Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation Without Spoilers

• Start Topic

You are making me glad I never saw Willy Wonka. It seems too close to The 5000 Fingers Of Dr. T.

Just to be on topic, I speculate that Oblivia is the one who is not what she seems. (Because Aaron already seems like some special forces dude in the greatest undercover identity possible).

• Love 1

What still strikes me odd: Aaron (who at first I didn't trust, and still not 100% sure of) seems to recognize there are more walkers around.  So, he sees it. And he seems to appreciate the "badness" of that. Yet, no one else in town seems to get it.

Aidan and what-his-name made runs outside. They even lost a few people. Yet, they didn't say anything about there being more walkers.  True maybe they didn't go as far as has Aaron and Daryl (though we don't know.)  But as much as we didn't like Woodbury, those people had lookouts. Although I don't remember specifically talking about it, I do believe they would have seen more Walkers gathering.

Are the people here just that oblivious?  Yes, true, maybe they don't see the Walkers (in herds).  But I'm sorry, if I were living there I'd always be keeping an eye over those walls. no matter how safe I wanted to feel.  Yes, maybe they don't have the experiences of our team, but they know walkers are bad!!!!!  And to keep an eye out for them.  I mean, shouldn't they know that?  Unless, Deanna's put something in the kool-aid.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 4

What still strikes me odd: Aaron (who at first I didn't trust, and still not 100% sure of) seems to recognize there are more walkers around.  So, he sees it. And he seems to appreciate the "badness" of that. Yet, no one else in town seems to get it.

Are the people here just that oblivious?  Yes, true, maybe they don't see the Walkers (in herds). 

ASZ says they've been there almost a year (a bit less).

They had to have seen a herd. Some of them. The construction crew was telling Abraham that they needed a month to get that previous section of wall up---yet one single day Abraham's there, a small herd shows up? And, while cowardly about saving Francine, they still automatically went into a formation. They didn't act like they'd never had to do it before.

There is a lot about this place that does not add up.

• Love 4

How have they been there under a year when Deanna says her family was directed here during evacuation by the military who never came back? That would be before Rick even woke up.

Not adding up is ASZ's middle name. ASnauZ.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 4

While I agree the Walkers are always a problem, It seems to be Aaron and Darryl should be hightailing it back there to warn them about the W's being carved into peoples heads. Because we know the Walkers aren't doing that, and while the wall might deflect the walkers it isn't going to keep any still breathing monsters out.

Edited to add that I think there is a lot of plot that seems to be being rushed for some reason. The whole Rick/Jessie storyline has been for certain, and it seems a bit like the unfair wolves (presumably the carvers) are too. I don't get why though, it seems like a really great plot line, unlike the Rick/Jessie stuff.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 2

How have they been there under a year when Deanna says her family was directed here during evacuation by the military who never came back? That would be before Rick even woke up.

Not adding up is ASZ's middle name. ASnauZ.

I brought that up before on a diff thread though; Aaron said the community had been there less than a year; but Deanna says she was directed there during the evacuation. She said her family was headed home for Ohio.

Virginia is front of you on the way to Ohio from DC. Maybe she lived in Maryland; a lot of pols do; but still. CDB made it to Richmond from North Georgia in 17 days.

The only possibility I can see is that Deanna and her family made it there but the others didn't arrive till later.

I actually--tinfoil hat time!---wonder if Deanna was taken to a new home in the Alexandria Safe Zone. by the military, as a member of Gov. would be hidden during  a crisis, then the real families who lived there were made to leave

. (Dead or alive?)

This would be to empty homes for other Beltway bigwigs, some of whom didn't make it.

But I suspect some of them have. And they are not who you think they are.

I think now that Aaron could have been Secret Service? (I have thought of CIA or special warfare) ....and Oblivia is somebody more important. Playing dumb?

Because the next in line if the President of the United States dies is the Veep, then the Speaker of the House, then the Pres Pro Tem.

