise for years now. Roughly since Grodner took over, which is so lame, since she is, you know, a woman.

AG's internalized misogynism is so sad. She really needs to be fired. She ruined this show.

Oh, believe me, a lot of people are 'that stupid.' There are oodles of people who have no idea about even basic geography. 

Yes, Cody, it's totally badass to tell the jurors to vote for your opponent. That'll show 'em! I just can't with this kid. His game is literally on par with Victoria's except for winning more comps. That is literally the only difference between the two.

This. Cody continues to be such an embarrassment. I pray he goes through with that terrible F2 speech though. And I hope the jury just openly laughs at him. Such fun!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

BB is a curious venue to begin that journey though!

Only to the extent that her target audience might not be big watchers of BB. Otherwise, she's gotten weeks of free publicity to prance around modeling her clothes and fake hair. It's like the best extended computer dating video ever! (Which I suspect was Brittany's aim too but unfortunately for her the fellas put the kibosh on it.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

Cody's poor brother!  Anyone have an address where I can send a Hickory Farms gift basket?  

This is excellent.  Growing up in Wisconsin, these things were ubiquitous, but I haven't seen them in California at all!  I am now craving sausage and cheese encased in wax in the worst way.

ETA: Holy crap, they sell these at my every week grocery store according to their website.  Must purchase.

Also adding I am pleasantly surprised the Grande family is  throwing their support behind Zach. Do I think it means anything? No. I seriously doubt it will affect the overall vote whatsoever.  But I'm happy.  My feelings are so simple on this subject: Zach good, Frankie bad.  When they are together and Zach is happy, it's like crossing the streams in my brain.

Edited by AndreaK1041
  • Love 4

Are you supposed to eat the wax? I never do, but it confounds me.

For that matter, I love Brie but can never figure out if you're supposed to eat the rind. Spoiler alert: I don't.

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 1

Are you supposed to eat the wax? I never do, but it confounds me.

For that matter, I love Brie but can never figure out if you're supposed to eat the rind. Spoiler alert: I don't.

Don't eat wax.  Eat the rind of Brie.  ;>

• Love 3

I'm loving Ariana and Joan tweeting support for Zach and Donny. It's so them. They saw the writing on the wall and now they think they can take credit when Zach or Donny wins. Just like I imagine Frankie will try to make us believe he's the reason Derrick won. LMAO.

I hope Joey ends up being in the top 3 because of all those mistaken votes for her while people were trying to vote for Donny.

• Love 6

This is excellent.  Growing up in Wisconsin, these things were ubiquitous, but I haven't seen them in California at all!  I am now craving sausage and cheese encased in wax in the worst way.

ETA: Holy crap, they sell these at my every week grocery store according to their website.  Must purchase.

Also adding I am pleasantly surprised the Grande family is  throwing their support behind Zach. Do I think it means anything? No. I seriously doubt it will affect the overall vote whatsoever.  But I'm happy.  My feelings are so simple on this subject: Zach good, Frankie bad.  When they are together and Zach is happy, it's like crossing the streams in my brain.

I just checked and some items are at my local store too!  I love the summer sausage and hot sweet mustard..  I have a nostalgic memory of Kaukauna cheese balls, too. That cheese also used to come in small brown crocks.  I spent my childhood in Michigan.  :-)

Stinger97.  I am so sorry, Derrick made me go off topic.   

I'd much rather cast an accidental vote for Joey than for Christine, who is above Donny.

That would be truly horrifying.

The Hickory Farms talk has to stop. I'm so damn hungry now!

Now, to actually bring this post some semblance of feeds talk even though there is nothing of interest to talk about because nothing's happening and the outcome is already set in stone, Derrick impersonating Cody's reaction to Christine getting booed was glorious. The most I've ever liked him.

• Love 3

I'm loving Ariana and Joan tweeting support for Zach and Donny. It's so them. They saw the writing on the wall and now they think they can take credit when Zach or Donny wins.

I don't think this is necessarily about taking credit or that they have inside info.  I suspect someone pointed out that rallying the troops had no upside.  Either they are manipulators of pre-teen girls to get Frankie a win/money he didn't deserve or worse Ariana doesn't have the social media pull to swing a simple on-line poll. 

• Love 1

I think, based on how they've come off to me all season, its probably a combo of finally realizing Frankie probably won't win and believing that supporting the people that will win makes them look good/influential.

I still think Donny will win. I'm thinking Zach has the more vocal fan base, but that Donny has most of the casual fans' votes on lock.

