Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Chapter Twenty-One: The Hellbound Heart

• Start Topic

That scene where the coven started praying to Lilith, and she  suddenly heard it and was surprised by it was so beautiful. I wish we got more moments like that. The actress can convey so much emotion even without doing anything major.

I am loving this show's demonstration of hell and how it all works, the season is off to a great start in my books.

• Love 4

The scene where Zelda’s coven prayed to Lilith was surprisingly touching.   

Thr gang actually traveling through Hell to get Nick back was really well done.   I really like the show just jumping into yeah Sabrina is the direct decedent  of Lucifer himself so she may be the only one to stop the denizens of Hell from taking over The mortal realm.

Of course Dorian Gray doesn’t care about his soul he just wants the ingredients he needs for his zit cream.   Never change Dorian Gray.

Of course Ms. Wardwell is suddenly drawn to Dante’s Inferno.   I would be worried about her if she wasn’t.   I mean those last three months that she cannot account for but she was clearly doing....something .

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Maybe I am just ignorant, but was the "Wizard of Oz" just a thinly veiled description of a journey through hell? If so, I wish Sabrina had included some flying monkeys.

It seems that this part is a little more sexy than the preivous parts, I approve. Sabrina gives Nick a hug and he changes into a nude version of her father, AWKWARD!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

That was an impressive amount of makeup, costuming and special effects - so, well done on that. It also helps that all the actors seem to be giving it their best efforts. 

Even tho the show is just fun entertainment for us, it struck me as odd that Sabrina and the gang manage to go on a major quest to Hell without the knowledge of Hilda and Zelda. 
And Ambrose and Prudence are literally on a killing spree, of sorts. 
It's not that I mind the show taking things up a notch and following the natural consequences of what has happened  ... it is just that I worry that things may get too sinister and serious and we may lose the more fun and light aspects of the show. 

But I am totally on board with the semi-queen of hell trying out for the high school cheer leading team..

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I find it annoying labeling this show in parts. This is "Part 3," but is it still Season 2? Or is each "part" a new season, like how the episodes seem to be named here, so we're really in Season 3?

11 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I find it annoying labeling this show in parts. This is "Part 3," but is it still Season 2? Or is each "part" a new season, like how the episodes seem to be named here, so we're really in Season 3?

It's the first half of season 2.  It is annoying how Netflix labels this show as parts yets labels a show like Fuller House as season 5a and season 5b. 

The labels of episodes are so confusing! I never know what they mean or where we actually are in the story. 

Never the less, I am very happy to have the show back, and this was a fun premier and start to the season. The trip to hell AKA Evil Wizard of Oz was fun and creepy (and I am glad they remembered Theos uncle Jessie from ages ago) even if it was another "Sabrina can do whatever she wants even if it bends all other laws of this universe" plot. You can tell how much fun the show was having with the visuals. 

So part time cheerleader, part time queen of Hell? After school jobs are getting pretty hard core! 

Madam Satan is such an interesting villain, she is such an evil demon lady, but I did feel something when she heard Zelda leading the coven in a prayer towards her. 

• Love 2

The episode title is the same as the novella by Clive Barker that inspired "Hellraiser." Lucifer also makes a comment that "your suffering will be legendary"...which is a line from Pinhead in "Hellraiser."

• Useful 1

I like that they didn't waste any time and just sent Sabrina on her rescue mission immediately. I wish the art direction in hell was different, though. I know they have a budget and they can't blow it on making the throne room look cool but... the throne everyone's fighting over seems pretty plain.

In general, though, I dig this reset where Zelda's in charge of the school and everyone prays to Lilith. I also like that they immediately found a way to make Lilith and Sabrina frenemies again, since that's a fun dynamic.

I didn't want to start the new season until I had time to watch a good chunk of it so I had to wait a whole week. The suspense was driving me crazy!

I was totally cracking up that Dorian's price for Sabrina was basically the hell version of Clearasil.

I was hoping that my time away since S2 would somehow magically make me like Harvey, but no such like. I really wish they had cast someone else in the role because he is just a non-entity.

I appreciate that they didn't have Sabrina and her friends fully stripped down to their skivvies to apply ghastly water, but I was laughing at Sabrina's flowered tank top because that was the kind of undershirt I wore in first grade.

I loved Hilda disguised as Faustus. Richard Coyle must have had so much fun! I also loved that Zelda is fed up with the council guys blatantly lying about being in communication with the Dark Lord. I was surprised that Zelda let everyone stay at their house for a whole month. Hilda I can see that more with, but Zelda? I can't believe it took a whole month for her to kick them out!

Shirtless Nick and shirtless Lucifer wrestling? Hell yeah!

Speaking of shirtless, Clay Boy can suck it.

Does being queen actually bestow any additional magical powers to Sabrina? Or is this just more of the "I can do what I want" power?

While I understand Sabrina not wanting someone she loves to suffer unnecessarily, it seems reckless, selfish, and dangerous for Sabrina to bring her boyfriend back to earth before she's figured out a different kind of enclosure for her father. I mean, what are the odds that someone is going to let Lucifer in Nick's body out of the school dungeon?

It will be interesting to see how long Lilith continues in her role as regent. You know that isn't enough for her, especially after hearing Zelda and the coven praying to her. She's going to have to be even stealthier than the last time she plotted against Sabrina.

• Love 1

I loved Hilda disguised as Faustus. Richard Coyle must have had so much fun!

He did a fantastic job mimicking Lucy Davis's mannerisms. 

Harvey is the worst singer in the band but somehow he's the lead singer? Ugh.

Yeah the instruments sounded great but the singing? Not so much.

On 1/25/2020 at 3:07 PM, ruby24 said:

Part 3 is the first half of season 2. I get the confusion cause various articles are saying different stuff 

• Useful 1