Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

The show refuses to write any stories for Sonny and Carly that bring them to their knees. Oh, they have their bumps in the road, like Morgan dying, losing Jason, etc., but nothing really changes them. Sonny is a little less of a jackass since the Nixon Falls story, but he's still an epic jackass. Carly, though, is even worse that she used to be. I don't understand how the writers think we should be rooting for her. She steamrollers through life not caring what anyone else thinks, doing only what is best for her. 

I think the actors would appreciate meatier material than what they get, which is repetitive and badly written. I'll never understand why the show doesn't take any creative chances.

• Love 16

I’d argue that they even botched Morgan’s death. The original story was Sonny ordering a hit on Julian but Morgan stole his car and died instead. Which put the onus on Sonny and Carly and should have been a reflection on how the mob life yet again affected their children. They rewrote a few months later and made Olivia Jerome be behind the whole thing, thereby making them look like the victims and blameless. In the end Sonny and Carly are terrible and bring a lot of destruction to other people’s lives but never get called out on it anymore.  

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’d argue that they even botched Morgan’s death. The original story was Sonny ordering a hit on Julian but Morgan stole his car and died instead. Which put the onus on Sonny and Carly and should have been a reflection on how the mob life yet again affected their children. They rewrote a few months later and made Olivia Jerome be behind the whole thing, thereby making them look like the victims and blameless. In the end Sonny and Carly are terrible and bring a lot of destruction to other people’s lives but never get called out on it anymore.  

Honestly, Sonny and Carly should have been over the day Sonny chose Kate over Michael and Michael getting shot in the head. it should have been over for Carly. Because everything she told everyone was a lie. AJ woulda been a crappy father because of his "issues" (aka low self-esteem and alcoholism) , the Q's were too "dysfunctional" and the mobster life was the best choice. You can even handwave Sonny shooting Carly because how was he supposed to know she was in labour, and Alcazar was only trying to help?

And then. despite all the claims Sonny said, despite all the I love my kids! and he'd do everything/anything to protect him. Michael getting too used to "mob life", threatening people, wanting to be in the business. A hit was on Sonny, sonny hears a gun shot, and his first reaction was to protect Kate. that legit should have been the line in the sand. We can all hate Jax and whatever, but considering he was right there for a front row seat  - anytime he goes he's afraid for his daughter, this should be the first thing that springs to Carly's mind. This should have been Carly's watershed moment. 

Viki finding out/remembering she was sexually abused by her father on OLTL
Erica'a finding out that her rape was actually a business deal arranged by her father on AMC

then just "Carly realizing her house of cards wasn't worth it." would have been great. you could still have her be carly (as we know/hate her for the majority of us), but just having that watershed moment that - she was wrong, and she couldn't lie to herself anymore - and being committed to that would have been a severe turning point on the show. in regards to the character

it was sort of why i was screaming that joss needed to either A: be killed or B: be severely injured/disfigured during the whole"Carly is Mob Queen" storyline. but it just made it to be "oh Jax is just worried over nothing, see no one got hurt and i won because the bad mobsters blew up tralallala."  

• Love 6
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Honestly, Sonny and Carly should have been over the day Sonny chose Kate over Michael and Michael getting shot in the head. it should have been over for Carly. Because everything she told everyone was a lie. AJ woulda been a crappy father because of his "issues" (aka low self-esteem and alcoholism) , the Q's were too "dysfunctional" and the mobster life was the best choice. You can even handwave Sonny shooting Carly because how was he supposed to know she was in labour, and Alcazar was only trying to help?

And then. despite all the claims Sonny said, despite all the I love my kids! and he'd do everything/anything to protect him. Michael getting too used to "mob life", threatening people, wanting to be in the business. A hit was on Sonny, sonny hears a gun shot, and his first reaction was to protect Kate. that legit should have been the line in the sand. We can all hate Jax and whatever, but considering he was right there for a front row seat  - anytime he goes he's afraid for his daughter, this should be the first thing that springs to Carly's mind. This should have been Carly's watershed moment. 

Viki finding out/remembering she was sexually abused by her father on OLTL
Erica'a finding out that her rape was actually a business deal arranged by her father on AMC

then just "Carly realizing her house of cards wasn't worth it." would have been great. you could still have her be carly (as we know/hate her for the majority of us), but just having that watershed moment that - she was wrong, and she couldn't lie to herself anymore - and being committed to that would have been a severe turning point on the show. in regards to the character

it was sort of why i was screaming that joss needed to either A: be killed or B: be severely injured/disfigured during the whole"Carly is Mob Queen" storyline. but it just made it to be "oh Jax is just worried over nothing, see no one got hurt and i won because the bad mobsters blew up tralallala."  

I think having Carly walk away would have been an interesting moment but the problem is that they never had her stop hero worshipping Jason who was just as dangerous and actively in the mob as well. In the Guza years, things eventually shifted to where Jason and his loved ones were more of a target than Sonny’s were but Carly had a massive blind spot towards him while rightfully calling Sonny out whenever something bad happened. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’d argue that they even botched Morgan’s death.

