Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

I'm so ashamed I still watch this show.

Often I hate myself for still watching this show, but actually, the truth here is that I'm watching just so I can read this forum. I'm a lazy BBAD watcher, even episode watcher too, but dammit, I love keeping up here with y'all. The writing is intelligent, funny and razor sharp and for most of the time, free of glaring grammar mistakes which seems in this modern computer age a real "gift". For that I say thank you baby Jesus.

Part of my lazy BBAD watching is a few minutes in the morning when I drink my coffee and since I have injured my shoulder and am on heavy pain meds until my MRI on Wednesday, it seems my patience and tolence level for bullshit has decreased a million fold, so the last few mornings when I turn that dial and see Frankie with obvious shiny tear stained cheeks, my first reaction is one of sympathy only to realize that it's the stupid glitter again, and click, off goes the TV and I'm ashamed at myself that I fell for it again!

• Love 7
Also, it was odd (sorta amazing) that the jury all basically have Derrick winning. What was even more amazing was BB not editing it any differently. Thanks for the suspense guys. Jeez!!!

It ain't over until the heavyset woman hits a couple of high octaves. The jury doesn't know yet about Derrick's real profession. If that slips out it could change everything. Also, if Frankie gets booted and let lose on the jury he'll surely try to turn as many of them as he can. (Unless production bribes him not to, I guess.)

• Love 1

Derrick being a cop hasn't come out & it won't until the votes are read. IMO! At this point, why would it come out & by whom? Certainly not Derrick. The jury will find out about TA & Derrick being a cop after the votes. Without that the show doesn't have anything to show at this point. And, if Derrick should win him being a cop will further (I think) impress or infuriate the jury. LOL!!!

Edited by ByaNose

Someone brought it up earlier, but if a TA member is in the Final 2, they have to change the format of the finale or get no payoff. It seems pretty imparative to show the other players about all the missions (they will laugh seeing Derrick stuff clothes down his pants) and have them all react. They can't reveal it if Derrick is in the final!

I have wanted a format change for a long time on this show's finale, so I'm hoping this happens. Seems silly to not even talk to the Top 2 players.

• Love 1

They aren't going to show TA at all until after all the votes are cast. That would possibly blow up Derricks game. If Frankie and Derrick were both In the final 2 then I could see them exposing it since they are both already there. But either they will reveal if after the votes or cast and before there is a winner. Or they will do the winner a bit earlier in the episode so that they can show TA to the Housguests, and also have Derrick reveal he is a cop.

And it's also a possibility that Frankie won't even go an stay at the Jury house. Apparently they get sequestered a week before the finale. So he might not even go there at all, and just be there for the Jury round table. So no spilling the beans about TA. I think when the rest of the Jury talk about how Derrick got rid of them all and he was behind it, Frankie will probably be like oh I knew it all along lol.

Edited by SiobhanJW

Someone brought it up earlier, but if a TA member is in the Final 2, they have to change the format of the finale or get no payoff. It seems pretty imperative to show the other players about all the missions (they will laugh seeing Derrick stuff clothes down his pants) and have them all react. They can't reveal it if Derrick is in the final!

I have wanted a format change for a long time on this show's finale, so I'm hoping this happens. Seems silly to not even talk to the Top 2 players.

That was me and I hadn't even thought of footage showing them stealing their clothes.  They would get good reaction shots on that one!  Their faces upon learning Derrick is a cop would be good too.  I want to see Caleb and Cody when they learn Donny really is a grounds keeper.  There is much they could include to make the finale interesting!  

We suspend huge chunks of our lives for 2+months only to have the door slammed in our face.  Where is the denouement?  You never end a novel with the climax!  Surely they will stage things differently because of TA.  Right? I have wished for a lot of things this season that never came to be so this may just be another one ending a long string of disappointment.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Also, it was odd (sorta amazing) that the jury all basically have Derrick winning. What was even more amazing was BB not editing it any differently. Thanks for the suspense guys. Jeez!!!

The editors are doing the best they can.  Look what they have to work with!  There hasn't been any suspense this whole season because these people are so dumb and predictable.  Other than Derrick and Donny, none of the others showed any ability to strategize at all.  I'm amazed that the ratings for the show have been as good as they have been.

• Love 1

slasherboy Asked how to watch BB Canada from the USA. Well, Slasherboy, i watched on TV as I am Canadian. I know there are ways to watch it from the US.

http://www.bigbrothercanada.ca/ that is the home site and that is our Julie Chen on the main page.

