Type keyword(s) to search

The Slatons in the Media: Anything for a Dollar

• Start Topic

Both sisters, and the rest of their relatives regularly sell out to TLC, online sites that will bring in a little money, and do anything to get followers.   The sisters have been doing this for years.   I still remember Amy shilling for funeral costs for Tammy, who is not dead as far as I can tell.     I'm just surprised they haven't put out a memoir ghost written about them.   Anything for a dollar is the right name for this topic. 

So, Tammy says TLC is 'forcing drama'?  That's what being on a reality show, and getting paid quite nicely to perform means.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
On 8/17/2023 at 4:41 PM, Gemma Violet said:

So he moved from Michigan to Kentucky to be with her.  I'm sure it's true love and he's not just some guy looking for reality show fame. 🙄

Yes. And he probably gave up a very lucrative career to move to Kentucky to be with Amy. Lol

I sense baby three is coming real soon. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1
On 11/16/2023 at 6:31 PM, Jst2Wld said:

I hope she isn't pregnant again.

Every time I hear about Amy possibly being pregnant, I have to remind myself she's not 55, she just looks that way. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 5
On 11/28/2023 at 2:22 PM, babyhouseman said:

Ask and you shall receive. An article about the bf is out.

Amy's bf

So this is the second bf since her divorce? I wonder what didn't work out right with the first post-divorce bf?

Amy brings NOTHING to this stupid show. At least Tammy and Chris (the brother) brought some reality to the difficult journey of weight loss. And showed us the struggles with over eating addictions, emotional baggage from childhood, dysfunctional family etc.

Amy is the main reason I have no desire to watch this show again. She needs to quit bringing home random men for her sons to meet. How sad and confusing for those little boys. Please someone shoot Amy with a sterilization dart. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4

I think it's been said in here that there are members of the family we like to watch. I like Chris and Amanda.  I even want to watch Tammy again. Amy had the babies she wanted (cute ones) and she needs to focus on raising them.

• Like 5

Last night, TLC aired a new Q & A with Amy, Tammy, and siblings.  Tammy was much more pleasant now that she's lost weight.  Amy must have had a drink or two as she had several giggling fits.  Chris looked great.  New season starts on Dec. 12.    

• Like 5
On 12/6/2023 at 4:49 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Last night, TLC aired a new Q & A with Amy, Tammy, and siblings.  Tammy was much more pleasant now that she's lost weight.  Amy must have had a drink or two as she had several giggling fits.  Chris looked great.  New season starts on Dec. 12.    

I haven't seen the episode yet. However, I think Tammy's physical transformation taught her much more about self worth, determination,  perseverance and emotional strength.

I hope she continues to stay positive and do whatever she wants to do in her life.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Jst2Wld said:

I haven't seen the episode yet. However, I think Tammy's physical transformation taught her much more about self worth, determination,  perseverance and emotional strength.

Yes.  One of the siblings mentioned on the show that Tammy has learned to love herself which has made a positive change in her.

Hopefully, she can get skin-removal surgery, which will help her even more.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I was in for S1, watched 2 through 4 half-heartedly and had the Q and A on while folding laundry. I'm prob out. They are nasty foul-mouthed adolescents. No wit or charm or intelligence, although I think Tammy is smarter than Amy. I do hope the whole family continues their journey to better health.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

I'm already disgusted with the promo commercials for the new season. Specifically Amy complaining about how hard life is being a mom with 2 little boys. She just wants to be divorced and HAPPY. 

Hey ungrateful Amy, how about being thankful for:

Getting a TV show on TLC with a healthy paycheck, getting bariatric surgery paid for by TLC, having 2 healthy babies with a hard working father, having 2 sons who look like their father, and ANOTHER season of you getting paid by TLC. 

Yes Amy, life for you is tough. I'm on my way to the local drug store to buy more Kleenex. Boo hoo hoo.