I would not argue against that. It was ridiculous. And Carly's big "come to Jesus" moment with throwing guns in the harbor was a total farce, too.

1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

. In the Guza years, things eventually shifted to where Jason and his loved ones were more of a target than Sonny’s were

And nothing really happened to them. Jake was retconned alive, Danny is safe, Sam is still the same dingbat she's always been. Elizabeth was never much of a target. Jason didn't pay much for his mob stuff, either.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly's big "come to Jesus" moment with throwing guns in the harbor was a total farce, too.

I mean, this is how it's always been.  She forced Sonny to sign over his parental rights to Morgan after Michael was shot and that's been forgotten and replaced with "Sonny is the best dad who puts his kids first."

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think having Carly walk away would have been an interesting moment but the problem is that they never had her stop hero worshipping Jason who was just as dangerous and actively in the mob as well. In the Guza years, things eventually shifted to where Jason and his loved ones were more of a target than Sonny’s were but Carly had a massive blind spot towards him while rightfully calling Sonny out whenever something g had happened. 

that too. it's... just crazy weird and bizarre. but i mean Carly's lady boner is that strong.  at one point Carly needed to just. stop with that too. I will always hate sonny but i never cheered so loud when Sonny clapped her across the face with the fact that Jason was always the third person in their marriage and how he's supposed to be okay with it. but Carly could never be patient about this. 

(and i know people will argue Carly is up front w/her jason obsession, but imo being honest about it never did make it right. )

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

And nothing really happened to them. Jake was retconned alive, Danny is safe, Sam is still the same dingbat she's always been. Elizabeth was never much of a target. Jason didn't pay much for his mob stuff, either.

only who suffered were actual Quartermaines who were collateral damage. Emily because of Sonny/Jason's actions towards Alcazar (so Diego went after everyone Jason/Sonny loved), Justice stupidly deciding to go in for Jason at a mob meeting to protect him, etc. and Jason just had sad face and continued to be Sonny and Carly's lapdog

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She forced Sonny to sign over his parental rights to Morgan after Michael was shot

She let him see Morgan like a week later. We all laughed at that. Way to make a point, Carly.

• Love 7

I'm calling B.S. on Betsy being Liz's stalker. 

1. How did she know Liz removed her ring?
  2. How did she get into Liz's house and find the ring in the drawer and take it to GH, to the staff locker room?  And did she take the dress at the same time?
  3. Would she burn down Franco's studio?
  • Love 4

Truthfully I think it’s too late to write Carly outside of Sonny and the mob. She’s been so focused on that area for decades and she has nothing else going on aside from helicopter parenting her adult kids. Even when she was in non Sonny pairings, she remained obsessed with Sonny and Jason and whatever they had going on. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The show refuses to write any stories for Sonny and Carly that bring them to their knees. Oh, they have their bumps in the road, like Morgan dying, losing Jason, etc., but nothing really changes them. Sonny is a little less of a jackass since the Nixon Falls story, but he's still an epic jackass. Carly, though, is even worse that she used to be. I don't understand how the writers think we should be rooting for her. She steamrollers through life not caring what anyone else thinks, doing only what is best for her. 

I think the actors would appreciate meatier material than what they get, which is repetitive and badly written. I'll never understand why the show doesn't take any creative chances.

GH made a massive, massive, mistake when they refused to give Sonny and Carly permanent consequences for murdering AJ and covering it up. Michael put up a good show but it didn't last. He forgave them within months and gave Avery back. If any moment in the show history called for one of their children to permanently disown them, that was it. Avery should be raised as a Quartermaine, in the Quartermaine mansion, and Monica should take pleasure in not allowing Sonny/Carly to come to the mansion.

• Love 10
(edited)

Avery is Sonny and Ava's daughter, so if anyone should raise her, it's Ava. Avery has no Q blood whatsoever. They have enough wayward children to deal with.

Edited by dubbel zout
clarity, oof
  • Love 8

I think I might hate Willow more than Carly. Judging Nina for sleeping with a separated Sonny but when she skipped out of her son’s bday party to sleep with Michael while she was married wasn’t an issue? Also, Willow and Michael leveraging access to Wiley and using it as a punishment will forever be gross and I hate like they act like those 2 are amazing parents when everything points to the opposite. 

• Love 18

I just can't w/Carly. I had to mute her today. "How did my marriage end?" Witch, are you seriously asking?!?!?! YOU DIDN'T WANT THE MARRIAGE, AND THAT'S WHY IT ENDED! Sonny was there, begging you to work on it w/him but you wanted to "think" and hate Nina more than love your husband! Why are you confused? I muted her after that lame comment. And just no to her girl's night out w/her forced, fake friends! There is no world where I will ever believe Sam and Carly are friends. Olivia maybe but Sam . . . heck no! 

