Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation Without Spoilers

• Start Topic

I came here to touch on people questioning why Aaron knew Rick's name back in the episode thread. Some people had said he must have been with the Governor's old group, or someone from ATL....to know Rick. I don't think that's the case. I think he's clearly been stalking them.

Agreed. I also don't think Aaron got Rick's name from Morgan. IIIRC, Rick told Daryl it's been 21 days since Atlanta, so I doubt Morgan has caught up to them yet. Maybe he'll arrive just when things go bad chez Aaron.

• Love 1

Aaron freaks me out on principle alone.  I'm thinking about who he is connected to (if he is) and I can't get the parts of people that were walkers from Noah's subdivision out of my head. Is that important (what kind of monsters did that to those people?!) or  is it a throwaway detail from that episode? Are creeptastic Aaron and the people that did that horrid thing of the same faction?  I agree with above posts:  Morgan wouldn't send anyone in his stead; 1) he doesn't seem a "gather a group" kind of guy and 2) he has to know there wouldn't be trust of some stranger.

• Love 1

I definitely don't think what happened in Noah's subdivision was throwaway. It's going to come back at some point. I also wondered if the woman in the trunk and the one in the barn meant anything. The one in the trunk was definitely there via malice, but I wondered about the one in the barn as well. Maybe she was just holed up there and starved? Got sick and died?  But maybe she was "kept" there? I don't know, something sinister has been going on all around them for these past two episodes, I'm curious to see where it goes.

• Love 1

One possibility is that Aaron, the "Wolves", and the bound walker woman are not connected - yet - but will be - or maybe the Wolves bound the woman but are not part of Aaron's group, and the Wolves will pose a threat to Aaron's group. Maybe Aaron's group isn't malicious like the Termites or the Guv'na, and our gang won't be their downfall (as with the Greene farm) but will be there for its downfall.

• Love 1

Hmmmm, yea, maybe there are two groups. Maybe there are the Wolves, and then another, better group who is trying to fight them off and reclaim the area for decent people? Maybe they've been watching Rick's group and determined that they are a strong, formidable force, and would be good for helping them get rid of the Wolves. I'm probably reaching, though....

Hmmmm, yea, maybe there are two groups. Maybe there are the Wolves, and then another, better group who is trying to fight them off and reclaim the area for decent people? Maybe they've been watching Rick's group and determined that they are a strong, formidable force, and would be good for helping them get rid of the Wolves. I'm probably reaching, though....

It would be a different direction. When's the last time our group encountered allies? (aside from the Texas Trio -- do they count? I don't feel like counting them.)

Edited by lulee
  • Love 1
It would be a different direction. When's the last time our group encountered allies? (aside from the Texas Trio -- do they count? I don't feel like counting them.)

The Vatos? Which, they weren't "allies" per se, but a group of decent folk just trying to protect their own. Not unlike CDB. I would like to see that. See them run across another group who isn't out to cause all sorts of mayhem. 

• Love 3

Aaron freaks me out on principle alone.  I'm thinking about who he is connected to (if he is) and I can't get the parts of people that were walkers from Noah's subdivision out of my head. Is that important (what kind of monsters did that to those people?!) or  is it a throwaway detail from that episode? Are creeptastic Aaron and the people that did that horrid thing of the same faction?  I agree with above posts:  Morgan wouldn't send anyone in his stead; 1) he doesn't seem a "gather a group" kind of guy and 2) he has to know there wouldn't be trust of some stranger.

Greg Nicotero did say on Talking Dead that we would learn more about those bodies.

The preview for next week's ep shows Daryl sitting on a front porch. Scared to go inside? Scared of a normal life again? One that he was never as successful in as he has been in the post ZA life? In the prison he wouldn't even sleep in a cell initially (no idea what he did later in season 4) as he viewed it as a cage. I wonder how he'll fit in in this "civilized" community. If he doesn't go out to hunt, etc, I can't imagine what he'd do.

• Love 2

I see three main possibilities at this point:

1. It's a good place, they get taken in and it all goes to hell (here come those unfair wolves!)
2. It's a bad place (again)
3. It's a good place but none/not all of them pass the audition
    3a. A few stay, but most leave in solidarity with those who weren't accepted
    3b. Those who aren't accepted are disposed of after being found unworthy (meet your unfair wolves!)