Pro tem is a Senator...but Speaker of the House---third in line---is a Congressperson. Could it be? Could Deanna be the acting or remaining

President?

Remember when Rick disagreed that who you are matters any more, and Deanna said Oh, but it does.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 3

Just thinking ^^^ that would also explain the "construction crew" not really knowing their jobs,

and the one foreman going right away to Deanna and saying put Abraham in charge.

It would explain Reg deferring to his wife.

Tovah Feldshuh gave a clue when she said she based Deanna on watching Hilary Clinton

. It could explain the Stepford wives conversations being beltway wives not refugees.

it could explain the food supplies and the wine and liquor.

It would explain Oblivia making this story about still carrying her cell phone. Eugene lied about having a satellite phone but that doesn't mean no one has any.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

It's an interesting theory, to be sure, but I think we'd see more rules and laws if this were the case. More rebuilding of a government of sorts. We know Jessie and Pete aren't in politics, the older couple seem too old, and I'm just not buying Olivia with any decent role in DC shenanigans.

Edited by morgankobi

It's an interesting theory, to be sure, but I think we'd see more rules and laws if this were the case. More rebuilding of a government of sorts. We know Jessie and Pete aren't in politics, the older couple seem too old, and I'm just not buying Olivia with any decent role in DC shenanigans.

Oh I don't see Oblivia as head of the JCS or anything. I mean more of personal assistant/contact person.

But why would she need to be rebuilding govt.? She's isolated and there is no way to carry out rules or laws, not even military seen lately.

She doesn't need a lot of rules with most people being sheep till CDB came in.

Deanna's in a holding pattern, whether she is or isn't president, there is no way to enact stuff that would come much later after the problems of staying alive.

She only had 30 people at ASZ, now 43, but some of them are just kids and it isn't really necessary to rebuild the Federal Govt. with a small bunch.

That would be like someone saying let's make new regulations about the seawall in New Orleans right during Hurricane Katrina. How about making sure people aren't dead yet. Finding and rescuing the living. Stopping the crimes. Giving aid and shelter and immediate needs.

And a global infectious apocalypse would be thousands of times worse, and longer lasting, than a hurricane.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

In "Remember":

Rick: How did you end up here?

Deanna: Well, my family and I were trying to get back to Ohio so I could help my district manage the crisis. And [sighing] the army stopped us on a back road and directed us here. They were supposed to come later. They didn't, but there were supplies here and we made the best of it.

Rick: You put up the wall?

Deanna: Well, there was this huge shopping mall being built nearby, and my husband Reg is a professor of architecture. And who he was mattered quite a bit. He got the first plates up with our sons, and after a few weeks, more people arrived and we had help. We had a community.

So the Monroes have been in Alexandra a few weeks longer than anyone else, and they arrived back when the army was still functional. According to the timeline, Deanna interviewed CDB on day 535 of the ZA. (Not quite a year & a half.)

• Love 3

But why would she need to be rebuilding govt.? She's isolated and there is no way to carry out rules or laws, not even military seen lately.

She doesn't need a lot of rules with most people being sheep till CDB came in.

Deanna's in a holding pattern, whether she is or isn't president, there is no way to enact stuff that would come much later after the problems of staying alive.

She only had 30 people at ASZ, now 43, but some of them are just kids and it isn't really necessary to rebuild the Federal Govt. with a small bunch.

That would be like someone saying let's make new regulations about the seawall in New Orleans right during Hurricane Katrina. How about making sure people aren't dead yet. Finding and rescuing the living. Stopping the crimes. Giving aid and shelter and immediate needs.

And a global infectious apocalypse would be thousands of times worse, and longer lasting, than a hurricane.

If Deanna is was shrewd as she says, and some here, think she is, she would begin the skeleton of a government with the first person who joined her at ASZ. You get them early and condition them because you're going to have no luck if you decide after a year or so to then start establishing a government, rules, etc.

