Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Judas Kiss

• Start Topic

Getting pregnant in 25 minutes is such a power move. Go, Lilith!

I am shocked that basically every main and regular character has been defeated. Unless they majorly re-do everything in the season finale, chapter 4 will be completely different.

• Love 3

At this point they've killed so many character that either they undo everything (or most things) in the finale, or this is a major baller move.

Suspect everyone will just get resurrected, so it's a bit hard to feel anything.

Also Sabrina is a total sap.  I mean even if it had been the real Judas, it's JUDAS ffs.  The man's name is literally a word for betrayer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I’m really enjoying this season so far. It feels very much like old school Buffy the Vampire Slayer when it was good (seasons 1-3), but more so the novels than the show itself. (I read those voraciously as a teen). It's nice to see all the different plots--namely Caliban, Lucifer/Faustus, Nick and the pagans all coming together to create an intricate, unified tale. I recall that was not the case in season one when the B-stories were quite disparate with the happenings of the witch world. 

That being said, I feel the show would have benefited from additional episodes to help let the story unfold instead of this breakneck speed pacing. Also, with so many characters dead or dying, a reset or mass resurrection seems inevitable, which lessens the stakes and investment in the current action.

Side note: It was really cool seeing Vlad the Impaler. That was every History channel documentary I've seen on the dude come to life. The costuming and makeup department is hitting it out of the park!

• Like 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Rahul said:

Also, with so many characters dead or dying, a reset or mass resurrection seems inevitable, which lessens the stakes and investment in the current action.

Yeah ... and things seemed to be going so well, for me, until now. 
But they have killed too many central characters to believe that things will stand as they are without a major timey-wimey reset taking place  .. which always feels like a lazy out. 

A couple of other things that have grown to annoy me:

• The Caliban competition being continued no matter what the current circumstances are. That over-stretched the limits of believability (even for this show).
  • Sabrina showing up at school to talk to Roz, despite all the major craziness that is happening. Sabrina's attendance at high school and witch school is so haphazard and for-plot's-sake-only that there is no believability  to it, either.  

Maybe I only imagined it, but the previous seasons seemed to have more believable day-to-day activities happening. Now - there is no mortuary business happening, there is no real coven left, no one has basketball or cheerleader practice ... and so on.
I am finding myself less invested as the show becomes more unhinged from its own daily reality.

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 3
On 1/31/2020 at 6:15 PM, shrewd.buddha said:

Yeah ... and things seemed to be going so well, for me, until now. 
But they have killed too many central characters to believe that things will stand as they are without a major timey-wimey reset taking place  .. which always feels like a lazy out. 

A couple of other things that have grown to annoy me:

• The Caliban competition being continued no matter what the current circumstances are. That over-stretched the limits of believability (even for this show).
  • Sabrina showing up at school to talk to Roz, despite all the major craziness that is happening. Sabrina's attendance at high school and witch school is so haphazard and for-plot's-sake-only that there is no believability  to it, either.  

Maybe I only imagined it, but the previous seasons seemed to have more believable day-to-day activities happening. Now - there is no mortuary business happening, there is no real coven left, no one has basketball or cheerleader practice ... and so on.
I am finding myself less invested as the show becomes more unhinged from its own daily reality.

I agree with all your points, but Ambrose himself exclaimed that Sabrina had chosen to continue the quest for the unholy regalia at the expense of being there for her family and friends in their hour of need, which in turn led to their dire straights.

I do think this show should reign in the crazy somewhat or else I fear it will completely go off the rails like Riverdale did after the first season. Although I did enjoy this season thus far, I feel like most of the writing was in service of the plot (i.e. Sabrina acting foolishly and complying with the request of "Judas," one of the most notorious backstabbers whose name is synonymous with treachery!) The writing was far more nuanced last season and did not favor the plot over character development. It was also more grounded in mundane reality, as you pointed out.

• Love 2

Damn, Agatha killed Dorcas? I guess when they turned her from stone to human, they forgot that she was still out of her mind.

Ooh, Judas is the father of Vlad the impaler? Interesting.

OF COURSE Caliban betrayed Sabrina. Girl, DUH.

I was shocked when Prudence was killed - all three Weird sisters gone? But when Faustus killed Zelda and then Harvey got eaten by the tree, it was just too many main characters for me to believe that they aren't going to have some way to reset the timeline or harness the green man's power to resurrect some of the main characters.

I liked that Zelda and Hilda, both hovering between worlds, were able to see their brother again. Even if he hadn't been able to give them any answers, I loved how happy they were when they realized who it was.

Lilith managing to get pregnant in the ten minutes that Lucifer was still napping in the tub totally cracked me up. I guess she's really fertile.

• Love 1
On 2/8/2020 at 4:46 AM, ruby24 said:

Ok, every single time Lucifer's onscreen I'm completely distracted by his ungodly hotness and can't even hear anything he's saying. It's like, really bad, lol.

Well, if hell doesn't work out for him, he could always become an underwear model.

Yeah, I just feel like we're leading to a cop out, ala the season 1 finale of the series Witchblade.

• Love 2

Daddy’s home! Lucy is hot and I suspect gay lol. Sorry ladies.  His Instagram is awesome. 
Lily got pregnant now after how many centuries boinking Lucy? 
Faustus is yum yum. Guess he needs the egg and twins for something bad.

Sabrina is an idiot. Duh.

Damn, Theo has good taste.  Hopefully a reset happens and Robin gets to stick around.

On a side note: I don't think Game of Thrones killed off this many characters in one episode (maybe except for the Red Wedding and even then, the percentage impact on the cast size was a lot smaller).  It got kinda difficult to follow towards the end of the episode.

• Love 1

Holy crap, there was so much killing, with a crazy huge number or major and supporting characters all dying one after the other, I feel like they will HAVE to find a way to resurrect everyone, or at least some people, or this show will be vastly different going forward! The only major characters who seem to be fully still in the game are Ambrose and Salem, the dream team! 

Even knowing that this will probably work out ok by the end, this was still a seriously intense episode, and one of their darkest yet. I like that all of the plots have all come together, this season has been super plot heavy in a way that has been exhausting (not a lot of day to day scenes or one off episodes like we have had in the past) but I am glad that we are really hitting a hard end game. 

Of course Vlad the Impaler shows up! Come on Sabrina, you gave the coins to Judas of all people? The guys whos whole deal is betrayal?! Even if he wasnt Caliban in disguise, you had to have seen that coming!

• Love 1
On 1/31/2020 at 5:15 PM, shrewd.buddha said:

The Caliban competition being continued no matter what the current circumstances are. That over-stretched the limits of believability (even for this show).

It makes no sense that there are longtime inviolable rules for the succession of Hell when it's a monarchy established by an immortal ruler, who's incidentally standing right there being lectured about who gets his throne of they win the competition!

Edited by Bruinsfan