Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

It's funny, because it's true.

Yep.  I think Derrick's two biggest strengths in this game have been 1) getting a good read on all of these people, and figuring out which ones were easily malleable, and 2) playing to each person's personality, like fluffing up Caleb's ego and being protective of Victoria and even getting rid of the people who might not be so easily manipulated.  It's the same skill set that other great players have had, I think.  I think the big difference in how easy it's seemed for Derrick can be traced back to the stupid dual HOH twist, because everyone was so afraid to make a big move, meaning Derrick faced less obstacles than the Wills or Dans.  Which is a real shame, because I would have loved to see Derrick in action against an actual uprising.  

I also don't remember Cody & Derrick making a final 2 deal on day 2. Seems like it was more like week 2, or maybe even three.  So that was weird. 

Agreed.  It drives me crazy on all of these shows.  It's not possible to win BB or Survivor or whatever without ever lying to or betraying or fooling someone, if not many someones.  Because if you told everyone the truth and never made promises you might have to break, you'd be gone pronto.​

Off topic, but I need some help - how do you quote with the original poster's name/ time/ etc? showing above the quote  I've tried the multi-quote button, but when I post the reply, it's always just blank.  So instead I copy and paste just the text and add the quote marks.  I'm on a Mac, don't know if that matters.  

The multi quote button works for me, I'm on a PC not sure if there is anything different on a Mac.

If these people were truly loyal and honorable, once their word was given, they wouldn't be able to vote any of their alliance mates out - ever.

I think they took the attitude that they'd take each other to final 4, then "fight it out like gentlemen."  And with this group, that was a winning approach... for one person.

It's funny, because it's true.

Yep.  I think Derrick's two biggest strengths in this game have been 1) getting a good read on all of these people, and figuring out which ones were easily malleable, and 2) playing to each person's personality, like fluffing up Caleb's ego and being protective of Victoria and even getting rid of the people who might not be so easily manipulated.  It's the same skill set that other great players have had, I think.  I think the big difference in how easy it's seemed for Derrick can be traced back to the stupid dual HOH twist, because everyone was so afraid to make a big move, meaning Derrick faced less obstacles than the Wills or Dans.  Which is a real shame, because I would have loved to see Derrick in action against an actual uprising.  

I also don't remember Cody & Derrick making a final 2 deal on day 2. Seems like it was more like week 2, or maybe even three.  So that was weird. 

Agreed.  It drives me crazy on all of these shows.  It's not possible to win BB or Survivor or whatever without ever lying to or betraying or fooling someone, if not many someones.  Because if you told everyone the truth and never made promises you might have to break, you'd be gone pronto.​

Off topic, but I need some help - how do you quote with the original poster's name/ time/ etc? showing above the quote  I've tried the multi-quote button, but when I post the reply, it's always just blank.  So instead I copy and paste just the text and add the quote marks.  I'm on a Mac, don't know if that matters.  

Multi quote works fine for me on a Mac I just hit the " in the right hand corner of the post seems to work fine.

Edited by elizacat

I'm on an ipad and I just tap the " icon at the bottom of each post I want to reply to. A little black text box appears that tells me how many posts I have tapped that on. Once I have all that I want I tap the black text box and it does the work.

Yeah, Caleb is just BSing now. The guy was clearly counting Derrick as a jury member at the end when he was counting votes. There's no way that this particular guy would do that for any other reason than intending for Derrick to be gone by Final 2. 

And yes, that Cody doesn't realize "It would be dishonorable to win by bringing Victoria" doesn't jibe with "But let's make sure to vote out all of our alliance members before Victoria" is just yet another reason why he's dumber than even your typical dumb Big Brother contestant (which is to say, he's really dumb). 

• Love 6

I think they took the attitude that they'd take each other to final 4, then "fight it out like gentlemen." And with this group, that was a winning approach... for one person.

I think that depends on how seriously each of the Four Guys (Caleb/Cody/Derrick/Frankie) take their mutual promises not to vote for any of the other three if he ends up sitting next to Victoria in F2.

I'm reasonably certain this (and not stupidity) is why Cody, should he win FHoH, might quite possibly carry through with his promise to take Derrick to F2 - not through any overriding sense of loyalty, but through fear that to do otherwise would immediately cost him three Jury votes right off the bat.

ETA: Not that I think this consideration is particularly smart. A few nanoseconds of thought should be sufficient for Cody to realize none of the other three (including Caleb, the most honor-bound of the bunch) will vote to create a season where they got beat by VICTORIA, for crying out loud.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

It's pretty funny that right now Derrick is freaking out over how best to win $575,000 with a 9-0 vote ("I can't risk winning 8-1!") while Cody is completely confident about making a decision that'll cost him $450,000. Really tells you a lot about their respective personalities.

