Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Chez Second Grade

“Chez Second Grade” – It’s Valentine’s Day! Will and Angie have reunited to help run the student-parent dinner at Hilltop, where the kids are serving up questionable meals to paying customers. Meanwhile, Big Red is back in town and Douglas is worried about how Poppy will react on an all-new episode of “Single Parents,” WEDNESDAY, FEB. 12 (9:31-10:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. (TV-PG, DL) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.

I love the fact that Angie is so larcenous.  I mean, she managed to sneak in a few personal items on the PTA credit card.  You do you, Angie!

That was a nice Valentine's day themed episode that showcased the two main romances on the show, the more conventional Doug & Poppy and the less so, Will and Angie.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Was Angie's British guy the same British guy that Alex had the hots for over on Modern Family recently?

Chris Geere. I know him as (shitty) Jimmy Shive-Overly from You're the Worst. IMDb does show him as playing someone named Arvin on Modern Family if that helps.

• Useful 2

I love how on TV, they always make it look like there are British people all over the US, randomly popping up in every friend group or workplace. I'm almost 40 years old and live in a medium-sized city, with a pretty diverse population...I'm seriously racking my brain, but honestly think I have NEVER met a Brit except for a couple of exchange students back in college.

Did I miss something, or why was Douglas' exam room called the "choo choo room"? At first I thought he was a pediatrician (given how little they actually mention his work, I totally forgot what kind of doctor he was) but then I remembered he's a dermatologist. ??

Always happy to see Chris Geere pop up! That was a nice Valentines Day episode, I especially liked the turns that the Douglas and Poppy plot took. Poppy isnt some crazy jealous lady...she is a very reasonable jealous lady thank you very much! 

"The sad part is that I rehearsed that." 

• Love 2

Love this show but the Angie/Will stuff is getting tedious. We had to deal with Angie giving looks at Will and his girlfriend, and now we are going to see Angie and this hot British dad date with Will looking wistfully in the background? Either get them together or keep them as friends. It was funny seeing an ex Bachelorette contestant (Tyler) as the hot mail guy. I was wondering why he looked familiar.

On 2/14/2020 at 3:14 PM, Hasseltine said:
On 2/13/2020 at 7:31 PM, Bulldog said:

Was Angie's British guy the same British guy that Alex had the hots for over on Modern Family recently?

Chris Geere. I know him as (shitty) Jimmy Shive-Overly from You're the Worst. IMDb does show him as playing someone named Arvin on Modern Family if that helps.

He was Alex' physics professor who dated Haley.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:38 PM, SnarkySheep said:

I love how on TV, they always make it look like there are British people all over the US, randomly popping up in every friend group or workplace. I'm almost 40 years old and live in a medium-sized city, with a pretty diverse population...I'm seriously racking my brain, but honestly think I have NEVER met a Brit except for a couple of exchange students back in college.

Did I miss something, or why was Douglas' exam room called the "choo choo room"? At first I thought he was a pediatrician (given how little they actually mention his work, I totally forgot what kind of doctor he was) but then I remembered he's a dermatologist. ??

I'm older than you and also live in a mid-sized city. I don't think I've ever had a Brit in the periphery of my existence, someone I may run into from time to time, but I did know a guy from New Zealand who used to get his newspaper from the convenience stand where I worked back in the 80s. So that's...something.  😁

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 1

In greater Seattle, supermarkets often have a British section next to the Mexican and Asian foods. 

In return, my friends in my college town in Scotland say there is an American section in the local supermarket.

I live in-between 2 of the larger cities in North Carolina and I know several British people, including 1 who’s been my co-worker for over 10 years. And I grew up going to and then working at a summer camp about an hour away that had several international staff members working there every summer through an organization called Camp Counselors USA. Basically it allows college kids a way to get a visa for the summer.- the ones I worked with would take local trips on our days off and they usually could stay in the US for another month or so after camp ended and they’d sightsee in whatever other place they wanted to visit (most commonly NYC). I have friends from England, Australia, New Zealand and other countries because of this program. Even just standing in line for a ride at Disney World a few years ago, we ended up chatting with the British family in line in front of us. I kind of can’t seem to not run into British people, LOL!