Edited by Jst2Wld
  • Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

Tonight was the premier of the new season.  It showed Tammy leaving the rehab facility, she and Caleb crying over their separation, Tammy wanting to go but not wanting to leave Caleb, Tammy moving into Amanda's spare house, Amy not being able to handle the two kids, Michael just sitting there (or being edited that way), Amanda making a joke about Amy's poor vision, Amy getting up and leaving the room crying because of being picked on, the whole family yelling in front of the two toddlers, and Tammy sitting there probably thinking, "It was quieter in rehab."

• Like 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Tonight was the premier of the new season. 

I had no idea that was the premier of the new season!!

I watched 2 minutes of it and thought it was a repeat of some previous episode. Not a very compelling season opener.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Michael just sitting there (or being edited that way)...

Cry, cry, cry...  My money's on the latter.  Michael never complained about hauling his SIL around, so I doubt he'd be a negligent father.  Amy just thinks she's the proverbial "all that and a bag of chips" now and can do better.  Good luck!  Nice to see Tammy happy and healthier; I always preferred her, even at her most curmudgeonly...

• Like 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Dibs said:

Michael never complained about hauling his SIL around, so I doubt he'd be a negligent father

Yes! Not only did he work full time night shift at a mill, he took Tammy to doctor appointments, trips out of state to the weight loss clinic, manicures/pedicures and numerous other activities.

And let's not forget, Amy doesn't drive so Michael had to haul her around too. Seems like he did above and beyond. He's probably relieved that he doesn't have to do all those extra curricular activities anymore. I hope he gets to spend more quality time with his sons. They need a break from Amy too. 

• Like 10
6 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

Yes! Not only did he work full time night shift at a mill, he took Tammy to doctor appointments, trips out of state to the weight loss clinic, manicures/pedicures and numerous other activities.

And let's not forget, Amy doesn't drive so Michael had to haul her around too. Seems like he did above and beyond. He's probably relieved that he doesn't have to do all those extra curricular activities anymore. I hope he gets to spend more quality time with his sons. They need a break from Amy too. 

Oh this is everything I've been thinking!!  They started setting Michael up as a uninvolved father last season in the episode where they're all at a big family BBQ.  Gage was crabby in the heat & the camera pans over to Michael eating his food & Amy crying. So big mouth shit-stirrer Amanda takes Gage from Amy & comments to the camera about how Michael is just sitting there like a crappy father.  Definitely an editing hit job.  Let's keep in mind that Amanda had just divorced Michael's brother, the father of her 4 children.  The house Tammy moved into when released from rehab was a house in the Halterman family, ironically.  Amy said many times that she wanted 2 children, and as soon as the 2nd popped out boom, divorce time.  I feel sorry for those boys & their dad.  Based on all the prior seasons, Michael doted on his wife & pushed her 700 lb sister around for years. 

Edited by Snarkastikate
Typo
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Article:

https://toofab.com/2023/12/13/1000-lb-sisters-speak-out-tammy-husband-death-amy-divorce/

1000-Lb Sisters Speak Out After Death of Tammy's Husband, Amy's Divorce

Tammy was informed of the devastating news while at home in Kentucky. Caleb had still been living at the Ohio rehabilitation center.

"I was sitting in the fetal position," she told PEOPLE. "I got a text message from his friend up there and the text said, 'Caleb's not doing good. They're in there working on him.' 20 minutes later he texted me back and said he was gone."

Tammy said she's "doing fairly well" while mourning her husband's death, revealing that she made two pieces of jewelry from Caleb's ashes.

"He's going to live on now forever because his memory is encapsulated," the TLC star said, sharing that she created a ring and a music note-shaped necklace with her late husband's ashes. "Knowing that he's with me, it's helping me pass the day. I find myself grabbing my necklace and holding it a lot. When I take off my jewelry, I feel like it's weird, separation anxiety. I start panicking."

"Every time I miss him, I can always look back at the show and watch it and see what made me happy again," she added.

As she navigates her devasting loss, the 37-year-old shared that she's "not in any kind of rush right now" to meet anybody new.

While speaking with PEOPLE, Amy opened up about her divorce, sharing what led to the dissolution of their marriage.

"There was no support. There was no love. There was no kindness. There was just mental abuse," she said, admitting that she "just got tired of hiding" their marital issues from others.