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 1

1. It's a good place, they get taken in and it all goes to hell (here come those unfair wolves!)

3b. Those who aren't accepted are disposed of after being found unworthy (meet your unfair wolves!)

I really need some closure with the Unfair Wolves!

But, in reality, I hope it's scenario #3. I think that would be the most fresh and interesting. I'd be really curious to see what their "audition" process is, and who would make the cut. Who wouldn't? Do they tell the complete truth about their past? Would Alexandria be okay with what Carol did to Karvid? If some members didn't make the cut, who would go with them? Who would stay? Does Rick choose the safety of his baby in the gated community over loyalty to the group? So many possibilities here. 

As for who is Unfair Wolf chow - at this point I'm only 100% willing to lose Father Pee Pants. I like Noah. I like Tara and Eugene. I'm willing to give Abe and Rosita some more time, because they are actually assets to the group. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 3

So let's assume Alexandria is a good, safe place where everyone gets along, Rick cleans up, gets some food in his belly and some sleep for his weary body and he finally brings the crazy back down to a manageable level. Now let's say there are a few other communities of good folks and they all band together against the unfair wolves, cannibals, rapists, weirdo dead head in jar keepers, then what? What might that mean for our show? Personally, I'd like to see them settle down IF the showrunners can manage to make the show still interesting and exciting, unlike the dreadful season two Herschel's Magic Farm.

• Love 4

Im thinking about pairing up and repopulating from a married, infertile lesbian point of view. So, everything is all settled, trade routes have been established, the roamers are not a threat, things are quiet when Rick calls for a town meeting.

"OK yall, life is returning to normal now but there are still more dead ones than there are live ones so here's what we need to do. If you had a child or children and at least one has survived up till now, good for you! The rest of you, if you are still fertile, regardless of your sexual orientation, you gotta try to conceive as soon as possible. In fact, Id like you all to pair up now and get started!"

Aaron turns to Eric, "honey, I think Rick is right. Doesn't matter how hot Darryl is, he wont help us make a baby. We're just going to have to suck it up and do it with ladies." Aaron and Eric take advantage of the soft candle lighting and make out for three hours. Finally Aaron says,"ok, Im going to go talk to Tara." Eric watches his man walk away and wonders who to talk to. Carol is fierce and hot beyond the telling of it but eww, gray hair, probably not fertile. Maggie is sweet but she's with hottie Glenn.......

Aaron walks up to Tara while she plays with her gore covered yoyo. "Hey so Tara, I was thinking about what Rick was saying and you know...well...you're gay, Im gay, the world is...well the world is not gay except on dance off Friday then it's gay as shit around here (Aaron cuts a few dance moves)...well anyway, I think you're really cute, Im really cute, we'd have a cute baby with a 50/50 chance of being gay so (more dance moves), whaddaya say?" Tara looks at him, watches his dance moves and cries inside because she knows she'll only ever be a yoyo-er not a twerker, "Meh, sure Aaron, it's either you or Eugene and he kind of still smells of cheese."

Meanwhile Eric gathers his courage and makes his move, straight (hahaha) across the room to Sasha. "Hi there Sasha, I was wondering..." Sasha cuts him a look sharper than that brand new ceramic cutting knife I got for xmas. Wounded in his pride or just scared to death Eric quickly backs away, right into Michonne. Not a word is said, the connection is electric, immediate and so hot. Their clothes somehow magically fall away, everyone else does too and finally there is only Eric, there is only Michonne and they know their genetic material will combine to make the ultimate dancing zombie killing human being.

The human race was saved that night but looking back on it all anyone remembers is the dancing....

• Love 3

I'm assuming that's the synopsis for a story you are writing and will post the link to shortly...

Also, you are right.  No amount of hot showers and clean clothes are going to make Eugene not smell like cheese. I cannot smell him, and yet I know it in my heart to be so.

• Love 5

I swear, every time I read or even think about Unfair Wolves, I just chuckle.

This is just an odd time (in the season) to meet a new group and go to a brand new settlement, isn't it? I can't decide if it means CDB will be out in an episode or two, or what. 