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 4

They used to have only the F2 for the last week in the house and they would bring the jury back to question the F2. It went on for like at the very least an hour. Now they have the jury talk amongst themselves, without the final jury member, and come up with questions to ask live during the finale. The questions are stupid and the segment only lasts like 10 minutes, so basically it's pointless. And the final juror has no idea how the rest of the jury is thinking.

I hate this format and wish they'd go back to the old way. It's not like having 3 people in the house for the final week is any more interesting than just 2.

Memory refreshed, thank you!  

It's pretty funny that right now Derrick is freaking out over how best to win $575,000 with a 9-0 vote ("I can't risk winning 8-1!") while Cody is completely confident about making a decision that'll cost him $450,000. Really tells you a lot about their respective personalities.

I have been gone all day and usually read to catch up before I post.  I cannot wait to do that.  What does he think will be the difference?  Winning is winning for fuck sake.  Does he think that he has to win unanimously to get the money?   

Since he knows he is going to win, he doesn't just want to win, he wants to win unanimously like his idol Dan. That's why I am surprised that he seems to not be into winning the final HOH. You'd think a guy as obsessed with his image as a great player as Derrick is would want to be able to say that he was never nominated. 

• Love 2

I think that depends on how seriously each of the Four Guys (Caleb/Cody/Derrick/Frankie) take their mutual promises not to vote for any of the other three if he ends up sitting next to Victoria in F2.

I'm reasonably certain this (and not stupidity) is why Cody, should he win FHoH, might quite possibly carry through with his promise to take Derrick to F2 - not through any overriding sense of loyalty, but through fear that to do otherwise would immediately cost him three Jury votes right off the bat.

ETA: Not that I think this consideration is particularly smart. A few nanoseconds of thought should be sufficient for Cody to realize none of the other three (including Caleb, the most honor-bound of the bunch) will vote to create a season where they got beat by VICTORIA, for crying out loud.

Taking Victoria to the end promises that he will live a life of humiliation much like the male Titanic survivors, skulking through alleys at night scouring trash cans for food.  .  

I'm wondering if Derrick getting an additional $50K TA money for winning will affect who both Frankie and Donny vote for in F2. I imagine Frankie will let Donny know about this.

I think both men will vote for best game played.  Frankie has an image to uphold and we saw his vision in the interview with Julie.  He immediately slipped into the high road.  I would not have done anything differently, I am a man of honor (basically).  A very quick shift from Jesus controlling the outcome hours before.  Donny has perspective.  He is now fast friends with those who shunned him in the house and has moved way past the game itself. 

I don't think any of them will be bitter.  Maybe Christine. 

• Love 2

I have always felt Derrick's plan is to take Victoria to the end and reveal he is a cop before voting. It would show he had a plan all along, fooled EVERYBODY, and played the best game. I could be wrong, and probably am, but that's my prediction.

• Love 1

I have always felt Derrick's plan is to take Victoria to the end and reveal he is a cop before voting. It would show he had a plan all along, fooled EVERYBODY, and played the best game. I could be wrong, and probably am, but that's my prediction.

He could take Cody as well using the same logic. Lol.

I tend to agree. Derrick is determined to be one of the greats, and what better way to do that than to win the final HOH, bring Victoria to the end, reveal to the jury that he's a cop and then win in a unanimous vote? Never nominated, never exposed, and his final three/two plan would go exactly as he planned it the entire time. No matter how you slice it, that's a flawless game. Not that it means much against this cast.

I guess my point is, why the hell is he not trying harder for that final HOH? I get that he might be worried to get blood on his hands, but is an unanimous win really more brag-worthy than never having been nominated? After all, the latter has never been done.

• Love 1

I don't watch the feeds, so I rely on all this awesome feedster info from all y'all, but why is it that people think Derrick is throwing the last HoH?  I know that Cody won the first round, but to me that doesn't mean he threw it.  It could mean that he knew that he wasn't gonna hold on longer than Cody, so he would fall and then fully plan on meeting Cody in the final HoH competition after beating Victoria.  Have other things happened that I don't know about?  And if so...WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT TELLING ME WHAT IS HAPPENING EVERY GOD DAMN SECOND!!!  ;)

• Love 7

I'm on an ipad and I just tap the " icon at the bottom of each post I want to reply to. A little black text box appears that tells me how many posts I have tapped that on. Once I have all that I want I tap the black text box and it does the work.

After you press the multiquote in red to your right, another box will appear a little further down that says something like "reply to one quoted post" and you hit yes on that, then it pops up on the he bottom all ready to go.