However, she revealed that the "nail in the coffin" of their relationship was a fight over buying their baby formula for Glenn.

"I had spilled Glenn's formula all over the floor," Amy told PEOPLE. "I was trying to tell him I needed a new jar. He was like, 'No, I'm going to go out and get you one.' I'm like, ‘I need it right now. He wants a bottle, we're leaving. I can just stop on my way and get him some.’ And all hell broke loose."

According to Amy, her now-estranged husband refused to return her bank card so she could buy more formula. She said this led to a heated confrontation between herself, Halterman, and Amy's sisters, revealing that TLC cameras were rolling to capture the moment.

"That's the day I left," Amy said. 'But I was falling out of love with him before that."

She told PEOPLE that she and Halterman's communication is limited to matters relating to their children.

"I see him Friday when I drop the boys off and I pick them up Monday," Amy said. "And that's as far as it goes. I'll ask him if he can watch the kids if I have to work or something. But other than that, it's just a matter of 'Hey, can you watch the boys on this day, at this time?'"

Meanwhile, Amy recently revealed she's in a new relationship, posting about her boyfriend, Tony Rodgers, to her Instagram last month.

"Tony supports me in everything I do. He supports the kids, he supports Tammy, he supports my whole family," she told PEOPLE.

• LOL 1
On 11/29/2023 at 5:35 AM, Quof said:

Every time I hear about Amy possibly being pregnant, I have to remind myself she's not 55, she just looks that way. 

You don’t think crayola hair makes one youthful?

On 12/11/2023 at 12:55 PM, Jst2Wld said:

Specifically Amy complaining about how hard life is being a mom with 2 little boys.

She complains he doesn’t help her but if he’s gone he’s also not going to help her.  So her work load will not be any lighter.  She can’t just go to the store to buy a replacement husband who helps.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
19 hours ago, Dibs said:

Cry, cry, cry...  My money's on the latter.  Michael never complained about hauling his SIL around, so I doubt he'd be a negligent father.  Amy just thinks she's the proverbial "all that and a bag of chips" now and can do better.  Good luck!  Nice to see Tammy happy and healthier; I always preferred her, even at her most curmudgeonly...

Amy seems very suggestible.  Right after Amanda divorces Michael’s brother Amy divorces Michael.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm still surprised that Amy and Tammy are still alive.   Tammy has has so many serious issues, that even being alive, let alone losing weight and improving so dramatically is amazing.     

Amanda is so aggressive and mean to everyone.   Her idea of humor is disgusting.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
On 12/13/2023 at 8:06 PM, Snarkastikate said:

So big mouth shit-stirrer Amanda takes Gage from Amy & comments to the camera about how Michael is just sitting there like a crappy father.

Amanda is a big mouthed bully!  Her big hulking body going up in Michael's face in the previews dwarfed him big time.  I admire him for standing his ground with her regardless of her size.  I hope he is able to get at least shared custody of the boys.  Amy sucks in my book.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 12/14/2023 at 2:04 AM, MrBuhBye said:

She complains he doesn’t help her but if he’s gone he’s also not going to help her.  So her work load will not be any lighter.  She can’t just go to the store to buy a replacement husband who helps.

If Amy is telling the truth (which I don’t believe), and Michael doesn’t contribute to the childcare/care of the household, him leaving would decrease her work load as she wouldn’t have to take care of HIM, just take care of the boys. 

Having an adult in the house that doesn’t contribute to the running of the house makes more work. It’s easier to be on your own and run things your way than attend to the needs, wants, opinions of someone else. Taking care of one or two dependents is much easier than one or two dependents with another adult “in the way”- I say this as someone who’s spent their adult life as a caregiver. 

All that said I think Amy is being unfair to Michael. I think being a Mom is harder than she thought- and she wanted these babies, Michael was a means to get them. I think he’s an easy scapegoat. I just can’t believe someone who was always so helpful and willing to care for their sister-in-law wouldn’t care for their own kids. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

If Amy is telling the truth (which I don’t believe), and Michael doesn’t contribute to the childcare/care of the household, him leaving would decrease her work load as she wouldn’t have to take care of HIM, just take care of the boys. 