Under video it currently has the last 6 episodes from last season. I am not sure if you can watch outside Canada. Someone on here will probably know more.

Edited by Machiabelly

As much, as I think the show was boring this summer I can't wait next summer. LOL!! This is my dirty little secret/guilty pleasure. The ratings are usually good because it's a trashy reality show with no competition. That said, I hope we get an All Star next season. Although, I'm not sure if Donny would be able to take another summer off. Most likely it would be Zach since he doesn't & probably never will work for a living. LOL!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2

The editors are doing the best they can.  Look what they have to work with!  There hasn't been any suspense this whole season because these people are so dumb and predictable.  Other than Derrick and Donny, none of the others showed any ability to strategize at all.  I'm amazed that the ratings for the show have been as good as they have been.

You get hooked way before there is an inkling of what the season will become.  Look at all of us here and other boards discussing how dull things are.  No one is canceling feeds or skipping the shows.  Our hope kept us hanging on.  And once you have come this far what joy is there in not seeing it through?  

• Love 6

Often I hate myself for still watching this show, but actually, the truth here is that I'm watching just so I can read this forum. I'm a lazy BBAD watcher, even episode watcher too, but dammit, I love keeping up here with y'all. The writing is intelligent, funny and razor sharp and for most of the time, free of glaring grammar mistakes which seems in this modern computer age a real "gift". For that I say thank you baby Jesus.

Echo wholeheartedly. The forum discussions are easily at least 80% of the entertainment I get out of this show. Some of the writing reminds me of 2-1/2 Men at its best. :)

Part of my lazy BBAD watching is a few minutes in the morning when I drink my coffee and since I have injured my shoulder and am on heavy pain meds until my MRI on Wednesday, it seems my patience and tolence level for bullshit has decreased a million fold, so the last few mornings when I turn that dial and see Frankie with obvious shiny tear stained cheeks, my first reaction is one of sympathy only to realize that it's the stupid glitter again, and click, off goes the TV and I'm ashamed at myself that I fell for it again!

I think that's a normal reaction to repeated exposures to Frankie. Each time it gets worse because with each exposure, you know with increasing certainty exactly how irritating he's going to be, exactly how loud he's going to be THIS time, exactly how much your ears will want to bleed, etc.

Watching Frankie is a lot like getting a tattoo. There's pain when the needle first starts going, but it's at a manageable level. After 3+ hours in the chair, however...? The actual pain level hasn't changed one bit, but the aggravation level at the unendingly constant jabs makes you want to kill something loudly. By now, I get that from Frankie a LOT. Thank god for (1) Mute buttons, (2) DVRs, and (3) fast forward.

• Love 12

Echo wholeheartedly. The forum discussions are easily at least 80% of the entertainment I get out of this show. Some of the writing reminds me of 2-1/2 Men at its best. :)

I think that's a normal reaction to repeated exposures to Frankie. Each time it gets worse because with each exposure, you know with increasing certainty exactly how irritating he's going to be, exactly how loud he's going to be THIS time, exactly how much your ears will want to bleed, etc.

Watching Frankie is a lot like getting a tattoo. There's pain when the needle first starts going, but it's at a manageable level. After 3+ hours in the chair, however...? The actual pain level hasn't changed one bit, but the aggravation level at the unendingly constant jabs makes you want to kill something loudly. By now, I get that from Frankie a LOT. Thank god for (1) Mute buttons, (2) DVRs, and (3) fast forward.

Superior analogy!!  .....kill something loudly, Hysterical! 

• Love 2

The show needs to really change up the format.... mix it all up with a few "Golden Girls" and "Old Geezers" and make the challenges less physical so they can compete. And into the mix they should throw in a few celebrities. 

Or they can pair up a senior with a celebrity and an all star and have only the all stars participate in challenges to guarantee safety for the 3 person team. 

The feeds and BBAD were boring as all heck, and some humor within a new dynamic would stir the pot. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 1

I just saw a video with Chris Brown and she whose name shall not be mentioned, and startlingly there were shots of her from the right side. Mostly left side, but I laughed when the right side was shown. Nothing wrong with the right side, but I think she only has the dimple on the left side. Like Kristin Dunst.

Anyway -- pretty girl. Not my kind of music. It's hard for me to judge something that is so synthesized and auto tuned. Still see FJG every time I look at her, so ugh.

Edited by Stinamaia

And into the mix they should throw in a few celebrities.