And my head hurts from the giant anvils they kept dropping w/r/t Nina and Willow. I muted that nonsense too. This story re: Nina's child has been dragged out for YEARS. Years!! It was clearly Willow, and then not and now we're back to Willow being her daughter or a twin. I'm just done. No one cares who Nina's child is! I don't care if Willow and Nina bond. I don't care if they hate each other forever. I don't care if their bonding breaks up Millow. I hate Willow and don't care anything about her or her relationships w/anyone. I cared about this particular story when MS was in the role. She's not so my interest is completely gone. 

As someone who was bitterly disappointed w/the ending of the Chase/Michael/Willow arc, imagine my surprise when Chase went off on Michael. I loved that brief moment! It was great!! But they ruined it all by having Chase back off and be more friendly w/Michael. Argh! I guess I was foolish to think they would let someone be angry w/the golden child! This show sucks! Michael was never Chase's friend since he always wanted Chase's girlfriend. I don't want to see those two as friends. Chase and Brando can be friends. Michael can be friends w/his mommy! 

I still think Jake is doing this. Betsy is too obvious.  For me, this is one of the more interesting stories on the show. 

• Love 12

It's so gross Willow is judging Nina on moral character when Wiley's paternal grandparents are mobbed up to their eyeballs. And Willow herself hasn't exactly comported herself nobly. Yet NINA is the terrible person here. It didn't take Willow long to buy the Corinthii bullshit hook, line, and sinker. Ugh. And I used to really like Willow. 

Throwing axes is so five years ago, at least. Way to stay current, Show.

• Love 13

Today's Show

Liz sees a painting that iskinda meh. and ominous boots!

Jasonlite and Sam share a hug. Jasonlite is all yay that Maxie got the baby and is safe. and then hilariously when sam points out that Peter hurt so many people he cared about Jasonlite opens his mouth and goes. "and Peter killed my brother." (You know who killed your OTHER BROTHER? the person you think is all GENEROUS to a fault you nimrod). anyway Jasonlite says he can think about his future. 

Carly shows up and tells Olivia that she filed the divorce papers. Olivia asks how she feels, and Carly answers "a failure."

Nina is flashing back to the argument with Jasonlite how she's not with Sonny. She is sadz that she can't to Phyllis. Curtis and Stella are there to satisfy cravings, see Nina, hugs all abound and then Curtis says "you can talk to us, what's on your mind?"

Millowtonin is at the hospital. Michael brought an ipad that Willow forgot. (Doesn't Michael ever go to work?). Michael is sad that Carly filed divorce papers. Willow goes sorry. but now we have to talk about Nina. Michael triggers. "Douche-Face"

The Brother Awesome are infodumping/trying to figure out Liz's mystery. Chase does point out that the pranks are sophisticated. Finn says yes - but the boys aren't little kids. 

Ominous Boots touches Liz's shoulder and she shrieks

credits!!

Omnious Boots belong to Cam! They are all freaked out about the portrait because they thought it was destroyed in fire.  Liz is calling the police. 

Chase is being Detective. Finn is like whoa, I don't even know if Elizabeth wants you to know. Finn wants to know when Chase gets to go back to work and Chase answers a few months. (this plot point is so dumb).

Hospital
Oh yay. Willow has triggered "Cow-mode." Willow is raging at Michael how Nina played her by not telling her she slept with Sonny and withheld vital information from her. Excuse me? Like how was that conversation was supposed to go? "HI Willow. I'd love to see Wiley but I just screwed Sonny's brains out an Carly saw, so Carly will hate me forever so. does Saturday work for you?" like shut up. 

Anyway Michael goes "Sonny is to blame too." Willow isn't hearing it. "This is a pattern. Nina makes a pitch to be in Wiley's life and omits stuff that aes her look bad. I don't want to baby hoard but I don't want Nina in Wiley's life. you were right Michael." (Nina. SUE. FOR CUSTODY). 

Charlies
Stella went to go get foods. Curtis hisses "QUICK! INFODUMP ME!" they quickly talk about Hatman, Curtis points out nice deflection btw. 

Metrocourt
Olivia liquors up Carly. this is tearing up Carly. Olivia wants to know the dish. Carly is disappointed. She wants to know what happened. or be over it. how does she means so little to Sonny? (I need to point this out because the show is too coward to: Carly is mad that Sonny didn't have Nina Murdered. everything else IMO him sleeping with Nina is moot. She thinks that she should mean so much to someone that they would murder someone without even questioning it - but too coward to actually state that's what she wants). 

Jasonlite wants to take a leadership role at Aurora. Michael is awesome at his job (because of course he is, even though we never see him working). we learn Jax gave up his interest because conflict of interest. (whatever). Sam says do what you want - and then goes to Olivia and Carly. They are going to have a girls night out....