Having an adult in the house that doesn’t contribute to the running of the house makes more work. It’s easier to be on your own and run things your way than attend to the needs, wants, opinions of someone else. Taking care of one or two dependents is much easier than one or two dependents with another adult “in the way”- I say this as someone who’s spent their adult life as a caregiver. 

All that said I think Amy is being unfair to Michael. I think being a Mom is harder than she thought- and she wanted these babies, Michael was a means to get them. I think he’s an easy scapegoat. I just can’t believe someone who was always so helpful and willing to care for their sister-in-law wouldn’t care for their own kids. 

Also Tammy has been away for 15 months, Amy doesn’t work outside the home, and she has siblings who certainly would babysit if she needed a break.  If she doesn’t want to parent for the next 18 years she should have been honest with herself and not had kids.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Also Tammy has been away for 15 months, Amy doesn’t work outside the home, and she has siblings who certainly would babysit if she needed a break.  If she doesn’t want to parent for the next 18 years she should have been honest with herself and not had kids.

You don’t stop being a parent until you die, (assuming you’re a good one) once you have kids you can’t give them back so she can’t undo it.  What she can do is -not blame Michael and figure out some ways to get through these next years with two very small kids. 

I do feel for her, two under two is HARD especially if you don’t enjoy caregiving even if you wanted the kids. But that doesn’t mean she gets to paint Michael as a bad father/bad person- she can acknowledge her own limitations / a rough situation without blaming him.  That’s all I am saying.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

You don’t stop being a parent until you die, (assuming you’re a good one) once you have kids you can’t give them back so she can’t undo it.  What she can do is -not blame Michael and figure out some ways to get through these next years with two very small kids. 

I do feel for her, two under two is HARD especially if you don’t enjoy caregiving even if you wanted the kids. But that doesn’t mean she gets to paint Michael as a bad father/bad person- she can acknowledge her own limitations / a rough situation without blaming him.  That’s all I am saying.

I agree with you.  I do think it’s funny that the only reason she lost weight was so she could have kids and now she is complaining about having kids.

• Like 6
On 12/14/2023 at 12:04 AM, MrBuhBye said:

Doesn't she have another new bf? Hopefully he owns a car so he can chauffeur the purple headed Muppet everywhere. He might possibly have housekeeping skills which would be beneficial to Amy. 

I wonder what the rest of the Slaton clan think of Amy's revolving door of boyfriends. I hope Michael has a good attorney and gets compensated for his miserable life with Amy. 

• Like 6

From watching My 600 lb Life, they do occasionally revise gastric sleeve when it's failed.    Usually, Dr. Now does a gastric bypass on the patient for the second surgery.   Sometimes Dr Now also does a successful gastric sleeve on the second surgery.   However, sometimes they do the gastric sleeve for the first surgery, and when weight loss slows, they do the gastric bypass.    Apparently, gastric sleeve takes less time than a bypass.     There can be other surgeries with the sleeve or bypass, if the patient has hernias that need repair, or adhesions.      He also often does a preliminary endo procedure to see if the stomach has been stretched out after previous surgeries, to help him plan which procedures to do.   Then there is the often troublesome gall bladder that may need to get removed too.  (I think I've watched too many 600 lb Life episodes). 

I don't know what the Kentucky bariatric surgeon does for patients like Amanda, but I'm sure we'll find out in excruciating detail in the weeks to come.    

I was shocked at the picture of Amanda after her first surgery, and hope she embraces the new chance she's been given, and gets healthy.  

I'm just hoping all of the family members find their own ways to health and happiness.   

I wish the entire family would stop screaming constantly, and swearing so much, especially in front of little kids.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4

1,000-Lb. Sisters' Amy Slaton Explains Why She’s ‘Not So Focused On Weight Loss Right Now’ (Exclusive)

https://people.com/1000-lb-sisters-amy-slaton-not-into-weight-loss-right-now-exclusive-8416168

Amy finally realized how serious her mental health issues were after a massive blow-up between herself and her sisters Amanda and Tammy during a trip to Florida over the summer. “That's not the person I am,” she says of the confrontation, which will feature sometime during the TLC reality show’s fifth season, which premiered this week.