• Love 3

What do you think the odds of a time jump are? When was the last significant one? From the end of season 2 to the start of season 3?

If they can get in good with Alexandria and it would be safe for a while, they could time-jump a few months, age Judith a bit, and then have some cataclysmic event that boots them from there and jumpstarts the action.

• Love 1

I speculate that Rick'll shave in Alexandria, but Daryl won't do a damn thing about that hair.

I'm 100% sure you're right!  I'm going to venture that it will not only be long and in his eyes and soul-suckingly black, but it will still be greasy.

• Love 2

How many episodes are left? Five? Hmmmm, I can see them settling in (most of them anyway) and something big happening from the outside toward the finale. Also, if some don't make the cut and the group is split, we'd have more of their adventures from outside. 

• Love 1

How many episodes are left? Five? Hmmmm, I can see them settling in (most of them anyway) and something big happening from the outside toward the finale. Also, if some don't make the cut and the group is split, we'd have more of their adventures from outside. 

I can see this. And I think it'd have to be done to keep the viewers interested. I think, from a dramatic standpoint (not that the fans like it), it's better to have our team split. You can then have two stories working instead of just one. Plus, all the actors will at least get to say one line per season that way.

But I have trouble believing that Rick will let the team be split. I can't see him accepting some people can't "pass the audition" and being exiled outside. He's too noble for that. I think. Unless he puts Judith's interests above all others. Or maybe the ones who don't "Pass" will volunteer to leave.  I don't know. We'll see.

• Love 1

I can see this. And I think it'd have to be done to keep the viewers interested. I think, from a dramatic standpoint (not that the fans like it), it's better to have our team split. You can then have two stories working instead of just one. Plus, all the actors will at least get to say one line per season that way.

But I have trouble believing that Rick will let the team be split. I can't see him accepting some people can't "pass the audition" and being exiled outside. He's too noble for that. I think. Unless he puts Judith's interests above all others. Or maybe the ones who don't "Pass" will volunteer to leave.  I don't know. We'll see.

Just my opinion, but I'd expect the "audition" to be a group all-or-nothing kind of thing. If the Lexies are hurting for people so bad they're doing recruiting drives, I don't see them risking running off useful people by pissing them off with a "Say sayonara to these suckers who helped keep you alive to this point. And good luck to you losers - just remember, the wolves around these parts don't play fair." Might leave a bad taste in some mouths, donchaknow. Plus, how far would YOU trust someone willing to cut their traveling companions loose so quick?

• Love 4

Oh, I think without question Rick would put Judith first. And I can't think of anyone in that group who wouldn't insist that Rick stay and protect his children, that they'd be fine out there. And then, there are those who might pass but would still go with someone that failed. If Carol failed, it's likely Daryl would go with her. Same for Abraham and Rosita. 

But....Nashville does bring up a good point. I guess it would depend on if my suspicions are correct that this group has been decimated and there's only a few of them left. Then yea, they wouldn't really be in a position not only to turn away numbers, but to be able to enforce that decision. However, on the chance that I'm wrong, and they do have a solid community, I could see them insisting so-and-so leave, and others following suit, while maybe Rick, Michonne, Carl, and Judith stay behind. Maybe Maggie and Glenn, Father Pee Pants and Noah. 

• Love 2

The preview for next week's ep shows Daryl sitting on a front porch. Scared to go inside? Scared of a normal life again? One that he was never as successful in as he has been in the post ZA life? In the prison he wouldn't even sleep in a cell initially (no idea what he did later in season 4) as he viewed it as a cage. I wonder how he'll fit in in this "civilized" community. If he doesn't go out to hunt, etc, I can't imagine what he'd do.

I agree; unlike some of the others, a suburban neighborhood would destroy his confidence. He might also wonder whether not being needed for hunting or fighting means the others will not see him the same way.

I liked the review in Huffington Post that said (paraphrase):  If this is a good place, what new way will Rick find to screw this one up?

LOL! Why do I hear Dancing Queen in the background?

" A DJ Saved My Life Last Night"  ?