How about making sure people aren't dead yet.

They'd have to leave the walls more than they are for that. 

Finding and rescuing the living.

Only if they pass her "audition." We have seen evidence of living people near the camp (the walker with fresh blood on his mouth at the start of "try" and the girl tied to the tree, yet they went half a day's drive to find CDB. They are ignoring those in need to find people to suit their own needs.

Stopping the crimes.

As long as they're not a doctor...

Giving aid and shelter and immediate needs.

That would probably include not exiling people.

The only part of governing Deanna seems to be doing is the making rules part, mostly in the form of who gets in.

On another note, are we forgetting we do know of one person who has previously tied someone/something up to a tree to leave it to suffer? And we know Dickolas can sneak out of the walls undetected. Hmm.

• Love 2

You think he tied up that naked girl and carved a W on her head?

You think he is the one who is not who he appears to be?

Interesting. He'd need a lot of helpers though; that girl hadn't been alone. Who else?

• Love 2

I don't neccesarily think it, but it just occurred to me she wasn't the first one we've seen tied up since the ASZHat adventures started. As someone said earlier, he doesn't have the brains for much.

I think many of them are not who they appear to be, but it's odd Nick stole that gun before they even knew they'd have problems with CDB. If he goes on raids a lot, he has plenty of access to guns. I can't imagine it's too hard to palm a second one from the bin while preparing to go out.

It's also interesting Enid was seen carving the log with her mom's knife while talking to Carl. It could still be her exiled family.

ALSO...many of us have noted that the W has been shown upside down, thereby bringing to mind an M. Isn't Deanna's last name Monroe????

Really, I think they'll be a totally new group, but this is more fun. (Of course with all the comics thread debate, I'm imagining everyone over in the comics thread laughing at our ideas.)

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 2

No, not the wolves. Just the warning that someone is not who we think; that doesn't mean evil or bad. But just that someone has kept a false front for at least some time and I hope no one in our group is a pretender.

I didn't see the comment from Cudlitz, but what if it's Deanna? She's been appearing to be a calm, rational leader, what if she becomes or is revealed to be a maniac, not, you know, walker heads in fishtanks maniac, but something like that?

I know I saw a comment from someone from the show that fans would be angry. I figured that meant that a fan favorite and/or long-time character would be in mortal peril ... Glenn, Darryl, Carol, Judith... but that might be off anyway.

• Love 2

I really don't want it to be Aaron.

Maybe Enid or Nicolas, Deanna seems too obvious.

I could see it as Enid: she seems like a loner but may not be... could be a ... wolf pup?... teen wolf? something like that.

• Love 2
I think Rick needs to come up with a new list of questions, with Number One being: Do you know how fucked-up things are?

More pointedly - "You DO realize there is a zombie apocalypse going on, don't you?"

It's also interesting Enid was seen carving the log with her mom's knife while talking to Carl. It could still be her exiled family.

When she got out her knife and started playing with it I totally got shades of Lizzie. I could totally see Enid being the one who's not what she seems. 

As far as people being pissed off about the finale, tons of people online seem to think that means Daryl, Carol, or Judith will die. But I'm guessing it will be over something really stupid. If we're even pissed off at all. 

• Love 4

I think they need to stop giving interviews which include you're going to cry, you're going to need tissues, you're going to get mad...

It's like telling someone oh this is the scariest movie or the greatest song ever written. It just sets the bar where you aren't experiencing it,  you are busy comparing it with a measuring stick. Let me be heartbroken for real and cry spontaneously not because I was instructed to.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 5

I think they need to stop giving interviews which include you're going to cry, you're going to need tissues, you're going to get mad...

Ir's like telling someone oh this is the scariest movie or the greatest song ever written. It just sets the bar where you aren't experiencing it,  you are busy comparing it with a measuring stick. Let me be heartbroken for real and cry spontaneously not because I was instructed to.