They go axe throwing. 
Lord, give me strength

Charlies
Nina  wants to know if something happened between Curtis and Hatman. Stella snaps "I thought you were making progress?!" Curtis infodumps  everyone why he can't just let Hatman's history go. It's because of Portia. Curtis says Jasonlite is involved in getting Hatman's history. Stella looks horrified. Nina leaves. "are you out of your damned mind?!" snaps Stella (heh)

Metrocourt
Hatman and Jasonlite shakes hand. Hatman infodumps us about Jasonlite's life. boring. skip.

The Brothers Awesome.
Finn just wants happiness for Chase and he will always be there. Chase goes. Thanks.. Phone rings. It's Liz. Why Liz calls FINN and not the cops is beyond me. Anyway. Painting Infodump, Liz: the painting didn't burn down it's in my living room!. Finn says I'm on the way!. Chase wants to go  but Finn wisely points out maybe not the best idea since he's suspended. Chase pouts (heh). but says keep me posted. Finn says okay and "be good!!". (aww).

Hospital
Michael says he totally wants Nina away from Wiley. He thinks though he needs to take this slowly though so it's not emotionally driven. Willow is like I'm mad at nina. but Carly and Sonny can be together. Woo.  Michael snorts. Willow goes "well i never though Chase would forgive me." (wish he hadn't), and we were good, until I blew it up again."  Michael: "Well we. we judged Chase and BLQ sleeping together". Willow: "We owe them an apology."  Willow can't apologize now because she has an exam. They kiss.  and Michael splits. 

Nina shows up. Willow triggers Righteous Bitch Face

Liz's House
Dante is at the house. Finn shows up. we get the infodump of where all the boys are. and there is a spare key but only the boys know where it is.  Dante asks if Liz was sure that the painting was at the studio? Liz answers yes, and then so Dante goes "well clearly it's the same person." Liz gasps. "I KNOW WHO IT IS!"

Metrocourt
Jasonlite is blowing up so much smoke up Hatman's butt about being such a great Jazz know it all, and he needs him. Hatman plays along a bit and then goes. "Curtis put you up to this."

Charlies
Stella points out that Portia knows as much as 

Chase's Place
Michael shows up. Chase  has no time for Michael. Michael doesn't care. 

Axethrowing
Carly says this is pathetic. I agree.  Olivia legit pulls out a picture of Nina and goes. "i have inspiration." I hate these people. so much. Anyway  montage time. 

Hospital
Willow tries to avoid Nina. Nina wants to visit wiley and wants to secure visitation. Willow triggers Corinthii Righteousness: "I'm astounded you would ask me about Wiley, considering the situation with Michael's parents." (yes because Wiley is her grandson, you ninny). 

Nina gets pissed "I'm sorry they broke up, but that' has nothing to do between my relationship with WILEY."  Willow channels her inner Michal hypocrite and snaps: "Carly caught you in bed with sonny. You went after a marrried man like a heat seeking missle, and you don't see why Michael and I would have  a problem with that?!" (Please remember you self-righteous cow. you as a married woman screwed husband's best friend on your son's birthday. so you have ZERO. ROOM. TO. TALK). 

Nina: "I shouldn't be surprised you you found out.. but i didn't mean for that to happen." Willow: "do you keep a running tab of how many time you used that phrase? How many lives did you damage or ruin by things you "didn't intend".  How the hell can you ask me to advocate for you, when I can't believe a word you say?" Nina gives her bitch face. I am screaming SHUT. UP. . YOU CHEATED ON YOUR HUSBAND WILLOW. YOU LIED TO HIM. FOR MONTHS. AND HE FORGAVE YOU. you have no right to judge anyone ever in life after that.  Please show. make this up to me and not have CLQ forgive these two losers.

Metrocourt
Jasonlite:"this is a job interview, Hatman."  Hatman goes "do you think I was born last night? Curtis asked you to do this, and I'm not a charity chase. tis' over." Jasonlite stops him

Chase's Place
MIchael "I came to apologize."  Chase: "for what?" Michael gives the lamest  apology ever "I shouldn't have come down so hard on you and BLQ." Chase gives him a dirty look. "whatever, apology accepted." (Chase. you are too good for this world, you stupid loveable puppy). Michael:"that was way too easy." 

Chase: "I'm pacing up my life and so I have no time to lay into you even though you deserve it." (aww much better Chase!). Michael "you loved Bailey too. I can only imagine how you must be feeling so won't you feel better unloading? You took heat from a lot of people myself included. you got suspended. You were just trying to protect that little girl and I had no right to judge."

Chase puts down the box and snaps. "You had zero right.  You acted like me sleeping with BLQ which did not happen FYI, was on par with what you and Willow did to me. Michael, YOU SLEPT. WITH! MY! WIFE.  and then you had the nerve to lay into me. because " (and JS gives this great disgusted, annoyed, head shake, eye roll here) "I hurt her feelings. Cut the crap."  (Michael for the record. has "constipated-thinking face")  "the only reason why you are here is to absolve yourself from guilt. it is selfish. and it's self righteous." (YAY CHASE.). Michael has this smug look on his face. "Feel better?" and instead of punching  Michael, Chase goes. "yah I do."