I'm all for mixing it up, but please - NO to the celebs.  All they'll get are the D-list fame whores you see on every reality show.  Right now they're infesting David Tutera "CELEBrations" and I just can't watch.  You know the list: J Wow, a few "Housewives", Brandy and Ray J.  They're like cockroaches.  You just can't get rid of them. I don't watch David Tutera any more because of them, and I'd have to stop watching Rig Brother if they infest that set too.

• Love 4

I suppose they could reveal all the secrets and TA after the keys are in the box and before the winner is announced.  I don't like the idea of two of them being still in the house though during all that.  I'm sure that's how it will be though, because Julie cannot handle change.  At least the finale is 90 minutes... wasn't it only an hour last year?  They wanted to keep the interviews to a minimum with that group!  The end always feels odd to me, especially since I've gotten so used to the three hour Sunday finales that Survivor has.

Can't be any worse than the very unprofessional rehearsal they are accidentally broadcasting on the Big Ten Network before the Michigan game starts. Live TV failure.  

• Love 1

Having an invited studio audience for Frankie's eviction could be read by him as having an audience of his "peers" or "colleagues". BOO.

The team America bonus at the end could have always been in place. I believe it was. That said, TELLING Derrick and Frankie serves much more to make Frankie both distracted and want to be positive about having Derrick be in play at the end than it serves to make Derrick distracted from voting Frankie out. I realize that the veto has already been won by Cody, and we are yet to find out whether it will be used.....but I think Frankie being given the information caused him some major distraction - leading to his failure to winveto. Note that Derrick went and took a meditation rest while Frankie flitted around trying to digest how wonderful his fans must think he is.

• Love 1

I suppose they could reveal all the secrets and TA after the keys are in the box and before the winner is announced.  I don't like the idea of two of them being still in the house though during all that.  I'm sure that's how it will be though, because Julie cannot handle change.  At least the finale is 90 minutes... wasn't it only an hour last year?  They wanted to keep the interviews to a minimum with that group!  The end always feels odd to me, especially since I've gotten so used to the three hour Sunday finales that Survivor has.

Can't be any worse than the very unprofessional rehearsal they are accidentally broadcasting on the Big Ten Network before the Michigan game starts. Live TV failure.  

Good thought.  Announcing stuff after the keys are in and before the vote is revealed is the way to go.

Not sure where you get the notion Julie doesn't like change.  She shows up on Thursdays to do the live show, her involvement is in its production is nil.  She is a producer on The Talk which airs daily.  That is her main focus.  

ETA.  She has people who keep her filled in on what is going on in the house.  She isn't always fully informed either!  

Edited by wings707

He also tweeted that even if he doesn't get booed during his eviction. When the jurors come out during the Finale he will definitely hear all that there will be far louder cheers for Donny/Zach/Nicole and not a lot for him. Lol.

Ah ha.  Since we will miss his live exit this is a delicious thought!

Not sure where you get the notion Julie doesn't like change.  She shows up on Thursdays to do the live show, her involvement is in its production is nil.  She is a producer on The Talk which airs daily.  That is her main focus.  

This is what I meant... she isn't involved.  She just comes in and goes through the motions robotically, so if she had to do some sort of winners interview, that would take extra effort.  She's not involved like Jeff Probst, she's just a host.

Ah ha.  Since we will miss his live exit this is a delicious thought!

I'm even more excited about the fact that Frankie will be in the running for America's Player (since he'll be on the jury) but most likely won't even be in the top three vote-getters. At least I pray he won't be. 

• Love 6

I'm even more excited about the fact that Frankie will be in the running for America's Player (since he'll be on the jury) but most likely won't even be in the top three vote-getters. At least I pray he won't be. 

And there is more!!  

• Love 1

Derrick and Cody talking in BY.  Derrick is working his magic.  He is talking about getting Caleb out before Vic.  He is giving reasons; Cody may be buying this.  They make an F2 pact.  Thought they had already done that a couple of times.   

Derrick says they won't have this conversation again, and Caleb can't get even a little whiff of their plan.  I believe they will, time to hold true to deals not they are at zero hour.  Now can they pull it off is the question. 