I think if I were a player in these types of games, I would want out people I saw as butt kissers or jury panderers.  I thought the worst thing Derrick did all season was throw the HoH to Frankie with the songs, not because he threw it, but because he said THREE TIMES "Frankie, you want to see your grandfather?". We get it Derrick, you're a wonderful person. Now GTFO of my house.  

Word on both these points. I hate that shit and Derrick throwing that HOH to Frankie and bringing it up 7 million times drove me insane. How did no one pick up on this?! It's mind boggling how stupid these people were. And this is proof IMO that Derrick was so damn transparent sometimes. Like honestly, a marginally decent player would pick up on shit like this.

LOL. Gosh I hate both of them.

Gina Marie figured out stuff in the game better than Cody. Gina Marie!!!

It's embarrassing! I hope Cody's family never lets him hear the end of it on how badly he played.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I don't watch the feeds, so I rely on all this awesome feedster info from all y'all, but why is it that people think Derrick is throwing the last HoH?  I know that Cody won the first round, but to me that doesn't mean he threw it.  It could mean that he knew that he wasn't gonna hold on longer than Cody, so he would fall and then fully plan on meeting Cody in the final HoH competition after beating Victoria.  Have other things happened that I don't know about?  And if so...WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT TELLING ME WHAT IS HAPPENING EVERY GOD DAMN SECOND!!!  ;)

They are just projecting.  No one really knows what he will do. There has been nothing that I have read to indicate he has plans to do this.  Now, someone may come along with a transcript from the feeds that indicates he is thinking about it but I have not read about it.  

• Love 1

They used to have only the F2 for the last week in the house and they would bring the jury back to question the F2. It went on for like at the very least an hour. Now they have the jury talk amongst themselves, without the final jury member, and come up with questions to ask live during the finale. The questions are stupid and the segment only lasts like 10 minutes, so basically it's pointless. And the final juror has no idea how the rest of the jury is thinking.

I know they talk amongst themselves, but I don't think they come up with their own questions to ask during the finale.  Based on what they've asked in the past, I get the feeling they're each given a question by production.  I could be way off base, but I think production handles them just like they do in the DR, wanting to control what is said during the live finale. 

I know they talk amongst themselves, but I don't think they come up with their own questions to ask during the finale.  Based on what they've asked in the past, I get the feeling they're each given a question by production.  I could be way off base, but I think production handles them just like they do in the DR, wanting to control what is said during the live finale. 

I agree actually. Which makes the whole thing even more pointless.

• Love 1

Yep. I would put money on it.  

Ugh.  Who is remembers who Joey is enough to vote for her for AFP?  She was on the show for 2 seconds before being swiftly evicted.  

Um...well...Joey is going to get at least one vote.  Yesterday as I was power voting for Donny my computer screen moved and I gave Joey a vote.

• Love 10

Um...well...Joey is going to get at least one vote.  Yesterday as I was power voting for Donny my computer screen moved and I gave Joey a vote.

As I was throwing all my votes Donny's way yesterday, I was wondering how many accidental votes she'd get!

• Love 2

And now they're having a plastic lime throwing tournament.  These games they're making up for themselves are more fun to watch than most of the comps have been.  Currently, Derrick is winning, and Cody & Vic are fighting it out for second.  Kind of a metaphor for the season, really.

ETA: Cody got third.  Wonder if he'll take it as a sign? 

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 4

Victoria is "it", and the guys are hiding in the DR.  Obviously, she can't find them, and is getting a little frustrated.  It's kind of funny.  

tee, hee, hee.  That's funny.  

It's something I've enjoyed about this season of Big Brother is how generally fun and playful they all are with one another.  

• Love 1

As I was throwing all my votes Donny's way yesterday, I was wondering how many accidental votes she'd get!

I think I accidentally voted for Victoria once. When I vote on my phone it's not so obvious who I clicked on. However when I voted at work my whole screen turned into that huge flashy colored "Congrats! You voted for Zach" and although I don't think anyone saw I was instantly humiliated at having that on my screen.
  • Love 3

I hate this format and wish they'd go back to the old way. It's not like having 3 people in the house for the final week is any more interesting than just 2.

I completely agree with this. The jury questioning is pointless now except I did hear Jen and Joe were planning to vote for Dan, but found his answers very arrogant so they voted for Ian. The whole reason why Big Brother does the final 3 now is because of BB11. It had better ratings than BB10  & 9 maybe 8 too because of Jeff and Jordan. The ratings weren't that great for the premiere, but increased as the season went on. So when the final 3 was Jordan, Kevin and Natalie they were worried that no one would tune in finale night if the final 2 was Kevin and Natalie.

• Love 1

slasherboy, there'll be a new thread once BBCAN's season gets closer. It doesn't begin until Feb of 2015!

