Type keyword(s) to search

The Slatons in the Media: Anything for a Dollar

• Start Topic

Chris looks amazing, I hope he keeps with it and gets healthy, and stays that way.    

Amy is always delusional.    Tammy getting surgery won't stop her eating when she finally gets out on her own.    Amy will never follow a program, because she has what she wanted, two kids, and I'm betting if she can have more, then she will. 

Amy seems to think that because she's smaller than Tammy, that she's healty.    Nothing could be further from the truth.  One of these days, one or both women will have a health crisis, and won't survive it.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 8
  • Sad 3

Just this past July, Tammy vowed to love someone named Mikey for all eternity. Now she's married to fellow rehab patient Caleb? They seem to have a lot in common. Loved the matching "his and hers trachs" in their photos. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Just this past July, Tammy vowed to love someone named Mikey for all eternity. Now she's married to fellow rehab patient Caleb? They seem to have a lot in common. Loved the matching "his and hers trachs" in their photos. 

I believe these 2000 pound sisters are desperate for attention. Whether it's social media or TLC. They can feel the "gravy train" is coming to an end. As it should.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

2000 pound sisters

Their weight has doubled! 

Yes, they are attention whores and encouraged by their You Tube channel, Instagram followers and income from Cameos at $ 50 a pop. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I know they are considered the "thousand pound" sisters but I think we can safely guess that there is more than 1000 pounds between Amy and Tammy. 

At the beginning, their combined weights were about 1K. Then Amy lost weight and at the same time Tammy gained, and it seemed they still weighed a thousand pounds together. Amy has gained again during her second pregnancy, but Tammy lost quite a bit in rehab so it might have evened out again. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

According to tonight’s show, Tammy was up to at least 720.

So does that mean Amy only weighs 280? If Tammy gets up to 850 does that mean Amy will weigh 150? Lol! Or they can just change the show's name to the 1500 pound sisters.

I haven't watched any of the new season. I've seen enough of these 2 clowns (on social media etc)while they were off for a year or however long they were gone. It wasn't long enough.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

Amy only lost weight to get pregnant, and since she will have two kids, maybe that will be enough for her.  But, either way Amy didn't change anything about her dietary habits, or anything else permanently. 

Both sisters will keep gaining and losing, and disregarding doctors orders, until they have a 'very special episode' or maybe a double episode.     It's a shame.   

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Both sisters will keep gaining and losing, and disregarding doctors orders, until they have a 'very special episode' or maybe a double episode.     It's a shame.   

It is a shame because they are on TV simply for being obese. When they were losing weight, people tuned in... but now that we're seeing nothing has changed in their daily routine, we're losing patience.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, swankie said:

At least their brother Chris seems to be successful.  He looks great.  I have a question though.  What's up with his wife and those head wraps she wears?  

I think that has been mentioned here awhile ago. But I do not remember if anyone knew why she wears them. Maybe she has sparse hair growth? 

Chris is very likeable and is the true "star" of the weight loss journey. I would be ok with him having a show instead of A&T. There is nothing inspiring about them. 

Just now, chenoa333 said:

I think that has been mentioned here awhile ago. But I do not remember if anyone knew why she wears them. Maybe she has sparse hair growth? 

Chris is very likeable and is the true "star" of the weight loss journey. I would be ok with him having a show instead of A&T. There is nothing inspiring about Amy and Tammy.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, swankie said:

At least their brother Chris seems to be successful.  He looks great.  I have a question though.  What's up with his wife and those head wraps she wears?  

Her hair might be thinning and she likes to wear those to hide it. Not that she needs to but many people are self conscious about thinning hair. She may also really like them. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I wonder if she was paid to showcase the candies.  If not, it seems she just did it for attention.  They probably had only a few calories, but Tammy doesn’t seem to realize that it might not be beneficial to get distracted with things like that.  It’s nice she has the trach out. 

• Like 4

Didn't they say on the first couple of seasons that Tammy had been banned from multiple rehabs for her behavior, and had been ousted by several family members for the same reason?   I think they said Amy and the duplex was her last option.   When Amy and Chris bought the house, Amy said that Tammy would have a bedroom for her at the house, but I hope that was a story line, and not real.  

Since Tammy added Caleb (?) there is no way anything but assisted living will work for them.  

• Like 3

I wonder if she’s actually had the surgery yet.  My question is what happens post op when you’re supposed to be on a liquid diet for a period of weeks and Tammy just decides she wants real food?  Amy did that.  I recall Dr. Proctor was not amused.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Not for nothing, she hit 550 before didn’t she, and they wanted her to go lower to be approved? It’s definitely an achievement but 550 is still so freaking high. 

She's seeing Dr. Smith now, so maybe he has a different number for her to reach before he approves her for surgery. 

• Like 6
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

and Tammy just decides she wants real food?  Amy did that.  I recall Dr. Proctor was not amused.

Lol, I remember that.  Amy said she just had a little tiny piece of something, maybe chicken, I don't remember, and she held her thumb and finger about an inch apart.  Of course, you just know that she was minimizing how big it really was.  Good way to pop your stitches.  Doctors must pull their hair with some of the people they have to deal with who don't follow instructions after major surgery.

• Like 7

So Tammy is allegedly (14?) pounds below her doctors "goal weight" for her? (According to that People Magazine article and that could be from last year.)

So she is ready for the surgery? I find it all confusing and not making sense but I don't watch this show every season and definitely have not watched any of the new episodes. 

I wish Tammy well but I think both of these sisters are more interested in keeping their "show" on TLC than they are in getting healthy. 