Liz's place
Liz says it could be Betsy. and how Betsy could have been in town. and how Betsy was stalking her. honestly this is boring and it's a skip

Hospital
Nina rightly points out because that wasn't WIllow's business. Willow says this is a pattern with Nina and why drop hints about Nina and Carly? (because it's a GOOD QUESTION DUMBASS). Willow says she won't be thrown under the bus.then adds that as Wiley's mother until Wiley is old enough she needs to vet who has access to him (What? so are you going to like home school him  or something?) NIna tearfully says "Wiley is my only connection to my daughter, he's my blood." WILLOW snaps. "Blood doesn't entitle you to access to someone, Nina, not if you are going to hurt them." (SUE. FOR. CUSTODY. NINA). (also screwing Sonny isn't going to hurt Wiley, you stupid dipstick, Willow). 

Charlies
Stella says just trust what Hatman says. Curtis says I wanna trust and know him. Stella points out maybe Hatman needs to trust him. and then warns if you sneak around, it's never gonna hapen.

Metrocourt
Jasonlite tries to pull it back, and apparently Hatman was born last night because he believes Jasonlite's bs. Jasonlite goes into the whole spiel about giving all of his aliases and crap and Hatman is like. no sorry to busy for me. Jasonlite has confused face. 

Chase's Place
Michael: We felt guilty, so we put off telling you for the right reasons, so when we found out you slept with BLQ,  I thought it balanced the scales a bit (WHAT?! WHY? in what world would that ever balance the scales?) and left me off the hook. So. Sorry."  Chase says "i wish you never lied to me, but i get why you did it." (NOO. NO CHASEEEE hate him). 

Michael "Why is it when we're always trying to do the right thing, you lie?" Chase: "it seems counter intuitive."  They are bonding. Disgusting. Chase, you were the chosen one. you're breaking my heart :(

Liz's Place
Dante wants to know if anyone was in contact with Betsy. Maybe the kids? 

Axethrowing. 
skip oh fyi: "I can't rest until Nina gets what's coming to her."
Olivia: Karma will prevail. Nina wll get what's coming to her.
Carly: Karma takes too long
Me; tell me about it, since it's yet to knock on your door, Carly

Hospital
Nina: how can you say that, I would never hurt wiley. 
Willow: "I don't doubt your love for wiley." (THEN WHY ARE WE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION?). "but i just don't know what I'm going to get with you.

NIna: I think about him all the time. I miss him every day. I made mistakes. I'm learning. I'll be more forth coming.." Willow doesn't care because she's on team michael, and NIna sobs "Don't keep me from my grandchild". (SUE FOR CUSTODY NINA) - also this is so Sam/Baby Lila's umbilical blood/Kristina all over again. I see this show for what it is. 

Charlie's
Jasonlite calls Curtis. Plan failed, says Jasonlite. 

Liz's
Dante is on Betsy' case now. Finn wants to now how Liz is doing. Liz says it' creepy.could Betsy have been around in the house? Finn offers to stay at Liz's for a while. they hug. Finn swears that he'll stay until Liz feels safe. 

Axethrowing
bs skip

Hospital
Willow says "no you can't see Wiley on Saturday." Nina finally loses it and goes. "let me remind you that I have rights in this states and if you are going to block access to my grandson, I will fight for them" GO NINA.

Willow looks shocked that you know, Nina would take that action. stupid bunny.

Anyway show ends. 

• Love 6

I didn't hate the clip of Carly, Sam and Olivia throwing the axes, mainly because the whole thing felt like it was Laura, Kelly and Lisa hanging out together throwing axes. Bonus points for the guy in the kilt. 

Michael apologizing. Thank you for allowing the good writer out of the storage locker to allow Chase to be rightfully angry and not accepting the apology and pointing out that Michael is a self-righteous hypocrite. Then they shoved that writer back into the storage locker because he was writing good dialogue and we went back to trying to absolve Michael of his sins. 

Willow clearly doesn't know the old adage about people living in glass houses and all. Honestly, Willow, I seem to recall you cheating on your husband on the day of your son's birthday party. The difference between Carly and Chase is that someone stopped Chase from going up those steps to confront your lying, cheating ass.

I'm all for holding someone's feet to the fire for their actions, but not like this. This is not earned. This is someone talking out of both sides of their mouths. So you go, Nina, and you get your visitation rights from a judge. Or you go visit Wylie when grandpa goes to see him. Because I doubt Sonny will be cut out of Wylie's life because he has a wandering penis.

I'm still here for Chase/Finn scenes. 

I know that Valentin actor was filming his series for Disney+, but any chance he'll take back his complaint against Chase now that he knows the truth about Bailey?

Drew could not have been more heavy-handed with douchehat if he tried. And I'm assuming that Auntie will go tattle to him about what Curtis and Drew were up to.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

(Nina. SUE. FOR CUSTODY). 

Ugh, no. Kill Wiley so no one gets that little shit.