The above apparently pertains to what I posted in July:

The Sun is reporting that Amy, Tammy, Chris, and Amanda got into a big argument while filming in Florida, which turned into a physical fight.  The crew stopped filming for a few weeks to let things settle down.

More from the People article (bolding mine):

She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, depression and acute stress disorder, “which is like PTSD from the whole stuff going on with Michael,” she says. “It's a relief to know that I'm not crazy. It was something totally different. I'm not just snapping because I'm snapping. I'm snapping because I'm bipolar.”

She’s continuing to go to therapy, she says, and she’s on medication for her conditions. She tries to maintain her happiness  by “talking to Tammy, and being with my kids and my family as much as possible. Surrounding myself with love and light … and puppies.”

Those poor puppies.

“Once you're calm, the babies are usually calm,” she says. Her sister Tammy says the difference is noticeable: “I think the kids are even happier now. Gage, he has anxiety I guess, and when he gets really overwhelmed, he starts crying and holding his ears. So he don't do that very often anymore.”  Adds Amy: “He was doing a lot there for a while.”

And you couldn't figure out that all that yelling and arguing in front of your kids was emotionally harmful?

Amy, who likes to get exercise by walking in the park with her sons, says she’s committed to raising her boys in a healthier environment than she and Tammy had when they were children. “I try to be there for them as much as possible,” she says “If they ain't at Daddy's, they're with me. I know my mama couldn't always do that.”

And, she says, she makes sure to expose them to healthy foods. “Gage will eat Brussel sprouts. He'll eat broccoli. He'll eat cauliflower. He'll eat all of that,” she says, although she admits “he prefers chicken nuggets and french fries!” And Glenn, she says, is happy to try new and different foods.

Her hopes for the boys, she says, are simple: “I want them to learn how to be good guys. I want them to learn as much as they can, soak up all that knowledge. I don't want them to be on the streets one day. I want them to actually be contributing members of society.”

So Michael does have the kids sometimes which gives Amy a break.  I'm betting none of that will be referred to on the show since the narrative is how Michael never ever helps.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I feel very very sorry for those babies. There seems to be constant chaos, filth & violence in their lives. Whatever Amy is admitting to, I'll bet those kids' home life is a thousand times worse.  Then there's the smoking. Does Aunt Tammy live with them?  Didn't she get arrested for weed recently? 

And yeah I'm sure Amy's mom wouldn't have gotten any awards, but she had to work.  Amy hasn't worked a day in her life.  With her vision issues I'm sure she's been collecting disability most of her life. She wanted 2 kids. Michael works nights. She was a lazy filthy slob of a housekeeper, even before she had kids.  He's supposed to work, so all the family errands & housework too? 

Just my opinion, but I think Amanda is a bitch & had a lot to do with that divorce, which happened not much after she divorced Michael's brother. She was sowing the seeds against him last season already. I recall Chris saying a few seasons ago that they never got along (till TLC $$$ came along I guess). Now they're having physical fistfights?  I pray Michael has shared custody.  Amy's trying to feed the kids healthy?  Holy crap, look at the stuff we've seen her consume! 

I used to really enjoy this show, but now I'm just sad for those kids.  It's the only person on the show not to get one (or more) weight loss surgeries - Chris' wife?  

Edited by Snarkastikate
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
On 12/17/2023 at 10:36 AM, Gemma Violet said:

She tries to maintain her happiness  by “talking to Tammy, and being with my kids and my family as much as possible. Surrounding myself with love and light … and puppies.”

Just what Amy needs....puppies= more responsibilities. Seems like she's looking for free entertainment for the kids. I wonder what breed of dogs? Maybe she got pit bulls to protect her from Michael.

• LOL 3

So, the finances will be coming out in the coming divorce, I can't see any going back from the toxic screaming matches between Michael and Amy.   My guess, the man who apparently quit his job, will now get every penny he can from Amy, and doesn't care about his kid's welfare.   I just feel sorry for the kids.  

• Like 4