It shouldn't be so hard, honestly. One of them will win HoH since Caleb can't play. It's usually Before/After at final 4, so I'm guessing Derrick will win. And then they just can't have Caleb win veto. final 4 veto is usually a challenging puzzle based on the events in the house. I don't have the impression that Caleb knows that stuff very well. This is why Frankie is so much more dangerous - he does know house events/timelines. Is it true Caleb is not a big fan of the show? He doesn't seem to realize that memorizing house events is super important at this stage of the game. Then again, it would severely cut into his HoH room dance party time, so he probably can't be bothered with studying.

• Love 5

Agreed! I often find myself fast forwarding through BBAD...I cannot take the cooking of the whitefish...salmon...cereal crunching, BELCHING, Frankie accosting, ab crunches...oy vey! At least make BBAD interesting.

Best part for me over the past couple of nights? Caleb with his headphones getting down LOL...it truly does make me laugh.

• Love 3

I often find myself fast forwarding through BBAD...I cannot take the cooking of the whitefish...salmon...

Ha!  Last night Cody even told Frankie he used to really like the whitefish but now... not so much.   I took it as a metaphor for Cody's feelings towards Frankie, even if Cody probably doesn't know what a metaphor is and was actually being literal.  Literally. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 13

Ha!  Last night Cody even told Frankie he used to really like the whitefish but now... not so much. 

I know! I laughed so much....it's either fish, cereal, tuna or quesadillas...anyone else notice that? and we can pretty much figure out who eats what lol

"I'm going to bed in two hours"

"Me too"

"Unless we can go out in the backyard"

"i'm going to bed in two hours"

"i'm exhausted"

"Me too"

"I definitely think i'm going to bed in two hours"

Really? In the wise words of Morgan Freeman..........Go the f*ck to sleep! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G17wQR3DL0

• Love 3

I know! I laughed so much....it's either fish, cereal, tuna or quesadillas...anyone else notice that? and we can pretty much figure out who eats what lol

"I'm going to bed in two hours"

"Me too"

"Unless we can go out in the backyard"

"i'm going to bed in two hours"

"i'm exhausted"

"Me too"

"I definitely think i'm going to bed in two hours"

Really? In the wise words of Morgan Freeman..........Go the f*ck to sleep! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G17wQR3DL0

Thanks, love the Morgan Freeman story!  

Thanks, love the Morgan Freeman story!  

Thanks, Wings! after watching night after night of them going  on about going to bed....I was like ok! 

Time to bring out some Morgan Freeman lol

Edited by autumnh

I wonder if they are going to reveal that Frankie is actually 31 and not 28!!! Haha

I can see the reaction now:

Victoria: "O. M. G. !"

Hayden: "seriously?"

Christine: "I hate him."

Nicole: "Frankie is 31!!!! 3 years older than what he told us!!!!!!!! He's Ooolllddd! He's the enemy! O. M. G. ! This is SOOO shocking! My entire game was based on him being 28!"

Donny: " I'm not sure why anyone would want to lie about their age when there's so many other things to be lying about, but, hey, touchdown!!"

Victoria: "HOW was he able to keep it a secret?!"

Jocasta: "He made it farther than me." Waves finger.

Caleb: "Does THIS mean he isn't even gay?!"

Cody: "dude.....aihhhhhh! I saw the rat!!!!!"

Zach, Caleb, Cody,: "Eeww!"

Derrick: " whaaa?"

Julie Chen: "Also, Derrick is a cop."

Edited by Seawolff
  • Love 10

Frankie is right.  Technically.  The vast majority of America has no idea who he is, so they are not pissed off.  

But he has seriously pissed off the vast majority of people who have seen the real FJG and do know who he is.

• Love 6

Someone on another BB forum posted these tweets:

BBFeedster

Frankie to Cody: If I win America's Favorite, it's because I won America's Favorite. It's not because my sister is Ariana Grande. #BB16
8:07 PM - 13 Sep 2014

Big Brother Updates @BB_Updates
Frankie- Ariana, if you're watching, please tweet for me to win America's Favorite Player #BB16
8:11 PM - 13 Sep 2014

• Love 12

Someone on another BB forum posted these tweets:

Big Brother Updates @BB_Updates

Frankie- Ariana, if you're watching, please tweet for me to win America's Favorite Player #BB16

8:11 PM - 13 Sep 2014

I wish this would disqualify him from being in the running for AFP - asking for help.

• Love 4

Echo wholeheartedly. The forum discussions are easily at least 80% of the entertainment I get out of this show.

Co-sign!

If Ariana tweets out to vote for Frankie as AFP and then he DOESN'T WIN, I'd probably attempt a cartwheel!

Edited by housecat
  • Love 7