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Why Liz calls FINN and not the cops is beyond me.

She told Cam to call the PCPD.

• Love 4
Just now, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, no. Kill Wiley so no one gets that little shit.

i wouldn't shed a tear

She told Cam to call the PCPD.

thanks. that was an obvy miss moment by me LOL

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Michael has this smug look on his face. "Feel better?" and instead of punching  Michael, Chase goes. "yah I do."

Chase should have kneed Michael in the nuts and said, "Now I feel better."

And way to undercut Chase's entirely justified anger at Michael and make it about Michael being a good friend.

Willow needs a dictionary. Nina didn't "throw her under the bus" by lying about stuff.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Carly shows up and tells Olivia that she filed the divorce papers. Olivia asks how she feels, and Carly answers "a failure."

To which the correct response is "hey, at least it's not your first rodeo."  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Chase should have kneed Michael in the nuts and said, "Now I feel better."

And way to undercut Chase's entirely justified anger at Michael and make it about Michael being a good friend.

Willow needs a dictionary. Nina didn't "throw her under the bus" by lying about stuff.

it just made me so frustrated angry just hearing Willow going how Nina never told her about it. Are you guys friends? Do you ever encourage talk outside of Nina legit begging these two nimrods for access to her grandkid? What happened between Carly/Sonny/Nina is their business and shouldn't impact whatsoever  Nina/Wiley.  If Michael and Willow want to hate her, hate her but as people keep saying using the kid as a cookie is disgusting.  - especially when mommy and daddy did the exact same thing as gramma Nina several months prior. 

• Love 9

Were they trying to send some ominous vibes with Cam???  Because that is what I was kind of getting when he offered to stay to protect his mom and then Finn offered and hugged Liz the way the camera angle was going I was expecting to see Cam peaking around the corner. Not that I believe Cam is the one doing it, it just sort of seemed a little bit like they were "chem testing" it. (which would OOC for Cam at this point, but if they had already paired him with Esme then he would have an experienced partner lol)

Nina needs to stop trying to talk to those idiots and just get the court order for visitation already.

• Love 13

I get that they’re revisiting the Nina/Willow feud because they changed the Nina’s daughter storyline yet again and are (poorly) ripping off the Sam/Alexis one. However, Willow could have just as easily been angry at Nina for legitimate reasons that didn’t make her sound like a hypocrite. Nina was obnoxious during the bullying storyline and cost Willow her job out of spite. But no, instead adultery is the new evil that somehow only impacts Nina since Sonny, Carly and Millow themselves are cheaters. Willow doesn’t have a leg to stand on when it comes to moral grandparents as long as Carly and Sonny are part of that kid’s lives anyway. Didn’t Carly take over the mob and kidnap an elderly woman with dementia not long before attending Wiley’s last birthday party?

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Dear Dante, I love you to death but maybe you should do your job correctly and TAKE THE PAINTING WITH YOU TO DUST FOR FINGERPRINTS.  Why is it still on the freakin' mantle.   Also, take the extra key under the mat and check it for prints if you think that's the way Betsy got into the house.  Dust the mantel, maybe a chair, since that's the only way Betsy could get that giant ass painting onto the mantel, the front door, pretty much any surface in Liz' living room.  Oy vey!!    

I was so happy when Chase told Michael to essentially eff himself that I had to rewind to watch it again, only to be disapointed a minute later by Michael facetiously asking if his speech made Chase feel better and Chase agreeing and saying he understood why Millow lied.  Eff off with that nonsense.  

Nina's warning line to Willow about having grandparental rights, was a fantastic line read on Cynthia's part.  She put enough venom in there to show off a little bit of the crazy that we haven't seen from Nina since MSt. played her.  

Drew honey, the only thing missing from your "interview" was a picture that showed Marshall you looking into all of his past activities and drawing a line to Curtis.  Eesh, you are not good at the undercover work, at all.  

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Not that I believe Cam is the one doing it, it just sort of seemed a little bit like they were "chem testing" it.

No, but it did make me suspicious of Finn.  (I don't believe Finn did it) but the way that he insisted he would stay with Liz until this is settled, almost, ALMOST made me think they are making Finn the bad guy, that he's doing these things to get Liz to come to him for comfort and speeding up the relationship which is slow gowing because she's still grieving franco.  A Munchhowsen by proxy type thing.   He would have access to the ring, her locker, the dress, the painting.........

• Love 1

Finn is way too passive to do any of this stuff.

I don't really beleive it's him, but there was just a moment when he hugged her and insisted he stay with her that made me go 'hmmmmm'.  It would make for an interesting story but again, it doesn't contain any Corinthi, so it won't happen.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Daisy said:
10 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

A Munchhowsen by proxy type thing.  

i feel i should know this. but i'll play the dumbo anyway. 
a what now?