People kept saying that The Blair Witch Project was so scary when it was in theaters, gave them nightmares, blah blah blah .What a crock.

I don't like the teasing. At this point, we can expect tears/anger in finale and don't need to be prepped for it.

Season 1: Jenner & Jacqui died

Season 2: just Patricia and Jimmy, I think, but Shane had just died/redied at the end of the previous ep

Season 3: mid-season: Darryl captive in Woodbury; finale: Andrea died

Season 4: mid-season: Herschel, Govna, Meghan, Judith presumed dead; finale: just Alex, almost all CDB in boxcar

Season 5: mid-season: Beth, Dawn, BadBob; finale: ?

I'm guessing we'll get one regular cast member's death + the rest in major peril due to walkers/ wolves/ dumbasses like Nicholas.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 3

I, too, think someone (easy for me to say "someone") will die. Not that I want them to, but I think for the season ender you need to create not only a sense of danger, but show what that danger can do. And, I hate to say it, I think it has to be someone from our team (as opposed to someone -- even Aaron -- from the other team).

If I were the actors playing Glenn, Maggie and Carol, I'd have my agent out looking for new work.

(I can see Nicholas trying to kill Glenn, but instead - because he's an idiot -- killing Maggie. Which then causes Glenn to go nuclear. Which then causes the whole place to go to hell in a hand basket.)  Rick who was just banished will hear the gunshots coming from within the walls. He'll rush back and see a herd of Walkers or a pack of wolves (whatever they are) ready to storm the place.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 3
Season 2: just Patricia and Jimmy, I think, but Shane had just died/redied at the end of the previous ep

Honestly, Herschel's barn burning down made me cry more than anything. That finale was so beautifully done. There was a real loss of innocence there. Which was needed, but sad all the same.

• Love 6

Honestly, Herschel's barn burning down made me cry more than anything. That finale was so beautifully done. There was a real loss of innocence there. Which was needed, but sad all the same.

That was one of the best, if not THE best, scenes.  And it lasted several minutes.  The action. The Walkers. Shane. The emotion of that. Then the emotion of losing the farm.

• Love 5

I could see it as Enid: she seems like a loner but may not be... could be a ... wolf pup?... teen wolf? something like that.

Teen wolf would be awesome. The finale can be a basketball game with an cheesy 80's soundtrack. CDB vs. Unfair Wolf High, as ASZhats watch stupidly from the stands.

• Love 4

A little bit, Jack.

So Gale Anne Hurd did an interview with Time, and had this to say about the finale:

Time: Give me one good tease for the 90-minute finale.

GAH: You can rest assured that not only walker blood will be spilled, but there will be a few surprises and some sad losses that no one, I think, will be able to predict.

So "losses" plural and unpredictable ones. Yeesh.

I don't know. FPP? Sasha? Abraham? Tara takes a turn for the worse and takes out Eugene? I have no idea.

• Love 3

I mean, they have already been killing people left and right lately, how much more cast trimming do they need?

If its that big of a deal, I`m guessing it is a Big Death. Carl? Glenn? Someone else who has been with the show since the first season.

*sigh* why do actors and writers find so much joy in pissing off their fans? I get that having an emotional reaction can often be the result of good storytelling, but it can just as often be frustration or genuine anger over questionable writing choices. Why must they toy with us?!?!

• Love 2

Maybe Dr. Drunky Pete lets Tara die out of spite, then while he sits there chuckling and mumbling at his cleverness, she reanimates and bites him and it fans out from there with no-one realizing the shambling incoherent fuck-bucket is actually undead until he's bit several people. Nicholas panics (shocking! Twist!) and shoots wildly, killing Mrs Neidermeyer, the noise attracts Unfair Wolves or walkers or unfair Wolves and walkers to attack, perhaps entering through a gate Nicholas or Father PP didn't close because they were too busy squealing over the Dr making unwanted house-calls and performing surgery with his teeth.

