Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Chapter Twenty-Two: Drag Me to Hell

• Start Topic

I love the idea of Faustus magically making his children age faster, they will be a lot more interesting to the show in this way, it's such a cool idea. But why was he going to sacrifice his own children to that underwater monster thing? That was so weird.

That yellow orb thing Faustus received from the beast will come back into play in some way for sure.

• Love 1

Magically aged kids are hit or miss with me.   On this show it makes sense though.   It is a complete asshole thing to do so of course Faustus would do it just to hid them from Prudence.   Big storylines use having magically adult kids with minds of children is an interesting way to go.    You have older actors playing them so you can actually have real stories but you can play them with the wonder of children.

i wasn’t sure which way the show would go with the Sabrina needs to drag souls to hell.  The old chess guy clearly just made a horrible mistake out of vanity but the other guy was outright evil.  So I think it is an interesting take to have Sabrina deciding on a case by case based which of Lucifers contracts she will uphold.

Clearly putting Lucifer in Faustus’s body is going to backfire.  Vainglorious Demigod.   Are we describing Lucifer or Faustus.   Putting both minds in the same body is asking for trouble.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Wow, way to put on those old timey cheerleader outfits and make me believe you are from the 1950's. Don't perform the same cheer routine twice in the same episode. Head over to Riverdale to learn how to effectively shake some retro pompoms.

I am not sure I enjoy Roz's singing voice, is she any good? I tend to be extremely picky about that kind of thing. 

• Love 1

Yeah the band bits are pointless unless there's a specific reason (one of the actors being musical aside).  I've only seen the first three episodes but it seems like they could have been vegging anywhere and Sabrina comes storming in.

Or at least show them just sitting chatting for a couple of seconds - do we need to have what seems like 30 seconds - 1 minute of music?  Or use the time for actual character development for the three of them.

• Love 2

You guys are harsh with the band thing! They gotta be hanging out somewhere, they have a life. A life without sabrina, too, which is cool. She isn’t that good a friend, often. 

so, lovecraftian horror. Lagoon guys are not that eldrich. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Love 3

That Faustus, father of the freaking year! Magically aging his children so he can sacrifice them to the Loch Ness Monster, what a class act! Putting him with Satan might seem like killing two demon birds with one stone, but I dont see this ending well. 

Oh God, the cheer choreographer from Riverdale has come to town! Head for the hills! Roz and Sabrina do sure look cute in their cheerleader outfits though. 

So it looks like Sabrina will deal with this whole Queen of Hell thing by helping some people get out who dont really deserve hell, like the old chess guy who seemed like a decent person who made a terrible mistake, or punishing really evil people, like evil ice cream man. 

Sabrina is gonna be so grounded for going to hell without telling her aunts! Plus, you know, also putting their coven in danger after they all almost got killed. 

• Love 1

The cheer leading pop song stuff was so cringey and embarrassing, but there was my girl Lilith, scowling through the whole thing, looking as miserable and judgemental as I felt. She is perfect in every way, and I'm sorry a singing teenager stole her throne.

Otherwise, I'm glad that Prudence and Ambrose are back with the other characters. I like them, but, when they went off by themselves, I kept forgetting they existed. I also forgot that it was a problem to secretly keep Satan in the basement, until Zelda pointed it out. I'm not really on my game.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SourK said:

The cheer leading pop song stuff was so cringey and embarrassing, but there was my girl Lilith, scowling through the whole thing, looking as miserable and judgemental as I felt. She is perfect in every way, and I'm sorry a singing teenager stole her throne.

In my twisted mind, Lilith is the hero of this story. I know I will be disappointed, but in the fanfic in my head she totally gets everything she wants in the end. She is made of awesome with an epic portion of awesome sauce on the side. Also, I covet that hair, and her clothes. I can see why she chose to keep the look even after going to hell.

I can't even with the cheer leading stuff. I'm getting whiplash trying to manage cute peppy little cheerleader Sabrina and my true love who I am fucking over every realm ever invented to save is suffering and in deep agony, but look, pom poms, but I have to go reap some guy now but doesn't my lip gloss look great? Hold my books while I go steal ancient shit from murderous zombie ghosts things. 

I mean, I get they don't want all horror/torment but it's like Sabrina is either a narcissist or a sociopath, so she is only really worried about all the hell stuff, Nick, the end of the coven, her literally being satan's spawn, etc when it is right in front of her, ruining her day. She really is 100% her father's daughter. And that is not a compliment. 

• Love 8

I would like to see Sabrina do more "reaping" in the future.  This reminded me so much of "Dead Like Me," a show I really loved despite its plot holes and flaws.  It made me wonder what happened in heaven when the chess player arrived unexpectedly!  Apparently whoever is in charge in hell has the option of sending anyone they want to heaven instead.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Blue Plastic said:

I would like to see Sabrina do more "reaping" in the future.  This reminded me so much of "Dead Like Me," a show I really loved despite its plot holes and flaws.  It made me wonder what happened in heaven when the chess player arrived unexpectedly!  Apparently whoever is in charge in hell has the option of sending anyone they want to heaven instead.

