Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Where's Your Other Wives, Tunde?

• Start Topic

Dottie, Auntie Olu and Uncle Tunde must find a way to reconcile when they're forced to eat dinner together. Also, Bob and Abishola have differing opinions on the progress of their relationship.

Airdate: 02/17/2020

I like Tunde's exasperated "Oh, Bob!" when Bob says the wrong thing, Tunde said it in the exact same way in the episode where Abishola's son told her that he wants to be a dancer and it's always funny.

The episodes really must be shown out of order if Bob said his relationship with Abishola was still in it's early stages, when last week he told her he's in love (Plus it seems like he never left his job). I liked that the show adressed the issues many people have with their relationship, that yes they are very different, but Abishola and Bob do make each other happy and were miserable without each other.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, jalady said:

Did we know his siblings were twins?  How did I miss that???!!

That was my exact reaction too!  Although it does explain how they always seemed a little too close and alike. At least now we can just say the twins to describe them instead of the longer, younger brother and sister lol. 

• Love 6

I feel like it was mentioned at one point that his siblings were twins, but I'm not 100% sure.I did laugh at Dottie trying to get Olu and Tunde to take them, lol.

Also, everyone's reactions when Bob stuck his foot in his mouth was hilarious. Oh, Bob indeed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I streamed this with the commercials cut out (DADT), and even with the shots of words etc. it was only 17 minutes. 

Still, when it was over, I was smiling and had been for at least 10 minutes.

The 3 Nigerian male characters had all the good lines (according to my funny bone) in this ep. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Harvey said:

The episodes really must be shown out of order if Bob said his relationship with Abishola was still in it's early stages, when last week he told her he's in love (Plus it seems like he never left his job). 

This is one of the few shows where as far as I can tell, this has never happened. Every episode has been shown in production order. It does have kind of an overarching season-long arc so it would be kind of hard to swap episodes around I guess. 

Edited by Phishbulb
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I streamed this with the commercials cut out (DADT), and even with the shots of words etc. it was only 17 minutes. 

Still, when it was over, I was smiling and had been for at least 10 minutes.

The 3 Nigerian male characters had all the good lines (according to my funny bone) in this ep. 

It was one of the best episodes yet. Both funny and informative. Tunde & Olu have a great dynamic with Dottie. All their scenes together are entertaining,

• Love 6

It seems as if each episode is a stand-alone story; you don't need to have seen previous episodes for them to make sense or be funny.  Though they do refer to things that happened previously (such as the pre-nup discussion).

Abishola's uncle and aunt were so funny!  And I don't remember hearing that Bob's sibs were twins.  Loved Dottie trying to give them away!

Not everyone sees it, but I think Bob & Abishola have great chemistry.  I loved their late-night phone conversation.

• Love 6

I want a show featuring the aunt and uncle, and Bob's family and Bob, and the other staff at the factory and the hospital especially Vernee Watson. 

Abishola is a drag. 

The others are so funny.  

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Tosia said:

I want a show featuring the aunt and uncle, and Bob's family and Bob, and the other staff at the hospital especially Vernee Watson. 

Abishola is a drag. 

The others are so funny.  

I agree, @Tosia.  Although I don't much love Bob's mother and siblings at least they're good comedy.  Abishola just sucks all the joy out of a room (and an episode).

When I first started watching this show I thought it was going to be more of a lighthearted romantic comedy.  It turns out that because of Abishola it has all the romance and comedy of an assisted living facility.  Maybe even less.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, jalady said:

Did we know his siblings were twins?  How did I miss that???!!

18 hours ago, Dbolt said:

That was my exact reaction too!  Although it does explain how they always seemed a little too close and alike. At least now we can just say the twins to describe them instead of the longer, younger brother and sister lol. 

17 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I feel like it was mentioned at one point that his siblings were twins, but I'm not 100% sure.I did laugh at Dottie trying to get Olu and Tunde to take them, lol.

I was surprised to hear they were twins also, but then I was trying to remember, and I think it was mentioned in the episode when Dottie had her stroke.