I aree, where's this guy been? Thinking about winning 550K!

Good point. It's too bad (for me, as a viewer) that Derrick was all business this season and so dead set on sucking the fun out of the game. Maybe he would've been a really fun person or even a fun player if he didn't feel he needed to lie and pretend all the time. Although maybe the fun side he's exhibited a bit isn't genuine either.

• Love 4

Only to the extent that her target audience might not be big watchers of BB. Otherwise, she's gotten weeks of free publicity to prance around modeling her clothes and fake hair. It's like the best extended computer dating video ever! (Which I suspect was Brittany's aim too but unfortunately for her the fellas put the kibosh on it.)

Daddy Warbucks may not be a BB fan - but I wouldn't put it past the shadchanim. ;)

ETA: Linkage

Edited by Nashville

http://youtu.be/3WBh4BYQJjE

OMG haha "The Princess, the Player and the Puppet master". Love Love Love it!!!

My friend watched the episode Frankie left in last night and she called me hysterically laughing because in the scene where Frankie asks Derrick if he is leaving they are playing like Godfather, Mafia type music. I went back and watched it and they are!! Omg hysterical!!!

• Love 4

How is Cody a player? I guess they had to make up some moniker for him and they decided that "Lab" was too mean. It's hilarious that he has created less of a "BB brand" than Victoria, whose running joke is that no one can remember her name. Once the season is over, Cody will be remembered for petting with a married woman and carrying the winner's jockstrap throughout the game.

• Love 5

I finally caught up on BBAD...I mean really Victoria....how long does it take to eat a Panera salad?! lol...my husband said the crunching was getting on his last nerve. 

I did feel Cody though when he said "Get me out of here"......BBAD with only the remaining three house guests is boring...yet I still watch it lol

Daddy Warbucks may not be a BB fan - but I wouldn't put it past the shadchanim. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if something like that is afoot but Victoria must not be aware of it because you'd think she'd be watching her potty mouth on camera.

That's really gross. I guess the HGs aren't the only sexists this season. It seems like 50% of the Live Feed Chat at any given time usually involves Victoria's eating habits and how much weight she has gained. Most of the HGs seemed to have put on some weight, but Victoria is the only one whose weight is ever discussed. That being said, did anyone notice Frankie's outgoing weight on the Fitness Tracker page? It says he put on 29 pounds! LMAO. He looked pretty skinny when he left which makes me think the person whose job it is to record the weights is either Anti-Frankie, Pro-Zach or both. Remember how Frankie would always mention how much weight Zach gained and how "he was hot...10 pounds ago." Instant karma, baby.

I thought he still looked skinny as well but then I saw youtube of him from first days and he was skinner.  don't know if I believe 29 pounds though.

• Love 3

I heard the Shadchan did the research and was last seen running toward the Everglades, screaming.

Aw, c'mon - how hard can it be to find a rich old deaf Jewish guy in South Florida? Hell, go into any Miami-Dade County kosher deli at lunch time, and you'll find 50+ who meet three of the four requirements. Then it's just a matter of finding out which of them is rich and looking. ;>

ETA: P.S.: most of them will be from New York, so they'll be good with Vic's mom from the get-go.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3

So Derrick will throw the final HOH and beat Cody 9-0.

That's the thing though - you can't really throw the final HoH, because it's a complete crap-shoot. It consists of Julie asking the F2 to guess how a certain jury member finished a particular statement, and the statement is so generic and innocuous, it could be either choice Julie offers. Example:

Nicole said: "My proudest moment in the BB House was:" 

a.) "Winning my first HoH" or

b.) "My eviction speech."

Then after they lock in their answers they show the video of Nicole finishing the statement. Neither is so far-out you'd think "Wow, she'd have never said that one," no matter how well you know her. It's not even something specific to that player, it's some generic question the producers feed the jury members. 

Which is why I ranted about this over in the episode thread. I don't get why they do this. The F2 have worked their asses off to get to this point, only to have it come down to a total crap-shoot. They might as well just ask them to pick a number between 1 and 10.

• Love 9

Yay! I am also on Twitter under this same name. If you follow me I will not think any of you are stalking me :)  You will get lots of updates such as why people in line with me are irritating in some way or why the sports teams I follow are playing well or poorly.  It's riveting.

I am also on twitter with the same username.  My twitter is private, but I like all y'all so I'll probably approve ya.   

I also tend to talk about the Red Sox on there 24/7..be warned.  

• Love 1