• Like 9
22 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

So Tammy is allegedly (14?) pounds below her doctors "goal weight" for her? (According to that People Magazine article and that could be from last year.)

So she is ready for the surgery? I find it all confusing and not making sense but I don't watch this show every season and definitely have not watched any of the new episodes. 

I wish Tammy well but I think both of these sisters are more interested in keeping their "show" on TLC than they are in getting healthy. 

They say Tammy has to be signed off by a psychologist, and she's not cooperative with therapy. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I think it would be AWESOME for Tammy to have weight loss surgery! She just needs to participate in therapy!  The girl needs to get some of that out of her system in order to live her life FULLY once she's slimmer.

I'm not sure she wants to do THAT part and thaaaaaaaat's the real thing she'll need to be successful.

• Like 4

We have seen photos that she got married in the rehab just this past November so she was still there, still morbidly obese and wearing the trach three months ago. 

I assume her husband is the same guy we saw playing Pokeno with the sisters when they visited this week. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 4

I don't see how therapy will help Tammy. Her whole immediate and extended family are morbidly obese. They can't all have been traumatized in their early lives? I think they have something wrong that is inherited where they never feel full maybe..something is off in their brains to cause the over eating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Meh said:

I think they have something wrong that is inherited where they never feel full maybe..something is off in their brains to cause the over eating.

Maybe, but I think some of it may have to do with how they learned to eat growing up.  Maybe there were a lot of fried foods, butter-packed dishes, etc. in the home and they were encouraged to take seconds, clean their plates, etc.  Of course, on second thought, their mom doesn't look like the type to do that.  She seems to be more the type that would forget to feed them. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
16 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Maybe, but I think some of it may have to do with how they learned to eat growing up.  Maybe there were a lot of fried foods, butter-packed dishes, etc. in the home and they were encouraged to take seconds, clean their plates, etc.  Of course, on second thought, their mom doesn't look like the type to do that.  She seems to be more the type that would forget to feed them. 

Their grandmother was their primary caregiver when they were growing up- they didn’t have much money but I do believe they were fed. 

Calories are cheap though, and yes, you can eat healthfully on a budget (if you have cooking skills, time/access to a kitchen) but highly palatable cheap foods are often the only affordable “luxury” for low income people. It’s something they can give their kids that they want that’s highly accessible, advertised, and once you start eating a lot of that stuff, so many people CONSTANTLY crave it. 

Being morbidly obese isn’t “difficult” for a lot of people, and the weight often compounds because the more you eat, the weight comes on it becomes harder to move, so you move less, etc etc. Chris has worked in the fast food industry his entire life (he’s a manager now, made a nice career out of it) but if he got free or discounted food at work, for years and years and years, I am not surprised his weight kept increasing. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

In one episode, Amy says that they were told that if they eat something fattening, they should have a diet "sodie" to counteract it. Also, she said that Darlene had to put a padlock on the refrigerator to stop Tammy from eating all the food in it, but I don't think she ever said how old Tammy was when this happened.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2

In one of her latest Instagram posts, it appears that Amy has gotten another dog. You can only see the feet and you should see the length of the nails on that poor creature. I thought she was overwhelmed with two kids.  Why the hell did you get another dog?

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
On 2/12/2023 at 6:48 AM, Meh said:

I don't see how therapy will help Tammy. Her whole immediate and extended family are morbidly obese. They can't all have been traumatized in their early lives? I think they have something wrong that is inherited where they never feel full maybe..something is off in their brains to cause the over eating.

That's a good point. I do have obese friends who concede they eat for emotional comfort, but not because they carry trauma, but because they associate food with comforting memories. The family could be all suffering from trauma, but I have a feeling food isn't connected specifically. 

On 2/7/2023 at 4:01 PM, chenoa333 said:

This is my concern. If Amy or Tammy progressed as well as Chris, they may get canceled. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 1/20/2023 at 12:20 AM, Gemma Violet said:

She does apparently have a problem with a high hair line or thinning up there (maybe alopecia?), which explains the headbands.  

Sadly, the more she wears the tight wraps, the further she may be retarding her hair growth. I imagine it must be so distressing for her to have thick, long, head hair everywhere but around her face.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Amy just doesn't get it.   She's supposed to lose weight and get healthy for her own life to improve.   She acts like a lot of Dr. Now's and Dr. Proctor's  patients, and claims to be worried about the doctor getting mad at her, but she should be doing the weight loss and program for her own health. 

I read that there is speculation that the producers are sending the family to Greece.   If that's true, Greece may declare war on the U.S. in retaliation. 

Dr. Proctor told Tammy that at her weight and with her health conditions, that the trip from KY to Atlanta was just too much.   So, he referred her to Dr. Smith in Kentucky.   Chris apparently lives in Kentucky, so he goes to Dr. Smith also.     Dr. Proctor should have taken the chance to send Amy to Dr. Smith too, getting rid of the entire family.

Just saw this:

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7502271/amy-slaton-michael-halterman-1000-lb-sisters-divorce/

I wonder if it's true or not?   Or if it's another storyline, trying to get another season?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
On 2/26/2023 at 4:21 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder if it's true or not?   Or if it's another storyline, trying to get another season?  

I haven't read the article, but I saw a discussion of it on Reddit.  Someone posted in the comments that Michael posted an "I'm sorry" poem on Facebook and said he messed up.  If he really did that, maybe the story is true.  But, as some of the Redditors pointed out, Amy is legally blind and can't drive, so if true, Michael must have messed up bad since he at the very least brings home a paycheck every week.  Someone else on Reddit said Tammy is now living with Amy.  So where is Tammy's husband?  Also living with Amy?

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1