Thank you!

I couldn't believe the edit on Derrick's good-bye segment.  The editing was very distracting.

Could you explain the editing?  I watched it, but didn't notice anything untoward.  Of course, I never do.  I didn't even see Frankie throwing the confetti.   My mind wanders.....

It's something I've enjoyed about this season of Big Brother is how generally fun and playful they all are with one another.  

Oh, I have too.  I detested almost everyone last year and didn't enjoy them together at all.  But this year I really enjoy watching them just hanging out together and talking about this, that, and the other.  Their games and conversation topics are fun.  I'm truly going to miss them on BBAD.  I just wish Caleb was still with them instead of Victoria.  Not for gameplay or strategic purposes, but for throwing limes and chasing rodents.

Victoria drives. me. NUTS!!  Her voice is so irritating and last night, just out of the blue, she would squeal, "DERRICK.......!!!" then grin like a Cheshire Cat and giggle.  She'd say a few words, real quietly, and people will have to strain to hear her or try to understand what she's trying to say.  I hate that!

Also, does anybody believe Derrick is actually going to include her in his family gatherings and outings?  He keeps saying it'll happen, but I just don't see it.  Is he just feeding her all this bullshit for gameplay?  I don't think he needs to, so it seems really risky making promises he may not intend to keep.  And I love how Victoria keeps "suggesting" (without actually saying it on live TV) that she's going to share the money with Derrick if she wins.  

Who's sleeping where these days?

I wish I could see Zach when he's reunited with his little brother and Cody when he's reunited with his dad.  I know some people thought their hugging and kissing (on the lips) was weird, but I appreciate their closeness and see absolutely nothing wrong with it.  Cody obviously comes from a very loving family who aren't ashamed to show their affection with physical gestures.  No wonder Cody would cuddle when anybody and everybody in the house, although I don't think he ever cuddled with Victoria.  He would lay his head in her lap to get a scalp massage, but I think that was the end of it.

Thanks in advance for whomever answers my questions!  I'm sure going to miss you guys after next Wednesday.

Also, does anybody believe Derrick is actually going to include her in his family gatherings and outings?  He keeps saying it'll happen, but I just don't see it.  Is he just feeding her all this bullshit for gameplay?  I don't think he needs to, so it seems really risky making promises he may not intend to keep.  And I love how Victoria keeps "suggesting" (without actually saying it on live TV) that she's going to share the money with Derrick if she wins.

Derrick has told  the guys they will go on snowboarding trips together. In the beginning of the season I thought Derrick would go back to his regular life after the show and not keep in touch with anyone. As the season has gone on I don't think that's the case as soon as he was telling people he wanted to host his own podcast called Derrick After Dark next summer during Big Brother.

• Love 1

I think, at least at first, Derrick really will stay in touch with a few of these people.  He's been great at manipulating everyone and doesn't seem to mind voting them out, but at the same time, he seems like he's probably somewhat sentimental in his real life, and I imagine he values the people in his life.  I'm sure Vic will want to stay in touch at first, but I suspect Cody and Caleb will get caught up in being cute and semi-famous, and may only have time to meet up with the other HGs at BB-sponsored events.  They don't seem like people that form lasting emotional attachments.  Well, that's probably not fair - I guess it's more that they're at an age and of a personality type that it's easy to not stay in touch with folks.  

Victoria won the first game of Lime In A Bucket, shockingly.  She was actually no better or no worse than the guys, and they seemed a little surprised and a little annoyed.  But overall, it was fun watching them have fun.  And then they all sat on the couch in silence and I got bored. 

• Love 1

No matter how Derrick finishes, I'm already picturing his return to work.  He will be inundated with "Hollas" from his co-workers. Said "Hollas" will then continue to haunt him the rest of his days. He will get them at work, church, on the street, etc.  His tombstone may even be inscribed, "Can I get a Holla?"

ETA: The above theory is for entertainment purposes only as BB fame fades quickly in reality.

Edited by LordBowen
  • Love 5

They filmed or are currently filming (Last year it was done at night so it's possible it's at night again) the Jury segment today I'm assuming again. They are filming it on the CBS lot.

http://imgur.com/a/tz0dT

I wonder who is hosting. The name tag around that one guy just says HOST. Anyone have any idea? Last year was Dr. Will, it would be cool if it was him again.

• Love 2

This is the same exterior lot they used for Bill & Katie's wedding on the CBS soap B&B. The soap that Donny will star on. That said, this so weird that they are shooting it here. Usually, they sit around the actual jury house & discuss everything.

Edit to add. I may be totally wrong. At least, I think it's on the backlot of universal? & that "house" is from an old tv show.

Edited by ByaNose