I don't think it will be a problem, since they send 2 cars and you decide which car you think you should get into. Sounds fair to me.

12 hours ago, Blue Plastic said:

I thought of Dead Like Me too! Man, I miss that show.

• Love 2

Oh, Sabrina, you're a witch FFS! You of all people should know to carefully step over a chalk line, not drag your feet and kick it. I knew it was just a matter of time before someone helped Lucifer. I just assumed it wouldn't be Sabrina who did it with her carelessness.

I know that Sabrina is a teenager so she wants to be independent, etc. but she went to hell and back and left her boyfriend in the dungeon at school and hasn't mentioned ANY of this to Zelda or Hilda? GIRL. It seems like common courtesy to tell people you've got Lucifer locked up downstairs.

I was cracking up that even when Sabrina is a cheerleader, she just can't ditch that headband (which never would have been allowed at my school - everyone had to wear their hair the same way when they were in uniform).

It seems strange that the King/Queen of Hell has to personally drag souls to hell. Shouldn't there be minions to do that? And Sabrina couldn't even be bothered to change out of her cheerleading uniform to go fetch her  first dead guy?

Ugh, I was with Prudence - kill daddy dearest! Ambrose's suggestion to take him back to Greendale and then have him pay for his crimes there was terrible. And clearly he did quite a number of Judas and Leticia/Judith if they were willing to be sacrificed for whatever his evil plan was. It's going to take a lot of work to deprogram them.

In the last episode, I wondered if Sabrina got any kind of power upgrade when she became queen and then lo and behold, she did the Jedi mind trick on Lucy's mother. I don't recall her doing that before (although I may have just forgotten). Is that a new skill?

Was putting Lucifer inside Faustus a great idea? What if those two decide to declare a truce and team up to take on Sabrina, Lilith, et al?

How much did Run DMC get paid to let a bunch of teenage cheerleaders desecrate their song like that?

Does Nick not have ANY family who would have noticed he was missing for so long?

This show makes me paranoid so when Theo bumped into Robin at school, I assumed it was Caliban in disguise.

On a shallow note, I love how obvious the difference is between Miss Wardwell and Lilith. Most of the credit goes to the actress but the hair and wardrobe people deserve a shout out too.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

In the last episode, I wondered if Sabrina got any kind of power upgrade when she became queen and then lo and behold, she did the Jedi mind trick on Lucy's mother. I don't recall her doing that before (although I may have just forgotten). Is that a new skill?

That was indeed new. I thought it was insanely cool.  Reminded me of Parkman from the show "Heroes" he was able to do the same thing.

Does Nick not have ANY family who would have noticed he was missing for so long?

In the season 2 episode Luprecalia it is explained he had no family at all, only his werewolf familiar.

I had to read a recap of Part 2 just to refresh my memory on what happened but I still don't remember when Ambrose and Prudence got so cozy together. Last thing I remember Ambrose was into dudes.

Also, I covet that hair, and her clothes. I can see why she chose to keep the look even after going to hell.

Yes but why would Lilith tell the mother of the kidnapped girl her name was Miss Wardwell and where she teaches? The mother is likely to call the police. Is Lilith trying to get the real Miss Wardwell arrested? 

I wondered if Sabrina got any kind of power upgrade when she became queen and then lo and behold, she did the Jedi mind trick on Lucy's mother. 

But how was she so easily trapped by the ice cream guy? And if you can prevent anyone - even the Queen of Hell - from using magic in a freezer painted with symbols - then why does Sabrina need a human body to trap Lucifer? Just use the same damn symbols in a room somewhere.

I don't think it will be a problem, since they send 2 cars and you decide which car you think you should get into. Sounds fair to me.

That doesn't make any sense either. You can make a bargain with the devil and then just sneak off to heaven anyway? Why would heaven even send a car? If nobody is there to "drag" you then who the hell would choose the scary black car? 

• Applause 1
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Yes but why would Lilith tell the mother of the kidnapped girl her name was Miss Wardwell and where she teaches? The mother is likely to call the police. Is Lilith trying to get the real Miss Wardwell arrested? 

Lilith saved the little girl, so saying she was Miss Wardwell got Miss Wardwell credit as a hero. Maybe she did it as a sort of payment for using Miss Wardwell's body so long. Or she just figured she looks like Wardwell so if anyone asks it just makes sense to say that's who she is. 

Lilith saved the little girl, so saying she was Miss Wardwell got Miss Wardwell credit as a hero.

The child goes missing then some strange woman delivers her to the front door. I'd no more assume she's the hero than the kidnapper herself. 

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The child goes missing then some strange woman delivers her to the front door. I'd no more assume she's the hero than the kidnapper herself. 

Well, the mother sought her out to thank her for bringing her daughter back to her, so the little girl was probably all "yeah, that's not the dude who kidnapped me, that's the lady who showed up and saved me and the idiot who went and got herself locked up with me."

• Like 1