According to Doctor Google:   behavioral disorder. It affects a primary caretaker, often the mother. The person with MSP gains attention by seeking medical help for exaggerated or made-up symptoms of a child in their care. As health care providers strive to identify what's causing the child's symptoms, the deliberate actions of the parent or caretaker can often make the symptoms worse

• Love 2

Munchausen syndrome is a fictious disorder based on the character of Baron Munchausen who would tell wild, exaggerated stories about his adventures. In the DSM-5, the term has been replaced by 'fictitious disorder imposed on self" and fictitious disorder imposed on another".

It's popular in fiction and TV but I've never seen a case of it in real life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Munchhowsen by proxy

It's Munchausen By Proxy. And it's something that's been used in at least TWO Law & Order Episodes:

MOTHERSHIP Law & Order: "Precious", where the mother/baby killer kept killing her newborn babies because people weren't giving HER the attention, but to the babies.

Law & Order: SVU SHITSHOW: in the early seasons, had a mother abusing her child to gain attention and sympathy for herself.

• LOL 1

Good start on telling Michael off, Chase - now you just have to stick with it and not let Michael's smarmy "feeling better?" persuade you that you don't have every right to boot him out of your life forever because he is a huge hypocrite.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I was so happy when Chase told Michael to essentially eff himself that I had to rewind to watch it again, only to be disapointed a minute later by Michael facetiously asking if his speech made Chase feel better and Chase agreeing and saying he understood why Millow lied.  Eff off with that nonsense.  

Seriously.

And I'm still trying to compute why Michael and Willow would get pissed at Chase for sleeping with BLQ when Chase and Willow were broken up and barely had a tentative friendship, Michael and Willow were slobbering all over each other, but didn't have the guts to admit they liked each other. 

This isn't even high school stuff. This is just dog vomit.  

• Love 9
(edited)

The Chase/Michael friendship is so not believable at this point and I wished they gave up on it. Let Chase be friends with TJ and Brando who while barely on, at least don’t seem like complete assholes. Michael is horrible and never feels guilty for anything he does wrong so I don’t get why Chase is stuck putting up with him. Carly’s kid are as terrible at friendships as she is. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And I'm still trying to compute why Michael and Willow would get pissed at Chase for sleeping with BLQ when Chase and Willow were broken up and barely had a tentative friendship, Michael and Willow were slobbering all over each other, but didn't have the guts to admit they liked each other. 

because Chase made Willow feel like crap for "loving Michael" instead of Chase, when Chase clearly chose not to know about Bailey  and leaving BLQ high and dry, and then Willow got on BLQ's case for lying to Val for the stocks. 

my whole thing is. BLQ had these two back when they were screwing each other behind Chase's back and basically was just like you should tell chase before everyone gets hurt. no judgement from her. both of these guys though had no qualms judging BLQ. 

in all honesty, if this story was written a little bit more tighter, instead of Chase and all saying "Well people can see how good you really are," BLQ can snap back and say "and now I know who actually has my back." 

These guys are apologizing because "oh BLQ was protecting Bailey. we didn't know." not. "BLQ is our cousin and we treated her like crap, we shouldn't have done that." 

Michael didn't even freaking apologize, and once again Chase rips him a new one (as he should) and then basically lets him get away with it (which is the adult thing to do. but i mean. no. don't do that).

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh, and Liv. Bringing Carly to an axe throwing place to process her emotions? Really?

Carly has been processing her emotions all over the place since she found out that Nina knew about Sonny being alive and refused to call himself a victim. 

Carly has been spewing her anger and her venom at anyone who wants to listen, which sadly is everyone, because there is no escape hatch for the characters who cross paths with Carly. They have to listen and look at her sympathetically.

She doesn't need throwing-axes. What she needs is a long overdue vacation off screen.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 14

If that painting was Franco's best, no wonder they were always short of money.

Who in the show's TPTB thought that Carly and Sonny marital drama 4 1/2 days a week was entertaining? It's visual water torture.  So what if Carly's  given up her right to community property? She'll just get it back when they get married again.

All three Corinthos stories today (Carly, Michael and Willow) gave me a rage blackout.  Why is Chase not allowed to be angry at Michael. It's completely justified and it's true, Michael was only there to absolve himself for what he did.

Willow has adopted the peak hypocrisy of Michael and his family. I wish that Nina had thrown in her face that she's glad that she didn't take Willow's offer of pleading for her with Michael in exchange for giving up her legal rights to Wylie because she's really going to need them now.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Olivia asks how she feels, and Carly answers "a failure."

I don't believe it. Brown's Carly might have felt like a failure but LW's, never. She is a failure as a human being but would never feel it.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Lazy is my guess.  It's a cushy job, they're the last ABC soap and MB and LW love being the stars of the show.

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

As someone who was bitterly disappointed w/the ending of the Chase/Michael/Willow arc, imagine my surprise when Chase went off on Michael. I loved that brief moment! It was great!! But they ruined it all by having Chase back off and be more friendly w/Michael. Argh! I guess I was foolish to think they would let someone be angry w/the golden child! This show sucks! Michael was never Chase's friend since he always wanted Chase's girlfriend. I don't want to see those two as friends. Chase and Brando can be friends. Michael can be friends w/his mommy!