I’m not sure but I think a high Christina asks Bob if she should use her psychic twin powers to find Douglas when he’s lost.😄 Honestly I don’t know if that happened or I’m confusing it with another show 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by Izzy85

I watched it last night. Abishola and Bob seem to have a 'cat and mouse' relationship. When Bob pulls back, Abishola is angry at him for doing so. When he approaches, she steps back and resists him. What the heck is going on with their so-called relationship? This show is all over the place, IMO. The writers should start over again IMO. Lighten up Abishola and develop their relationship slowly over time with episodes that mesh well together.

• Love 3
On 2/19/2020 at 2:37 AM, floridamom said:

I watched it last night. Abishola and Bob seem to have a 'cat and mouse' relationship. When Bob pulls back, Abishola is angry at him for doing so. When he approaches, she steps back and resists him. What the heck is going on with their so-called relationship? This show is all over the place, IMO. The writers should start over again IMO. Lighten up Abishola and develop their relationship slowly over time with episodes that mesh well together.

Since they are playing Abishola as a devout Christian who has only been with her husband  in an extended family approved relationship I am thinking all of this relationship stuff is new to her and she is learning what most Americans get as teenagers.  That Kemi along with her aunt and uncle can talk about their non fundamentalist Christian sexual activities, be it premarital with the pharmacist or following the lead of Muslims for polygamy  just says there is  range of activity in any church or ethnic community.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Raja said:

Since they are playing Abishola as a devout Christian who has only been with her husband  in an extended family approved relationship I am thinking all of this relationship stuff is new to her and she is learning what most Americans get as teenagers.  That Kemi along with her aunt and uncle can talk about their non fundamentalist Christian sexual activities, be it premarital with the pharmacist or following the lead of Muslims for polygamy  just says there is  range of activity in any church or ethnic community.

I agree that a lot of Abishola's rigidity about sex is due to her specific approach to her faith, which is probably influenced a lot by her specific upbringing and experiences because she's not just rigid and rule-bound about sex, but in general about a lot of things.  I think Bob's laid back and accepting way is supposed to balance her out and soften/open her up somewhat, but so far it's been painful baby steps all the way and not much progress.

• Love 3
On 2/19/2020 at 2:37 AM, Izzy85 said:

I was surprised to hear they were twins also, but then I was trying to remember, and I think it was mentioned in the episode when Dottie had her stroke.

I’m not sure but I think a high Christina asks Bob if she should use her psychic twin powers to find Douglas when he’s lost.😄 Honestly I don’t know if that happened or I’m confusing it with another show 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think that was the first time it was mentioned that they were twins.  There may have been one other occasion, though.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Useful 1

Tunde & Olu are still my favorite characters, they rarely fail to crack me up. "Oh Bob..." 

I liked the whole sequence where Bob and Abishola were sad and lonely without each other, it was a nice way to visually show how much they missed each other and even with their differences, they are much better together. 

• Love 7

I hated that Bob was going to binge eat all that crap because he was upset. And then went back and ate the cake anyway. Why is all that shit in his fridge anyway? He is so obese, had a friggin heart attack not long ago. It makes me sad and angry that he doesn't care about his health. I hope the actor will lose a few pounds also, so unhealthy. 

18 hours ago, msrachelj said:

I hope the actor will lose a few pounds also, so unhealthy. 

Yes, I would feel better about watching the show even if he was still technically "obese" but just not "morbidly obese."
My long-time local weather person just had gastric bypass surgery for his health, which I assume is a good thing; I really don't know. I have my own other life-threatening conditions to worry about. 😉 

• Love 1
On 3/11/2020 at 12:00 PM, msrachelj said:

I hated that Bob was going to binge eat all that crap because he was upset. And then went back and ate the cake anyway. Why is all that shit in his fridge anyway? He is so obese, had a friggin heart attack not long ago. It makes me sad and angry that he doesn't care about his health. I hope the actor will lose a few pounds also, so unhealthy. 

I think that pizza was eaten by Bob and his siblings.  I don't think he's able to change his food choices, even after a heart attack scare, sadly.

On another note, the see thru fridge is awesome.  What's the going lowest price for a fridge like that?