• Love 1

I'm worried about what this environment is going to do to their concept of family.  As it is, CDB is obviously a family... but what happens when you're expected to split up into houses?  (If they are.  That's just my spec from what we saw.)

I look at Carol and Daryl, I look at Rick Michonne, & the kids.  I see them as bonded family units within the larger group, but when they're suddenly in an environment that resembles what used to be "normal", it's not like they've coupled up and it's an automatic assumption that they'd live together in suburban bliss.  Even for Abraham and Rosita--suddenly the pre-ZA norms of "couple" and "living together" have to cast their old implications of what it would mean for them to take a house together.

I very much worry about Daryl being alone. 

And who has to let weird Uncle Eugene stay in the spare bedroom? 

• Love 7

Obviously, Rick, Coral, and Judith will stay in one house. Probably one with a lot of acorns in the yard.

Also, Rick will marry Noah, and finally have clean laundry again.

Michonne and Sasha will be roommates.

Because Michonne is trying to mentor her in "how to be a badass without getting killed."

Glenn and Maggie, of course.

Abraham and Rosita. Someplace with a large saltwater swimming pool.

Tara will probably hook up with a new girlfriend.

She doesn't seem devastated enough to make me think whats-her-name was the one true love of her life.

Eugene can live with Father Pee Pants. Those idiots deserve each other.

Daryl will continue to spend all of his time on hunting/foraging sabbaticals.

And Carol will disappear into the shadows and re-emerge when the group need her to blow some shit up.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 5
Obviously, Rick, Coral, and Judith will stay in one house. Probably one with a lot of acorns in the yard.

Also, Rick will marry Noah, and finally have clean laundry again.

But can he make a decent pancake?

• Love 3

It seems like something 'special' has got to be happening in the final episode of this season to warrant the extra half-hour added on (even though half of that will be eaten up by commercials).  Not blatantly 'good special' or 'bad special,' necessarily, but just something significant and out of the ordinary.  (It will be "a very special episode" of TWD.  Lol.)  It can't just be the usual horde of walkers/roamers popping up for a nice snack, leaving everyone to scramble to and fro.   That's old hat by now.

I just took the 90-minute season finale to be a ratings ploy. I refuse to get my hopes up in any way.

From Entertainment Weekly:

The Walking Dead’s season five finale will be an extended 90-minute episode airing March 29 at 9 p.m., AMC announced Wednesday. In the finale, Daryl finds himself in trouble while out on the run. Meanwhile, in Alexandria, Rick and his group continue to feel like outsiders as danger lurks near the gates.

People all over the internet are speculating Daryl will die in the finale. But I just roll my eyes, because I feel like they say that all the time. And he's still kicking. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I think people just like to work themselves into a frenzy over the possibility because he's such a big fan favorite. 

• Love 3

I giggle disproportionately whenever I see the words Unfair Wolves.

About who may be deemed unacceptable, I think maybe the more sheepish people (FPP, Eugene, Tara) might be more readily assimilated than the stronger (and suspicious) personalities such as Rick, Michonne, Abraham, etc.  Anyone who stays arms length from the Alexandrians and opts out of the Friday night dances may be considered ill suited for the community.  It's an interesting question how our little band of brothers and sisters will react to having part of the group accepted while part is forced to leave.  How strong are their bonds when security and food and shelter are offered at the expense of losing close friends?

• Love 5

I'm surprised the show put out the episode description with the 90-minute finale announcement. 5 more eps including the finale, right?

It does tell us that the group will still be in Alexandria and then probably hints at the Big Bad for next season with the danger at the gates."

Interesting that it says that "Darryl" will find himself in trouble rather something vaguer like "A supply run could turn deadly." Maybe they are trying to whip up the crazed fans about Darryl being in danger. I wonder what the "run" is for. Maybe it's to help him sort his feelings out. Can't a guy go get some black clothes and a Joy Division album to mope in peace without being surrounded by the undead?

Edited by lulee
  • Love 4

About who may be deemed unacceptable, I think maybe the more sheepish people (FPP, Eugene, Tara) might be more readily assimilated than the stronger (and suspicious) personalities such as Rick, Michonne, Abraham, etc.  

I think the sheepish ones would fare the worst against the wolves (fair or not).

• Love 1