ETA

I hope my spec is wrong, because I like Tara, also, it might make Alanna the mystery guest on Talking Dead and she's kind of a dud as an interview.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 7
(edited)

I take the teasers with a grain of salt. Kirkman has made teases before that didn't really turn out how they sounded. So Hurd saying "unpredictable" and using the plural "losses" doesn't really mean anything to me. I don't think that necessarily means more than one CDB will die. Maybe none. Pete. Jessie. Deanna. Maybe Sam. Killing kids always makes people mad. 

If it's going to be someone from our group, I really don't think Carl or Rick or Judith. I doubt Glenn, simply because - how much more can Maggie take??? Although....they haven't been around each other much lately. And look at how she barely knew Beth when she died. Haha, no....I'd honestly say the most unpredictable one that would piss people off would be Daryl. 

I'll tell you this, if they kill Carol they're going to have one angry housewife on their hands. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 4

The one thing that may keep Darryl's safe is that he's outside of the walls with Aaron and if he remains so for the whole ep, I don't think they'd kill him where none of the others could be there for his death.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 3

How about this: Darryl and Aaron run into Morgan, and since Darryl doesn't know him, they tie him up because they think he is the one who tied the girl up to the tree. Darryl wants to dispose of him, but Aaron convinces him to take Morgan back to ASZ. Maybe because in his scouting he's seen Morgan before and knows he is resourceful, and has never seen him do that kind of thing. The they all arrive at ASZ when the fan is being assaulted by fecal matter, Morgan breaks free and jumps to Rick's aid, killing FPP in the process.

I think all spec should end with a killing of FPP :)

• Love 3

I agree with all the talk about thinking actors & showrunners should keep their yaps shut about implying things that will happen and cause viewers to be "ZOMG!!&%$!!", in either a good or bad way - at least before an episode is aired.

All it does is cause mental masturbation about just what the F is gonna go down.  And then if it is even slightly off [in a way that the thinker doesn't like], then it just paints the overall experience (& show) in a light that's probly not all that satisfactory.

Kikismom did a great job saying how I feel about it [actors/tptb trying to 'titillate' viewers into watching], but you know what?  Show me what you want to show me, and then let ME decide how I want to assimilate it and then feel about what I just witnessed - & not how you believe I should see it as what you interpretend it as - ok?!  Thank you very much.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3

So, I could (and probably will) end up being very wrong about this....  but with Morgan about to be inducted into the CDB, and his new walking stick and fighting style (and temperament/'fundamental personality change').... anyone else instantly seeing a possible 'Morchonne' pairing down the line??

I'm just saying the similarities, both present and past, are about as tailor-made for a 'ZA match made in heaven' situation, should they choose to go there.  And before I get accused of it, no, I don't say that just because of their shared skin color - although that is just one more similarity heaped upon the multitude between the two.

In the finale episode thread there was talk about, "why the focus on red poncho?" Given that under slightly different circumstances red poncho could have been a part of the ASZ, the red poncho is distinctive and memorable to the audience, the Wolves are not far, and the double-ewww crew uses walkers as tools, I believe red poncho is Chekhov's Roamer. When the Wolves inevitably unleash their walker menagerie against the ASZ, I fear that red pocho will claim the life of an important character.

• Love 3

I hope there's more to these "wolves" than the two guys Morgan whupped with his stick. It seemed like kind of a lot of buildup and then we get two jerks with no bullets and a zombie rave.

For realz.

And if these guys are two of the 3 that were exiled - is that the leading speculation on these guys? - where the F did they get the equipment to set up the 'zombie raves' in those semi trailers?  Also, is it possible that the woman Daron found tied to the tree and disemboweled was the woman of the exiled group?  I know Aaron didn't mention recognizing her, but maybe it will be a plot point later when the 'Wolves' inevitably make their move on ASZ.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1