Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: The Big Bang

snarts
  • Start Topic

The summer starts off with a bang when Carl takes his friendship with Lindsay to the next level; while the returning housemates savor the juicy gossip, newbies Luke and Jules wonder what they've signed up for.

The girls were being sort of rude at dinner, but god damn Kyle. His reaction was so out of proportion. I guess proposing didn’t solve all his problems. Shocking. Just so shocking. 🙄

i like Hannah but she was bugging me. Trying too hard Hannah is not my favorite Hannah.

Kyle seems to have some real deep issues with Paige left over from whatever his issue with her and Carl was last season. We’ll see how that goes.

Don't really care about Carl and Lindsey. They’ll start screaming at each other soon enough.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Thankfully they got rid of that one guy, forgot his name. Luke is much nicer eye candy in this shit store show

I couldn't even watch last season. I gave up. I have slightly higher hopes for this season. The guy you are talking about, I can't remember his name either, brought so much negative energy to the house. #notfun

26 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Don't really care about Carl and Lindsey. They’ll start screaming at each other soon enough.

She was so visibly threatened by the new girl, who seems nice enough!! Lindsey so wants to be a Wirkus top girl in the house and she can't if she acts like that on the side.

I feel for Amanda. Kyle really isn't Fun Kyle. His true colors are finally starting to come out. Did they find a new apartment together or did she move into his place? That always screws up the dynamic bc even if you agree to share living space, it was his first and it sounds like he's being a dick about the way she lives. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MV713 said:

Jordan... eeeww.

But in the preview he makes an appearance.

They did specifically at the beginning of the show that he was not returning.  I assume, if he is in the preview, that it's either a flashback or he's doing a swoop and poop.  I could've sworn he finally found someone to be with and just didn't need the show anymore?

ETA:  maybe not.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/26/bravo-summer-house-jordan-verroi-quits-three-weeks-early/

Edited by b2H

Carl, just the same old schmuck as the previous seasons.  Who finger bangs and tells - is he twelve?  When any guy feels the need to brag to his bros about what happens with anyone in the bedroom, those are the guys that need to be promptly dumped.  

• Love 12
7 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

Ha!  Who, in the Bravo organization, thinks that these people are attractive or interesting or watchable?

I want names.

Now that you mention it, they are really not exceptionally attractive and definitely not interesting at all. They all are too desperate. I guess I just watch it b/c it's a trainwreck and makes me realize my life isn't THAT bad compared to them. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I guess I just watch it b/c it's a trainwreck and makes me realize my life isn't THAT bad compared to them. 

Me too. I listen to the "Everything Iconic" and "Watch What Crappens" podcasts on my phone to lull me to sleep every night.  When they do a funny recap, I'll watch the episode. But the cast just seems so stuck in dysfunctional patterns - the granny in me wants to get them into therapy while they're young enough to change. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I especially enjoyed Carl’s explanation to Kyle that the girls were immature babies born in 1993 and “from a different gen” so they don’t know how to behave while hours earlier Kyle was whispering with everyone about Carl and Lindsay’s hook up like a middle school gossip. Save me the “we’re just so mature” proclamations. These guys are in their mid to late thirties and still giggling about “finger banging” someone. Gross. The entire cast are a bunch of immature morons.

Also every time I watch this show I hate myself for it because I hate every single person on it. 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

Me too. I listen to the "Everything Iconic" and "Watch What Crappens" podcasts on my phone to lull me to sleep every night.  When they do a funny recap, I'll watch the episode. But the cast just seems so stuck in dysfunctional patterns - the granny in me wants to get them into therapy while they're young enough to change. 

"Gents!"

1 hour ago, TeeMo said:

Also every time I watch this show I hate myself for it because I hate every single person on it. 🤣

I hate everyone on it.

Why are they always sleeping with and dressing up that zebra, Wesley Stripes?  It's weird, and not funny.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

She needs to kick his ass to the curb. After having been through some bad relationships, I would NEVER put up with his garbage. I’m sure the allure is the beautiful apartment, the spot on a tv show and all that that implies. He’s never respected her nor has he treated her with respect.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

She needs to kick his ass to the curb. After having been through some bad relationships, I would NEVER put up with his garbage. I’m sure the allure is the beautiful apartment, the spot on a tv show and all that that implies. He’s never respected her nor has he treated her with respect.

I just think those two need to break up. Kyle has his issues but so does Amanda... I do see Kyle's point in that she doesn't follow through on things and is a bit of a slob too. My husband has never been the type to clean up after himself, ever! If I don't ask him to, he won't do it. But I am ok with it b/c he does handle other things around the house that I can't or won't do.  If Kyle isn't willing to accept her for who she is, he needs to break up with her. Most times people will not change who they are. They might, but maybe not for long if at all. Kyle has his issues too, he isn't innocent in this either, but to me there is too much of an age gap for them to last long. He is having to be her parent rather than partner, and that dynamic is not good (unless they are both ok with it, but they don't seem to be at all)

Edited by MissFeatherbottom
  • Love 3

I definitely hear what you're saying, but I don't think Amanda needs to be parented. She's an adult holding down a full-time job of her own. I see Kyle as a little weenie who can't work *for anyone else, so he's trying to make his little fledgling ventures work on his own. Making her Creative Director upsets the balance in their relationship and it's another way he's trying to control her. He doesn't want to hear that she's just come home from work and needs to chill for a minute. She's a grownup. If she wants to leave her shoe in the middle of the floor, that's her prerogative. If he can't take occasional messiness, especially on the weekend, they shouldn't be together. They're too different. And he's a dick. At 28, Amanda has her sh*t way more together than Kyle in his mid-30s ever has. I think the parenting is the other way around actually because he acts like a complete fool when he drinks and she has to pick up the pieces...they really should break up.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I definitely hear what you're saying, but I don't think Amanda needs to be parented. She's an adult holding down a full-time job of her own. I see Kyle as a little weenie who can't work *for anyone else, so he's trying to make his little fledgling ventures work on his own. Making her Creative Director upsets the balance in their relationship and it's another way he's trying to control her. He doesn't want to hear that she's just come home from work and needs to chill for a minute. She's a grownup. If she wants to leave her shoe in the middle of the floor, that's her prerogative. If he can't take occasional messiness, especially on the weekend, they shouldn't be together. They're too different. And he's a dick. At 28, Amanda has her sh*t way more together than Kyle in his mid-30s ever has. I think the parenting is the other way around actually because he acts like a complete fool when he drinks and she has to pick up the pieces...they really should break up.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say he had to be her parent, but it does seem like I meant it that way. I meant to say that he thinks he has to be her parent or that is how he feels. I think a lot of that is due to the 10 year gap in age. She is definitely able to be messy, especially with having a full time job BUT I don't think that he is willing to accept that and she may never change that part of herself. But I think most of us agree that they need to break up! Any relationship that is like this before marriage is definitely a red flag. They won't fix their relationship by getting married. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, RedDelicious said:

Yes!! Agree... BTW I did a little deep diving and there's a video tour of their apartment, I love it. Le sigh... Will post in the media thread - it's dreamy. 

I'll have to take a look at it. Just from what we saw on the show, I did like it. It was pretty telling that Kyle said he never had lived with a girlfriend before. Isn't he 38 or 39? I was a bit surprised at that. They should have lived together in his old apartment before moving into one together! 

• Love 1

I think Kyle and Amanda's main problem is his drinking, not whatever petty garbage he was complaining about. If he doesn't stop (cutting down doesn't appear to be an option for him), I don't think they will make it. Maybe even then they won't be compatible, but I don't think they have a chance if he doesn't stop.

• Love 3