One thing that this show does brilliantly is write what really happened, like Sonny telling Carly that Jason was always in their marriage or Chase telling Michael true bombs today, and then they completely pull it back. Pulling the rug out from under us is their specialty.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's Munchausen By Proxy. And it's something that's been used in at least TWO Law & Order Episodes:

Also the movie The Sixth Sense. The little girl played by Mischa Barton had a mom who was putting poison in her soup whenever she started to feel better. Then at the funeral, the mom is soaking up all the sympathy and attention, and some extra is all "That poor woman! And now the younger one is starting to get sick too." 

It seems like when that movie came out, Munchausen's wasn't as well known, because some people were really confused.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

One thing that this show does brilliantly is write what really happened, like Sonny telling Carly that Jason was always in their marriage or Chase telling Michael true bombs today, and then they completely pull it back. Pulling the rug out from under us is their specialty.

they troll the internet, see what the fans are complaining about, give us what we want for two seconds , like today with Chase and Michael and then go back to writing the same garbage and making Chase and Michael besties when in fact, Chase should have punched Michael in the face and steel toed him in the cajones, just for the shits and giggles of it.   then Frank can sit on Twitter and say something like: "watch as Chase vents his anger on Michael on today's General Hospital".   When in reality it's a two second scene that gets taken back immediately.  

I'm surprised Nina was allowed to be slightly venomous to Willow, though i'm sure they think that makes Nina look like a big ole meanie to poor widdle Willow.  Whereas I was sitting there cheering Nina on.   

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Lazy is my guess.  It's a cushy job, they're the last ABC soap and MB and LW love being the stars of the show.

If the rumors are true, LW and MB have pushed back on SLs that make their characters look bad or in the wrong so I don’t think they want to lose even though it would be a more interesting story to play. Also, pretty much everything LW has pitched as her dream SLs for Carly happened last year with the exception of rectonning Michael’s paternity. MB also loved Mike and the NF storyline. I don’t think what the actors want to play and what interests us aligns very well. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm surprised Nina was allowed to be slightly venomous to Willow, though i'm sure they think that makes Nina look like a big ole meanie to poor widdle Willow.  Whereas I was sitting there cheering Nina on.   

the best part of that crapfest was Nina taking her words about "the path being chosen" being that she will exercise her rights as Wiley's grandmother. 

i just find it hilarious that Nina is trying to play by their rules and being polite and whatever, they keep throwing it in her face, and i bet you tomorrow or the next time they are on - they are going to kvetch, and kvetch hard about Nina pressing her rights. 

@statsgirl was right. the cherry would have been throwing it in Willow's face how it's a good thing she didn't sign them away because obviously Willow can't be trusted at all. 

(also thanks everyone about explaining MbP. I knew i knew it,  but it's always good for clarifications)

• Love 3
(edited)

I think I first heard of Munchausen's from listening to Eminem records back in the early 2000s.

Finn casually sipping on soda, and straight out the can?  Nah, didn't need to see that.

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Love 1

I missed the Sam/Drew scene but saw in a recap that Jax sold his half of Aurora. Did they say who he sold it to or does Drew have it back? I was also a little confused on why he was asking Sam about working at Aurora.

I thought she only had control over his half because he left it to Scout when he died and Jax owned the other portion. Wasn’t the whole scene where she put Michael in charge about how she didn’t want to oversee Aurora but didn’t want to sell it to Jax because it was Scout’s legacy? As if there would have been a successful company left in 16+ years for Scout when no one was overseeing the operations but I digress

29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It might have been better had he killed her and posed her before painting her.

Too much?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

The most famous real life case of Munchausen I’ve heard about is Gypsy Rose Blanchard. She got her boyfriend to kill her mom!  And I’ve read of a few other cases. 

ETA: I remember when Franco painted that picture. I always wondered why they didn’t a prof’l artist to paint it! 🤣

Edited by lala2
(edited)

It seemed like the actresses were having fun, but this narrative that Carly has multiple friends now that take her out to help with her sadz is just completely unbelievable to me.  And Sam and Olivia are both being a smidge judgey about Nina, didn't they both have sex wth Sonny when he was involved with other people?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It seemed like the actresses were having fun, but this narrative that Carly has multiple friends now that take her out to help with her sadz is just completely unbelievable to me.  And Sam and Olivia are both being a smidge judgey about Nina, didn't they both have sex wth Sonny when he was involved with other people?

I can't believe Carly is at a place where people are throwing axes and no one aimed one at her...I mean Sam how many times did Carly barge in on your life with Jason and Olivia Carly was gleefully planning the murder of your son because horrors he did his job as a cop...I don't mind Carly because she is a narcissist and a sociapath but I do mind that she is treated like the heroine of PC by the citizens when she has hurt every single family

• Love 17